Quality PS3 gaming headset for $120 or under? + Current headset problem desciption.

Greetings. I'm in the market for a gaming headset and could use some advice and/or suggestions.

I'm currently using a pair of Tritton AX Pros I've had for a year now (Technically 2 as these are replacements. I had Madcatz replace them after the bass in the first pair stopped working a year after I bought them.) Now, my input voicechat isn't working properly. The mic is firmly plugged into the headset, but my voice doesn't register for my friends. In accessory settings, my voice sounds much lower than it should, almost muted. I've found 3 fixes for ut, but they're all extremely temporary. I can re-plug the mic, I can switch the input to manual and back to CMEDIA Device and I can flip the mic mute switch to off and back to on. Unfortunately, I can only speak for a minute max before the input goes out again. I even tried different mics as I have 3 of them (Shitty little plastic locking part broke off on two), but get the same muted input as before.

I'm an avid FPS player so sound quality is important. I need it to be at least close to what my Trittons give me.

I'm thinking about getting the Sony Wireles PULSE Elite headset off of Newegg. Unfortunately, I don't know how it stacks up against my Trittons. If you have them, I would appreciate you listing their pros and cons. If you've had both, I'd love a comparison.

I'm also open to suggestions for other headsets with the exception of Turtle Beach.

Xyphon:
snip

I'm surprised nobody responded to this. I have a Turtle Beach headset myself, the PX5. I'm not sure what you have against them, but you must have your reasons. I was looking at the Sony Pulse Elite and that looks pretty freaking cool. Just the fact that you can charge them while using them is...well, that makes it already better than the Turtle Beach Earforce PX5. When my current headset dies, I'll be getting the Sony.

What did you end up getting?

FizzyIzze:

Xyphon:
snip

I'm surprised nobody responded to this. I have a Turtle Beach headset myself, the PX5. I'm not sure what you have against them, but you must have your reasons. I was looking at the Sony Pulse Elite and that looks pretty freaking cool. Just the fact that you can charge them while using them is...well, that makes it already better than the Turtle Beach Earforce PX5. When my current headset dies, I'll be getting the Sony.

What did you end up getting?

I'll be getting the Pulse Elite's as soon as I can scrounge up the final $20 + shipping cost.
I wouldn't say I have something against TB, I've just had a really bad experience with both my PX21 and customer service. The sound in the left earcup went out 3 months after I bought it. 3 customer service reps literally, word for word, told me to go fuck myself.
After I got my Trittons, my TB's COMPLETELY stopped working. I opened up the inline volume control and found a glaring design flaw. The power wire had a big plastic block that stopped the wires from twisting off of the circuit board. The wire from the inline to the headset didn't and some wires had snapped away, causing the malfunction.
Because of that collective experience, I want nothing to do with TB. :/

120 dollars...woa. I've never spent more than 30 on a headset. PC or PS3.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked