Dark Souls: cannot unlock framerate

I usually like playing Dark Souls at an unlocked framerate, and thus I have ever since the game came out for PC (retail guy here, and I like playing offline). But recently, I reinstalled it (due to installing Windows 8) and trying to unlock the framerate is giving me the fact that the executable stopped working.

Okay, let's reinstall all redists and such. No dice. CCleaner! That doesn't work either.

Now, I've played Dark Souls unlocked using the same steps above, and I've had success. I don't know why it's not working here. Anyone have an idea of what might be the issue?

Since you said it happened due to Windows 8, there's your problem.

At the moment, Windows 8 is a OS gamers are steering away for a while as it's not quite gamer friendly like Win7.

Ziadaine:
Since you said it happened due to Windows 8, there's your problem.

At the moment, Windows 8 is a OS gamers are steering away for a while as it's not quite gamer friendly like Win7.

Citation needed. Thing is, I ran the Windows 8 Release Preview and unlocking the framerate worked. Also, from personal experience, I can safely say that Windows 8 is vastly better than Windows 7 for gaming, but it's the UI and the design choices that are scaring people. I would have said that people are damned resistant to change if MS hadn't decided to turn the desktop OS into some sort of tablet OS clone.

Sorry, I try to keep the tech guy in me out whenever I need help, but it's quite a generalization to say that Windows 8 isn't as gamer friendly as 7.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked