Laptop problems: Constant program hang and freezing

This started happening around three days ago. I tried to launch War Thunder, but the program didn't start. Okay, I thought, I'll just try again. Same problem. So I open task manager to see if the game shows up in the processes tab. Now, my computer freezes. I try to open my start menu. It freezes also. I try to turn off my computer. When it isn't indefinitely hanging on the Logging Off screen, I have to hit the killswitch just to turn my system off.

Now, the freezing has affected other programs. I try to run Malwarebytes to see if it is a virus, program doesn't open, lots of freezing and hanging, need to hit the killswitch.

Start the PC in safemode. Do a virus scan successfully and discover no malware. Start the PC with a clean boot, still get freezing when launching programs. Still need to hit the power button just to turn off.

At this point, I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem or what. I've updated all my drivers, ran a check disk, started in safe mode, and tried a system restore, and nothing has worked. Hell, the system restore didn't even complete because an error hit during the process and cancelled it.

Try disabling any Antivirus before running system restore. If that doesn't work, I suspect you have a registry problem. If you have a win7 dvd, boot from that and run the startup repair tool in the system recovery options.

Hard to say what the issue is without a bit of testing. I suggest booting both the SeaTools and memtest live disks to test for any hardware faults. If those don't pick up anything and system restore isn't completing then you might want to try a reinstall.

Soviet Heavy:

At this point, I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem or what. I've updated all my drivers, ran a check disk, started in safe mode, and tried a system restore, and nothing has worked. Hell, the system restore didn't even complete because an error hit during the process and cancelled it.

Laptop? Where do you use it? Sounds like either something is eating CPU or like your laptop is overheating.

ForumSafari:

Soviet Heavy:

Laptop? Where do you use it? Sounds like either something is eating CPU or like your laptop is overheating.

I have a temperature monitor on my PC, it wasn't overheating, and my CPU usage stayed below 10-15%. And to everyone else, I solved the problem. Turns out that it was a registry error. Did a clean sweep and it works again.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked