What should my next graphics card be?

I don't plan to switch it out the instant I get an answer, I'm just a pc newbie who would like to know what I'm doing so when I *do* decide to upgrade, I'll know what I'm going for.

Anyway.

I'm running a Geforce GT 610 card, and what I'm looking for is bsaically whatever gives the the next step up for the lowest price possible. I've done a little searching, I've been told to go with the Geforce 9600GT, so can I get confirmation on that or a better alternative for around that price range ($40-$60)?

Thanks for any advice you got.

Extra-Ordinary:
-snip

The 9600gt was released 5 years ago. It is outdated and probably discontinued. At that price range AMD makes the better cards, so I suggest you grab an HD6670. It will be an improvement but don't expect running everything on high settings.

Oh jeez, I really need to look at time stamps on those forums.

Anyway.

Thanks. For clarity, is this what you're talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Radeon-HD6670-PCI-Express-HD667XZHF3/dp/B004Z5GRW6/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1381812766&sr=8-2&keywords=AMD+hd6670

Extra-Ordinary:
-snip

Yeah, that will do.

AWAR:

Yeah, that will do.

At the very least, on their lowest settings, will I be able to run horror games proper?
I know that's kind of a specific question but I've discovered that horror games are quite hard to run (which is the main reason I even made this little thread, Outlast isn't looking so hot).
Do you think I'll at least be able to run that above 20 fps?

Extra-Ordinary:
snip

Well, you should get decent FPS at low to medium settings. The 610 you had was useless for 3D gaming really so compared to that it will perform much better.

AWAR:

Well, you should get decent FPS at low to medium settings. The 610 you had was useless for 3D gaming really so compared to that it will perform much better.

Alright, just double-checking, thanks, buddy.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked