The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 . . . 809 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Transition | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Morning | January 1st

Slindis and Saya

"Just call me Slin. I only have one thing to say about your abilities: hide the mark if you don't want others knowing about it, and do so in a way looks natural. More often than not, if the average person has nothing to suspect, they won't. It's just how people are."

No doubt has Saya considered doing this before- wearing long sleeves would certainly be efficient in hiding the tattoo .. only problem was whenever she needed to use her phaselock, her tattoo would glow and the power itself would be revealed so it would be a waste of time. Also she doesn't like hiding herself, she wants to be known. So despite the advise being good, it would be a poor attempt to try it.

However, Slindis was already walking away making Saya have to jog towards her and then they steadily went through the jungle together. Since Slindis got an answer, Saya decided to be a bit nicer .. though she was still holding a grudge against the elf girl for almost everything.

But in a calm mature voice, Saya asked, "Since you got a word from me .. what made an elf like yourself become a knight. Your origins, where you came from and what you seek in life. Yea the questions are cliche' but I want to know."

Slindis and Saya

"Since you got a word from me .. what made an elf like yourself become a knight. Your origins, where you came from and what you seek in life. Yea the questions are cliche' but I want to know."

Slindis decided to take a quick seat and went to her bag of holding, retrieving a pouch of Jerky and biting into it. "I was raised in a beaten-up temple deep in the jungles of my home and was pushed towards being a knight rather than a cleric. I still don't get the man's reasoning, but they were raising us. It wasn't easy: from the moment I was able to wear armor and hold a blade, that's what we did. Unfortunately, our first real training mission went to Khyber and the secluded Drow was sent to the big city with enemies without having done a single thing." She tossed a piece of the dried meat over to Saya and continued.

"Because of the situation I lived in, it was so easy to see that nobody cared for those that fell in between the gaps, and the city wasn't safe by a long shot. So I used my training to help them, and I picked up a great deal along the way. Even when I joined another order, though, I often had to work outside of the rules because they were simply too restrictive. For what I'll do now? I don't really know, although there's one person that needs a swift kick in the ass and possibly a bit more."

Slindis and Saya

"Because of the situation I lived in, it was so easy to see that nobody cared for those that fell in between the gaps, and the city wasn't safe by a long shot. So I used my training to help them, and I picked up a great deal along the way. Even when I joined another order, though, I often had to work outside of the rules because they were simply too restrictive. For what I'll do now? I don't really know, although there's one person that needs a swift kick in the ass and possibly a bit more."

It was a bit touching and saddening to hear this. Despite the different life styles Slidin and Saya had, they have a bit in common. Although one was calm, other was very emotional. Yet pain is always a factor in both parties, no matter how much you don't want to have any similarities with that individual.

Still, she appreciated the dried meat and took a big chunk of it with just her mouth ripping it sideways and giving the story some thought. "So you're out for someone, wanting to beat or kill them? Knights don't do that s*** but who am I to say? You can rob a bank for all the f***s I give about that."
She sighed, and took another bite. However, she already was almost done and ended up biting the tips, only for her to wince and shake her head with a frown.

"You know what .. I don't know anything about knights. I assume they're @$$ kissing religious men .. hint I said men because I haven't seen any women in stories as a knight. F***ing lore always praising the guys for heroic s***. I'd curvestomp anyone who tried shoving their rules down my throat- and NO don't think of it as something else."

Then again, Saya wasn't sure how Slindin was really like. She seemed, peaceful but sure of herself. She certainly can kill with no hesitation and do it where it made Saya surprised. Regardless, the Siren sucked the tips of each her fingers liking the aftertaste.

"Mhh, by-the way .. hm, you said 'us'. Who you train with and why aren't they with you? Or whom just asking."

Location: Transition | Scene Change | 2nd Ring of Hell (Lust)
Time: Timeless

Devon | Fire Imps | Lucifer:

The Succubus sighed as she looked over the work that her minions were taking care of, a look of satisfaction appearing on her face as they appeared to be ahead of schedule.

"No apologies needed. It's that asshole's fault anyhow. He's too nice to these pervs and lowlifes. If it were up to me, they'd be stuck in the same position for eternity, not allowed to readjust 4 times a year." Agehea said, satisfied that the human gave her a sufficient amount of attention.

"You look like you've been through the ringer. I know that you mortals are generally pretty frail but to have lived through a swarm of the statues... that takes a particular amount of stamina and talent, help or no help." She continued before she spotted a Fire Imp pulling on Devon's leg as if to urge him to leave this ring and move on to his next stage of training. Seeing this, Agehea frowned and promptly sent the Imp rolling down the hill with a swift kick.

"I was about to have some dinner before you sounded the gong... care to join me?"

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America

Kurumu | Puce | Melethia: Drop Group #4

There was a chuckling that came from Kurumu's mouth as she listened to Melethia's enthusiastic response towards chemistry.

"You know... burning, freezing, exploding... those are all well and good come back and talk to me when you can start making creatures implode, literally puke their guts out or make it so that they start clawing at their own faces." The Succubus said with a smirk. However, just so show that she wasn't a total bitch, she pulled out one of her vials, the one that she had shown Melethia earlier on the bridge, cracked it, allowing the two liquids to mix before chucking it at a pack of what looked like corrupted boar.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

The shockwave of the explosion would have been enough to knock Melethia down, even at that distance had it not been for the bat like wings that covered her, Kurumu and Puce.

"Was that really needed? The whole county knows where we are now."

"Ooops. Sorry!"

Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri | Ton Ton: Drop Group # 5

Sensing his rider's discomfort, Cadolbolg concentrated on sensing the shifting winds in the area, making the ride a bit more steady for Ton Ton.

Smiling to himself, he imagined himself and Ton Ton flying through the clouds, engaging in combat against other mounted opponents, Ton Ton leaping through the air and having Cadolbolg catch him.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

The shock wave of Kurumu's explosive caused the tiny dragon to veer suddenly in surprise, a move that Ton Ton was obviously not ready for as he found himself falling through the air.

It might have seemed like an eternity to Ton Ton but he heard the beating of wings and suddenly... he was once again sailing through the air instead of falling through it.

"Apologies, Friend Ton Ton. It appears my former construct sister is enjoying some time with her recipes."

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri: Dmitri's Home

"Understandable. My master simply left a copy of me here to keep you and your Mistress abreast of the current situation on the ground should your assistance be needed."

There was a pause as more data was updated.

"It appears that my master is receiving assistance from Tajuh."

Time: Daylight

Kyre rolls a 19

The Anti-Mage dropped down onto the Dramatist's gun with her twin blades, catching her entire weight of Mark's arm. Metal ground against metal as she tried to balance herself, swinging her legs in the air to try and secure another landing position.

She brought the swords together and leapt off the gun's barrel, flipping over once in the air and landing in a pile of emerald leaves a few feet away. Talon and Fang came up one after the other, taking a defensive guardianship of their master.

Kyre scowled, "I have no conflict with you Sir Tajuh," she licked her lips, "but this man has earned my ire, and I wish only to harm him."

Location: Transition | Scene Change | 2nd Ring of Hell (Lust)

Devon | Fire Imps | Lucifer:

He was about to decline when the hunger pangs that had been suppressed while he was in heaven hit with full force. "I don't know how long I can stay, but I'll accept. Although it really should be me making the food for you since you helped out, right?" He put the electric guitar in the case and cautiously followed, still a little bit nervous. However, it would be rude to refuse, and if he didn't get some food soon, he might not make it through the rest of the training.

After all, what was the worst that could be in that food?

There was a chuckling that came from Kurumu's mouth as she listened to Melethia's enthusiastic response towards chemistry.

Melethia shrugged at Kurumu's explanation. "I like keeping it simple, though. enough simple things make it quite difficult for someone to bypass, especially if one of the things they're working around causes another one of the traps to trigger." Her talk was stopped upon seeing the explosion, and her eyes lit up. "...you've gotta show me what you put in those."

Slindis and Saya

She handed Saya another chunk of the dried meat. "There are so many different things I'd like to do to the man, but I can't kill him. The reason's complicated, but that would be a very bad move on my part." The area was still fairly calm for a dark and sinister forest, and the drow took a look around for anything that was off. "With the knights, they come from all walks of life, and some of them are just complete pains to work with because they always assume that they're better than you in every way. Doubly so if you're a woman. It's almost like they forget Tira Miron was a woman, the thickheaded morons. Bur for the others, I trained with them, but there's no chance of seeing them. After all, they're not on this mortal coil any more."

Tajuh, Kyre, and Mark

The man focused his eyes on Kyre and shook his head. "Kyre, your grudge will wait until we leave, and neither of you will kill each other or I swear to god I will pull this expedition right over." Mark's memory flashed back to a minor fact about each one of Tajuh's abilities: none of them were reliant at all on magic.

Altea | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri | Ton Ton: Drop Group # 5

Taking a few deep breaths, Ton Ton calmed down after being caught by the little dragon.

"I'm quite alright. Thank you, Cadolbolg. I'd have been a goner if you didn't show up."

He sighed, and said, "It's good that Ms. Kurumu is enthusiastic about clearing a path; but that does not bar some recklessness in her actions. I do hope she thinks of us fliers before doing that again... Come on, let's work on getting to ground level."

----
BOOM

Teri gasped as she felt herself being crushed against armor by a strong arm upon after the explosion hit. Caim's precaution against her falling off was a smart one, as it had kept her on the dragon. However, it didn't stop the impact from hurting any less. Checking over herself, Teri still found everything intact; from the straps that held her satchel and Dimitri (the tablet) in place, to the staff being clung in her hands. Accessing her thoughts with her staff, Teri couldn't help but ask, "Are you alright, Sadei? That blast was a doozy."

As she did this, Angelus called out to the rest of the riders for sound off, and received nothing from her son and Ton Ton. However, with her great eyes, she could still see the faintest glimmer of the Tonberry's lantern, and could assess the two would be alright. Ton Ton had already proven his worth before, and she was certain he would lead their son well...

"Understood. I was merely extending my end of this partnership; offering my resources as you do yours."

His book opened again, and the various programs relaxed as their master did. YAMATA-NO-OROCHI.EXE even lowered a few heads to be pet as the AI continued his reading.

"Unfortunately, as the Madam's status is still aerial; I do not believe she will be getting our status readouts until we reach ground level. But we are lucky, for she is with formidable allies. The shelf with items with your clearance are provided there."

Several shelves flashed red for a moment when Vermilion looked at them; but was more curious about the files that seemed go gain an assortment of different level securities upon them. Personal files, most likely; as well as access to the Avatar Adventures database. She thought it funny that they both came from Authors; but the one who ran this space was far more paranoid about her insecurities than her creator was.

The staff responded in a wavering tone, I'm okay, Teri. That blast ratted me, but I'm just as fine as you are. That forest down below, however, makes me feel...I don't quite know how to say it, but kind of like how it felt when that brute held me. Still, I'm sure we'll make it through there safely.

Rugal Notice: I don't think Rugal was in any of the groups O_O
After being the first person to make the jump, Rugal quickly learned one of the downsides of the Rising Dawn as a unit: Extremely disorganised.
".....Hello?.......Anyone?.....Slindis?.......Teri?......Riki?....Preacher?......." He asked out as he waited for the others to arrive, unaware of the fact they landed else where.
"..... Unbelievable....They had one thing, ONE THING, to do. GAH! Fucking teenagers...." He cursed to himself as he tried to contact Viscus on his PDA.
Which he had left in the Medical Bay.
".....Perfect....Just perfect...." He sighed as attempted to make his way though the jungle, using his Slashing Aura and his metal staff to clear his way of vines and bushes, hoping he was going in the right direction.

David West
David had landed by Elena, Kud and Riki as was soon on point, making sure the way was clear for his team.
"Right, so do we actually know which direction we are going in or are we leaving it to luck?" He asked as he tore down some vines in his way.
"Also.....I'm hoping this change in scenery didn't mess up the Eco-System."
"Huh....Never had you pegged as a Environmentalist, love."
"I meant it more in the "Giant Evil Mutated Fly Trap" sense. Because, you know...that'd suck....like a lot.."
And so he advanced, a bit more slowly now with that image in his head.

Teri nodded grimly, "Rugal made you feel bad..? As for this land, just thinking of the place makes me feel a little sick. Hmn... Maybe it's because we can feel the twisted energy of the formerly divine here. But what do I know? I'm just learning my magic stuff here. But... I'm glad your with me. Even if I get separated, you'll be here. Hmn... Before we land, do you mind joining me in a prayer?"

Awaiting her staff's response, she bowed her head, and began to compose her words to God...
----

As Ton Ton and Cadolbolg began their descent towards the ground, the duo heard a cry:".....Hello?.......Anyone?.....Slindis?.......Teri?......Riki?....Preacher?......."

Ton Ton's brow furrowed lightly, and he pointed his Knife in the direction of the sound, "I recognize that voice! It's the blind man. Come on, Cadolbolg, he could be in trouble!"

And so the two speed straight towards the distress call.

Agehea | Devon | Fire Imps | Lucifer:

Agehea smiled as Devon accepted her invitation to have a meal. It wasn't very often that she had a morsel of a mortal enter her lair voluntarily. Licking her lips, she took the mortal by the hand and lead him away, towards a large fortress not too far away.

"So, Devon, what brings a dish like you into a ring of hell like this?" Agehea asked as they traveled towards her home.

"It sure as here could be that Ex-Husband of mine. What's he got you doing anyways... his job? He's such a skirt chasing lazy ass." She continued, her eyes flaring up in anger at the thought of Lucifer.

"Anyhow. Let's not talk about him. Let's talk about us and more importantly, let's talk about what we can do for each other." There was something alluring about Agehea.

It took a while but the duo finally made it to Agehea's home, a glittering gold castle and inside there was a feast waiting for Devon, the castle's mistress having sent word that there was a mortal on its way to her home.

The Fire Imps trailed behind their master... chittering among themselves and trying to figure out a way to steer Devon away from the castle lest he never return.

Kyre | Mark | Tajuh: Drop Group #2

Despite Tajuh's warning of pulling the adventure over, the battle in the Corrupted forest continued, perhaps even because of the corrupted environment itself.

As Kyre readied herself for the Dramatist's next attack...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

An explosion lit the area like a 4th of July fireworks display, compliments of one Kurumu Kurono.

The result?

The Dramatist, who was in middle of charging towards Kyre was suddenly sent flying towards Kyre... unconscious but he was still a rather heft and large missile.

Mark the Projectile gets a 18

David | Elena | Kud | Riki: Drop Group #3

For her part, Elena chuckled at David's caution as he advanced further into the corrupted forest.

"Feed me, David, feed me!" Elena said, doing her best Little Shop of Horror's impression and chuckled a bit afterwards.

"You know what I'm hoping? I'm hoping that there's no tentacle vines. If I remember Tomoya, he was rather fond of Anime... and isn't anime rather fond of tentacles and ... little girls?" She said, nodding her head towards Kud, who was traveling in front of the two next to Riki.

The Succubus smiled at the little elf.

"Melethia... this is going to be the start of a wonderful friendship. I could teach you how to dress... how to blow things up... how to win the hearts of boys." Kurumu said before she paused for a second and took a look at the elf."Maybe when you're older that is. But let's start with chemical explosives first."

"Can you stop adopting kids, Kuru. First there was Kyre, now Melethia? Are you trying to imply something?" Puce asked, sounding less than pleased at another young woman that Kurumu fancied as a protege.

Cadolbolg | Ton Ton | Rugal: Drop Group # 6

Cadolbolg did as he was commanded by his rider and dove towards the blind man roaring as he closed in to make sure that Rugal was aware that they were coming.

Now... it might not have been the smartest thing but Cadolbolg and Ton Ton landed on the shoulder of one very paranoid, very blind man.

"Hello, Comrade! Are you lost?" Cadolbolg croaked with concern.

"Curious about the varied security levels that she has placed on these encrypted files. You creator seems to be hiding a number of things in her own personnel file, particularly the psychological reports. A.I. Vermilion said as she touched a bust of Sigmund Freud, and found herself singed by a spark of electricity.

"If she is so inclined about protecting her files, she might want to include Watch Dog and Gate constructs on these files." The A.I. stated as she began a review of the security protocols that were in place.

Time: Daylight

Kyre

Kyre rolls a 15

Kyre screamed shrilly as Mark hit her dead on, her grip slipped as she brought her hands up to shield herself, and the Dramatist's body drove Fang and Talon through the palm of her hands, leaving streaks of red crimson droplets in the chilled air.

"Get... off me..." she groaned, struggling against Mark's unconscious body. Her frame was light, and now that she was under someone rather heavy, she couldn't seem to muster enough room to push him off, "Sir Taju..." she reached out with her hand, "help me out of here..."

Agehea | Devon | Fire Imps | Lucifer:

His eyebrow perked up upon being called a dish, but he ignored it as he made his way to the table, pulling Agehea's seat up for her and waited for her to take a seat before sitting down himself. "It's hard to think that you prepare so much food every night for yourself, but I really do appreciate you having me here for so short a time. Lucifer's actually aiding me with some training. I had to push myself pretty hard so far, but I almost think that I've got the hang of it. But what could you need from me?" Devon grabbed some if the fish laid out on the table and ate a little bit, causing his stomach to almost go into overtime to process the food before he had a drink of the water there to settle his stomach.

Kyre | Mark | Tajuh: Drop Group #2

Tajuh lifted up the unconscious Author easily and hoisted him on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "Kyre, we all need to cooperate here even if you do not like him. Understood? This is not the time for petty grudges."

Melethia laughed. "Oh, I already know the basics of them, but I can't wait to see what kinda stuff you have for the reactions. My favorite is making enough electricity to power a manufactory for a week with stuff that could fit in one bottle. But for that other stuff, I'm not too sure I like guys yet. They're easy to fight, though. One stab between the legs stops most all dead in their tracks."

[u]Teri, Sadei[/i]

The staff made a shuddering noise in Teri's head. Well, It just feels so wrong here, but I'll be happy to aid you in a prayer here The staff wrapped the author in a pleasant aura, making the two feel better as they started with the prayer.

Slindis and Saya

"With the knights, they come from all walks of life, and some of them are just complete pains to work with because they always assume that they're better than you in every way. Doubly so if you're a woman. It's almost like they forget Tira Miron was a woman, the thickheaded morons. Bur for the others, I trained with them, but there's no chance of seeing them. After all, they're not on this mortal coil any more."

Saya knew where Slindis was coming from. Having to cooperate with people you've grown to dislike or even hate. That gunzerker for example, he would go crazy- get himself hurt enough to be bleeding gallons of blood only to be healed up quickly by Saya and then once the fight was over .. he'd take all the good stuff in the loot. Saya, healed him and yet he'd steal from her.

Well, let's just say Saya gave him a 'lift' and socked his 'sun don't shine here' until he submitted and retreated. ".. Yeah, I feel yah. Douche bags, scum of the earth. I'd rather shoot my eye out then deal with that kind of people. Least the throbbing pain would slowly go away .. while the other pain would keep getting at me."

Slindis and Saya

She nodded as they continued through the forest, her experience from Xen'Drik's dense jungles proving invaluable to avoiding the majority of the threats. After a bit, though, it got silent and Slindis raised a hand. "Do you hear that?" The lack of sound was intense. Even that explosion earlier had only interrupted it for a moment.

David | Elena | Kud | Riki |
Drop Group: #3
Time: Late Morning.
Weather: Black clouds and lightning.

Before/During the jump.

The couple were ready when everyone came into the hanger. Riki & Kud both shared a parachute, because Riki was the only brave one out of the two to actually control the fall. The worst part about it was that they haven't done it before, but luckily the two got a few pointers from someone before everyone started to jump from the airship. "You ready to go... Kud?" Riki asked almost shaking from the frightening event, "Umm oh... uh... wafuu~" She said without energy. Riki just chuckled and managed to leap off the end, but of course they screamed but managed to control the fall.

During the free-fall it seemed that the two were scared of it, but were also feeling the adrenaline pump into them as they fell and get closer and closer to the jungle. At the last minute, Riki pulled the parachute and descended into the jungle gently, luckily they also managed to spot and land near a couple (Elena and David.) they saw leave earlier.

"Ugh... well... that was a first." Riki said confident but lost all of it and saw a dazed Kud cuddled to him, "Wafuuu..." She huffed. It only took her a few seconds to get back into action and then the party began to walk into the jungle.

Now.

The dark and intimidating jungle environment was all too new for Riki & Kud as the trod through in front of the unknown couple from the airship. Luckily the two had the proper boots to stand in the muddy ground and they also had their weapons out. Riki had his .44 magnum that Rugal had gave him and Kud had her "Silver Thorn" out and ready to go, though the couple will never think that they will have to use it.

When Elena asked the couple that they were okay the two responded with an energetic response.
"Umm before we landed we managed to spot the temple over that way." Riki said to David and pointed west, which was the way they were walking. When Elena began to talk about Tomoya, Kud could only think about the time Shaun told him about Tomoya's story here in the Avatar Adventure universe. "Umm... if I remember correctly... Shaun told us that Tomoya came from the same world as us... and liking anime doesn't sound like him." Kud said nervously due to Elena's talking. "And he's married." Riki said with one eye open, but in an annoyed tone due to Elena partly scaring Kud.

Riki slowed down a bit until he was beside the unknown two. "Who are you two anyway?" Riki asked both David and Elena, Kud was also listening to the conversation.

Shaun.
Universe: Universe of Lightning. Coordinates: ?.
Time: N/A.

The cell which looked like an unfurnished clone of Shaun's room disappeared when Tomoya left the room. An hour or so when Tomoya had left, Shaun recovered and woke up. "Ow... oww..." He said in a displeased mood, he could only feel the pain which Tomoya left. "You know what..." He said to himself in an empty room expecting someone to reply. "I still do not regret picking up that phone." He sighed to himself. "Yo guard! I'm hungry, thirsty, I need to pee and these shackles are chafing!" He said to the door as he dangled in chains.

"... Damn." He said frowning.

Dark Tomoya.
Time: Early morning.
Weather: Snow.

Feeling the emotions of his author, Dark Tomoya smirked as he walked into the town farm. He could easily see it had no growing crops of any kind, but the scarecrow in the middle held a black scythe. Picking it up, the corrupt darkness of Tomoya quickly transformed it into something different which called for blood... not food.

"Nice... " Tomoya smiled as he began to whistle a tune and walk to the farmer's home which was near.

Rugal
"-Goddamn bunch of slackers the lot of them, why does the powers that be always give kids all the power? I earned my power, Never got any hand outs from anyone and then they wonder why half of them are mad in the head..." Rugal ranted to himself as he proceeded though the jungle.
Then something landed on his shoulder, causing him to to smash in the faces of both Ton Ton and Cadolbolg with the back of his hand.
Once they were dislodged, he spun round with his staff drawn and asked "Tell me, Friend or Foe?"
And that's why you never sneak up on blind people.

David West
"Goddamn it Elena, now I'll never be able to un-see that!" David remarked on her Naughty Tentacles comment.
"....Ah to hell with it, I'm going for Flame Rounds!" He said to himself before he switched his ammo type.
Then Riki asked who they were.
"David West and Elena Volkov, Think we met in New York, though to be honest, it was all kinda a blur after that thing that person did that hurt."

Noting the names of their new friends, Riki, Kud and the group moved on.
Surprisingly the black clouds and lightning did not make the environment more cooler, the group actually made a stop at a nice little opening of hard mud.
Sure the water wasn't drinkable due to corruption, but least the group could sit down for a while.

Everything was nice until something licked Elena on the face...

The tongue came from the hole like face of a corrupted dragonfly. It was bigger, faster and uglier then ever before. It also had strange armor on it's back and back towards it tail. If anyone had any Arnold schwarzenegger... now would be the time to say them.

"Oh my God..." Riki said as he saw the first monster he had ever saw. Kud was already hiding behind Riki's back, because it seems Riki has the only gun out of the two.

David West
"JESUS CHRIST, GET DOWN!" David shouted as the mutant fly...thing came into view.
Without a second's thought, he took aim and fired at the fleshy parts of the creature, grateful he switched to Flame rounds before now.
"Kill it! Kill it with fire!" He shouted, clearly taken by surprise by the mutant's arrival.

The flying bug easily dodged the bullets to the side, it even danced side to side to taunt the group, even mimicking a laughing noise to add insult to injury. Soon it began to use it's tongue as a whip which cut down a short tree which was near by the group. "We should all fire upon it at once... it possibly can't dodge all our bullets!" Riki yelled and summoned up his courage to defend Kud who hid behind him. Riki's .44 Auto magnum was already pointed at the creature, awaiting everyone else to fire upon it. Raining hell onto the creature from which it cannot escape. (Or... you could do something else if ya want)

For every other group/People I quoted/People that I didn't quote.

The first attack marked danger to all group. Soon, wild and human life all around the forest began to look for these heroes. Yet the other groups did not know this and were unprepared about what is to come.

(Note: "Basically someone in each of the groups make some kind of obstacle for you guys. I don't want to make this trip easy.")

Slindis and Saya

"Do you hear that?"

"Hmm? I don't hear anything at all Slin." At first Saya crossed her arms and listened, smirking softly since she felt Slindis was to 'spooked' for her own good. However, Saya's smile faded when she realized it was too quiet. No jungle or forest can ever be dead silent, where you hear your own breathing. The Siren slowly got out her assault rifle, eyes shifting without moving her head.

".. . Slindis." Saya stated. Slindis nodded and she started to slowly draw out her blades. They weren't alone, something was stalking them. Saya didn't like this, because in Pandora things just charged at you or made themselves fully present in the heat of battle. But this, something to be hiding and waiting to strike, made Saya very cautious.

"Tsh, we're probably just f***ing paranoid. There's nothing to-" Suddenly Slindis grabbed Saya and side jumped, for a gigantic horn pierced the earth from above. Once the two girls were able to look at it, the creature had already backed up on the edge of the trees and made a very disturbing clicking noise. It looked as if it was a centipede, but with a spider's lower body and mutated genetics. Also it was big as heck, Saya and Slindis were the size of it's eye.

"Mother f***er.." Saya cursed under her breath. As disgusted as she was with this hideous beast, she was more aware of the fact it could of ended her without the Siren realizing it was above her. Slindis basically saved her from a severe injury, or even her life. "I owe you Slindis, now let's waste this b*****!!"

Dimitri nodded at the suggestion, and paused for a moment. He then said, "A message has been sent. However, I do not expect upgrades to security to be made until this mission is done. I have seen firsthand that my user works very hard to make programs such as us work properly. Until that happens... Tea?"

Altea | Angelus | Caim | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri : Drop Group # 5

Teri silently thanked the staff for the comfort, pulled out a Bible from her satchel, and read a verse,
Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want;
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters;
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil;
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life;
and I shall dwell in the house of the
Lord forever.

Closing the book and putting it away, she bowed her head and continued, "Lord, I call upon thee, in this time of need. We are to descend into a corrupt hell of a landscape, and quite frankly... I'm scared. I'm really, really scared. I've never fought before, and even with these strong allies, this place installs fear in me. I ask of you, Lord, please lend me your strength to carry on; and to have a strong enough mind and body to survive the trials we are to come under. I pray you to be with me in these trials, and keep my mind from clouding or being overcome. Furthermore, I pray you extend your gentle grace upon those around us. Even if they do not call upon you, they are still Your children and they fight for your Earth. May our blows hit true in our defense, and our minds remain clear in all adversity.

Praise be unto you, Divine and Loving Father, for hearing me and listening. In your name I pray; Amen."

Lifting her eyes from her hands, the girl's eyes shown with new determination and will to go on. Which was well and good, as Angelus called out; "We shall land in a few moments. Prepare yourselves! I will remain in the sky until the trees prove too dense for my fire to aid. Stay on the ground and aid them, Caim. Your skills will be of far more use there."

The warrior nodded and readied Moonfire for the drop. The dull red glow of the blade was almost reminiscent of the dragon they rode upon; which Angelus no doubt noted as they landed. As the group clamored off, with Caim being the first, he wandered to the dragon's snout and patted it lightly; an affectionate gesture between the duo.

When the last of the group got off the dragon, Angelus shook her head lightly to dislodge Caim and spread her wings. With a few flaps, she was airborne again. After watching her ascend, Caim turned to the group and readied his blade, "Let's get going..."

As they began their walk, Teri could already see message alerts appearing on her tablet; and began to sort through them.

Cadolbolg | Ton Ton | Rugal: Drop Group # 6

Ton Ton shook in anger on Cadolbolg's back, and pointed his knife at Rugal, "Hey! We came to help you! Don't go hitting us! Cadolbolg even announced himself when he landed."

That was, of course, when the Tonberry realized that the man was blind, and silently shook his head, "Sorry. We heard you call out for help, and hurried here to get to you. The surprise was an accident. My name is Ton Ton. You may remember me from the bridge, when myself, Ms. Teri, Mr. Caim and Ms. Angelus showed up on board. I was the little green guy with the knife. My friend here is Cadolbolg; a mechanical dragon guy... Thingy. You know what, he's Cadolbolg. Aside from that; are you okay?"

Slindis and Saya

"I owe you Slindis, now let's waste this b*****!!"

Slindis looked the creature over, noting the front carapace that looked different than the rest of the body. It would be extremely difficult to pierce it with normal weaponry, not to mention the size. "Until that shell's gone, we're going to have a tough time of this. Use your weapon on the creature's tail, I'll keep it off of you!" The paladin chanted to Tira then stabbed at the creature's exposed flesh at the area between the shell and the leg, dealing a little bit of damage. More importantly was the fact that she drew the creature's attention, and Slindis did her best to parry and divert its attacks to give Saya an opening.

Rugal
Rugal's angered expression faded a little once Ton-Ton explained the both of them.
"....So....My team is a lizard and a metal turtle?...." He asked, unbelieving that THIS was his support.
But it seemed like the case, so he made the best out of it.
"....HA! Right, I guess I only need eyes, nothing else. You two, keep in front and make sure the way is clear. Anything gets in your way, merely direct me to it and I will gladly "Remove" Them." He ordered, he was stuck with the runts of the Crew, but he still treated them like everyone else: Like personal assistants.

Slindis and Saya

"Until that shell's gone, we're going to have a tough time of this. Use your weapon on the creature's tail, I'll keep it off of you!"[/quote]

Saya without hesitation, switched her assault rifle with the SMG she was carrying. It was a heat seeker, being able to fire up to three missiles ether one at a time, or switched to three at once. It weighed just about 120 pounds, along with the colors being black and red outlines to the design. Saya rose it upwards, slanting it so the rocket launcher can let off steam and covering half her face, she slid out the ammo cartage. She replaced the empty slot with a fresh new set of missiles, pounded it in, and aimed. She had to kneel though, to get a better shot at the beast.

"Choke on this-" With one eye closed, Saya shot a rocket at the Spidermite Centipede which impacted the leg, far enough to not affect Slindis but close enough to cripple it's leg. However, it didn't even bust through the armor as it only made a few oozes of blood gush out.

"Holy f***ing s*** ... my rockets didn't blow the leg off?!" The Spidermite Centipede hissed as it turned it's attention to Saya, and unexpectedly turned it's body and started charging. What's scary is that despite it's size, it was quite fast. To fast for Saya to react. The creature rose up a bit and grabbed Saya's body with it's long insect-like arms which locked her in place. It had a mouth full of inward razor sharp teeth, but what's worse is that two long spider fangs slipped out with poison dripping down from them.

"JESUS!!"

Slindis and Saya

"JESUS!!"[/quote]

Slindis rolled to the side to avoid being clipped by the charge and sprinted over to the Siren, thrusting her blade into the creature when she got there and withdrew it with a bit of frost forming around the wound. "Focus! It may be large, but that means that's more area for us to hit." The slightly acrid stench of venom raced across the drow's nose, and she was extremely grateful that she had prepared the spell for it during her meditation.

AIM Soldiers
Inuart smirked at the thought of the soldiers being afraid of Angels, and relayed this thought to his men, "They're really afraid of these 'Angel' characters. We need to play on that. Do any of you have appropriate technology to support this false notion? Also, we need to get Viscus one of those terminals! You, with the PDA, you're coming with me! Men, cover us while we get the arrogant program on!"

After grabbing the aforementioned tech-user, Inuart sent another Ice wave to cover the soldier as he ran towards one of the computers. Unfortunately, for the moment, Inuart knew instinctively that this would be the last till the sword tasted blood again. He'd have to be careful.

Rugal

Ton Ton made an irritated hiss in the back of his throat, but directed Cadolbolg ahead as they watched out for enemies. Little did they know, something silently stalked above them. As the little trio walked ahead, with the occasional note from Ton Ton or Cadolbolg about something that would make Rugal trip, the trip was eerily quiet. But all that changed when Cadolbolg's head perked up.

"Comrades, I heard something."

Ton Ton paused, and strained his ears, "I don't hear any-"

"Rugal, behind you!"

Rugal rolled to the left, nearly avoiding a swipe as a big hulking creature bounded past him. Cadolbolg had the relexs to force his wings down; lifting him up quickly before the creature could reach them. Letting out a sicking screech, the beast was seen in the full light.

The emaciated creature looked at the trio and let out another sickening scream as it advanced upon the blind man; clearly thinking him the easier meal.

"Oh no you don't! Cadolbolg, let's go!"

The turtle flew in towards the beast blowing fire at it's tentacles; which was followed up by Ton Ton leaping and bringing it's knife down. If Caim could have seen it, he would have been proud. When the sharp knife embedded itself into the beast's skin; it shrieked in pain and began to thrash around with the Tonberry hanging on for dear life.

Slindis and Saya

"Focus! It may be large, but that means that's more area for us to hit."

She was right, despite the thing was a monster, it was really no different then the beasts on Pandora. A heck of a lot scarier, yes .. but, it was still the same. Saya started to have her tattoo glow, and have the black orb in hand which did an instant phaselock on the creature. The rules of that is if the creature/object is to big, it'll just damage it instead. The Spidermite Centipede flinched and chirped, dropping Saya for her to make a dash backwards.

"Alright then~" Saya switched her rocket launcher to an assault rifle, and started shooting bullets across the creature's sides, running around the thing. It hissed, obviously feeling the pain and when it dashed, Saya would use phaselock to knock it back for a second only to reload, place the new clip in, and fire. However the body can bend, meaning the tail swooped in and hit Saya making her fall back a few feet. As for Slindis, the monster rose all the way up, planning on striking with it's weight falling down on her, and then to consume her.

AIM Soldiers
"Sir, yes, sir!"
"...Wow, real original..."
After the order was relayed, one of Inuarts men pulled out a small red Needle.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that..." He thought as the soldier jabbed himself in the neck, the veins on his neck around the injection glowing red and spreading around his body, coating him a blood-red glow.
Once the transformation was compete, the soldier stepped out of cover and advanced on the US troops.
Blood splattered all around as he was hit with a hail of bullets, but he remained standing, his wounds sealing on impact.
Soon the gunfire stopped as they stopped to reload and the Soldier was peppered in bullet holes.
".....My lord grants me DIVINE POWER! YAHHHHHH!" He shouted at the spooked soldiers, resulting in a hasty retreat and AIM's advance.

On the Computer front, it was merely a matter of plugging it in and:
"Upload compete : This location is now under AIM control : Terminate all remaining personal : The Angel wouldn't have left survivors : I will begin searching for the objective." Viscus said as his face appeared on screen.

Rugal
Rugal strided onwards by Ton Ton's directions, using his staff as a walking stick of sorts.
He instantly reacted to Cadolbolg's warning and rolled to the side as the beast stuck.
He heard sounds of a struggle and smelt smoke, giving him an idea of where his target was.
Gripping his staff, he charged forwards and leap up for a downward swing.

Slindis and Saya

The creature slammed down and nearly crushed her, but the Drow heard a sickening sound as the creature hissed in pain. For a moment, she didn't know what could cause that, but then she at her now-empty left hand and a small point in the creature's carapace that gleamed. It didn't help that she was nearly pinned, but her right arm was still open enough for her to stab at the creature when it tried capitalizing on the paladin's state. "Cover, now!"

AIM Soldiers
"No survivors? Will do. You heard that men? Shoot first, questions later. Let's move."
Readying the sword again, Inuart rejoined his soldiers for another push to the enemy forces. He removed his eye-wear; exposing the change the serum made to his eyes, he grit his teeth and charged in.

Rugal, Ton Ton and Cadolbolg

The beast shrieked again as the cane was brought down on it's snout; and reared up again, finally knocking the Tonberry off of the beast; but with the Knife in hand. Ton Ton silently thanked his lucky stars as he fell; that he still had his weapon; and tried to reach for a tentacle... And missed. The impact on the ground wasn't terribly painful, but the fact remained that his advantage of riding the beast was now lost.

However, Rugal seemed unaware that in the beast's rearing up; it looked like it was about to bear down on him, to which Ton Ton shrieked, "Out of the way! It'll crush you!"

bluerocker:
"Out of the way! It'll crush you!"

AIM Soldiers
"Sir! Y-"
"Don't you even!"
".....Sir!...."
"*sigh*"
Inuart's men began to sweep though, mowing down everything in sight, causally hip firing at computers and surrendering Enemies.
"Sir! The enemy has entrenched themselves in one of the testing labs. I think they might have some kind of weapon down there. Orders?"

Rugal
Gotcha.
As the beast pounced on the blind man, Rugal brought up his staff horizontally to block his claws before head-butting the beast.
As it was dazed, he shifted his weight and threw the beast to the ground behind him, mounting it.
Bringing up his Slashing Aura, He began to lay massive rights to the beasts face, almost stabbing it with his fist.
While this would do major damage, he didn't know about the tentacles.

Diablo1099:
"Sir! The enemy has entrenched themselves in one of the testing labs. I think they might have some kind of weapon down there. Orders?"

AIM Soldiers

Inuart nonchalantly shook the gore from his blade; his body humming with adrenaline after that last bout. No doubt, the serum had made him enjoy battle much more. After a quick scan of the area, he looked back to the questioning officer, eyes glowing faintly in the dark, "The orders were to kill all personnel, and destroy all weaponry in this facility. I think both fall under our objectives, now don't they?"

Rugal

As Rugal grappled with the Mutant Panther; he did not realize that the beast had several more appendages to deal with. The two tentacles came down on the warrior; it's barbed stings threatening to tear away flesh with a properly placed swipe.

But there was more to this party than a Tonberry and A blind man; there was a baby-dragon-thingy too! Cadolbolg swooped in and took a sharp bite on one of the tentacles. However, this did not stop the other. As the tentacle swooped in for an attack, the beast shook and shrieked, for something had stabbed one of it's paws. Instead, the beast decided to start flailing, trying to either stomp the attacker underfoot, or shake the ones from atop it.

AIM Soldiers
The soldier who asked felt like a right dunce, the others said that was what Inuart was going to say.
Several minutes and bodies passed until they reached the Test Chamber.
"Going for Breach!" One said as he set up some charges on entrance to the Chamber.
It was going rath-
*BOOM!*
A large explosion engulfed the Demoman before he could even plant his explosive.
The smoke cleared and Inuart seen what the US were falling back for:
With renewed vigour, the US charged Inuart's men, now backed up by a large prototype mech.

Rugal
While Cadolbolg was able to stop one tentacle from attacking, he was unable to stop the other one and as a result, Rugal took a barbed appendage to his left shoulder, the pain sapping the strength in his arm as a result.
He cried in pain as the beast freed itself from the hold Rugal had it in before leaping at the blind fighter, trying to get it's jaws around his neck.
Rugal used his right forearm to give it something to bite on that wasn't vital as he attempted to dislodge it by striking it the midsection with his free hand, though the barbs in his shoulder prevented from from dealing any heavy damage.
So he went with plan B: instead of the midsection, attack the face and he did by plunging his fingers into the beasts eye, trying to tear it out.

bluerocker:
snip

Kalastryn and Altea walked beside Teri, peering over her shoulder for a moment at the tablet, feigning a bit of being nosy to poke a little fun... actually, with the appearances of the two of them, and their position around Teri, It almost seemed like the angel on one shoulder, devil on the other Gag. Then, with the rest of the Rising dawn having been separated, Kalastryn occasionally sent up her scorching rays into the air as a sort of "flare" as to their location. And Altea drew her hammer and did a few practice swings before asking. "So... I take it your a bit of the silent type... but could I get your name?" the guardian asked Teri. The dead silence seemed to echo her words a bit uncomfortably. "Also, that was the first time I'd ever been in the air, when not in a plane... not that I haven't been in one rather often... My parents were kinda on the run for a while." she says with a frown. then the darkness of the scenery seems to finally get to her, and her spine starts to chill. "it's not often you see so much evil in one place... no offense" she says with a tilt of her head to Kala. "none taken, but know that even when this is all over, I'm not nor will I ever be some villain.' Kalastryn said with an almost uncertain tone... realizing her creator was originally from this dimension made her wonder when they would return, and if she'd be strong enough to not get a more than healthy amount of revenge. But now would not be the time for that... she figured it best not to think of such things. "By the way... which way is the temple from our location again?" she asked, throwing another "flare" skyward.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 . . . 809 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here