so i'm thinking of buying a new gaming pc, however it might be wise to just buy parts.(HELP PLEASE)

I've no tech intellect in putting parts into a computer. My current gaming pc can only work when it's in restore safe mode, got a friend to install a new power supply unit which stopped the PC from restarting itself when playing games for a month, but then kicked in with the freezing again.

I'm unsure whether to just buy a new great rig without the hassle or purchase various parts and get a technician to apply them onto my pc.

Whichever your suggestion is, please give me some advice on what I should buy.

Currently i've got a Vista dell computer, Intel core 2 quad. 2.33 GHZ w' 4 cpu's at 2.3 ghz, a memory of 3.3 Gigs

my graphics cards been with me for two years so i'm uncertain whether i need a new graphics card or not.

if you need more information ask, i'm unsure what to do and it's bothering me.

I've got a budget of about 400-500.

CharrHearted:
snip

Building your own rig is far better than buying a pre-made one. Before recommending anything though, I want to know your budget.

CharrHearted:
I've no tech intellect in putting parts into a computer. My current gaming pc can only work when it's in restore safe mode, got a friend to install a new power supply unit which stopped the PC from restarting itself when playing games for a month, but then kicked in with the freezing again.

I'm unsure whether to just buy a new great rig without the hassle or purchase various parts and get a technician to apply them onto my pc.

Whichever your suggestion is, please give me some advice on what I should buy.

Currently i've got a Vista dell computer, Intel core 2 quad. 2.33 GHZ w' 4 cpu's at 2.3 ghz, a memory of 3.3 Gigs

my graphics cards been with me for two years so i'm uncertain whether i need a new graphics card or not.

if you need more information ask, i'm unsure what to do and it's bothering me.

You want to build a new PC. I have almost the same setup and another gaming tier PC that I use for software development, and trust me you want a new shiny PC with some kickass parts. All I need to know is your budget, and we're golden.

thesilentman:

You want to build a new PC. I have almost the same setup and another gaming tier PC that I use for software development, and trust me you want a new shiny PC with some kickass parts. All I need to know is your budget, and we're golden.

Ofcourse, my budget, should've made that clear, sorry X_X

I've got a budget of about 400-500, think you could recommend me some parts?

AWAR:

CharrHearted:
snip

Building your own rig is far better than buying a pre-made one. Before recommending anything though, I want to know your budget.

I posted it as a reply to my last post, i'l also post it in the main post.

CharrHearted:

thesilentman:

Ofcourse, my budget, should've made that clear, sorry X_X

I've got a budget of about 400-500, think you could recommend me some parts?

A build like this should be good enough for gaming, without taking into account peripherals, OS and a monitor. If you can salvage your old PC for parts (optical drive, hard drive etc), you should maybe get a 660ti instead and add another 4gigs of ram.
Cheaper alternative.

AWAR:

A build like this should be good enough for gaming, without taking into account peripherals, OS and a monitor. If you can salvage your old PC for parts (optical drive, hard drive etc), you should maybe get a 660ti instead and add another 4gigs of ram.
Cheaper alternative.

Ah that looks good, I hope, question, these parts can be purchased from america and will stil work on my PC in the U.K, right? (dumb question, i know XD)

CharrHearted:
-

Everything should be fine but I think you can find all these parts in the UK.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked