I have so many hobbies and I want to do all of them!

I'm having a huge problem. I have so many hobbies and I love all of them, but I'm having trouble doing all of them every day.

The problem is probably that I have no idea how to manage my time. I never have.

Has anyone else ever had this problem or found a way to fix it?

Like, just to give a quick idea of how many hobbies I need to manage I'll give a list.

1. video gaming with friends (pretty important. I like to socialize with my friends)
2. video game development/modding
3. drawing (this one is pretty important me, but I'm so bad at managing my time I rarely get a chance)
4. reading manga and watching anime
5. making websites
6. robotics
7. modifying clothing (well, I've never gotten a chance to do this, but I have all of the supplies necessary and an idea).

it may not seem like a very long list, but it feels like it is to me. The days always slip away so quickly that I can only seem to do 2-3 of these a day.

I want to take action to learn how to manage my time in a way that allows me to be satisfied with my day and get as many things done as I can. Can anyone recommend a way for me to achieve this?

I notice you have seven hobbies.

I notice there are seven days in the week.

Serendipitous, no?

Get bit by a vampire so you can live forever and have plenty of time to do them.

A few downsides, bloodlust and such, being lumped in with the Twilight crowd, and potential difficulty doing things outside during the day, but you like lots of videogames and indoor activities so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hunting for prey might also become a new hobby, so you'd have to allocate some time for that.

Fat humans will go right to your waistline; Move out of america.

Time management skills. Are you still in school? Do you work? About how much time a day do you devote to your hobbies? If you had to rank them in order of importance, what would that be? How long do each of these activities usually take?

Jux:
Time management skills. Are you still in school? Do you work? About how much time a day do you devote to your hobbies? If you had to rank them in order of importance, what would that be? How long do each of these activities usually take?

I have 2 semesters left in college.

Currently I do not work.

I devote hours at a time to these.

In order of importance:

1. video gaming with friends.
2. Drawing.
3. video game dev
4. website development
5. robotics
6. modifying clothing
7. reading manga/watching anime

As for your question about how long they all take:

1. video gaming with friends. (hours)
2. Drawing. (hours required to make high quality pictures. I'm a bit of a slower artist.)
3. video game dev (not that much time.)
4. website development (hours)
5. robotics (I'd imagine a long time)
6. modifying clothing (probably not too long. Likely around 2-3 hours for my current project)
7. reading manga/watching anime (can take any amount of time)

Well, gaming with friends is also dependant on whether they are available, so you'll need to coordinate some with them. As for the others, are there any where you need to finish a task when you start it? Like, manga versus drawing. I imagine once you sit down to draw, it can be hard to stop and pick up again if you don't complete it to a certain degree, where as you can read a manga and stop mid chapter without much fuss.

Best thing you can do is probably divide your days so that you're doing a few hobbies every day, and not trying to cram it all in at the same time. I don't know how many different manga you read, but they're only updated once a week right? Devote a couple of hours of one day to reading all your updates.

Robotics is probably going to be dependant on finance as well, at least to a degree, so I can't see that taking up much time on a consistent basis.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked