Transporting desktop gaming PC to college dorm

Tomorrow is my college move-in day. I'm bringing my desktop with me to my dorm. Anything I should do to safely transport it there? I'm thinking of just putting my case (with all components in it) back into the box it came in, between the foam placeholders and with the plastic bag covering it. Same deal for my monitor.

Anyone done this before? Anything else I need to do?

shapaza:
Tomorrow is my college move-in day. I'm bringing my desktop with me to my dorm. Anything I should do to safely transport it there? I'm thinking of just putting my case (with all components in it) back into the box it came in, between the foam placeholders and with the plastic bag covering it. Same deal for my monitor.

That sounds good.
If you've got a large graphics card (or have more than one), or have a large CPU cooler, it might be an idea to place the box flat on it's side so that the motherboard side is 'underneath' so to speak. It'll reduce the chance of the motherboard getting flexed by the components if there's any jostling or bumping.

shapaza:

Yeah, don't do it and leave it at home.

Lay them flat and they'll be fine - that's exactly how I transported mine. Just make sure that your drives are securely screwed in!

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked