The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 . . . 807 NEXT

Time: Midday

Kyre | Mark | Mimic

---

Mimic Kyre | Tajuh

The Anti-Mage leapt from Tajuh's shoulder and landed heavily on a tree branch, sticking well to the hard twisted bark.She launched herself at Tajuh, steel blades glinting in the sun as dark purple leaves filled the air around her. It was a whirlwind that never hit, because Fake!Kyre had landed over Tajuh's head and was coming down again, swords in an x-cut guillotine.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Time: Timeless

Devon | Fire Imps | Lucifer:

Devon stood by another of the imps as the woman came near. "This has been one heck of a day, en, little man? Now the heck are you trying to do here?" He continued to play the song, trying to comfort the fire imp as the two stood before the goddess of fate.

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Midday | January 1st

Kyre | Mark | Tajuh: Drop Group #2

The doppelganger silently chanted and then proceeded to dart between the two, twisting the Author's arm into a painful lock before making a move to grab one of the pistols while keeping Mark between it and Kyre.

Tajuh cursed under his breath as he rolled underneath the attack, chanting for a moment to speed up time and allow a moment to collect his thoughts. Something's up, either an illusion or the forest working to pick us off. If that Mark's competent, it's the second. He them eyed up her stance, making sure to note any changes from the two.

David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis: Drop Group #3

Slindis nodded, glad that her armor was for the most part intact. "Slindis. We've all met before. Any injuries that you two have?" The paladin was looking the two over, making sure they didn't have any seroius injuries.

Cadolbolg | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Rugal | Ton Ton: Drop Group #4

Melethia smiled. "Whatcha waiting for? Let's get movin'!" The young elf began moving through the forest.

Kyre | Mark

Kyre let her hands touch the hilt of her swords, and then smiled. The soft wind blowing through the trees had summoned a storm of emerald leaves, circling and drifting in the shimmering sunlight. And when they faded away, Kyre's right sheath was empty, and the short blade was sticking out of Mark's side, struck all the way through and into Fake!Tajuh.

By the next gust of wind, and the shower of green leaves, the Anti Mage was gone. And then Fake!tajuh felt a crushing blow around his neck, Kyre was laughing childishly, her legs around Tajuh's neck as she pulled backward with her back, she unsheathed Fang, the longsword, and got read to plunge it vertically into Fake!Tajuh.

---

Fake!Kyre

The fake Anti-Mage dropped low and ran forward, drawing up the leaves around her as she ran, her blades flashed open again in the sunlight, another predictable x-cut from below. The girl didn't seem to have any other tricks up in her sleeve. So once again, like a striking snake she jumped high into the air and spun her swords, regripped them, and brought them across her chest, ready to take Tajuh's head with another swoop.

TheMehKingdom:
[

Fake Tajuh

The man gripped the blade and twisted it, then leapt backwards into a tree with a good deal of force, leaning back so Kyre would suffer the brunt of the damage.

---

Fake!Kyre

That only works once.When the girl made for her predictable attack, Tajuh delivered a vicious blow to the woman's head while sidestepping the attack.

Kyre | Mark

The obsidian bark on the tree shattered into a thousands of cascading leaves that wafted softly by Kyre as she gripped Fake!Tajuh harder, trying to choke him out while retrieving Fang from his grip. The Orichalcum blade came loose and drew blood from his hand, flinging the crimson beads high into the air around them.

Then the Anti-Mage let go of her grip of Fake!Tajuh and dropped to the floor before launching hersel up at the mimic, her one longsword coming down not toward Tajuh, but toward Mark.

---

Fake!Kyre

Fake!Kyre fell to the ground and fell silent, unable to recover from the force of her own attack coupled with the upward strike from Tajuh.

Rugal
"Puce! I fucking heard that!" Rugal shouted behind him as he lead the way with Melethia acting as his unofficial eyes.
"Wheathair, Stop. There's a Chasm ahead." The elf warned, causing Rugal to slow down until he reached the edge.
He kneeled and attempted to use his staff to gauge the depth, despite it clearly going down MUCH farther.
"....Well....That's unfortunate....Everyone halt! Melethia, I don't suppose you have something to cross this with?" He asked as he picked up a rock and threw it against the cliff wall on the opposite side, attempting to get a idea of far it was.

David
David was retching slightly as Elena introduced him and the others, he WAS coated in the insides of a giant monster bug.
"Love?....You ok?".
"Oyyyyy....I never enjoyed being coating in human guts."
"...But that thing wasn't-"
"Believe me, I noticed. Still, Thanks for the assist, Sega."
"Saya"
"Whatever. I think I'm gonna hurl......"
He ran behind a tree and started to puke his guts out, much to the awkwardness of everyone in the group.
"....He really is sweet when you get to know him..."

After frowning at Rugal's TheatricsTM again, he said, "For the most part, I like the Rising Dawn crew; but I haven't really made any significant attachments with anyone. What really bugs me is that I forgot my mission, is all. I just... I thought I had a better mind than that. Aside from that, I've been fine. How have you two been holding up?"

Altea | Angelus | Caim | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri : Drop Group # 5

Teri nodded and said, "Caim can talk with the dragon above to see where we are. I'm sure we can work our way out from there. As for now, a rest might do us good."

Thus, the little group waited while Caim got in contact with the dragon...

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri: Dmitri's Home

Dimitri frowned as the program began to rattle off words, he finally hit one buzzword, ORPHEUS_AND_EURYDICE and CERBERUS relaxed into a calmed position. However, what Shakespeare did not realize was that upon de-activating CERBERUS, he began the protocols for the NIDHOGG. The fail-safe began to crawl down from his perch on the bookshelves, the roots that provided his cage finally gone. As the creature lurked down, it's jaws opened hungrily for the data of the program. Finally, sneaking up behind Shakespeare, it moved to take a giant chomp out of the famed poet.

Rugal
As the group talked, Rugal began to think of other ways to cross this gap.
Right, I can:
See what Melthia has
Have Puce build a bridge
Get Kurumu to fly us over
Or throw everyone across before jumping over....
He thought as his blind eyes gazed into the chasm in deep thought of which would be the best option.

David
Once he got the taste of bug intestines out of his system, David soon wearily returned to the group.
"Right...Just now we have a bit of a problem. Which direction are we supposed to be heading in now? My sense of direction is really messed up now." He said, unable to get his bearings again after that mad sprint and being teleported here by Elena.
It was then that Saya saw his modified M500 revolver, From Dahl to Hyperion, she didn't see a gun like that before and it certainly looked like it packed a punch.

The man took a moment to switch the song up a bit as he talked to the woman. "I mean not to intrude on your realm any further, so I will leave when I can find the two unjustly sent here. We both know what my fate is, and it is not to die here. So would you agree to help the both of us go on with what we both aim to do?"

Devon uses Diplomacy, rolling a 10.

It seemed luck was on Mark's side today as he connected with both attacks, damaging the man. However, there was still a good deal of fight in him, and he was going to go down swinging. The Fake sneered as it delivered a harsh kick at the author's knees.

Fake Tajus rolls a 5 for the attack at Mark.

The two errant shots had missed completely, but the true shot connected, barelt missing vital organs as it punched through. "We're done, Mark." The man drew two blades from his wallet and closed the distance, slashing at the Fake Author's wrists.

Tajuh rolls a 17 for one hand and 10 for the other

Slindis looks the portal over. "First time I've seen one like that. The ones I've seen are more od a deep midnight blue color." After looking at it, she turned to Saya. "Just be glad you weren't the one attacked. That poison had to be potent to do what it did, Saya."

Melethia gives a small smile. "I'm not, it's just stuff I picked up at the Cove. Nothing too special, really." She looked across the chasm. "Hmm, maybe Miss Skyhair could fly us across?"

Devon played a song that seemed to urge the one man over to his position as he looked at the goddess. "I think I'll choose Heads, Tails, Heads, Heads, Tails, Heads, Tails, Tails, Heads, Tails."

Devon casts Charm Person with a DC of 13, and the Heads result is 1 on a d2

That shot failed so badly it won the fight.

Mark's shot was off by about a foot south and 6 inches to the left, piercing the fake's heart. As it died, it flipped the man off with a look of pure venom in its eyes, knowing there wasn't much more it could do.

Tajuh rolls a 13 to save against it, and a 7 out of 10 for how effectively he can still fight under the artificial conditions

Idiot, did it think I was dependent on my vision? The man rushed forward to about how far he thought the fake was and thrust both blades at what should be center mass, half focusing on blocking out the pain.

Devon's blades attack with individual modifiers of 15 and 16, or 9 and 10 after the -6 penalty

Slindis cleared her throat. "If we make a south southeast bearing, we should make it there. The terrain shows it as much, and it'll build into a rapid ascent. It's just difficult to see from the tree cover."

Melethia nodded fervently upon hearing the other option. "That sounds even better. We'll hafta be careful, but it means Skyhair can save her punch for later on. And Skyhair, I saw you flying with Mister Puce there. Those little wings aren't for show." Apparently seeing Kurumu's talents had earned some respect in the girl's eyes.

Rugal
"Sounds like a plan then. With any luck we'll regroup with the others before long.....Well?....What are you waiting for?" Rugal commanded after Puce explained his plan.
He then sat at the base of a tree and awaited for his servants to make the bridge.
"...heh, Here's hoping Kurumu can fight. Succubuses are usually known for...other talents." He said in a hushed tone to Melethia as the pair got to work.

David
David nodded in agreement with the Drow's directions
"Good call, Slindis. It was better then my idea."
"Which was?"
"Wander around until we find it, basically. Right, best get going then." He admitted before he set off in that direc-
"".. . David, was it . ..? .. Where, the ... f***, did you get that M500? ................" Saya asked, stopping David dead in his tracks.
"...What? This one?" He said as he pulled it out.
"Personal Project of mine. See, I like Revolvers, but in a age where you can fire 1000 rounds a second, I had to step it up a notch. Not a bad piece of work if I do say so myself. And I do." He said as he spun it around on his finger.
"Added a crap ton of extra power onto this. Chopped and changed the materials, Can add a detachable scope, Almost as keen an shot as me and I have several different Ammo Types, Blast, Flame, Acid, Shock, Ice.
So yeah...It's a nice gun." He bragged as he holstered it.
"Why you ask?"

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle: Drop Group #1
Akane followed Gabrielle's lead but only with foxfire, blue balls of flame seeking the vulnerable flesh of the attacking things. Several fireballs in, Akane notice the distinct lack of the sound of Aftan's Shrieker pistols, or even her bladed tonfa's plasma emitters. Glancing around, she saw no trace of the Knight, nor the lizard Gabs had found.

"GIVE HER BACK YOU BASTARDS!!" the kitsune shrieked, her attacks intensifying and obliterating the remaining 4 mimics. Their shrieks of pain alerted all the other groups to their location, they were that loud as they burnt alive.

Akane looked around desperately to find her lover. "Gabs! That lizard! It must have been corrupted as well, and now it's got Aftan! We've got to find her! I'LL BURN THIS WHOLE FOREST TO THE GROUND TO FIND HER! AFTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

Jake walked around the group, energy still in his system from the flight. He had silently taken up the rearguard position during their march, and he was sure they had nearly forgotten he was there, or he had simply ceased to exist for a bit. He wasn't sure himself, the forest felt so off. His M4 had never left his shoulder and even now he was constantly scanning the trees for any signs of anything.
"Whilst we're all stopped, take a drink and a bite to eat if ya brought it. If not, I've got a fair bit of water on me, 3 canteens 2 litres each, and some wrapped sammiches and snack bars from the canteen. Shout out and I'll throw ya something."

He perked up at the should of fighting and then a series of shrieks, followed by a scream that chilled him to the core.

"Akane.... Oh no. CAIM! Ask Angelus how far it is to the Knights and if I can get there! Something very bad just happened to them! I can feel it!"

As he thought up the pieces, he unconsciously began forming the image at a decent height in the air of a winged and tailed female holding up a large sign that said in very visible and neat writing, Hi, I'm A----- and I'm still a virgin. Suck on it or take it up with that prick Devon~ Since he had been around Agehea Kurono, he thought more along the linesof a succubus for the image's tail and wings. Said image was large enough for every woman in the area to see, and it rotated around slowly so everyone could see the sign.

Devon raised his voice to be heard over the clamoring as he made his way to the man that wasn't supposed to be here. "You all know who I'm looking for. Now, she can either come forward now or stay here in this pointless fight. So come on down!" After grabbing the man, he moved to the edge of the fight.

Devon casted Silent Image! At 14 feet tall and ten feet up in the air, the illusion is highly visible.

The man heard the whistling of the kick, dropped one of the blades, and grabbed the leg, throwing him at one of the trees while he listened for an impact or any sudden movements while he retrieved the blade. C'mon, you greenhorn, learn when you've lost.

Slindis started making her way in the direction she called out, sticking tight with the group to prevent anyone getting lost. "Let's keep a strong pace, okay?"

Melethia did her part by keeping an eye on anything coming out to ambush them while the bridge was being built. "Don't worry, Wheathair, she can fight."

Alashi | Devon | Fire Imps:

The Author slowly got up, not liking the feel of the area at all. "Oh man... what happened?" The messenger bag that had been his only company was nearby, and he saw his laptop, a chain shirt that glistened like a sapphire, and a small notes. He unfolded the letter to see that it contained his current spell layout and that the chain shirt was a gift from Agehea. He put the Chain Shirt on underneath his button-up shirt and looked at the person that had helped him out of Hell, noticing that she looked like a Succubus. "Excuse me, but are you one of Agehea's people?"

It was clear that the man was still a bit groggy, but he was starting to wake up very quickly.

After he finished the man, Tajuh drank the second Guard potion, quickly and painfully closing the hole left in him by the round and made his way over to Mark. "You'd better be the actual one." He approached the battered man with caution.

She sighed. After all, she was going at half-time, and the two kids couldn't keep up then. "Come on, my daughter could do better than that! If they're so tired, I'll carry one of them." The Drow turned around, looking at which one of the two was more tired.

The watch for attacking enemies was aggravating, but Melethia used the time to mentally prepare herself for another combat, including planning out attack strategies.

GM Update:

Hello everyone! I'm going to add another element here so you guys can hold on for a little longer until we get to the temple. Why you ask? Well recently I haven't been posting as much due to packing, so that all my stuff is ready to move to a rental property (for most of this year until the new house is built, so I'll be moving twice. :/). So I may not be able to post much...

Actually , I have my laptop so I can post a few and keep updated. I know this sucks but I hope you guys can hold on for a little while. I'll probably post the entrance to the temple late this week (Friday maybe).
So I hope you guys can understand, thanks.

EDIT: Crap I forgot that I might not have internet in the new house for a couple of days or whatever. D:

- S.Shaun

Story progression/Detour.

Kud | Riki | & The rest.
Drop Group: #3
Time: Evening.
Weather: Black clouds and lightning.

The third drop group managed to reach a nice hill with an open space at the very top. They could clearly see most of the jungle and forest, in all of it's darkness and corruption. Though the most interesting landmark was the large temple several miles ahead of them, it was right by a cliff face and had multiple rivers surrounding it. The group could also see several other strange landmarks, such as smoke, fires, strange sounds and cut trees.

Riki & Kud were the last ones to arrive at the top. Everyone knew it was now a time to rest and set up camp because the sun was setting fast and who knew what horrors there would be at night. The good thing about the hill is that it was mostly free of the corruption which made the open space the ideal camp ground. There was even a nearby waterfall for showering, river for drink and trees surrounding them for firewood. By the time the young couple were done taking in the surrounding they had put down their packs. "There, there. You can stay here Kud and have a drink. I need to talk to everyone." Riki said as he patted her through her hat, shortly after he had his drink he walked to where everyone was. "Everyone I think we should make camp here. Who knows what there is in that forest at night." Riki suggested towards the group with a worried face.

Meanwhile.

The strange smoke, fires, noises and cut trees could only lead to one thing, there are people in the forest. Not any kind of people but tribes from around the area. They have gathered to the dark and corrupt forest to live in it and worship the temple and it's master. The tribes danced around the fire in a weird way, offering the dead which includes animals, insects and even each other most of the time. The forest and temple had already corrupted all of them.

Dark Tomoya.
Time: Early morning.

The house was painted red, not with paint, but with blood. Dark Tomoya easily slaughtered the old couple living in the house right next to the farm. A dark whistle was sung as Tomoya was cleaning the scythe he killed them with. The bodies were right by the door, the man was slice from toe to head and the women was giving a better death and instantly decapitated. "Arh... such a mess." He sighed as he looked on the bloody wall. Looking towards the bodies he smirked. "Time to take out the human trash." D.T said as he dragged the bodies outside and began to pose them like scarecrows on a couple of pole.

Shaun.
Time: N/A.

Shaun was not hanging by chains anymore, he had already gotten everything he needed. He had received a burger, pepsi and a bed. The only way he did this was constant complaining to the guard outside of his weird cell. In due time the two even began to become friends. "*Nom* Hwey... *Gulp* Angelo, how about you get me an xbox and we can play co-op together. It would get some time off our hands." Shaun said as he finished the burger. "Sorry friend I can't, the Commander will kill me if I'll do that." Angel the guard smirked as he heard Shaun's request. "Darn... ask permission for it later then." Shaun frowned as he laid on the bed.

"If they wanted me to help them they should of got Ryan instead." Shaun complained as he fell asleep.

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle: Drop Group #1
"Aftan! ...GABS!"

The shaken and confused Kitsune looked at Aftan then back at the winded Gabs then back to Aftan, slowing walking towards her with blades drawn.

"You are not my AFTAN!" Akane screamed as she drew her blade and charged.

The soft hum of plasma joined the sounds of battle. Akane replied by coating her sword in flames, and the incessant green glow met the intense burning blue in a shower of sparks from steel striking steel. Fire burned in the Kitsune's eyes and mixed with the tears flowing, crafting a fearful sight at any who looked at her, corrupted or not.

The two were a blur of strikes and parries, turning warfare into an art, gracefully deadly, deadly graceful.

"BOOOORRIIIIING!" Kyre cried out from her perch in the treetops. talon and Fang were already appropriately cleaned and sheathed, and the rattling of her chainmail sounded strangely like wind chimes. The leaves blew around her, and the soft wind and sunlight seemed to highlight the young Anti-Mage. She dropped down from the tree branch and sat down next to Mark's body before looking up at Tajuh. "I'm just going to sneak in a quick bite. I hope that's okay with you Sir Tajuh."

She smiled sweetly and placed her hand on Mark's wound... only to have it phase straight through. Kyre whined loudly and stood up, putting her hands on her head and started walking toward the temple again, when she spoke again, there was an absolute air of disappointment, "Where do you suppose Kurumu is..."

Ton Ton waited quietly as Puce built his bridge. Unease filled him when he was idle. No longer was his cheerful friend nearby to take his thoughts away from the depressing. Despite this, as always, he was ready for a new battle, should it appear.

The red dragon; despite being constantly battered by fierce winds, was able to hold on by hovering in the skies. While keeping a close link with Caim at all times, she was able to get a somewhat clear view of what was going on; and could make out bits and pieces of what was happening below. That was when she received word from Caim asking,

"Hey, you got our position? We seem to be lost..."
"Hmph. I had gathered that when you walked in a circle the third time. Took you long enough. Yes, you have been. The ground slopes a little where you are, so that has been naturally leading you astray. Fight against the natural inclination and head North. That'll take you towards the temple... What's this? What's Cadolbolg doing here?"
"Cadolbolg? Probably about to ask the same question as I did... Speaking of, the idiot Author student of mine is freaking out about the threesome Knights. How're they holding up?"

The dragon took a deep inhalation of the dirty air, and snorted in displeasure, "Foxfire and filth fills the air... They're further ahead than you. Do as I said before. Go North and avoid the slant. That'll take you to them."
"Understood. I'll let them know. I'll keep in touch."
"Of course. Now go, the fires grow larger..."

The dragon gave another flap of her wings to stabilize in the air, and when her son arrived, she gave the baby turtle a pleased nuzzle, "Hello little one. I take it you were sent to ascertain your allies' positions?"

She gave a quick summary of what she had witnessed, as well as reassurance that everyone was heading towards the temple, albeit slowly and in their own ways.

"Your group is the closest. But be careful, they draw near a campfire of some sort. I do not expect anything living here to be friendly... I will need to land soon, for the parties grow closer to trees I cannot ward over. Furthermore, I do not trust the air near that temple... The storm will be much worse there for these wings. Now hurry, they may need you yet."

---

As Caim relayed everything to the group, and they began foraging ahead towards Aftan, Gabrielle and Akane, Teri gripped Sadei in anticipation for the coming battle, "Get ready to beat some heads, looks like we're about to...."

As the Dryad drew close, Dimitri only smiled. With Shakespeare gone, the configuration for CERBERUS rebooted, and the dog shaped guardian was ready for action again. As NIDHOGG began to crawl up the book cases, the unholy dog advanced upon the Dryad, the snakes hissing in anticipation at the sight of their newest meal.

Disasterchild:
[

Time: Sunset | January 1st

Tajuh looked at the Mark then tore off strips of his shirt before tightly binding the author's wounds. From the man's attitude, it was the real one."It's better than nothing. Now grab on so we can get to a camping site tonight. I'm not counting on any caves or cliff walls, so we'll have to go by one of the larger trees." He grabbed the man's left arm and wrapped it around his shoulder, allowing the Author to keep his weight off the injured knee as they moved through the forest, eventually finding a tree with large enough roots to provide a semblance of shelter.

The drow looked the site over and sighed. "That river doesn't provide much of a defense with how shallow it is, and the site's probably well-known by locals. However, the two schoolchildren are exhausted, and I doubt my eyesight could be passed onto the whole group, and the fact that it's a moonless night means our visibility is extremely poor. I say we camp here, low fire, and a revolving watch." If it weren't for the two kids with the group, the paladin would easily keep moving until she could find something more defensible like a cave or a hollowed-out tree.

"Hey, tell me before ya do that, Skyhair! And what are those things poking into my back?" The young girl was shocked by the sudden move, but the vantage point allowed her to see for miles, and it looked like there was a small enough cave a way ahead for them to stay in for the night.

"Wanna take a bet to see who can get by the most traps in the temple, Skyhair? I mean, if I made something like that, I'd trap it up. Y'know, make someone trying to get my stuff really work for it." Kurumu could tell that the girl enjoyed the flying after the first shock of it.

Sadei responded to Teri. If we can get rid of some of this taint here, I'll do it... Teri could hear Sadei mentally heaving. It looks like the staff wasn't feeling too good with all the corruption here.

Alashi (Ella) | Devon: Group #6

Devon looked at the woman over there, wishing to help her. Now that he'd picked a good bit up from that training, maybe his presence would help...

"Look, I just want to thank you for helping me there. It was a bit crazy, wasn't it? Still, what do you say about helping out that person down there before she's food? I mean, it wouldn't hurt to, and it would be wrong to watch her die." The man pointed to the knight and whispered, transmitting a message to Aftan. "You want help, don't you? Make your way to the bush line and I'll back you up."

Devon casted Message, a level 0 cantrip! This spell allows a whispered message to up to seven targets at his current level with little chance of being overheard, and the recipients can talk back to the sender as part of the spell.

Ton Ton only watched as Kurumu ferried people across, and continued to wonder where his wayward friend had disappeared off to.

At Jake's consistent urgings, the group had been able to hurry to the position that Angelus outlined to Caim; which sub-sequentially placed him at the head. He was far more used to engagements of this sort, and had Moonfire ready for the assualt.

It did not take long for them to reach where the screams came from; and they saw chaos unfold infront of them, as the knights fought with the false version of Aftan. Not that anyone in the party would know that... Would they?

Caim stopped dead in his charge in confusion, and loudly asked, "What the hell?!"

Teri, despite being near the end; thought something was fishy; given the ferocity that Akane and Gabrielle attacked Aftan. Running ahead of Caim, she called out: "Allow me! God, give me insight to what arcane trickery may lie here!"

If any were looking at the Tablet, one would have noticed a message appearing for a quick moment:

User Spell Deploying: DETECT MAGIC. SCANNING NOW.

Dimitri only shook his head again, "Nidhogg is a root-eater for a reason, and a Fail-Safe. His protection extends to any files, even converting ones. However, I note that Cerberus certainly needs upgrading..."

At the sound of that, the aforementioned Root Eater already began its assault on the Dryad, wrestling with the wooden-woman on the floor as it started to destroy the roots from Cerberus in it's wake.

Altea | Angelus | Caim | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri | Not!Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle/Kokoa : Drop Group # 5
Jake too stopped in his tracks, voicing the same as Caim. He couldn't rush in, this was their fight by looks of things. But Teri did.
"Teri, wait! Stay back!" Jake shouted as he ran after her, slinging his M4 and drawing his sword for the close quarters fight.

~~~~~

Akane spun round, thankful Kokoa had joined the fight. "Aftan would never say those things! We love each other, all of us and we have forgiven and it made us stronger! You die... now."

Both Kokoa and Akane charged, each covering the other as they struck, overwhelming the Fake!Aftan, who was only managing to strike back every third or fourth blow through liberal abuse of teleporting. Then Caim's group arrived yet Akane paid them no heed. She had to kill this imposter and move on, she had to find Aftan!

A ring of fire erupted around the combatants, roughly 30 feet in diameter, trapping Fake!Aftan, Kokoa and herself inside and the others outside. The flames burned a bright blue, nearing white at the base.

Time: Sunset

Kyre

The young Anti-Mage skipped over to the small glass and picked it up, she felt her heart flutter with something... appreciation perhaps? But it mattered little to her at the moment. The sweet lifeblood was still warm as she pressed the container to her lips and let it dribble into her mouth.

Immediately she spat it out and threw the glass against the ground, shattering it into a million tiny shards.

"He didn't taste very good. Not very good at all," still she found herself smiling, and holding her hand over her chest. Kyre closed her eyes and started to talk to herself, recanting the things she had tasted up to this point, "the blood of the warg girl, the entrails of Witch Beatrice, Marie of Althion.... all of her, then the blood of Kurumu..." she drifted into fantasy for a moment, remembering the time she sucked the lifeblood directly from the her ample chest, "Sir Edward's innards, and the Writer's blood."

Kyre twisted her wrist around and flung her light body back toward the two men, "Kurumu still tasted the best," she assured herself.

It took merely moments for her to catch up with Tajuh and Mark, and then she landed in front of them and hugged Mark, tracing her hands across his wounds, "I accept your friendship," she said playfully before kissing Mark on the cheek, however ethereal he might be.

Not!Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri: Drop Group #1
"I SAID SHUT UP!!"

The flame shield dropped and all could see the fight as about to end. Kokoa dived in for the kill, brutal and full of emotion with her bare hands. She never got there. The Fake Aftan's smile dropped as she saw a horrible horrible sight descending upon her.

*CRACK-BOOM*

Kokoa was knocked over by the force of the sonic boom, her ears ringing from the air trying to catch up to the object that had passed through them faster than the speed of sound. She looked up from the ground. Her eyes widened in disbelief.

Akane and Aftan stood together, Aftan draped over the Kitsune's shoulders, Akane's blade emerging through Aftan's back. A trail of fire lead to Akane's starting point, her tails still glowing white hot rather than the usual orange flame. Everything seemed to stop for the moment, the birds, the leaves rustling, even the storm above.

"I said, Die. Burn in hell." Akane near whispered yet everyone heard. Her voice dripped with an unnatural hatred and wrath.

Flames spread up her sword and the Fake!Aftan did not even have a chance to scream before being burned alive, incinerated by Akane. As the ash blew away, Akane dropped to her knees and cried, great big heaving sobs.

"AFTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

~~~~~~~~

Jake silently sheathed his sword and walked up to the wrecked Kitsune, placing a hand upon her shoulder.

Not!Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri: Drop Group #1

As the construct faded away, Teri's hold on the spell disappeared, and she wandered over to see if there was any damage of the physical kind. Holding up her hands in a yielding gesture, she asked, "I know this isn't the best of times to ask, but is anyone hurt...Er, physically? Any cuts or anything that need attending to?"

She held back from actually getting close to Akane, lest she get glomped again.

As for the rest of the group, they filtered in quietly and still on edge, lest they be attacked by something else.

Ton Ton froze a little upon being brought in the air, but when he realized that his friend was back, he relaxed again, and said in a friendly tone, "Man, aren't you a sight for sore eyes? How did the talk with your mother go over? Is everyone alright?"

Dimitri looked up from his book with a frown, and waved his hand, sending in PRINCIPALITY and SEIRYU.

"I am calling a cease-fire. I am guessing as she made those programs with only a little thought, they were not as well made as my friends here. Thus, I will alert her of their... Lacking. You've made your point Vermilion, now I only ask 'why'. Do you intend to see these files? They are not yours or your creators to view. I care not who this Mark is, he is not privy my Mistress's private files."

After the Author gave his feeble justification, Tajuh sat down in one of the simple chairs as he collected himself. "Since it looks like the two of you fought my doppelganger, we'll have to do a revolving watch. I know er have that machine outside, but relying solely upon that is a fool's move. Kyre, you'll take first watch. Mark, you take last watch. I'll do the second." The way it was set up, the two with him would have uninterrupted sleep, even if Kyre was still someone he was not fully comfortable around.

Slindis looked out around the area, her well-trained vision helping out. "I believe we met at the wedding shortly after I joined your crew, Elena, even if I wasn't fully there at the time. It's hard to forget a face like yours." She went into her Bag of Holding and pulled out a pouch of jerky. "Go ahead, take some. It's not made for the upper crust, but it'll fill you up." The new moon would make it oppressively dark outside, but being a drow brought with it the advantages of enhanced sight in the dark.

Melethia smiled. "Hmm... whoever loses has to do whatever the other says for a week after we finish. No giving up our stuff, though, cause that'd be stupid." The young girl couldn't see much movement on the ground indicating an ambush, although it was starting to get dark. It looked like they'd have to set up camp as soon as they got across at this pace.

Alashi (Ella) | Devon: Group #5

He looked at the succubus with dark red hair and said, "Grab her. I'll make a distraction for us.." He grabbed a handful of the soil and grinned, throwing the handful as the succubus flew with the woman. "Eat my dust... or look at it, in any case!" When it got to the newly hatched insects, it turned into a gleaming golden dust that was blinding as it coated everything in the area, including the insects. Right when the flash hit, Devon made sure to start running like hell to catch up with the two.

Devon used FairyGlitterdust! All pursuing insects have to make a save against being blinded with a mod of 14, and they're still incredibly easy to spot even if they save.

Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | GabrielleKokoa | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri: Drop Group #1
Jake felt a soft hand touch his, then squeeze it before lightly removing it. Jake nodded and stepped back, noticing Kokoa laying motionless upon the ground. Akane was already moving towards her, and scooped the little vampire up in her arms. She could feel the heat radiating from Kokoa... The wrong kind of heat. Her skin blistered and raw, Akane shrieked in horror at the wounds on her lover.

"H-h-h-h-h-heeeeelp!" she spluttered out between renewed sobs. "Oh Gods help her I've burnt her! I've burnt her so badly oh Gods what have I done...... Oh Gods...."

Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | GabrielleKokoa | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri: Drop Group #1

Teri took a deep breath, and, shakily, touched Akane's arm, "Akane, I am a medic. I can fix her up. But I need you calm down, and put her back down for me so I can work. Can you do that for me, please?"

Akane was about to sputter something else, but the Cleric did not break her gaze with the fox.

"PLEASE, Akane. It will help her more to let me work. I have medical supplies with me, as well as a spell or two. Just let me do my work. If not, she could hit critical status.. Or worse."

The Kitsune numbly placed the Vampire on the ground and backed away with horror when Teri began to do her work. The girl had already begun to give orders to those around her,

"Caim, I have a book in my satchel with a blue flame on it; get it out and turn it to page 324. Somebody get me some clean water. Dimitri; search for Kokoa Shuzen in the Avatar Adventures files as well as files from Rosario Vampire, and look for allergies and the like."

"Of course, Madam. Scanning...."

"Wait, what's wrong with the- Hey, what is that?!"

As Dimitri scanned the aforementioned files and sent what was relevant, he smiled at Vermilion's tangent, "Even though I have thought of such things myself, I thought that perhaps our creators programmed us to think. At least, that much I know my creator did. She gave me complete artificial life created via 0's and 1's. However, that does not mean I do not matter, or my thoughts are not significant. I can show you files that show her sympathies to robotic life forms. She thinks that we are able to feel and think as a human does... Even love. I am still learning what these things mean entirely; but the fact that I CAN learn is what makes me different from a simple computer. I am certain your creator is similar. He is a Writer too, after all."

Jake rushed forwards, hearing Teri's orders. He opened one of his canteens and placed it by her tools. "Fresh, clean. I've got a small first aid kit as well if you need anything." he said tersely, standing back a bit to give Teri space.
He kept an eye on Akane, who kept walking around aimlessly in circles yet her eyes never leaving Teri and Kokoa. She was a wreck, first Aftan, now Kokoa, by her hand...

"!!! I can feel her again! Aftan is nearby!" Akane said, her voice shattered yet a glimmer of hope still shone in it. She sped off into the trees, and as Jake watched her he could even see small flashes of red light.

"Oh Gods please be safe I'm almost there....."

Akane broke through a line of bushes to see what was basically chaos. She spotted Aftan running for cover not far from her, backed up by a Succubus and a human.
"AFTAN! I'M COMING!" she shouted as she broke into a run towards the three.

Rugal Bernstein
As Puce and Kurumu got to building the bridge, Rugal found himself drifting in and out of a long nap.
Keeping in a recent theme he was going though, what with that Ghost of Christmas Past hallucination and Teri asking about his first kill, he found himself recalling his childhood days yet again.

Berlin Streets: Rugal Age 17
In the years after he watched that man die at his hands, he soon grew less and less concerned with the value of human life.
The News spoke of a unknown spree killer, every night someone else was found dead and robbed naked.
Rugal soon found himself living the standard he had always dreamed of, And yet, he found himself working every night to put food on the table, his table.
But the police stepped their efforts, stings where placed, Hiding spots were cleaned out, He found his lifestyle was slipping from his grasp.
He need a big score to ensure he could rise above the streets, lest he remain a petty mugger forever.

And that's when they met.

It was winter market morning and he was getting breakfast, a few apples, maybe a breadstick, what ever he could get away with.
He watched as a beggar heckled some rich person who was clearly repulsed at the fact he was asking for a handout.
He'd seen this before, They always go for the rich ones despite the fact they never-
The Beggar fell as it looked like the Rich Man stuck him in the gut, This was a new one to Rugal, Most don't bother smacking around the poor.
"There....Now get out of my sight, Worthless Human..."
The Rich man walked away, The Beggar cried out, He was just given a Platinum Bar!
Rugal dropped his apple in sheer shock as the man was walking past.

Present
He awoke with a bit of a fright as he checked his right eye, the one he lost when he was 18.
Still Gone, Then he remembered where he was.
He picked himself up and shouted "That damn Bridge up yet?! Come on, I've seen Chinese Children work harder then you! For even less too!"

Teri's staff sighed upon looking at the burns. It looks pretty bad... do you need my support to heal them up?

Tajuh stretched, pulling out a small note from his wallet to read it before talking to Mark. "You authors are amusing, thinking that there's no relative danger in what's done here. I can respect Teri Gravel, since the girl's working her damnedest to fix the issues caused by your lot. Hell, even that Devon Hauxwell is getting off his ass. Honestly, you'd be best off ensuring that Klaara doesn't bring back the former creator of the Red Mage."

He watched as Kyre got into one of the small beds in the area as he went on. "However, it doesn't resolve the issue that your collective hands were the main cause of the massive instability, and that corrupted Archangel won't stop at this plane. I'm still debating whether or not I should tell my boss to have the whole lot of you killed, especially considering any one of these people could go down that path and cause this to happen all over again. Before you say anything like 'Oh, they can fix it themselves,' know this: even if a area's saved multiple times, the fact that the scenario happens on and off again messes with so much that it would make your head spin."

Although he spoke casually, the content of the statement showed that he was dead serious. And what was with the way he referred to Devon as if Tajuh had no connection to him?

She hands over a piece of the jerky, tearing it in half and eating some of it. "Still, thank you for what you two did earlier with that centipede. I was starting to get concerned for the Soren's well-being if the fight continued any further, and it was a bit much to handle." Slindis looked over at David doing some maintenance on his weapon, taking note of anything unusual.

Melethia pointed out the fires to Kurumu. "We should probably avoid about a quarter mile around those fires, Skyhair. And let's get it straight: you'll be working for me, mmkay?" She smiled impishly, knowing that there were few traps that would hold her.

Alashi (Ella) | Devon: Group #5

He looked at the male, immediately a bit worried. "Well I'm sorry that I haven't been able to thank you. Maybe that could wait until after we get out of here?" He grabbed his shortsword and tossed it in the air once, catching it. "If there ever was a time for luck, it's now!" Right as he caught it, he heard the light, rapidly approaching footsteps of...Akane? It was hard to hear, but he remembered the sound of those tails from when he had first met with the Kitsune in Wyoming.

Devon cast Improvisation! This spell grants luck, allowing the caster to distribute said luck in his abilities, accuracy or skills

David West
Shrugging off Saya's underwhelming reaction to his awesome gun ("Oh come on! You know you want it!"), David spent much of the journey running point for the group as they made their way though the jungle, giving Slindis and Saya a break after that Giant Enemy Bug.
He overheard Slindis asking about the wedding and he said "Hey Slin! Mind coming over here? Need those Elf eyes of yours for a sec."
Slindis was a little confused by what he meant by Elf Eyes, but walked over none the less.
Once she was over, he began speaking in a hushed tone.
"I heard you two were talking about the Wedding. Yes, she was there, but...she was....brainwashed. Just it was a very rough time for her so just watch what you say. She can be...unstable at times....Kinda like everyone in our merry band actually. Still, you know what I mean, right?"

Rugal Bernstein
Rugal was hesitant to step onto the bridge and took small steps to ensure he didn't slip or trip due to his blindness, tapping his staff off the surface of it much more often then he would to get an idea of width and strength.
It took him a full minute to walk over and he seemed pleased to be back on solid ground.
Then Kurumu was kind enough to ask him if he "Seen" Ton Ton or Cadolbolg.
".........No....I've haven't..." He flatly answered with a tone of extreme annoyance in his voice.
"Last I heard Cadolbolg was sent to relay our position to Angelus. As for Ton Ton.....Mmmmm...."
He then shouted back towards the otherside "Ton Ton! Bridge is up! Lets Go!"

Altea | Angelus | Caim | GabrielleKokoa | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri: Drop Group #1

"No allergies were found, Madam. However, might I suggest a blood transfusion of some sort? She is a vampire, after all..."

"Good. As for your question, Sadei, I'll need all the help I can get here. Hang on Kokoa... Wait. Blood transfusion! I'm an O+! I bet she could have a nibble without a problem. But that involves needles... Or... I do have sterile needles... I could prick a finger.. Yeah, that's it!"

After taking a deep breath and casting a minute healing spell, she pulled out a needle and pricked her pointer finger, to which she audibly winced to.

(The Spell, 'Magic Stone' has been replaced by a casting of Cure Light Wounds)

She then placed the bloody finger to the Vampire's lips and silently prayed that Kokoa would take a sip.

Cadolbolg | Ton Ton: Drop Group #4 Team Cute Bruisers!

The pale blue light of Ton Ton's lantern added an interesting effect to the already red wash that befell this area; to which the Tonberry did not note or care. What did matter was that they were closing in quickly on a group of three persons, one of which the two did know (Aftan), and two which they did not... Or did they?

"Wait a second... That guy looks familiar..."

The other AI frowned, and said, "Aside from the Morning Star, I must regret to inform you that the more I hear about this 'Mark' character, the less I like him. Holding the lives of this world as if they were puppets, his negligence and uncaring for those around him.... But no matter. I shall remain by My Lady's side so long as she needs me; so I needn't worry. As we've both learned with our creators, sometimes the flesh does not prove satisfying as amiable company."

bluerocker:
snip

"Teri, that probably isn't going to work, they are going to need a lot more than that... needless to mention also that they aren't going to be able to take a sip while unconscious so bleeding would have to be a lot more intense to the point where it could flow down her throat... I can't believe I'm doing this, but could you all look away for a minute or so?" the group all had rather puzzled looks but after glaring each one of them in the eye the others looked away and Teri moved away from the body and did the same. you could hear something rather light flop to the ground, and it sounded like a faucet was running then after a minute or so they got the ok to turn around, Kalastryn caked in blood and a puddle of it on the ground but it seems a good ammount got into Kokoa's mouth from the look of her face. "Don't ask, and don't ever mention this again, understand?" Kalastryn said with a rather harsh tone of voice to get the point across... strangely while she started to pick off the dried blood from her face... her robes were pristine and void of any staining. She then sat down and took a few deep breaths. "I feel kinda dizzy, I don't think it a bad idea to wait here and rest for a while." of course she was dizzy... who wouldn't be after giving up so much blood.

Teri's face remained a puzzle of confusion as the horned woman began to feed Kokoa the massive amount of blood, and felt a wave of shame for the stupid notion that a pricked finger would awaken the wounded Vampire. However, regardless of her lack of thought, she could already tell that Kokoa would be alright. Thus, she began to pack her materials away carefully, sterilizing her tools and items as best as she could with what she had. When she moved to take the book from Caim, she saw a small message on her screen,

"Do not feel ashamed, Madam. You did well, under the circumstances that befell you."

Teri smiled faintly at that and silently patted herself on the back for creating an AI that gave her confidence boosts.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 . . . 807 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here