How much attention is too much?

So a little back-story.

I've been talking with a girl for about the past month, through a combination of texts and Facebook. I met her through my brother's girlfriend, and we have gone on a date albeit a casual one. I'm not really concerned with so much what to say to her or how to treat her(it wouldn't really make sense I assume no one here knows her lol), more I'm concerned with how much I should try and talk to her.

I'm rather infatuated to say the least, and I can tell that she does like me at least a fair amount. I'm worried about seeming to eager or needy, and I don't want to scare her away. But I guess my main fear is that I'm not attractive enough for her to want my attention, but that's another beast entirely... I've been single for the past four years, so I know a lot of my concerns are probably my mind making mountains out of ant hills, but I still don't want to mess this up :(

So Escaptist what are your thoughts? Any response is welcome, as long as it's constructive~

Thanks,

Justin

Ozzythecat:
snip

Ah that fun game. My take is don't try and go with an actual number of times per day or number of days between calls. Different girls want different things; there isn't a hard rule that applies to everyone. Message, call, text when ever you feel like and have something to say. Don't try and find what she wants you to do; do what you want to do and see if she likes that. Honestly the corny line of 'just be yourself' is best, I've found. Yes it means that you might not get as many dates in the long run if you don't try and play into what the other person wants but it does mean that you don't have to keep up an act.

TLDR: Keep it simple and do what you want, dating is complicated enough.

Sorry, I'm tired and this seems kinda rambly. Hope it helps and good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Can't agree enough with Rylot. Talk to her as often or as infrequently as you feel like. That said, there's a few things to watch out for. If she seems overly blunt or distant it could mean she's not in the mood to talk to you at the moment, so don't push. Also, if she's the one that tends to initiate conversation then don't feel the need to hold back, since she clearly wants to talk to you.

NoeL:
Can't agree enough with Rylot. Talk to her as often or as infrequently as you feel like. That said, there's a few things to watch out for. If she seems overly blunt or distant it could mean she's not in the mood to talk to you at the moment, so don't push. Also, if she's the one that tends to initiate conversation then don't feel the need to hold back, since she clearly wants to talk to you.

I tend to be the initiator so that's why I was concerned about.

Thanks for the advice! =D

Rylot:

Ozzythecat:
snip

Ah that fun game. My take is don't try and go with an actual number of times per day or number of days between calls. Different girls want different things; there isn't a hard rule that applies to everyone. Message, call, text when ever you feel like and have something to say. Don't try and find what she wants you to do; do what you want to do and see if she likes that. Honestly the corny line of 'just be yourself' is best, I've found. Yes it means that you might not get as many dates in the long run if you don't try and play into what the other person wants but it does mean that you don't have to keep up an act.

TLDR: Keep it simple and do what you want, dating is complicated enough.

Sorry, I'm tired and this seems kinda rambly. Hope it helps and good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Actually that really helps :D I guess I wasn't concerned enough with myself.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked