Cute Checkout Girl, Help!

So the title is pretty self explanatory. There's a really cute checkout girl in the store across the way from me. Every time I've seen her in there she's always chatted to me and generally been pleased to see me (though I know part of that is her job).

Here's where it gets a little tricky - She is a friend of someone else I know (in the store) and over a year ago I spoke to her briefly on facebook (literally two messages and then she never spoke to me again)

However as I said previously she's always really nice, really smiley and occasionally (if she's not busy) flirty towards me. Seeing as how this is a year on from that mild creeper incident...

What's my next step?

Do I try and message her again on facebook?
Do I just talk to her whenever I next see her and ask for her facebook?
Or [Enter your suggestion here]

I don't want to make it too awkward however as this is somewhere where I shop quite regularly so I'd also need to be able to face her (and all the staff) again if it doesn't go well.

Just try to in person ask her out to see a movie or something the next time you see her, see where it goes. If she isn't interested, well, too bad. If she is, well then great.

The worst probable scenario would be that she says no, and no harm really done unless you absolutely can't take a rejection.

Riku'sTwilight:
So the title is pretty self explanatory. There's a really cute checkout girl in the store across the way from me. Every time I've seen her in there she's always chatted to me and generally been pleased to see me (though I know part of that is her job).

Here's where it gets a little tricky - She is a friend of someone else I know (in the store) and over a year ago I spoke to her briefly on facebook (literally two messages and then she never spoke to me again)

However as I said previously she's always really nice, really smiley and occasionally (if she's not busy) flirty towards me. Seeing as how this is a year on from that mild creeper incident...

What's my next step?

Do I try and message her again on facebook?
Do I just talk to her whenever I next see her and ask for her facebook?
Or [Enter your suggestion here]

I don't want to make it too awkward however as this is somewhere where I shop quite regularly so I'd also need to be able to face her (and all the staff) again if it doesn't go well.

I'd be careful about asking her out while she's at work.

That's putting a lot of extra pressure on her if she's just trying to be polite and friendly toward you.

Leave out any facebook or twitter stuff. It shouldn't validate any feelings you may have toward each other.

Find out when her shift ends and when you are last in line you can ask her out for some coffee some day.

I tried this once, she didn't quite get it till the fourth time I formulated it differently and sia dher boyfriend wouldn't be so happy about that ;_;

As a famous rapper once said...

"Walk up to the store like wassup, I got a big cock"

Works 67% of the time :P

OT: In person near a shift ending would be a good time to ask

CONFIDENCE!! Or fake confidence, that works too

PsychicTaco115:
As a famous rapper once said...

"Walk up to the store like wassup, I got a big cock"

Works 67% of the time :P

First, though, you need the unique brand of confidence that comes from wearing an outfit purchased from a second-hand clothing store.

OT: Facebook stuff = bad. Trust me, it's just as difficult to ask for her Facebook as it is to ask her out right there, and you're far more likely to get a fake "yes" (ie. say yes then ignore your requests/messages/whatevs).

Seriously, just ask if she wants to go for coffee next time you see her. I wouldn't worry about things being awkward if she says no, they'll honestly only be as awkward as you make them. If she says no (hypothetically, cuz she won't), don't act all uncomfortable when you go back next. Just act like the whole thing never happened.

I'll probably do a mixture of advice;

Go in late when her shift is ending and ask her out for a drink. It's probably going to be at least a week as I don't know when she's working next apart from next Tuesday so that'll give it time to calm it down and not make me look desperate

Captcha: roll again. Oddly fitting

If you're worried about her getting in trouble at work, just go in and after your usual chat slip her a business card or a note politely requesting a coffee date or something.

Just be prepared for potential rejection. I tried this once and was definitely not prepared.

I notice people saying 'ask her out'. I say, go a tad slower. DON'T ask her straight out. Women often don't like that. I've done it loads of times before. It often ends in disaster. Women don't like men being so upfront. Usually.

When women are interested in guys, I find, they pay attention to the little things you do and say. So, give her some little 'hints' for her to think about first.

Strike slightly deeper conversations. You know, things like 'how's things going? How are things? Looking busy as usual.' You know, anything to strike conversation.

Try and get the odd bit of information out of her. Find out what she does when she isn't working. If she asks you something like 'how is your day?', make some bullshit up-- "Eh, work/ college is a drag. I hate waking up in the mornings." You know, that stupid small talk. Then you reverse it and ask the same kinds of things about her.

Do you know her name? Call her by her name. Like 'Thanks again, Jane'. If you call her by her name, unless she seems awkward about it, she appreciates and knows you don't see her as 'another counter lady'.

Body language counts for a lot. When you walk out the store, turn your head around to give her one last glance. If you're lucky, she'll be looking back at you. If so, give her a smile and a nod.

Actively LOOK happier when she starts to serve you at the counter. She will notice that she's making a guy happier just by him looking at her.

Your voice is also important. Sound upbeat when you speak to her. Sound interested in her.

As a woman, she will add up what all these hints mean (i.e. you like her). THEN, you go in for the kill. In fact, because she knows you're interested, she will be prepared for the time you ask her out. She might even be expecting it.

How you ask her out.... in a conversation, find something to give a reason to meet up.

So Jane (Jane is an example), what are you doing this weekend?
Oh, nothing.
Me neither *slight pause, then, casually* say, do you wanna go for a coffee or something this weekend?

Or, if you know what kind of things she likes, invite her to something you know she'll like.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked