How to Heal Kelvin in Sons of the Forest

Here is how to heal Kelvin in Sons of the Forest, so that he does not die after getting attacked (unless maybe you hit a bug).

Sons of the Forest’s Kelvin will happily build things for you, gather sticks and logs, and so on. In short, he’s great to have around. But if you’re not careful, he can get hurt. So, if you’re fond of this friendly NPC, you might be wondering how to heal Kelvin in Sons of the Forest. Here’s the full answer.

Recommended Videos

You Can Heal Kelvin in Sons of the Forest by Holding Down a Button

No matter how Kelvin has been injured, when he’s taken enough damage he’ll be downed, meaning he’s in need of healing. But, hey, accidents happen, and it definitely wasn’t us hitting him with an axe just to see what would happen.

To heal him, you just need to move over to him and hold down the action button — E on the keyboard — and keep it held down. You should see a prompt, confirming the button to press, along with a medical cross symbol.

Hold down the button long enough and he’ll heal and get up. And if things go according to plan, that’s all there is to it. If he takes more damage before he’s healed, he’s at risk of dying — and once that happens there’s no bringing him back, short of reloading a saved game.

However, a few people have reported the heal function not working, which may well be a bug. The game is in Steam Early Access, so bugs may crop up. Hopefully, developer Endnight will patch any such issues.

But unless you hit such a bug, you can heal Kelvin in Sons of the Forest by holding down the action button until he gets up.

Related: How to Change Virginia’s Clothes in Sons of the Forest on Gamepur

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article All WWE 2K24 My Faction Locker Codes (March 2024)
A cover image of WWE 2K24.
Read Article Maple Rush Codes (March 2024)
Promo image for Maple Rush.
Read Article Monopoly GO Free Dice Rolls Links (March 2024)
Monopoly Go. But is it down?
Related Content
Read Article All WWE 2K24 My Faction Locker Codes (March 2024)
A cover image of WWE 2K24.
Read Article Maple Rush Codes (March 2024)
Promo image for Maple Rush.
Read Article Monopoly GO Free Dice Rolls Links (March 2024)
Monopoly Go. But is it down?
Author
Chris McMullen
Freelance contributor at The Escapist. I've returned to writing about games after a couple of career changes, with my recent stint lasting five-plus years. I hope, through my writing work, to settle the karmic debt I incurred by persuading my parents to buy a Mega CD. Aside from writing for The Escapist, I also cover news and more for GameSpew. I've also been published at other sites including VG247, Space, and more. My tastes run to horror, the post-apocalyptic, and beyond, though I'll tackle most things that aren't exclusively sports-based.