Downloads folder insists on sitting on the desktop

Hey y'all, I got myself a problem and I'd appreciate it if ye of technological minds might perhaps help a fellow out.

See, my default Downloads folder in my Windows is pretty adamant about just being on my desktop. Personally, I hate it. It conflicts with my old habits, and is quite frankly driving me bananas. I would just delete it, but the bugger keeps popping back. I tried messing about the registry, doing all sorts of fancy "run as administrator" type stuff, such as using the run prompt from win32 and stuff.

I have no idea what I've been doing, to be honest. I downloaded some .reg files that were supposed to fix the problem, but to no avail. I tried my best to follow this guide, but it did not fix the problem.

So, any ideas? Also, Win 7 here, if you're interested.

If I had to guess, although I'm probably way, way off, is that this isn't something Windows is doing, but something your web browser is doing (I'm assuming you're downloading your stuff through your web browser, if not, replace "web browser" with "program you use to download shit"). Try going to your web browser's settings, change the directory where it saves downloads, and you should be set.

Again, I could be way off, but this is my gut feeling.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked