The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 . . . 830 NEXT

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

"Teri, stay inside and drench them if they get close!"

"Yes Ma'am! Helga, Snuffles! To me!"

In the next few moments, Slindis saw two beasts of ice appear, the first being the Badger again, and the second a Wolf. Both charged at the oncoming hoard, and did their best to tear down the forces with the Paladin. However, numbers proved to be difficult, even for the creatures of ice. The Cultists were shouting something that bolstered the spirits of the attackers, and they were not so easily quelled by the Paladin's will to fight back.

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

She worked with the ice creatures to punch through the attackers, delivering enough damage to begin making a path through to some of the Cultists. However, the attackers that weren't focusing on Slindis and the ice creatures were making their way to the house that Teri was holed up in...

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Teri gritted her teeth as she waved her hands, readying her next spell, "Sword of Divine Justice, lend your aid! Your Daughter calls you!"

On cue, the blade of force appeared, and began stabbing at an enemy before the door, it's focus limited. Thus, this prompted the Cleric to pour one of her water bottles out instead, chanting Aquan over it, "Squishy, we could really use some help right now..."

When the Elemental rose, Teri was give the pleasant surprise of finding that he/it had grown since she had last used him. Now, the elemental was about her size, it being one head taller. Pointing outside, the Cleric watched as her stronger comrade began to bring his bulk down against more attackers, to which the Cultists cried,

"Look! Heretical magic! DO NOT ALLOW THESE DEMON WORSHIPERS TO LIVE! BRING DOWN THESE CHILDREN OF THE FALSE PROPHET!"

Their words had good effect too, as more began crawling towards the house, and away from Slindis and the weakening ice constructs. They would not last much longer, be it via attack or the spell's duration. Furthermore, in shooting a glance towards her student, Slindis could already see that it would be some time before the Cleric could cast again.

But that did not mean the girl was without ideas. Pulling a cross out from her satchel, the girl held up her cross and called out, "In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, bless this child of water, so he may guard your Daughter! AMEN!"

Teri rolls a 28 on her attempt to bolster Squishy the Water Elemental! IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE! It is now treated as if it has 12 Hit Dice (equivalent HP for a level 12 character)

The Water Elemental shivered for a moment, and then stood firm again; it's strength increased greatly by Teri's call to arms. With it's renewed vigor, the Elemental brought itself hard against the attackers of it's Mistress...

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Slindis looked at the enemies headed towards Teri and chanted to Tira to give her strength then faded from view for a moment, reappearing at the rear of the group headed towards Teri and Jenny. The Gardevoir placed another Reflect barrier, but it would only hold for so long against these numbers.

Slindis activated Divine Might, Shadow Fade, and Divine Favor! For the next minute, Slindis has a 25% chance to be missed due to partial incorporeality, and her attacks have a +7 bonus to damage for a minute as well. Keep in mind that her monk stance gives an additional 20% dodge chance before Shadow Fade is counted in.

Although the Paladin was able to knock down quite a few attackers, but the amount of them would prove to be too much if the rest of the group didn't notice the issue here.

"Teri, hold for a bit longer and I can get to you!"

Time: Midday

Kyre | Mark

Kyre heard words, but she didn't understand then. Rather, she knew what they meant, but she didn't want to understand them. Her heart pounded in fury and the slightest visible wetness stained her emerald eyes. The young anti-mage took a step back and placed a hand on each of her shoulders. "Friends. that is a word I do not believe you privileged to use in regards to me! At least not anymore!" She turned and drew Fang from his sheath and brandished it at Mark, the wetness in her eyes had swelled into tears, "I don't want to hear anything that tells me I can't have what I want! I just want her to be mine, and no one else's. I can't stand the thought of someone else touching her. So don't tell me these things that you know, because I don't want to know them!"

---

BlackHarte | Red Mage

"You are no longer a talkative man Red," BlackHarte laughed as he took his hand off of the white-haired mage's forehead. Red Mage was putting on his best baffled expression, and it still failed to convey the amount of confusion he was feeling.

BlackHarte sat down in the space next to Red and looked him in the eyes, "Kyre Cwanuld," he said nonchalantly as Red listened from his crystal prison, "I need all the information you can remember gathering on her. Especially anything indicating obsessive possessiveness of people."

Red Mage nodded, his voice broken and torn from his throat. A punishment that rendered him unable to call the power of the Chaos Words. But his eyes spoke for him and BlackHarte listened well.

Time: Afternoon| January 2nd

Kyre | Mark

"N-no," Kyre replied, putting down her sword, "being in pain is terrible. Awful. But, I'm hurting right now too!" She broke into true tears and replaced Fang into his sheath before grabbing onto Mark's shirt, "What do I do..." she screamed, "I want her, but I don't want to get hurt, but I want her so bad!"

She pounded on Mark's chest, "TELL ME WHAT TO DO! I HATE THINKING FOR MYSELF"

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Time: Midday | January 2nd

Airship Rising Dawn - The Bridge
A.I. Vermilion | Jake
Jake smiled a little before grabbing his pendant. A small flash of blue from it, and a tiny change happened aboard the Rising Dawn.

"Miss Vermillion, I believe you will now find you have the ability to project yourself as a holographic full colour avatar anywhere in the ship now. Now I will rebut your point. Logically, you are correct. Emotionally, you are not. It is not that I do not see a future here for myself, it is that I do not wish to have a future here. I do not belong, nor do I wish to. As for Akane, don't be startled, but she has an adoptive father, a man called Jack. The Grim Reaper. Another character of mine."

Turning back out to look upon the rioting city below he sighed. "As for this ship, her captain is long gone. I can't replace Dillon. I won't either. She is the ship of her crew, and her crew is always changing. Rising Dawn is a lovely ship, but mine she is not and never will be. I don't feel it."

D.C. Battle Grounds - Beachhead
Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle | David
"Who are we moving to support Aftan? I can sense Slindis, Jenny and Teri nearby, Devon and his succubus close by as well in the other direction."

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

As Slindis started making her slow way back to the house, she heard a deathly rattle from the ice beasts, and saw them being overrun by the crowd, the numbers and brutality bolstered by the Cultists cries for blood.

"Kill the heretics!"
"Spread their entrails!"
"Make them regret worshiping false gods!"

The group began converging around the house, their efforts to the Paladin obviously not doing nearly as much as they'd like, especially with her temporary incorporeality in place. Thus, the Paladin began to wade back through the crowd in a desperate attempt to reach her student.

Speaking of said Cleric, Teri was panicking on account of her ice constructs being demolished, her bolstered water Elemental beginning to fade, and the Reflect Jenny had erected beginning to crack. With nothing offensive available, Teri was silently trying to encourage her last line of defense to stay up just a little longer, "Come on! you can hold on! Keep at it, Squishy!"

Ah, but like any other spell or incantation, the Water Elemental could only blubber unhappily as it began to sink into a puddle on the ground; it's time on this plane ending.

As Teri pleaded with the Water Elemental, dark grins appeared behind the wall, and the sound of cracking glass becoming louder and louder. Taking a deep breath, Teri began to get another water bottle from her bag to unleash another Elemental on these forces. If she was to die here, she was not going down without a fight.

However, that train of thought was brought to a screeching halt when a humongous grey thing barreled into the forces, knocking rioters high into the air. Another one followed after it from the other direction; this one black, as it too knocked some cultists away, and cleared a path for the Paladin to reach her student. The Cleric's jaw dropped when she realized what had decided to help them... Wolves. Big wolves.

Devon | Ella

Devon continued helping the inebriated Succubus out, rubbing her back to help with the nausea. "Ella, you aren't weak for going against something your mom'd want. It's your life, so it's your choice, okay? Either way, I'll be here for you." The talk was punctuated by the Succubus vomiting on Devon's pants again, and he laughed awkwardly as he wiped it off.

"Yup, even if ya do that again. It's pretty easy to clean up, anyway." Sure, having vomit on his pants wasn't the most pleasant thing, but after going through Hell and the gauntlet of multiple people from Eberron that would rightfully want him dead and making it through? There wasn't much that could out awkward that.

Jenny | Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

When the wolves popped up, Slindis smiled mentally. She finally had some help here! The large grey one somehow seemed to know what the Paladin was planning and the two worked to scatter the Cultist's ranks with the Paladin proving to be extremely difficult to hit. Within a short amount of time, the two wolves left the forces in disarray, ripping out throats and tearing out the guts of the hapless cultists with terrifying force before letting out loud howls to celebrate their victory.

"Teri, are you alright?" She was clearly concerned, but something about the large grey wolf felt familiar...

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

Melethia's eyes gleamed. "What about small electrical bombs to fry the group, Skyhair? Or some Flashbangs while we gut them? Ooh, maybe we can combine the compounds..." She was clearly getting into the plans as well and turned to Puce.

"Hey, why should we fight fair? As Mister Cage'd say, that's for suckers or people not smart enough to make things work for them! After all, we've got the stuff, so why not?"

time: ???

A young teenage boy probably around 15 was standing in the middle of a street. He had no clue where he was or how he had gotten there, but he could hardly see a thing because of the darkness. For Some reason there was no moon out. The boy felt scared and alone as he took in his surroundings.

There were houses on either side of the street. The strange thing was there were no side streets so he could either go forward or back. As he stood there frightened he swore he heard something in the darkness. At first it was just murmuring sounds, but eventually he could make out a few words. "Failure....", "Disgrace!", were just some of the few words that were spoken.

That's when he saw... it. It appeared to be a 12 year old boy at first, but with more inspection you could see that the boy was so skinny he might as well been a walking corpse. He had burn marks all over his body and he was missing teeth. But the worst part to the boy were the eyes. The thing had cat like eyes, but the iris was completely red while the rest of the eye was a jet black.

Just then he could hear the whispers get louder and saw that there were more small boys climbing out of the houses all oaky approaching him. He then felt the ground shake and turned around to see the ground split open. There was a black smoke and darkness that billowed out and seemed to infect the ground and air turning them both pitch black. He saw more of the things from before emerging from the crack.

That's when he turned tail and ran. Running as fast as he could be go about 20 to 30 feet before he stopped. Another crack had opened up in the ground. He turned left and saw nothing. Then he turned right and saw an open door. He quickly dashed inside and closed the door behind him. Only to have the windows shatter only moments later. He ran to the second floor of the building, and ran into a bedroom quickly closing the door behind him. He backed up to the window while the creatures banged on the door. That's when he saw a shadow figure just phase through the door and slowly walk towards him. He began to panic looking for a way out but he saw none. When the shadow got so close he could hardly stand it the shadow whispered "you are a failure..." It the hit him in the chest on sent him flying through the window towards the pitch black ground....

AA World

D.C. Battle Grounds.

Shadow could faintly hear the wind in his ears as he slowly woke up. That's when he heard a voice demand

WAKE UP!

Shadow quickly jerked his eyes open to find himself falling through the air at an alarming pace. He was had barely enough time to ajust himself so he didn't land head first. He hit the ground and cause the earth around him to crack and break.

Any broken bones he might have had quickly healed and he stood up. He quickly checked to see what weapons he has as he gazed at his surroundings. Was there a mass riot? There sure were a lot of crazy people about. He then realized e had his favorite sniper, a glock, a M4, and... wait he was missing something.....

Just the he looked up to see someone falling strait towards him who he easily caught. He instantly recognized the person as Taytum and have her a curious look behind his helmet.

Just then he heard "Kill the heretic!" It was then be noticed he was surrounded...

"Taytum... transform..." Was all he said as he went to ingage any enemies nearby out of pure bloodlust.

Time: Midday | January 2nd

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
"Did I not make it clear enough Miss Vermillion? I have no place in this world I helped to create and populate and inflict pain on. It used to be an escape for me from the terrors of my much simpler life back then. Now, I stand here in it, seeking to right my wrongs. I do not seek to atone for my sins, merely fix what destruction I have wrought, then take my punishment as it comes. THAT is why I have no desire to continue living here. As for returning to my true home, there is nothing there for me. It is as if I simply never existed. Trust me. I checked. So, true to the ideals of my homeland, Australia, I move forward. Neither of our national emblems, the Kangaroo and the Emu can step backwards, did you know?"

He turned to look her in the eyes, his fierce blue meeting her Vermillion.

"It is a good thing I am not your master then. He and I are quite different. And I cannot fault you on your logic of defining me as Captain. For now, I'm stuck with the job, eh?" he grinned ferally, showing the AI she had one thing right.

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle | David
"Mmm! They are not far away now, 2 more houses should nearly do it... The succubus is not well, her spirit radiates weakly for one of her kind."

Teri's jaw remained firmly at the floor when she saw the sheer brutality that the wolves were capable of, and shivered when she saw the pair of them approach; blood still dripping from their jaws.

The Grey one immediately took a familiar approach to Slindis, as it nosed her side gently, almost like a puppy demanding her attention. The black wolf, although about a foot smaller in both height and length, was still imposing in it's size over the young author; only stared at the girl as it's alpha (at least, Teri assumed it was it's alpha) tried to get Slindis' attention. That was when Teri noticed that the wolf was bleeding from it's snout, a cut no doubt from the attack on the rioters. Even if the wolf looked scary, she gave it a little bow, and said, "I don't know how you two came to find us, but praise unto God that you did. Now, please let me return the gesture..."

Raising a shaky hand, Teri concentrated healing energies into her palm, and only touched the wolf with her fingertips; the wound closing up simply and easily. The wolf blinked a little in confusion, and looked to the larger wolf as a private to their commander for prompting.

Slindis looked at the wolf for a few moments, trying to figure out where she knew it before she saw a small speckled pattern on his left forepaw that she'd seen a long time ago. "...Lupito? You made it out of there?" She approached the wolf before it pounced on her and started licking her on the face. To most others observing it would look like an attack, but it was more a sign of affection that showed the black wolf that it was fine to approach Teri. "You really grew up on me, didn't you? ...II'm so glad to have you back. But how did you find me?"

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
"Well, my goal is different from yours, is it not? Well, time to command then. Reposition us so that our patrol pattern is right on the limit of the enemy air defences, I would like us to be able to respond at a moment's notice. Keep the drones in current pattern, they are fine. All weapons armed and safeties off please. As best as you can, please liaise with Mr Dimitri and keep me updated on crew status and position. We're the support... The Cavalry. And the Cavalry can never afford to be late." Jake ordered. Fire returned to his eyes and spirit as he fell into a practiced routine.

He was used to commanding, both online and offline.

Akane | Aftan | Devon | Ella

He rubbed the Succubus' back as he continued to talk to her on the bench. "I know, it's not easy. But you can become your own person. If she really loves you unconditionally, she'd be happy with you taking whatever path you want. And as I keep telling you time and time again, I'll be here for you, Ella. I know that it's hard for you to see, but you really are an amazing person." The Bard hugged Ella before seeing Akane and Aftan approach and waved casually to them.

"Good to see you again, Aftan and Akane. What brings you here?" Devon seemed unusually calm for the chaos in the area around them.

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

She got an impish grin "What about a corrosive salt that absorbs the water out of the bodies? Mainly a contact thing, but it's something that wreaks havoc on 'em. It's also really flammable..." The two continued to bounce ideas off each other, each one more effective at taking the enemy out than the last.

Jenny | Lucifer | Slindis | Teri | Wolves

The black wolf relaxed upon seeing it's alpha act so lax around the other two-legged creature, and decided that this creature must have been the pup of the group. She was so small, and shaky. She had to be; given how fiercely the Female-Alpha looked after her. Thus, the black wolf brought it's snout down, and gave a happy whine when the girl began to scratch around it's head.

Teri laughed at this, "Goodness, I know wolves are supposed to be related to dogs, but this is ridiculous! Then again, black wolves are said to be genetically closer to dogs because of intermingling... hmmn, I wonder if I can name you? That other wolf seems pretty keen on Slindis, and she knows him."

She thought for a moment as she pet the white areas around the wolf's snout, and nodded, "How about 'Garm'? You know, guardian of Queen Hel's gates? Slayer of Tyr? Herald of Ragnorak? Ring any bells?"

The wolf only stared at the girl, but it did not object to the title. This made the Cleric laugh again, and more petting ensued, "Hey, Garm is an awesome name! Besides, you pull off the Hellhound look well, with that blood on your face."

As the notion of hellhounds entered and left her mind, Teri was reminded of what she had been trying to flee moments ago; and frowned faintly, "I wonder if they have hellhounds too? Not that I really want to ask..."

As she continued that thought, a sense of dread filled her stomach, and she began to notice... A tugging? What was this?

"... Ms. Slindis? I think something's wrong."

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe:

Time: Afternoon | January 2nd

Shadow walked away from a pile of mutilated bodies whistling gleefully. He began to search around looking for any members of the Rising Dawn so they could fill him in on the situation. He knew they were there because wherever trouble is they somehow seem to find it.

Akane smiled and waved at the young man and his partner. "Ohaiyo! Good to see you safe Devon-san! We came to link up with you, it's safer to travel in small groups. Is she okay?"

Airship Rising Dawn - The Beachhead

Jenny | Lucifer | Slindis | Teri | Wolves

Lupito finally finished licking Slin's face and looked at the other wolf, giving a small yip to signal to Garm that he'd be working with them now as he walked with Slindis over to Teri. "Teri, is it one of the people you put the Status spell on? We'll all move together this time to find the injured person." Slindis stroked the massive wolf that was up to her shoulders, remembering that he'd barely gone up to her calf the last time she'd seen him.

Devon nodded. "She's relatively okay, but something Mark injected into her really doesn't seem to be agreeing with her. Ella, feel up to moving with these two here? They do have a point: it will be a lot safer if we stick together."

Jenny

After taking a moment to compose herself after nearly getting killed by a huge mob which was then killed my Lupito and Garm, Jenny was now watching Teri and Slindis get to know their new/old pets.
She was tired and confused from the events thus far, It was then he sensed him.
"....The Injured person is that..."Man" from earlier...He's badly wounded. Come on, no time to waste." She said, the "Man" being Lucifer.

David/Rugal

David chuckled when Gabrielle stated she was his support.
"Copy that Gabs, I'm going to look out for Tomoya....Huh...Seems like out steroid pushing friend is rushing ahead..." He commented as he watched Rugal bypass several angry mobs.
It was less of a matter of them being a threat and more of him not wanting to tip everyone off.
....Nah....Not worth the bullet... David thought as he half plotted to snipe Rugal while he could.
So he focused on finding a better target: Tomoya.

Dark Tomoya.
Time: 8 am.
Weather: Black clouds.

As the crowd gathered right at the entrance of the Capitol building, Tomoya looked pleased with himself with the chaos he created. The cultists were battling the police, army and the Capitol building guards so Tomoya may have a clear path. D.Tomoya started to chuckled as he saw the cultists start their 'traditions', which involved blood, knives and guts spilling onto the American floor.

Deciding that he has caused enough chaos to make the world leaders flee into the secret underground bunker/escape tunnel of the Capitol building, Tomoya tore off his cultist clothes revealing his armor and new look for battle. Climbing up the steps the Dark Angel could feel multiple presences. A smirk appeared on his face.

"Hmm... Michael's guys have arrived... but also my dear fallen brother. Oh well... I can say hi later... " He said as he got to the top of the stairs but froze as he forgotten something. "Oh right!" He said as he pointed his hands to the floor, black lightning was gathering right underneath his hand and as Tomoya lifted his hand the black lightning created a sword made out of complete darkness.

While Tomoya picked it up, David had a perfect shot of the Dark Archangel.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
"Please Patch me through to the Tower of Andrews AFB. Let's see if a little diplomacy can go a long way."
"One moment... Done."
"Andrews Tower, Andrews Tower, this is the Airship Rising Dawn. I am currently operating in the airspace surrounding Washington DC in support of ground operations to defeat the Dark Angel Tomoya currently inciting Riots. I request permission to enter the DC airspace to provide Close Air Support. Can I count on your Vipers to assist?"

Aftan | Akane | Devon | Ella
Akane looked a little nervous at the prospect of blending in. Nine big fluffy pure gold tails were not easy to hide... And she did not like her pure human form much, it felt so cold and empty.

"Ano, I'm not sure that's such a good idea. Can we link up with anymore of the others? Perhaps a vehicle would suit us better... If only Jake were here, he would find us something. But we'll manage, right minna?" Akane said, clutching a tail.

Aftan | Akane | Devon | Ella

Devon nods. "Good point, Ella. Mind if I clean up first?" The Bard casts the Prestidigation to clean up the vomit from his clothing, leaving him as good as new minus the battered top shirt then extends his right hand to Ella to help her keep steady.

"It could work, but there's a pretty big chance they could notice something's up and all come down on us. Any ideas for what we'd do if it happened like that?" He was more concerned about the possibility of being in a very bad position and being unable to help Ella rather than being scared.

Slindis looked Lucifer's injuries over and turned to Teri. "I can aid him, but I'm going to need some help from you, Teri. Some of these wounds are quite severe." Lupito nuzzled Slindis then went near Jenny, and Jenny could hear coherent thoughts from the wolf. ...I can't believe I'm finally back with Slindis....and it's also good that Garm found a cub to aid...

David

As David scanned the idea, He used his line of sight to view the Capitol Building, looking for his target.
"Come on, where are you?..." He said to himself as he looked for the Dark Angel, his tunnel vision preventing him from focusing on anything else.
"DAVID! TOMOYA IS GOING FOR THE WORLD LEADERS!" Gabrielle exclaimed from her post as she got a visual of Dark Tomoya with his sword about to enter the building.
"I can't get a shot!"
"I see him..." He said as he chambered his round and lined up his shot.
This has to hit, I need to at the very least lure him away from the building... He thought as he began to sweat, this would be one of the hardest shots of his life thus far.
Deep breath.
hold.
*BANG!*
Exhale.

Tomoya was enjoying jogging up the stairs, humming the Rocky Theme as he did.
*BANG*
He remained unfazed as a bullet harmlessly passed by his head and into the stairs in front of him.

"....what?..." David said to himself, he....Missed?
"HE'S STILL STANDING! COME ON DAVID!"
"...no, no I don't miss!" He reminded himself as he took several more shots, each fuelled by anger and fury.

5 more ill placed shots raced past the Dark Ones head.

"...No....NONONONO!" He said as he reloaded and unloaded the entire clips in Tomoya's direction, screaming like Rambo as he did, each shot barely missing, adding to his frustration.
"David? What the hell is going on over there!?"

The closest he got was right beside one of the Angel's feet, he didn't even recoil or anything.
*BANG! BANG! clickclickclick*
As David realised he was now completely out and could only watch as Tomoya reached the top of the stairs, going as far as to actually turn around and hold his arms up in the air, just like Rocky, the Perfect shot.
"...Not like this, you son of a-!" He said before pulling out his M500 to try and hit what he couldn't with a sniper rifle.
*BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!clickclick...*
Nothing...

Thus Tomoya entered the building unharmed, sealing the fate of all those inside it.
"....I...Missed...." He said to himself in a defeated tone before falling on his knees.
"David, do you copy? David are you there!?"

Jenny

Jenny stood by as Slindis and Teri tended to that strange man from earlier.
She was yet to understand who he actually was, but from the emotions of Slin and Teri, she could tell he was important, somehow.
It was then she noticed she could hear Lupito's thoughts.
Wait...Did I just hear that? No offence, but I didn't think Dogs could think like humans...
It was then she realised what she did: Insult a 340KG Wolf.
She instinctively readied another barrier.

Dark Tomoya.
Time: 8 Am.
Weather: Black Clouds.

The scene everyone witnessed was much like the Rocky movie. Except people were running away from Tomoya and the only people running after him were cultists which he forgot they were there when he swung his sword for practice. The stairs were pretty much covered in red after that point and the best part for Tomoya is that he didn't mind them dying since they were a sacrificial/suicidal cult.

Noticing the shots coming from David as he went up the stairs, he decided to help him a little bit with his aiming. When Tomoya was climbing the stairs he managed to throw a single person in the air to block one from from David. Before Tomoya entered the building to kill everyone he first yelled out to David.

"Hey David... you might want to check your aim before killing civilians becomes a hobby... oops... I forgot that you did enough of that in Russia, AHAHAHA!"

Tomoya laughed as he entered the building and started to immediately kill all the guards in the area with his new darkness sword.

"I can aid him, but I'm going to need some help from you, Teri. Some of these wounds are quite severe."

Garm was a little less willing to be away from it's 'pup', as it followed Teri till she pointed towards Lupito and said, "Wait there, I can't see anything. And, if you don't mind terribly, could Jenny sit on you? She looks wiped out."

As she began her healing of the Morning Star, the Cleric couldn't help but feel her gut clench. Here she was, healing the Adversary of her God; and yet... No, she couldn't be thinking of that at that moment. Even if she was ambivalent about her feelings towards this being, Lucifer still had a role in the Cosmos to play. He said so himself, there can't be God without a Devil to oppose him. Besides, the notion of a new and crueler Satan did not sound the least bit appealing. At least with the man (what is too simplified to call him just 'man'?) before her, she knew kindness was possible from this beast. If what Devon said was true, he even sent his own Daughter out of Hell...

Thinking of all of this, Teri was still able to start the repairs on the stomach, making sure that the acids wouldn't be leaking on everything upon the closing of the abdominal wound. That would be worse than any hell...

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe:

Time: Afternoon | January 2nd

As Shadow looked for any members of the rising dawn he became increasingly lost. He somehow stumbled upon a battle between cops and cultists outside the capital. Although it was obvious which side was winning Shadow thought for a second on how he would approach this.

Should he try to blend in? Or should he just cut and shoot his way through? That's when he heard something inside his head say 'kill them.'

His body twitched a second as pulled out his M4 in one hand and held Taytum in the other. He walked slowly past an officer fleeing for his life.

'Kill'

Shadow quickly shot the officer in he head before charging into the battle area. Killing anything that moved.

Jenny, Lupito

Jenny readied another barrier when she saw that the wolf went up and panted happily. Hey, I can think just fine. It was still rude to call me that, although that's like calling you a green....floating...thingy, I dunno. I'll be fine if you don't refer to me by that, but if you want to keep going there, we'll have some problems The large wolf moved in between Jenny and Teri, trying to let Slindis' pup do what she was to the male there.

Slindis, Teri

As Teri worked on the gut, Slindis heard Lupito mentally talking to Jenny and shook her head as they fixed the injuries. There was still the issue of her going wild and putting the three in a position where they could have gotten killed, but now wasn't the time for that.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake

As they were awaiting the onslaught, a small screen blinked for a moment as Jake and Vermilion received the latest status report for each member of the Rising Dawn... Plus one.

Teri had finished casting 'Status' over the Devil himself when he started coming to, and was mentally kicking herself for doing so. With what she was about to ask him, there was no need to do so; but here she was, finished in casting the watching spell over him. However, the information she received was more than enough; and upon tapping the Fallen on the forehead for a moment, he began to feel a sensation of healing wash over him again, this one lasting a tad bit longer than the other healing magics she had been pumping into his system (Fast Healing via Healing Devotion).

The Cleric said nothing as she finished her treatment, and finally allowed Garm to come to her side again. The black wolf was eager to do so, and gently lopped over to his charge, the Gardevoir being allowed to rest her feet whilst riding him. The creature took one sniff of the wounded Archangel, and it's ears fell back, giving a whine of confusion as his charge took one last look over her patient.

Biting her lip, she distracted herself by petting her wolf companion as she spoke, "I told you it was a bad idea to stick around in that form... No doubt it's what got you into trouble, right?"

She didn't want to look in those eyes again, or to see those golden locks; those perfect wings. Her already confused heart couldn't take it. Burying her face in the wolf's fur to hide her expression, the girl's request was made, "You're fixed up now.. Right? Now can you go? There's no need for you to be here..."

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Ton Ton

"Ready when you are, bud! RAAAARRRGGH"

Ton Ton enforced a tactic that he had begun to perfect after riding around on Cadolbolg for so long; Diveboming with an extended knife. Bringing the keen weapon down, Ton Ton was able to get a man right in the collarbone; and downed him before you could say "Karma".

Caim and Angelus' heads shot up at the realization of what the Cutie Bruisers were up too, and Charged headlong into the fray; sword and flame at the ready.

Nobody messed with their kids and got away with it.

Battlefield Right outside the Capital.

Shadow could see the Capital in sight. He just had to stop the remainder of the cultists out of his way and he would be there. He could see Cadolbolg burning some of the cultists and though about talking to him, but decided that everyone would probably be heading to the capital too soon enough. He kept smashing the heads in of anyone nearby and was quickly making his way to the Capital.

Rugal

Despite his best efforts, The lone King was unable to find a path though the mobs that didn't involve mass murder, while he could do that, he was certain it'd only make things harder later.
Though this did give him time to think about Teri's letter.
Still a bitch move blaming me for when that Impostor attacked. Hell, her impostor did a better job then mine did! And on that note, why am I so bothered about this!? Christ dammit, have to double back...Then again....she was right about me breaking my word...
Thus Rugal went back in a attempt to re-group, they were most likely struggling without him anyway.

David West

As the rest of the crew began to clean up his mess, David was numb as he sat against the wall, Tomoya's taunting clearly taking its toll.
Between today, what little he did back during the monster attacks, His failure to stop Red Mage, how he was sedated during most of his "Rescue" of Elena, leaving a bunch of strangers he never met to do the work for him.
...You know what?...That's it, I'm done....I'm just going to leave. Yeah...Just grab my shit, get a transport, go back to my bungalow in Castlerea and wait for this to all blow over....If I can't save a bunch of old men in a building from him, how do I save humanity?...Just a guy in a fight of gods. Hell, Gabs could take over, she's a good shot...And I think half vampire or some shit, I dunno even know anymore...
Most of his time here, he was our gunned, this just proved it, His keen aim was the only reason he was even in this group, which is pretty redundant at this point in time.
Thus he took off his headset and began to collect his things, pausing for a second as he`glanced at the burning city.
"....Eh, who'd even notice me gone?..." He concluded as left his post.

Jenny

Jenny was relieved by Lupito's thoughts.
Sorry again, just this is unusual to find such sentient creatures outside of Kanto...
She was tempted to ask who that man really was, he was some kind of angel.
In the end though, it was clear it was none of her business and stayed out of it.

Aftan | Akane | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle

He nodded. "Ella, I understand you, but we could be missing something here as well on that. We've got to keep an open mind on this, you know? I'll keep the warning in mind, though." Deon began making his way with the rest of the group to the Capital Building, trying to get an eye for how many were there.

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

She laughed. "Who do ya take me for? Some idiot that can't even throw somethin' right?" As they closed on the group, Melethia threw the first of the vials at the crowd of Cultists.

David

Discarding his stolen SWAT Sniper into a burning shop front, David kept marching past dozens of lifeless bodies from where Rioters met Police.
"All I had to fucking do was hit him, Not call the General a short ass bald bastard, Actually fucking end a man who'd have us all killed the second it suits him, not kill an entire village because SOME FUCKING IGNORANT CHILD OUT OF MY SIGHT!" He ranted as he walked past.
Then it hit him.
".....How long were you standing there?..." He asked Tajuh, Riki and Kud when it dawned on him that he just passed a corner they were sneaking past.
"...You know what, I don't even care anymore. Have fun kids!" He snidely said as he kept walking from the battle.

David

Tajuh grabbed the man by the shoulder as Riki and Kud got to the side. "You're planning on running from here? You're planning on abandoning everyone here out of some sense of pity? You're taking the easy way out, and if you leave, you will always regret yourself for it. Sure, there's the chance that we could succeed without you, but then you'll always be telling yourself that you could have done more."

Looking him dead in the eyes, he continued. "You fucked up. So what? Nobody on this ship is perfect. You got up after each mistake, though. Now if you want to catch that Archangel off guard, follow me. We're slipping in right under the fucker's nose and you're the man for the job."

David

David shook off Tajuh's hand off his shoulder and said "No, You don't need me. You just need my gun, nothing else."
To show he wasn't messing around, he actually gave Tajuh his trademark M500.
"There. That is my contribution to your great quest. I am sick and tired of having to spend every second of my existence watching some bastard I can't do shit about kill billions of people. I mean, Come on, you could easily kill me dead the second you feel like it, Slindis, Rugal, Teri, Aftan, Even Jake! This is a massive Chess game between an never ending supply of genocidal manics! And I've had enough of it. Good day!"

Thus the marksman kept his course, hoping to get as many miles from these Heroes as possible.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 . . . 830 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here