The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 . . . 830 NEXT

Time: Daylight

Kyre scoffed lightly and took off her gloves. Blood ran freely from the wounds that her Diffusal Blades had cut, "It is only because Sir Tajuh requested it, not because that little stunt that you pulled had achieved anything." She licked the cuts until they were clean before putting her leather gloves back on and sheathing her two shortswords. Then Kyre crossed her arms and leaned lightly on an obsidian bark tree.

"What do we do now," she grumbled, "I'm not allowed to go running into the temple, and I have lost my appetite."

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Morning | January 1st

Slindis and Saya

"It's getting angry, so we must be dealing some damage, Keel nailing it!

The paladin was right, the creature was getting a bit riled up meaning Saya and her are starting to make a difference. Ether that or Saya just managed to give the thing a headache after kicking it hard enough into a tree. Also for Slindis to have medical abilities... Saya respected her more, since she herself was a healer.

However, the Spidermite Centipede slid sideways and suddenly started going underground. To dig so quickly and smoothly- it was a bad sign for the girls. "Of all f***ing things... it has to hide now. Watch for any sudden quakes beneath you Slindis, but you probably already knew that." Saya placed her back to Slindi's, both pacing slowly with their weapon of choice drawn.

... Silence.

... Silence.

".. Did, it flee? It's been a whole minute." Saya loosened up her tensity by rotating her shoulders. ".. What a p****. After a poke or two, it ran off like a b****. Haha."
Saya turned to Slindis and had her virtual map pop up.
"We should probably get with the others, who knows what weird @$$ things they're figh-"
Underneath Slindis came forth the Spidermite Centipede, rocks and dirt flew up as the creature sunk it's teeth within Slindis's lower half, blood spurring. Saya's eyes widened, it was as it things were in slow motion. To see your ally suddenly taken like that, by a monster with those kinds of teeth piercing through flesh .. it wasn't a happy sight to see.

"SLINDIS!!" Saya cried, as she quickly phaselocked the Spidermite Centipede making it let go of Slindis. It hissed as it begun to dig another gigantic hole, disappearing in seconds. Without stalling, Saya came to Slindis. She was in terrible shape, half of her right body .. mostly the hip to the ribcage area was bitten. Blood leaked out, and some red veins started to show meaning the poison was spreading.

"F***, f***, f***- don't move. Don't move! I'll tend to you now. Ju-just stay still ok?"
Saya got onto her knees and started shooting her assault rifle into the wounds. Each one made a splash of red, healing her slowly. Even though the wounds were closing, Slindis's neck was showing red veins. Saya wasn't ready for this, her eyes shaken that her ally was dying before her. That, and she never dealt with someone being poisoned before.
"Come on, I-I KNOW you have something to help yourself. You cured my leg flawlessly, don't just look at me like that D***IT!!!" However, it wasn't Slidis's fault. She would of been prepared, probably able to counter this with her healing skills or perhaps something else. Just bad luck and everything else caused the girl to be paralyzed, her wrist from the chest that was bear showed red veins creeping.

"F*** ... f*** ..no, NO okay screw it. I'm doing it."
Saya leaned over, seeing that one of her wounds wasn't completely shut and sank her mouth on it. She closed her eyes, sucking out the blood as quickly as she could. Was the poison so strong, to much could overpower whatever prevented her from being poisoned beforehand? Spitting out the tainted blood, Saya kept doing so while having a pistol now drawn to her neck and shooting it, causing the girl to recover slowly but perhaps it won't save her from the poison.

Wiping her mouth and worrying, Saya panted softly. "God, f***ing... f*** me. F***!" She rubbed her eyes and shook her head. ".. S***."

Slidis's hand slowly rose up, catching Saya's attention. She softly spoke some words, an enchantment despite how weak she looked and no doubt did it do something. A spell it seemed, activated and cleansed Slindis of the poison. The red veins slowly ceased away, and the girl began blinking her eyes, the lights in them all the brighter. Saya gasped to herself softly and unable to contain herself, laid and hugged Slindis.
"Oh my god, you're ok! Holy s*** I- .. I, don't scare me like that. You, stupid.. crazy b***." Though her tone seemed to be more of being grateful then a scolding tone.

Time: Timeless

Agehea | Devon | Fire Imps | Lucifer:

Devon turned to Lucifer when he entered, not exactly sure what was happening and still half-hungry. "Why do I get the feeling there's something here that I'm missing? And Miss Agehea, why do you keep referring to me as if I'm nothing more than a meal to you?" Even though he had eaten so much of the food from there, Lucifer could see that somehow the man hadn't been ensnared by any of the drugs that may have been placed in the food.

Kyre | Mark | Tajuh: Drop Group #2

Tajuh looked down at the author and roughly brushed him off. "Look, we need to get to that temple. I'd much rather that we only had no authors here, and even one of them is too much of a risk. If there's no way for you to leave, you stay on me like white on rice. Understood?" Even a idiot could see that Mark's appearance wasn't something he had counted on. They took a stop for a moment and Tajuh looked at Kyre. "If you ran into the temple on your own, it would be far too likely that you would become enveloped by the traps in there and killed. The jungle alone is a great enough enemy here without petty squabbles between you two. For now, we proceed with caution with the dead weight. He may have some special abilities, but unreliable in any fight."

Slindis and Saya

"Oh my god, you're ok! Holy s*** I- .. I, don't scare me like that. You, stupid.. crazy b***." Though her tone seemed to be more of being grateful then a scolding tone.

Slindis breathed a bit more as she chanted a Cure Serious Wounds, patching up the area while she crouched in wait for it to pop up again. "It won't get the chance again..." The centipede popped up for the paladin to ambush her again, but she was ready this time and leapt onto its carapace, stabbing both rapiers deeply into the armoring as she held onto them. "Aom for the midsection! If you have any rounds that can torch it, tell me!"

Slindis and Saya

"Aim for the midsection! If you have any rounds that can torch it, tell me!"

Even though Saya was a tad emotional .. okay more so then she would of normally revealed for someone she just met- the Siren was going to get some payback for putting Saya in such a state. With the creature focused on trying to throw Slindis off like a bull would if a cowboy was riding it- Saya came running in with arms going back and forth, well timed breaths between the sprints only for Saya to whip out her rocket launcher.

Usually it's smarter to shoot it from afar for obvious reasons, but this chick was ticked off. She jumped onto the creature's belly when it was slightly bent enough for an edge of the chest to stand on, the Siren placed the rocket launcher right against it's flesh and clicked the 'three barrel projection' button, allowing three rockets to be shot at the same time.

"Die mother f***er- DIE." Saya pulled back the trigger, and an explosion happened. It knocked Saya back, and Slidis had to jump off from the creature's sudden shift, the impact made the Spidermite Centipede almost fall onto it's back. This wound was much larger and deeper then what the simple rocket did to the leg back then. Darkish red blood spilled out, and some gutts and who-knows-what was visible. The creature lashed out, swinging it's tail across, chopping trees off making Saya have to dodge and roll from huge trees, Slindis cutting through them before any could touch her. The beast was going crazy now.

AIM Soldiers
"Negative : This is a Prototype Devastator Model DLC3-Knoxx. It's a self contained unit : The only input that it accepts is from US Command : I'm looking for it's specifications now." Viscus answered as he raced though the databases of the base.
As the AI searched for a weakness, Inuart's men found nothing in the range of conventional weapons to use against the Mech.
They did find several other prototype weapons, everything from Lasers to Rocket Launchers, but they were just that, Prototypes, incompetent ones at that.
But still, The Mech was advancing and cutting down his men....
Using them might prove more harm then good.

Rugal
After some prodding from Ton Ton and Cadolbolg, Rugal slapped himself awake from his brief blackout.
"...How long?..."
"Just a few minutes. Thought you were-"
"What? That easily? Please..." He groaned as he used his staff to prop himself up before walking on, bleeding from both his arm and his shoulder.

Diablo1099:
In which desperation breeds

Inuart growled, and shouted, "Shoot at the pilot's head! Barring that, if you can think of a better way to destroy that thing without getting us all killed, be my guest!"

Readying the sword again, Inuart decided to charge at some of the nominally equipped soldiers in an attempt to make a better chance for his unit to pull something out of their asses.

Rugal | Ton Ton | Cadolbolg

Ton Ton waited quietly as Rugal recollected himself, and said, "So, you think this thing is salvageable? I didn't get a full view of that attack you did; but I do know that it knocked the beast off of me."

Rugal groaned again, and shrugged, "Wouldn't know. Can't see the damn thing."

"Oh, right. Sorry. Well, you're still bleeding, and I think that; aside from the whole 'that'll kill you' thing, that it might attract more of those things near us... I wouldn't want to use this mud to staunch it, Mistress knows what Tomoya did to it..."

He looked around for a moment, and paused to look at the fighter's pants, which were quite a bit roughed up from the recent encounter. With a glint in his eye, Rugal heard the little creature begin to walk towards him; as well as a knife being drawn...

"If we've no bandages to have... Then they can be made. Hope you didn't like your leggings too much, Rugal Bernstein."

Captcha: Toe-curling.

"In terms of fashion, this will be."

bluerocker:
NOT THE PANTS!

AIM Soldiers
"SIR YES-"
"SAY THAT ONE MORE TIME, I'LL SHOOT YOU MYSELF!"
So Inuarts men kept firing on the Mech, landing a few hits on the helmet but aside from a slight scratch, it didn't seem to slow it down.
Fortunately, Inuarts focus on the enemy soldiers allowed them to fire on the Mech mostly un-interrupted

Rugal
Rugal did a self check, feeling blood flowing from his wounds and a lot of it at that.
"Wait...What was that about my-"
*RRRRRRRRRIP!*
Rugal winced as his expensive suit bottoms were torn up by Ton Ton and used to cover up his wounds, He could feel the value plummet but this was a bad situation.
As he was patched up, he decided this was the fault of the rest of the crew for ditching him like that.
"Right....Back on course..." He said as he began to limp towards the location of the temple, now minus a trouser leg.

Slindis and Saya

The beast was going crazy now.

Slindis kept tight on the creature's back, stabbing at it a great deal of times while cutting away the trees. The intensity of the stab wounds and the various acids, gouts of fire, blasts of cold, and jolts of electricity were working in conjunction with the injury from earlier to wear the beast down. She stopped the stabbing for a moment as she got a grip with her legs as she touched her left arm and pointed at the centipede's back, coating it in a very thick and slippery grease. "Torch it!"

Disasterchild:
[

He cleared his throat. "Is there some way that we could continue the training here? I mean, there's plenty of room here, and maybe Miss Agehea can help me with some of the training too. She did do really well with all those statues there..." Although he was still starving, maybe the training could happen here with some help... and maybe he could pick up some tips from Agehea as well.

He chose to ignore the man making a fool out himself, but his attention was drawn to the rail pistol after the round went through multiple trees. "You don't know much about older temples, do you? A weapon like that could bring it crashing down if it's fired carelessly." It was clear that he didn't think way too much of the author, as it seemed that he had an incessant need to show of.

Kurumu | Puce | Melethia: Drop Group #4

Melethia climbed up into the tree nearest her and went through her bag for her bow, aiming at ambushing the cyclops if it got any ideas. Don't you dare try anything, one-eye... If the creature made any sudden moves, the girl had a clear line of sight to maim the creature before it could see her.

Diablo1099:
Death to the Pants!

AIM Soldiers

As Inuart cleared out the remainders of the soldiers; he turned, and brought down ice upon the mech; hoping that it would freeze SOMETHING vital on the damn thing.

Cadolbolg | Ton Ton | Rugal: Drop Group # 6

Ton Ton could only sigh, and said, "Look, Cadolbolg, sitting on his head isn't going to help any. He's too stubborn! He'll want to direct his own head, sight or none."

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri: Dmitri's Home

"What interesting choice of guardians." The Vermilion A.I. stated as she patted the guard dog on the head.

"Do you think you programmer would mind if I tested these defenses?"

Dimitri smiled at the notion, and looked up from his book, and pointed at a winding hallway, no doubt the results of a bookmark to a site, "You know of my Mistress's love for mythology. It is only natural her guardians are the strong ones of those tales. As for your request, so long as they are repairable by me when you are done. It is easier for the Mistress to Upgrade than to create anew."

Time: Daylight

Kyre

Kyre took the insult somewhat badly, it injured her pride and her motives for even being here. But moreso, she was just a petulant child. So like any reasonably minded individual, she placed her hands on Mark's chest, shifted her weight and then pushed the Dramatist down onto the hard ground. "No one has any control over me," she shouted, seemingly more to confirm that statement with herself than anything else, "I am the Princess of Prybat, and I am a person. Your threats of abusing me with magic mean as little as the sense you hold in that empty head of yours."

She swung her foot around and stomped off toward the temple, twisting the forest around her into a distorted image of her home tree.

Slindis and Saya

Before Saya got back onto her feet, she saw just how bad@$$ Slindis was. On that worm like a warrior, using elemental strikes to take the beast down and just not caring how vicious the monster was getting. Not to mention that she was able to hold on from it's constant struggle to throw her off.

"Torch it!"

Saya understood and smirked to herself. "Now you're talking my language!" Saya whipped out her pistol, but took the clip out and exchanged it with a flare ammo clip. This ignites the bullets with a fire effect, explosion with grease and a spark making the target burn in those regions, sometimes they catch fully on fire.
Without a second thought, Saya shot exactly a line of bullets into the creature. Because Slindis had placed grease onto the Spidermite Centipede, it all flared up in fire making the creature screech and thrust it's head sideways.

"Oh man, it's pissed!! Slindis, use this for me will yah?" The Siren dug through her pocket and tossed a particular grenade to Slindis. It was a electronic device that deployed several amps and all connected- they form a circle that shocks whoever is in it. All Slindis would have to do is throw it into the wound, and the amps would fly out and shock the creature inside and out!

"Toss that sweet @$$ thing into it's wound and watch the sparks fly!"

Devon rolls a 14, breaking the hold!

The young man closes his eyes, focusing for a moment. "Agehea, he wouldn't go through all of this if he intended to kill me. Besides, when I die, I'm going to be coming back here. If you could wait until then, we could meet up again. Would that work for you? There's some very important things I need to do up there in the mortal world, and I do hope that I haven't offended you."

Devon tries using Diplomacy to calm the succubus with a roll of 14.

Tajuh gruffly waves the man over. "We follow her. She may be an anti-mage, but that doesn't mean she's invincible." He beat a strong pace, aiming to keep up with Kyre.

Kurumu | Puce | Melethia: Drop Group #4

Come on, just a bit closer..... and there! The elven girl fired three arrows in rapid succession, all headed directly for the Cyclop's eye as she jumped to another treetop.

Rugal
Rugal was less then impressed by what he saw was Cadolbolg treating him like a handicapped child.
After Ton Ton spoke his mind, he realised he was right on the money.
"....Get....Off....Me...." Rugal said in his best intimidating voice as Cadolbolg de-attached himself from his head.
The blind fighter marched on for several minutes until it was clear he'd lost too much blood and slumped against the base of a tree.
"....Cadolbolg. Justify your existence and get one of the healers over here before more arrive. I'd hate to render this species extinct...." He said, despite knowing he was out of his depth.

David West
Despite a joined offensive against the mutant fly, It didn't seem to flinch even when David used Flame Rounds.
"Gah! I hate mutants! Fall back!" David said as he motioned for everyone to run, him covering the rear as Kud, Riki and Elena fled.
He raced after them too, blindly firing (Least for a master marksman anyway) over his shoulder as he did in hopes of doing some damage.

Devon lightly embraced the succubus before she left. "That's no problem. Now take care of yourself, you hear? I don't want to have you getting hurt before I could treat you to a dinner from me." As the two left the castle, he turned to Lucifer. The Prince of Lies saw two large things from that scenario. First, he had broken through the elder succubus' Allure, which a rare few men could claim. Second, he had managed to ensure that Lucifer's former wife would let them go with some well-placed words. It may just be the start, but the young man was tapping into great potential, even if he was a bit trusting.

"Why no. I mean, I ran into them a few times while RPing as Slin back when I was starting, but it was a long time ago. Besides, we got out of there just fine, and it would have been rude to turn her down." The young man's confidence was already far greater than what it had been when he had first pleaded to assist Lucifer, and the fact that he had gotten through the Lust section without being corrupted was impressive in itself.

Tajuh looked back at the man. "Mark, I know she's not exactly the best person to be working with right now, but grit you teeth. If you want to try looking into the profile that was put into that chat by that man you think is my author, you'll not find much about what makes me tick. Now go!" As they kept moving, the ungergrowth seemed to be shifting underneath their feet.

Kurumu | Puce | Melethia: Drop Group #4 and Cadolbolg | Ton Ton | Rugal: Drop Group # 6

"Good move, Skyhair! Now, you might wanna watch this..." The girl prepped the mix of Byeshk in that acid bottle, then threw it at the cyclops before firing an arrow tipped with mithril, and the resulting reaction when the arrow pierced the glass filled the area with electricity which horribly electrocuted the cyclops. Cadolbolg saw the huge charge and heard the horrible scream of the cyclops.

Devon | Fire Imps | Lucifer:

As they continued on, Devon decided not to mention that Lucifer was mostly right when he brought up the people that would be affected by his death. "I got out of there, and that's what matters." He looked at the two armies, trying to see if he could make out any important details. "So, what are they fighting about?" As he asked this, he pulled out the guitar, feeling out a few songs as he did so.

Tajuh nodded. "You're unsure of what to do, not fully aware of how to move without angering someone, and more than a bit scared by what the stakes are. Don't worry, it's natural for you to feel that way. Make it a point to get past that, though." The group still had a very uneasy alliance, all dependent on what Kyre aimed at doing.

Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Cadolbolg | Ton Ton | Rugal: Drop Group # 4

Melethia grinned. "And that's why i wanna learn more from your mixes. I mean, I can always get better." Upon hearing Cadolbolg's request, she rolled and leapt onto the young dragon construct which was still in the air. "Okay, mister construct, take me to him~"

Rugal
After several minutes of making their way though the jungle, Melethia and Cadolbolg joined up with Rugal and Ton Ton.
"Cadolbolg got friend Melethia to help you."
Rugal was...less then pleased.
"...Melethia?...Remind yourself of what I asked you to do. Get. A. HEALER! You had one job, ONE JOB!" He shouted, clearly the blood loss and pain starting to get to him.
From what Melethia could see, he had deep bite marks on his right arm and several barbs stuck in his shoulder as well as the flesh of it being torn off.

Rugal
Melethis began pulling out the barbs, making sure to get them out completely before she patted down the injured areas with a potion-soaked cloth, blotting the blood and slowly sealing the wounds. "Sorry, Wheathair, I'm still not too good at this..." The young girl sounded disappointed as she tried her best to help Rugal, although it was clear to Rugal that Teri was better trained in this.

bluecrimson:

Melethis began pulling out the barbs, making sure to get them out completely before she patted down the injured areas with a potion-soaked cloth, blotting the blood and slowly sealing the wounds. "Sorry, Wheathair, I'm still not too good at this..." The young girl sounded disappointed as she tried her best to help Rugal, although it was clear to Rugal that Teri was better trained in this.

Despite his anger at Cadolbolg's failure to get one of the group's Healers, Rugal was in fact grateful that someone who could actually help him showed up.
"Don't be. Better then nothing..." He said, wincing a little from the potion coming into contact with his torn skin.
"Still don't understand why the others split up, I mean, they were right behind me and yet, I was left with no support or nothing. Me! King of Fighters! I'm starting to question just how these "Heroes" get anything done..." He added, a hint of anger for his lack of support.

David | Elena | Kud | Riki |
Drop Group: #3
Time: Late Morning.
Weather: Black clouds and lightning.

With everyone firing upon the mutant insect, the dragonfly... thing could not face such a force and fell to the ground and started to quickly bleed out and die. Luckily everyone began to run away when it died, the unlucky part is that all it's comrades, friends and family were attracted to the dragonfly's blood and began eating the corpse with their black hole of a face.

If that wasn't unlucky enough... the noise from the running through the bushes and everything began to attract the giant group of mutant dragonfly. As the buzzing got closer and closer, Riki looked behind with curiosity, the only thing he could see is a wall of mutant flies. "Everyone... DO... NOT... LOOK BEHIND!" Riki said, but everyone only looked behind, "Okay then... just run!" Riki yelled as he saw a cliff and the rushing of water over it.

This only meant that a source of water was over a cliff, it could be a river... or it could be a waterfall. Riki stopped at the edge with everyone behind him. The bugs were twenty seconds away or so, "What should we do?" Kud said as she looked over the cliff to only see a rushing river.

Disasterchild:

Devon looked at the man charging him and blasted him with a gust of wind, knocking him over. Okay, this isn't too bad... Just don't die? He put the guitar on his back and leapt into the fray, having the wind swirl around him to make him more blurry as he slashed at the enemies. It was worse than the fight from earlier, but he learned from that fight to aim at the enemy's vulnerable spots.

For someone that had only started fighting with a blade less than a few hours ago, he certainly picking up fast.

[quote]

Tajuh shrugged. "It's something that every person learns on their own. I would suggest not getting in too deep, considering your skill, or lack thereof. Try using your mind, since you probably wouldn't seriously challenge someone physically." Although he was blunt, Tajuh spoke from experience.

Melethia laughed at the older man's irritation. "Wheathair, ya expect help every time? I mean you did jump before everyone else an' all." Although somewhat rough, the girl's way to tend to the man's wounds was somewhat effective, although no match for Teri or Slindis' expertise.

Ton Ton only sighed in relief as Cadolbolg returned with allies in tow. As Melethia did her work, Ton Ton spoke up: "Melethia is right, it was your decision to forge ahead without backup. You're lucky we have a healer at all, much less one who doubles the task with attacks; if those explosions were anything to go by...."

It was an interesting juxtaposition, to hear such a childlike voice speak with the same tone as adults would to one another, and lecturing Rugal no less! Clearly, the little lizard had his fair share of experiences with combat, even if it wasn't quite with the same beings that they were dealing with now.

He too was resting against another tree, and taking silent notes about his condition. Thankfully, his tough constitution held through, and the worse of it would just be him being sore in the morning. That was when he remembered what Cadolbolg asked him, and he thought to himself, "Hmn... Why did I join the Rising Dawn indeed. Aside from doing the right thing, why am I even here? I know I need to protect Ms. Teri, given her status as my Author, but... I remember something far more precious than that. I remember..."

That's when it came flowing back to him: The Mistress! He fought so hard because he wanted to find The Mistress. If he did not return soon... "The Daemons. Oh no... How could I have forgotten?! Well, I suppose my existence was on the line for a while."

As the Tonberry contemplated all this, occasional grunts of complaint came from the King of Fighters over his treatment.

As the worm worked its way through the walls, Dimitri kept a sly smile as his face remained in his book. He had quietly challenged himself that if he had to look up from it, then the defenses would not be sufficient for his Lady's files.

"Miss Vermilion, please do not take this the wrong way, but do you think that my Lady would be so foolish as to program CERBERUS with the exact same qualities as his mythological predecessor? I think you don't give her enough credit."

As he said this CERBERUS had already begun to tear into the zombie warriors, the snakes growing from it's hide being exceptionally sufficient at disarming the zombies as the trio of heads did their dirty work. However, Dimitri knew that another force lurked in the guarded files. A fail-safe should the watchdog fail... Furthermore, if worse came to worse, Dimitri still had his trio of allies at his disposal; but would that be considered cheating if he deployed them? Furthermore, his presence could be away elsewhere; and he would require the assistance of his attack-trio if he wanted in. So, he silently waited, the whirring light in his amber eyes glowing silently as everything went on.

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America

David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis: Drop Group #3

"HEY YOU TWO!!! RUN!!!" Elena screamed as she witnessed a several mutant dragonflies came through the portal before Elena could slam them shut.

Random encounters were indeed a given on Pandora, as psychos and what not would come out doing the oddest things but this was actually more unexpected then anything. Saya gazed as the giant dragonflies swarmed in and because of the mass numbers.. there was no way she could fight them all off despite being able to handle this centipede.

"What the F***!? S***!" Saya cried out as an instinct kicked in for her to run, as she called out to Slindis. "Forget that centipede Slindis, we have to bail now!" Of course, the centipede was actually able to throw Slindis off and turn around to strike at the girl once more with it's poisonous fangs, but a blaze of fire bullets hitting it's eyes made it flinch and back up. Saya took out 8 of her Tesla Grenades and said "I'm a crazy @$$ b**** for attempting this, but-"

She tossed all of them, one by one with the buttons pressed. The main electrical device would hit the ground, then deploy 4 smaller versions of it around with small lines of magnetic chains attached, the amps landing all around forming a circle in a wide area thus connect to shock everything within. Well, add that up with EIGHT of them plus upgraded to be more powerful and you have 40 amps overall, spread out on the field and ... let's just say everything besides allies (due to Saya's ability of it healing them) was getting utterly shocked. So much damage was being inflicted, that the Spidermite Centipede got the worst of it. 25 bolts going into it, and each of the dozen giant dragon flies getting shocked too. In fact, a few of their wings just ignited into flames and they crashed into the floor headfirst, while the Spidermite Centipede made a shrilling cry before it's wounds were completely opened up and suddenly- the thing exploded from the overload. Blood and ooze of dark red splattered everywhere getting on everyone, even the other four who've came such as David, Elena, Kud, and Riki.

".. . Eeeeewwww-
Nah I kid. That was F***ING AWESOME. But yeah, let's run now!! Before my grenades wear off, and I used all of them up!!"

Rugal
For the first time in a really long time, Rugal admitted his logic was flawed.
But he didn't tell anyone that!
"Oh come on! How many other places where there to land?! It was simple, We jump out and land, Land near me as I find the idea of jumping out of a stationary airship yet landing several hundred meters away to be rather questionable." He explained to both Melethia and Ton Ton as Puce and Kurumu arrived.
He was now a dirty patch work of mud, blood and bandages.
"Right! Let us press on, we've wasted enough time.....
*Ahem* also.....Thank you..." He muttered to Melethia before taking up his staff and leading the way.
".....Well?....What are you waiting for!?"

David West
It was all happening too fast for David to process.
Ok, recap, Running, Massive Swarm of Killer mutants, Portal, giant enemy centipede, Electricity, Explosion.
Conclusion: Fuck it
He thought as he wiped blood off his face.
"...I've so got to get me one of those..." He panted as the constant electrical charge gave the group a moment to catch his breath before fleeing again.

Cadolbolg | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Ton Ton | Rugal: Drop Group #4

Ton Ton only gave a little nod when he was lifted to Kurumu's shoulder, looking very much deflated from a moment ago. Clearly, the realization of his progress (in this case, lack therof) had hit the little creature hard, and his silence was a painful reminder of that. Instead, he fell into his grief, and quietly watched (and waited) for something new to happen.

However, one little phrase slipped the Tonberry's thoughts after Rugal spoke, "Treat them like equals, and perhaps they'd listen a little more intently."

Dimitri, despite appearing uncaring; was vastly aware of what had happened in his midst. However, he knew that CERBERUS was more than a one trick pony. No, the beast was a hellhound, a child of Echidna and Typhus ! A being of hellfire and endurance! NIDHOGG need not be called yet. No... The beast growled and slammed a paw down, causing fire to spring from the shock around it. The snakes hissed with equal ferocity, and several of the heads banded together to get the spears out of the Guardian's skin.

The dog growled, and stared intently at the group of zombies before him. With widened eyes, fires burst

Rugal
"Start acting like equals and maybe I will!" Rugal retorted as he marched onwards, cutting though more trees and vines as he did, despite using his staff to keep himself upright.
"Tell me, How close were we to the Temple before the drop? I think whatever Tomoya did to this place is affecting our ability to travel though it."

Caramel Frappe:
Leroy... Jenkins?

As the imps made sure to cover the man, he thought to himself. Okay, if I'm here to cool these guys down, I'm gonna have to find some way to calm them. Fighting won't really do it. But how? With the way that they're fighting, they probably wouldn't listen to words... Could that be it? He replaced his sword for the guitar and started playing a song, with his control over the wind serving to amplify the song.

Devon starts using Fascinate with a total roll of 18 after the roll is added to his perform check.

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America

Tajuh cursed under his breath as Mark Poofed off. "Why the fuck does that man keep charging off considering the people he's putting at risk just by being here? Does he want himself and them to die?" The man tries to track down Kyre in the dense forest, but the shift of uncorruption and recorruption made it difficult.

[u]Teri's group[/i]

As Teri walked on through the forest, Sadei mentally contacted her. How are you not losing your lunch? This area makes my very essence feel sick... The cleric could feel that the staff was wavering, even if it tried to keep strong.

Cadolbolg | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Ton Ton | Rugal: Drop Group #4

Melethia finished dabbing the wounds with the potion. They still didn't look good and Rugal was going to feel this when he was done, but the blood loss had been stopped. "There ya go, wheathair."

David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis: Drop Group #3

When the group gor to a safe location, Slindis sat down and patched up the last bits of the damage. "That was a close one." She wiped the rapiers clean before sheathing them again, and she looked like she had seen some better days.

Ton Ton's face darkened at Rugal's hubris, but spoke without malice, "I would imagine an hour or so walk from our landing. Furthermore, the trees density seems to wax and wane the further we go along. You are right, nothing is consistent in this place. The only thing I can look to reliably is the red dragon above us. Her position remains... mostly in time with the group we left behind. I can only imagine that the lack of fire means they're okay."

Altea | Angelus | Caim | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri : Drop Group # 5

Teri shrugged at the staff's observation, "God's grace, I guess. When I'm not having panic attacks about psycopathic Pokemon, I usually have a decent strength for gross stuff. Now, some parts of 4chan and reddit, that's where some of the really twisted stuff lie.... Wait, do you know about the Internet, Sadei? I don't know if Slindis has kept you up to date about modern stuff...

But, that's beside the point. I think what is keeping me going is... Well, I can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't feel alone, even when I am in my own head. Does that make sense? I feel like something's got my back now. That feeling alone can keep my going."

Rugal
It was then that Rugal remembered Angelus.
"Oh yes, I forgot about her. See if you can't relay our position to her. Even if the skies are to dangerous for flight, it'd be nice to know if we are heading in the right direction. or not." He ordered again as he hacked down a set of rather thick vines.
"I'll give him credit where due, He didn't make getting to the one thing that could stop him easy, but I must deduct points for allowing it to even exist. For all the years he fought Evil, he hasn't learned a thing...."
After a quick touch up from Melethia, He lead his group towards a small Clearing, using his staff to find a lack of vines.
"Melethia, You have a flare or something in those pouches of yours?

Melethia laughs as if that was a silly question. "Wheathair, I always have something like that. Can I get a spark?" She goes into the right hand pouch and pulls out an arrow wrapped in pitch.

Sadei cheerfully responds. Well, that's true. If you weren't here, I'd feel a lot less comfortable if I was alone. But this Slindis you're talking about, if that's the name of the Tarkanan that held me, she didn't mention anything of this internet you speak of.

Rugal's group

Ton Ton looked to Cadolbolg, "You're the only one who can reach her quickly enough. Ask her the positions and status' of the group with Ms. Teri, Jake, Caim and those other two in it, as well as where we all are in relation to the Temple, if you don't mind?"

Teri smiled and said, "Well, that's fine. The internet is something very wide and expansive. It is accessible from computers, you know, like the tablet I use. Anyway, the Internet is this thing that is accessed for just about any reason. It can be used to communicate with persons who are very far away, to buy and sell goods, or to share information. Literally, the possibilities are almost endless! If course, this sharing of information goes both ways. There are both good and bright things to share, and twisted, dark things to find. It all depends upon where you go and where you look.

But mentioning the Internet was only an example of where I've seen some twisted things... I suppose my experiences could say the same..."

"Ain't nothing going to stop me, remember that."

Her face was downcast for a moment, and then she shook the thought off, "But it doesn't bode well to dwell too much on the past. Sorry about that. I keep doing that to myself. What matters now is stopping Tomoya any way we can. But, I suppose the notion of that is scary too, right?"

Rugal
"Good, We have a back up in case our "Dragon" gets lost." Rugal said, clearly a jab at Cadolbolg's expense.
He kneeled down and felt the ground under him, getting an idea for what the surrounding area was like..
He frowned as his hand traced over a paw print
"....Tracks....Animal...Wonderful. Everyone keep alert and stick close. I can only kill so many of them if they attack in a pack." He warned before he proceeded onwards, leading to confused looks for the rest of the group.
How could he kill in the state he was in?

Rugal's group

Melethia followed closely, keeping an eye out for the beast that made the tracks. "Wheathair, try to be careful, okay? You're still hurt pretty bad..."

Sadei laughs. That sounds really neat, Teri. But what was that voice just now? I'll go and beat him up good if he tries anything!

Time: Midday

Kyre|Mark|Tajuh

Kyre leaped from root to root, casting a wayward glance back every now and again to see if those two men were still following her. And each time she cursed under her breath when she realized they were. The trees came closer and denser around her, branches swung low to let her swing over the longer jumps, and the placated animals made good emergency foot steps on her bounds.

The temple was becoming closer and closer, yet the darkness in the heart of the forest seemed to fad farther and farther into the reaches of her mind. Kyre stopped moving, standing atop a large branch on a high tree, and cast an overbearing look upon the length of the road toward the temple. She growled and waited for the two to catch up, before shouting back at them, "How come there isn't anything stopping us from waltzing into the temple. I thought this place was suppose to be dangerous."

BlackHarte

"The young master becomes cocky," he grumbled under his breath. BlackHarte was sitting in the Canteen, a large mug of heated coffee before him, fifty percent cream, and fully saturated with sugar. He had become strangely affectionate of the black bean brew after his first experiment with the materials in the Rising Dawn's kitchen. BlackHarte smiled as he took another sip.

Diablo1099:

Rugal
"Good, We have a back up in case our "Dragon" gets lost." Rugal said, clearly a jab at Cadolbolg's expense.
He kneeled down and felt the ground under him, getting an idea for what the surrounding area was like..
He frowned as his hand traced over a paw print
"....Tracks....Animal...Wonderful. Everyone keep alert and stick close. I can only kill so many of them if they attack in a pack." He warned before he proceeded onwards, leading to confused looks for the rest of the group.
How could he kill in the state he was in?

Rugal and Co

Were the Tonberry in a better mood, he would have corrected Rugal in saying that the collective as a whole could aid in battle, but decided that trying to tell the man otherwise would be like trying to convince a dog and a cat to create viable offspring. There was no fruit to it. Thus, he shifted a little on Kurumu's shoulder, and quietly whispered in her ear: "Is he always like this?"

Teri and Sadei

Teri's eyes widened at the notion that her new-found confidante had heard Bruiser's voice in her mind; but came to the conclusion that the staff would figure it out sooner or later. Now was time to come clean.

"You heard that, huh? Mhmn... I was hoping to not bring this up, but I suppose I can't really hide it from a person that lives in my head, now can I? Well... I... Um..."

The girl seemed to shake for a moment, and she took a deep breath to calm herself, and allowed the repressed thoughts, images and sounds to flow from her mind to Sadei. Wincing a little, she allowed the staff to see all that she had seen, heard and did regarding the brute; how she and Darren had conceived him as a one-shot Elite Mook, how he grew to be so much more, how he eventually moved on to attacking her, what came of it, and how she learned that he was alive again.

Her grip on the staff grew much more tense the more she allowed the staff to know what befell her at the hands of the monster. As she took another breath of fresh air, the flow slowly trickled away until it was gone. Her grip loosened when the last memory went back to where it belonged, and a single tear ran down her cheek.

"That is Bruiser, in all of his unholy glory. Now you know why I hate others touching me, and why I cannot speak properly. He is... He is a monster."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 . . . 830 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here