Continue with plan
97.5% (39)
97.5% (39)
Help sister
2.5% (1)
2.5% (1)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Which do I do?

So guys, My girlfriend and I have been planning to go camping in August, we have been planning this since last year but my sister says that I cannot go along with this plan due to wanting help looking after the dogs, however I look after the dogs all the time on my own and have no issue. I wanna know what you guys think (because I have made my mind up)shall I continue with our plan or help my sister?

Well based on this short retelling alone:

To hell with your sister. You've had this planned for a year, she can look after the dogs for a little while.

Stick with the camping trip. It isn't at all difficult to look after some dogs for a while.

HerefordEscapistMan:
So guys, My girlfriend and I have been planning to go camping in August, we have been planning this since last year but my sister says that I cannot go along with this plan due to wanting help looking after the dogs, however I look after the dogs all the time on my own and have no issue. I wanna know what you guys think (because I have made my mind up)shall I continue with our plan or help my sister?

Are your dogs werewolves or something? Do they require to be caged behind silver bars when the moon is full or they will rampage the countryside slaughtering all manner of beast and man?

If the answer to that question is "No" then go have fun shagging your girlfriend in the outdoors like you were born to do.

Like people have said, what the hell is your sister on? If she needs help that badly she can ask someone who doesn't have plans that they've been looking forward to since last year.

I'm waiting for the OP to come back and say something like "Oh I forgot to mention, my sister has cerebral palsy" or "She's 6 and we own three rottweilers".

Carry on with your plan, but if your sister's claims are genuine and she really can't look after them by herself, then arrange to put your dogs in a boarding kennel for the duration of your camping trip.

NoeL:
I'm waiting for the OP to come back and say something like "Oh I forgot to mention, my sister has cerebral palsy" or "She's 6 and we own three rottweilers".

Now that is funny but no she hasn't got any type of condition, she is a fully capable person. Also she is 23 and they are 2 Springer Spaniels.

Jamash:
Carry on with your plan, but if your sister's claims are genuine and she really can't look after them by herself, then arrange to put your dogs in a boarding kennel for the duration of your camping trip.

They aren't much trouble at all, they may bark now and then but they are good dogs.

HerefordEscapistMan:
Now that is funny but no she hasn't got any type of condition, she is a fully capable person. Also she is 23 and they are 2 Springer Spaniels.

Yeah she can take care of them on her own.

Enjoy your camping trip

The OP sounds like a suspiciously straightforward "problem". Just go ahead with your trip. Since when is taking care of dogs such a big deal? And she's 23 for crying out loud, I'm sure she can take the responsibility of the family doggies not dying. Please tell me you're going to go ahead and enjoy yourself.

Johnny Novgorod:
The OP sounds like a suspiciously straightforward "problem". Just go ahead with your trip. Since when is taking care of dogs such a big deal? And she's 23 for crying out loud, I'm sure she can take the responsibility of the family doggies not dying. Please tell me you're going to go ahead and enjoy yourself.

Oh don't worry dude, you guys just sealed the deal (but before I created this thread I had already chosen to go, I was just wondering what you guys thought). She wasn't happy when I told her she would be looking after them alone... she called me a wanker, haha.

The dogs cant be that much of a handful. She is just doing what siblings do. lol

Well Here is an update for you guys.

The camping trip has been postponed indefinitely, my Mum hat taken the side of my sister and is pissed off because I told her about it just recently, a terrible mistake on my part and because they are pissed off at me, my girlfriend has decided to postpone it.

So much for the camping trip after all.

Well, just to say this: from the information we have been given, you look like the good guy here. If she can't take care of those dogs, maybe she should get other people to help. You are not her errand boy.

Hmm given that the camping trip has been postponed/cancelled what I would do now is when it comes to the time of 'helping with the dogs' is do absolutely nothing at all to spite her for ruining your plans

Honestly, un-postpone. If your mom's so bothered by it, she can watch the dogs. Why, exactly, is it your job to cancel your plans so you can watch your sister's dogs? Your mom will get over it.

Whose dogs are they? Who is actually responsible for them?

I really don't think we're getting an accurate picture of what's happening here.

HerefordEscapistMan:

What, seriously? Your sister can't handle a couple dogs for a few days? What, are you guys working in some kind of biotech lab breeding mega war dogs?

Go to the woods. Get some. You've had this planned for a year.

Your mother and adult sister can't handle two dogs between them for a couple of days? That's crazy. Either something is going on under the radar here (like they're looking for reasons to stop you going) or that's some Grade-A passive aggressive pettiness going on.

If I was you, I'd just bloody well go camping. Leave them a note and turn your phone off for a couple of days.

I can understand how you'd feel the need to help your sister out, but as has been pointed out plenty before here, you've been planning this for a long time, surely she can understand that and ask someone else to help out.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked