Tiredness

I can barely muster up enough energy to tell you guys this, but I've been feeling quite tired as of late. Well, I have done for quite some time now. I don't know whether or not it's just because I'm depressed, but I've been finding myself lazy and not bothered to do much of anything these days. Even on the days when I don't have to get up early for school or anything, I still tend to feel lethargic, I don't find much enjoyment in things that I used to anymore (like watching a film that I loved, but now I just tend to get distracted by other stuff and can barely even focus all my attention on the picture, or writing stuff and now I just don't even feel like it). And my stress and OCD doesn't help either, nor does my getting up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet (it only happens once, and I can always get to sleep fairly easily soon after, but maybe worth mentioning).

Any thoughts? Help? Advice?

Relish in Chaos:
I can barely muster up enough energy to tell you guys this, but I've been feeling quite tired as of late. Well, I have done for quite some time now. I don't know whether or not it's just because I'm depressed, but I've been finding myself lazy and not bothered to do much of anything these days. Even on the days when I don't have to get up early for school or anything, I still tend to feel lethargic, I don't find much enjoyment in things that I used to anymore (like watching a film that I loved, but now I just tend to get distracted by other stuff and can barely even focus all my attention on the picture, or writing stuff and now I just don't even feel like it). And my stress and OCD doesn't help either, nor does my getting up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet (it only happens once, and I can always get to sleep fairly easily soon after, but maybe worth mentioning).

Any thoughts? Help? Advice?

how active are you?
I went through a patch of feeling tired all the time and found it was because I wasn't being physically active.
I fixed it by joining a gym and 5 a side indoor football.

after one workout and the blood was pumping I felt really good.
I still get tired spells but I pick myself up and force myself to do something

Yeah, exercising should really help. Also, what is your sleep routine? I've found that getting in a routine of waking up early helps too. Sunlight is good for tiredness and depression; it's a natural high just like exercising.

Both of these things are hard to make yourself do at first. Really hard. But just make yourself do sets of 15 pushups and your body will start getting into it. Work out for 45 mins 3 times a week, and you'll be amazed how much more energy you get. Same with waking up early. Set an alarm, make yourself get up, shower, and have a coffee. Get some shit done before noon. You'll be tired, so go to bed early and keep the routine. Pretty soon it'll be exactly what your body wants.

It sounds like you're just unhealthy. You need to make sure you're getting adequate nutrition and exercise. Take a piss before you go to bed. If you're feeling that depressed, go to a doctor, get diagnosed, get medicated. That seems to be the fairly standard catch-all.

Relish in Chaos:
snip

I get so involved in the things that I do that I find myself getting burnt out and feeling much the same way you do. You need to set yourself up with a solid 8 hours of sleep every night and follow a schedule (go to bed at the same time every night) so your body can get used to it. A good few months worth of solid sleep can do wonders for both depression and burn out. You could also try spending some time in the sun and maybe a little walking. Sleeping would be the easiest thing to do at first.

bunch of good tips in here

1. go for a walk early in the morning
2. go for a walk in the afternoon and try and get some sun. no more than 20 minuets on sunny days and dont wear sunscreen
3. improve your diet if relevant. take a multi vitamin. eat some fiber. have some cultured yogurt
4. regulate your sleep patterns
5. talk to some friends. have some fun

if the combination of those things does not perk you up you should see a doctor. don't want to be captain negative but there a million different medical conditions that have those exact symptoms of which you more than likely have none

carlsberg export:
how active are you?
I went through a patch of feeling tired all the time and found it was because I wasn't being physically active.
I fixed it by joining a gym and 5 a side indoor football.

after one workout and the blood was pumping I felt really good.
I still get tired spells but I pick myself up and force myself to do something

I'm moderately active. I used to go to a kickboxing club, but I quit because they kept on changing to faraway venues that were really difficult to get to because buses are infrequent or don't even run at all that late at night (neither my mum nor I can drive a car). But even when I used to, I never really looked forward to it. Whenever I was there, due to my social anxiety and low self-esteem, I still felt like an outsider who didn't belong there, despite the fact that everyone else around me were having fun. I mean, I did have fun at times, but after it finished and I got home, I (of course) just felt tired again and had to force myself to take a shower before going to bed.

Mr.Cynic88:
Yeah, exercising should really help. Also, what is your sleep routine? I've found that getting in a routine of waking up early helps too. Sunlight is good for tiredness and depression; it's a natural high just like exercising.

Both of these things are hard to make yourself do at first. Really hard. But just make yourself do sets of 15 pushups and your body will start getting into it. Work out for 45 mins 3 times a week, and you'll be amazed how much more energy you get. Same with waking up early. Set an alarm, make yourself get up, shower, and have a coffee. Get some shit done before noon. You'll be tired, so go to bed early and keep the routine. Pretty soon it'll be exactly what your body wants.

My sleep routine is that I go to bed between 11-12:30pm before waking up at 6:30am on weekdays, and I go to bed at the same time before waking up around 10am on weekends or holidays. I'm currently on my half term, but for some reason, I still feel tired and stuff.

I guess I will try and do 15 pushups, 45 minutes for 3 times a week. My mother does tell me that it's good to do some exercise now and then. I do occasionally walk or run to town and back, but...I don't really schedule it. It's not rigid; sometimes, if I don't want to spend the money, I just do it.

manic_depressive13:
It sounds like you're just unhealthy. You need to make sure you're getting adequate nutrition and exercise. Take a piss before you go to bed. If you're feeling that depressed, go to a doctor, get diagnosed, get medicated. That seems to be the fairly standard catch-all.

Well, I try to drink a litre of water (from what I heard, a big glass of water, or water-diluted juice) with each meal, and I do take a piss every single time before I go to bed. But I have been diagnosed with OCD, depression, and generalized anxiety by my therapist, and I'm currently on the waiting list for getting CBT. I actually have a meeting in a week's time with the guy.

Eclipse Dragon:

Relish in Chaos:
snip

I get so involved in the things that I do that I find myself getting burnt out and feeling much the same way you do. You need to set yourself up with a solid 8 hours of sleep every night and follow a schedule (go to bed at the same time every night) so your body can get used to it. A good few months worth of solid sleep can do wonders for both depression and burn out. You could also try spending some time in the sun and maybe a little walking. Sleeping would be the easiest thing to do at first.

Yeah, I'll take the tip. I literally find it hard to go to bed before 11 - I just don't feel tired enough to do so. But I might try to go to bed earlier. My sleep schedule tends to just be "I go to bed when I'm done on the laptop and I feel like it" and "I'll wake up when I can be arsed, or if I have to go to school".

lechat:
bunch of good tips in here

1. go for a walk early in the morning
2. go for a walk in the afternoon and try and get some sun. no more than 20 minuets on sunny days and dont wear sunscreen
3. improve your diet if relevant. take a multi vitamin. eat some fiber. have some cultured yogurt
4. regulate your sleep patterns
5. talk to some friends. have some fun

if the combination of those things does not perk you up you should see a doctor. don't want to be captain negative but there a million different medical conditions that have those exact symptoms of which you more than likely have none

As I've said above, I suffer from OCD, depression, and generalized anxiety. But thanks, everyone, for the advice. I should probably try to adjust my diet too - I eat way too much junk food, sometimes even because I'm just bored. Eating is apparently something I do when I'm bored now.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked