printer comes with error message

hi

first time actually that i post here.

since yesterday i have a problem with my printer (canon pixma MP230) that it doesnt print anymore because it its not available. MS office shows up empty so as websites. the only thing i can do is scanning.

under control panel, devices and printer, my printer has an yellow exclamation mark. trouble shooter says it cant fix it. if i want to install drivers, i get this message:
processing cannot be continued because the windows print spooler service has been stopped. start the print spooler service and then try again.

ok, so i try to start it up again under admin tools, services; i get this message:
windows could not start the print spooler service on local computer.
error 1053: the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

i dont understand any of it so i googled it and found out that i have to instal a error fix program to fix my problem. from my experience these programs made things only worse and you need to pay for them.
now i really have no idea how i can get my printer back to run.

i use avast and no viruses were found. my computer as such works fine besides my printer problem of a sudden.
would appreciate a useful method that would delete my pc.

I assume you've already tried restarting your computer. If not, do that.
Other possible solution:
Go back to services.msc, double click the Print Spooler service, open the Dependencies tab and note the listed services, go back and try to start the dependent services then try to start the Print Spooler service again.

Dunno what else to try, maybe do a system restore to back before the problem started. Whatever you do, don't delete your pc...probably won't fix your problem.

thanks for your answer. unfortunately it dint help. i was able to start up the dependent services but the spooler still comes with the error. :(

will try the restore part. just hope it will not delete important files. also forgot to mention, that i deleted the printer and reinstalled it, but still no success. even wile installing, it had trouble to install MP230. and again, installing drivers came with the mentioned problem.

or i wait for more answers to make sure there is another way.

If you have windows 7 try uninstalling the driver software that came with your printer, then reconnect it and let windows identify it.

AWAR:
If you have windows 7 try uninstalling the driver software that came with your printer, then reconnect it and let windows identify it.

yes, i have win 7. forgot to mention it.

i did that, and i still keep getting this message.

Hmmm.. Could it be possible that the printer is at fault? Have you tried plugging it into another PC?

Metalrocks:

AWAR:

yes, i have win 7. forgot to mention it.

i did that, and i still keep getting this message.

I loathe to get all "help center" on you, but did you try re-installing the printer according to Canon's instructions? There's a good reason why just about everyone insists that you install the manufacturer's drivers before connecting the device. Windows gets all possessive, thinking it knows what's best for every new device on your system.

My rant being over, have a look here:http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/273475-print-spooler-error-1053-windows-7-can-t-start-spooler-servce

Also, be thankful that it's just the spooler at issue right now. My Canon printer one day decided to not power up at all, which is unfortunately turning out to be a common experience.

You could also try this:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
Might fix it if it's caused by corrupted system stuff.

thanks a lot guys.
here i found my solution:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/error-code-1053-print-spooler-failed-to-start/af5a95c5-2973-4d19-9954-bcc2b93f1fad

the guys called izzy_m had it. i copied this post/solution:

I had a customer came to me with a brand new HP Laptop running Windows 7 that could not print on his HP printer.

The error was:
"Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I did sfc /scannow, chkdsk /r /f, and so on without success. Pretty much everything described in this topic.

Then I decided to play with the Spooler service properties and Voala! Problem solved!

Here is my solution:
Go to Start, type services and hit enter.
Go to Printer Spooler, right click Properties.
Go to Log On tab and uncheck Allow service to interact with desktop and hit Apply.
Go back to General tab and start the service.
Hit OK and enjoy.

You are welcome. I hope this would save you some time looking for an answer. I think it is caused by some of Microsoft recent updates. You know, after Patch Tuesdays always come Frustration Wednesdays :).

Izzy M.
www.yourcomputerhealer.com

now i was able to install the drivers and my printer. now it works.
thanks again for your help guys :D

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked