Browser cache often corrupting

My browser cache keeps getting corrupted when on youtube, so the video stops and gives me an error and the layout is messed up when I refresh until I clear the cache. This is a very recent development, but it worries me.

I'm running Chrome 24.0.1312.57 m with Windows 7 SP 1. Could this be a sign of my RAM failing (I do have budet RAM) or maybe my hard drive dying (it's pretty old now)?

Try to clear out the cache. Not sure how you'd do it in Chrome, but it's worth a shot.

thesilentman:
Try to clear out the cache. Not sure how you'd do it in Chrome, but it's worth a shot.

Yeah, site loads fine after clearing it once but then it corrupts again a few minutes later. Sometimes it's minutes later, sometimes hours later. It's become so frequent it really worries me. Since browser caching does go to the hard drive, I'm scared that might be dying.

Do you have any other browsers you can check? If not, download one. Then test out if it's browser-related or if it's your computer.

If you find it's the browser, try typing in "Chrome://plugins" and check to see if any plug-ins are out of process. If so, disable them and see if that helps out your situation.

It sounds to me like Adobe Shockwave keeps crashing on you. This is due to two different versions of Shockwave running. At least that's been my experience.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked