The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 . . . 830 NEXT

Rugal
Rugal enjoyed his brief spell of invulnerability while it lasted, the Shield of Fate soon burning out.
He looked across the battle field, depending on how well the Preacher handled Tomoya, they might beat the Dark Angel right here and now.
It was then he saw Melethia throwing around incendiary grenades at those who were foolish enough to under-estimate her with Slindis tearing apart the enemy in the distance.
For the first time since they came to this damn jungle, things were finally going their way.

Skies Above
Once the Drop Pod was filled up and the target was set, the Two Grunts up the Angel ship above prayed to god this would work, least a world of hurt be put upon them by Tomoya.
"Attention all units, Drop Pod inbound, Keep that Mech in place if you can..." He radioed in before he launched the pod down into the battleground below.

Slindis
As the Guardian Mech marched onward after fleeing Angels, an alert came up on her HUD...

"Lets see if your sword kills are good..."

As the blade neared The Preacher's neck, a flash of light blinded the Angel for only an instant, his strike was now being blocked. "I'm alright, could use some practice".

The Angel followed up his attack with a barrage of slashes, The Preacher deflecting each except for one, opening a wound on his left arm. The man barely noticed, although Tomoya could detect a slight grimace from the man. He replied with a slash to his face, his attack almost as quick as the Dark Angel's

Slindis
As the indicator started blaring more, she managed to look up to see the pod. Okay, looks like I'd better get out of this thing now... where's that way to get out? She fumbled around for the eject and bumped into the big red button sending her rocketing out. "Okay, Slin... let your instincts kick in..." She rolled up into a ball to lessen the impact when she landed as an explosion consumed the Guardian.

Rugal
The impact engulfed the Guardian Mech in a huge explosion and shot a tall cloud of dirt and metal into the air.
While this was a victory for the Angels, it was clear that the toll Slindis's time in the cockpit was too large for them to really call it that as they wearily went after the other crew members.

"Congratulations..."
They turned to see a rather pissed off looking Rugal glaring at them, clearly not a fan of the fact that they nearly killed Slindis.
"...You are all going to die at my hand. Try not to scream too much..."
With a enraged roar, he waded into the fight, easily overpowering much of the re-grouping forces, breaking bones and spilling blood with deadly efficiency.

"Ms. Slindis!"

Teri ran ahead to where Slindis had landed, hands already glowing with a healing spell (Level 2) by the time she reached her teacher. After placing her hands on The Paladin, something whizzed past her head, wind rushing though her hair as a shout went through the air,

"The kid's a Healer and a Spellcaster! SHOOT HER FIRST!"

The Cleric's eyes widened when she heard those words, and tried to lift Slindis closer to the wreckage of the Guardian to provide some cover, but opted to wave her hands and call up Snuffles again; hoping that he would provide ample distraction while she dragged the Paladin. The wolf barreled at the offending soldiers, it's cold aura making things a tad more difficult but due sheer numbers alone, the Cleric found fire coming her way.

"The kid's a Healer and a Spellcaster! SHOOT HER FIRST!"

Between the screams and pleas for mercy from the main group, Rugal heard the command and if he wasn't angry before, he would certainly be now.
"...What did you just say?..." He asked as he turned his attention to whomever gave that order.
Silence filled the air for a second as some of the soldiers realized who he was.
"...FORGET WHAT I SAID! SHOOT HIM! SHOOT HIM!" the officer corrected himself.

Though neither Teri nor Slindis saw what exactly happened next, the sounds gave them the details.
Gunfire raced though the air as one by one each of the men who dared to fire at the cleric were brutally cut down.
Rugal didn't even give them the courtesy of using his slashing aura, he instead choose to tear them apart with his hands alone.
Screams filled the air as one by one the guns fell silent.
Soon, only the officer remained.
"...Oh God...Look, I'm sorry, I was just following orders.
"...You mistake me for someone who cares..."

Teri managed to peer out from behind the wreckage in time to watch Rugal tear the officers torso clean off his legs, pulling out his spine in the process.
It was safe to say he was dead.
Very dead.
Once his bloodlust was over, Rugal walked over to the Cleric and the Drow.
"You two okay?..." He asked, clearly this was another day at the office for him.

Slindis

She took a few moments to recover as Teri's spell gave her a some energy then got up slowly. "Thank you, Teri. That's just what I needed." Slindis looked a bit worn out from the fighting in the Guardian, but drew her bow from her Bag of Holding and began firing arrows at the massive amounts of enemies focusing on them., getting some relief as Rugal viciously attacked the group.

"Rugal, thank you for the assistance even if that was more than a bit extreme..." She wasn't going to lecture him after having just saved them, but she was clearly caught off-guard by it.

Melethia

Melethia threw some more incendiary grenades at the massive crowd focusing in on Teri and Slindis, but that only served to anger the angels she attacked and drew their attention as a few began firing on her. "C'mon, can't ya guys just give up? Ya know you're losing a lotta kinslayers to keep this up!"

Devon

Disasterchild:
Respond to the talk from earlier in the next post, okay?

Having talked with Ella, he made his way over to the larger majority of the group and sliced at the angels where he could. "You'll have to do a lot better than that to hit me! Ella, we need to scatter the large chunk of enemies down there before this gets any worse. Let's roll!" He blinked in and out of existence as the two closed in on the rest of the team.

Devon casts Blink! 50% miss, reduced to 20% if they can see invisible creatures or fight while blind, and his attacks have a 20% chance to miss due to the blinking effect for the next 48 seconds.

Rugal
After hearing the comment about going too far from Slindis, Rugal shrugged and said "I already watched you die twice, I wasn't about to go 3 for 3. Now come on, this day is almost won."
It was then that gunfire sounded from Melethia's position.
"Dammit, Melethia! On me!" He commanded as he moved to engage the attackers, about to do a repeat performance of his Mortal Kombat routine.

Teri

Teri looked up to the King of Fighters after he returned from dismembering soldiers and gave only a small nod in response. If Slindis wasn't with her, the Cleric suspected that she probably would have made a mess of herself. However, she shakily forced herself up as Rugal began to charge the next group of soldiers. It was at this point Snuffles, the wolf, loped towards her, awaiting it's master's next command. It didn't get too close, for the moment it did, the girl pointed at Rugal and muttered, "Help him. Keep him out of range of your aura."

The wolf didn't need telling twice. Barreling after Rugal, the wolf tore into another soldier; it's cold aura making the wounds it made especially painful for the unfortunate souls who felt the creature's bite.

Like the wolf, the Cleric's eyes became dull and cold as it took in the spectacle about her, her mind doing what it did best in times of desperation: repression. Slowly, this memory would be filed away and forgotten when she went to bed; not to be remembered properly until someone reminded her. She would be happier this way, her mental processes assumed.

Angelus | Akane

The dragon continued towards the Rising Dawn; her fire now being focused upon any offending airships that dared come her way. Jaws full of flame, the dragon began shooting homing fire towards the ships that attempted to fire and knock off the kids. After another volley, she called out, "Hold on tightly, little ones, there will be turbulence on this flight!"

Inner Circuitry: The Rising Dawn AIs Dimitri and Vermilion

Dimitri noticed four new lifeforms showed up on their scanners, and called to his partner, "Ms. Vermilion! We have four User-based items approaching! If these are to be correct, it is Ms. Akane, Ms. Angelus, Mr. Riki and Ms. Kud. Should we begin cover fire? I am 97.938 percent certain they are the real Users in this database."

Corrupted Temple (The Counter Offensive):

Slindis | Teri | Sadei:

She hid a look of disappointment and sadness when Teri got the dull look in her eyes from the combat. That talk would have to happen right when they got back on the ship, but there were more important things for the moment. "The numbers are still great, but we're gaining ground! Stick close to me: we need to check on the condition of everyone else here." The two started making their way through the battlefield with Slindis keeping the angels at range with arrows from her bow greatly harming those trying to attack.

While they made their way through, Sadei did her best to comfort her wielder even though the amount of blood shed saddened the staff. Teri, please. You have to stop trying to do so much all by yourself... Could you please promise me that? You're way too nice to have to see all this sadness in your life and pretend like it's okay to pretend it never happened...

Melethia

ALthough the numbers were starting to prove to be a bit much for the girl, she tried to act like it was nothing as she fought the angels that were beginning to get quite angry with the small girl as she slashed at their ranks. For each one she managed to kill, three took their place! "Really, it takes so many of ya kinslayers to hit li'l ol me? If it weren't so sad, I'd be laughin' at ya!" For all her bluffing, though, she was getting worn out fast.

Devon | Ella

The man flickered in and out of existence as he sliced and stabbed through the ranks, managing to move through the outskirts of the crowd to attempt to back up Ella. "You think two ships will help you keep that stone in your fallen hands? That's nothing compared to the legions at our side!" At that moment, four portals silently popped up in one section of the battlefield with soldiers from the circle of Greed silently walking out and looking ready for a fight. The eerie silence from the infernal armies did much to unnerve the angels.

Devon casts Silent Image and Bluffs the slightly demoralized forces of Dark Tomoya to make them believe that Hell's armies are joining the fight! DC 15 mod to see through the illusion and the bluff, and they rolled a 2.

Slindis | Teri | Sadei:

"I cannot go through on that promise, Sadei. I must pull my share of the weight around here. If I can't handle it; then I don't need to be with The Rising Dawn."

Teri stuck to her guns, even if the efforts were futile. Calling up her Ice Badger, Teri did not allow the mask of ice (to speak in both a punny and metaphorical sense) to fall, and spoke, "Lord, bless these children, for they do not know what they are doing. May they find comfort in your arms when they reach your gates."

With similar brutal effieciency, the Ice Dire Badger began tearing into troops and cleared a path for the Paladin and her Clerical student. It was a strange sight, to see the emotive cleric turn so cold in a moments notice; and only watched with a dispassionate glare as Angels fell left and right.

Cutie Bruisers!

As Ton Ton pulled his Knife out of another soldier, he felt a piercing feeling go through his tail. With a shriek, he turned to the offending Angel, Lantern glowing with an unholy edge as Karmic Backlash began to emerge. With a glare that piereced the man's eyes, the last thing that Angel heard before death was two words in a high, almost childlike voice : "Everyone's Grudge."

An explosion of shadows burst from the Lantern and covered the Angel, screams of terror emitting from the black covering as it did it's dirty work. This, was all from a tiny creature no bigger than a house cat. When the Shadows cleared, a dark laugh came from the mouthless creature as it waved it's pale blue lantern at the troops, "Who wants to try their Karma? I'm certain spotless Angels like yourselves have nothing to worry about..."

Shivering from this display, and seeing the Hell's Army advance, the Angels shook in horror at the forces upon them,

"The fight like demons! They're unholy devils!"

"Retreat!"

"But what about Tomoya?!"

"I don't know!"

As the Angels wondered what to do with themselves, Ton Ton sent to his partner, "Good performance, eh? Nothing like a little darkness to scare the crap out of these guys! How about you give it a try?"

The Tonberry readied his knife again, and charged at another Angel's ankles.

Dimitri | Vermilion

Dimitri only smiled, and as he shot some more at enemy fire, he said, "Perhaps it is because of who programmed me, Miss Vermilion, but I have a little something that enables me to look past the protocols and figures... Faith. My Lady has proven to me via my own creation that the Users are capable of many feats that would otherwise be considered illogical or impossible. I will hold faith in their resourcefulness and their capability. If this plan is as it was, and the Stone of Light will aid in stopping Tomoya; look below. We've already taken a step in the right direction!"

Dimitri turned to his compatriot, and Vermilion could see the genuine look in his eyes. It was almost unfitting with the formal outfit the Butler wore, but charming in it's own sense, "If we loose hope now, Miss. Vermilion, then why should we have fought in the first place? Now please, don't look so down. It is most unbecoming on one with so much-"

The AI stopped himself, and turned back to his console, "Forgive me! I was too forward with that remark. Ahem! Business as usual then!"

David | Jake
"Well, apart from being unfit compared to all you, very low on the power charts, and a squishy human, not fuckin' bad. THAT'S FIVE MOTHERFUCKERS!" Jake said as he reloaded again. "looks like Caim is doing alright now, who else needs support?

"Dammit, Melethia! On me!" Rugal commanded as he moved to engage the attackers, about to do a repeat performance of his Mortal Kombat routine.

"Hear that David? Shift fire left to suppress!" Jake called out, removing another Angel on the path of Rugal, Slindis and Teri.

Angelus | Akane
Akane sliced yet another Angel open who dared to approach the Dragon in the air. She fell back into formation with the Dragon, waving at the kids. "Hey Angelus! Does getting 5 kills against Airborne Angels count for Ace status? Nevermind, let's nail that enemy Airship there! I sense Gabs and Aftan on the other one, so it'll be gone soon. I'll make a high speed pass, can you hit them whilst they are distracted with me?"

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Morning | January 2nd

Angelus | Akane

Angelus gave a hearty laugh at the Kitsune's jest, and allowed her fires to be an answer for herself. A casual challenge was issued, and the dragon flapped harder; propelling herself closer towards the Rising Dawn while releasing another volley at the offending ship. She chuckled to herself before releasing another volley; her pact mate was enjoying his sport moreso than usual... Most likely due to not having participated in it for some time. The anxiety and anticipation of the human's bloodlust washed over her, and she found this battle to be a tad bit more sweeter. Even so, she still remembered riders were upon her. A shame, she might have enjoyed the battle more.

Caim | Cadolbolg | Ton Ton:

Caim had already allowed his heart to fall into it's happier place where soldiers were concerned. His blade easily sinking into the Angelic flesh, Caim whirled around in his own personal circle of death-dealing. This was Caim of Caerleon these Angels were dealing with; and he would not fall easily.

"Follow your dad, gotcha!"

Ton Ton began speeding towards the mute and his pact partner, using his blade to hit unsuspecting Achilles' tendon on his way over to the mute; cries of pain following wherever the creature lay. His size was an advantage at this point, and he could hide among the sea of legs and yelling.

Airship Rising Dawn Networks: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

Dimitri rolls a 4 on an attempt to Bluff Vermilion... The poor sap.

Being cornered in his statement (and finding it very hard to deny Vermilion any sort of request), Dimitri decided to attempt to cover up the truth with an equally true statement. Looking away from his companion AI, he said, "Er... One with so much, er, Power! Yes, power. That is to say, you are very strong, Ms. Vermilion! To see you doubt our chances, I cannot help but feel a little down myself. Someone so much stronger than I despairing? I must say, it is rather disheartening!"

Phew, he had managed to turn that terrible excuse around into something viable! Now, here's hoping that the other AI believed him. As he waited for her response, the turrets were online again to aid the Users' cover...

Angelus | Akane

Akane let a small grin spread across her face as she dived down at the enemy airship. The turrets on the Airship turned but couldn't track her as she added more speed, a trail of flames behind her. The first turret missed it's shot at her, and the second never got a chance as Akane launched a large fireball at it, roasting it's crew inside. Bullets impacted all around the Kitsune from an Angel Trooper who thought it safe enough to tail her. Akane stopped in mid air and her sword pointed upwards, the hapless Angel finding himself out of space to avoid it and gutting himself upon it. The third turret found it's mark, zeroing in on her, but she only smiled wider and watched it explode from a homing fireball of the Dragon above. Akane looked back at the first turret, and could see right down the barrel of it. She smiled and threw a small fastball of a fireball right down the barrel. It set off the cannon round being loaded and the whole turret exploded in a massive explosion, exposing the inner hull.

Akane whooped and took off again, zooming away to avoid Angel Troopers homing in to protect their stricken Airship. But it was too late... Angelus had the perfect shot now.

Angelus | Akane

And a perfect shot she had to take. Angelus could feel the magical energies brimming in her throat; and unleashed ribbons of magically-infused dragonfire upon the poor saps of the Airship. The runic ribbons tore into the ship's body without mercy, the crew screaming as each ribbon ripped another piece of the ship away. All that was left was the ruined framework of a ship; barely floating in the air... Well, more along the lines of falling in style at this point. With a dark chuckle, the dragon gave a hard flap of her wings to propel herself closer to The Rising Dawn; and hopefully to deposit her cargo safely...

Airship Rising Dawn Networks: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

Dimitri frowned upon realizing that Vermilion had seen her way through his lie. Well, Dimitri, if you weren't so geared towards etiquette, perhaps the action would be a bit more natural to you. Squirming in his seat, Dimitri bowed his head in embarrassment, and said softly, "I'm sorry for lying to you, Ms. Vermilion, but I feared that this statement would make things... Er, what is the human term... Incompatible, I suppose?"

His hands were clenched for a moment, white gloves still looking immaculate even in his distress, and he continued, "In truth, I was going to say that looking grim all the time was unbecoming of one such as yourself because of... Well, of-"

Dimitri fumbled about again with his words, clearly on the flustered side of the spectrum when it regarded this phrasing, however innocent or serious it may have been. Thus, to aid himself, he moved his hands back to the Turret controls, and with his back turned, he finally spat it out, "Always frowning is not befitting to one of your pulchritude, Madam! With your visual data, a smile would be a closer fit. It would make your ocular receptors shine brighter under your hood, if it were up, and even moreso down!"

Welp, that was more than he intended to say, but with Vermilion tossing around terms like "partner" and "companion", Dimitri's processing of her intentions... Let's just say they were a little biased in his favor. However, a man such as himself must remain a gentleman at all time, hence his confusion. How was one able to say such things without being forward? These human concepts of emotion were still hard to bear.

Work Update

Rugal
Aided by the covering fire of David and Jake, Rugal managed to get into the heart of the Angel unit attempting to land a hit on the Little Elf.
Despite them piling on attacks and gunfire at all angles, skill and experience ruled out.
While not as brutal as the display after the Drop Pod hit the Guardian, it was still rather heavy-handed.
The crunch of fist meeting skull filled the air until the unit was down.

David
David and Jake meanwhile ensured that Rugal wasn't overrun but they quickly realized that the chances of that was low.
"Jakeman! Get the elf! Covering Fire!" He ordered as he went to engage the angels.
*Click Click*
"...Perfect..." He groaned as he holstered his M500 and began trying to steal a Angel Assault Rifle.

Angelus | Akane
Akane formed back up on the Dragon, still a little in awe of her immense firepower. Then she remembered the time Aftan and she had obliterated a giant living mountain, and smiled a little more. One day, they would have their little duel of flames...If the world ever returned to peace.

"Nearly there Angelus! Oh look at that! My Knights got the other airship! YES!"

Rugal | Melethia | Slindis | Teri | David | Jake
As David gave his orders Jake saw a better way to help the Marksman. He unslung his M4 and his two minimi pouches full of ammo, roughly 300 rounds of ammo in magazines in them before shouting to David. "David! Take these, I've got a sword and .45 for up close work!"

David West paused for just a second to pick up the incoming Rifle with ammo pouches clipped to its sling as it slid along the temple floor. He looked on in amazement as Jake drew his longsword with it's faint blue glow and the crazy pilot charged down the steps towards Rugal and Melethia. A slash here, and a thrust there, and he had already downed several Angel Troopers in his path before linking up with the odd pair.

"Rugal! Little one! I'm here to help!" he said as he shifted into a defensive stance, his sword feeling good in his hands again.

Getting Lucifer to enchant the longsword had been a good idea.

Across the Battlefield, Dark Angel Troopers were dying off too quickly. They were down to scattered pairs and trios on the ground, and in the air they were all but gone with the loss of the two carrier airships.

Apart from Dark Tomoya and Storm-182, the battle had shifted into the Rising Dawn Crew's favour. And the two Heroes of the Corrupt side were locked in respective duels with men their equals, or at least as the battles had shown so far...

Outside group.
Weather: Raging black lightning.
Time: 3am.

Storm-178 V Tajuh.

The Spartan and human male were against each other. They were actually not evenly matched, Storm was getting slower due to his earlier injury. The strikes by Tajuh were faster then Storm could block, which scratched, chipped and broke some of his armor. On Storm's side, he was battling with a blurry vision and blood crawling all over his body. Gasping due to injuries left Storm open which led Tajuh to hitting his helmet.

Storm quickly jumped back but just kneeled on his knee and pulled open his helmet.

He immediately coughed up blood and some kind of black liquid onto the ground. A strange hissing sound was left between the two. Tajuh walked up to the injured Spartan.

"Hah... haaaah... nice form. It was a good fight, for a human... hehe" He managed to say between his gasps, his eyes were bleeding and blood was pouring on the ground because of the shotgun blast he took to the stomach, he was close to death. "Maybe death would be better for the world... but who would protect hose soldiers." Storm only sighed as he placed his hand on his wound. Before the victor could decide the Spartan's fate a difficult event happened.

D.Tomoya V Preacher.

The battle between Preacher was not one sided, both side were not landing major blows on each other. Except the exemptions of a minor cuts, scratches and a few bones broken. The bad part for Preacher was that Tomoya was only regenerating and healing most of his injuries. The reason for this was the actually angel bodies, Tomoya was actually managing to transfer their energy into him. Gaining more everything.

As soon as Preacher aimed for the head... he hit. Preacher actually managed to place his sword in the middle of Tomoya's head and face. As the head was split open blood began to flow down the body, Tomoya's body knelt on the ground. a disappointing look came from Preacher as he gazed down the body.

Except a low noise was coming from it.
"He... he... he" It said slowly as the eyes suddenly flashed back open, this time with black lightning actually coming out from it.

"Hehe... AHAHAHAHAHA!"

Tomoya laughed wildly up towards the black sky. Preacher could only see black lightning in the contents of his head. "Did you think you can kill me that easily! He doesn't want me to die ya know! Tomoya talked back to Preacher as he grabbed his sword with both of his hands and pulled it out of his face, leaving more blood... but it was only replaced by electricity.

"Play time is over Father..." Tomoya grimly said as all of the angel corpses in the area were turned to black lightning and all sources of lightning and electricity (Including the barrier) crawled inside Tomoya creating a massive field of black lightning around him.

"DIE!"

Tomoya simply said as most of Tomoya's energy was transfered along the sword and directly into Preacher's body, shocking him. A couple of seconds later Tomoya could only see what looked like Storm whom was about to be executed by Tajuh. Letting Preacher's sword go and ending the attack early, "NOOOOO!!!" Tomoya yelled out and in a blink of an eye he was already in front of Tajuh and gave him a giant push.

He quickly examined Storm's body and saw he was barely hanging on. "You will ALL pay for this. Millions... no... BILLIONS of souls say be cast away because of you!" He said to everyone as he quickly picked up Storm and the two disappeared into black lightning.

As the two disappeared off the face of the Earth, all the alive angel carriers and angels were simply just gone. The weather in the area raged even more then it had before, it began to strike at everything... the so called heroes should leave soon.

Chapter 3 end!

Outside group.
Weather: Raging black lightning.
Time: 3am.

Tajuh

As Storm was whisked away, Tajuh mentally sighed in relief. Although the fight had been more difficult than he had let on, he learned a good deal about the Spartan during the fight. The man still had a conscience, and he'd find a way to get rid of that corruption. However, that would have to wait for later: the lightning would prove to be too much if they stayed any longer.

"We've got no reason to stay here a moment longer. Everyone, fall back to the Rising Dawn!" The man's voice carried over the intensifying storm to all those out on the field.

Devon

He saw the lightning pick up and the portals with the armies from hell vanished, proving that they were illusions as the man stopped blinking. "Ella, any way that we could get out of this one and back to that airship up there? I don't know much about you, but I'd rather not die here."

Melethia and Slindis

Just as it looked like the girl was in a situation that would end in her death, the forces attacking her vanished as she was approached by Teri, David, Jake, Slin, and Rugal. "Thanks, but I coulda handled it myse- crap! Lightning! We'd better get outta here fast!"

Slindis looked around, not seeing much of a way to do that. "There's a slight issue with that, Melethia..."

Markus navigated the city streets, trying to remember where he had to go. Simon and Delilah followed suit, sighing as the stares from the public got more intense. 3 hunters in DC at the same time as a conference on the supposed demon Tomoya was big news. But they weren't there for that.

The Xeno-worship cult of Grogmalek had been planning something for some time, and intel suggested that they saw Tomoya as the great prophet of their beloved outer god. The leaders of house DeLange suspected a mass sacrifice to take place, and what better targets than the world leaders? The blood of the leaders of men would surely satisfy Grogmalek, perhaps paving the way for him to awaken from his cosmic trance and descend upon the Earth.

Things were about to get bad.

Rugal
"DAMMIT! YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Rugal shouted in reaction to Tomoya Frying the Preacher before fleeing with an Injured Storm, leaving the harsh weather to finish them off.
Once it was clear that Tomoya had escaped, he turned his mind to the next order of business: The Preacher.
He examined the Holy One, clearly in a bad state and steaming from the amount of Dark Lighting that flowed though him.
How the hell is he still breathing!? How did he survive?! He thought as he realised there wasn't much time left.
"Your Power? How....How did you get it? I've trained by whole life but even I couldn't live though that! Tell me!" He pleaded, his greed starting to show after a long day of reasonable humbleness.

David
As Rugal interrogated the Preacher, David was more worried about getting back up to the ship.
"TERI! IS DAMIAN STILL UP THERE?!" He shouted over the raging wind while pointing to the ship.
"...WHO?!"
"THE AI GUY! THE ONE WHO SENT ME THAT MESSAGE!"
"YOU MEAN DIMITRI?!" She asked back as she went to contact him on her tablet.
"WHATEVER! JUST GIVE ME THAT THING!" He barked back before yanking it out of Teri's hands.

Dmitri
As Dimitri and Vermilion basically flirted, he received an incoming call from her master and pressed his finger to his ear.
"Yes, Mistress. How can I-"
"2 TRANSPORT SHIPS! FROM THE HANGER! DOWN HERE! NOW! ASAP!" David yelled loud enough to cause him to recoil from the volume of his voice.
"MAKE SURE THEY HAVE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT! PREACHER IS DOWN! BE QUICK ABOUT IT!" He finished as Dimitri shrugged of his minor ear rape.
"...Coming right...up..." He answered before hanging up, if he had blood to bled, his ear would be a river right now.

"Your Power? How....How did you get it? I've trained by whole life but even I couldn't live though that! Tell me!"

".....The Ship" The Preacher managed coughed up a few words in between his breaths. "Get everyone on board....... then I'll tell you......" Unbeknownst to Rugal, The Preacher had only minutes left. He began to mutter to himself, it was the strongest healing spell he had, but even that couldn't fully heal the damage on the spot. "Little one got a lucky shot in........"

Rugal/David
"....I swear if you fucking die without telling me..." Rugal stated before lifting the old man in a fireman's carry as David began to flag down the Transports he had Dimitri send.
"COME ON EVERYONE! WHILE WE CAN STILL FLY!" He shouted as he looked around the group.
Where is she!?
"ELENA!....ELENA!! WHERE ARE YOU!?" He shouted as the Crew Members who couldn't fly entered the transports.

Rugal boarded one and laid the Preacher down across one of the seats.
"Once you tell me what I want to know, then you have my permission to die." He warned again as he went the side door and began waving everyone over.

After snatching her tablet back from David, the Cleric wandered to the Preacher and readied her highest level healing spell (Level 2), gently placed her fingertips on the Preacher's body. She silently hoped that the positive energy of the spell would aid in dispelling the darkness within this poor man.

"Comeoncomeoncomeoncomeon! Work damnit!"

After the second level spell was exhausted, Teri reverted to using her lower level healing; hoping (praying to) that she could help in resuscitating the Holy Man. If he was as strong as he looked, the Rising Dawn desperately needed this man to fight Tomoya.

The others could only sit around and wait for the transports to bring them up.

Angelus | Akane

The arrival to The Rising Dawn with the children in tow was greeted with little fanfare; only a familiar AI (Dimitri) listing off docking procedures as the dragon found herself in the Hangar once more. Taking a look outside, she saw that conditions were looking extremely nasty; with all the thunder and lighting billowing about. It almost looked dangerous to fly in herself, and the dragon was used to storms....

"Be careful down there, Caim...."

Slindis and Melethia climbed in the transport with Teri, Rugal, and the Preacher. A quick once over of Preacher told Slindis that the man was in real bad shape. She took a few deep breaths, then placed both of her hands on the critically injured man to heal him up, since Teri's spells were ineffective. However, in the state the holy man was in, it only served to soothe him instead of bring him back in action.

"Mister Goldenhair, what happened to ya? You're tough, you can make it. Right?" The young girl held the holy man's hand, hoping that he'd make it as Slindis and Teri worked together to try to patch up the man's injuries.

Tajuh

He saw the transports and focused on getting the various crew members of the Rising Dawn on them before he left. "Hurry up, everyone!" Once the last people boarded, he took the controls of the last transport and made his way to the Rising Dawn.

bluecrimson:

"Mister Goldenhair, what happened to ya? You're tough, you can make it. Right?"

"Do not worry, my dear.......... All I need is a long rest" The Preacher was grinning at this point, he was confident in the crew at this point. "Besides........ you dealt with those ....unpleasant individuals quite well .......yes?"

bluerocker:

"Comeoncomeoncomeoncomeon! Work damnit!"

Seeing the futility in their efforts, he raised his hands. "There is no need for this....... You should save your energy for those who really need it......" He coughed again, while the wounds were healed, it was obvious the damage at this point had been inflicted. "Well young Paladin........ I have full confidence in you and .......your student....... prove me right won't you?"

Diablo1099:

"Once you tell me what I want to know, then you have my permission to die."

As he leaned back, he now decided to answer Rugal. "You wish to learn my abilities?........ hehehehe"
"WHAT. WHAT!? WHAT IS IT!?!"
The Preacher erupted in laughter at the man's naivety, his last breaths before he was gone were used to enjoy Rugal's frustration at his own greed. His laughter slowly died down, fading into a smile before he lost consciousness.

And with that, The holy man was now dead to the cast. While a more informed individual could see he wasn't fully gone, there was no way the rest of the Rising Dawn could hope to get him back now.

Rugal
Once the Preacher used his dying breaths to spite Rugal, Melethia, Teri and Slindis all got a look at the man he really was.
"WHAT IS IT!? TELL ME! WHAT IS YOUR POWER?! NOT LIKE THIS! I'M SO CLOSE TO MY RIGHTFUL GODHOOD!"

TELL ME!!!!

He continued to rant and rave until his face was red as he shook the old man's still warm body.
It was truly a sickening display of ego and greed and it greatly damaged the image of Rugal in the trio watching.
"YOU WILL TELL ME!" He screamed as he raised his fist and went to punch the dead man in the face.

David
As Caim made a note of his partner's warnings, Jake followed the rest of the crew in getting the hell out of here.
Once everyone was on board, the crying of David became clear.
"GODDAMMIT! WHERE ARE YOU!? ELENA!" He shouted into the storm until he realized the transport was taking off.
"Shit! WAIT UP!" He said as he climbed in just as it was about to take off.

As the Heroes left the temple behind them, a massive bolt of lighting stuck the tip of old Mayan Temple, sending so much power though it, it exploded, sending rocks and bits of metal across the entire area, threatening to strike them as they flew off.

Thus, the famed Temple of the Stone of Light was no more.

Melethia | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

Rugal's attack would have gone through... If it weren't for the Cleric touching the Preacher's body. A small scroll appeared and disintegrated; covering the body with a familiar shimmer of light right before Rugal's attack went through, and the King of Fighters found his fist coming into contact with a VERY familiar covering of force. The Cleric did not move from her post, her hands gripped tightly to the fabric of the Preacher's clothes, and her Tablet very calmly spoke, "Be mad all you want, but this body will not be desecrated."

She trembled as she said this; aware of the fact that she was drained in all of her faculties and locked in a pod with Rugal Bernstein. Those odds were not the best, but dammit, if she didn't defend this holy man's corpse, the Cleric felt that she'd regret it later. So, she held firm, as she did before in the woods. Her gaze did not waver from her charge as she shook; thoughts of what was to come in the next moment.

Caim, Cutie Bruisers

"Did you not see the shuttles coming for us, dragon? We're already on our way up. See you in a few."

Caim quietly broke the conversation, but did not sever the link. If at worst, he wanted to be able to contact her if something went wrong. Barring that, he occupied himself by watching Cadolbolg and Ton Ton cavort about in the Shuttle while they began to lift off. Shifting uncomfortably, Caim was reminded why he preferred flying with Angelus in comparison to these ships. It was too cramped for his tastes, and he liked the feel of open air on his back. This... This was distinctly lesser compared to his usual exploits.

"...WHAT?!....OH YOU ARE STILL ALIVE!?" Rugal said as his fist came into contact with the shield a millimeter above the Preacher's dead smirking face, filling his mind with the mental image of him laughing at him for thinking he was dead.
"YOU DARE MOCK ME!? ME!? THE KING OF FIGHTERS!?" He shouted before Teri spoke and he knew instantly.
"...You..." He said in a quiet tone, clenching his fist as he glared at the Cleric, Her inability to talk helping her hide a *Gulp*
"...You dare....defy me?...YOU LITT-"
*Poot!*
He paused for a second as he felt the area around the back of his head, finding and pulling out a dart.
"Sorry Wheathair, but you need a time out!" Melethia said, holding a blowdart pipe and clearly not impressed with his disrespect for the dead.
"Why...you....little...runt..." He trailed off as the tranquilizer flooded his system, causing him to pass out into one of the transport seats.

Meanwhile...
As the Transports neared and the Preacher passed away, what the group for the most part didn't know was what he was doing on the ship for that entire time.
Angelus felt something faint, something...familiar...
....uhhhhhh....wh..what...happe-......Where am I?! WHAT'S GOING ON!? AM I DEAD!? AHHHH! WHY IS IT SO COLD!?!? a panicked voice cried out mentally.
The Voice of Jenny.

As Rugal slumped down into the chair, Melethia went over to Teri with a sad look on her face. "Miss Teri, why did he have to act like that? What happened to the Wheathair that I knew?" The girl looked a bit betrayed at the man's reaction.

Slindis kept a sharp eye on the unconscious man, having seen a fairly power-hungry side of the man that she never knew existed. "Teri, we are going to have that training as soon as we get back. It will not be physically tasking, especially after what we went through."

Tajuh | David

He looked at David and motioned to a seat. "I'm gonna have to ask you to sit down for now. With Elena's Talent, she's likely wherever she intends to be. The details on what went on in there are still unclear to me, though, but the chances of her being harmed are small."

Tajuh | David
After some prompting, David finally settled down and sat in the seat, taking a second to wring the storm rain out the Angel Towel he took from the temple.
"...Sorry...Just...some time ago, She was...Enslaved by a Group calling themselves the Hammer Empire....It was rather rough on her. And these guys? They are un-fucking believable, Had a base under the Empire State Tower of all places. They want you, they will find you. Hence why I'm concerned..." He explained as he wiped the rain from his face with said towel.
"...Just...After I...err...Went to the temple with Rugal...As an...an-Advance party!...*Ahem* You didn't see her, did you?...I haven't seen her since."

Tajuh | David

He nodded knowingly. "So, she's the type to draw attention from dangerous groups? I'm sure that she knows enough to stay clear of them, but I've not seen her since before the drop. And if she did run into them, it's a matter of helping her see sense. Go ahead and call it odd, but sometimes to show that you care for someone, you've just got to give them space yet be there for them should they need you."

Tajuh | David

David finally wiped his face off and put his Towel up in his jacket pocket, keen on keeping his piece of history.
"...Ach, I still dunno...I mean this wasn't merely her being forced to kill, this included.....You know..." He explained, a nod and a awkward gesture giving Tajuh the message.
"Just I let her know I would never let that happen to her again and if she is in trouble..."

Tajuh | David

He calmly finished the statement. "Then you go and get her back. It's as simple as that since you care for her the way that you do. Doesn't matter whether she's pinned down in a tight spot or if that empire goes off and tries to make her fight you, does it? Those eyes are ones of a man that makes a goal and accomplishes it, no matter what's in his way." Tajuh was speaking in the tone of someone that had seen this before, and he was stating facts instead of lecturing the man next to him.

Tajuh | David

"...Yeah...Thanks just...I got REALLY lucky last time, like...I had the grim reaper on my side for some reason. I just don't know if I'll get that lucky again next time...." He sighed as he began spinning his M500 on his fingers, showing great skill doing so.
"Hell, even back there, I was more on the back-burner. Hell, that Kid, Melethia? She most likely did more in that fight then me...Now, don't go thinking I'm getting depressed, just I have to work REALLY hard to get shit done around here and half the time it's luck based anyway..."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 . . . 830 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here