How can I advertise my web pages?

So for a while now I've had a Youtube Channel where I post some of my animation tests, and several Blogspot pages where I'll write decent length discussions on random topics and update both as fairly often as reasonably possible. However, to this day I've had trouble getting interest in either of them. I'd like people to watch my animation tests so I can get some critique, and I'd like people to read my blogs so that people will be entertained and discuss such things with me, but nobody's interested.

How can I draw more viewers? I don't enjoy directly asking for people to pay attention to my stuff, or directly asking my friends to share my stuff, but apparently that's all I can do at this stage. Is there anything I've missed? Any advice that involves me being proactive would be much appreciated, even if it's as basic as "Make better things.".

Also, I've not linked to my pages on this post, because like I said, I don't like directly asking, but links are on my profile page just in case there's any interest to be had.

Hmmm.

The ways that may help off of the top of my head:

Facebook - Links on profile, updates on wall.
Twitter - Twitter equivalent of above.
Forums that allow signatures - Have the links on your signature.

Beyond that and other similar things I cannot think of much that isn't more direct such as asking friends like you said. If it was a business that needed advertising then you could be more "aggressive" and pay for advertisements and so on, but from the sounds of it this is more a hobby?

Legion:
Hmmm.

The ways that may help off of the top of my head:

Facebook - Links on profile, updates on wall.
Twitter - Twitter equivalent of above.
Forums that allow signatures - Have the links on your signature.

Beyond that and other similar things I cannot think of much that isn't more direct such as asking friends like you said. If it was a business that needed advertising then you could be more "aggressive" and pay for advertisements and so on, but from the sounds of it this is more a hobby?

Twitter I'm already working on, my only problem is nobody watches my mountainous amount of tweets either. :P

I suppose it's technically a hobby at the moment., but in a couple months time I'll be studying animation at University, so it's kind of more of a portfolio at the moment containing animation tests and general knowledge, which is why I think it's important that people see it, so they can give me some form of critique.

I guess those are my only real options though, cheers.

You can posts links to your pages in your profile here, and if in anyway applicable to the discussion at hand you could link or post some of your Youtube videos on this site.

Besides that you can try and increase the chance of people finding your stuff on Youtube or Google by having the correct tags (or the wrong but popular ones if you want to rigg the system).

Crispee:
So for a while now I've had a Youtube Channel where I post some of my animation tests, and several Blogspot pages where I'll write decent length discussions on random topics and update both as fairly often as reasonably possible. However, to this day I've had trouble getting interest in either of them. I'd like people to watch my animation tests so I can get some critique, and I'd like people to read my blogs so that people will be entertained and discuss such things with me, but nobody's interested.

How can I draw more viewers? I don't enjoy directly asking for people to pay attention to my stuff, or directly asking my friends to share my stuff, but apparently that's all I can do at this stage. Is there anything I've missed? Any advice that involves me being proactive would be much appreciated, even if it's as basic as "Make better things.".

Also, I've not linked to my pages on this post, because like I said, I don't like directly asking, but links are on my profile page just in case there's any interest to be had.

Well your problem is that your blog is about random things about your life. I recall watching a video once about making money off the internet that basically said. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR LIFE. Its kind of like when George Carlin would say nobody cares about YOUR kids you want to know why? THEY ARE YOURS NOT THEIRS. Also your blog is updated seemingly at random with no structure at all. You want people to care? Try to stick to a theme and update on a regular basis. Once a week or two weeks and talk about a topic people might find interesting.

Your Youtube channel has almost nothing on it except for some doodle videos for the most part. If you want people to care you have to make content people will actually find interesting and update regularly. a 9 second video of what looks like doodles on a brown napkin isn't going to get you any fans. I know its an animation test but nobody is ever going to look at it unless its already a quality product, sorry.

Kuilui:

Crispee:

Well your problem is that your blog is about random things about your life. I recall watching a video once about making money off the internet that basically said. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR LIFE. Its kind of like when George Carlin would say nobody cares about YOUR kids you want to know why? THEY ARE YOURS NOT THEIRS. Also your blog is updated seemingly at random with no structure at all. You want people to care? Try to stick to a theme and update on a regular basis. Once a week or two weeks and talk about a topic people might find interesting.

Your Youtube channel has almost nothing on it except for some doodle videos for the most part. If you want people to care you have to make content people will actually find interesting and update regularly. a 9 second video of what looks like doodles on a brown napkin isn't going to get you any fans. I know its an animation test but nobody is ever going to look at it unless its already a quality product, sorry.

Good tip. It's true, I've just been uploading things willy nilly, must try to be regular. I thought the actual topic were more consistant but seemingly not.

Also a fair point, I suppose I can't really sell my channel based on future potential alone.

Cheers for the advice, I like when people tell me I'm not doing well, because asking for improvement is actual tangible advice I can get behind, unlike the kind of people who'll tell me that there's nothing I can do about it.

Glad I could help you out :). The people that tell you there's nothing you can do about something are quitters, don't hang around them as much as you can. Those are the people that tell you that so you stay in the same pit of sadness they are in. Good luck with your endeavors, I hope they go well for you.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked