Questions About Copyright Rules and Permissions

I need some help with articles for my website.

I am going to be making some Archive for my website. A list of things to do with a subject. Sometimes roleplayed.
But I've hit a potential snag with the first one.

I am writing a RoboCop Archive.
And, unlike the previous ones I did, it's a film and tv series.

Previous ones were a Drakengard/NIER archive. Which is a game series. And was done for a group.
It included no streamed videos, beyond some stuff on youtube. That was legal to legalish.

Now, RoboCop, it would'nt be right if I did'nt put free options to view the many diferent things of it.
Since, in no way would I reccomend that people rent any of them, since renting is pointless and a waste of time and money.
And some are not good. Watchable, yes. But not good.
In no way could I suggest people buy or rent the 3rd film.
There's loads of stuff, you'd not be able to rent or buy some of it. Not to mention renting or buying it all would be expensive. And it'd be grindingly stupid to do that.
It's older some of this.
This stuffs sometimes hard to get hold of via amazon, never mind streaming.

But the new 2014 Robocop, is not included and is only legal sources.
The new one does not need any measures to find, other than legal ones.

So, for myself to watch and for the article, I compiled a long list of free streamings of all I could find.

But, I realised that some of them are not strictly legal, potentially.
Some are youtube. Some are not.

Will I get in trouble for promoting illigal streamings?
As far as I know, youtubes barely legal, or not legal, but many do it with no trouble.
Others, While some seem less legal, they probabely are equally legal, or not.

Now, it's diferent to watch stuff yourself. And saying others do it.

I have put a very emphatic warning that they should'nt download it. And if they do and get in trouble it's their fault.

My question is

Will I get in trouble for putting the streaming links in my Archive?

Will I be potentially getting the streamers in trouble?

Also, I am including fanfiction and other articles. Like Cinemasins and Screen Junkies.
Do I have to ask every single owner before I put them?

I will make it very clear that I own none of the links.

Does anyone know the answers to my questions? Anything else I should do?

Youtube hosts content posted by a third party and takes down videos in response to copyright holders request. You are in control of your sites content and you are deciding to post links to pirated content. This is a very different scenario and you will be in trouble if you are caught.

As rule of thumb, it someone is making their living out of it you have to ask. Cinemasins and Screen Junkies, you are going to have ask permission and fanfiction you are going to have to look at on case by case basis.

Thank you very much.

I'll contact each person who makes money from it.
I'll just describe each film or series only then.
Describe the fanfiction only also, maybe.

If I say how easy or hard it is to find the films, tv, without saying were or showing links, will I get in trouble?
Or is that illigal too.

Meriatressia:
Thank you very much.

If I say how easy or hard it is to find the films, tv, without saying were or showing links, will I get in trouble?
Or is that illigal too.

A blanket statement that these things *can* be found is not illegal, as it is a simple, neutral statement of fact.

However, instructions on how to obtain it or encouragement to seek such avenues is knowingly promoting criminal behavior...which *can* be fought...assuming you want that fight in the first place.

senordesol:

Meriatressia:
Thank you very much.

Or is that illigal too.

A blanket statement that these things *can* be found is not illegal, as it is a simple, neutral statement of fact.

However, instructions on how to obtain it or encouragement to seek such avenues is knowingly promoting criminal behavior...which *can* be fought...assuming you want that fight in the first place.

Thank you very much. :)
I don't want any trouble.
I'll just describe each film or series then. If they want to find it, they will on their own.
I suspected it was illigal when I wrote it, but not harm done asking.

A part saying they are available on legal channels, like amazon is ok, right?
That sounds legal to me, but if it is'nt in some way, please say.

I would'nt post to percific sellers, just say they're avialable on amazon, ebay, etc.
That way I'm not promoting any seller, just showing the sites to find them.

Meriatressia:

senordesol:

Meriatressia:
Thank you very much.

Or is that illigal too.

I'll just describe each film or series then. If they want to find it, they will on their own.

I would'nt post to percific sellers, just say they're avialable on amazon, ebay, etc.

Yeah, Amazon and Ebay and such are reputable outlets. So long as you aren't knowingly promoting illegal methods of downloads, you're golden.

senordesol:

Meriatressia:

senordesol:

Yeah, Amazon and Ebay and such are reputable outlets. So long as you aren't knowingly promoting illegal methods of downloads, you're golden.

Thank you. :) I'll do that then.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked