Advice on a new mouse

After 2 faithful years my Logitech G500 is starting to pack up on me. I'm now turning my thoughts to purchasing a new mouse so I thought I would ask the community for a few recommendations. A wireless mouse has crossed my mind (specifically the razer mamba) but as I do enjoy my shooters I'm not sure if this is the right move. I've asked friends and some swear by wired mice for shooters others don't see the difference. I've even thought about just buying a new G500 since I enjoyed it so much. So escapist community are there any other good mice out there you recommend? is there much difference between wired and wireless mice these days?

I usually recommend one of these in all the recommend a mouse threads - adjustable DPI up to an adequate 2000, a couple of extra buttons, no software required, pretty freaking comfortable (best form factor I've encountered, perfectly fits my hand) and cheap as chips. I had one for 8 months before replacing it because I thought it broke, though it turns out I'm a dumbass and got my dongles switched around so I ended up throwing it out with the receiver for my headset (which Logitech was kind enough to replace for free - they're pretty cool guys like that). But yeah so I just bought another one because fuck paying more than twelve bucks. Just hurry up and get one before the R.A.T 7 patrol shows up to tell you that you need at least 10 buttons and 6000 DPI.

edit: apparently the G500 is supposed to have a 3 year warranty...you might be able to get it replaced if you've got a receipt.

An 11 dollar wireless mouse? No just.. no. It will be a very substantial downgrade from what you have.
Decent gaming wireless mice are hard to find in the sub 90 dollar price section so if you don't have a budget like that I'd suggest sticking to wired ones. Apart from logitech it's steelseries all the way. For a wireless one I'd recommend the G700. I friend of mine had the 1st generation mamba and he wasn't impressed.

Thanks for the advice I'll look into it! I should look into the G500 warranty as well. Now I just need to find the receipt.........

Awar you do have a point but I am considering all options as I really don't have much experience with gaming mice, yet I play shooters..... maybe that's why I'm terrible at them XD. Budget isn't much of problem and I did have a look at the G700 looks like the G500 only with wireless and I can pick one up for 70 bucks.

NightHavoc:
Awar you do have a point but I am considering all options as I really don't have much experience with gaming mice, yet I play shooters..... maybe that's why I'm terrible at them XD. Budget isn't much of problem and I did have a look at the G700 looks like the G500 only with wireless and I can pick one up for 70 bucks.

The G500 is actually pretty high end so if you're terrible with one of them there isn't a mouse in the world that'll give you any noticeable improvement. I absolutely love games, shooters included, but I know I'm no major leaguer so of course I'm not going to break the bank on peripherals if I'm not adept enough to utilize what I'm paying extra for. The fact is unless you're topping the scoreboard in pub scrub matches and holding your own against the elite you're not going to notice the difference between a $10 mouse and a $100 mouse. Heck the only reason I bought something this good is because I like the shape and the extra buttons on the side - Before this I was using a $20 wireless mouse and keyboard combo. The mouse was freaking tiny and maxed out at a measly 1000 DPI; The only difference now is my hand doesn't cramp like a bitch after using it for a long time.

But yeah I'd look into the warranty. Logitech is pretty easy to deal with when it comes to those sorts of things.

xXSnowyXx:
-

Snowy have you ever owned a high end precision mouse? I'm saying that because the difference is quite noticeable even if you are not a professional FPS player.

AWAR:
Snowy have you ever owned a high end precision mouse? I'm saying that because the difference is quite noticeable even if you are not a professional FPS player.

I haven't owned one but I've briefly used a R.A.T 7 and it all seems the same to me. The way I see it is if I can't tell the difference between when I start and stop moving the mouse and when the cursor starts and stops on the screen the response time is fast enough. DPI really only comes into play when you want to move fast but still have precision...but I'm not that fast and can't aim precisely with that much sensitivity.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked