Girl Advice

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right medium to ask this but fuck it, its 1 in the morning and all my friends are asleep.

Soooooooooo I'm in a musical and we had our opening night tonight (or last night I guess)and we had a party afterwards to celebrate a job well done. The party was essentially: food and chilling upstairs, dancing and music downstairs. Basically, when I was partying downstairs in the mosh pit I noticed that this one girl was dancing next to me alot. I dismissed it at first that she was just trying to get into the mosh pit and I was on the outside so she had to dance next to me. Anyways I continued going crazy until I got tired out and headed upstairs for refreshments. When I was upstairs the same girl walked past me and ran her hand through my hair and then motioned with her head at the basement. After a bit I went back downstairs and this girl fucking grinded against me for like a song or two and then grabbed and whispered "You're cute" in my ear and then just fucking left.

I know that may not sound like much but I am immensely shy and I've never had a girlfriend. I'm not sure if that was like a cue that I was supposed to follow her so we could hook up or I dunno. We have two shows tomorrow and she's gonna be there and I don't know if I should like ask her out or something or if now that the party's over then basically that's it.

Help me Escapist I don't know what to do

So a girl dances right next to you to start for awhile. Could be a coincidence sure. Then she follows you and runs her hand through your hair. No girl will ever do that EVER unless they are VERY interested in you. I'm hopeless when it comes to picking up cues and even I know that. Then she rubs her body against you for at least a few minutes and then when you still dont respond she says she thinks your cute.

IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE MUCH!!??WHAT!?What is "much" to you her taking off her top and shaking them in your face? Well considering she was stalking you all night and touched you then grinded up against you and told you shes into you I'd say you have a 100% shot with this girl. I don't know if you were supposed to follow her honestly but I'm completely 100% sure you could get that girls number easily at the very least considering how blindingly obvious it is she is into you. GO ASK HER OUT, TALK TO HER, DON'T BECOME ME. If you want a girlfriend and your into her as well than that's your girl. Hell that's your girl with bright neon lights flashing above her head saying "I WANT YOU".

Well, it wont hurt to take a shot.
The least that could happen is that she was too drunk and wouldnt remember what she did.
Just be flattered :)

Kuilui:
So a girl dances right next to you to start for awhile. Could be a coincidence sure. Then she follows you and runs her hand through your hair. No girl will ever do that EVER unless they are VERY interested in you. I'm hopeless when it comes to picking up cues and even I know that. Then she rubs her body against you for at least a few minutes and then when you still dont respond she says she thinks your cute.

IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE MUCH!!??WHAT!?What is "much" to you her taking off her top and shaking them in your face? Well considering she was stalking you all night and touched you then grinded up against you and told you shes into you I'd say you have a 100% shot with this girl. I don't know if you were supposed to follow her honestly but I'm completely 100% sure you could get that girls number easily at the very least considering how blindingly obvious it is she is into you. GO ASK HER OUT, TALK TO HER, DON'T BECOME ME. If you want a girlfriend and your into her as well than that's your girl. Hell that's your girl with bright neon lights flashing above her head saying "I WANT YOU".

What I meant by "it doesn't sound like much" I mean like, as far as the story goes it didn't progress any farther than that. I figured she's probably into me its just that she came on REALLY strongly and I'm not sure if she like just wanted to hook up at the party and I blew it or if she wants to like go out. One of my friends said that I should probably get to know her better seeing as how I didn't even know her name at the time.

Kuilui:
IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE MUCH!!??WHAT!?What is "much" to you her taking off her top and shaking them in your face?

It might that much in his case... And this comment just made my day.

Do it bro, just go for it. There isn't much more she could've done short of sticking her hand down your pants (or grabbing your hand and sticking it up her shirt). Seriously, just ask her. Believe me, if you don't you'll spend the rest of your life pissed off because you never made a move and the only way it'll manifest is in night after night of frustrated, tearful masturbation... not that I would know <_<

NinjaSniperAssassin:
Seriously, just ask her. Believe me, if you don't you'll spend the rest of your life pissed off because you never made a move and the only way it'll manifest is in night after night of frustrated, tearful masturbation... not that I would know <_<

THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS(Infinity symbol here). A life lesson nobody told me about growing up I really wish somebody fuggin told me was that even if something goes horrible it's better than being left with the unknown and the fantasy. those two things are often far FAR more horrible than the actual event. And eventually most things even terrible or akward as heck become funny stories to tell for the rest of your life. If an opportunity comes knocking just jump on it.

Oh and I'm glad I made your day annoying guy lol.

When it comes to asking girls out it's easy. All you need is confidence really, just be confident and ask her if she wants to do something later with you, put it casually like "Do you want to grab something to eat"? Also you can try flirting a little bit, nothing to extreme but if you feel comfortable with her just give her some compliments.

Really getting girls is easy, all you need is confidence. Believe in yourself, talk to them, if they agree to go out with you then good job, if they say no then don't worry about it, there are always more women out there that will say yes, so don't let it get you down.

The hard part though is finding the right girl that you can spend the rest of your life with. I don't have an answer to that yet.

Joseph Harrison:
I'm not sure if that was like a cue that I was supposed to follow her so we could hook up or I dunno.

You are either really very young, or autistic. Think to yourself, if that wasn't a cue for you to do more, what was? What could possibly be more obvious?

Now clearly, you didn't do anything because you're shy, not because you don't recognise it - the situation flustered you. Totally normal if you've had little experience with girls.

You just need permission to go after things you want. I am giving you that permission. Go and talk to that girl, don't know what to talk about? Say that. Where are you talking to her? Why are you both there? What are your common interests? That's even if you get that far; you're past the hardest part and she already likes you. Just tell her to come with you somewhere, lead her to a quiet place, grab her by the hips and kiss her.

FallenProject:
You are either really very young, or autistic. Think to yourself, if that wasn't a cue for you to do more, what was? What could possibly be more obvious?

Hahahaha, thanks for the compliment, I would say I'm more just hopelessly inexperienced.

To Update the Story:

On Sunday we had a show at 2 o clock and another at 6 o clock then we had to deconstruct the sets so we could store them so basically I was too busy all day to get any time alone with her but we did talk. Basically, we flirted a bit but it was hard to flirt while working with powertools but she did call me cute a second time.

On Monday I skipped school so ain't nothin happened and On Tuesday I spent the whole day taking/ making up tests because I skipped Monday and because we had Friday off cuz of the snow.

Today I hung out with some of my friends and one of them is friends with her circle of friends so he is going to try to get me invited to like a small little party that she might be at. His advice was to go for it but two of my other friends want me to get to know her first.

There was also the issue of a possible second girl but I want to get more info before I say anything conclusive on that matter. Plus I'm a little incredulous on the whole scenario seeing as how I get no attention from girls for YEARS and then suddenly two pop up out of nowhere.

FallenProject:

Joseph Harrison:
I'm not sure if that was like a cue that I was supposed to follow her so we could hook up or I dunno.

Now clearly, you didn't do anything because you're shy, not because you don't recognise it - the situation flustered you. Totally normal if you've had little experience with girls.

You just need permission to go after things you want. I am giving you that permission. Go and talk to that girl, don't know what to talk about? Say that. Where are you talking to her? Why are you both there? What are your common interests? That's even if you get that far; you're past the hardest part and she already likes you. Just tell her to come with you somewhere, lead her to a quiet place, grab her by the hips and kiss her.

Help him, Obi-Wan Kenobi! You are his only hope!

Man, I am also incredibly shy! ("I'm the son, I'm the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar" and that sort of stuff)
I had this sort of thing happen to me a couple of times and done nothing. DON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE ANYMORE!
You want to know her?! Admirable, really. Know her AFTER you hook up. You can talk between kisses.
It is not everyday that an attractive girl gives us such an opening. And, from my experience, if you don't act, SOMEONE WILL!
Does she want to date? I don't know. She wanted to hook up with you. Relationships bloom from there. Or maybe not. So what?
It's not like you're "saving yourself for marriage"...

About the shyness... Alcohol helps me. Don't overdo it. But drink up, young lad!
She could do MUCH WORSE than hook up with you! (you're an escapist, for chrissakes)
And if you hesitate, well... She may do exactly that!

Joseph Harrison:

FallenProject:

Hahahaha, thanks for the compliment, I would say I'm more just hopelessly inexperienced.

To Update the Story:

On Sunday we had a show at 2 o clock and another at 6 o clock then we had to deconstruct the sets so we could store them so basically I was too busy all day to get any time alone with her but we did talk. Basically, we flirted a bit but it was hard to flirt while working with powertools but she did call me cute a second time.

On Monday I skipped school so ain't nothin happened and On Tuesday I spent the whole day taking/ making up tests because I skipped Monday and because we had Friday off cuz of the snow.

Today I hung out with some of my friends and one of them is friends with her circle of friends so he is going to try to get me invited to like a small little party that she might be at. His advice was to go for it but two of my other friends want me to get to know her first.

There was also the issue of a possible second girl but I want to get more info before I say anything conclusive on that matter. Plus I'm a little incredulous on the whole scenario seeing as how I get no attention from girls for YEARS and then suddenly two pop up out of nowhere.

That happened to me in High School as well. I had shit luck with girls all through school and then suddenly I havea date planned with two different girls on the same day and several others were hitting on me.

Twas a confusing time to say the least >.>

I fucking wish I was you, dude. I'm oblivious as a fucking turtle (disclaimer: I have no idea if turtles are oblivious or not) and even I would have picked up on that cue.

I wish I had things like that happen to me. T_T

But, yeah. If you like what you see, go for it. No harm. You won't be turned down, that's for sure. :P

Fappy:

Joseph Harrison:

FallenProject:
snip

snip

That happened to me in High School as well. I had shit luck with girls all through school and then suddenly I havea date planned with two different girls on the same day and several others were hitting on me.

Twas a confusing time to say the least >.>

I'd like to believe that girls have been coming on to me the whole time and I was just too oblivious to notice but its probably more likely that its just cause I started shaving regularly and stopped wearing a hoodie and sweatpants everyday.

gotta love these easy questions
yes she was into you. yes you should do something.

the important thing with girls is to give it a try regardless though. you will always regret the one that got away but 5 minuets of embarrassment will quickly be forgotten

I am looking forward for updates :)

Joseph Harrison:

I'd like to believe that girls have been coming on to me the whole time and I was just too oblivious to notice but its probably more likely that its just cause I started shaving regularly and stopped wearing a hoodie and sweatpants everyday.

Girls tend to talk about guys a lot, if you look better all of a sudden, they all notice, they all talk about it amongst themselves and all reinforce each others' new found affection for you.

Big_Boss_Mantis:

You want to know her?! Admirable, really. Know her AFTER you hook up. You can talk between kisses.
It is not everyday that an attractive girl gives us such an opening. And, from my experience, if you don't act, SOMEONE WILL!
Does she want to date? I don't know. She wanted to hook up with you. Relationships bloom from there. Or maybe not. So what?

This is generally good advice, hook up first and establish that connection. Some people will try to tell you that you should talk to her first but that's bullshit, connections happen either way and you're pretty much there. Don't fuck up, she said that she wants you (pretty much) so if you start TALKING to her, it's the equivalent of distancing yourself from the sex - now ask yourself "Do I want sex and possibly a relationship, or neither?"

Big_Boss_Mantis:

It is not everyday that an attractive girl gives us such an opening.

Although have more self respect than this guy does.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here