The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 . . . 830 NEXT

Diablo1099:
snip

bluecrimson:
snip

"Alright then, I'll keep it in mind for escape... and as far as other stealth goes... detecting body heat you say?" she says as she turns to Tajuh. "well then, I could also lower our body heat much the same way as I could increase it, and place it somewhere else... two ways I could do this would be to take a bit of it into myself... it would light me up like a torch at night but I'd probably be able to burn through reinforced steel with that much energy. Or... I could send it somewhere else, creating a distraction to those types of sensors by placing and shaping the heat to make it look like the "infiltrators" were somewhere else."

Notice: Last post before the team leaves the ship, as in everyone who is coming into the city.
Sorry for any Confusion/Railroading, but we best move on.

Rugal

"All noted for future reference, Now, lets move onto-" Rugal said before Tajuh interrupted.
"Sir, you might want to see this. I've been monitoring the city over the news and there's been a development..." He explained before he brought up a News Feed on Rugal's PDA.
It showed scenes of mass rioting and general violence with even a few scenes of the US Army opening fire on some cultists.
"...Well...This changes things..." Rugal said as he watched the events unfold, namely Tomoya fanning the flames from the Washington monument.
"Tomoya is here!? Dammit!...Well, at least we can say the Meeting is cancelled. Hasn't brought his army in yet so we might be able to get to him before then. Going to have to cut though the National Mall, all other routes are too hostile. Still, we'll have to worry less about getting caught, what with all the chaos in the city. Okay people, Let's move out."
Thus, Rugal lead the team going into the City in the bridge off the ship though the hanger.

Jenny

Once the Order was given to leave, Jenny followed, keeping near Teri and Slindis as she did.
Mmmm...why is Slindis wearing that? I thought she had armor? She thought, but decided not to ask.

David

David spent most of the meeting glaring at Rugal, as his attempts to kill him in the temple showed, he wasn't fond of the man in the slightest.
Still, he followed, that city wasn't going to save itself.

Thus the team left the ship and neared the entrance to the DC Battlezone...

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | In Transit | Outside of D.C. Airspace
Time: Midday | January 2nd

Airship Rising Dawn - The Bridge
Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Kurumu | Melethia | Puce | Ton Ton

Caim shot Kurumu an exasperated expression that could only mean 'Thank you' as the succubus took Melethia off of his hands, and began walking with Angelus to the drop off point. As they did, she softly tapped one of his fingers with one of her own, calling his attention to her as her voice entered his mind, "Caim, you do know we are all here for you, don't you? At the very least, do you not trust me?"

The warrior kept his stony gaze ahead, but his mind said otherwise, "Yes, Angelus, I do trust you. You-... You're the one creature I will admit to having complete faith in. As you can probably tell, my attempts at venting didn't entirely work... "

The dragon could not help but smile at the praise, but kept herself focused, "Obviously. You're putting too much effort into your facade. Anyone with a set of eyes can see right through you. But know this, you are not alone in this crusade. I am your pact partner, and... Well, whatever this jumbled human emotional thing is. The point is, I am by your side in this. Furthermore, Puce and Kurumu have just signed up to help with our search, after Tomoya has been dealt with. There is no conceivable reason for you to find a need to isolate yourself when others are ready and willing to aid your cause."

Caim looked to the dragon in surprise, and then back ahead, "They want to help us? Even though-"

"That is the definition of camaraderie, is it not Caim? You forget, you've done the same for his cause. I do believe a certain incident with a lung comes to mind..."

The warrior gave a silent laugh at this, "You know, I had forgotten about that..."

An arm wrapped around her shoulders for a moment, and the dragon felt herself being drawn closer in an impromptu side hug for a moment; Caim taking a deep breath as he took in the scent of her hair.

"Thank you, Angelus... And, sorry. I didn't mean to worry you."

While the gesture was unexpected and over as quickly as it had happened, the dragon could not deny it was not uncomfortable. However, for whatever reason Caim did so, she could already feel her pact partner's heart lifting, if only a little bit. But first, if they were to save Furiae, they had a psychotic archangel to deal with. With new purpose filling the warrior and the dragon, Caim and Angelus stepped into the light.

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Teri, after putting the finishing touches on her angry letter to... Well, that wasn't entirely important, now was it? Her letter was done, and Dimitri had already began establishing a link between the Tablet and the Rising Dawn, which would enable communications on both ends even when they were in the city.

After stepping off the ship with her Master, and with Jenny, Teri called up Dimitri, "Dimitri, do a systems check on the live feed between your home terminal and the Rising Dawn. I want to make sure this connection is both stable and secure, got it?"

"Right away, Madam."

As Dimitri checked the Ping, Teri shot a confident smile at her teacher, "Fully rested and ready as I'll ever be, Ma'am!"

----

As Jake sat in the command chair, he could already see a communique appear on one of the Main Screens. It was coming from Teri's Tablet, and a familiar (and somewhat posh) voice rang from a speaker, "Testing, this is AI Dimitri; High Clearance AI and Personal Assistant to Teri Gravel: 6th Level Cleric. Helmsman, User; Jake, do you read me loud and clear?"

Tajuh, Riki, Kud, Jake

He touched down with the rest of the team, talking to the team and the ship at the same time. "Move as one unit here. Nobody gets left behind, nobody charges ahead and tries to be a hero. The armies aren't here, but we still have those cultists out there. They so much as move to attack, take them out. Jake, until we get back, you're the acting Captain." He began making his way to the battlezone, checking for any oddities in the people's movements. "Riki, Kud, unless you've got some special type of plan, stick close to the center of the group. You don't have the combat experience to be in the frontline or secure against a rear attack."

Slindis, Teri, Jenny

As Slindis stuck next to Teri and the Gardevoir, she talked to Jenny. "I haven't seen you in some time. Something's kept you away?" She acted as the main watcher for that part of the group, refreshed now that she'd rested up for a short amount of time, and Jenny could feel that the Drow was much lighter emotionally compared to the last time that the two had met. It was a bit unusual to see that she didn't draw any weapons, though.

Rugal, Devon, Kalastryn

Devon went near Rugal as they made their way, disturbed by the images of Ella draining the life force of that police officer, but decided not to show it. "This one will be hectic, won't it? It's gonna be tough to get through and do what was laid out, but I'll do my part here." He looked at the area that they were going to have to get through and was understandably nervous, but he kept moving on towards the fight and saw Kalastryn not too far away. "Kalastryn, you probably have more experience at this than me. How should we keep those guys distracted?"

Melethia, Kurumu, Puce

Melethia grinned when she heard the Succubus mention the bet again. "Oh, really now? I don't remember the exact amount of traps that I disabled since I lost count around eighty-ish, but it's probably more than what you got, Skyhair." She began laughing as they approached the main forces and drew her longswords, showing she was ready to fight.

Slindis, Teri, Jenny

A Nervous laugh came from Jenny as Slindis stated that fact.
"Well...I run-...ran a clinic in New York before the attack happened. In fact I...Actually, sorta...died..." She explained, much to her confusion.
"You were dead?"
"Well....I guess so. David put me in the morgue and I...just "Woke up". Don't ask me how, because I don't know...*Ahem* So how are you? you look great!" she added, clearly wanting to change the topic.

Rugal, Devon, Kalastryn

Rugal merely grinned at Tajuh's concerns.
"Rest assured, While the plan might go awry, we will get the job done. Only question is how much men the US and Tomoya are willing to loose..." He said coldly as he made out Teri in the group.
"Ah, Ms. Teri Gravel-"
*Ding!*
Once those words left his mouth, his PDA got a message, Confusingly from her.
He opened it up and found this:

He froze as he made out what the hell he was reading, allowing Teri to pass by without Rugal bothering her.

bluecrimson:
snip

Kalastryn started rubbing her forehead with two fingers... clearly wracking her brain a bit on the subject of... "distraction." As much as she hated to admit it, most of her spells had to do with preserving the element of surprise (invisibility), dealing with the problem with some more... "explosive" intervention... or... wait just a moment... she had an idea... she could use suggestion to turn them to their side. but... that was a dodgy plan at best, while the spell was usually very... very successful, she'd be working on... "changing" the mind of one person at a time... there would already be a lot of bloodshed by then. To add to that, she had her limits... she'd never tried charming an entire city at the same time, and the task was likewise pretty damn impossible. In fact it was.

"ugh... I hate to admit but I've gone over my possibilities and limits... nothing I can do will get us through unscathed, if I turn us invisible the police could have heat detection and see us anyway, and they aren't too keen on having us here. If I charm the cultists, I'd probably tick off who-ever is pulling their strings and we'll draw their attention. In fact, if I charm the police either there will be little chance of their survival when they can't think clearly against the cultists. Not to toot my own horn by calling myself this, but this is a tactical genius utterly failing to come up with a plan for getting past a bunch of scatterbrains and the law." she said with a sigh and a frown... coming up with literally nothing for a change made her feel a bit... pathetic, honestly.

Slindis, Teri, Jenny

"Ah, Ms. Teri Gravel-"

Text appeared on her screen, which was Dimitri in 'silent mode', saying "Message sent. Is there anything else needing to be done?"

The Cleric only shook her head as they passed the King of Fighters, and tapped a few buttons on her tablet, "That'll be all, Dimitri. Please remain on standby for further command."

"As you wish."

Following that, Teri turned the speakers back on for her computer, and began to chant something softly in Celestial, as she placed a hand on both Jenny and Slindis; and the duo felt... Something wash over them. Following that, the Cleric waited half a minute before starting the chanting again, and turning to place her hands on another two people; repeating this process till all in the group had been touched by the Cleric. When she finished, she looked to Tajuh and Rugal and said, "Captain, Commander, I have cast 'Status' on everyone. Essentially, it'll allow me to know the conditions of everyone, even if they're not in visible sight. On average, it should last about 6 hours, give or take a few minutes between castings. Don't be afraid to take advantage of it while it lasts..."

After saying this, Teri turned back to face her Tablet, and looked to find a viable way to display the information on the Tablet as opposed to something blurting out information in her mind. If anything, it was impressive to the Second in Command that the slip of a girl he had seen break down had decided to take the initiative. To Rugal, however, it was strange to be referred to as "Captain" instead of "Mr. Bernstein."

Jenny/Rugal

Rugal had finished reading over the terms in Teri's "Letter" and felt...confused.
Jenny managed to pick up on this after Teri had cast "Status" on everyone.
While she wasn't reading into his mind, she did notice how dulled most of his emotions were, aside from his anger of course.
The King put his PDA away before advancing onward, clearly shaken, though part of him accepted this, it was a complex blend of saddness and acceptance.
"...Very well then, Let's be off..." He said before entering the soon to be burning city.
Jenny for one was rather confused as well and thus when he was out of ear shot, she asked herself I wonder what caused that mood swing?....
Still, she too followed him into the city.

Time: Midday

Kyre | Mark

Kyre turned back towards Mark, he smallcloak plumed dramatically behind her as a result of he sudden movement, "What do you mean by that!" she almost threw her arms up in open hostility, but caught her movements almost as soon as they began moving.

Then she gave herself a small while to quiet down before answering Mark in a much more civil tone, forcing her voice into a much more amiable pitch, "I think you're mistaken. I... I am not a jealous girl. I wish nothing but happiness for Kurumu and Puce- but," her eyes fell low and somewhat glazed, as if entranced by something, "her body is very enticing indeed."

---

BlackHarte | Red Mage | LoN

Darkness upon darkness, a shadow in the heart of the abyss. What was this place but the source of all magic, the Sea of Chaos. BlackHarte came unto the Mage in Red first, shielded by the power of his Stone of Darkness. His brown eye shone in the light of distant galaxies.

The Red Mage turned to his visitor with some confusion. But before he could open his mouth to speak, blackHarte placed a hand upon his forehead.

"Understood Tajuh, I have the ship." Jake replied over the comms as Tajuh and the rest of the away team departed.

He was officially the highest ranking person aboard the ship.

It was then that Miss Vermillion reported in. Jake picked up the little monocle and fiddled with it a bit, somehow managing to jury rig it to the left side of his glasses. "Excellent work Miss Vermillion. How do like to be addressed? Also, please deactivate the seat ejection sequence. If we have to abandon ship I'll make it the hanger and fly out with my Warhawk. Speaking of that, New Order. Download your core processes and code, everything that is 'you' into an external hard drive or storage device that I can grab, I'll not let you die with this ship. You can use my Compact PC if you wish."

"Testing, this is AI Dimitri; High Clearance AI and Personal Assistant to Teri Gravel: 6th Level Cleric. Helmsman, User; Jake, do you read me loud and clear?"
"Mr Dimitri, good to hear from you. Receiving you loud and clear mate. Say G'day to Teri for me, wish her luck and safe travels. Over."

D.C. Battle Grounds - Beachhead
Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle

Akane nodded and squeezed Aftan's hand. "Mmm, I'm okay. We just have to get through this, all of us together and we'll all be okay. How about you my love?"

Akane's pretty blue eyes gazed into Aftan's, full of warmth and love.

Slindis | Teri

She looked over at her pupil and quietly pulled her aside. "It's a useful spell that you got spread out among the group, but how are we going to be handling the issues with healing? The combat's not going to be all too easy with this kind of melee, and there's only so many places that we can be." She loosened up as she shifted her movements subtly, changing something about the way that she moved to become more fluid.

Slindis shifted to the Water Stance. Her attacks hit a bit less harder, but she's far more survivable.

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

She rolled her eyes and laughed. "I dunno... I think she could avoid messing me up. What's the plan, Skyhead?" The young elf began thinking what the plan would be, but she still held her reservations. After all, the plan could be pretty weak.

Ella | Devon

Devon returned the embrace, not exactly happy with what Ella did but realizing now wasn't the time nor the place to bring it up. It was clear from the look on his face that he knew what Ella had done, though. "Well, I did, but it looks like you picked up a few souvenirs. I think the thing we're supposed to be doing is working with the rest of the people here to mess up those cultists, but the plan's pretty weird about how it's supposed to happen. How about we just stick together and mess them up that way?" He looked over at Kalastryn to see if she would be open to that idea.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake

"Duly noted, sir. I shall alert her of this. Also, the Madam has cast a spell by the name of 'Status'. In order to prevent too much mental strain, what would you suggest would be the best way to display the data on my apparatus?"

Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Ton Ton

Reaching in to grab the offending digit, Ton Ton grimaced upon dislodging it from Cadolbolg's teeth; "How about in the future, you make sure that fingers don't get stuck in there again? Cause I might not always be available to get this out..."

After pulling the finger out and tossing it, he asked, "How did that get in there, anyway? I don't remember you eating anyone..."

Caim watched this spectacle with bemusement, and had to try very hard not to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation; lest he bring down the wrath of his partner.

??????? | Slindis | Teri

The Cleric smiled at her teacher, "It's a passive. I'll be able to cast my healing spells as it holds. But you bring up a good question... I suspect I'll have to use my constructs as a distraction while I get my work done... Hmn?"

As the duo walked, Slindis noticed that her student wandered towards a park bench, pulling out a small knife from her bag as she approached. Cutting the bag, seed spilled all over the bench; and a plethora of doves swarmed around the place.

"Well... seems that you've gotten a spring in your step. I'm happy to see that." The Fallen one stated as he looked at her, his face unreadable as he looked at her curiously.

Teri looked back with equal parts curiosity, as she wasn't quite sure why the Devil was looking at her the way he was, "Did I do something funny? You seem to be looking at me like I grew a pair of horns."

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
Jake thought for but a moment. "Display the crew as a Pokemon team. Generation 1 style. Here, have a pic." Jake said with a massive grin and laughter.

He flicked the AI a hyperlink to a picture of a Generation 1 Pokemon team roster. The holo display's were most impressive and easy to use, Jake was quite happy to find.

"Ahh I did forget to answer your question just now Miss Vermillion! Could we have some light music, a selection of the more ambient songs from the New Battlestar Galactica soundtracks?"

Devon | Ella

He jumped at the slap and turned back to Ella. "Ella, something's up with you. What is it?" The bard wasn't accusing her of anything, but he could see that something was off with her and wanted it to get straightened out quickly.

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

Melethia giggled then started laughing. "Can I survive a ten foot fall? Can you try to steal arrows from my bag?"

After a minute or two, she stopped laughing. "Of course I can handle that kinda fall. I mean, it's only ten feet! Not that bad at all." The elf began getting an impish grin as she focused on what Kurumu's plan might be.

Lucifer | Teri

Slindis moved closer to her pupil, and Lucifer could tell that Slindis was being reasonably defensive of Teri. He also saw a difference in the way she felt, as if she was more focused. Another thing of note that she was like someone that was going to a casual sleepover, not a paladin going off to a fight.

"You think that I'm not capable of taking care of her myself? Lucifer, I've gotten through worse. She'll be fine with me."

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
Jake smiled a bit at that. "Well then Miss Vermillion, be prepared to copy your local memory over to my PC as well. I'd hate for you too loose any experiences. Wow... This reminds me a lot about the old days, and RPing with Roamin11, Justin his name was. Heh heh heh, I miss Miss GLaDOS."

Akane was quiet for a moment. Then she spoke up softly. "I do see... To give your life for one you love, that's the ultimate sacrifice though. But what can we do? Kill Kokoa? Lock her away in their mind? They are one and the same... Much as Jake is so many yet one. I would not like to see inside his mind and how he stays a person. Much the same with our love. Did we not forgive her, in the sands of Arizona and the light of the morning sun? For who she is, and what she had done?"

Akane spoke softly, and knew that no more needed to be said.

Dimitri took a looksie at the display, and found it to be satisfactory to his needs. It was much easier on his Mistress' mind to organize the data like this... Furthermore, he could put his own set of alarms on for different situations. With a satisfied nod, he spoke again, "Thank you, Helmsman Jake, Ms. Vermilion."

And with that, Dimitri's visual feed disappeared.

Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Ton Ton

Ton Ton gave a gracious, "Thank you!" as he climbed on Cadolbolg's back. It was much easier to keep track of his movements whilst airborne, not to mention faster....

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

Teri flushed when she heard her teacher behind her, and chimed in, "I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean you any offense, Ma'am... In fact, I'm kind of glad he's here... There's been something I've been wanting to ask about, well, 'her'."

She took a few spare grains from the bag, and threw it to some of the birds, a faint smile appearing as she did so, "To answer you question, and to ask mine, I'd have to say that after the battle and some bed rest, I do feel decidingly different. However... Sometimes, it feels like... Ah, how do I put this? Over-saturated. Like when you mix red and yellow paint to make orange; but you use too much red. You try to fix it with more yellow, but the red barely budges a shade. Does that make any sense? I thought that defeating 'her' would make me feel better, but sometimes, I just feel worse. I'm still afraid to really open up to anyone new, in case you didn't see how I practically attacked Jenny for saying 'hi'... I can't help but wonder if stopping 'her' really had any effect at all."

Rugal

After receiving the letter, Rugal pressed onward away from the main group, intending to get a head-start on the others
Thus when the likes of Teri or Jenny tried to locate him, he was shown to be in the distance.
It was just him, his thoughts and the checkpoint guards.
"Sir! This area is restrict-URK?!"
A few well placed strikes was all it took and checkpoint was now guard-less.
"Christ...They'll take anyone with a pulse these days..." He sighed before kicking down the wire gate.

Jenny

She watched both Slindis and Teri talk to the incorporeal Lucifer or what it looked like to her: nothing.
Jenny is Confused!
"Ummm...Pardon me for asking, but...who or what are you talking to?..." She asked, while she knew some of the members were..."Unusual", this was kinda a new one.

David

Once the team began to enter the city, David called out his intentions.
"Right, I'm going to see if I can't knock out one of those Military Snipers further down the line and take his nest, should be able to cover a huge amount of ground from there. I'll meet up with you all later."
And like Rugal, he stayed from the group towards the taller buildings closer to the Riot Zone.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
"Nor would it on Roamin11 nor Miss Glados. If I recall Correctly, we stopped italicizing her name when she transferred her consciousness from machine to flesh, or more correctly was turned from AI into a Quantum AI and given human form by another Quantum AI, by the name of the Shrike. In the history or timeline of the Avatar Adventures, that was 3 years ago, or about 450 pages. When Red Mage merged the worlds, we were at around page 600. I joined in the 160's I think, and left around 300 and returned in the mid 400's, I don't quite recall. I have been around a long time, not the longest, Shaun has that down, but when I speak of the 'old days' I refer to my early time. Different people, different characters, different game. Not as high powered constantly, but the big boss battles were epic to behold. Nostalgia, really." Jake explained, a smile on his face yet his voice a little sad.

"As for your personal query about my fighter... She might be old, but in this fight anything I fly is gonna be outclassed. I have countless hours simulated in that fighter, I know it inside and out, how it fights. With my flight time here in real life, I know her even better. She's my favourite plane from that era, and nice to fly in battle and out. That, and at the time I didn't believe I was capable of creating a modern day jet fighter with my author powers. Now? Probably. I like the older stuff though, it has spirit, something that things today lack. Things today are built, not made. Throwaway society. Besides, I'm different, and this shows it." Jake's tone had changed to a much happier one, explaining his quirks to the AI.

Standing and walking over to the main window Jake smiled wide. "Miss Vermillion, feel free to be open and blunt with me. I value that. Besides, why do you think my callsign is 'Dozer'? I'm like a bull in a china shop. Straight and to the point. Pretty dopey too, but that's a hidden bonus of the callsign my mates all agreed."

Akane giggled at Aftan's praise, happy to see her love happy again. "I would not say I'm wisest... Just a little more experienced at this kind of thing..." she said softly as she stole a quick kiss from the Knight.

Breaking away, she placed a hand back upon her sword and pricked her ears. "Somebody has moved ahead, several thuds, sounded like bodies hitting the ground? Very faint, we should marshal everyone and move on."

Devon | Ella

He sighs. "That doesn't really explain the touchy feely way you're feeling, unless your souls want the two of us to get closer right now. Still, with the souls, are you sure there's no way for you to stay alive without the whole consumption of souls bit? I don't want to see you get torn up like this for you to stay up here." It pained the Bard to see Ella having such a difficult time, and it was clear that he wanted to aid her.

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

Melethia easily got the drop on the four, cutting two down with the fall and quickly stabbing the hearts of the other two with frightening precision. "Was that supposta be hard, Skyhair?" She checked over the cultists, stripping them of the little valuables they had.

Slindis | Jenny

Slindis gave a wave to Jenny as Teri and Lucifer continued talking. "Teri's talking to a companion of mine and hers. They're only accessible by talking through one of our rings, and they're usually keyed to the person. I know it's odd, but this person enjoys their privacy almost as much as they like making others look foolish. It's an odd quirk of theirs." If it wasn't for the voice and hair, it would be fairly easy for Jenny to say that the person in front of her wasn't Slindis. After all, she had no armor on or any weapons, and the Drow's mind felt much lighter compared to that fiasco at the wedding.

Jenny | Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

Teri didn't really hear Jenny's words, nor the Paladin's, as her mind had homed in on what Lucifer offered. The promise of a guilt-free confidante, especially when the guilt-free part was essentially guaranteed to her. But, that nasty little creature known as doubt wormed it's way into her thoughts, and quietly reminded her that this was The Devil she was thinking of in this way. But had he really lived up to that name, she wondered. The worst he had done by her was what? Given her a trinket? Blasted her Shadow to Kingdom Come with her teacher?

Ah, but that's what he wants you to think, the doubts voiced, kindness is paid upfront, and when you least expect it, the rug will be jerked from underneath you. This is Lucifer; the Lord of Hell. How many Faustian deals have you read going wrong for lesser things? Don't trust this being, despite how kind he appears! It will only lead you to your downfall...

"But I- I really want..."

"I want someone to believe in. I want someone who doesn't doubt me as I do."

Poor Slindis... What makes her so different? Are you certain there isn't anything else hidden in that thought? Something that makes this person (I thought he wasn't a person to you) different? Hmn..? I mean, think about this for a moment. You've got your teacher, a wonderful being who is always helpful, and wants to guide you; teach you the ways of healing and defense... And then there's this pitiable creature; ordered by God to Fall. What does he have to offer that she cannot?

"I don't know. I can't put my finger on it."

Is it because he's NOT pure? Does your desire to help others override common sense? Not everyone can be brought into light, and love does not conquer all...

"Everyone deserves a second chance...."

Even Rugal?Even Bruiser?

Teri ignored that last fading thought, and then looked to Lucifer, "Alright, how about this? You show me your true self first. If I'm going to expose the real me, then you need to do the same. Deal?"

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
Jake stayed standing at the bridge, his face hidden from the AI. His voice projected, cold and emotionless.

"Death's embrace, and the next journey. There is nothing here for me once I help right things and Tomoya is ended. Simple as that. I fear not Death. I fear being abandoned and alone by those I call my friends and those I trust. But to die, on my terms, no I do not fear that."

Disasterchild:

[quote]

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
Jake turned to face the AI's projected image. His face was at peace, a disturbing calm upon his face. "I am an Author. This world has been directly influenced and hurt by my hand. I will not travel onwards, I can't return to my own world and resume my normal life. My timeline has been altered, and apart from fixing my wrongdoings in this world, I have no place in it. I will talk to the other Authors about it before acting, but the characters, the people of the AA get no say. And to be fair Miss Vermillion, once the world has been saved, it shouldn't really matter if I die or not, it won't be abandoning them, as truly they shouldn't have a need for me. They all have other friends, they all have other reasons to live. Teri has her learning, Devon has a life to live to the fullest before his time to be served, Mark is Mark, no doubt he has countless ideas and plans. But me? I came here purely to help, then leave. You have more reason to live past Tomoya than I do, to learn and grow."

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

No, Teri did not realize what she was asking when she made that request. She remembered this form in her mindscape being of a far lower key than what was before her now. Now... She could not speak, at least, not in the way she had gained proficiency. Her eyes took in the sight as the thirsty took water; but it was not in a sexual nature. No, it was as an artist appreciated the finest painting, each part of the craftsmanship of a piece being taken into account as the work was viewed. Indeed, angels were crafted by God's hands, they were not born weak and screaming as humans were. Humans were never made to be like this. Not as bright, not as polished, not as-

"Beautiful."

Ah, that was the word. A thought again? Well, it was better than the lack of them she had a moment ago. What laid before her was certainly draining what semblance of conscious thought she had. Ah, but it's rude to stare. Come on words, do your work! It was funny how she tried to get some semblance of clarity out; it was identical to her friend there... At least, when he wasn't strutting around in Archangel Regalia. Wait a minute, the roles were being reversed here... Instead of him being the one who was tongue tied, it was her. Even then, his voice was full of confidence and strength where her's was missing entirely. Then... All that time, all those kind words, and gestures: Genuine, each and every one. Kindness from an uncanny source. She had gained something she had wanted so badly when her world was turned upside down; to be accepted as she was, without being called to improve or change. Even if he was forceful in his methods, his intentions never strayed, nor had anything insidious lurking underneath. Furthermore, she could relate to his calling from God; as she too was called into His service; albiet, in a kinder way.

When she had first encountered him, her being was guarded by walls long erected, afraid of what semblance of emotion could leak through. This had applied both ways, as she did not want anything getting out or coming in. Now, with her 'saturated' view in place, things were abundantly clear; and it shook her back to reality.

A hand flew to her mouth in a desperate attempt to quell the gasp that escaped her lips; and the other to her chest in an attempt to steady the heavily increasing heartbeat in her chest; her eyes blinking desperately to hide the tears that were waiting to well over. No. this could not be. It couldn't. Of all the beings in the world for her idiotic heart to fixate on...

The Cleric shook her head in disbelief, even if what she saw before her was really real. She shouldn't have asked him this. He should have said no, or told her to ask something else. But, he followed through, and things made much more sense. Taking a fearful step back, Teri gently grasped her tablet as alerts went off about the status of her allies; using that to occupy her now shaking hands. This would also be her excuse, "I gotta go. I'm- I'm sorry I asked this of you! I didn't realize the consequences until now. Please, change back before someone tries to hurt you, or ruin your duty to God. Go in peace."

After that, the girl turned tail and fled, running to escape the cause of her agony.

Jenny
Jenny was in awe of the Fallen Angel's true form.
...can't really add anything else here, just the fact that his Teri was able to summon the Devil of all things, talk to him and then get him to do this.
What could she say?
"My...god...." she gasped finally, not believing what was happening.

David
Following a brief walk up several dozen flights of stairs, a quick fight with a SWAT team member and some finishing personal touches, David had his sniper nest ready to go.
"Attention all, this is West, In position. I'll act as spotter and provide Support, just keep in touch and I'll be able to Mark and Execute Targets, West Out."
Thus the sniper got to his post and began to check the path ahead, pointing out streets that lead to rioters.

Rugal
After clearing the checkpoint, Rugal was now nearing the center of the action, already passing by burned out cars and broken shopfronts.
He neared a block corner and peered over the side, seeing a large group of the doomsday cultists.
Need to get closer before I go postal... He thought as he took the adjacent street to hopefully avoid them.

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

Seeing Lucifer's true form was certainly a bit different, but her student running off made Slindis follow in hot pursuit. Going off alone was a surefire way to get killed! She did her best to catch up with her student and caught up with her after not too long, although they'd gotten a good distance from the rest of the group.

"Teri, what are you thinking? Running off like that's a dangerous move. What would happen if you got injured and we couldn't get to you in time?"

As Slindis talked to Teri, Sadei chimed in to her wielder. Teri, what's going on? It's crazy trying to talk to you! Your mind's like a maelstrom, and you're leaving me here alone again...

Devon | Ella

He looked at the hole in Ella's Arm and put his hand over it, wincing very slightly as he felt the slight prick on himself from the transfer. "Yeah, we'll be good from here. I'll just try to keep a closer eye on her and hope something doesn't happen to her with the souls there." Devon began leading the way for Ella, trying to make sure that she was fine as they began closing in on some of the more hectic fighting.

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

Melethia nods. "And we can keep changin' it up, Skyhair. Who says it has to be drops every time? We can rain arrows down on 'em too! No need to let them learn and hit us hard. After all, no trap is designed the same."

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri | Jenny

After getting over herself at the sight of Lucifer, Jenny took a moment to figure out what the FUCK was going on, While she had seen strange things happen before, She couldn't have believed what happened if she hadn't seen it herself.
Attempting to detect any feeling in the air was hard even for her, There was so many coming from Teri.
Still, once Slindis took off, she was in pursuit after them, not wanting to get cut off from everyone.
Besides, how the hell else would she understand what just happened?

She stopped before taking another glance at the fallen one and stated "That look suits you better....whatever you are..."
Before the Prince of Lies could answer, she was off after the others.

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

The Paladin and the staff couldn't get anything out of the Cleric until she finally broke to a stop (a building wall had helped in that regard) and sunk to her knees, sobs shaking the girl's entire being as her teacher and Jenny caught up to her. When all asked what was wrong, Dimitri appeared before them in a hologram, gave a small bow, and began to speak, "Please do not judge her Ladyship too unkindly. Matters of the heart are very difficult to deal with, especially after this 'Shadow' incident my sensors have picked up on... Tell, me, User: Slindis, what happened during that?"

After another chocked sob, Teri's 'voice' shot from the tablet in idignation, "Shut up, Dimitri! That's not anyone's concern right now..."

Jenny

After catching up with Teri and meeting her AI Butler, Jenny tried to calm Teri down, using her qualifications as a clinical psychiatrist to get pass Slindis and Dimitri.
"Okay now, breath in and out. It's okay, you are among friends." She said as she sat Teri down at the base of the wall she ran into and placed a hand on her shoulder.
"You don't have to talk if you don't want to, but it will help us help you."

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Slindis looked Teri dead in the eyes. "Not my concern? Teri, you are my student. It most certainly is my concern, so start talking. I've already had to fight a dragon to help you see sense, so sny thoughts of me ignoring you can leave right now."

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

The Cleric nodded grimly, and after a sorry attempt to wipe the tears from her face, she took a few deep breaths and drank from one her water bottles, the action helping in her calming down a bit, even if her emotions were anything but.

Taking in another gasp of air, Teri looked ready to say something, but then shot her hand before her; chanting something in Celestial -

Teri, under the mental circumstances before her, must roll a concentration check to cast her spell! She rolls a 20!

and a Dire Badger of Ice appeared... Right as the mob of rioters did.

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Jenny instantly recoiled when Teri brought up the Dagger, falling over backwards onto the ground as he did.
"Oh my god! Teri! Please. Don't do this!" She pleaded, thinking that Teri was going to hurt herself.
"Jenny! Turn around!" Teri stated, resulting in her doing just that.
A Massive wave of Rioters, both Cultist and those just along for the hell of it, came rushing towards them, laying to ruin all that they passed.
"...I swear it's one thing after another around here!" She said as she picked herself up.
In a bid to buy some time, she placed a Rather large Reflect barrier, about the size of a large wall in their path to slow them down.
"If you two have plans, now would be the time for them!" She said as the first Rioters hit the invisible wall in their path.

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Slindis looked at the mass of rioters in concern. "Jenny, Teri, we're cut off here. We need to find a position that's more easily defended!" She began leading the group to a household by a forest. It wasn't the best, but it was better than nothing.

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

In an interesting twist, the oncoming danger seemed to be just the thing needed to get the Cleric back to Reality. Her eyes, although still wet, refocused upon what was before them, and called out, "Hold the line! And please forgive me!"

Turning around, the Cleric began to run with her Teacher and Jenny, silently praying that Ice Constructs could not feel pain. This prayer kept going especially after hearing the sound of glass breaking, and the roar of the Badger as it began to tear into the enemies around it...

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Slindis looked at the mob coming at them and stood by the entrance of the house. It wasn't in the best condition, but it could help with the defense. "Teri, stay inside and drench them if they get close!" She leapt forward into the crowd, delivering punishing blows to a portion of the crowd and dropping members of the cult as she went. Perhaps a strong first strike would make the horde back off.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 . . . 830 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here