The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 . . . 805 NEXT

"Listen! Phoenix! we're not reviving Umbrella, no. not that evil company. Aperture science is what will be returning. Imagine the good that we could do with labs in the science and medical fields!" she said, trying to bring him around.

Phoenix Nemesis

Phoenix wasn't having any of that as he shook his head and began to walk off, over the bodied of the mutants that died in the purge.
Dani forgot that Phoenix lived here for years, saw the remains of countless experiments, of countless people.
He was starting to regret saving that woman's life at all!

Dillon shook his head; He walked in line with Teri.
"We will discuss this later when we aren't trying to stop someone from destroying the world." he sighed then laughed.
"What's so funny?" she asked.
"Even though everything I cared for is gone the world is still a threat the true question to me is it worth saving?"
He walked forward, his wings of light ready to block an incoming attack.
However Dillon's mind was thinking he had read the note which wasn't helping his anger, when this was over he'd need the Rising Dawn but if Rugal was in charge that would mean he'd need his help.
He sighed his anger gave way to a dreadful realisation; he had ruined his best chance at getting his family back.
If anyone was watching him they would have noticed Dillon's stance change he wasn't angry he seemed.....sad.

Rugal, Slindis, Dillon, Teri, Melethia, Garm, Lupito

As they began walking again, Slindis noted the man's shift in demeanor and talked to the man in a less harsh tone. "You think that just because of that information that you should take a knee? You may have lost some people, but from that way you're holding yourself, it seems there's a chance that you think you've thrown away."

Melethia turned to Slindis with a hint of anger in her voice. "But he tried to kill Wheathair! Why should we help him?!"

Slindis looked down at the elven girl and patted her on the shoulder. "Because no man should have to suffer losing their entire family if they can get help. Even hotheaded types types that always think themselves in the right although their understanding of the situation is fundamentally flawed."

The green-haired girl shot Dillon a heated glare, but if he turned around, he could see that she wasn't planning on attacking him at the moment.

And once again, Lupito was being oddly friendly to Rugal. It was obvious that the Dire Wolf saw Dillon as the greater threat of the two.

Rugal led the group towards the Prison Wing with the intention of freeing anyone willing to help, Lupito walked alongside him, unnervingly quietly.
"....What?...No snarl?...No growl?...Really?...Huh..." He said to the wolf, not really expecting an answer.
As Slindis spoke about Dillon losing his family, he grew even more uneasy, I mean, while Dillon clearly survived the attack, he never did get word on everyone else apart from his daughter, who they buried too.
Certainly would explain why he tried to kill him...

Teri looked at the winged man with an expression that bordered between sympathy and jealousy; when it was mentioned that he had the chance to have his family returned to him. Looking away and ahead, she quietly said, "Take any chance you have. Don't give up if the possibility remains..."

For those who cared to notice, the Cleric's aura matched Dillon's melancholy, and to Dillon, he began to feel some of the healing that he had seen earlier. Perhaps it was out of pity, or a need to work together in adversity. Either way, the Cleric had fallen silent after allowing it to do so, not really wanting to speak unless necessary.

Garm, her wolf, however, was not as keen to be friendly, and silently wedged himself between Dillon and Teri; pushing both parties to either side of him. Teri didn't mind the gesture, and kept a hand on the wolf's side; a gesture that aided in her remaining calm.

Dillon sighed.
"My family, my wife and my twins kids and maybe even Luna, They're being held captive somehow.
If I were to go down there alone I could very easily get killed if they're strong enough to subdue my wife.
I may have had a chance but from what I've learned that chance is gone."
"What was this chance?" asked Teri
"The only way to save them was to become what I had been before; once Again I would have return to my role as Captain of the Rising Dawn."
Dillon let that sink in.
"But I'm guessing that ship has sailed, pardon the pun. I doubt you guys aren't going to be sold on me becoming Captain."
Dillon kept walking, He knew he wasn't strong enough to fight whatever monster had taken his family, and to stand a chance He'd need the crew of the rising dawn but he wasn't captain anymore Rugal; was and He doubted he would let someone like him take over.
He kept moving he walked ahead of the group, he hoped that at least one of them realized his actions had meaning, The lead is one of the riskiest positions to take in a formation as any sudden or new threats would hit the leader first.
By taking the lead now he hoped one of them knew this and could see he was trying to show he was willing to put his past grievances aside and risk his safety.
Though that would be a bit of a stretch.

Rugal, Slindis, Melethia, Garm, Teri, Lupito

Slindis shook her head as she talked to Dillon. "Dillon, if you were back in the Silver Flame in Eberrom, I would not allow you anywhere near a position of power. Attacking a coworker in a mission as crucial as this unprovoked shows a frightening lack of judgement, and those types of events are not occurrences that only happen once in a while. Anyone under your direct command would fear that they would get attacked at the slightest provocation. That is not my call to prevent you from getting that position here, but you have a long way to go before you can ever call yourself a leader of any kind."

Melethia just examined every nuance of the man's movements, and Rugal could feel Lupito letting a low growl loose at Dillon.

"This does not mean that you will not get assistance finding your family, but it is sadly not our top priority. Now get that thought out of your head, and I will be informing the others of the bare facts on your attack on Rugal."

Angelus, Caim, Cutie Bruisers, Devon

Devon nodded. "Good idea, Caim. Don't know which one it is, but we should at least head over to see if we could get him out. So then, how about it? You ready for some practice for Furiae's jailbreak?" He was a bit enthusiastic, but Caim could still see that the man sorely needed any kind of weapons training before his luck ran out.

Rugal's Group

As Dillon went on about his woes, Rugal stepped in and said "Look, Lets just focus on taking down this madman for now, Then I'll help you find your family, Ok?..."
Dillon mind was blown out of his head with a nuclear explosion, I'll help you find your family?!, what the fuck was going on!?

Getting back to the task at hand, they entered the prison wing.
Most of the crazy angels had gotten there first and it was like a Prison Riot with guns and all that entailed.
Visual Aid (Shaun: Will changed if desired)
While they didn't have the same information as Devon's group regarding the VIP, his cell was en route to their destination luckily enough.

Devon's Group

As Devon gave the order, his Angels lead on ahead, exchanging fire with the guards and the rioters.
In case you missed it, Devon managed to convince a group of angels who's corruption was wearing off that working for a Omicidal manic who'd kill them in a heartbeat WASN'T a good idea.
That and he had Caim so it's not like they had much of a choice.

As they walked, Teri resumed her duty as primary buffer, and was spending the majority of her time getting Shields of Faith on the 'family' as she did so. However, she only covered the humanoid side of the 'family' by the time they arrived, and thus, Teri called upon her friend Witherwings (ice Hippogriff) when she caught sight of the Angels.

Teri has cast Summon Ice Beast 2! Witherwings the Hippogriff takes the attack once again! However, it will be 42 seconds until she can cast a 2nd level spell again...

After doing so, she motioned to Garm to keep close by, as her spells seemed to be dwindling at this point. Regardless, her aura flared up as combat began, and the Positive Energy remained at the ready for any close by.

Caim gripped Wingsinger tightly before charging in, calling after Devon, "Follow my lead, and try not to get yourself killed!"

Aside from that, the typical formations were made for the little Slaughter-Burn family, Angleus coming in from behind Caim and Devon, blasting fire at those who dared come to close, and The Cutie Bruisers slashing at whatever ankles their bladed implements could manage to get at.

Dillon readied his swords Red Fear in the right Excalibur in the left.
He closed his eyes and his soul began to resonate with Excalibur's. The Holy balde and his wings began to glow with golden light.
"Anyone got a gameplan to take out these punks? or are we gonna do this the easy way?"
"What's the easy way?" asked Teri
"Rush in and pummel anything that's not us, I'm a striker, I find the best target and deal as much damage as I can to it."
"If you fight by taking priority over a single target why is your mind on everything but the task at hand?"
"It never wavered from that but I;ve been playing this game for a long time, it always pays to be two steps ahead in your plan."

Dillon didn't admit that was also why he tried to threaten Rugal he was trying to ensure Rugal didn't try any double-crossing.

Slindis told Lupito to keep an eye on Teri over the mental link, a request that the Dire Wolf gladly acknowledged as it moved with Garm to keep Teri safe. Shortly after, she eyed up the group out there and shook her head. "Here's an alternative plan. We thin the effective numbers by reducing their mobility and disorienting them rather than charge in like witless fools. Your plan requires only one thing to go wrong to get someone killed, and that's a risk I'm not going to take." She brushed her left arm with her right hand and pointed at a large chunk of the rioters, creating an extremely thick and slippery grease underneath their feet! Right after that, she used her Ki to fade out of view of anyone there that couldn't either see invisible creatures or sense auras as she moved to a better flanking spot.

Slindis used her Dragonmark to cast Grease on the rioting angels! Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. This save is repeated on your turn each round that the creature remains within the area. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 16 Balance check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Balance skill for details). 24 seconds before another use of her mark.

She also used 15 ki to use Shadow Fade! You focus your Ki and draw shadows around you, becoming invisible and partially insubstantial. 25% miss chance due to incorporeality (stacks with Concealment). Current Ki: 83, and it will regenerate back up to 98 naturally.

Melethia noticed a vent, and her gut instinct told her that it could lead her somewhere helpful. Before she left, she handed Rugal a frigid blade that was extremely sharp and made of Byeshk. "I'm lettin' ya borrow this in case that chum eater tries to do anythin' funny to ya." Rugal saw that the girl was looking at the vent also, and he could get a pretty good idea of the chaos she was planning on unleashing. He also noted that although the grip was a bit small, the blade would be a perfect shortsword for him.

Devon played a rousing song on his guitar as he went onwards, feeling fairly good about himself as he heard news from one of the imps reporting back in that some of the converted angels were spreading the word that there was an option besides dying for a man that probably couldn't care less about them living or dying.

The riot was fairly intense, but the cover fire from some of the other Angels made it a bit easier on the Murder Family's group, and Caim could recognize the slightly ruddy smell of blood from a blade that wasn't his, although they still weren't close enough to the cell for it to be that blasted author's

Devon's guitar playing has Inspired Greatness in the group! The song gives a +2 competence bonus to attack rolls, a +1 competence bonus to Fortitude saves, and 20 temporary hit points to his group. Duration: 4 minutes before boosts.

Rugal, Slindis, Garm, Teri, Lupito

Rugal watched as Melethia undid the vent and began to climb inside.
"...Hey!" He said to get her attention before she went off.
"...Give them hell." He followed up with a wink of his fake eye before following after Slindis.
While he quickly go used to the sword, habit took over for the most part and he just resorted to punching with the sword in hand.

Thus the elf took off into the ships massive vent complex, hoping to find the Control Room for the cells.
First obstacle: Where was it? The first junction she came up to had two turns, Left, the direction Slin and Co was going, or Right, away from them.
Air was drawing from both directions...

Rugal, Slindis, Melethia, Garm, Teri, Lupito, Dillon

Teri gave Slindis a thankful nod for sending Lupito her way; and gave the grey direwolf a playful scratch on the side before readying another Shield of Faith; tapping the smaller of the two wolves with it before readying her water bottle to call up Squishy.

Teri casts Shield of Faith on Garm; granting him a +3 bonus to his AC! 12 seconds before the next 1st level spell!
Teri also burns a turn attempt to call Squishy into the world again! Remain Turn attempts: 2 Fire/3 Undead

Pouring the water out and summoning the 8 foot tall being of water, Teri gave a small grin, pointed at the chaos before her; which Witherwings was currently wading in, and said in Aquan, "Give em hell, Squishy!"

The water elemental did not need telling twice.

Caim whirled the polearm about him in an arc, it's blade making an eerie sort of high pitch as it did so. After doing so, Caim motioned for both sides of the family forces to move to the side, and raised his hand to the ceiling. When he did so, a great tornado somehow overtook the room, and enveloped Caim. With a dark grin, the warrior merely walked headlong into the forces as the winds did their work.

Rugal, Slindis, Garm, Teri, Lupito, Dillon

The group collectively rolled a 16 for this round, meaning they were able to approach at half speed. Grease is still on the floor for 2 minutes.

Slindis waited for an opportune moment before delivering a low sweeping kick at some of the Angels aiming at flanking them as the Hippogriff tore into some of them as well. A glance told her that Dillon was no spouch either, although his fighting was more bestial than anything. It was slightly amusing to see Rugal punch with a blade in hand, as it looked so off.

"Rugal, if you have a blade, stab something with it. Is it that hard to get"? Dillon could tell that Rugal and Slindis had excellent synergy from the joking tone she took on.

Melethia thought it out for a second as she pulled out a kukri from her pouch. A small amount of thought told her that if they were going to have the guard area anywhere, they'd have it a bit of a distance from the cells. Thus she went right, keeping her keen blade on hand.

Devon did his part by trying to slash at the stray ones with his blade, but as always, a lot of his success here was purely based on luck. "Caim, how about we knock them on their asses?" The Bard pointed at an area directly in front of a group of the Angels, catching the ANgels there off guard.

Devon casts Grease!ny creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. This save is repeated on your turn each round that the creature remains within the area. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Balance check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls). Twelve seconds until the next spell.

Caim could see Tajuh finishing off one of the crazed Angels with a stab to the knee then a slice through the throat with two shortswords. "I didn't mean to hold you up, but I've heard troubling news about that Dillon from friends and I had to follow up on it seeing the history and Rugal's request. What I saw was disturbing, for lack of a better term."

Thanks to that one time he watched that Strange Turkish man fight, Rugal was able to hold himself better on the greasy floor then Slin had expected, though the matter of him not using his sword properly did come up once he grabbed a Angel by the chest and punched him in the face several times, nearly taking someone's eye out, something he of all people would know about.
"Oh...Sorry, Old habit's die hard!" He said before actually using the short sword as it was intended, despite his main forte being hand to hand.

It was then Slin realized what position she'd put them in when a angel with a forced grin towards the end of the hall held out a lighter...

As she proceeded though the vents, she heard voices, panicked ones of that.
"Goddammit, pull yourself together. We're going to get though this."

She came up to an opening and found herself above a hallway with 1 panicky angel and his female friend watching a barricaded entrance with assault rifles.
Another slap from his friend.
"Dammit! I know. I'm just trying to think...There has to be a way out of here..." She said as the mad ones outside tried to get in.
From her angle, she'd land right on top of them but she was unable to see if they had back up.

The Hippogriff and Water Elemental worked wonderfully together. Whenever the Elemental Slammed into something, the Hippogriff would tear into them next, it's shivering claws freezing the water that Squishy left behind into the wounds and causing extra agony for those involved. However, in between slams, the Water elemental noticed something was a bit off about the whole situation; especially regarding the liquid covering them and the enemies they were fighting. Something was wrong... That was when Squishy noticed the man with the lighter and his hackles raised in alarm. So that was what this was!

Without further ado, the water elemental sped towards the man with the lighter, desperate to save his comrades from being set aflame.

As Caim brought his Tornado clad self onto the Angels, Angelus decided to play the role of the wise one and get the information, "What did you hear, Tajuh? The last thing we need is any more surprises...."

Following that, the Dragon scooped up an Angel in her mouth and bit down hard, splitting the creature in half with one snap. Spitting out the entrails, Angelus awaited an answer as she continued the good fight.

Slindis continued to fight the outliers of the the crowd, putting a decent deal of pressure on them as she proved to be incredibly difficult to hit. A few that were missed tried to get close to Teri, but Garm and Lupito made sure that they wouldn't get too close.

It was at that point that Slindis saw the man with the lighter, then saw Rugal in the grease. "Get out of there!" Unfortunately, Slindis was too far from the Angel to change that much, and she wasn't sure if her special would be able to avoid hitting the others.

From her fighting, Slindis recovered 9 Ki! In addition, she gained one point of Ki from the Passive regen, bringing her total up to 93.

Tajuh turned to Angelus after stabbing an Angel through the heart. "I'm assuming you know of Dillon, correct? Your former captain? I saw him attempting to attack Rugal even after Rugal made it clear that he had no intentions of attacking him. Honestly, the man shouldn't be in charge of a child, much less a ship!" He knocked an Angel down down before plunging a shortsword through an eye and continued.

"He's shortsighted, hotheaded, impulsive, selfish, and stubborn. Angelus, I know that you can see sense here, so I'm only going to say this once: under absolutely no circumstances should you ever let Dillon in any way, shape, or form of leadership. Put him in one, and the entire ship will regret it."

Devon heard the talk as he covered Cadolbolg, awkwardly swinging the guitar-axe to rip the guts out of one the Angel trying to get the mini-dragon. Okay, kinda think this Dillon guy's someone to be careful around...

She dropped down, taking a look at the Angels in there and very bluntly talked to them in a tone that showed she wanted answers. "Look, I don't really care about you guys, but if you can show me the way to the control panel to the cells, I will show you a way out. This is a one time offer. Do you accept?" It seems that the anger she felt to Dillon made her opinion of Angels improve slightly. Besides, these ones felt closer to Firebrand than that one prick that had showed up on the Rising Dawn.

The Angels there could tell that the girl could show them the way, but would they be willing to aid her?

Dillon saw the elemental and had his own plan.
"Hey jerk wad! He shouted at the angel with the lighter, the angel turned and saw a golden sword being hurled at him; he had to duck to avoid getting speared. The angel looked back but the boy had disappeared from his line of sight.
He got ready to flick the lighter when he was suddenly engulfed in water. Dillon suddenly appeared behind him with Excalibur back in his hand.
"Teamwork alright!" he shouted the angel was unable to flick his lighter Dillon didn't want to kick the angel out of the water he swung his sword knocking the lighter out of the angels hand, he then hurried and scooped it up.

The stella bot sighed then chased after him. "Phoenix, wait. You're free to go, but will you atleast allow me to put stella's memories into this bot and give her to you for assisting purposes." She asked him. "I promise she'll be just like when she was alive, minus her vampire tendencies." The face was sincere as well as the tone of the voice. "I can also make you a face you can wear like a mask so you can go out in public without having to worry about our appearance."

Rugal looked at Slindis before looking at the Mad Angel.
"OH SHI-" He said as he attempted to get out of the way, getting blindsided by an Angel in the process and falling down.
Oh this is going to be painful... He thought as Squishy and Dillon went to stop him.
It was touch and go, but the pair of them managed to prevent an inferno.
Picking himself up and realizing the threat was over, he shouted "GOOD ONE! REGROUP WHEN YOU CAN!"
Giving himself a self check, something else very important came up on the agenda: "Slindis, please tell me this stuff washes off..."

The Male Angel shouted as he opened fire on Melethia.
She looked at herself and then at the wall behind her, now riddled in holes, his shaky nerves resulted in him missing every single shot.
"....Look, I don't really care about you guys, but if you can show me the way to the control panel to the cells, I will show you a way out. This is a one time offer. Do you accept?"
After punching her friend in the face, the Female Angel asked "And how the hell do we know we can trust you? What with this being a WARZONE and all and I'm pretty certain you weren't on our side..."
Suddenly, the fact she racked up such a kill count in her mech could possibly come back to bite her.

Phoenix Nemesis

While he was unhappy with her intentions, Phoenix's anger was mellowed by her offer, especially having Stella back.
Looking at his hands, it was clear he was going to need more then just a mask to pass for human.
Still, He accepted her offer for both the Stella Bot and a Mask, though the second he could, he was going to sue the pants of this damn company for all the trouble it caused him.

Teri let out a whoop of joy when she saw her ever faithful water elemental prevent a disaster in tandem with Dillon; "That's how you do it! Great job, Squishy! I'll make sure to clean you up when you get back!"

As for the water elemental in question, it blubbered a thanks to Dillon in Aquan, and began to attack whatever Angels he could manage before his time ran out.

Garm, with blood on his jaws, gave a fierce growl to whatever Angels dare neared; his hackles rising to show just how wrong it would be to try to near his Pup...

Angelus listened to Tajuh's observations with a thought, and blasted another Angel with a homing shot before speaking, "It has been some time since I have seen Dillon, and I do remember him being a rash, hot blooded idiot.. Rather like that rash, hot blooded fool with the polearm over there. I have seen men conduct themselves in similar manners, Caim being a prime example at the time."

She was reminded distinctly of the period of time they experienced the group of monsters that ravaged humanity; and when she had to reel Caim in from killing Inuart; whom at the time was allied with them for the sake of the world. Of course, Caim had every right to want to kill Inuart; but that did not bar the fact that they needed whatever power they could garner at the time.

"He's gotten better, mind you, but the principle remains. Grudges are not so easily set aside, even in adversity. However, as I trust you, Tajuh, I will heed your word about Dillon leading the ship. Instability follows him like moths to flame... But I will not pass final judgement on his character until I have seen his actions for myself. Is that not fair enough for you?"

Cadolbolg croaked a thanks to Devon for the save, and in an attempt to repay the favor, blasted lightning pasted Dillon's ear when an Angel attempted to stab the bard in the back. This was followed up by Ton Ton running up the Angel's back and jabbing the Knife into the man's neck, causing a spurt of blood to fill the air before the Angel had time to think.

"Thank you, friend Devon!"

"We got your back too!"

Dillon re-entered the fray. He slashed at the angels, cutting through any armour they had, his attacks were fluid following each strike with another, and he found himself close to Rugal who had just enquired if the grease stained.
"You know that wouldn't be a big deal if you didn't insist on wearing an expensive suit to a fight."
He then used his word to splash grease into the eyes of n angel, but doing so reminded him of a long time ago where he had viciously used a similar tactic he shook his head trying to dispel the memory.
He then kicked the blinded angel who stumbled backwards and fell, right in front of the dire wolf.
"Enjoy" he told the wolf before seeking out another target.
Rugal then noticed the lighter Dillon took from the angel in Dillon's jacket pocket.

Slindis continued to strafe around the grease, knocking them into it while it still stayed there. Although it would stay there for only a couple minutes at best, she had to make use of it while she could. It was unfortunate that it would not last any longer before vanishing into the ether, but it was still a useful tool.

"Rugal, I will clean those myself if you've an issue with the grease when we leave here." She failed to mention that it would be off his clothes by that time, but the less said about the grease in front of the crazed angels, the better.

As for Lupito, he pounced on the angel's head, crushing it with his sheer weight. He could still smell that odd taint on them, and he was not about to allow that to enter his mouth.

Melethbia shrugged. "Who said you had to trust me? Look at it this way: one of us knows the way out of here, and I'm pretty sure you don't want to die here. If you don't want my help, though, I'll be more than glad to leave you guys in here until that door breaks down."

As she let that sink in, she grabbed a small grappling hook and got it firmly caught in the vent, making it clear that she wasn't all too concerned about the angels in there.

Angelus, Caim, Cutie Bruisers, Devon, Tajuh

Tajuh nodded at Angelus' statement. "Thank you for listening to the information and opinion that I had to give you. In the end, it's your choice as to what happens with the man, Angelus. After all, I've got the feeling that I'm going to be called somewhere else as soon as the business here is finished."

Devon was definitely startled by the lightning blast passing by his ear, only to see the blood spurting from the Angel's neck. "Wow, that was close... Thanks, guys. I appreciate that." He swung wildly with the axe, and if Caim turned back, he would see that the axe would not help the bard get any better in a fight. It wasn't a matter of strength, but it was a matter of how his body moved. He needed to focus more on something that rewarded quick movements, not something that punished them.

"No, it's alright, it's Dry Clean only." Rugal said as he advanced deeper down the hallway, taking a moment to shake some off of the grease off his hand before wiping it off on one of the dead.
"To answer your question Dillon, it's a comfort. Like a lucky charm of sorts, I just seem to fight better in it, believe me I checked." He answered as he used his short sword more like a large knife.

Looking at each other, the Angels shrugged and the woman said "....Down the hall back there to the right. Just make it quick, That door could break at any second..."
She then motioned for Melethia to go as the door banged again, causing her to train her sights on it, beads of sweat running down her head.

Garm snapped at another Angel that edged too close to the Cleric, and with Lupito in tow, the wolves were able to edge Teri closer to Slindis and Rugal; allowing them to be bathed in her aura and heal up some of the damage.

Squishy, on the other hand, had found his time was up; and burbled to his master, "My time has ended here. Call me again, should I be needed."

and slammed into another Angel before the water that constituted his form became still and lifeless.

Caim took note of Devon's flailing attempts at using his Axe, and after cutting down another Angel, he allowed Windsinger to re-enter the Wheel; pulling out Injustice in its stead. After making his way to Devon, he said, "Use this, for now. That axe is too heavy for your 'style'... For now. I'll teach you how to properly wield that thing when we get back to the Dawn."

Even though the warrior's face remained still, Devon could sense a hint of care in his eyes. Perhaps Devon reminded Caim of the rookies in the army? Regardless, after Caim made sure Devon had Injustice as the ready, he turned around and readied himself for any other Angels approaching.

Dillon, not one to lose an opportunity attacked the angel the water elemental splashed. The angel realized he was in a fight he couldn't win, the fiorst and possibly main problem was the boy was just too fast, the strikes came too quickly for the angel to effectively gu=ard, when he did apparently it was too soon because DIllon would then slap his weapons away, leaving him open. Dillon was intenbse in the fight but paying attention to his surroundings as well. He suddenly notced an angel was very silently sneaking up on slindis DIllon first thought to sout at Slindis but a better strategy came to him, he got more aggresive on the angels he was fighting knocking the wepons out of it's hands.
he then delivered a heavy kick forcing it to stumble back, and fall over a bit behind the angel who was still creeping up on slindis.
SLindis heard the soundbehind her she was abl;e to learn an enemy was approcaching at the last moment she pre-emptively struck out at him, the blow caused him to stumble backwards and trip over the prone angel she looked at that then saw Dillon who gave her a small wink.

The gap in the action allowed the group some time to search the area and hopefully make some headway to fixing this madness, and Slindis took a moment to ensure that the group didn't take any serious damage. Once she was satisfied with the check, she led the rear of the group to ensure that they weren't attacked form behind. After all, they were in enemy territory, and there was no knowing what would happen next.

Melethia looked down at the angels and lowered a second rope for them. "You want to get outta this alive, don't ya? Come on up! There's more than enough room up here for all of you, and for some reason, the fans are down. It'll be a bit warm, but it's better than dyin'." The angels hesitantly climbed up into the vent to find there was mote than enough room for them to move around, and she gestured back the way she came. "You let the people that aren't angels know that Melethia gave the okay, and they won't attack you."She quickly made her way through the vents, getting to the room the Angels talked about without too much trouble.

The Bard held the sword in his hand and felt that the blade was calling to him. It certainly felt natural in his grip, and although the swings were still more suited for a club than a blade, Caim had certainly made the right call in handing Devon that blade. "I'll keep that training in mind, Caim, and give me your worst. No use going easy on me when whatever I'm facing won't."

As the grease wore off the and the threat of burning passed, our Heroes (And Villain) managed to make their way past the riot, thanks to Melethia setting off the Cell release and freeing countless captives to assist them in their struggle.
At the rate they were going, this ship would be their's within a hour or two.
That a girl... Rugal thought as the pressure was eased as the Prisoners fought the rioters, freeing the way for them to run into where Storm and the "VIP" were making their grand stand

Update to come from Shaun, sorry about this

As they entered the vents and made it to the control room, the floodgates broke and the hall they were just in filled with murderous angels.
While they managed to get the Cells open, it was clear that the elf's squad of Angels were about to lose their shit, much like David did.
"...So how exactly are we getting out of here alive? Ain't now way we can use an escape pod without getting blasted by Micheal's forces!" One asked as they went to leave the Control room.

"Ok,i may also be able to create some sort device to bend light around you to cloak the rest of your body. But for the mask, you just need to come back to the core chamber with me." She said and turned around. "I promise to re-create stella's personality and if you so desire, her vampire tendencies while i measure and scan your face, ok?" she asked the massive hulk of a being.

Shaun, Storm-178, The VIP & everyone else.

Further in the hallway was the stand being made by Storm and the "VIP". The main group of heroes (And one villain) could only only hear bullets most of the time, but as they drew closer they could not hear anymore bullets but the numbers in bodies only grew until they were piling on top of another where the two stood. The Spartan was covered in blood and was breathing heavily, killing that many comrades would not bode well for him in the future.

Bullet shells littered the hallway floor, and the blood splattered on the walls was dripping down.
A quiet sob could be only heard from the Spartan. "Wh ... why would ... you make me do this?" Storm said as he saw the heroes come towards him. The cloaked "VIP" stood behind Storm, shorter then most of the group, "You already know why ... now silence!" Said the young voice behind the superhuman.

The cloaked figure poked out from behind him, carrying a sword almost the same height as himself. Dillon could sense that it was the same as his holy sword except it removed the whole holy concept about it and it had a different form. "Heroes ... I should of known you would of come. Sighed the young voice but noticed Rugal and the characters made in the image of the authors. "Heroes and the avatars of idiots I see." He said and looked in front of him to the tormented warrior.

"Kill them without a word." the VIP said, and in the next second, Storm made unleashed his energy sword and slowly moved towards them. In the mind of the Spartan his thoughts were being transmitted to his AI Alpha. "Everyone he's being controlled by-" A girlish voice came from Storm's helmet but was soon shut off.

The tormented Spartan did not want to kill anyone else. Even if that person was Rugal.
The cloaked VIP would also try to stop anyone who would try to get past him with his Dark Excalibur and his powers.

"Oh great..." Rugal deadpanned as the Angel Spartan advanced on them, watching the energy sword.
"...Do you honestly think they you really have a chance here?....I mean, you choose now of all times to betray us?..." He said as he calmly walked forward, the sword wasn't a problem, the issue was the heavy armour, much heavier then the angels from earlier.

Still, he had that short sword that Melethia gave him so he felt better about this match up.
The Spartan attacked with he's Energy sword, connecting with Rugal's sword one.
Even if Rugal did get a hit in, he was wondering if Storm would even feel it.
Thus, they sparred and parried as an idea formed.

Phoenix Nemesis

Phoenix let out a groaning sigh as he turned back and returned to the complex, hoping she'd stay true to her word.
If not, he still knew the place like the back of his hand so he felt he could still make an escape if she did back-stab him.
So he went to the location she had set out for this "Cloak."

Rugal, Slindis, Garm, Teri, Lupito, Dillon, Storm, Very Important Jerk

Slindis immediately took note of the small voice calling out that the Spartan was being controlled and immediately made moves to see if she could find the one controlling him. Although she hadn't had time to get her equipment changed out, she could feel the taint of evil from a nearby blade. Taking the distraction Rugal provided, she bypassed the fight and mentally prepared herself for a fight. She noted Dillon sensing the same, and she also felt something probing at her soul and immediately fought against it fiercely. No matter what it was, she knew well that anything wanting access to her mind or soul on this ship was something that she wanted out.

She heard the panic of the angels and snapped back at them. "You want to know how you'll get out alive? Make your own way out and maybe tell it to that guy's forces! Just sitting around and losing your heads won't change anything, but you guys will get my help as long as you help me out, and if you don't attack me back, I won't return the favor."

Rugal, Slindis, Garm, Teri, Lupito, Dillon, Storm, Very Important Jerk

After parrying much of Storms attacks and trying to make a nick or a cut in the Spartan's power armor, Rugal was starting to get annoyed with how thick this Angel's armor was.
Then a moment of clarity.
"...Wait, what am I doing?" He asked himself before trying to go all out on the Spartan, opening up his midsection for a huge barrage of attacks.
While Storm was recoiling and getting winded from much of this, the only blood that was being spilled was from Rugal's fists hitting solid MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor.
Why do I only get the thick ones? He thought as he toughed out most of the pain and at the very least stopped Storm from attacking, figuring he'd break though sooner or later.

The Angel's grumbled as they followed the little Elf, all the while providing protection as several soldiers with Assault Rifles only knew.

Dillon was close to her, they were near the exit when something was approaching.
"Look out!" he raised his blades into an X, getting in front of Slindis, and not a second too soon as something unseen came down and the attack that would have injured Slindis was blocked by Dillon's blades.
"Don't fight that feeling in your soul that's me."
"Why are you trying to read my mind at a time like this?"
"I'm not I'm trying to resonate with you, It'll make us stronger plus I'm pretty sure it will allow you to see what I'm seeing." Dillon and the invisible enemy were fighting Dillon and the VIP were at odd advantages, the VIP was unsure how this boy could see his attacks coming, but Dillon was unable to see the VIP's stance just his weapon, however Dillon still had his speed, but he couldn't push his attacks like he would like to, he had to make mostly counter attacks and get a few small slashes in.
"How can you see that thing?" She wanted to join the fight before the boy screwed it up but she was reluctant to join a fight where she didn't even know what the enemy was.
"I wiled the holy sword Excalibur, but there are copies of the blade this enemy is wielding a corrupted Copy, Dark Excalibur, I can sense the word that's why I want to resonate with you."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 . . . 805 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
Register for a free account here