Is it just me or doesn't my avatar show up?

Hello, dear Excapist friends,

I've tried to change my avatar the other day but unfortunately I could only see the "no image found" icon both on the upper right of the forum and in my actual posts. Then I tried to change it back to my old one and that was still all that I could see. It does, however, show up when I'm browsing the forum on my phone. So... does it show up for you? And if it doesn't, can anyone tell me what I can do so that it does?

Thank you!

When everyone lost their avatars for a while a year back, I tried changing mine and there does seem to be a long wait before it updates on the forums - I think I had to wait about a day.

PsychedelicDiamond:

I've tried to change my avatar the other day but unfortunately I could only see the "no image found" icon both on the upper right of the forum and in my actual posts. Then I tried to change it back to my old one and that was still all that I could see. It does, however, show up when I'm browsing the forum on my phone. So... does it show up for you? And if it doesn't, can anyone tell me what I can do so that it does?

Thank you!

Your avatar currently looks like David Lynch in black and white (according to Google Image Search at least). If it is supposed to do something, it is not doing anything.

If it is supposed to do something, one big help is that the size of the avatars is 115x115. If your avatar is lower or higher than that, the site "adjusts" the image to fit, which kills your animation.

tippy2k2:

PsychedelicDiamond:

Thank you!

Your avatar currently looks like David Lynch in black and white (according to Google Image Search at least). If it is supposed to do something, it is not doing anything.

If it is supposed to do something, one big help is that the size of the avatars is 115x115. If your avatar is lower or higher than that, the site "adjusts" the image to fit, which kills your animation.

No, no, that's what it is. Strangely it doesn't show for me but if it does show up for others Users that's fine. Maybe I should try deleting my cookies or something.

PsychedelicDiamond:

tippy2k2:

PsychedelicDiamond:

Thank you!

No, no, that's what it is. Strangely it doesn't show for me but if it does show up for others Users that's fine. Maybe I should try deleting my cookies or something.

I've been told clearing your cache helps.

I can see it.

Also I went through the same thing, tried changing it ... nothing seems to happen. Tried again. Nothing. Then Igave up and after 3 months I started seeing mine again.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here