Buying A Gaming Keyboard

My current keyboard is dying so I'm on the lookout for something new, I've no real idea on where or how to look for the things I'm specifically looking/hoping for in a new keyboard. If you know of anything that matches some of my criteria, or if you know a place where I can search for keyboards based on similar criteria then please inform me.

I'd prefer it didn't have that extra number pad that is on the right side of the keyboard, though if it does have one that's hardly a deal breaker.
I don't want macro keys. I know some people find them useful but I don't care about them at all. If it has a couple I can ignore them though.
I'd prefer if it were mechanical, though I can live without that.
It should have anti-ghosting.
It should have a backlight because I like pretty lights.
I don't want any USB ports on the thing, I'll never use them, but this isn't a deal breaker.
Must be very easy to clean. This is a big deal.
I'd prefer it to be corded.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Those are some tricky criteria to fill since some of them are probably close to mutually exclusive as something with anti-ghosting and backlights is generally going to have macro keys and probably a numpad. That being said I don't have much to offer as far as recommendations go...my keyboard is a bugger to clean and doesn't even fit most of the other criteria.

xXSnowyXx:
Those are some tricky criteria to fill since some of them are probably close to mutually exclusive as something with anti-ghosting and backlights is generally going to have macro keys and probably a numpad. That being said I don't have much to offer as far as recommendations go...my keyboard is a bugger to clean and doesn't even fit most of the other criteria.

The criteria isn't set in stone. I may not want macro keys, but if having a couple is the only way to get a keyboard I'd otherwise like then I'm not going to complain, same goes for the number pad and inbuilt USB ports.

Baron_BJ:
-

Here are some recommendations:

Corsair K70: Best mechanical I've seen.
Steelseries Apex: It's not mechanical and it has some macros but look at these lights man.
Thermaltake MEKA G1: looks good, that's about it.

You should check this out for more.

AWAR:

Baron_BJ:
-

Here are some recommendations:

Steelseries Apex: It's not mechanical and it has some macros but look at these lights man.
Thermaltake MEKA G1: looks good, that's about it.

You should check this out for more.

I'm really liking the look of that Corsair Kx0 series you've linked.
I've seen those Steel Series Apex's around, but no one actually seems to sell them.
Not really sure what to make of that Thermaltake one though.

Thanks for the advice, more input is still appreciated.

AWAR:

As much as I'm not one to splurge on a keyboard I do have to admit that looks brilliant. The built-out design alone was enough to reel me in...looks really easy to keep the mess out. Though it appears that exact model isn't released yet, however there seems to be comparable ones on the market.

xXSnowyXx:
-

Yup, it is really special.
It's already released though.

OP should take a look at these too.

Went through everything suggested, thanks for all of them, just put in an order for the Corsair, looking forward to getting my hands on it.

AWAR:

xXSnowyXx:
-

Yup, it is really special.
It's already released though.

So it is. The lack of eBay presence and availability notification signup deceived me...regardless Amazon is a dick and doesn't ship to this country for that. Apparently it should be available here on the 14th...might pick one up then. I believe I've come down with a terminal case of do want.

xXSnowyXx:
--

Ahaha.. I should be a salesman :P

Baron_BJ:
My current keyboard is dying so I'm on the lookout for something new, I've no real idea on where or how to look for the things I'm specifically looking/hoping for in a new keyboard. If you know of anything that matches some of my criteria, or if you know a place where I can search for keyboards based on similar criteria then please inform me.

I'd prefer it didn't have that extra number pad that is on the right side of the keyboard, though if it does have one that's hardly a deal breaker.
I don't want macro keys. I know some people find them useful but I don't care about them at all. If it has a couple I can ignore them though.
I'd prefer if it were mechanical, though I can live without that.
It should have anti-ghosting.
It should have a backlight because I like pretty lights.
I don't want any USB ports on the thing, I'll never use them, but this isn't a deal breaker.
Must be very easy to clean. This is a big deal.
I'd prefer it to be corded.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

You want this

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/DK9008_shine2.html

I have this edition

it's a shame there aren't more proper keyboards aimed at games instead of the rubbish typewriter layout with some lights or extra F buttons calling themselves 'gaming' keyboards.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked