The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 . . . 870 NEXT

Disasterchild:

"So... Laaaaady. Who ARE you?" The insane one asked.

"My name would be Altea Dewinters, and as for the other issue, I already know who knocked me out, but I doubt it so much of a kidnapping as a rescue... nearly tore off one of those angel-things wings and had it begging for mercy before the bastard called for help... 1 bump over the head, and I assume a rescue, later, and I woke up in a locked closet... by the way, someone might want to fix that door." she says with a small snicker.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Morning | January 1st

Saya

Look at this. Saya was already making friends, since two knights (or assuming so), Aftan and Gabrielle were directly talking to them. One apologizing for the others curiosity. However, Saya gave a smirk and leaned against a tree with her shoulder, crossing arms. "I'm Saya, the 'going-to-be-famous-by-opening-that-vault-up-and-shooting-Jack-in-his-face' Vault Hunter. Remember my name now, because you're going to be hearing me throughout the entire planet for my discoveries ... not like, archeologist s*** but finding the best loot man has to offer!"

Getting off the grim looking tree, Saya walked to Aftan and placed her fist out, bending the wrist and giving a friendly expression.
"Come on, fist bump me." Perhaps they didn't know about fist bumping, despite that Gabrielle knew about video games.
She shifted the fist bump to her in case she wanted it. Saya may of been rude beforehand, but she also doesn't mind being friendly if not supportive of teamwork.

".. Don't leave me hanging. Everytime you leave someone to hang, a kitten dies. Or least the psychopath in a city on Pandora said. No worries, he's all dead and what not, he also had a sweet@$$ shotgun which was useful until, you know... 15 seconds of it f***ing sucking in the end."

Bridge

Teri walked with confidence in her step as she approached the bridge, and to her surprise, she saw Rugal going as well."Hmn, stubborn, isn't he?"

"But of course, Madam. Is that not why he inspires confidence in you?"

Teri frowned, and silently told her AI to shut it as her path edged closer to the King of Fighters. The LAST thing Rugal needed was another ego boost; and an embarrassing one to boot.

"Hello, Mr. Bernstein. Ready to raid the temple?"

Although she knew it was a somewhat pointless question; it did divert her from her feelings of anticipation towards this temple. Even now, she wondered if she had picked the right spells for this mission. It was her faith that aided in quelling that fear, even if it did rise up again only a few moments later.

Transport

Inuart smiled slyly when he heard that jibe; and continued to play on his guitar, "Hmn, it is not the weapon that matters, but the wielder. If anything; perhaps I should ask you if you are too afraid to use a sword in a gunfight. A tool is only as good as the one who uses it, and I can only hope you are confident in your arms as I am in mine. Besides, we'll see who is truly prepared when this is all over. If you lie dead; it is only because of your own incompetence. I lie dead; then feel free to mock me. However, unless that happens, I think that such rabble rousing is highly unnecessary. You don't want to get replaced by another Off-Worlder, now do you?"

The bard only laughed after his words, and continued to play; awaiting the next jibe his way.

Rugal
Rugal turned to face the writer.
"I am...Vision or not, I'm not letting Tomoya survive this time.....Though I may need a little help in the temple..." He answered, while he was fairly good at avoiding traps, it would be much harder now.
"Besides, Walls are only made of stone. Stone is breakable. I'll be alright. Is everyone here yet?" He asked as he gazed back to the window and the darkened skies above them.
"My Lord : I am looking for a place to land as we speak though the interference is making it difficult." Viscus chimed in.
"Keep at it, get us as close to the temple as you can, worse for worse we'll climb down on ropes or something."

Transport
The Soldier was about to say something back, but it was clear he got BURNED.
"ETA 10 Minutes." The pilot said as the Transport neared it's target.
"So what? Hit the ground running, get in, get out?"
"Basically. We ain't trying to go to war, just wreak some shit."
"Cool. How come they sent this guy instead of Bison or Doom or one of them?"

Bridge

"Hmph. Lucky you. It must be nice, being confident enough to take life without a thought. Even though I have spells ready for combat, I cannot help but be nervous at the thought of killing things. I've never had to do that before. What is like exactly, the first time? Is it hard? Scary? Or were you excited?"

Rugal could sense no mockery in the young woman's voice as she asked these things. Rather, it was almost reminiscent of a student in a classroom; unaware of what to expect for the question asked. It was almost, innocent, were it not for the subject matter.

Transport

Inuart frowned, but continued playing, the tune picking up in tempo. It could almost make the blood boil, if it weren't for the tension in the air, "Does there need to be a reason? Let us focus upon the job. One of you needs to be able to implant Viscus into their computers; and from there, we do our jobs. Get ready men, this'll be a bumpy ride."

bluerocker:
Back

Rugal
"....So you never?...." Rugal asked, not finishing as the subject matter was clear enough.
"Well....My first kill....was-"

West Berlin Rugal : Age 9
Rugal looked on in horror as his mark bleed out in front of him from the shank in his throat.
As he begged, he fought off his attempts to grab him as he searched for his wallet.
He got it and pulled it away from his could dead hands, looking into his glassy lifeless eyes.
He stood there as the life bled out of him until he bled no more.

He then cleaned off his rags, went to the local takeaway and ordered over 80 Deutsche Mark's worth of fast food and a XXXL milkshake, more then he'd eat in a month.
And that was the best damn milkshake he ever had.

Present
".....Rewarding..." He said as he thought back to his childhood as Teri looked at him.
"....Don't worry if you find it horrible, your supposed to."

Transport
"Oh relax, They just spend a lot of a single toy then throw it away because it's too shiny. They don't have the means t-"
The next thing Inuart saw was a massive flash from the impact of a SAM Missile at the end of the transport, opening a flaming hole to the outside world.
It was spinning round and round as the Transport hit the ground several hundred meters away from the front gate of the Base.

Relief swam in the presence before Rugal, but the young girl gave a bitter laugh; "I have already prayed for forgiveness for my actions to come; as I feel some may be too cruel. But... Isn't it funny? I used to control a duo that was renown for their skill in destroying armies, regardless of who composed them, including children. And yet- No. I can't think of this that way. I need to be strong; despite my reservations. He understands my actions, and I will follow through."

Brightness returned to a dimming light; and she nodded with determination, "Just stay at a distance and keep out of harms way, if I can manage, and I'll be fine, right? This whole 'Combat Medic' thing is still new to me..."

Transport

Inuart scoffed in irritation at the slight; but drew his sword (as well as placing the guitar's remnants gently in it's case.) With his teeth grit; he moved to get his men up; "Always prepare for the worst. Come on! We're sitting ducks if we don't leave this quickly! GET UP! DO YOU WANT TO FIGHT LIKE MEN OR DIE LIKE DOGS?!"

Rugal
"Well, from the fact that nothing is attacking us at the moment, I'd say Tomoya didn't place any men, So you're safe enough for now. I'd say if anything, the worse we'll have to deal with is traps. That being said, don't expect this to be a breeze." Rugal said as he went back to blindly gazing out the windows of the bridge, tapping his staff off the metal floor every now and again..

AIM Soldiers
A rousing cry was shouted as the soldiers began to move out of the wreaked transport and into a desert at night.
A pair of then provided covering fire as the remainder got out and into cover behind the metal remains.
Bullets raced from both sides, but mostly for the US's thanks to mounted turrets on the base's guard towers as a pair of spot lights revealed their location.
From what Inuart could see, it looked more like a factory then a Base.

Slindis shook her head as the others in the room addressed the human that was coordinating the finer details of the operation and walked over to Teri. "Teri, before we head down, there's one small factor that you've forgotten: your defenses. Back home, this would usually be handed to you after a good deal of training, but you've come a long way in a short time." She reached into her Bag of Holding and retrieved a dusty staff made out of silver. As Teri held it, she felt a comforting presence, almost as if the quarterstaff was protecting her.

"Teri, this quarterstaff was known in the ranks of the Silver Flame to protect its owner, and rumors go that it has a personality of its own. May it protect you well, Teri."

Teri gave a small nod to Rugal as he wandered to the window; and decided to leave him be. A man had a right to his thoughts, just as she to her own. As she pondered on, her teacher approached...

bluecrimson:

"Teri, this quarterstaff was known in the ranks of the Silver Flame to protect its owner, and rumors go that it has a personality of its own. May it protect you well, Teri."

Teri looked at the staff in wonder, and lightly traced her fingertips in the worn grooves of the silver.

"An enchanted staff? For me?! You're too kind, Ma'am. Thank you."

The young cleric bowed to her teacher as she clung to the staff, almost as if she was afraid it would float away if she let go.

"I'll take good care of it!"

There was a pause, and the girl was reminded of her paladin from her old DnD campaign. Aradia had a sentient mace, so it is possible that....

"A question, ma'am. You say this staff has a personality of its own, right? Does it have a name too? Or preferences? Things I should know about? I'd like to stay on it's good side, if possible."

AIM Soldiers

Inuart gritted his teeth, "Follow my lead, and try to keep spread out. They won't be able to hit us all at once!"

The redhead opened the intact door of the vehicle, and jumped through to the other side. It was strange how slow the other soldiers seemed to him at the moment, when he charged in and leaped towards one turret, slashing the damned thing in two with his blade. Before the other man could react; he brought the sword down in the direction of the other Turrent, sending an ice blast to the other one, freezing him in his tracks.

"Shoot him now!"

A few shots, and the man's face shattered in a red pulpy mess. As the rest of the soldiers approached, Inuart pointed at a console for their next step in the mission.

bluerocker:
Inuart isn't in the base yet. That was the front door

Rugal
As other memories of his childhood came to him, Rugal overheard something about a staff and Teri's gratatude for receiving it.
It was enough to detract from his train of thought and he couldn't help but say "A Enchanted staff?"
He walked over to the pair and said "My Slindis, where do you get all these wonderful toys? May I?"
He gave his own Metal one to Teri, though when he handed it to her, it was like she was given a massive bench-weight and she nearly fell over as a result.
Rugal took up the enchanted one and said "Might want to stand back..." Before doing some light movements with it, testing it's strength and weight.

bluerocker:
AIM Soldiers

All the AIM Soldiers heard was "Follow my lead, and try to keep spread out. They won't be able to hit us all at once!" before Inuart took off.
But before they could even do that, he was away and had the first turret and the second was disabled.
This led to a moment of awkward silence for the men.
"Shoot him now!" their CO ordered before the gunner's head was blown off.
"....What just happened?"
"Eh, Musicians, Always doped up on something!"
And thus the Team was in.

Alarms blared: [Perimeter Breach : All Personal respond : This is not a Drill]
Several US Soldiers exchanged fire with AIM in a attempt to slow their advance.
Inuart passed by a sign that said "Area 51" on his way in as one of the US Soldiers held up a RPG-7 and took aim at....AIM.

As Rugal did the motions, he found that the staff seemed to resist every move, and there was a rapidly growing sense of unease and vertigo as he held the staff. Oh, this staff had a personality. And it did not like Rugal one bit. Rugal Bernstein, release me at once. I am not meant for you, nor would I ever allow you to use me.

Indeed, the longer he held it, the heavier it got until he could hardly hold onto it.

bluecrimson:
Rugal Bernstein, release me at once. I am not meant for you, nor would I ever allow you to use me.

"....Did someone just talk?..." Rugal asked as the voice of the staff spoke to him.
"....Mmmm...This staff seems...unwieldy...And...Heavy?..." He trailed off as he started to lose his balance.
"Whoa...What's going on?...Ah, this thing weighs a ton!" He said as he used both hands to hold it as little by little the staff grew too heavy for even him to use.
It was like watching a child lift a bench-press and soon after MUCH straining, to the point it looked like he was about to burst a vein, the staff forced it's holder to drop it with a resounding *THUD!*
The crimelord took a moment to catch his breath.
"Ah...ah...ah....I've got to get me one of those...Great for a work-out, heheh-heh-oyyyyy...."

Dropping the other staff, Teri silently scooped up her's in one hand, and helped Rugal up with the other.

"Are you alright? She did warn you about it possibly being temperamental."

When she leaned the staff of Rugal's against the wall, she couldn't help but look at her own in interest, and thought to herself, "Hmn... Rugal said he heard a voice. I wonder if I can talk to it too. Er, hello, Mr or Ms. Staff. My name is Teri. Nice to meet you! Do you have a name or anything you'd like me to refer to you by? If I'm going to be talking to a companion, I might as well start off on the right foot, right?"

AIM

Inuart's eyes slit when he saw the rocket, and brought down his sword again; sending another icy wave to counteract the rocket. If anything; it did stop it from getting to AIM... Directly. Upon hitting the ice, the rocket exploded, blinding all around the impact.

captcha: Iron hoof... Hey Rugal; something you're not telling us?

Rugal was pouring sweat from that enchantment's sudden weight difference.
"Yea....just....give me a minute....oyyy...." He panted as he wiped his brow.
"Uhhhhh...No matter how long I live, I will never understand how this sort of Magic works....I'll stick to whatever science can give me. More manageable..." He added as he stretched after nearly throwing his back out trying to carry that thing.
"Well....As you were..." He said as he picked up his own metal one and returned to gazing out the window.
I hate magic...

AIM Soldiers
Though the cover of the flash, Inuart's men advanced, making short work of the blinded US Soldiers.
One of them shouted "ANGEL! THEY'RE ANGELS!" greatly reducing the enemy's morale.
Despite their best efforts, they were beaten back towards the main building.

The staff speaks to Teri in a relaxed voice. Ah, it's good to be out of the grasp of that frustrating man, and even better to talk with someone that can understand me. I haven't used a name in ages, but you can call me... hmm, how does Sadei sound to you? If Rugal could see right now, he would be astonished to see Teri holding the Staff with relative ease.

Teri's spirits lifted upon hearing that her weapon could speak and understand her; despite her vocal cords not working properly (or whatever it was that messed things up for her.)

"Oh my gosh! You can hear me! This is so awesome! SQUEEE!"

Doing a little happy dance, Teri continued, "Sadei it is! Hmn... Out of curiosity; what inspires you to choose your wielders? I'm guessing it's a morality thing? Oh! And one more thing! I forgot to ask, how are you today? I need to treat other sentient beings with respect, even if they are bludgeoning items."

From the Paladin's perspective, she could already tell that the Cleric would do well with the weapon she lent her, and felt a light burden lift from her shoulders, if only a little.

AIM Soldiers

Inuart took this moment to play up their disguised roles as Angels; and called out: "Indeed we are human! ANGELS OF YOUR DEMISE WE ARE!"

0:18

With that laugh, and the booming voice, Inuart's charge pushed forward, further scaring the troops. Hell, if the red-head didn't know better, he could have sworn he smelled urine on one of the soldiers.

The weapon now known as Sadei laughed and began taking on a more feminine tone. Well, there were a lot of people that held me, but there's something about how you are that just feels right. And I'm doing really good now that I'm out of that sack that Paladin held me in. You know, they're really stuffy except for that odd vampire that keeps complaining in there. We'll be like a knight and a stick up their butt or a wizard and being really grumpy, except it'll be awesome!

Slindis watched her pupil with the staff and smiled, glad that Teri could have something to keep her safe should she be in trouble. Teri, treat it well.

Teri giggled a little inwardly, "Aw, that's awfully nice of you. I'll do my best to be a worthy wielder, Sadei! Now... Slindis keeps a vampire in her bag? I've never been in a bag of holding before, so I can't really say I know what that's like... I don't imagine it being comfortable, that's for sure."

She pondered for a moment, but shrugged off the thought. They were about to go on a high stakes mission, and Teri wanted to be prepared before descending to the dismal swamp below.

Time: First Deployment

Armadgeddon | Nessaj

The Knight and steed backed up from the chaotic dark that constituted the surrounding rain forest, his tarnished silver shes clanked hard against the hanger floor. A thousand phantasms had spoken to him, and told him to hold his hand. There were things that the people of this world needed to do on their own.

But he was still going to smash the Stone of Light the first moment he had the chance. The fiery rider of the apocalypse did things as he... and his many counterparts... pleased.

Kyre | BlackHarte

She smiled sweetly and nodded, "I think I can be of plenty use down there. That forest holds so much magic, so much twisted and corruptible power that I don't think I could stay away even if I tried."

BlackHarte shook his head and let go of Kyre, "Don't go saying unsettling things like that young master. You are not a magician, you are their antithesis." The young anti-mage stpped away from her caretaker and servant before running out to the hanger bay, and seeing that the hanger bays were open, she grinned. The world seemed to spread out beneath her, an endless sea of shifting green and black, the wind birthed great cresting waved in the canopy.

BlackHarte's heavy footsteps came quickly behind her, so she turned around to face him. Then shifted her weight a little bit toward the open air, and spread her arms. Kyre fell out of the hanger and plummeted toward the ground. The wind whipped at her and consumed her, it was as if a million hands were running across her face, sliding past her leathers and chainmail.

Then she hit the ground, and the area around her exploded, leaving nothing but a dusty clearing. Kyre stood up in the little crater she made and looked up at the Rising Dawn passing overhead. She laughed, a laugh of joy, of being alive. It was then that the null-magic field began to form around her... but rather than merely pushing all of the corruption in the forest, it changed it.

The tree bark turned to obsidian, and the dirt turned into a soft muddy red. The hostile animals were consumed by pacifism, and the shadows retreated to that abhorrent darkness she held in her heart. Leaves fell from the canopy, twinkling greens in the morning sunlight. The breeze felt cool against her skin, and the sweet scent of fresh unfettered air surrounded her.

It almost felt like home.

The environment bent to her will when she began her walk, the trees parted, the animals bowed, and a path of emerald leaves laid foundation for her bare footing. The temple grew ever closer to the anti-mage.

Red Mage | Titania

The dance of two red robed magicks twisted through the air.

A clash of fire sprung out from between Red Mage's staff and Titania's small catalyst.

"That girl, what the fuck is she, Titania growled. The Mage in Red let loose another volley of flare arrows at the Queen of the Fairy before blinking backwards, a barrier up to defend against any counter attack.

Titania did not move, the arrows simply ceased to exist before touching her, "If I knew at this point, I would be down there confronting her." Red Mage smiled in his signature fashion, eyes closed and politely friendly.

The two titans of magic clashed again, a ceaseless battle of competition over the control of a young woman well on her way into insanity.

Rising Dawn - Bridge
"Gab~ri~elle~!" Akane's sweet voice rang out. "Why don't you come here and hug a tail before we go to battle~?" she suggested, her voice laced with honey.

Gabrielle found herself unable to resist... The allure of her favourite Kitsune drawing her in... Closer and closer and closer until she was standing by the Fox-lady. Akane promtply wrapped a tail around the Shadow Knight's neck and it began to burn bright blue with foxfire. Akane also placed a hand upon Gab's shoulder.

"Now stay there my love, until we are ready. You really must be more polite to people!" Akane said, her voice sweet and lovey dovey. But her smile was too happy, yet not even forced. It was...

Scary.

Jake gave a short laugh at Gabs' misfortune, and smiled at the fate of Rugal and Teri's newfound staff that she was paying rapturous attention to.
"So, time to go exploring. And yes, I know I look a bit like Indiana Jones, just need me Akubra. Ahh, there we go! Now, let's go find that stone. Although I will admit, I'd feel a bit safer if Jack were with us..." Jake said, checking all his weapons again. "Captain Rugal, are you coming with us?"

Location: Transition | Scene Change | 2nd Ring of Hell (Lust)
Time: Timeless

Lucifer | Devon:

SNAP!

With a simple snap of Lucifer's fingers, the ghouls with their chunks of poisoned meat disappeared... or rather... Devon found that he and the Devil were no longer in the Limbo that they were in, rather they were in the middle of a hurricane of some sort. Around him, Devon saw the souls of the damned, a field of them trapped in various carnal positions, each one damned by the sin of Lust.

The Fire Imps, each one now holding an musical instrument of some sort looked at Devon expectantly.

Lucifer's mouth opened and shut as if he was speaking but the wind was so great that Devon could hear not one word being said. There was an apparent sigh that came from the fallen one before Devon heard Lucifer's voice once again, this time in his head.

"Alright. If you don't know where we are, you're in the second ring of hell... otherwise known as Lust and it's also time for its quarterly maintenance. Usually I'd be the one stopping the winds from blowing my staff away but... I want you to try it... just follow my lead."

With that... the Eternal Adversary picked up his guitar and started strumming it, using his palm to mute some of the chords that he played... and gradually, Devon started hearing what was being played.

Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Fionn | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kate | Kud | Kurumu | Lily | Puce | Mark | Melethia | Phantasm Kurumus | The Preacher | Riki | Rugal | Saya | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: The Bridge

Gabrielle looked up from where she was "standing" with her head tweaked to the side as if questioning just what the hell it was that Saya wanted before nodding.

"How about a sis-fist instead!" The Black Knights said with a cheerful smile and bumping fists with Saya.

"What a relief... Gabrielle is actually getting along with someone." Aftan said as she turned back to Altea and blinked.

"... by the way, someone might want to fix that door."

"I think that you had better inform Puce of that. He will more than likely be the one fixing the door." She responded with a small smile.

"What happened to a what door?" A voice said from the open blast door that served as the Bridge's single entrance and exit. As Altea looked towards the source of the new voice, she saw an slightly taller than most Asians, Asian man carrying a staff entering the Bridge, behind him a blue haired woman entered the bridge with him. The Succubus eyed the White Knight uncomfortably as Aftan and Puce continued to speak.

"Our new ally found herself locked in a closet and needed to breach it in order to escape." Grand Master al Said responded, indicating the Hammer that Altea was leaning on.

"How'd she end up in a closet of all things?" Puce asked aloud, eyeing Altea.

"Ask R. Kelly!" *Rim shot*

If no one had taken the opportunity to ask just who the hell this R. Kelly was, they would have lost that chance forever because the mad knight disappeared through the shadow hole located between Saya's legs for a moment... and was lured towards the Kitsune's voice.

"Gab~ri~elle~!"

"TAIL ATTACK!!!!!" She couldn't have been more right as Akane's tailed wrapped around her neck.

It was about around this time that Mark had taken note of what Kyre had gone and done.

"Seriously?" The Ghost in the Machine muttered to himself as he tracked her progress all the way to its termination on the ground.

"Nothing but issues with Sav's creations." The Dramatist said to himself as turned towards Teri and Jake.

"Yo. We got action in the forest already. Kyre's decided to jump ship and move out without us. I'll follow her and keep an eye on here. A.I. Vermilion'll keep Dmitri abreast of the situation." The Writer said as he disappeared, leaving the Red Hooded A.I where he once stood.

"Greetings. I am A.I. Vermilion. I require access to A.I. Dmitri for interface" The A.I. said with a smile.

Kurumu spotted Angelus, Caim, Cadolbolg and Ton Ton and waved before walking over to greet them.

"Hi Angie! Caim! Caddie! Ton Ton!" The Succubus said enthusiastically as she closed in on them before stopping next to Melethia and using her as an elbow rest.

"Ton Ton! I haven't seen you in a while! Where have you been hiding?!? Caim! Did you enjoy that dress that I made Angie for the wedding? *wink*" Kurumu said with a mischievous smile.

Armageddon | David | Elena | Neeraj: The Hanger

Elena looked over from where she stood, next to Neeraj and Armageddon.

"I think that can be arranged! There's not a chance in hell that Rugal'll be able to avoid walking through one of my portals and into the mouth of a trap." The woman said with a smile before turning to Neeraj.

"Excuse me sir. Can I ask for your name? I don't believe we've met quite yet."

Kyre and Mark: The Corrupted Forest

As Kyre walked through the forest below the airship, she had the feeling that she was being followed by... something or someone.

"Back in the gorram forest following a gorram insane pest. What the bloody hell am I doing here? I should be drinking tequilla in the bungalow, not ... doing THIS!!!"

Lucifer | Devon:

Although the music being played wasn't quite his taste, he shrugged and began playing the guitar, struggling to make his motes heard over the cacophony of the maelstrom. Just gonna have to roll with this one, even if it doesn't feel like the song's going much of anywhere. As he played, he tried using some of his control over the wind to slow the hurricane.

Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Fionn | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kate | Kud | Kurumu | Lily | Puce | Mark | Melethia | Phantasm Kurumus | The Preacher | Riki | Rugal | Saya | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: The Bridge

Melethia frowned and looked up at Kurumu. Just because she was young didn't mean that she could be walked over! "Hey, find someone else to be your armrest!" SHe slipped to the side, causing Kurumu to lose her elbow rest.

The quarterstaff laughed in Teri's mind. Yeah, it showed up spewing weird language, and I don't know why she had on that cute little uniform. I guess she must not need much air, though, because that bag always ends up so stale and lonely. Pleasse don't throw me in one of those, Teri. Teri could feel that the staff hadn't liked being stored in the bag for so long.

Refreshing that someone gladly gave Saya a fist bump without making it to much of a deal or awkward moment. She appreciated Gabrielle's upbeat personality, being lively and all. You got to make yourself something before you can fully experience the thrill of existing. However, what's up with these people's powers? And why is ... the knight going in the shadow between her legs?

Without thinking about it much, Saya moved on from that. "Soooooooo~ I was meaning to ask, how did all of you get together? Was it, like some sort of fan club grown into a cult- I mean service? Or it's like the Justice League, but only for teens? Because I believe most of you are young, but who the hell am I to judge? Tiny Tina is 13 and she's the world's greatest demolition."

"Actually, who's leading this crew? .. I want to get a word with him. .. her, or it.. whatever floats their boat."

Time: Deployment

Armageddon|Nessaj

< I . A M . T H E . C H A O S . K N I G H T . N E S S A J .>[/ the Chaos Knight bellowed loudly. Armageddon bucked him lightly, an the hunk of fiery armor grumbled to himself before adding, "and this is my steed, Armageddon." She straightened his helmet, "anyhow, I do not think i will be joining this fight of yours. Merely watching from above."

---

[b]Kyre

The young Anti-Mage broke into a run as she felt Mark nearby, the trees closed the path behind her as she moved. Roots whipped up and created footholds for her strides. She looked back and smiled, "Don't try to follow me!" She called back playfully while grabbing onto a low bearing branch and swinging forward over a pack of wild boars.

As soon as she left the area, the old corruption seemed to creep back into the forest.

Lucifer | Devon:

Whether or not it was Devon's taste of music or not, the Fire Imps played along, as best as they could anyway... clumsy little things. Devon's control over the wind did keep them from being blown out or blown away and so they appreciated the gesture by doing what they could to assist him. As Devon kept playing he found that his Fire Imp band was getting better as he was.

The winds started dying down and Devon's voice was starting to be heard as well as the groans of the damned, complaining that they'd been stuck in that damn position for too long.

Meanwhile, Lucifer could tell that Devon wasn't having the greatest time playing the song he chose... but it was the meaning behind the lyrics, the volume in the music and the raucousness of the style that was having the desired effects on the muting effects of the storm.

"Alright... your turn! Pick something to play and your backups will play along with you and do their best to support you." Lucifer yelled but was still sounding like he was underwater, even though he was only a few feet away.

Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Fionn | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kate | Kud | Kurumu | Lily | Puce | Melethia | Phantasm Kurumus | The Preacher | Riki | Rugal | Saya |Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: The Bridge

"Actually, who's leading this crew? .. I want to get a word with him. .. her, or it.. whatever floats their boat."

Puce looked over at Tajuh and pointed at him.

"That's the man that you'll be wandering to speak with." Puce said as he watched Kurumu interact with Slindis' daughter, Melethia as well as Angelus, Caim, Cadolbolg and Ton Ton before returning his attention to Saya.

"As for how we got together. It's a long story and if it wasn't for the fact that we're about to drop into a rather hostile looking environment, I'd gladly tell you the History of the Rising Dawn as I know it." The Energy Conduit said as sat down at a console and looked over the latest maps of the area.

Gabrielle on the other hand was not quite happy that she had been trapped by Akane's tails in such a manner.

"Taii... I mean Akane! I'll behave I promise. Could you stop... you know.. burninating me? I'll be nicer and we did just... you know. Shouldn't you be happier?" The Little Knight whined as she tried to get free of the fire laced tails and into the more comfortable fire-free tails.

Jake gave a short laugh at Gabs' misfortune.

"HEY! MISTER SO AND SO PILOT! THIS ISN'T FUNNY!!!!" Gabs yelled as she tried slipping into a shadow but was still held onto tightly by Akane's tails.

"Gabrielle. You know that you need to calm down. I swear by the Illuminated Phoenix... you've only gotten worse since Mark bought you that Xbox 360 with that Live Gold Subscription. You clearly need to be sent back to the training camps."

"BOOORING!!! I'd rather have Akane choke me out than go back to those damn training camps." Now that was odd... she sounded like she enjoyed the prospect of a little choking.

"*Sigh* Would you please not air out you kinks in public, dear."

"And Akane... thank you for keeping our wayward love under control. I know she has been a handful as of late."

Kurumu didn't falter but smiled as she rested her elbow right back on top of Melethia's head... there was still a bit of unfinished rivalry between the two that hadn't been left in the training room.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't even see you there." The Succubus said with a genuine smile.

Armageddon | Blackharte | David | Elena | Neeraj: The Hanger

Elena smiled as she looked up at Neeraj as he looked upon the scene outside the ship.

"A pleasure to meet you... but what exactly is a Chaos Knight?" The woman asked. Having been raised in the London Underground, she was aware of a number of mythical creatures but this was the first time she had heard of Chaos Knight Neeraj.

"And it is understandable that you would not join us. We do need someone to watch over us and ensure we don't get attacked by more of those Dark Angels." She sounded appreciative that there would be someone in the Airship, even if it was someone unknown to her.

Kyre | Mark: The Corrupted Forest

"Fine... I won't follow you." Mark thought to himself as he called up a Kyre's predicted route and teleported himself to a rock that intersected it.

>>addperm avatar.Kyre +vis + aud

Suddenly as Kyre progressed, she found that she could see a man seated on a rock in front of her, wearing a suit of all things with a mask covering his face.

"You know... you should be on the Airship. I don't think you're in any condition to be doing this on your own." He said as he looked at her.

Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Fionn | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kate | Kud | Kurumu | Lily | Puce | Melethia | Phantasm Kurumus | The Preacher | Riki | Rugal | Saya |Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: The Bridge

Saya admitted that she was already aware of Tajuh being in charge due to his personality of giving orders and whatnot, but still it baffled her that the crew had a leader. See, in Pandora you might follow a person as if they were a leader, but overall you're basically tagging along as a team, a pack like the wolves of the dusty wastelands. However Pandora can be beautiful, yet it's dangerous in every corner and it has no real safe zone.

"To hostile of a situation to talk? You s***ing me? I would camp out with my companions as bullymongs would storm our little shelter. I would laugh and play hot scotch in regions with lava plating as bandits in tanks would fire missles at us. Danger, it's a natural thing! How can anyone settle like that? Here I thought I could actually get a story about you guys. D***."

Saya simply placed her assault rifle behind her head, both hands holding the tip and the bottom's rear of the gun making a pouting face.
Then she decided to just ask Puce regardless.
"Also, what's special about you? .. Not, that.. you aren't special because who knows you could be Bruce Lee under there- but, out of everyone you look the most, ummmh... normal? Physically that is, you could be a f***ing nut job for all I know, or care."

Caramel Frappe:
I'd watch who you're quoting since TheMeh and Jake aren't involved in this conversation =P

Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Fionn | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kate | Kud | Kurumu[ | Lily | Puce | Melethia | Phantasm Kurumus | The Preacher | Riki | Rugal | Saya |Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: The Bridge

"Also, what's special about you? .. Not, that.. you aren't special because who knows you could be Bruce Lee under there- but, out of everyone you look the most, ummmh... normal? Physically that is, you could be a f***ing nut job for all I know, or care."

Bruce... who? You see Puce had never heard of Bruce Lee or Jeet Kune Do or any of that and so, it would be highly understandable when the expression on Puce's face was one of puzzlement. Now, it's one thing to explain exactly what it is you can do but it's a whole other thing to show her what it was.

The lights in the room seemed to flicker for a moment as Puce drew in a slight amount of energy from the walls, the lights and the consoles... and channeled said energy right into the Assault Rifle that Saya was holding.

Saya found that the assault rifle wasn't behind her head anymore, rather it was floating right in front of her face... and the fact that it was no longer an assault rifle should have surprised her. It was pieces of her disassembled assault rifle floating in front of her face.

*BLINK BLINK*

The rifle was back in one piece, floating in front of Saya for her to grab.

"So... what I do is I absorb energy from my surroundings and use it to either manipulate elements of Wood, Earth or Fire OR I turn them into constructs... that is... artificial lifeforms." Puce said after a moment.

Lucifer | Devon:

After he finished the song, he began playing an old song that one of his old friends had used to introduce him to the genre of Thrash, and he felt that the song would fit the situation.

Although the song was a bit out of his depth, he just focused on playing the song and using the control of the winds to make the song heard over the storm, which included keeping the imps standing. Since he was so intently focused, he couldn't tell what kind of effect the song had on the storm.You've got this, man. Just focus, find your zone, and you've got this!

Tajuh watched the motley crew assembled as they talked amongst themselves, all at least willing to talk with each other. This was a good sign, as it meant that the group would be able to at least pretend to cooperate. "Does everyone have the rest of their supplies? It's not an ideal situation, but we're making the drop in fifteen minutes."

Melethia gave an impish grin as she swept out the succubus' legs with a quick kick. "Oops, I didn't see your feet there." However, even a child could see that the girl fully meant that.

The Bridge
"BWA HA HA HA ! Gabs my dear, I am happy! You on the other hand, are acting up just like a little child. Aftan is right, you have been less knightly than even an undercover shadow agent would be. We are about to go into unknown enemy territory. We need you serious, love. Make me feel safe, okay? Aftan, my love, it is quite alright, I can handle us all." Akane said sweetly as she grabbed the little knight and held her still, tails still imprisoning her.

Jake meanwhile, laughed again, before walking forward after Akane told the little knight off. He dropped to his haunches, just out of Gabrielle's reach. His face split into a feral grin.

"Hey. Gabrielle. This is funny, and I'll laugh all I want. Just as I'd expect you to laugh at me if I fell over right now and ended up on my face. Be a trickster, and remember, I wrote Akane. And you think she's a prankster.... HAHAHAHAHA!"

Jake bounded back to his feet and walked back over to Teri and Slindis. "Oi Teri, new toy eh? Treat it well, and when we get back from battle, perhaps a coat of polish might not go astray for something that hasn't been used in a while. Wouldn't do to have such a fine thing rust now, would it?" he said, then nodded at Slindis.

She could see the appreciation in Jake's eyes, to have given Teri something quite that special.

Lucifer | Devon:

Lucifer smirked as the hurricane force winds started dying down. It was a start.

SNAP!

Devon needed to be able to do this in the middle of anything right? Right. The damned that had been trapped in position for 3 months at a time, began moving on their own and looking around, spotting the Writer. Having been condemned for the period of their torment to look at each other but not touch, they sought out the warmth was was the writer's living flesh.

There was a surge as the damned moved to capture, touch, grope and taste the one living soul in all of the the second ring of hell.

Gabrielle frowned for a moment and stopped resisting, remembering who she was and where she was. There was enough slack in Akane's tails that allowed the Shadow Knight to start checking her inventory to ensure that she had everything that she needed.

"Tajuh. I will be able to teleport a few of the crew at a time to the ground. If we want to make good time, I suggest that we find another means of getting the rest of the crew to the ground." Aftan said as she analyzed the situation.

"Crew member Elena Volkov is currently located in the Hanger. She will be able to open a portal for the remainder of the crew members to travel to the forest floor. This A.I. has detected sever weather anomalies that make parachute drops a less than desirable means of entry." A.I. Vermilion reported from where she stood, near Jake and Teri.

"Also... close air support?"

THUD!!!

Aftan looked over at the crashing sound that seemed to echo through the room and spotted Kurumu laying on top of a squirming body.

"I'm sure Angie, Caim, Cadolbolg and I can help out in that department."

Darkness... darkness was all Melethia could see after she swept the legs out from under the Succubus.

THUD!

Darkness and an absence of air. It was then that Melethia realized what was going on. She was getting suffocated by the Milk Jugs attached to the damnable succubus.

"Oooops. Sorry. I didn't mean to land on you!" Melethia heard through the Bazookas as she felt the weight of a pair of mountains lifted off her face. A moment later... she saw the lights of the Bridge and found that she could once again breath.

"Gosh. I didn't mean to land on you!" Kurumu said with an innocent smile.

Time: Daylight

Armageddon | Nessaj | BlackHarte

Nessaj placed his cudjel on the ground and broke into tears... burning, flaming, molten tears, but tears no less. Only after he had cried enough to set fire to the entirety of Hokkaido Prefecture twice over did he finally stop, and with a sniffle he began to answer in the most convoluted and unapproachable way manageable.

"See!? This is what I'm talking about. No one even knows who I am anymore! No one picks me, and people don't even random me anymore! I mean, I'm a decent carry, right Armageddon? I can deal massive damage when I roll right... there are just some people who have no idea how to build me... and..."

BlackHarte stepped in and silenced the Chaos Knight, "He hits things with his cudgel and summons more of himself from Chaos. Ergo he is the Chaos Knight, unpredictable, and unstoppable. He seeks to keep order between light and dark."

---

Kyre

Kyre grinned and lunged at Mark, unsheathing Talon and striking out at Mark, the blade struck the Dramatist in the stomach, but did not cut deep. But the matter of fact is that it cut, on Mark's digital avatar's body. Kyre landed on the floor and stumbled before preparing to lunge again, "No one can tell me what to do! I'm my own person now! I don't have to listen to Belrose, or Laurus, or Yolef, or Cassandra, and especially not you!"

She pulled out Fang and gripped the swords so that they resembled the wings of a butterfly and leaped toward Mark again, fully intent of making a feast of him, or at least hurting whoever sent this illusion her way.

Lucifer | Devon:

The fire imps had hinted Devon in on the movements, and the man darted around the damned souls Take a good look, Devon, because it's the same souls you will be aiding when you eventually die. However, the concert had to go on, so he switched to a song that he had heard could not be overridden. As the souls continued to grasp at him, the winds of the hurricane died down even more.

Tajuh shook the Knight's hand. "That would be much more helpful."

Melethia laughed as she looked up at Kurumu. "Well, it's probably 'cause you're heavy up top. What'd ya trade off for that, huh?" The succubus could see that the girl was just poking fun at her, possibly to let off some stress before they landed. And although the training room had been repaired, the fight that had happened in there was still fresh in their memories, and they both knew what the other could do.

Slindis chuckled as she responded to Jake. "Jake, that silver would tarnish before it would even begin to rust. Now, as for what you did in that training exercise that went wrong, I believe i'm going to see if Melethia can't aid the person that's training you, since you missed some very basic lessons."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 . . . 870 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here