Iphone Other data

so have noticed that my other data has grown and grown and last i checked it is at 14gb on my phone.

Everywhere i look it says a restore to factory settign fixes it but i cant see whats involved with that. will i need to enter my phone providors details?

seems like a lot of hassel to re install and set up all my apps.

Anyone know a better solution? or got hints or tips on how to restore it so i dont end up with a paper weight

Merkavar:
snip

Did you try to backup/restore your phone yet? A friend of mine backed up his iPhone 4 for his new 5S. He said that everything remained intact (texts, photos) except a few game saves were lost, as well as non-iTunes music.

He ran into the same problems that you're having (frankly, a lot of people are) with his phone data available space magically disappearing. He gave his old iPhone 4 to me after reformatting, and I haven't run into the same problem at all. The difference is that I don't text a whole lot and I don't take a lot of photos. Or, if I do take photos, I immediately connect to my PC and rip them from the phone. I use the majority of my data for MP3s/podcasts, not pics.

yeah back up/restore worked. i was thinking that a restore would end up restoring the "other" data but it didnt. phone is back to actually having space and still ahs all my apps and contacts.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked