The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 . . . 874 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Morning | January 1st

Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Fionn | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kate | Kud | Kurumu | Lily | Puce | Melethia | Phantasm Kurumus | The Preacher | Riki | Rugal | Saya |Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: The Bridge
Jake bowed his head at his mistake. Such a lovely staff, and he assumed it was merely steel? "My apologies Miss Slindis, the staff is Silver? Well, I'd hate for it to tarnish, so even more reason for a good clean up after battle. As for the sword lessons, I think Master Caim and I are doing well, considering I'm retraining to use a longsword. Back home, I actually learnt with rapiers, and a little kendo for my now lost katana. And I know you're only trying to help, so don't take this wrong, but I'm not a fan of Elves, nor their Drow cousins, for the fact you lucky bastards get to live so long and learn so much. You are a nice person, but I'll muddle through on my own, and ask for help when I need it. Sorry to sound presumptuous but that's just me. I'm stubborn like that. And besides, I've got my M4 here, and I am a qualified marksman with this rifle. I will be fine. I hope."

Location: Transition | Scene Change | 2nd Ring of Hell (Lust)
Time: Timeless

Lucifer | Devon:

Indeed the Hurricane winds had fully subsided and now the carnal moans of the living statues could be heard by all who were currently in the second ring of Hell. There was a moment of pause in the advance of the statues as they realized that the winds had stopped.

As for the Fire Imps, they had never been in this place and the sheer volume of the damned's wails caused them to cower in fright.

*CHUNK!*

An object landed at Devon's feet and as he looked down, he spotted a black short sword that had been embedded in the ground.

"Well?" The Fallen one asked impatiently, hinting that Devon had to choose between something and something. But more to the point... he had to it quickly as the damned started moving towards Devon once more.

A.I. Vermilion | Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Fionn | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kate | Kud | Kurumu | Lily | Puce | Melethia | Phantasm Kurumus | The Preacher | Riki | Rugal | Saya |Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: The Bridge

The Hooded Artificial Intelligence known as A.I. Vermilion's eyes seemed to flicker for a moment, as if she had been called away, before she disappeared.

Aftan shook Tajuh's hand.

"Aftan al Said of the Knighthood of the Illuminated Phoenix, Captain. And you are?" She asked in a serious tone, her words were measured and though she could have added the title Grand Master before her name, she did not.

Kurumu picked Melethia off the floor with a smile, brushing off the little elf's shoulders before chiming in with...

"I didn't trade for them... I just took what you would have had, flatlander." The Succubus teased and laughed. It was the sort of laugh that others found infectious.

"But if you think about it, it helps me add some weight behind my punches!"

Armageddon | Blackharte | David | Elena | Neeraj: The Hanger

Elena was almost sorry that she asked Neeraj what he was but instead, she gave the Knight a friendly pat on the helm.

"I'm sorry Sir Knight that I never heard of you but you sound interesting enough. Perhaps after this mission you can explain to me what your companion means by keep order between light and dark. Isn't order what you're attempting to destroy as a Knight of Chaos?"

A.I. Vermilion | Kyre | Mark: The Corrupted Forest

There was a flicker of recognition in Mark's eyes as the first strike with Talon hit home. The Dramatist recognized the sensation of Pain after having been inside AA for so long as an incorporeal.

"ow." He said as he rolled backwards and away from the mad Anti-Mage.

>>exec recall.ai

There was a shimmer of light as A.I. Vermilion arrived on scene, her master's command executed.

"Greetings Master. How may I be of..."

"Can it... interface now." Mark yelled as he continued his retreat from Kyre, his words causing the A.I. to shimmer once more and disappear.

Interface complete. Ready for commands.
>>exec weapon.flintlock +blunt +stunshot
Running...

Mark turned just in time to see the Anti-Mark closing in on him, a grin on her face as she anticipated snacking on the Dramatist/Programmer's insides.

*click*
BOOOM!

Kyre felt nothing as the shot that erupted from the flintlock pistol that her prey suddenly had in his hands passed through her harmlessly.

"GODDAMMIT!!!!" Mark yelled as he reserved his grip on the weapon and gripped it by its barrel.

>> addperm avatar.Kyre +tan

CLANG!!

The sound of metal crashing on metal was a short lived relief to Mark's ears as he suddenly realized not only could he now properly defend himself against Kyre... but she could properly eat his guts if she won this fight.

>> start hack -t avatar.kyre disable
Attempting to access Character Kyre... access denied

A.I. Vermilion | Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Fionn | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kate | Kud | Kurumu | Lily | Puce | Melethia | Phantasm Kurumus | The Preacher | Riki | Rugal | Saya |Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: The Bridge

"That, was ... the most .. radically sickest thing I have EVER SEEN." Saya stated, her mouth slightly open and eyes peering closely at the assault rifle, shocked how someone had that kind of power.

"What's your secret?? If I had that sick @$$ power, imagine the kind of guns and weapons I could craft out of random s***!! That would, be the happiest day of my life. Well, then again I am satisfied enough being a Siren. Only six can be in one universe so I feel special."
Still, she was acknowledging the abilities Puce had. Anyone who was a Vault Hunter could make great use of such a skill.

"... .. Hold on .. so, you can, take apart things... .. could you like, tear someone apart with your mind? Like, with your mind and all? .. If so, d***. Just, d***."

"... .. Hold on .. so, you can, take apart things... .. could you like, tear someone apart with your mind? Like, with your mind and all? .. If so, d***. Just, d***."

Uhhhh... unless they started making people out of wood, earth or fire... then no. Puce shook his head at the question that Saya posed.

"Fortunately, I can't rip a person apart with a thought. It's not outside the realm of possibility since there have been people in the past that were able to do so. They were able to turn their own bodies onto weapons... but I can't. Also... since I've sworn myself to never killing another person, I just don't want to have that power at my disposal. It would be... bad." The man said honestly as he continued the conversation.

"I've heard of the mythological Siren... but what exactly do you do? You don't look like a monster that sings with the purpose of making ships run aground or seduce sailors into drowning themselves."

Lucifer | Devon:

Devon was shaken by the wails of the damned, but grabbed the blade which felt comfortable in his hand. Although he tried to hide the fatigue that was beginning to build, Lucifer could pick up on it. "We find one way to cut through and keep going on that way, hopefully finding an exit or a way to get some impassable barrier." After he said that, he slashed at one of the Damned that was getting near hin and he looked around for anything that could be of use.

The man nodded. "Tajuh Silvawind. It's all that needs to be said about me for now, And I will be down there with you spearheading the expedition." From the way he held himself, she could see the man was focused on the task before him along with the fact that wasn't exactly comfortable being the leader here.

Melethia smirks. "Hey now, don't be too sure of that. I'm sure I'll grow. After all it runs in my... Well, I still have time to grow. Besides, how many ships did you blow up before you were twelve? Huh?" Kurumu could see that the girl had sidestepped a subject the girl wanted to stay far away from.

"And if I don't get as big as you, it just means that I can do my job easier, just like my mom Slindis!"

Slindis nodded at jake's response, showing she wasn't offended. "It's no issue, but I do feel the need to point out that you need to learn how to judge your foe better. Don't worry, I still make that mistake as well. I'm a Drow, so I'm nowhere near perfect. I learned as much in my short stint in Cormyr, when I had to avoid some of the locals there due to my race." The tone she took was much like the one she had when she was trying to teach Teri when she wasn't in the training room.

"This rifle of yours sounds interesting. Have you thought about attaching a blade to the end of it for close-quarters situations? A well-made one is also incredibly useful in the field."

"I've heard of the mythological Siren... but what exactly do you do? You don't look like a monster that sings with the purpose of making ships run aground or seduce sailors into drowning themselves."

This caused Saya to pause, taken by total surprise in what Puce described to her.
Her expression was still, but her lip softly tightened as she bit her lower lip and a tad bit of tears formed.

.. And then she busted up laughing.

"Hhhahahaha HAHAHHA hha- Wait, wait, th- PPFT HAHAHAHA!!"
She laughed so much, she leaned over and placed her hands on the knees, unable to resist from the outburst.
Only a few seconds more, Saya smiled and wiped her tears away.

"F***ing hilarious man. I, hahaha. Ohh ok, ok. I'll stop. I'm sorry... I, bbhhh- HAHAA. Ok. Sorry."

"There are.. Sirens like that. Except they don't live in the sea and basically lead you into their trailers. BUT aside that, the type of Siren I am is a mythical being gifted with unnatural powers, like .. a witch. Except I am not green and when you throw water on me, only my cloths fade through- alright besides that really, a Siren in 'my' universe is someone who has the tattoo. Not even sure what it is, but I love my powers. Like you, I really am not into the whole 'Yeah killing those mother f***ers! I feel so turned on' No no no.. I like to dominate and show my opponents their place. Make them MY b****es, heck even Sanctuary is not easy with me around. I can do some crazy s***. Like, you would only see it in religious stuff."

Lucifer | Devon:

The slash that Devon delivered sliced quickly through one of the Carnal Statues and knocked it to the ground. There was a bit of a pause as the others that surrounded it, picked it up and quickly skittered off with their wounded comrade. However, they were quickly replaced by others.

As Devon did a quick survey of the environment, he spotted one of his Fire Imps waving its arms in the air, trying to get Devon's attention and when it saw that Devon had seen it, the little demon pointed excitedly at a gong in the distant, about 200 yards uphill from where they stood, chittering as it hopped up and down.

"Seems he wants you to wake up the wardens of this area." The Devil translated as he continued with his sitting on a lounge chair, strumming the guitar that he had in his arms.

One of the Statues reached out, trying to touch the Prince of Lies.

"I told you NO MEAN NO!" The Arch-Daemon of Hell exclaimed as he sent the damn soul flying with a strike of his musical ax.

There was a brief pause as Kurumu smiled once again.

"I didn't destroy any ships... but there were guys that owned ships that threw themselves at me. Broke over 400 hearts by the time I was 12.

Puce just nodded as he tried to follow what the woman was saying.

"So you're a witch? I thought you were you were a siren."

"So you're a witch? I thought you were you were a siren."

Saya couldn't help but shake her head, but not in annoyance. She would of been, but she did brag get to deeply into detail about Sirens along with adding some poorly given jokes. She decided to explain it the best she could.

".. Hmm, nah just- think of it, as Sirens being magical beings with the potential to be higher beings. .. we're looked at as Goddesses and angels. But really, we're benders of the galaxy, except not literally the galaxy or else we would be Godly. We're just something unique... but I was called a witch once but not for my powers. It's a long story."

Giving a cheesy smirk, Saya placed her assault rifle onto her back and then gazed at Puce's face.
".. Do you .. . use, any weapons? Sure I am a bad@$$ with my powers, but I mean ... .. what do you use? Or do you use anything, because that's just missing out on the fun of- everything in battle!"

Lucifer | Devon:

Noting the reasoning, Devon pushed himself as hard as he could to get to the gong, slicing and stabbing at the Carnal statues along the way. By no means was the man an expert, but he was picking up on the nuances of how to fight as he got to the halfway point, more tired than he had thought possible. He wasn't going to let fatigue stop him, though. "So this is where the term Training from hell comes from..."

Melethia rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, that's nice an all but I don't really think that'll be useful in there. Knowing your way around mechanical stuff? I haven't found a situation where that isn't useful. So there." She stuck out her tongue at the succubus.

Lucifer | Devon:

Devon's actions didn't win him any friends with the Carnal Statues, but the Fire Imps on the other hand started rallying around Devon's charge.

A gout of flame shot past the fatigued Writer, striking a statue that had thought that it would be able to pounce and shattering it into a dozen pieces. Looking back, Devon saw that the Fire Imps were also armed with their own short swords, well short swords to them, daggers to anything taller than them, and began clearing a path to get to their leader and reinforce his charge.

"Well... better late than never I wager." Lucifer said as he continued his observations, a smile crossing his face as the Imps took formation around the beleaguered Writer, forming a wedge that acted to split a path through the writhing souls of the lustful damned.

The gong was almost within reach, all it would take would be one last surge of energy.

Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Fionn | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kate | Kud | Kurumu | Lily | Puce | Melethia | Phantasm Kurumus | The Preacher | Riki | Rugal | Saya |Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: The Bridge

".. Do you .. . use, any weapons? Sure I am a bad@$$ with my powers, but I mean ... .. what do you use? Or do you use anything, because that's just missing out on the fun of- everything in battle!" The Siren asked.

Did she not see the staff that was leaning up against the console where Puce was seated looking over the maps of the area?

"Well, I do use a staff. It was carved by my ancestors after one of them discovered Yggdrasil, the Tree of Life. I shouldn't really use the term carved because it can't be cut by anything. Shaped? Shaped is a better term for what he did, I guess?" He said as he pulled out the Neural Disruptor Module from the Hammerspace Messenger Bag that hung from his shoulders.

"Not too long ago, I managed to add a customization of my own in the form of these modules. When I spin my staff, there's a series of dynamos inside these modules that create a charge and when I press the fire button, it releases a specified effect through the tip of the staff. I've got a few for disabling enemies as well as a few utility ones for recon." There was a sense of pride in Puce's voice as he explained this.

As Puce was explaining this, a small... dragon... thingy landed next to him.

"This is Cadolbolg by the way... I didn't name him but rather his adoptive parents did." Cadolbolg's creator said as he patted the Cat-sized Metallic Dragon on the head.

"Greetings Miss. Cadolbolg saw Creator Puce talking with lady and Cadolbolg thought he would be friendly and say hello." The Dragon croaked.

Of course it wasn't going to be useful inside the temple... however, if they were ever in need of getting into a highly secure area, Melethia would see that there were uses to being desirable.

"Listen shorty. Don't think that just because I look like a ditz means that I'm a ditz. Besides... I wasn't planning on wooing the traps with my feminine wiles. I was planning on charming the guardians that are probably crawling on the inside of that temple. The Gods know that it's been a while since they've seen a woman. Heck... even you'd probably look like a beauty queen to them." The Succubus said, returning Melethia's stuck out tongue with a stuck out tongue of her own.

"And if that doesn't work... there's always these." Kurumu stated as she pulled out a vial that contained two liquids separated by a thin layer of wax.

"Contains more bang than your standard grenade, perfect for making just about any annoyance think twice about attacking us."

Disasterchild:
I'll try your way for once... but it seems like a pain in the but to change everything.

Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Fionn | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kate | Kud | Kurumu | Lily | Puce | Melethia | Phantasm Kurumus | The Preacher | Riki | Rugal | Saya | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: The Bridge

(Ok I won't do that anymore.)

The couple were on the bridge and were hearing everyone talking and chatter, this was actually making Riki impatient and shocked that everyone wasn't already in the hanger ready to jump out of the ship and running after probably the most single thing they need to defeat the evil which is right in front of them. Sure both the teenagers were scared of what is below them and what is to come, but they must do it like everyone else.

"Everyone!" Riki said mustering up all or most of his courage to talk to everyone. "Since we are all pretty much ready... I think it is time to face our fears and go into that forest to reach the temple!" He said loudly managing to make everyone listen to him. Riki then led Kud out of the room and entered the hanger to get ready for the jump.

Meanwhile advancing the story land. AKA outside the airship.

As the ship was several thousand feet above the tree line of the forest, a strange dark wind was getting ready to change it's course. It wanted everyone on the ship split up into separate groups, so they may face the challenge of the forest and temple by themselves. This was a force at darkness and corruption at work.

(Basically I want you guys to split up into separate groups... I mean one giant group wouldn't be fun.)

Rugal
Underwhelming as always.... Rugal thought as Riki took command.
It still bugged him that after the last teen hero to obtain demi-godhood, the next in line was basically the same person, least that's how he saw it.
So he followed the group to the hanger to descend to the forest floor.
Still wondering who will be my eyes.... He thought as he was the first to make the jump out of the airship, even with all his skill, he would still need someone to direct him.
He landed moments later, taking in the sounds of the jungle.
".........I wonder if this forest has black Panthers?" He said out loud as he motioned for the others to follow.

David West
David watched as Rugal made the jump, thinking about what Elena said.
"....That's it then....I will Kill Rugal Bernstein..." He said to himself, they were all heading towards a death trap filled temple, accidents were bound to occur.
Loading his M500, he followed Rugal down.

AIM Soldiers
Inuart was onto something as one of the "Highly Trained" Soldiers threw his gun at him after he ran out of bullets and ran for the safety of the main building.
His men advanced and went to breach the building, counting down to 3, 2, 1.
Boom.
Though the smoke, his team advanced, quickly taking up cover as hails of bullets flew towards them.
It was strange, this place was more like a computer lab then a Military base with glass screens and keyboards instead of maps and field reports.

Time: Daylight

Armageddon | Nessaj | BlackHarte

Nessaj was still unfortunately rambling on in incoherent jibber jabber, so BlackHarte deigned to answer for the eccentric Knight, "Not exactly, it might be hard to understand, but when the balance between light and dark is shifted, Chaos can no longer occur. If there is a victory by either side, then there is no struggle, and Chaos is birthed from that struggle. In his home plane, the Knight of the Light, or rather 'the Keeper of the Light' Ezalor won over the darkness and destroyed all the shadows in his plane, leaving nothing but a barren wasteland, perpetually burnt by daylight."

BlackHarte ran his hands through his hair, "Liken it to a nuclear warhead, the light purifies all of the land until it is in utter conformity. But leaving the area untouched would result in the same desolation, so the Chaos Knight rides between realities to try and uphold that twilight."

---

Kyre

"Silence!" Kyre screamed as she jumped back from the Dramatist, her blades ringing with the same resonance that Mark held. She reversed her grip and drop low, making another mad dash toward the Writer with her blades arranged for a beautiful disemboweling cross-cut.

And when Mark tried to call upon A.I. Vermillion... he found that his voice, and his thoughts were muffled by some strange magick. The only words he could utter or think of were appropriately "Mppph" and "Mrrph."

The active magick of the Anti-Mage, the invasive silence. The nothingness that could stop missile launches, laser capacitors, magic casting, and combustion. Kyre's laughing filled the vines and leaves of the re-corrupted forest, a mad laugh that taunted the Dramatist's reliance on special abilities rather than physical ability. "When I'm done with you, you'll be fit for a pie!"

At the sound of the call to leave, Teri looked at Vermillion and typed a few things; "You may interface with Dimitri's home, but your stay will be temporary. When all is said and done, I'm expecting no trace of you, understood?"

And thus, AI Vermillion found herself in a large room adorned with books and various places to sit. In one of those chairs, Dimitri sat.

Closing the book before him, Dimitri gave the new AI a pleasant nod, and said, "Welcome to my humble abode. My name is Dimitri. According to the Madam, we shall be working together for a while. A pleasure to make your acquaintance...."

---

Angelus and Caim heard the rallying call as well, and Angelus said to their Author, "Teri, we're leaving. Come along; and bring one rider with you, if you'd like. Ton Ton, you may ride on Cadolbolg, if he does not object. Now hurry, time is of the essence."

"Sounds good! I'll be right behind you!"

The Pact Partners turned, and began their way to the Hangar, Ton Ton and Cadolbolg following close behind them.

Teri looked over herself, and gave a nod to her teacher, "You heard them. I'll be going then. I'll be okay with Caim, Angelus and Sadei. And... If you'd like Jake, come along. You want to stick with Caim, right?"

After checking her satchel and her tablet to see if they were secured to her person, Teri held tightly to Sadei as she began to run after her creations, "I'll take good care of you Sadei, I promise!"

Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Armageddon | Blackharte | Caim | Cadolbolg | David | Dmitri | Elena | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kud | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Neeraj | Riki | Rugal | Saya | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: Drop Zone

Aftan, Gabrielle and Akane followed Rugal's suit and got a running start before they jumped over the side of the Airship Hanger, sans parachute.

"Weeeeeeeeee!!!" Came Gabs squeel of glee as she seemed to hover in the air for a moment before bringing her arms in and diving towards the forest floor.

Aftan tracked her counterpart's progress as the Shadow Knight disappeared into the shadows cast by a tree, entering the Shadow Realm before springing from the Shadow cast by a rock.

"Crazy girl." Aftan muttered as she took Akane's hand and the two of them blinked out of existence for a moment, only to blink back into existence next to Gabrielle.

"I missed doing that!" Gabrielle said with a content smile.

As much as she hated to admit, Aftan actually agreed with her.

Kurumu entered the Hanger, followed closely by Puce, to see Knight Neeraj being Knight Neeraj.

"Woohoo hoo! Hi Armie! Hi Master Neeraj!" The Succubus called out as she approached the duo, Elena and Blackharte.

The Succubus smiled as she patted the Steed's snout and produced an apple for him that she had snagged from the canteen on the way to the Hanger. As she fed Armageddon the apple, she noted The Chaos Knight's mental state.

"Awww don't cry my Masterful Chaos Knight. " The Succubus said as she kissed the top of the Knight's helm.

"You're doing the best job possible, I hope you know that. I'm taking the girls (Phantasms) with me and they want you to wish them luck!"

For Elena, she could only roll her eyes at Blackharte in reference to the mental state of the unstoppable force of Chaos. Seeing David jump, the opener followed suit, using a portal to land where David did.

"Keep us safe up here, will yah?" Kurumu said encouragingly as she unfurled her wings and grabbed Puce under his arms and took off.

As she took off, she spotted Cadolbolg, Angie, Caim, Teri, Jake, Ton Ton and yelled some encouraging words at them.

"Come on slow pokes. Last one to the temple buys the first round of drinks!"

As she buzzed the Hanger, waiting for Angie to lift off, she spotted Melethia.

"Hey shorty! You want me to grab a ladder for you so you can climb down?" The succubus called out as she passed by, a smile on her face that she was able to actually perform a mission while in her real body.

Kurumu's happiness must have been infectious because as Puce carried off by Kurumu, he spotted Saya and called out to her.

"Hey Siren! I thought you were looking for treasure. Keep standing there and all you'll collect is dust!"

For his part, Cadolbolg looked up at his parents and waited for his parents to make the first move.

A.I. Vermilion | Kyre | Mark: The Corrupted Forest."

Mark would have said something snappy in response to Kyre's worda if she would have allowed him to speak. However all he could say was:

"Mpph Muuuh Mpppppp Mpppk![1]"

He watched as Kyre charged him, her blades flashing in the lightning overhead and with his powers disabled, he resorted to what he could do physically.

He waited as Kyre started to make her move and he stepped into it, using the sudden change in range to throw the anti-mage's aim off while allowing him to deflect a blow with the vermilion flintlock while using his free hand to grab the wrist of the hand holding the blocked weapon.

With the help of Kyre's momentum, Mark attempted to throw the girl over his his shoulder, a move that he had practiced hundreds of times when he was a student of Hiashi Ha Shito Ryu Kai, a form of Karate.

[1] "You're gonna be eating pies through a feeding tube, bitch!

Cadolbolg, Kurumu, Puce, and Saya

Seeing the little dragon did not make Saya feel weirded out or even remotely scared. On Pandora, there were these things called 'Stalkers' along with other kinds of creatures similar to reptiles .. so seeing this was just amusing and interesting really. But before Saya can respond to Puce's comment, a girl with bat-like wings swept Puce away and that there made Saya slant her mouth in confusion.

"Hey Siren! I thought you were looking for treasure. Keep standing there and all you'll collect is dust!"

"What?"
"Oh yea, looks like everyone's tailing out of here. Finally..."

"Whow wait, are you all abandoning me now?! I was just starting to get to f***ing know everyone!" She called out to no one in particular, and ran after everyone that have just left. Hopefully she wasn't to late for the jump, because she would have some slick moves to try out. Maybe flip and then land on the knees like superheros do to look cool? Or how about a spin and then do a cart well once landed? .. Saya was putting to much thought into this.

Time: Daylight

Armageddon | Nessaj | BlackHarte

The Chaos Knight wailed ever harder after the group left, "And now even my knave does not know how to pronounce my name! Why must the Chaos Knight be accursed with such terrible fortune!?"

BlackHarte rubbed his chine in the meantime and walked over to the bridge, he would do his part to keep the airship afloat in the coming storm.

---

Kyre

Kyre was light, far lighter than Mark would have expected. Her entire body was almost weightless when he tried to flip her, and for good reason. By the time his hands had managed to let go of her body, she was in the air, but rather than tumbling through it like some awkward duck, she was high in the air, blade glinting in the sunlight and refracting the blinding light off the emerald leaves that fell towards the ground.

The young Atni-Mage dove straight downwards, having used Mark's toss as a spring for her own body. Talon and Fang were curved swords however, and would not stab very well, so she held them to her sides, another x-wise cut, and this time a falling guillotine.

Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Armageddon | Blackharte | Caim | Cadolbolg | David | Dmitri | Elena | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kud | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Neeraj | Riki | Rugal | Saya | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: Drop Zone

As the others prepared to jump off; Angelus and Caim were giving last minute lecturing to their son and Ton Ton about riding a dragon, while Jake and Teri clamored onto Angelus' neck. The dragon did her best not to shift uncomfortably with the extra weight; but did not voice any complaints. They were not heavy, but it was still something the dragon was not accustomed to.

A few more moments passed when the dragon felt additional weight near her tail, and gave a light growl, "You'd best hang tightly, for I do not know what would happen to those back there. Caim, get on. We're leaving before any more humans get a bright idea... Hold on tightly to anything you do not want to lose. To the skies!"

As the warrior clamored up on his normal perch; the dragon spread her mighty wings, and gave a proud roar, which Cadolbolg attempted to copy, with little success. Two steps were taken by the mighty red, and she; along with her son and various riders, plunged to the dark marsh below.

Fitting Music.

Lucifer | Devon:

Devon saw the gong in reach and reached deep within him to make that last charge to the gong and used the pommel of his blade to pound at the gong, the blade ringing in an eerie harmony to the gong. Whatever was supposed to be woken up by that gong would hear the extra ringing and might spur them on to move over to the area quicker. Until they arrived, though, Devon would have to hold his ground with the fire imps. "Come on, we can make it! Just hold the line until we get that help!" He fought alongside the imps, doing what he could to back the imps up

Location: Transition | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America

Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Fionn | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kate | Kud | Kurumu | Lily | Puce | Melethia | Phantasm Kurumus | The Preacher | Riki | Rugal | Saya |Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton: Drop Zone

Tajuh made sure the rest of the group was geared up before making the jump. The wind forced him over to the area where Kyre was fighting Puce, who was visible to Tajuh because of the attack. Upon landing, Tajuh drew a blade from his wallet and held it up to parry the attack from the Emerald Silence. "Mark, leave. Now." Upon eyeing up the woman, he could see that she was a legitimate threat and placed himself between the author and the psychotic woman.

Melethia looked at the vials with interest after jumping up to where Kurumu is and opening the parachute to fall down. "Hey, maybe after this, can I go and take a look at what stuff you put into that? Maybe I could use it to give my own stuff some more bang."

Slindis moved over to the foul-mouthed Siren. "It looks like you're stuck with me. We can introduce each other upon landing." The paladin put on a simple ring engraved with a feather and grabbed the woman before jumping down safely, their fall being slowed almost to the speed of a feather.

Slindis and Saya

Upon peering down from the ship, this looked to good to be true. The thrill of pulling off a stunt, making everyone admire her along with wanting to seek out her performances more often-

"It looks like you're stuck with me. We can introduce each other upon landing."

Until a woman grabbed Saya and jumped down, but they were falling at a speed of a feather, like it was slow motion except it really wasn't.

W- whoh.... wshhh who's got me??

"Heeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ... I would of, I don't know- preferred you'd tell me about doing this. What am I some sort of princess in distress? F***ing ... ugh. No no, forget it. Thank you~ for the 'lift'. I.. appreciate it." Her tone wasn't sour, but more of disappointment that she didn't get to do what she intended on doing. After all, you don't look hardcore or a bad@$$ when someone's carrying you like a man usually does saving the woman in movies.

"Okay, so.. who are you? And why are you carrying me like I needed saving?"

Slindis and Saya

Slindis looked at the Siren during the fall and shrugged. "I know that look you had in your eye. I'm guessing you were aiming on a grand landing, right? I wasn't going to risk you messing up your landing and having me or Teri fix something that didn't need to happen in the first place." It was clear that Slindis had killed the woman's grandstanding, but the fact that the blueish-gray woman had picked her up so effortlessly showed she was strong underneath all of that armor. And were those pointed ears?

"If you need to know right now, I'm Slindis. It's clear that you're not from anywhere I've been, but I'll try to not hold you back." She had already damaged the woman's ego a bit from how they were landing, so she didn't want to offend her any more

Slindis and Saya

"If you need to know right now, I'm Slindis. It's clear that you're not from anywhere I've been, but I'll try to not hold you back."

Saya couldn't help but have a tense expression on her face.
... Hold me back?

"I'm a Siren, I am not some little child you could protect from the world. The world is my landmark, and I don't want anyone, from an elf to an element bending f***er to stop me from my dreams and goals. Screw that!"
Saya bared her teeth as she ripped Slindis's hold of her. Instead, Saya grabbed the bottom of Slindis's legs and then Saya placed her other arm behind Slindi's back, like how a husband carries a bride style.

Because of this, the sudden shift caused Slindi's ring to fall off, making them actually fall fast now. Saya had one leg bent, the other as straight as possible. Her hair was up, the wind rising as they race down from the atmosphere. And then, they made contact with the ground. The gust from the impact of Saya hitting the ground make dust spread out, and the ground to crack a bit. However, Saya was squatting down with her head narrowed enough for the hair to cover the eyes ... Slindis perfectly okay as she was in the same position as before. And the ring, well .. they fell faster then it fell so a second later Saya caught it before it touched the surface. Panting softly, Saya spoke to the knight, ".. Don't, ever ... ..h aa. . hu.. treat me like a mistress. I'm, a F***ING WARRIOR. I'm going to show everyone, and that cumbucket of a dick Jack that I am a Vault Hunter who's to be reckoned with. BELIEVE ME."

Drop Zone
Akane nodded, then promptly turned and threw up. Wiping her mouth, she gave a weak smile. "Aftan love, didn't I tell you last time to give me warning about teleports? I could have flown down. Oooh, its okay i am sure I will feel better soon. That bacon was probably not the best of breakfasts to have today..."

"Thank you Angelus." Jake said as the great red dragon took to the skies. Her roar shook him and filled him with an awesome feeling.

The wind whipping past his face, the feel of the majestic dragon, all of it threatened to overwhelm the Author. But it didn't, and a feral grin not unlike Caim's spread across his face. He pumped a fist into the air.

"OFF WE GO! INTO THE WILD BLUE YONDER!" he shouted, his voice all but lost to the wind.

Slindis and Saya

When they landed, the Drow took the ring back from the woman, showing that she was annoyed as she got out of the woman's arms. "You do realize you could have just killed the both of us? And if you ever think to taking anything from me again, don't. Now then, we're going to make a path through this jungle." The Paladin drew two blades from her Bag of Holding and effortlessly skewered one of the tainted panthers that approached the two.

Sgt_Jakeman214:

"Thank you Angelus." Jake said as the great red dragon took to the skies. Her roar shook him and filled him with an awesome feeling.

The wind whipping past his face, the feel of the majestic dragon, all of it threatened to overwhelm the Author. But it didn't, and a feral grin not unlike Caim's spread across his face. He pumped a fist into the air.

"OFF WE GO! INTO THE WILD BLUE YONDER!" he shouted, his voice all but lost to the wind.

In The Sky

More Appropriate Music!

Teri let out a mechanical whoop to the wind as she was held in place by one of Caim's arms. Clinging to her staff tightly; the young cleric looked on as the heavy skyline slowly gave way to the foreboding lands below.

The swordsman, while he usually enjoyed his rides; was not appreciating the cramped conditions. Usually, he would find himself free to the air about him. Now, with a short girl in front of him, and a behemoth behind; Caim couldn't help but feel irritated.

A rumbling laugh emitted from the dragon when she 'heard' her partner's thoughts, the flesh below the little group shaking in waves as she laughed. "'Why are these fools on my dragon?' Selfish, even in necessity. I'll keep that in mind."

As they flew, the group on Angelus' back could see the eerie blue light of Ton Ton's lantern as Cadolbolg and his green rider followed closely after his 'parents'.

Altea and Kalastryn? They could only hang on for the ride.

Slindis and Saya

"You do realize you could have just killed the both of us? And if you ever think to taking anything from me again, don't. Now then, we're going to make a path through this jungle."

Saya tried making her point, showing how hardcore she was but this is the response she gets?
Just a scolding, still being underestimated, and overall brushed aside over a ring that she didn't even plan on stealing?

"F*** you!" Saya shouted as she came up and shoved Slindis, making a stance with her eyes narrowed.
"Who the HELL do you think YOU are? You're the one who decided to lift me up and carry me onto the floor without even asking me. You b****, treating me like this is going to get YOUR @$$ KILLED. I don't take s*** from anyone, never will.. never. Repeat after me. NEVER."

Saya did a little bit of pacing, walking almost around Slindis but would come back while still mad dogging her.
"That right there- that, S*** right there... it pisses me off so badly. Did you ever think if, you're being like the stereotypical male who's thinking the lady can't take care, OF HER F***ING SELF?? That's sexism, you sexist... and you're a girl yourself!! F*** THAT NOISE."

Her eyes started to slowly light up a yellow and her tattoos becoming a dim yellow as well, as if her anger and emotions were starting to boost her powers. However, Saya clapped her hands together and breathed into them like she was in the freezing cold. After a minute or two, Saya took a breath and started talking to Slindis again.
".. D*** it. I went off again. ... Hey, I.. .i'm sorry. I'm sorry. I got, issues ok? ... .. Just pretend it didn't happen. Siren's ... well, we're very touchy and I was a b****. Sorry." Saya looked up and brushed her eye, even though she wasn't crying, she was thinking back as to how she got those stained marks on her cheek.

Slindis and Saya

Slindis let the Siren go through her rant before calmly talking with a slight waver in her voice. "It doesn't matter who you are, honestly. I've seen men and women of every race get impulsive like that, and I'm just not comfortable picking up the bodies any more. Yell however much you want... I'm just trying to look out for someone I work with. As for my items, they're all from a home that I'll never be able to see again, and losing them means losing the memories that I gained with them."

Devon | Fire Imps | Lucifer:

"Hold on to your horses, asshole. You know us Succubi don't like to be... Hey you're not that scummy ex-husband of MINE... you're not Lucifer!!" Screamed a voice nearby, but not nearly far enough that her scratchy voice didn't make Devon wince.

The source of the voice was, as far as Devon could tell, a rather fetching Succubus, wearing a low cut blouse underneath a fur coat, her blue hair done in curves, framing her purple eyes.

If Devon had bothered to check for Lucifer, he would have found that the Arch-Daemon had disappeared. The Succubus seemed used to it however as she took note of the situation.

"Ohh. Moving time is it? Alright... GIRLS!! MOVING TIME!!" She called out, summoning a horde of scantily clad demonettes and succubi and as the horde began subduing and moving the Carnal Statues, the lead turned back to Devon.

"*Sniff sniff* A human, eh? Why'd that bastard bring a human here? Oh and before you ask, my names Ageha, Ageha Kurono." She said as she offered her hand for Devon to kiss.

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle : Drop Group #1

Being the person that she was, Aftan said nothing but held the Kitsune's hair up as Akane proceedes to empty out the contents of her stomach all over the forest floor.

"Apologies, my love, I forgot how much teleportation disagrees with your stomach." The white knight said as she pulled out a handkerchief and cleaned a string of spittle that clung to the motion sick Kitsune's mouth.

There might have been additional words or gestures passed if it wasn't for a:

*THUD!!*

"Heeeey! Look who I found wandering around by herself!" Gabs said as she sat perched on a blackened tree, looking surprisingly at home in the black corrupted environment.

Looking down at the thing that Gabrielle had unceremoniously tossed at their feet, Aftan and Akane saw a lizard.

"Hi Cadolbolg!"

Kyre | Mark | Tajuh: Drop Group #2

There was a bit of relief that enveloped Mark as Tajuh blocked what would have been a decapitating. However that was as far as any positive feelings went as the environment had its effect on Mark.

Thankfully he couldn't vocalize exactly how he felt in regards to Kyre, but the expression on his face said it all: He was pissed.

Ignoring Tajuh's orders, the Dramatist surged past the warrior to Kyre's anticipated landing point, waiting for the moment that the Anti-Mage landed to unleash an attack of his own.

There would have been a whistling through the air, were it not for the spell of silence that Mark was under, as the Dramatist lashed out with a backhanded attack with the butt of the flintlock intending to follow the strike up with a roundhouse kick aimed at no particular bodypart.

Mark rolls a 19

David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Ruga: Drop Group #3

As the grouped moved through the forrest, Elena drew her .45 Caliber pistol, intent on backing up David, no matter what he planned to do.

However the one thing that kept her from taking matters into her own hands was the presence of Kud and Riki.

Smiling at the two young teens, Elena waved at the reassuringly, believing that they must be scared.

"Are you two okay?" Elena asked Kud.

Kurumu | Puce | Melethia: Drop Group #4

Kurumu followed her short elven ally down, mirroring the girl's slow decent.

"Sure! I could show you a bunch of recipes I learned while... Umm... Experimenting." Leaving out what it was that she was trying to accomplish with these experiments.

"I don't want to know what you two are talking about." Puce said, unaware of thr relationship between Kurumu and Melethia.

"We've just been testing each other. She's pretty good with a bow. But I wanna see how she'll do with some propper explosives."

The trio finally reached the ground, waving at Angelus and her riders as they passed overhead.

The forest seemed quiet... but anyone with a brain knew that the peace could be shattered at any time.

Puce drew his staff, making sure that his latest Flame Discharge module was charged. Kurumu on the otherhand, pulled out the Shotgun she had used against Melethia during their training, however this time it was filled with lethal rounds.

A.I. Vermilion | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri | Ton Ton: Drop Group # 5

Cadolbolg looked at his rider briefly as he cut through the air, hoping that Ton Ton would be able to hold on if they needed to perform combat manuevers. He also hoped that Ton Ton was comfortable riding on the cold metal of Cadolbolg's body.

"Is friend Ton Ton comfortabl enough?" The mini-dragon asked as he took position flanking his mother and father, waving at them and the additional riders.

A.I. Vermilion smiled briefly at Dmitri as she looked around his home. However the look quickly passed as she relayed her master's current plight, fighting Kyre.

A.I. Vermilion | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Dmitri | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri | Ton Ton: Drop Group # 5

Inside the Tablet
Dimitri's once placid expression changed as his mouth creased into a faint frown, "I would help you, Ms. Vermilion, but I am afraid that I do not know how. I have no access to any mechanical components of User: Kyre, nor am I able to. She has none, as far as I know. What would you have me do to aid you?"

He clapped his hands, revealing the identities of his allied programs and The_Nine_Iron that leaned against his chair.

"They are free to aid you, but again, I do not know how they would do so."

In the Sky

Ton Ton nodded eagerly, "I'm doing fine! However, it is a little hard for me to hold onto my equipment while holding onto you. But I imagine I can manage till we reach ground level. But I will say, it is nice going a bit faster than normal."

If he could have smiled, he would have grinned ear to ear.

Slindis and Saya

"It doesn't matter who you are, honestly. I've seen men and women of every race get impulsive like that, and I'm just not comfortable picking up the bodies any more. Yell however much you want... I'm just trying to look out for someone I work with. As for my items, they're all from a home that I'll never be able to see again, and losing them means losing the memories that I gained with them."

What is she implying? Did she kill people who lashed out at her? Who knows, but Saya didn't like her attitude despite apologizing, which she didn't do often. The nerve of Slindis, saying it doesn't matter who she is. Saya wants to be known, to be something of importance .. this knight was snobby if nothing worse. Perhaps the knight looked down on her?

".. Hmm. That's fine, but even though I apologized- watch yourself. Keep acting that way, and you'll really blow a fuse."
Saya brought up a virtual map using her gadget, and the screen was big enough to cover her body as she scanned through the items she had, the amount of money she was carrying, and the time.

".. Guess I am stuck with you, everyone else is in groups of three. F***ing lovely. I'm stuck with my motherly figure."

Devon | Fire Imps | Lucifer:

Devon cautiously approached the woman and kissed her hand. "It's nice to meet you, Ageha. I'm Devon, and I was coming here for a bit of training. Real sorry about forcing you to rush, but it was getting kind of tight there." The man was clearly a bit nervous being around the succubus, but the connection between her and Kurumu passed over his head. If he could take a look into a mirror, he would see that the time spent in Heaven had done a lot to making him look better, even if it had removed his facial hair.

Kyre | Mark | Tajuh: Drop Group #2

Tajuh shook his head and moved next to the man, ready to defend the reckless writer. What kind of idiot brings a gun to a CWC situation?

Kurumu | Puce | Melethia: Drop Group #4

Kurumu followed her short elven ally down, mirroring the girl's slow decent.

Melethia drew a purple bladed longsword and a purple bladed kukri, ready to fight the creatures along the way. "Ooh, I can't wait to see them as well. I've got some stuff of my own, but it's better to use it in close quarters. More damage that way, ya know? 'Sides, it's funner to melt their faces with acid or freeze their bodies with endothermic reactions, Skyhair." It was easy to see that this girl would be a handful.

Slindis and Saya

After the Siren looked through the gadget, Slindis made her way through the corrupted jungle using her training in her now-lost home's dense jungles to great effect. "Keep up, will you? Even though the landscape's been warped, the same basic rules apply here. Just be glad that trolls don't live here." Two more currupted panthers pounced at the two, and Slindis skewered the one attacking her through the heart and gut with her rapiers, pulling them out as acid from the blades ate away at the wound.

Slindis and Saya

"Keep up, will you? Even though the landscape's been warped, the same basic rules apply here. Just be glad that trolls don't live here."

Not caring to hide it, Saya mumbled something before putting away the digital screen.
"God d*** I want to punch you so hard right now-"

Of course, two corrupted panthers sprinted at Slindis and Saya, only for Slindis to brutally kill one of them and Slindis pulling out it's organs with acid inflicting the wound more. For a knight, this chick was pretty hardcore. Saya didn't think she would be that way but then again most knights like to deem themselves as rightious or noble to where they'll kill as politely as possible.

"Hoooo -h0- hooooly s***, you tore that beast apart! Whoooaah hahaa!"
Then she realized the other one was in mid air, coming down onto Saya with it's teeth sharp and the cat larger then maybe even the giant dragonfly. Maybe not as big, but it was huge nether the less.

"Hold it right there-" She stated, her tattoo glowing blue and her hand up, a dark orb formed which resulted the panther into getting phaselocked. Slindis can feel herself slowly feeling better, more.. energetic, and any wound or injury was slowly recovering, but slowly rest assured.
With that, Saya pulled out her pistol, shot the creature resulting in the bullet exploding the cat's head right off with blood splashing all around. It was surely dead, but sadly it dropped no loot.

"Do any of these f***ers have anything good on them? They didn't even put up a good fight."

Slindis and Saya

"Do any of these f***ers have anything good on them? They didn't even put up a good fight."

The drow looked at the fallen cats, judging that their meat wasn't all too git for eating with the way they were already starting to decay. "Leave them. The magic of this area is corrupting them, although you can remove something from them as a trophy if you feel comfortable with it." She continued to make a strong pace, and Slindis did note the marking on the woman's arm.

"Have you had that marking from birth, or did it develop later on in life?" Her question was clearly out of curiosity, and there was no ill intentions in the question.

Slindis and Saya

"Have you had that marking from birth, or did it develop later on in life?"

The question itself made Saya quiet for a bit, making her glance at the tattoo. Despite that she could be (again), rude and having a mouth on her, there were moments she would ease up and get sensitive in a way you'd just notice a different shift in the girl.

".. Oh .. .. from birth, I ... had these."

She turned only then to face Slindis as she sat on the panther's dead corpse. Saya gazed at her arm, eyes drawn to the patterns and flow of the tattoo, which she then felt it was time to least express it. Funny thing was Saya was more then happy to express who she was, but her past is a major no go. Then again, keeping it inside isn't exactly Saya's thing, she has the tendency to be blunt.

".. Sirens, the six that exist in the universe, or universes .. are born with these tattoos. It is believed it's a blessing from a higher power, a God or to some- we are Goddesses. However, I believe that's bulls***. These tattoos are linked to the universe, they're channeled with the universe and we draw power from them. I'm not sure what... or why, I was born with them or what purpose I serve."

Saya's expression became sad, a bit more so where Slindis noticed it was a sadness far more then just feeling sad. It was despair.

"F*** my life. I want to live it, and there's no way .. . in hell .. I am going to let people use me ever again. Ever... again."
She sighed and combed her hair to the side since it was loosening over her eyesight again.

"Look, Slindia- or.. Slindy, whatever your name was again; I am a Siren and being one makes me very special. It's a gift, but it can be a curse too. Not that it has a curse, just a downfall really. It's downfall involved @$$holes who want to .. . use me, or .. never mind. I'm alright.. really I am. Okay why are you looking at me like that?"

Slindis and Saya

"Look, Slindia- or.. Slindy, whatever your name was again; I am a Siren and being one makes me very special. It's a gift, but it can be a curse too. Not that it has a curse, just a downfall really. It's downfall involved @$$holes who want to .. . use me, or .. never mind. I'm alright.. really I am. Okay why are you looking at me like that?"

Slindis paused for a moment before speaking in a tone that was implacable. "Just call me Slin. I only have one thing to say about your abilities: hide the mark if you don't want others knowing about it, and do so in a way looks natural. More often than not, if the average person has nothing to suspect, they won't. It's just how people are."

Perhaps it was the scent of the panther blood clinging to Slindis' rapiers, but the creatures around them seemed a bit hesitant to attack. Even in her full plate which was remarkably well-crafted, the paladin moved through the undergrowth with ease. The Siren could see that this pointy-eared knight knew her way around jungles.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 . . . 874 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here