Malware issue?

This is copy pasta from the tech help section, since i dont think anyone saw it.

"I have a more software based question though, i was getting software from "dubious" places, and was wary, so i ran malwarebytes after it, and i was infected with like 160 "stuff", im not sure what the proper term is, malwares?

I got a DLL error, that i stupidly didnt write down also when i started up my computer, saying it couldnt find a certain file in my Appdata/Temp folder

I removed them, restarted, and ran it once more. It had only one malware this time. So i removed that, but the same message appeared.

So i googled how to get rid of DLL errors, and i came up with a site that stated start up DLL issues can be caused by start up programs, and that i can get rid of them by managing start up programs using "msconfig".

ConduitFloatingPlugin_pcajpdcjfekhfnapaiphaecoajeollnc

It seemed very skechty, so i disabled it from starting up, and now i dont get the error, but how do i remove the acutal program?

EDIT: Actually i checked back on my installed programs just out of curiosty, and i saw a program i have never seen before, called sendori, googling it lead me to believe it is malyware, i am in the process of removing it, and just wanted to add that info in because i thought it would be relevant."

The "ConduitFloatingPlugin_pcajpdcjfekhfnapaiphaecoajeollnc" is still on my list of start up programs. So im wondering how i should get rid of it. safely? And sorry for the pseudo-double post.

I believe it may have already been removed which is why you got the missing .dll error on boot before you disabled the startup item. See what the startup item is pointing to and check that location for the file. If it's not there just delete the startup item and move on.

xXSnowyXx:
I believe it may have already been removed which is why you got the missing .dll error on boot before you disabled the startup item. See what the startup item is pointing to and check that location for the file. If it's not there just delete the startup item and move on.

How exactly would i see what its "pointing to" ? Its address from msconfig? And how would i delete the start up item safely?

It should list the file directory in msconfig, yes. Navigate there and check for the file...Malwarebytes probably already got rid of it. If you want to permanently delete it from startup you can either edit the registry or use a third-party tool like CCleaner. That being said there isn't any real functional difference between deleting it and just disabling it.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked