Do you think it's worth selling this older PC?

I'm not trying to sell it on here (necessarily), but I just want to know if it'd be worth the effort and how much I could ask for it.

I've sold newer laptops and computers before, like, maybe a whole year after owning them and could usually get pretty close to what I paid for them.

But this PC is different.

First of all, it's been pretty heavily used.

The motherboard, case, and CPU were all bought I want to say...2012?

The GPU was probably purchased a year later. The RAM was replaced in 2015, but it was still OEM RAM.

The specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 960T Black Edition
GPU: GTX 670 (was suffering from overheating issues, but has since been completely cleaned out, and had new thermal paste applied and runs cooler than my new 980ti)
RAM: Can't remember the brand, but I'm fairly certain it was 8GB of OEM RAM at 1333Mhz

I'd also sell the 24 inch 1080p Acer monitor with it.

I've tested everything quite thoroughly (benchmarks, stress tests, games) and it runs quite well. Perhaps the old hard drive is a bit slow atm since it still has all the data and use from the pervious owner, but I could do a fresh reinstallation easily. Overwatch runs at low/medium settings at a pretty steady 70-80FPS, and that's currently what the PC is being used for: A machine for my girlfriend to play Overwatch on while she's over.

I'm just not sure if I should, where, and how much I could sell it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here