The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 . . . 875 NEXT

Rugal
For the first time in quite a long time, Rugal felt outmathed.
He was blind, both literally and in relation to his rival, figuratively.
Part of him wanted to just leave it be, but that would be letting her win.
But it was clear that this environment was unsuited to his approach so tired his best to push it out of his mind and let her live.
For now.
That Elf saved your life He thought as he went to exit the armoury, not bothering to go for the cane for risk of being spotted.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Time: Night | January 1st

Melethia nods. "Yup. Now, apologize to Wheathair! Some of that stuff you said was really rude!" The Siren could see that the girl had the telltale calluses of someone's that fought for a long time. "C'mon, I'm waiting!"

Saya

"Ah, there you are. You forgot your cane dude." She paced over, in style with the cane and handed it to Rugal. See, even though she was sort of rude- she can be very considerate too. mean,when you have to do a million quests for people in one small city, you tend to bound with them well.

"You know, I think we should duel sometime. You're stronger then I gave credit for, I mean- blind or not, you would kick @$$ with me. Maybe not, I don't want to have to carry you on my back. You might weigh as much as my SMG does."

bluecrimson:
Melethia nods. "Yup. Now, apologize to Wheathair! Some of that stuff you said was really rude!" The Siren could see that the girl had the telltale calluses of someone's that fought for a long time. "C'mon, I'm waiting!"

Saya

Saya noticed someone yelling at her, and it seemed like Melethia was offended by Saya's approach to Rugal. Of course, this didn't cause any anger or strong emotions from the Siren. Instead, she shrugged and told Rugal, "No hard feeling, alright? I am not very .. comfortable with being here since I wanted privacy. But whining is for babbies, and I certainly grew out of crying my eyes out long ago. Not to b**** or anything."

Rugal paused mid walk as the Siren gave him back his cane as any hope of him retaining his dignity vanished.
Great, rub it in why don't you? He thought, if it wasn't for Melethia being there, he'd have hung Saya on that chain like at a gallows.
As Saya admitted he was a lot stronger then she expected something happened.
"....Um....Dude...I think your eye-hole is leaking...ewww..." she pointed out as Rugal realised his eye began to bleed down his face again.
"....Perfect...Just...perfect....It's something that flares up from time to time..." He said as he pulled out a tissue he picked up and wiped it off.
All because I lost that lousy fight... He thought as he went to leave.

Med Bay

"Ah! A question I may be able to answer myself. Commence Scan of Database: Codename: DIMITRI..."

^ (More or less, what the scan looked like)

A few moments passed as the AI searched the Avatar Adventures forum for clues about Kalastryn's Author, and his eyes resumed their normal state.

"Insufficient data. Apologies, User: Kalastryn. Your Author has not been encountered by the other Users with similar abilities to the Madam. Suffice to say; he or she is not in this realm, at least, not in written records. It is most likely that he or she has not encountered the Mage in Red, and is most likely unaware of his/her actions to you. Apologies."

AIM

Inuart nodded grimly, and climbed his way into the transport. To his delight, a familiar guitar case was in the transport; to which he took to immediately. He didn't bother to sing; for he didn't want to disturb his troops in their thoughts; but noticed that they looked rather glum.

"Hmn... Not very talkative, are we? Come on now, why the long faces, men? Are you afraid of what's to come? Do you not look forward to your reward? The money will be good."

bluerocker:
"Hmn... Not very talkative, are we? Come on now, why the long faces, men? Are you afraid of what's to come? Do you not look forward to your reward? The money will be good."

AIM Transport: En route to Reynolds Army Base
Inuart's attempts at conversation fell flat, getting a few glances saying "THIS is our CO?" from the men under his command.
After a minute of some gentle strumming, one of the men asked "Sir...I gotta ask, have you even BEEN in a fight before?..."
While it wasn't the best introduction, it did break the ice as one in the corner started to squirm in his seat from the rather un-comfortable Angel Uniform disguise.

Time: Night

The smell of gunpowder drifted through the small bathroom, and a deep red blood stained the bubbles and water of the bath. BlackHarte had his hand out, a small single shot pistol fell from his fingers and then he turned away and left the room for real.

Kyre's head was tilted awkwardly, a large hole and a dribble of blood fell from her temple, down her face and stained her cheeks before flowing into the water and onto Kurumu's skin. And then the Anti-Mage snapped awake from her dreamless sleep. The bullet dribbled out of of her head and the wound sealed itself, and with that, Kyre pushed herself out of the tub and looked outward, where BlackHarte once was.

It was strange, because she smiled, "It kinda hurts. But not as much as the first few times." She turned to Kurumu and wrapped her arms around her neck, "Let's get something to eat friend Kurumu."

Time: Timeless

Lucifer and Devon:

There was a slight smile on Lucifer's face as he took a black needle and pricked his own callused index finger. It took a while but he was finally able to squeeze out a drop of blood and stamp it onto the contact.

"Voila! Sign, sealed, delivered... you're mine." That wasn't exactly how the song went but it was definitely appropriate given the circumstances. With the contract signed by both parties, The Fallen One plunged the rolled up contract into his jacket pocket for safe keeping.

"So... let's see... oh yes. Let's start with an instrument." Lucifer said as he pulled out a sword (?) ... no ... the sword slowly began changing until it became nothing more than a black electric guitar (PRS Custom 24, Black Top).

"Let's change the venue as well." Lucifer said as he Devon found themselves on stage, in front of a gathered crowd of damned souls.

"I'm putting you in charge of Morale. Cheer them up." The Devil stated as he pointed to a Fender Stratocaster on stage. It had seen much better days. In fact... it looked positively distressed since there was a number of dings and scratches on the body and neck and there were a number of spots that Devon correctly identified as bits of flesh and blood stuck to the musical axe.

"So... Power chords. Made oh so popular by the band Green Day..."

As the lesson started, the damned began throwing chunks of themselves at the stage... while Devon on the other hand found that he could only move in about a 10 foot radius... a chain on his ankle kept him from moving off stage.

"I'd pick this up quickly if I were you... I've signed you up for a gig at Sturgis Biker Rally next."

Puce, Kurumu, Tajuh, Caim, Cadolbolg, Fionn, Kyre:

There was a pause before Puce spoke... the bit of time where everything goes silent in a room for no reason. Finally, Puce's mouth spat out its words.

"I don't think we're going to be able to agree on this topic one way or another. You can push your friends but forcing them to perform actions against their will or actions that they aren't comfortable with... that's asking for disaster. Worse still... you might as well declare yourself Leader for Life in that case." The Asian replied.

Before Tajuh could respond, Kurumu and Kyre entered the room, causing Puce's attention noticeably drop from Tajuh.

"Hey there, Puce. You're finally awake I see." The Succubus said with a heart stopping and jaw dropping smile as she sat down next to him.

"Aren't you going to introduce us to your friends?" She asked as she brought over a few sandwiches and cold drinks for the men assembled at the table and for herself and Kyre.

"Uh... sure. Tajuh, Fionn. This is Kurumu..."

"His awesome Succubus life mate." She said with a smile.

"Yeaaaah... and this is Kyre." He said nodding his head towards the Anti-Mage.

Mark, Jake, Teri, Slindis

There was a bit of a laugh that came from Mark's direction. This new version of Slindis was... rather uptight.

"Look... Slindy. That's fine that you have no idea what I'm talking about... since I'm sort of an Oracle or something. I'm your eyes in the skies, Incorporeal, Insane, Incalculable, Irreplaceable, Dramatist, Geek, Nerd, Funky Child of Disaster. Or you can call me Mark. Pleased to make your acquaintance!" Mark said with a dramatic bow and when he straightened himself back up, he displayed the fact that he had covered his face with a smiling mask.

"No need to introduce yourself... I know all about you. Devon told me about you."

There was a bit of a pause... a Mark felt a scan of the Avatar Adventures Databases being performed and then he looked over at the A.I. known as Dmitri.

>>Avatar.Sensory.Enable Dmitri

"I know you..." Mark said peering into Dmitri's eyes for a moment before returning his attention to Slindy.

Disasterchild:

>>Avatar.Sensory.Enable Dmitri

"I know you..." Mark said peering into Dmitri's eyes for a moment before returning his attention to Slindy.

Diablo1099:

Inuart's attempts at conversation fell flat, getting a few glances saying "THIS is our CO?" from the men under his command.
After a minute of some gentle strumming, one of the men asked "Sir...I gotta ask, have you even BEEN in a fight before?..."
While it wasn't the best introduction, it did break the ice as one in the corner started to squirm in his seat from the rather un-comfortable Angel Uniform disguise.

bluecrimson:

Tajuh shrugged. "Sometimes, if you care about your friends, you have to be there to keep each other in line. It's what I've had to do, and I'd do it again if I had to. After all, there's a certain point where the only thing that will get someone to see sense is a good punch to the face."

When Puce mentioned being cautious around Lucifer, he laughed. "With some of the wars I've taken part in, I'm already likely to see him. Besides, there's some things about him that aren't easily seen."

Canteen

Caim gave a grunt of agreement with Tajuh's statement; "He's right. I've often had to had slapped a few of my soldiers into shape when things looked grim. Otherwise they would have lost their minds."

Angelus laughed at her perch; in this case, a simple barstool with a plate of various meats on the counter; "HA! Speak for yourself, Caim. You've needed my help in that respect as well. Had I not been there; you would have lopped off the heads of half the people we've met.

But Puce; as for the Morning Star; you must admit, despite his status, he has been helpful in this war. In fact, it is because of him some of the Writers have come here, why we have weapons that harm angels and why we have a new Cleric. Even if he is the Father of Lies, he has his uses."

Ton Ton's head tweaked at that statement; "You're awfully optomistic; giving the Devil compliments."

The dragon laughed again, "Don't look down upon me for listing his utility in this war. Whatever help we can get is the best when clashing with the Corrupted Divine. Were it any other case; I would be a bit more stingy..."

Med Bay

Dimitri merely stared back at Mark after answering Kalastryn's question (and being placed back on the bed next to his sleeping Creator)

"User: Mark, Codename: Disasterchild. Are you intimidated by my capabilities? Or are you simply acknowledging my existence?"

Inuart smiled faintly and continued plucking on the guitar, "I have; in my home world. Most of life was in war. My sword is my arm, and my armor my flesh. I have seen cannons rip men apart, as well as dragons burning their flesh to bone to ash. I have seen the hope drain from friend and enemy alike, and have seen it return 10-fold when re-enforcements arrived. So yes. I have seen war. And I've survived it.

If you ask me this because of what I am doing now, it is because this comforts me. It is a stability; my ability to play and sing. I can always turn to it when I am afraid, or I am unhappy. Looking back, I was a fool to trade away something so precious. But now that they've returned, I can look upon it in comfort again. Do you think me weak for doing something I love on the eve of battle?"

Okay everyone time to get your asses up and ready to continue the arch.

Riki & Kud plus the others.
Time: 6 am.

"Yeah you are the angry... huh?" Riki began to talk but saw Rugal walk off and start off the whole event with the new comer call Maya, a vault hunter. "People on this place are just strange... but powerful." Riki said to himself as he unloaded the rest of his clip into the target, missing but still managing to hit it. He had to do this so he could protect her... with all the power he had.

The only thing he wanted too was a katana, thanks to the inspiration a friend gave him.

As the event with the three in the armory went on, Kud met up with her lover. "Riki~" She said devoid of energy and slumped onto him. "WA- ... it's you Kud. Where have you been!?" He asked with a concerned voice. "Melethia san is teaching me to fight." Kud said and showed off her two new weapons. "Hmm how did you do... you look tired." Riki asked as he gave her his hand and the two walked into the armory.

"I landed a hi-" She cut herself off as she saw Rugal leave the armory. Riki picked up a holster for his gun and equipped it as the two decided to meet the new girl.

The couple walked up to Maya and Melethia. "Umm your Melethia san right... thanks for training Kud." He said and took his attention to Maya. "Sorry about that man... he tends to be angry Maya san." Riki chuckled.

Dark Tomoya.
Time: Early morning.

As the man took a swig from Tomoya's flask of mystery, the man began to choke. "Guh... what... have you done... to me-" The sherif gasped as he saw Dark Tomoya look over him, showing off his sadistic smile. "Nothing... I'm just starting the hunt." He smiled and took a bite out of the wolf steak.

After the Sherif had passed out, Tomoya tied him to a tree. Once the man woke up again he could only see darkness and the dark figure above him. "You know... funny thing about having these powers..." Tomoya started to talk, the man could easily see black lightning flowing out him and surrounded him. Now he could sense the evil coming from the Dark Archangel. "Everywhere I go slowly begins to corrupt and turn to darkness... for example." He pointed at the trees which were turning darker and darker with each hour. "Why are you doing this?" The sherif asked his last question. "Hmmm... I really don't know that... I guess I just hate life." Tomoya said as he posed his fingers and whistled loudly.

Quickly, Dark Wolves came out from behind Tomoya. They have came to their master. "It was nice meeting you... but I have a town to burn." He laughed and left in a blink of an eye. The wolves gathered around the tree and sherif and the only thing Tomoya could hear was screaming and a death gurgle from the wolf's feast.

Meanwhile.

The airship had finally arrived at the Mayan Temple of Light, the forest was thick and left no place to land. Everyone could sense and even see that the Temple had been corrupted by darkness and the same thing happened to the forest surrounding it. The crew didn't know, but both the forest and temple held much darkness and danger awaiting for their arrival.

The now dark living creatures in the forest looked up at the ship and easily saw pray.
It was time for everyone to gather and face their fears.

Lucifer and Devon:

The man was clearly under a bit of stress, but he decided to just try to ignore those damned souls in there and focus on the guitar. It was clearly difficult, but Devon clearly found that there was no better way to pick the basics up than a trial by fire. Okay, Devon, you played a bit of guitar way back, and you were in Orchestra back in high school. You may not have paid much attention, but you aren't an idiot.

Lucifer could see that Devon was still under a bit of stress, but the man was picking it up out of necessity.

Puce, Kurumu, Tajuh, Caim, Cadolbolg, Fionn, Kyre:

Tajuh shrugged. "Let's agree to disagree then. You have valid points as well. If I mess up, I'd like it if one of you were there to fix my path, because I'm not perfect." He hoped that he was impressing on Puce that he didn't want to force them to do anything by that last statement.

When Kurumu introduced herself, Tajuh waved. "Good to meet the real Kurumu. And one small question: Wy does this Kyre smell of blood?"

Mark, Jake, Teri, Slindis

Slindis frowned upon hearing Devon's name. "Look, if you aim to be a friend of mine, you can start by not hiding off in your little loveshack thinking you're a god while we've got a major threat to deal with here in the form of that Fallen Tomoya. And if you want to act patronizing towards me, I can go and ask my daughter to make something that will produce screeches or something that can impact ghosts." It was pretty clear that the approach Mark was taking was not appreciated.

Lucifer and Devon:

Lucifer watched as Devon started off by taking the hits like a champion. Unbeknownst to the wannabe bard however, the chunks of flesh weren't just random debris that had been sent to impress upon the man how shitty his playing was. They also carried with them a bit of a negative stat effect that was stacking upon itself each time Devon was hit.

He slowly started feeling weaker, less energetic, as if someone was putting concrete in his shoes.

The Fallen one sighed as he showed the Human a couple of chords.

"Let's talk about Flamenco Guitar... the inspiration for the Spanish Flamenco dancers. It's a highly energetic form of music... one that lifts your spirits... lifts your soul... lifts your energy." The Demon said as his electric guitar became a nylon stringed acoustic.

"LAY ON MCDUFF! LAY ON!"

Puce, Kurumu, Cadolbolg, Tajuh, Angelus, Caim, Ton Ton, Fionn, Kyre: - Canteen

Puce looked over at Angelus with a smirk on his face. He hadn't noticed the dragon sitting there with Ton Ton. He gave them a friendly wave as he responded.

"Sure he's helped us but there's still the matter of him having destroyed villages... let's not talk about all the evil deeds in the world that have been committed in his name." The Ener-mancer said with a glum look.

Now it wasn't very frequent that Kurumu brought attention to the fact that she was a daemon but in this case, she needed to correct Puce on a certain topic pertaining to a certain Arch-Daemon.

"That's the thing though love. It's not that he goes out an possesses people and makes them do this sort of stuff. People use him as a scapegoat so that they can justify their own dark deeds, baby. His job is to test people that on the border of good and evil, see which way they'll go. If you're already a damned soul, why waste the time making them do stuff like massacre others?" The Succubus said before she looked a Tajuh.

"It's also a pleasure to meet you too, Captain. The Phantasm's have been filling me in on your orders and such. Looks like you're doing a pretty good job of keeping everyone in line." She said with a smile before answering the question regarding Kyre.

"Ummm... well... there's a time in every girl's life where ... let's just say it's a woman thing." The Succubus lied as the P.A. flared to life.

"ATTENTION CREW: WE'RE REACHED OUT DESTINATION! YOU MIGHT WANNA CHECK THIS OUT!" One of the Phantasm Kurumu's blared.

Aftan, Gabrielle and Akane: - Observation Deck

Well when we last left off there was a bunch of tackling... probably followed by a bunch of well... stuff that's now appropriate for polite discussion. Let's just say there was a pile of Knights and Kitsune when the announcement was made.

"ATTENTION CREW: WE'RE REACHED OUT DESTINATION! YOU MIGHT WANNA CHECK THIS OUT!"

Elena, David, Neeraj and Armageddon - Hanger

Elena smiled at David as they loaded the last of the Twilight Discs into a portal and blasted the crap out of it.

"Alright love. I think that's it for Twilight. How about we start blasting all the Romantic Comedies on the ship into tiny fragments too." The portaler said with a smile as she showed David a copy of Sex in the City the Movie (1 and 2) as well as its companion season.

Now... far be it from me to spoil anyone's fun but the announcement had to come sooner or later.

"ATTENTION CREW: WE'RE REACHED OUT DESTINATION! YOU MIGHT WANNA CHECK THIS OUT!"

Mark, Jake, Teri, Slindis, Kaladryn, Dmitri - Medical Bay

Loveshack? Loveshack? Surely she didn't mean...

"Look Slindy. I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm not a ghost but rather I'm a figment of your imagination, literally. It's technical but I'm logged into your visual and audio cortex and allowing you to see me. So if you think that Melethia will be able to do anything to me, you're wrong. Besides... you should be thanking me for bringing her here for you... I did bring Lucifer into this world." Mark explained patiently. Clearly this version of Slindis wasn't as nice as the other one.

"Anyways... like I said... I'm here to act as the Intelligence Officer for you guys. Since I'm incorporeal, I'll be able to see things that you aren't able to see and report it right back to you. For instance... there's a bunch of corrupted creatures eyeing this airship like a lunch box right now."

It was then that Mark turned towards Dmitri.

"Intimidated? Hardly. But I will say it's interesting to meet Teri's rendition of an A.I. There's a lot of ways that an A.I. can be portrayed. For instance, A.I. Vermilion here." The Dramatist said as his form suddenly shifted for a moment to display a woman dressed in a red hooded cloak. While she did look rather unintimidating, Dmitri could sense a whole host of A.I. countermeasures and hacking programs built under her hood (pun intended).

"Seriously? Already?"

Altea, Melethia, Kud, Riki, Rugal and Saya - Armory

Time: Early Morning

Kyre|BlackHarte

"Well, Sir Tajuh," Kyre answered politely, giving a small bow to the man, "I was recently shot in the head."

BlackHarte put his hands on Kyre's shoulder and gripped her tightly, his face wore a fake smile, "Mind not the young master, she has been suffering from hallucinations for some time now. The smell of blood stems from her scar tissue tearing when under heat."

The young Anti-Mage placed her hands on BlackHarte's and dug her nails into his skin, "I feel a deep presence here Kurumu. I think we've reached our destination."

Nessaj and Armageddon

The Chaos Knight mounted the fiery steed and rode the horse over to the open hanger and looked downward, fire licked the inside of his armor and helmet as he longed to destroy the light that resided within the temple. Even if it meant smashing through the chaotic darkness that surrounded it.

Saya

Usually Saya wouldn't get so startled, but she shook for a sec as an announcement came up on the speakers.

Least it wasn't something going-

"ATTENTION CREW: WE HAVE AN INTRUDER, KILL HER IMMEDIATELY!"

Fixing her hair since the left side of it overlapped her eyesight, she started to walk casually. However, she was already aware that she's no longer here in secret. Hopefully she wouldn't walk into anymore people, since the last few rooms and locations lacked anyone in sight. Perhaps she was going to get off without being detected after all!

"Should of gotten a map, d*** it.. well at least-"
And right before her, she came into the Canteen with multiple people in it, their faces turned to her. She wasn't scared, but no doubt did she feel awkward.
"God. D***. It."

Lucifer and Devon:

Devon noted the fact that he was getting tired, but muscled on through. After all, if he was gonna go on and quit from this little, he may as well not have signed the contract! Opening his eyes, he worked on feeling the rhythm of the music as he began to avoid the chunks of flesh being thrown at him. Keep going. This may be unpleasant, but nothing worthwhile was achieved by me sitting down and saying I can't.

Lucifer could see the determination in the man's eyes as he continued on, and he could see Devon was putting everything he had into getting this right.

Tajuh gave Kurumu a look that said he knew that line was full of crap before clearing his voice. "You heard her. Everyone that's heading to the temple, to the Bridge!" Tajuh got up and made his way to the bridge, having given that line more to inform the others they were about to depart more than an order.

Slindis rolled her eyes. "Look, you didn't create Lucifer. You merely found him and tapped into him for some time, just in the same way that Devon didn't create me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to accomplish something rather than just hover around and pester people." She walked out of the Med Bay and made her way to the Bridge.

Altea, Melethia, Kud, Riki, Rugal and Saya - Armory

Melethia grins. "C'mon, everyone! We're at that temple, so let's see what we're in for!" She ran off to the bridge, leaving the impression that this girl was far too excited for the current deathtrap.

Akane helped her knights up and the three got dressed, Aftan using her Phoenix's to clean them off and clean them up. Water and Air come in handy sometimes! The three headed down to the Bridge, somewhat eager to get back on the warpath and save the day. Their holiday had been all too short, they never even visited Paris!

Medbay
Jake nodded and watched the proceedings, happy to just stand by Teri and keep the noise down. Then the Announcement came, and action was required. "Dimitri, can you play a song for me, max volume, it's time to wake up Miss Teri. We march for battle again it seems."

Med Bay

"Because you asked nicely. Awaken, Madam. Wake up and smell the Rallying Call."

As the song played Teri rolled around a little, and sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"We're here? Alright. I'll be right behind you, Jake. I need to talk to the Big Man upstairs for a minute..."

"Should I bring up 'The Player's Handbook 1' Madam?"

Teri did not answer her AI as her hands clasped in prayer. Clearly, she had the matter under control.

The AI couldn't help but smile, and bowed, "As always, I am here if you need me. Dimitri out."

Canteen

Caim, Angelus and Ton Ton's heads perked up at the sound of the alarm, began their way to the Bridge. Caim, however stood still for a moment, his eyes glazing over again as he began to peruse the Armory. Angelus rolled her eyes, and tugged the swordsman numbly along as he picked out what to take to the Temple.

Lucifer and Devon:

Lucifer watched as Devon started getting into the rhythm of the song that he was playing but not only that, the ghouls that were casting chunks of their own flesh seemed to be infected by the music as well, their attacks starting to follow the song's rhythm as well, allowing the wannabe rock star to more effectively dodge the attacks.

"Alright... let's see what else we can do." Lucifer said as he snapped his fingers, calling in a few fire imps to add a little pyrotechnical work to the mix. However, they didn't attack Devon, instead they were on stage with him, dodging trying their hardest to dodge the incoming ghoul attacks... but you know Imps... it was as if they were born with two left feet.

Kurumu looked at Kyre and nodded, she could feel the presence of the corruption that had spread in the lands below. While it wasn't of the same darkness that the succubus had been born into, it was as familiar as it was alien.

"I know, Kyre. We're going to have to go down there and fight it. Do you think that you'll be able to help?" Kurumu asked, concerned for the girl and looked over at Puce for a moment, as if to reassure him that no matter what, she was going to go down there with him.

"Come on. You heard the man... let's get going before we're left behind." The man said aloud as he got up, gathering his equipment as he did. The time for drinking was over.

Aftan, Gabrielle and Akane: - Hallways

"Why are we even going to the bridge when we all know that the three of us could clear out the area without a bunch of fuss." Gabrielle said as she grabbed a passing piece of Shadow and formed it into a portable flamethrower.

"Because, Gabs. We have not the slightest clue what we are up against down there. We need to get our orders and formulate a strategy." Aftan responded seriously as she prepared herself mentally for the task at hand.

"Sounds BORING to me." Gabs said as she unleashed a torrent of fire down the hallway. Luckily no one was in its path.

Elena, David, Neeraj and Armageddon - Hanger

Elena looked down at the forest below and gasped at the sight of the corruptive influence that Tomoya had had on the environment around the Temple. The once green plant life had grown dark, taking on the appearance of man eating plants.

She looked over at the rider and his steed.

"We're going to have to go down into that? Don't you think your armors going to snag in the growth down there?" The soldier asked as she tried to find a spot that would make a good entry point for one of her portals.

Mark watched as Jake woke Teri up before he decided to take a look at things down on the ground. It took a minute but her managed to alter his X,Y,Z coordinates and placed himself at ground level, smack dab in the middle of hurt town.

"Jeez. This isn't very original." Mark muttered as he started scouting around.

Med Bay
Jake nodded and knelt down beside the young Cleric on one knee, holding a hand on his heart and the other on his sword. "Gods above, hear my prayer. I ask for strength to protect all those dear to me in the fight ahead. I ask that you watch over my allies, and spare mercy for the souls of those I must end to keep those dear to me alive. May the dice fall forever fair and true, may blood forever be spilt for Khorne and more skulls added to his throne, and may the Old Gods forever live on in their realm in Peace, now and forever." Finishing his prayer to his Gods with a short silence, Jake stood up and adjusted his gear.

"What? You lot all pray to your God or Gods, just as I do mine."

Hallway to the Bridge
Akane nodded and agreed with Aftan. "Aftan is right, as usual Gabs. We aren't the only ones going in this time, so we'll need to speak with the others. Try not to light them all on fire before we get down there, okay?"

Mayan Temple/Forest.

From the airship you could see no ground, trees were covering line of sight from the muddy earth. If that wasn't bad enough, black clouds were hovering above the sky. Giving birth to lightning and thunder which was acting like some kind of guardian to the temple itself. It would rain hard, and soon, which will allow flash floods to pour in and make the ground dangerous for anyone or thing. They would have to drop out from the airship and wonder this maze of a forest to reach the temple.

Down below on the forest floor were many kinds of dark and now corrupted animals, they now belonged to the dark grasp of their enemy. The area was corrupted along with the temple, the sense of darkness was strong in the air. Even the tribes of the area were corrupted by the short appearance of the Dark Archangel. Death was in it's element here.

People or creatures not tainted by the the darkness were sure to face a hard challenge, From every single thing. Everyone needs to bring the proper gear and state of mind to survive this now dark and black environment.

Riki & Kud.
Time: 6 am.

Looking outside the couple began to prepare for the trip down into the dark forest. Immediately look down upon it installed a sense of fear into them, but they knew they had to go. The two both had suitable boots to travel in the mood. Kud only bought her dagger and left her short-sword in their room. Riki only bought his gun and a box of ammo to carry. The couple had began to walk to the bridge.

"Stay safe..." A voice whispered to them.

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Morning | January 1st

Mark:

From ground level, Mark could hardly see a thing in front of him but it was probably for the best since the Forest surrounding the temple had been rendered into that of insanity. The old growth trees, once brown and green, filled with life had become blackened by the miasma that surrounded the temple. There were no longer what you could call leafs that clung to these trees, rather the smell of rot and decay clung to the branches and their skeletal leafs giving any who crept through the mud a partial view of the rolling black thunderheads that blotted out the sun.

Dark Tomoya's corruptive influence wasn't just restricted to the flora. Beasts that were only man eaters in stories told around campfires had truly become the eaters of men. As the Dramatist continued to slog through the muck on the ground, a huge panther with crimson eyes leaped through the dense branches, unhindered by the thorny vines that writhed, as if seeking its own prey.

"Bloody... fucking... hell..." Mark muttered to himself as he saw a rather gigantor dragonfly swoop down and grab a child sized chameleon, puking a corrosive acid upon it as it flew off.

Well that was that... enough Intel for a moment.

>>Recall Airship.RisingDawn.Medbay

Mark, Jake and Teri:

THUMP!

Yeah... that was Mark... back from where ever he had disappeared to after the Airship's arrival had been declared by the Kurumus.

"Ahhh... Christos... hey guys!" The Dramatist said, waving at Jake and T.

"It's a total shithole down there." Mark reported... as well as explained what he had seen.

Med Bay

Teri laughed after Jake's comment, "I said nothing about your Gods. There is no need to be defensive. Now, we'd best be on our-"

That was when Mark appeared.

"Way."

When Mark explained the situation, Teri grimaced, and nodded, "We'll make sure to tell the others. Jake, shall we?"

Bridge

Caim had finally sorted out the weapons in his inventory, and waited patiently with Angelus, Cadolbolg and Ton Ton to see what the briefing was on the descent.

Lucifer and Devon:

As the performance continued, Devon began improvising in some areas to add a little more flair. Although the changes weren't revolutionary, they added some spice to the song. As well, the imps were able to roughly dance along to the changed bits, although they were still quite clumsy. It was clear to Lucifer that it may be time to change to the next area for Devon's learning. Hmm, this isn't too bad...

The Bridge - Canteen

Tajuh looked around at the group that had made their way to the bridge and looked at the decent sized group in there with him. "Good to see you all up here. Now, due to the conditions and terrain, we cannot land directly at the temple, so we're going to be aiming for a spot to the south of it. For those of you who are just joining the Rising Dawn's Ranks, this will not be easy. In the case that you are separated, be ready to defend yourselves and make your way to the temple. Slindis and Teri will be your main medics, although the fact that these two will be splitting their resources amongst so many means that recklessness is not an option here. We must also take the weather into consideration, as there is a very high possibility of thunderstorms and risk of flash flooding, so stick to the high ground if possible."

He paused for a moment to allow everyone the chance to understand. "When we arrive at this temple, we will be working in groups to cover as much ground as possible. There will be traps in there, so if someone in your group calls one out, give them the time to do their work. If anyone has any issues they wish to bring up, do so now."

Saya

It seemed like Saya was 'accepted' into the group. She was stunned that no one questioned her, gave her a look or anything relating to suspension. Seemed they were more focused on their location, and it was a good reason too. This jungle, or typical forest that's not meant to be normal... had giant creatures it seemed, like a huge dragonfly. Of course, to Saya it was natural to see oversized creatures on Pandora or least on any planet given.

She took out her SMG and started walking with her hips swaying, gazing at the scenery without saying a word, nor caring if she's supposed to stick with the group. However, she was interested in knowing why they were here.
"So .. what are we here for? Seeing a big @$$ temple over there, I say you're coming in on the loot right? Or maybe you're all in it for the hero's duty if you want to call it that."

However, this seemed a bit ... dark. Glancing over the landscape and the scenery, it wasn't like a wasteland nor regular exotic mark of land. Rather, it felt wronged. This wouldn't stop Saya but now she would have little reason to shoot whatever was tainted here.

Tajuh turned to the new woman, quickly eyeing her up before addressing her question. "Our goal here is to retrieve an artifact here which will give us a chance to weaken the Fallen Angels so we can hit them hard. Anything else that's picked up on the way can be taken by whoever wishes to do so, but we travel light. Understood?"

Saya had to brush her hair to the side again before facing Tajuh, since it was raining and her hair tends to get flatter then it already is. "I'm going to give it to you straight... as a Vault Hunter, I go my own routes. I don't need a leader, there's no leader. If you want to be a friend, I will like that. Otherwise, I don't want to sign up for the 'army', thanks."

Tajuh kept a firm stare on the Vault Hunter's eyes. "I'll explain it to you in terms that you care about. Everything not nailed down in there besides this one artifact that we are looking for is up for grabs. The others here will ensure your safety while doing so. If you need me to break it down further, I can go make a flowchart for you." The tone in the man's voice clearly showed that he was not in the mood for these games.

Saya took a moment to think about the situation. She then smiled and gave a soft nod stating, "Alright, i'm down with that. As long as piles of bodies aren't crawling over one another for the artifact(s) or treasure, you will have me at my best behavior. Don't think of that as what teachers and hot students exchange to each other. I'm not that kind of girl. I was raised by ... ... monks, yah- screw it, let's move on."

Saya switched her SMG to a pistol, a very legit looking one with a scope attached and a long barrel. It even had a clip magazine that extended to where it seemed a machine gun would be rather suited best for it.

Aftan, Gabrielle, Akane, Saya and Tajuh

"Not to interject on your dealings, Captain Tajuh, but I feel that I must inform you that the Knighthood has claims on any artifact that we deem too dangerous to fall in the hands of civilians." Aftan al Said said as she strode into the Bridge, accompanied by Gabrielle and Akane.

"Meaning... the Girl's goods gotta get screened by us first." The Shadow Knight added as she sat down in the chair and propped her feet up on a console.

"Apologies for my companion's impenitence, but her statement is not far off the mark. Given the age of the temple and the dangers that we sense surrounding it, I feel that there are bound to be artifacts that might prove dangerous in the hands of a potentially inexperienced civilian." There was a finality to the statement. Aftan would not be swayed.

"Speakin' of which... who you?" Gabs said, though she was no longer in the chair where she was seated, rather her head was sticking out of the shadows cast by Saya.

Caramel Frappe:
snip

bluecrimson:
snip

Disasterchild:
snip

Altea walks into the bridge where Tajuh and the others are, taking a small bow to show manners, she then takes out her hammer nd puts the head on the floor, leaning on it. "sorry I'm late, just woke up after what I assume was a couple days unconscious locked in a closet aboard... anyhow, anyone mind telling me where we're headed and what's going on?"

Gabrielle looked at Altea from her spot, between Saya's legs or rather the shadow that Saya cast that happened to be between Saya's legs, with a rather disturbed, well more disturbed than usual look on her face.

"Wait... Waaaait... WaitWaitWait... Waaaaaaait. You woke up unconscious, in a closet, in a strange place and you first questions are what's going on and where are we going? Shouldb't it be 'WHICH ONE OF YOU CLOWNS KIDNAPPED ME?!?!'" The head belonging to a short red haired Knight asked. Strangely enough, the outburst did make sense, which was a rarity for Gabrielle. However the Knight in White sighed at her companion's outburst.

"Apologies for my companion, Mistress but she is rather energetic given the coming battle. We are headed towards an Ancient Temple, which has been corrupted by a Dark Angel, in search of an artifact has the potential of helping us destroy said Dark Angel." Aftan was quite used to seeing new faces on the ship given its history and its nature.

"So... Laaaaady. Who ARE you?" The insane one asked.

"One again I must apologize for my companion. She has been spending far too much time playing online games against foul mouthed opponents. My name is Aftan al Said, my loud companion is Gabrielle D'arcangelo and my Kitsune companion is Akane." Aftan said with a bow of her own. Altea might have noticed a certain way that Aftan had said companion... An indication that this trio was bound by something more than just travels.

Rugal
After leaving to clean himself off after his latest bleeding, Rugal quickly made his way to the bridge, hearing the lighting in the sky above them
"....He felt the need to give this place his personal touch....Must be something really important then..." He concluded as he picked up a metal staff instead of his cane and waited for the others to gather.
This was going to be a harsh trip and he wanted to make sure they knew that.

David West
David was about to blast a copy of "Hitch" when Puce called on the intercom and threw off his aim slightly.
"Guess Break time is over. Time to go to work." He said as he geared up and made his way to the bridge.
He seemed rather cheery, least until Rugal came into view.
"....Hey, Elena.....what would you say if the blind man had a.....accident...on this mission?..." He said, evil thoughts of him "Failing" to save their beloved captain.

Viscus
As the crew set out, Viscus ensured the ship would remain secure, as much as he could, despite his best efforts, this place seemed like a spawning ground for Heroes and he couldn't just shoot every one of them.
Well, he could, but that was beside the point.
So he watched the skies for Angel forces while at the same time overseeing...

AIM Transport
...Another operation altogether.
The soldier seemed impressed.
"Man....I can't help but think that at some point they'll just replace the lot of us with Off-Worlders."
"Nah. Viscus Drones. Those things are nasty." Another commented as they all nodded in agreement.
"Tell Me...Err...."Captain", ever hear the term "Never take a knife to a gun fight?" He asked, clearly mocking his choice of weaponry.

He shifted his stance to address Aftan's issue. "I can understand your position, but any disputes your group has over the items in the temple must wait until we finish. Arguing while we are on the way or in the temple only serves to break the group apart, and if it needs to be discussed further, take it up with the Vault Hunter when that time arises. Any issues?" He inwardly sighed to himself before answering Kalastryn's question.

"Kalastryn, we are going to be entering a temple to retrieve the Orb of light with the goal of utilizing it against the Fallen Archangel's forces. I know that you've done similar missions back in Xen'Drik, so this should be somewhat familiar to you. The approach will require cutting a path through the forest, and attacks by locals should be expected."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 . . . 875 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here