How to defeat defeat?

Not sure if the title fits right or not but meh. Anyways, I have this problem where I tend to have a hard time finishing things I have started. I know that the reason is because I expect that something will happen that will stop/ruin/undo/defeat all the work I put into something, which is brought on from the forty-fifty or so times I did something (finished or closed to) and had it all smacked away. I'll split this up for those who don't want to read a fuck ton of "here is how bad my life's been"(you can tell how much I love myself can't you >.>) and no this is not a whole life story just the stuff I felt help cause the problem I am trying to fix. Also, before you mention my post history please keep in mind I have a lot of problems and possibly birth defects but please stay on this topic, I don't want some flame war spill out on here if i wanted to simply cause a flame war I'd go post everything I know about religions in R&P and just laugh as shit hit the fan so please none here.

So yeah now that the fun back story part is down, we get to the asking for advice. Even though I'm getting better I'm still having a hard time getting back into making games (which is the biggest part of who I am), simply because as it stands right now I either can't finish them, or the ones I can do will be total shit. So I was wondering, well how do you defeat defeat?(I guess it did fit) How do you get yourself to stop thinking that it's not going to work or just all the effort will go to waste?

good thing about the escapists forums is they tend to be pretty free of any judgement and flaming.
having said that your whole post reads as "wah wah wah. bitch moan. complain. cry"

hopefully i read your sub text right and that is exactly what you need to hear. you are obviously a fairly intelligent highly skilled individual and already know what you need to do, all you need now is a swift kick in the ass to get going. nothing we say here is going to motivate you more than you can do by yourself. so now that you have got the venting out of your system go out and achieve!!!

lechat:
good thing about the escapists forums is they tend to be pretty free of any judgement and flaming.
having said that your whole post reads as "wah wah wah. bitch moan. complain. cry"

hopefully i read your sub text right and that is exactly what you need to hear. you are obviously a fairly intelligent highly skilled individual and already know what you need to do, all you need now is a swift kick in the ass to get going. nothing we say here is going to motivate you more than you can do by yourself. so now that you have got the venting out of your system go out and achieve!!!

Aw, your gonna make me blush. Anyway, yeah, went back through and there is a fair amount of pointless bitching (inward venting seems to just cause extra tension >.>). I'll see how I feel after a day or two before saying that all I needed was to vent but there is a good chance it was. If that does turn out to be all then I'll most likely necro this thread in a few weeks with some proof(hopefully game number three(giving myself a few weeks is most likely too easy on myself the first two I did in a couple of days)) Anyway thanks for the suggestion and added thought to the infinite spiral of though I call a brain oh and also,

wow, what a story.. You had to drop out for defending Poe. That's incredible -and somewhat stupid.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked