The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 . . . 830 NEXT

Slindis
Her defensive tactics paid off as the pair remaining realised they weren't going to get anywhere without help so they began to hobble away, hoping to get some re-enforcements.
Lest until they walked out into the open, 2 shots from the marksman going all Rambo in the centre of town was all it took.
Kill-stealing aside, her way was now basically clear as the entire living population was too busy combating David, Elena and Saya to bother with her.
So she picked up the trail of shoe-steps again and followed them into one of the huts.

Devon | Rugal | Teri

Teri, after finishing up her bottle of water, she looked at the two with mild confusion, "Devon, you did WHAT?!"

She was about to reach for her quarterstaff to knock some sense into her Writer friend, but wobbled a little before sitting back down, "You know what... I'll beat sense into you later... Ugh, man I didn't think the Weird Sisters liked inflicting nausea... I'll be right here. You go on ahead..."

There was another pause and Teri realized that this may be her moment to get the truth out of the King of Fighters, and added, "Actually... I need to talk to Ru -Mr. Bernstein about something. Could you please go on ahead, Devon?"

Devon | Rugal | Teri
Rugal gave Devon a strange look on the topic of selling his soul, clearly he showed extremely poor judgement.
And that's why kids shouldn't be given such power.... He thought as Teri addressed him.
"Ah, well, if this is about the drop pod, I'm sorry for the rather close call. I'm certain Viscus enhanced the accuracy of the pod to make up for the static interference, but he must have over done it. Must have him checked up on, his proformance has been lagging...." He said as he awaited what Teri was going to say.

Rugal, Teri, Devon

He nodded, taking the sleeping bag to one of the tents as he started relaxing and getting ready for sleep. Sure, this wasn't like any camping trip he'd ever taken, but he needed to get some more energy for the events that were sure to happen tomorrow. "At least she didn't kill me like Courtnee would have if I had told her that... I need to get my mind off that. Dwelling on that won't do any good now, and there's no time for that drama."

Slindis
As she followed the footsteps, she entered the hut and took a few breaths to calm herself. The fighting that was taking place here wasn't challenging, but getting lax wouldn't be a good idea.

Rugal | Teri

After Devon left the scene, Teri typed a few things on her Tablet, speaking as she did so, "I need to know how far you are involved with a group known as AIM. When Dimitri went to the Rising Dawn, he read the first line of your letter, so that Viscus would show up promptly. What he did not intend to find was... Well... This."

She held up the Tablet, and winced the footage and documents found by both AI were displayed; especially the clips with Bruiser involved. When it all finished, she pulled away her tablet, and looked at Rugal dead in the face, "I haven't told anybody because I wanted to give you the benefit of a doubt; but I still need to know... Are you... Are you greenlighting all of this? I know you're working with Viscus, and he's involved but... I didn't want to believe it. You wouldn't authorize such things after Tomoya ravaged New York; would you?"

Rugal | Teri
The expression on Rugal's face began to sour as Teri began talking about AIM and the Cartel.
Then she played the video....It wasn't bad enough that the Roid Monkey was now back to his former self, but the fact he felt the need to record it?
His blood began to boil and he was already thinking of how to fire him.
Then he realised just how screwed he really was.
A Massive joint offensive against key US targets, 1000% Profit, countless deaths, Viscus had stabbed him in the back.
"...Viscus... Of all people, Viscus! The truest of the true... This is the worst betrayal of all!" He shouted, lashing out at a tree and nearly felling it in the process.
"....Bison, yeah; he was always corrupt, of course. Wesker, yeah: an idealistic, unpredictable loner. All the others, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah! But not Viscus. Has he gone crazy?" He raved to himself, though even as he felt the knife of betrayal cut deep, part of him was sad that he never came up with the idea.
"....Viscus has side-stepped my command, We put safeguards in place, but now...I did not authorize this..."
Then Teri remembered something, something else Rugal was extremely talented at.
Lying.

StormShaun:
Taking Minor control, Sorry about this mate. Hope I do them justice.

Slindis
She found the door to the hut ajar and sounds of...crying?
Realising this was the right one, she drew a rapier and burst inside to find-

"HOLD IT! I HAVE A.....gun...Oh.....Sorry..." Riki threatened the drow, aiming his .44 at her before he remembered who she was and lowering it.
Somewhat confused, she looked around and found 2 dead tribals, each one taken down with a single shot to the forehead.
He holstered the gun and finished undoing the crude rope the tribals tied Kud up with.
She seemed shaken, but no worse for wear.
"...Riki..."
"Told you I'd save you..."
The loving scene was broken up by gunfire from outside and David shouted "I'd like to remind you, I'm not Racist! You are all just assholes!"
"Right...Let's get out of here."

Time: Night

BlackHarte

"Terminate them and get moving. Their reality has already broken off from their original thread. No point in keeping an extraneous world around after all," BlackHarte frowned and massaged his temples thoroughly, "things that aren't OC's give me a fucking headache. Maybe a little more so than dealing with an OC, but not by much. Everyone is so troublesome."

He picked up his mug and sipped some coffee before flipping through the elven book once again.

---

Rosario and Vampire... (?)
Time: December 31st 2008

Armageddon

Armageddon rolls 28 with +13 base modifier for Great Chaos Firestorm.

Armageddon fell backwards from the attack, only Moka's really, as the washbins did not hurt him, and the ice melted before it could even attempt to pierce his fine black armor. He took a step back and placed his two hands together, fire spread from within his armor and consumed his arms. The warhorse whispered a quick prayer the the Witch of Izalith, the Bed of Chaos, and the Mother of Pyromancy before raising his hands up into the air and said indifferently, "Be consumed and bother me no longer. CHAOS FIRESTORM!"

Twenty Eight great pillars of magma and fire burst forth onto the school grounds, incinerating and devouring the dirt, trees, houses and nearly the entire school grounds. The lava spread outward and tore apart the scenery in great waves, cresting with winds of heated air and embers. "Sorry Director, it looks like your school did become a target for the Chaos Servants."

Her turned to leave, walking out toward the ceaseless magma flows and vanishing into the billowing ash.

"BlackHarte, when did I become your errand boy."

---

The (Un)Real World
Time: January 15th

Armageddon | Mark

The one rule that he had to follow, was that his power and form was restricted based on the native level of the dimension he traveled to. So naturally, as soon as the dark fire splayed forth in the realm of no magic, did Armageddon step out onto the sand nothing more than an actual armored warhorse, much to his personal or rather equestrian chagrin.

He took a gentle step forward, and his black iron horseshoe sunk deep into the sand on the beach. The weight of his armor would indeed be an issue. He could feel the sand rushing at him already. He was slowly and steadily sinking. But like any rational sentient creature, Armageddon picked himself up by the boo straps and hopped, literally, over to Mark's bungalow before banging his head on the door in lieu of actually having to find the doorbell ringing device while trying to avoid standing on the sand.

---

Kyre | Kurumu

"I understand that you can't ever see me as anything more than as a child," she sighed sadly, as she hugged Kurumu back. The pain was going away, but her shadow did not return yet, "So all I ask is that no one ever takes you away from me... in any way." She was smiling sadly now, a fake smile that she grit her teeth to put on.

It didn't matter to her that Kurumu already had someone. Puce could be easily disposed of, the only matter was time and circumstance.

"I'll be happy if I can just hold you whenever I want."

Slindis
Slindis nodded and barked out a command. "Stick close to me if you want to get out of here alive." She began making her way through the streets, making sure to touch her left arm to blanket a major street area with fog: the signal Slin had told the group about earlier.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Nighttime | January 1st

Drop Group #1: | Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Jake | Ton Ton

Angelus was struck dumb at the notion that Cadolbolg wanted to fight for her's and Caim's sake; and embraced her brave little boy, "We are always proud of you, little one; regardless of what you do... However, I do not think Caim and I will settle for quite some time. He is still full of energy to fight, and I will always be by his side. Come now, let us find him and deliver the news..."

She got up and tapped Jake on the shoulder, "Jake, Ton Ton, Cadolbolg, and I are going on ahead to find Caim and Teri while you get your things sorted out. We'll see you then."

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

After the spear broke the stone hand, Caim found himself flying backwards and felt his back land into a tree; knocking the poor thing over. Now it was Ella's turn to be over Caim, a position she was not slow to notice, "Ooh~! What a gentleman, letting a lady take the lead.."

That was when Caim struck, bringing his family sword in an arc and making the Succubus jump back in surprise. When he forced himself up, she balked at his strength. Clearly, this pact thing made humans tougher than they looked. After he was up, she could see that the weapon in his hands had changed to a strange and vaguely familiar Scythe; and he charged her with it. When the first strike made the weapons bounce off each other, she heard his mechanical voice roar from the PDA; "I don't care if any women swoons over me! They aren't- They aren't the same as her! They never will be!"

What was this? Did the succubus touch another nerve? Before she could contemplate the thought further, Caim was coming at her again with the Scythe.

Teri was relieved for a moment, and then the horror of what she realized struck her. He could easily have been lying to her. He had done so to the Heroes time and time again. Why wouldn't he lie to her? She wasn't special. The realization of that hurt her far more than she could have imagined. Of course she wasn't. This was a cartel-lord, and mass criminal. Why would she influence him? Bring out the good in him? What a joke! She bit her lip to prevent the tears from coming, but like many other times before, she wasn't very good at keeping them under control when she was upset; even if she was good at saving face after a good cry. A choking sob escaped her throat, and then she grit her teeth, fury breaking through her as much as the sadness. The tablet shook as her conflicted emotions poured out of it:

"I can't believe you! Even after all this, the trouble I went to make sure that I could ask you first; because I really wanted to believe you. I show you the facts, and yet you STILL LIE TO ME! You've got some nerve, Rugal Bernstein! Of course, being self-obsessed might do that to someone. Tell me right now why I shouldn't email this to the whole camp? Because I'm really fucking tempted to start a witch hunt on your ass! And, no, don't even think about death threats, because I just brokered a deal with the Fates! No one is connected to me anymore!"

It was quite funny, on an objective scale, to see the girl had turned just as red as her (former?) friend did; even though she had no physical chance against the King of Fighters. That didn't stop her from gripping her staff in a combat ready pose. A shame no-one would see how furious the little Cleric could be if pushed.

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

Dimitri smiled again at the thought. If it were his way; he would happily return to the time where his main concern was making sure the Tablet ran properly. "That is very true, Ms. Vermilion. I wonder... I was created in a hurry; I wonder if there are other flaws in my programming I need to watch out for?"

That was when his home began to shake again, and Dimitri rose to the occasion of maintaining his home.

Rugal/Teri
Rugal clenched his fist, It was clear he was being set up, she knew it, she wouldn't have waited this long otherwise.
Sheer boiling anger filled his entire being as he began an enraged growl.
Despite her resolve, she couldn't help but feel pure terror race though her system as the crime lord took a step forward.
Then he burst out into a sprint at the writer, shiftly disarming her, grabbing her by her robes and going to slit her throat right there and then.
All anger in Teri disappeared and was replaced with sheer panic and fear as she closed her eyes as her death neared
She peeked out and saw Rugal staring blankly into space, all the rage was gone, "What the hell just happened?" was written all over his face.
Right before he went for the kill, it clicked.

Viscus had won, He had lost.

He dropped the cleric and walked away, completely shocked at this outcome, without breaking a single rule or guideline set to control him, Viscus had still beaten him.
It was like he was 18 again, he had lost.
Goenitz was right.
Thus he returned to the main group, his expression remaining in a completely shocked gaze.

Slindis
Riki and Kud nodded as he carried his lover while following the drow.
David was still firing at the remaining Tribals, sending them Elena's way as the Fog appeared.
"And about damn time!" He exclaimed as he tagged along with Slin and Co to safety.
All and all, it was a rather successful rescue.
Though David was going to punch Riki in the face for racing off like that and making things harder for the group.

In those vital moments before Rugal was about to close in for the kill; Dimitri found an anger of his own rise in his breast; filling his body and digital soul with pure hatred for the man that made his Madam suffer so. Thus, the send was made; and everyone on the Rising Dawn who had something digital on their person now knew of what Rugal was involved with. Even if his home were to be crushed seconds after this; he would be happy to know that his Madam would be avenged. No one hurts his Lady and gets away with it. In his haze of anger, he did not notice the new message on the screen until things had calmed down again.

"What now?" he wondered to himself as he began to open the message.

Teri didn't move from the spot even after Rugal had gone back to camp; being frozen in shock from the ordeal. Why didn't he kill her? He was clearly about to forgo on his promise a moment ago. What made him stop? Teri shook her head in confusion, and numbly forced herself to get her staff and hide under a nearby tree. If Rugal was back in camp; she didn't want to be anywhere near him. Shivering under the tree in question, she sniffled as she was crying again; the full pain of everything that just happened washing over her. No connections to her creations, the realization that one she looked up to was a phony, and Bruiser being back to his former glory. Everything was too much. As she started falling asleep; she wondered if the death would have been such a bad thing after all...

bluerocker:
Offline now

After the moment had passed and Rugal had fled, Dimitri opened the Message

Subject: Thank you

To: Dimitri

On behalf of the Viscus Mk3. and All of AIM's personnel, I would like to thank you for ensuring that once Subject: Arch Angel Tomoya has been defeated, VISCUS will be the driving force in the new world.

As we speak, I am taking steps to have AIM save the world, something the Rising Dawn is unable to do it seems.

Why am I sending this to you?
Because even from the moment of my formation, I was never a program, I was Brain Scan of one of the most intelligent men in the history of man.
So I can do the one thing very AI's can dream of:
Lie

Rugal Bernstein didn't order the attack, I did.
The messages you have sent will result in a 99.9% chance of a fatal incident that will result in the death of Rugal Bernstein.
There is nothing you can do to stop it.

I thank you for your persistence.
Persistence in Failure.

/Viscus
The second he processed it, the Message deleted itself.
There was nothing he could do to stop Viscus now.

Dmitri's House: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri vs. Viscus

Dimitri remained frozen as the full gravity of what just happened filled his digital mind, the final paragraph:

The messages you have sent will result in a 99.9% chance of a fatal incident that will result in the death of Rugal Bernstein.
There is nothing you can do to stop it.

I thank you for your persistence.
Persistence in Failure.

echoing painfully as he understood what had happened. His breath quickened, a motion entirely unnecessary in AI programming, but still remaining in his, as he leaned against a wall of the room.

"I've signed his death warrant... User: Rugal Bernstein is dead because of me."

Vermilion looked confused at Dimitri as he contemplated this. "Dimitri? Report status?"

Dimitri looked at Vermilion; horror coloring his face paler than usual; "Viscus. He's played us as Mozart does the piano. It's because of me... I led to Rugal Bernstein being framed and spreading chaos to my User! I am no personal assistant! I am a Golden Apple aNd... AnD.... I... Do... noT... I... DOES. NOT. COMPUTE!"

Digital static tore at Dimitri's form and Vermilion realized what was happening. As Dimitri felt he failed his functions; he was trying to destroy and reconstruct himself into what he believed to be a better form of himself. The "New Dimitri" would be a different entity entirely; even if the base data was the same. Essentially, it was an AI's form of suicide.

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Teri looked at Lucifer in surprise, but realized this was indeed a dream, and decided to take it as such; "Tell me about it... I almost died two times today, and by the same man no less..."

To Teri's pleasant surprise, she could talk properly here... Yup, definitely a dream.

She buried her head in her knees, and her shoulders shook a little, "I'm so stupid."

"Why do you say that?"

"I trusted a man who could have easily cut my throat; I... I looked up to him when my heroes wanted nothing to do with me. All because he promised he wouldn't hurt me. How pathetic is that? Are you sure God wanted me to help save the world? Because I'm doing one shitty job at it."

"THEN A FOOL I WILL REMAIN!" Caim screamed through the PDA as he switched to Slaughterism and attacked back in one fluid motion. The green longsword's glow was a good contrast to the rest of Caim; light from the blade dancing as he swung it back and forth at the succubus.

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Jake | Ton Ton

"THEN A FOOL I WILL REMAIN!"

Angelus was torn from her reverie of watching the children when she heard that familiar voice scream through her mind. She had forgotten that she had set up the block between them. When she reached into their minds to remove it; she found that a similar one was erected by Caim in place of the one she had. She focused her mind for a moment, and then began tearing through the woods. If her fool of a human was in trouble, then she would be there to aid him. That was part of the deal, after all.

Disasterchild:

[quote]

Dmitri's House: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

...Light... There was light. Heat. There was heat. Heat? Wasn't that bad for processors? That needed to be rectified right away. No.. The heat was in front of him... Him? Ah yes, 'him', the pronoun used for male entities; such as himself. Self? Yes, his name was Dimitri. Dimitri was.. "Me. I am Dimitri."

Opening his eyes, Dimitri noticed that the source of the heat was the fact that Vermilion had herself attached to him via oral contact; an impractical process of humans that should have no place with AI. However, he could not deny that the sensation; despite lacking several key anatomical parts necessary; such as hormones, to properly imitate how humans engaged with one another; it was... Nice. However, as much as Dimitri wanted to revel in the situation that was upon him, he also realized that he had not changed at all. His data was very much the same as it was before. Not a hair was out of place, and not a single book had moved from the shelves he used to collect all of his data. Everything was as it was.

It was after noticing all this, that Dimitri finally moved away from Vermilion's face, and with a questioning tone, he could only murmur, "Ms. Vermilion?" in wonder. She had stopped his reprogramming. But why? He was a flawed model.

Teri's face lifted ever so slightly, and she looked upon the face of the Prince of Lies. In that instant; a pit of shame filled her stomach. As much as she accused Rugal of being self centered, she too had been wrapped up in her own thoughts and feelings. She was no different than her accusations.

As she contemplated this, Lucifer noticed that the landscape of the area had changed; and lo! he had invoked the story well. There they were, sitting in a desert with several figures barely visible in the distance. One with a sword, another with long hair and the last in Red. Their backs were turned for the moment, save for the Red-clad one. Lucifer didn't even have to think about who it was that began to approach them. It stopped, and loomed overhead the duo as it cast a shadow over the girl.

She looked back up at the figure that stared her down, and asked, "A trial of confidence? That is fitting; as I have little of it to spare... Except for those few moments before I was charged. Looking back, that was incredibly stupid of me."

She laughed a bit, "Kind of like a BB gun versus a tank! Well, that's not my skillset; but it wouldn't hurt if I knew how to wield Sadei properly. Now trust me, Sir, I want to fix this; but I've no idea where to start. No doubt, Dimitri's set the files and he might be killed for all I know!"

Clutching herself a little closer; she said, "I just want us all to be friends again; even if we fight and snap at each other's throats every once in a while. Now, I have to ask, Sir... Is it bad that I even want that to happen, despite what circumstances have just come to pass?"

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Jake | Ton Ton

Caim's face, despite not moving an inch from it's normal scowl; showed so much more in his eyes. Confusion hide behind those eyes as the Succubus said those words, and could be heard when he asked, "What? There is nothing for you to believe in like that. I have told you multiple times already! I do not care what you say, my feelings will not change! Even as impossible as it seems, Angelus has never denied me; and that is reason enough to hope!"

"What?"

Caim turned in horror when he heard that voice, and realized that Angelus was standing right there; most likely the whole time he said all of that. Caim's face blanched upon realizing this, and began to back away slowly from both of the women.

The (Un)Real
Time: January 15th

Armageddon | Mark

Armageddon nodded his head and snorted at at Mark. The heat of his breath filled the small room. It was unfortunate that he could not communicate in this world with as much ease as he could in the previous one. To try and get the point across he placed the bottom of his head ontop of Mark's head and neighed, the black iron armor upon his skin rattled slightly.

---

Kyre | Puce | Kurumu

"Well," she said softly as Kurumu wiped the blood from her face, "are we going to be moving soon? I'm really starting to get... ah... stir crazy."

Akane led her Author on with a mixed look on her face. She was helping him, but it was so demeaning for him! "Jake, how can you stand being bound? And Blinded as well! Can't you do anything for him Aftan?" She asked.

For what it was worth, Jake displayed his utter lack of shame with regards to his dress and look by standing tall and proud. He looked really friggin creepy to be honest, a Blind Man walking with eyes closed and wearing a Shadow Collar that jingled with every damn step.
"Gabrielle, when I get my sight back, you are fair game. These bells are right FUCKING with me hearing. Thank the Gods someone SENSIBLE has the leash, cos I got no situational awareness right now.... And there is nothing to be done Akane, this is all in my mind."

"But you told me, you showed me that you're insane! I didn't think the insane could be broken!"

"Yeah, I thought that too, but part of me evidently missed the friggin' memo. Now, everyone shut up, I think I just heard Caim shouting."

The four crossed over the path and into an opening, standing on the edge of the fight going on between Caim and Ella. The three girls stopped, but Jake did not. His strong steps tugged the leash out of Akane's hand as she gasped and took in the situation. Jake stopped after a few more steps, noticing the lack of tension.

He was right between Caim and Ella.

"Oh fuck me. Alright, everybody stop moving so I can get me bearings when these damnable bells stop jingling. Or someone come get me. As long as I ain't standing in a minefield or some shit. Oh bugger, I am aren't I?"

Dmitri's House: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

Dimitri slowly walked to Vermilion's side, his approach making it seem as if he was afraid she was going to disappear or shatter into a million pieces. Taking her hands softly in his gloved ones, he looked her over and gave a sigh of relief; "Everything is accounted for... As for myself... I am as I was."

His brow furrowed, "But you were almost lost, Ms. Vermilion. Why did you do that? I was re-configuring to a better model; one with less errors and malfunctions. One that could better imitate human life than before! Why did you stop that? I could have made myself a better aid for the Madam..."

After Lucifer disappeared in her mind, Teri found that the desert and the darkness faded away as well, leaving her in nothing. She had slipped into a dreamless slumber; finally. One without torments or terrors to attack her mind. As for her body, that would be another matter....

The once serious atmosphere had been broken as soon as Jake walked in bearing his "regalia" for the gathered group members. Surpressing a laugh; Caim waved his hand, and allowed for Ella to leave the increasingly awkward scene. After she did so, Angelus approached and in their shared mind, asked, "You still haven't answered me. What was all that I just heard you say? Come now, no one can hear us."

Caim fidgeted a little in his spot, and reached a hand for her shoulder, "They say actions speak louder than words... And I'm not entirely good with words. Would it be alright if-"

"By all means..."

Caim gave a cocky smirk at the interruption, and slowly leaned towards Angelus' face, the hand that rested on her shoulder moving to cup her cheek instead, blue staring directly into red as he approached. The dragon did not move as she felt breath on her face; ignoring any scents that threatened to overload her sharp sense of smell as his li-

"Hello? Where the hell is everyone? Why's it so quiet?"

The approach halted, and with an exasperated sigh, Caim's forehead lightly tapped Angelus' instead of the original plan he had in mind. However, the smile on the dragon's face was more than enough for him, especially when her voice that entered his mind; "Understood... But, perhaps this can be discussed a little later with fewer distractions?"

The lightest of grunts escaped Caim as the two broke away, and Caim tapped his wayward student on the shoulder, "Boy, what the hell are you wearing?"

To the side, Cadolbolg and Ton Ton watched the whole spectacle with equal parts surprise and joy.

Jake turned to the sound of Caim's voice, and his voice elicted surprise. "Fucked if I know Sir, a collar that fuckin' jingles every step I take and a leash so I can be led. I'm still blinded, Angelus can fill you in, basically Fire therapy gone wrong after a Shadowy fight. Didn't realise we were right on top of you, figured one of my 'companions' would stop me getting into any trouble, but here I am."

Akane ran up to him and grabbed the leash dangling loosely and giving it a good tug. "Come on Jake, we should really get you set up in a tent for the night! Sorry Caim, Angelus!" she said in a rush, not exactly stupid. She grabbed Gabrielle and Aftan on the way through, dragging the Shadow Knight as Aftan followed with the slightest of smirks on her face.

"No protesting I'll explain when we get there and HAVE SOME DINNER!" the Kitsune said loudly as they left the Pact Partners alone and entered the camp.

"I already know Akane, heh heh heh... I wonder what Teri will think of when they break the news?

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

Ella shook the girl to find that she wasn't moving outside of the bare minimum to keep alive, and from the way her tunic had two large holes in it, she could see that the young girl had recently avoided a brush with death. The feelings were nonexistent from the girl, much like any person she'd seen that put themselves into a coma.

How seemingly nobody in this camp had noticed this in the entire camp was surprising, especially since she was the youngest person there by far. Unfortunately, since Caim hadn't dealt with her at all, the Not!Caim that had absorbed her couldn't give Ella the girl's name.

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

She heard a young girl's voice echo through her head. "leave me alone. it's safer in here." It was pretty easy to guess it was the elf's voice, and it was tinged with a deep sadness. Even at this base level of contact with the girl, she could feel that her mind was filled with dangerous thoughts that would quickly overwhelm the unprepared. If Ella was going to try something, she knew she'd have to be ready, and she felt the stench of her father's interference in the girl's head as well.

What kind of girl was this child to get more attention from Lucifer than she had gotten herself?

Caim covered his face with a hand to hide the blood rushing to his cheeks when the rest of the group began to tease about seeing what they had seen. Angelus responded by lightly patting the warrior on the back. Even if he was brusque and somewhat antisocial; the man still had his pride. That was when Cadolbolg broke the news to his father about the pact they made. His eyes widened in shock, and Angelus 'sent' Caim the equivalent of the Cliff Notes version of that conversation so he could have the full context of Cadolbolg's reasoning for the pact, his expression softened and he patted the baby dragon; "Your concerns are appreciated, son; but do warn us before you go doing something else drastic? Next thing I know, you and your pact partner will want matching tattoos, or get married in Vegas... That is the city, right? Anyway... I'll trust you're decisions, Cadolbolg, I only hope that you do not come to regret your pact; be it because you dislike the price or because of any other reason. Now, enough of serious talk. Food is a good thing to focus upon at the moment."

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

"Do you trust me? Trust that I did the right thing for the both of us?"[/quote]

Dimitri nodded softly and gripped Vermilion's hands firmly but without causing pain, "I agree. If there is one thing that is truly in the fault, it is Viscus. After all, he started this horrible ball rolling; and it has been gaining momentum ever since."

Looking into her eyes, she saw that the despair that had filled them before was replaced by determination, "I believe we CAN defeat him, Ms. Vermilion. I will aid you in whatever way I can; I promise."

"why should i let someone in if they'll hurt me again?" Even with the mind link, Ella could barely feel any emotions from the girl save a small amount of sadness. Whoever this girl is, something had happened to her to make her not ay contact with the outside world again. She didn't seem angry at the succubus, though.

The girl's voice seemed disappointed at the mention of family. "family's nothing but a knife waiting to stab someone in the back. why should one even bother? and just because you won't hurt me doesn't mean you won't give me to a kinslayer that will..."

Upon the mention of moving her body, the voice seemed to not care. "why does it matter? no matter what's going on outside, i won't feel it here..." Something big had happened to shatter the girl's view on the world, and it was hard to tell what type of person she was before this.

Akane nodded slowly. "She did shout about giving him a speech in the Shadow Realm, and he says he was having therapy because he broke. If you put two and two together, she saved him, but I'm guessing at cost to herself. Do you know of anything that she would use to pep him up, bring him out of his melancholy? I mean, he's just a human, barely even a man. He spent so much time training on the airship... I don't know Aftan. But I trust Gabs, and Kokoa. I trust them. She will tell us when it's time. I highly doubt Jake is trying anything. I don't feel any happiness about women from him, more bitterness. I can feel his protective love, I think that's how you say it?"

Meanwhile, Jake stood at parade rest outside the tent Gabs was sleeping in. He still wasn't sure what he was doing there, but when the two ladies returned he was going to request a tent of his own, to allow them their privacy. "I've gotten too close to them already. Too close to everyone here. But still, it's nice to call people friends again..." he mused silently, his vacant eyes looking out upon the campsite, both pointing in different directions. Astigmatism sucks, but when you are blind, it doesn't matter so much.

*SLAP*

Akane looked at Aftan with tears in her eyes. "How could you say such things? I've changed since we fell in love, you've changed even more! How could you? We're family! We love and we adapt... We're family. We won't lose her unless we push her away ourselves... Or hurt her. Did we ever offer ourselves to her for blood to keep her alive? Mark and Jake did it with no hesitation! We never did..."

The Kitsune launched herself at Aftan, hugging her tightly and crying into her chest. "Come on my love, let's go to bed and hug her. I don't wanna let go after today..."

She perked up if only slightly. "i've got a name, but it doesn't matter much... and try me, miss. i'll see if I can show you this way, because i don't wanna say it."

Ella was hit with a wave of information A young girl around many other elves, panic as other elves go to slaughter the family piecemeal as they run across a forested country, being attacked by dozens of those elves as the scene shifts to a ruined temple in a jungle.

Another wave of information brings the girl being tended to by a dark blue skinned elf for days in the jungle, moving to a small hall and being enclosed in there, the girl finding how to get out and working her way to a island filled with pirates and overcoming many challenges there. Ella had a chance to take a breath as the girl moved her way through an area filled with intelligent undead and was called by what Ella could see was a military force after seeing her work through the issue, beating back another style of pirates in a heavily fortified island using an underwater passage to ambush the leader, taking out the pirates at a place called the Sentinels tower and blowing up an airship.

Now came the final wave of information. Her going to an island that was supposed to have some good challenges and getting captured by vampires and a long time being trapped in a cell with no escape, and being tortured to near-death multiple times as a lich that the girl identifies as family walks in and months of being on a pirate ship with someone called Mr. Cage, a friend from that pirate island. A blond haired man appearing on one of those ships and eventually leaves with the girl, forces her to remember the incident that caused her to leave her home, and finally getting horribly stabbed by the dark-blue elf when she thought she was going to be taken somewhere safe.

A few moments passed as Ella realized that the blond man was Lucifer and the memories from Not!Caim told her that the blue elf was called Slindis.

"Good night Master Jake." Aftan said as she passed the blind man and followed Akane into the tent.[/quote]

"Good night Akane, good night Aftan." Jake replied as he began to walk off, only to stop after a few steps. He was still blind. "One of these fuckin' days, I'm gonna fuckin' retire and not have to deal with any of this crap, just tend to tha cattle..." He muttered as he unclipped his sword from his belt, using the sheathed weapon as an impromptu sight cane. He made it outside the few tents that had bee set up before he tripped over the trailing leash that was still attached to the softly jingling collar.

"Ow fuck. Gods dammit... Well, it's all my own fault I suppose. *sigh*, just gonna find meself a nice tree and snooze there I suppose..." He said softly to no-one. Wrapping up the leash around his neck as a very poor fashion yet surprisingly warm scarf, he got back to his feet and navigated back to the treeline, away from the sounds of everybody. He kept walking for a bit until his sword went *THUNK* on a tree trunk. Jake wandered around the tree, nodding in satisfaction at it when he found two of it's roots provided a perfect sleeping spot. He sat down in it, stretching himself and finding a comfortable spot. He reached into his bum pack on his webbing belt and pulled out a floppy army hat and put it on, pulled way forward and covering his eyes. The sword by his side, he cradled his rifle in an uncomfortable looking yet comfortable position and he nodded off to sleep sitting against the big tree. If you weren't looking for him, you wouldn't see him, his long sleeve camouflage uniform making him blend into the underbrush and the tree itself.

Little did he know he was sleeping just a few trees from the other Authors, Devon and Teri.

Disasterchild:

[quote]

The girl lets up for a moment then lowers the defenses. "...come in, miss." Ella went into the girl's mind to see an ancient but well-kept room with tiles all over four raised sections of the room, creating an elaborate puzzle. The young girl could be seen in one corner of the room, moving some of the tiles around to get a blue beam of light to connect to some point. Ella could see that the girl had marked a few tiles with an X, clearly showing that they shouldn't be connected to the source.

"Hi, miss." She spoke up with an unusual lack of energy, especially from what a few glimpses of those memories had shown. After a bit, she sat on one of the catwalks, seeming disappointed that she couldn't get the puzzle.

Disasterchild:

[quote]

She nods and starts moving some of the tiles again. "The marked ones are trapped. Avoid them." From the looks of things, she'd spent a large amount of time in here without breaking the challenge. It would take some thinking outside the box to get this done, but she seemed stuck in an endless loop.

If Ella could break the girl out of her mood, it may help the progress.

David West
David and Slin managed to bring Kud and Riki to safety as Elena called to pull out.
"Negative, We've already punched a massive hole in their numbers and once they're gone, we can secure this area for when we enter the Temple, prevent a Angel ambush. Riki, Kud, Take cover in the trees and stay put, this is almost over.
Slin, Keep that fog up, keep them confused and immobile, Elena, Grid of portals alongside the fogged area, One man firing squad set up, you know what I mean. Time to clean up people." He ordered before he switched to Flame rounds.

The idea was Elena would set up a kill zone with portals, shooting Left to Right would result in the bullets passing though the enemy before entering a portal that would send them Top to Bottom, rinse, repeat until they were all downed.

Rugal
Rugal was extremely crushed by his latest defeat, First Rose and lily defeating him in combat, then Viscus out-thinking him on a scale he was only beginning to understand.
He walked past the rest of the group, looking over his shoulder as he did, wondering who would be the first to try their luck.
Before now, he could see himself beating every single one of them, but now his ego was MASSIVELY de-flated.
Stopping only to grab the wine bottle from the supply drop, he wandered around in thought, wondering how to get back at Viscus, unless he got back to the ship, his Vocal safeguards wouldn't work and it wasn't as if he could ask to borrow a phone or PDA.

Then he went past Melethia with some compete stranger he hadn't seen before (Ella) doing something to her.
"You!....What are you doing!?" He asked, his protective side coming up briefly.

Melethia was flown up by the succubus and looked around the room from all angles. "Hmm, this'll be tough." After slipping out of Ella's grasp, she began moving the tiles around while showing Ella a bit on how she could help. The succubus could see how the girl had issues with this room, but it seemed that they would have to light up certain tiles in each corner of the room while avoiding the ones the girl had marked off with an X. She'd already cordoned those ones off, so unless one of them made a path through one of the tiles, they should be safe.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis

Slindis focused on keeping that fog up while ensuring Riki didn't try to do anything stupid like charge into the killing zone.

Drop Group #1: Ella | Melethia | Rugal
"What's it look like? I'm taking care of the unconscious kid that you and everyone else in this camp has managed to ignore? Now... scuse me."

"......"
She was right, Rugal had completely forgotten about Melethia between all the business with Teri and Viscus.
He sighed and massaged his temples, this was clearly not a good day for him.
Somewhat defeatedly, he sat down beside Melethia opposite Ella.
"...Christ, not even a blanket. Tajuh..." He grumbled as he slipped off his jacket and used it to cover her up from the chill of the night, being careful not to break Ella's focus.
He watched sliently for a minute as Ella did....whatever she was doing.
"....So how is she? She'll pull though?..." He finally asked, beginning to grow concerned.

The girl looks down at the grould while working with ella as the two worked on the next section. "I don't know who you mean, but I don't have a dad... and I'll tell you my name after you give me yours when we finish." She starts moving the tiles around to see if they were trapped, and Ella could tell the girl was starting to get some more energy back as the puzzle continued.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis

Slindis made her way over to Elena and David with the two schoolchildren in tow, killing the stray villager that aimed to take Riki or Kud.

Drop Group #1: Ella | Melethia | Rugal

Rugal didn't really know how to react when Ella talked to her as if he was her father.
"...Two rapiers to the chest...held by a doppelganger of her mother...I was the one who healed her...but I'm not her father...Just a friend...Though you are right..." He answered, letting go of the target over his head for a moment as he held her hand.
"Tell her it's Wheathair..." He added, prompting a puzzled look from the Demon.
"...It's a nickname...I kinda like it..." He shrugged

David West
As Slin and Elena neared, David took over the reins of the "Kill box" he had his love set up, firing large flaming rounds into the grinder input, the shots plowing though all they hit.
....This is wrong.... David began thinking as he watched the tribals die en-mass.
Sure, they were all trying to kill them, but that didn't make it any easier.
Sighing, he resumed his efforts and the bloody end of this formerly peaceful tribe neared.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 . . . 830 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here