Getting into clans in MMOs

I'm wondering if I should get into clans in the MMO I play (in this case world of tanks).

However I don't want to really use VOIP systems or anything like Teamspeak. I just want to stick to keyboard text chat.

Really all I want out of this is people to play the game with me. I've tried out some of the other free to play RPGs and all of them seem designed around forcing you to be in a party. I don't want a social experience or personal interaction, mainly I just want people to help fight boss A or beat mission B.

So am I just unsuited to social gaming or are there people like me out there as well?

Depending on the Clan or Guild, or whatever, they can be anywhere from quiet to loud and boisterous as hell.

You can always check through any recruiting forums or what not and see what kind of guild they are. Some will just be "Oh we're a bunch of people who like to get together and play things" as well as the "We love having fun with people and chatting through the game." Just have to ask first.

Also, don't be afraid to join some of the more social ones. It may be odd at first but after you jump into one or two conversations you may start enjoying it more.

exobook:
I don't want a social experience or personal interaction, mainly I just want people to help fight boss A or beat mission B.

If your schedule can match it, try the hardcore raiding guilds. I don't have any experience with WoT, but you can find guilds of every flavor. Some are just social, some are aimed at new players helping each other, and there are some that treat the game like a job (for lack of a better word). They meet up, get things done, and thats pretty much it. A forewarning though, these guilds usually are pretty strict on making raid time, knowing your role, and always showing up prepared.

World of Tanks is filled to the brim with Clans, many of which don't require voice communication (Though why you wouldnt want to use it is questionable. Text in that game can be a pain sometimes).

Seriously though, there's plenty of clans that require Tier 8 tanks and nothing else.

EDIT: http://worldoftanks.com/uc/clans/

Cut my post short to look for that. its weird how hard that was to find.

Anyway, for any other games, your attitude really isn't very good to most clans. For WoT, its fine.

AccursedTheory:
World of Tanks is filled to the brim with Clans, many of which don't require voice communication (Though why you wouldnt want to use it is questionable. Text in that game can be a pain sometimes).

Seriously though, there's plenty of clans that require Tier 8 tanks and nothing else.

EDIT: http://worldoftanks.com/uc/clans/

Cut my post short to look for that. its weird how hard that was to find.

Anyway, for any other games, your attitude really isn't very good to most clans. For WoT, its fine.

Really all the clans I've seen demand that I use teamspeak.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked