Thor: Love and Thunder. Thor 5 could be happening but Taika Taika Waititi won't be involved.

Thor 5 Won’t Involve Taika Waititi

Marvel could be working on a new Thor movie but Taika Waititi, who directed the last two movies, won’t be part of it.

Recommended Videos

Taika Waititi directed Thor: Ragnarok and directed and co-wrote Thor: Love and Thunder and it’s rumoured there’s a fifth Thor movie in the works. Let’s face it, even though the last one wasn’t as profitable as Disney/Marvel might have hoped, Thor 5 is probably happening.

But Waititi told Business Insider that while he couldn’t deny or confirm Thor 5, he’s absolutely not involved in it. I’m on the fence as to whether that’s a good thing or not. I loved Thor: Ragnarok, even though, shockingly, there was no sign of a What We Do in the Shadows crossover.

But Thor: Love and Thunder? Natalie Portman was great as The Mighty Thor but, her performance aside, the only other memorable thing is some weird and bad CGI.

As long as Thor 5 doesn’t attempt to make Thor more serious, I’m not panicking that Waititi isn’t a possible sequel. Honestly, I just want Loki and Thor back together, which probably won’t happen till Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, in 2026.

Disney could still get Waititi involved at some point and he seems open to it, remarking that “I love Marvel, I love working with them.” But he’s got a lot on his plate and he’s also working on his own Star Wars movie.

As for Thor’s brother, you can now watch the whole of Marvel’s Loki season 2 on Disney Plus or if you want to skip all that, here’s how it ended.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article 90 Day Fiance: Are Gino and Jasmine Still Together? Answered
Read Article X-Men ’97: How Is Vulcan Connected to Cyclops?
Combined stills of Cyclops and Vulcan in X-Men '97 Season 1
Read Article Taylor Swift Fans Think Her New Album Confirms Her Role in Deadpool & Wolverine
Dazzler using her powers in Marvel Comics.
Related Content
Read Article 90 Day Fiance: Are Gino and Jasmine Still Together? Answered
Read Article X-Men ’97: How Is Vulcan Connected to Cyclops?
Combined stills of Cyclops and Vulcan in X-Men '97 Season 1
Read Article Taylor Swift Fans Think Her New Album Confirms Her Role in Deadpool & Wolverine
Dazzler using her powers in Marvel Comics.
Author
Chris McMullen
Chris McMullen is a freelance contributor at The Escapist and has been with the site since 2020. He returned to writing about games following several career changes, with his most recent stint lasting five-plus years. He hopes that, through his writing work, he settles the karmic debt he incurred by persuading his parents to buy a Mega CD. Outside of The Escapist, Chris covers news and more for GameSpew. He's also been published at such sites as VG247, Space, and more. His tastes run to horror, the post-apocalyptic, and beyond, though he'll tackle most things that aren't exclusively sports-based. At Escapist, he's covered such games as Infinite Craft, Lies of P, Starfield, and numerous other major titles.