Game suggestions for my mom

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum, but here goes:

My mother has shown some interest in videogames lately, so I offered to help her find some games she could both enjoy and not get confused by.

In the past she used to play the old super mario games, tetris and pacman, but that's about it. She is also interested in puzzle/point and click games.

Gory, violent and scary stuff is probably out of the question.

Oh dude, Sims all the way. Not Sim City of course, but The Sims. It's a stereotype, but every time I hear about a woman who plays video games (non-core/non-hardcore) she LOVES The Sims for some reason.

The Last express is good point and click adventure game, You could also try the any of the broken sword games. There are a lot of old school point and clickers available on GOG. The graphics on them are pretty dated though, when I have fired some of them up its been a case of MY EYES MY EYES. I don't know how I played some of them when they were new.

My mum is all about Okami, it's mad pretty but it depends on how well your mum adjusts to console controllers. She also likes to get involved with our more retro games like mario cart or Pokemon stadium. Sure she's terrible at the strategy but she still finds it fun. Try and look for something you can both play together. Bonding!

If she's anything like my Mom she likes games they offer for the IPad (she got an IPad to E-prescribe as she's a doctor). I tend to see her playing fake poker and gambling games. I believe she still plays Farmville, yep she's stereotypical, and Mafia Wars on Facebook.

I also had her play The Simpsons: Road Rage, a racing game, once. She really enjoyed it. She gets angry a lot and very easily to boot so I suppose, since she was bad at it, crashing the car into something every five seconds at fast speeds was a good stress reliever. She liked seeing it play out in the quirky Simpsons environment. I guess it was funny to her too. She also enjoyed bowling via Wii Sports; she is a very good bowler and won a real-life trophy or something once, I think it was a couple decades ago.

Just going off what you said, there are far too many games I could list and I've already done that today far too much in the forums. Just go through a bunch of puzzle and point-and-click games with her and see what works.

Thanks for all the advice. She does have an ipad. I'll have a look and see if I find anything there.
She might enjoy some retro point and click games, so GoG seems like a good bet.

You could try Portal, or the second, i'm pretty sure valve said it was a mum/mom game themselves.

Dyqstard:
i'm pretty sure valve said it was a mum/mom game themselves.

All of my "whats?" to this statement right here. When did Valve say that? I recall no such thing.

jamail77:

Dyqstard:
i'm pretty sure valve said it was a mum/mom game themselves.

All of my "whats?" to this statement right here. When did Valve say that? I recall no such thing.

Or it may have been a sale on Xbox that had a headline saying 'Something for mothers day' or some shit and that's what I thought of.

My mom's not a gamer at all, but I got her hooked on Peggle and Plants Vs. Zombies. Both are intuitive and addicting games.

If she loves puzzles try Professor Layton, everyone loves Professor Layton. There's also Ghost Trick and Pheonix Wright for adventure games.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked