The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 . . . 874 NEXT

Rugal
For the first time in a really long time, Rugal admitted his logic was flawed.
But he didn't tell anyone that!
"Oh come on! How many other places where there to land?! It was simple, We jump out and land, Land near me as I find the idea of jumping out of a stationary airship yet landing several hundred meters away to be rather questionable." He explained to both Melethia and Ton Ton as Puce and Kurumu arrived.
He was now a dirty patch work of mud, blood and bandages.
"Right! Let us press on, we've wasted enough time.....
*Ahem* also.....Thank you..." He muttered to Melethia before taking up his staff and leading the way.
".....Well?....What are you waiting for!?"

David West
It was all happening too fast for David to process.
Ok, recap, Running, Massive Swarm of Killer mutants, Portal, giant enemy centipede, Electricity, Explosion.
Conclusion: Fuck it
He thought as he wiped blood off his face.
"...I've so got to get me one of those..." He panted as the constant electrical charge gave the group a moment to catch his breath before fleeing again.

Cadolbolg | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Ton Ton | Rugal: Drop Group #4

Ton Ton only gave a little nod when he was lifted to Kurumu's shoulder, looking very much deflated from a moment ago. Clearly, the realization of his progress (in this case, lack therof) had hit the little creature hard, and his silence was a painful reminder of that. Instead, he fell into his grief, and quietly watched (and waited) for something new to happen.

However, one little phrase slipped the Tonberry's thoughts after Rugal spoke, "Treat them like equals, and perhaps they'd listen a little more intently."

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri: Dmitri's Home

Dimitri, despite appearing uncaring; was vastly aware of what had happened in his midst. However, he knew that CERBERUS was more than a one trick pony. No, the beast was a hellhound, a child of Echidna and Typhus ! A being of hellfire and endurance! NIDHOGG need not be called yet. No... The beast growled and slammed a paw down, causing fire to spring from the shock around it. The snakes hissed with equal ferocity, and several of the heads banded together to get the spears out of the Guardian's skin.

The dog growled, and stared intently at the group of zombies before him. With widened eyes, fires burst

Rugal
"Start acting like equals and maybe I will!" Rugal retorted as he marched onwards, cutting though more trees and vines as he did, despite using his staff to keep himself upright.
"Tell me, How close were we to the Temple before the drop? I think whatever Tomoya did to this place is affecting our ability to travel though it."

Caramel Frappe:
Leroy... Jenkins?

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Time: Timeless

Devon | Fire Imps | Lucifer:

As the imps made sure to cover the man, he thought to himself. Okay, if I'm here to cool these guys down, I'm gonna have to find some way to calm them. Fighting won't really do it. But how? With the way that they're fighting, they probably wouldn't listen to words... Could that be it? He replaced his sword for the guitar and started playing a song, with his control over the wind serving to amplify the song.

Devon starts using Fascinate with a total roll of 18 after the roll is added to his perform check.

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Morning | January 1st

Kyre | Mark | Tajuh: Drop Group #2

Tajuh cursed under his breath as Mark Poofed off. "Why the fuck does that man keep charging off considering the people he's putting at risk just by being here? Does he want himself and them to die?" The man tries to track down Kyre in the dense forest, but the shift of uncorruption and recorruption made it difficult.

[u]Teri's group[/i]

As Teri walked on through the forest, Sadei mentally contacted her. How are you not losing your lunch? This area makes my very essence feel sick... The cleric could feel that the staff was wavering, even if it tried to keep strong.

Cadolbolg | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Ton Ton | Rugal: Drop Group #4

Melethia finished dabbing the wounds with the potion. They still didn't look good and Rugal was going to feel this when he was done, but the blood loss had been stopped. "There ya go, wheathair."

David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis: Drop Group #3

When the group gor to a safe location, Slindis sat down and patched up the last bits of the damage. "That was a close one." She wiped the rapiers clean before sheathing them again, and she looked like she had seen some better days.

Ton Ton's face darkened at Rugal's hubris, but spoke without malice, "I would imagine an hour or so walk from our landing. Furthermore, the trees density seems to wax and wane the further we go along. You are right, nothing is consistent in this place. The only thing I can look to reliably is the red dragon above us. Her position remains... mostly in time with the group we left behind. I can only imagine that the lack of fire means they're okay."

Altea | Angelus | Caim | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri : Drop Group # 5

Teri shrugged at the staff's observation, "God's grace, I guess. When I'm not having panic attacks about psycopathic Pokemon, I usually have a decent strength for gross stuff. Now, some parts of 4chan and reddit, that's where some of the really twisted stuff lie.... Wait, do you know about the Internet, Sadei? I don't know if Slindis has kept you up to date about modern stuff...

But, that's beside the point. I think what is keeping me going is... Well, I can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't feel alone, even when I am in my own head. Does that make sense? I feel like something's got my back now. That feeling alone can keep my going."

Rugal
It was then that Rugal remembered Angelus.
"Oh yes, I forgot about her. See if you can't relay our position to her. Even if the skies are to dangerous for flight, it'd be nice to know if we are heading in the right direction. or not." He ordered again as he hacked down a set of rather thick vines.
"I'll give him credit where due, He didn't make getting to the one thing that could stop him easy, but I must deduct points for allowing it to even exist. For all the years he fought Evil, he hasn't learned a thing...."
After a quick touch up from Melethia, He lead his group towards a small Clearing, using his staff to find a lack of vines.
"Melethia, You have a flare or something in those pouches of yours?

Melethia laughs as if that was a silly question. "Wheathair, I always have something like that. Can I get a spark?" She goes into the right hand pouch and pulls out an arrow wrapped in pitch.

Sadei cheerfully responds. Well, that's true. If you weren't here, I'd feel a lot less comfortable if I was alone. But this Slindis you're talking about, if that's the name of the Tarkanan that held me, she didn't mention anything of this internet you speak of.

Rugal's group

Ton Ton looked to Cadolbolg, "You're the only one who can reach her quickly enough. Ask her the positions and status' of the group with Ms. Teri, Jake, Caim and those other two in it, as well as where we all are in relation to the Temple, if you don't mind?"

Teri smiled and said, "Well, that's fine. The internet is something very wide and expansive. It is accessible from computers, you know, like the tablet I use. Anyway, the Internet is this thing that is accessed for just about any reason. It can be used to communicate with persons who are very far away, to buy and sell goods, or to share information. Literally, the possibilities are almost endless! If course, this sharing of information goes both ways. There are both good and bright things to share, and twisted, dark things to find. It all depends upon where you go and where you look.

But mentioning the Internet was only an example of where I've seen some twisted things... I suppose my experiences could say the same..."

"Ain't nothing going to stop me, remember that."

Her face was downcast for a moment, and then she shook the thought off, "But it doesn't bode well to dwell too much on the past. Sorry about that. I keep doing that to myself. What matters now is stopping Tomoya any way we can. But, I suppose the notion of that is scary too, right?"

Rugal
"Good, We have a back up in case our "Dragon" gets lost." Rugal said, clearly a jab at Cadolbolg's expense.
He kneeled down and felt the ground under him, getting an idea for what the surrounding area was like..
He frowned as his hand traced over a paw print
"....Tracks....Animal...Wonderful. Everyone keep alert and stick close. I can only kill so many of them if they attack in a pack." He warned before he proceeded onwards, leading to confused looks for the rest of the group.
How could he kill in the state he was in?

Rugal's group

Melethia followed closely, keeping an eye out for the beast that made the tracks. "Wheathair, try to be careful, okay? You're still hurt pretty bad..."

Sadei laughs. That sounds really neat, Teri. But what was that voice just now? I'll go and beat him up good if he tries anything!

Time: Midday

Kyre|Mark|Tajuh

Kyre leaped from root to root, casting a wayward glance back every now and again to see if those two men were still following her. And each time she cursed under her breath when she realized they were. The trees came closer and denser around her, branches swung low to let her swing over the longer jumps, and the placated animals made good emergency foot steps on her bounds.

The temple was becoming closer and closer, yet the darkness in the heart of the forest seemed to fad farther and farther into the reaches of her mind. Kyre stopped moving, standing atop a large branch on a high tree, and cast an overbearing look upon the length of the road toward the temple. She growled and waited for the two to catch up, before shouting back at them, "How come there isn't anything stopping us from waltzing into the temple. I thought this place was suppose to be dangerous."

BlackHarte

"The young master becomes cocky," he grumbled under his breath. BlackHarte was sitting in the Canteen, a large mug of heated coffee before him, fifty percent cream, and fully saturated with sugar. He had become strangely affectionate of the black bean brew after his first experiment with the materials in the Rising Dawn's kitchen. BlackHarte smiled as he took another sip.

Diablo1099:

Rugal
"Good, We have a back up in case our "Dragon" gets lost." Rugal said, clearly a jab at Cadolbolg's expense.
He kneeled down and felt the ground under him, getting an idea for what the surrounding area was like..
He frowned as his hand traced over a paw print
"....Tracks....Animal...Wonderful. Everyone keep alert and stick close. I can only kill so many of them if they attack in a pack." He warned before he proceeded onwards, leading to confused looks for the rest of the group.
How could he kill in the state he was in?

Rugal and Co

Were the Tonberry in a better mood, he would have corrected Rugal in saying that the collective as a whole could aid in battle, but decided that trying to tell the man otherwise would be like trying to convince a dog and a cat to create viable offspring. There was no fruit to it. Thus, he shifted a little on Kurumu's shoulder, and quietly whispered in her ear: "Is he always like this?"

Teri and Sadei

Teri's eyes widened at the notion that her new-found confidante had heard Bruiser's voice in her mind; but came to the conclusion that the staff would figure it out sooner or later. Now was time to come clean.

"You heard that, huh? Mhmn... I was hoping to not bring this up, but I suppose I can't really hide it from a person that lives in my head, now can I? Well... I... Um..."

The girl seemed to shake for a moment, and she took a deep breath to calm herself, and allowed the repressed thoughts, images and sounds to flow from her mind to Sadei. Wincing a little, she allowed the staff to see all that she had seen, heard and did regarding the brute; how she and Darren had conceived him as a one-shot Elite Mook, how he grew to be so much more, how he eventually moved on to attacking her, what came of it, and how she learned that he was alive again.

Her grip on the staff grew much more tense the more she allowed the staff to know what befell her at the hands of the monster. As she took another breath of fresh air, the flow slowly trickled away until it was gone. Her grip loosened when the last memory went back to where it belonged, and a single tear ran down her cheek.

"That is Bruiser, in all of his unholy glory. Now you know why I hate others touching me, and why I cannot speak properly. He is... He is a monster."

Teri and Sadei

Sadei shuddered at the memories then tried wrapping Teri figuratively with her presence to comfort her. Teri, you don't need to deal with those memories by yourself, k? Let me help bear the load with you. The memories were painful, but the staff wished to aid her in any she could. Besides, unless she was being held by someone else, she couldn't communicate with them.

Teri smiled silently, "Thank you. You've no idea how... Therapeutic that was. I... I didn't ever think that I could show another being my memories like that without any issues. I'm sure you understand when I say that 'showing' those memories made things much easier to tell than just talking about them."

She wiped her eyes, and when questioned by any, she blamed dirt in the way.

bluerocker:
snip

as Kalastryn, Teri, and Altea continued their walk towards the temple, Altea stopped for a moment, and slammed her hammer sideways into a tree, leaving a significant dent. When asked why she did so, she simply replied "... hopefully you WON'T see in a minute." she said seeming a bit cryptic, and as they continued to walk after a good 20 minutes or so, they were in a similar scene, with the dented tree ahead of them. "I figured as much. We've walked in a circle. Great... either that or the corruption in the area is trying to make us feel lost. After all I don't consider it coincidence that we all jumped at nearly the same time and there are only a few of us here." she sat down on a stump and asked Teri, "Soo... anyhow, I'm probably not thinking straight, since I'm probably getting a little paranoid at the moment. So I'm asking, do we keep going in the same direction, and see if this is an illusion, or can you think of something else?" she asked, honestly at a loss for a solution.

Devon was able to Fascinate 80% Fighters around him. They have stopped fighting

There seemed to be a lull in the fighting around Devon as he continued to play and the gold flake covered fighters, brawlers and scrappers stopped to listen to the Bard play. Though the air was still thick with the screaming and moaning of the fighting and the dying, there was one sound that seemed to rise above the rest however. The sound of two hands coming together in a slow clap... but it was definitely the kind of clap that appreciated Devon's meddling.

As he looked towards the source of the clapping, he saw... her. A woman walking down the stairs from an alter that oversaw that battle, the gold silk of her clothing trailing her like a waterfall down the steps. The cold glittering of her Diamond like eyes, framed by platinum locks, regarded him as a nuisance in her Kingdom. There was a jingling sound that accompanied the steps of her black suede boots, the sound of the coins that dangled off of the armor that she wore.

"What do we have here? A little minstrel that aims to tempt face?" Fortuna asked rhetorically as she passed a couple of men who were still in the midst of fighting, touching them as she passed. When they were revealed to Devon once again, they had some how impaled themselves on the tips of their own swords.

One of Devon's four remaining Fire Imps chittered and surged forward to stop the Greedy Goddess. A screeching fell upon Devon's ears as well as a spray of arterial blood on his clothing. Looking at his minion, Devon saw that it had been cut neatly in half.. Fortune's Wheel was indeed sharp, carrying a razor's edge.

"Seems that you can inspire loyalty in these lowly creatures... how amusing." She said.

Meanwhile... high above the Arena, a lone Succubus was perched upon a column observing the situation as her mistress had instructed her. She too noted the loyalty that the normally selfish imp displayed in sacrificing itself to save its... master (?).

Time: Midday | January 1st

"How come there isn't anything stopping us from waltzing into the temple. I thought this place was suppose to be dangerous."

Really? Did she really just ask that out loud?

"Are you crazy? Why the hell would you scream that out in the open?" Mark asked as he walked up to where Kyre stood and waited for Tajuh. Of course, the irony of his first question hit him a second later, too late to laugh and too stubborn to apologize.

"Look, Keeks. I dunno about you, but I'd rather have you eating my kidneys for breakfast while sipping on a nice glass of Chianti than call on ... Tajuh! Would you hurry up?!" Mark yelled at Tajuh who was closing in on them... with his weapon drawn?!

"Hey! Tajuh... I don't think we're in any danger... you should probably put your sword away." Of course... whoever it was that looked like Tajuh, sounded like Tajuh and moved like Tajuh, didn't put his sword away and oddly enough, he was charging towards Kyre and Mark as if he was going to attack them.

Meanwhile... the warping of the forest had temporarily caused Tajuh to lose sight of Mark and the Anti-Mage. Of course... it surprised him when he felt the weight of the Anti-Mage landing on his shoulders preparing to strike while naught but a couple of feet away, Mark was aiming at him with his dual custom flintlocks.

Strangely, they were much closer to him than they should have been...

Elena looked at her clothing, which was covered in bugs and blood taking the time to wipe some of it that had landed on her face.

"Nice moved there... who ever you are. But next time... could you just avoid electrocuting us rather than healing us while we're being electrocuted? It's still pretty painful you know." Elena said, obviously displeased at how the situation had turned out.

However... she did offer a handshake to Saya.

"I don't think we've met yet. I'm Elena Volkov and this is David West, Kud and Riki." She said as she holstered her .45 and unstrapped her Tavor and chambered a 7.62 round. Whatever else they were going to run into, she was going to make damn sure it wasn't going to lick her face again.

Cadolbolg | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Rugal | Ton Ton: Drop Group #4

Cadolbolg nodded at the group and took off into the sky to recon the area, leaving the group to traverse the woods blind... literally for one member.

"I think so. I'm not sure though since I haven't been around him much." Kurumu responded to Ton Ton's question after a moment.

"Yes... he's always like this and I have the bruises to prove it." Puce interjected, pointing to a bruise on his face.

"So Ton Ton. Have you been getting along with the rest of the crew? I hope this one bad apple doesn't turn you off towards the rest of us."

"One bad apple? He's like a barrel of bad apples!" The Ener-Mancer exclaimed with a chuckle. He was clearly in a good mood despite the beating he had received earlier... his personality seemed to perk up a bit after he and Kurumu had spent time with one another doing... stuff.

The attack ceased as A.I. Vermilion called the Morrigan off of Cerberus.

"Decent enough for most protocols. However your wall seems to be lacking defenses against Worms. I would suggest utilizing some sort of protection against it... though you will also want to ensure that you are not burning through too many CPU cycles or taking up too much memory while doing so." The Vermilion A.I. said as she prepared her next assault.

"Let us test how sophisticated your Gate program is."

Init Shakespeare

And there he was... a digital representation of Shakespeare... who was speaking non stop... nor was he speaking in complete sentences or even words at times.

"Shakespeare is a dictionary attack Daemon. He will recite millions of words per second until the correct passphrase is found."

Time: Morning | January 1st

"I don't think we've met yet. I'm Elena Volkov and this is David West, Kud and Riki."

As she squat down, Saya just gave Elena a look of 'you're kidding me right?' But anyhow, Saya spoke in a natural tone ensuring that she just wanted to state a fact, saying to her, "My grenades don't hurt people I consider allies. It's part of me being the Siren of Harmony. But f*** all to hell if you start messing with me. Ok?" ...

Saya put out her hand and shook Elena's regardless, and on top of that smiled.
"Heh, I am Saya. It's cool to meet you all, despite what just happened.. SO tell me- what are you guys exactly and why bother being here? You're better off scavenging for loot then playing hero. Seriously the heroes aren't the holy knights or the noble rebels- they're just pricks who feel they can judge others and display that justice however the f*** they want to. .. There goes me b****ing about life again. Sorry."

Kyre | Mark | Mimic

---

Mimic Kyre | Tajuh

The Anti-Mage leapt from Tajuh's shoulder and landed heavily on a tree branch, sticking well to the hard twisted bark.She launched herself at Tajuh, steel blades glinting in the sun as dark purple leaves filled the air around her. It was a whirlwind that never hit, because Fake!Kyre had landed over Tajuh's head and was coming down again, swords in an x-cut guillotine.

Devon stood by another of the imps as the woman came near. "This has been one heck of a day, en, little man? Now the heck are you trying to do here?" He continued to play the song, trying to comfort the fire imp as the two stood before the goddess of fate.

The doppelganger silently chanted and then proceeded to dart between the two, twisting the Author's arm into a painful lock before making a move to grab one of the pistols while keeping Mark between it and Kyre.

Tajuh cursed under his breath as he rolled underneath the attack, chanting for a moment to speed up time and allow a moment to collect his thoughts. Something's up, either an illusion or the forest working to pick us off. If that Mark's competent, it's the second. He them eyed up her stance, making sure to note any changes from the two.

Slindis nodded, glad that her armor was for the most part intact. "Slindis. We've all met before. Any injuries that you two have?" The paladin was looking the two over, making sure they didn't have any seroius injuries.

Melethia smiled. "Whatcha waiting for? Let's get movin'!" The young elf began moving through the forest.

Kyre | Mark

Kyre let her hands touch the hilt of her swords, and then smiled. The soft wind blowing through the trees had summoned a storm of emerald leaves, circling and drifting in the shimmering sunlight. And when they faded away, Kyre's right sheath was empty, and the short blade was sticking out of Mark's side, struck all the way through and into Fake!Tajuh.

By the next gust of wind, and the shower of green leaves, the Anti Mage was gone. And then Fake!tajuh felt a crushing blow around his neck, Kyre was laughing childishly, her legs around Tajuh's neck as she pulled backward with her back, she unsheathed Fang, the longsword, and got read to plunge it vertically into Fake!Tajuh.

---

Fake!Kyre

The fake Anti-Mage dropped low and ran forward, drawing up the leaves around her as she ran, her blades flashed open again in the sunlight, another predictable x-cut from below. The girl didn't seem to have any other tricks up in her sleeve. So once again, like a striking snake she jumped high into the air and spun her swords, regripped them, and brought them across her chest, ready to take Tajuh's head with another swoop.

TheMehKingdom:
[

Fake Tajuh

The man gripped the blade and twisted it, then leapt backwards into a tree with a good deal of force, leaning back so Kyre would suffer the brunt of the damage.

---

Fake!Kyre

That only works once.When the girl made for her predictable attack, Tajuh delivered a vicious blow to the woman's head while sidestepping the attack.

Kyre | Mark

The obsidian bark on the tree shattered into a thousands of cascading leaves that wafted softly by Kyre as she gripped Fake!Tajuh harder, trying to choke him out while retrieving Fang from his grip. The Orichalcum blade came loose and drew blood from his hand, flinging the crimson beads high into the air around them.

Then the Anti-Mage let go of her grip of Fake!Tajuh and dropped to the floor before launching hersel up at the mimic, her one longsword coming down not toward Tajuh, but toward Mark.

---

Fake!Kyre

Fake!Kyre fell to the ground and fell silent, unable to recover from the force of her own attack coupled with the upward strike from Tajuh.

Rugal
"Puce! I fucking heard that!" Rugal shouted behind him as he lead the way with Melethia acting as his unofficial eyes.
"Wheathair, Stop. There's a Chasm ahead." The elf warned, causing Rugal to slow down until he reached the edge.
He kneeled and attempted to use his staff to gauge the depth, despite it clearly going down MUCH farther.
"....Well....That's unfortunate....Everyone halt! Melethia, I don't suppose you have something to cross this with?" He asked as he picked up a rock and threw it against the cliff wall on the opposite side, attempting to get a idea of far it was.

David
David was retching slightly as Elena introduced him and the others, he WAS coated in the insides of a giant monster bug.
"Love?....You ok?".
"Oyyyyy....I never enjoyed being coating in human guts."
"...But that thing wasn't-"
"Believe me, I noticed. Still, Thanks for the assist, Sega."
"Saya"
"Whatever. I think I'm gonna hurl......"
He ran behind a tree and started to puke his guts out, much to the awkwardness of everyone in the group.
"....He really is sweet when you get to know him..."

Fortuna regarded the guitarist as he played for a moment, her hips swaying rhythmically with the song that he played before she gave him her one and only warning.

"Leave, Minstrel, leave before I cut the strings of your life short. These... thieves and degenerates would have killed themselves off already were it not for you. You are interfering with my business and when you interfere with my business you might as well consider it tempting fate." She said as she stepped on the skull of the lifeless Fire Imp and crushed it with a sickening...

CRRRRAAACK!

Looking back at Lucifer, he heard the Daemon's voice in his head.

"[i]Hidden among the hundred damned are two souls who have been wrongly sent here. Find them... destroy Fortuna if you must." Lucifer's voice said in a tone that betrayed nothing of the path that Devon should take.

Devon had some choices to consider, he could perhaps force Fortuna to reveal the information, force the prisoners to reveal the identities... or was there something else he could do.

Another of the imps... desperate to save its master raised its rifle and fired a couple of shots at the Golden Goddess.

CLANG CLANG!

Another squeal of pain erupted as the bullets were returned to the sender.

Meanwhile Alashi, interested in the events developing below jumped off her column and glided down silently to a lower column... something about the mortal's music was causing this perhaps? It was like he was part incubus but she smelled nothing but the sweet scent of human flesh upon him when he was in Agehea's castle.

Ever notice how you don't feel pain until you see a wound sometimes? Well... Mark looked down at his side and saw the blade that had passed through it and into Tajuh.

"Ow. Seriously? AUUUUUUUUGGGHH!" Mark screamed as the pain of what Kyre had just done registered in his brain but despite how much he squirmed, he couldn't get free of the impaling blade. It took a moment but he managed to calm his mind for a moment to send out a command.

>> remperm avatar.Kyre tan

And there it was... The Dramatist found himself free of Kyre's blade as he fell to the ground, Fake!Tajuh's grip on the Writer's arm releasing as it moved to throw Kyre off of its shoulders.

Drawing a bead on the man, Mark squeezed the trigger to the flintlock in his right hand while reversing his hold on the left one, using the barrel as a grip for an ax.

The pain of Kyre's cut was painful though as it threw off his shot, it would take a miracle to hit False!Tajuh... and the forest was a bit short on miracles as the projectile whizzed past its target and obliterated a tree. However the Dramatist's followed up with the ax in his left hand.

Ranged Attack 11, Melee 13

Fake!Mark on the other hand was not wounded and had no issue with the possibility of accidentally hitting Fake!Kyre. Bringing both flintlocks to bear, it squeezed the triggers, sending two supersonic shards of metal towards its target.

Though both of them missed due to the haste at which the Fake!Dramatist fired, it took time to aim another shot directly at Tajuh's center of mass.

Fake!Mark rolled an 8

Elena had indeed met Slindis before. She shook her head indicating that neither was injured.

"Thank you for the assistance Slindis and Saya. It looked pretty bleak for us when we saw the swarm." Elena said, breathing a sigh of relief as she went to check on David.

"Breathe deep. Breeeathe." The Russian woman said as she summoned a small portal for David to puke into... something that might have been interesting to Saya.

Taking note of Melethia, Puce and Kurumu nodded, prodding the group to move forward towards their goal, with the hope of meeting someone on the way.

"I didn't know you were a healer Melethia. It must run in the family." Kuru said with a smile, ignoring the forest around her.

After frowning at Rugal's TheatricsTM again, he said, "For the most part, I like the Rising Dawn crew; but I haven't really made any significant attachments with anyone. What really bugs me is that I forgot my mission, is all. I just... I thought I had a better mind than that. Aside from that, I've been fine. How have you two been holding up?"

Teri nodded and said, "Caim can talk with the dragon above to see where we are. I'm sure we can work our way out from there. As for now, a rest might do us good."

Thus, the little group waited while Caim got in contact with the dragon...

Dimitri frowned as the program began to rattle off words, he finally hit one buzzword, ORPHEUS_AND_EURYDICE and CERBERUS relaxed into a calmed position. However, what Shakespeare did not realize was that upon de-activating CERBERUS, he began the protocols for the NIDHOGG. The fail-safe began to crawl down from his perch on the bookshelves, the roots that provided his cage finally gone. As the creature lurked down, it's jaws opened hungrily for the data of the program. Finally, sneaking up behind Shakespeare, it moved to take a giant chomp out of the famed poet.

It would seem Saya had nothing more to ask .. seeing how it was pretty awkward with them. Not that she was creeped out, she was actually amused and comfortable with them. Just she felt it was all rather silly, then again the Russian woman did in fact interest her indeed.

"Well, anyhow- that was one fight I won't soon forget. You did good out there Slindis, being a bad@$$ and all. But, do not go dying on me like that with being poisoned. You scared me s***less you know."

She turned to talk to Elena. "Not to be nosy or look like I have funny business with any of you- but .. where did you obtain your skills? Powers, like liquify someone by just touching them or burning a corpse only to rise it from it's grave, supernatural s***. To start of .. I am a Siren. On Pandora, we are very, very, very .. um, oh yeah- VERY rare. Only six can exist in a universe, and we're connected to everything, d*** be nice to know how that works."

Rugal
As the group talked, Rugal began to think of other ways to cross this gap.
Right, I can:
See what Melthia has
Have Puce build a bridge
Get Kurumu to fly us over
Or throw everyone across before jumping over....
He thought as his blind eyes gazed into the chasm in deep thought of which would be the best option.

David
Once he got the taste of bug intestines out of his system, David soon wearily returned to the group.
"Right...Just now we have a bit of a problem. Which direction are we supposed to be heading in now? My sense of direction is really messed up now." He said, unable to get his bearings again after that mad sprint and being teleported here by Elena.
It was then that Saya saw his modified M500 revolver, From Dahl to Hyperion, she didn't see a gun like that before and it certainly looked like it packed a punch.

The man took a moment to switch the song up a bit as he talked to the woman. "I mean not to intrude on your realm any further, so I will leave when I can find the two unjustly sent here. We both know what my fate is, and it is not to die here. So would you agree to help the both of us go on with what we both aim to do?"

Devon uses Diplomacy, rolling a 10.

It seemed luck was on Mark's side today as he connected with both attacks, damaging the man. However, there was still a good deal of fight in him, and he was going to go down swinging. The Fake sneered as it delivered a harsh kick at the author's knees.

Fake Tajus rolls a 5 for the attack at Mark.

The two errant shots had missed completely, but the true shot connected, barelt missing vital organs as it punched through. "We're done, Mark." The man drew two blades from his wallet and closed the distance, slashing at the Fake Author's wrists.

Tajuh rolls a 17 for one hand and 10 for the other

Slindis looks the portal over. "First time I've seen one like that. The ones I've seen are more od a deep midnight blue color." After looking at it, she turned to Saya. "Just be glad you weren't the one attacked. That poison had to be potent to do what it did, Saya."

Melethia gives a small smile. "I'm not, it's just stuff I picked up at the Cove. Nothing too special, really." She looked across the chasm. "Hmm, maybe Miss Skyhair could fly us across?"

Fortuna smiled upon Devon as she seemed to be woo'd by his words and mannerisms. The mortal was showing her just the right amount of initiative, logic as well as knowing how to be respectful in the face of a Goddess.

"Very well. I will show you one of your mortals, however you must find the next one and I guarantee that it shall not be an easy one." Fortune said as she pointed at a man who was still fighting. While those who faced him were gathering as much gold as they could, he only chose to fight them out, whether out of desperation or out of blood lust was unclear, he simply fought.

"There is one of your mortals. Now... I have on me a coin. I will flip it 10 times. For every flip that you call correctly, you will be given a hint." With that, she began flipping.

Alashi's eyes opened wide as she witnessed something no one had ever done, bargained with Fate and done so successfully. Those who deal with fate are usually lead down a disappointing path later.

Still... she watched... paying no heed to the gold flakes that rained upon her.

The impact of the kick was bone jarring and sent the Dramatist flying to the ground, one of the weapons that he carried was sent clattering to the side. However, he still had the one in his right hand but just barely. The wounds caused by the double stabbings and the kick had certainly had their impact upon the Author's body.

"OOOOMPH!" Mark oomphed as he attempted to stand but found one of his legs useless. Desperately, he tried to squeeze off another shot, the adrenaline in his body making things seem to slow down... but the pain from his wounds distracting him.

Waiting for the right moment, he pointed the Flintlock at Tajuh's head... and squeezed the trigger.

Mark rolls 4. Penalty of 5. Result -1

*SHINK!* (Yes... I think a SHINK sound works!)

That was the sound of one of Fake!Mark's hands flying across the area as Tajuh sheered it off with his blade.

"Aaaauuuugh" He screamed shrilly as he looked at the stump that used to be his hand as he retreated a couple steps back and seemed to be attempting to do something... Tajuh had seen it before when Mark was customizing the flintlock pistols that he was using.

And then the tingling sensation in the back if his head came...

>>init hack -t avatar.tajuh -vision

Fake!Mark rolls 19 for Blindness Hack

If one could spin a merry-go-round using nothing but words, then Saya would have sent Elena flying at 1000 RPM with the way she spoke. It almost seemed as if the woman were speaking on run-on word if it wasn't for the fact that she needed to breath. However, Elena listened patiently as David wretched behind a tree and into the portal.

"I'm not really sure what you're talking about but my family's always had the talent to open things. Doors, Gates, chests and such with nothing really more than a touch. It's been a talent that helped me get by when I was growing up. But it wasn't until later that I learned that there are doors all over the place, portals really that act like short cuts between locations, times and dimensions, that I started developing my talent into a skill." Elena said as she touched a tree "trunk" and watched as all the bark was shed off the tree, opening the pulp inside to the outside world.

Saya could almost imagine what opening someone's chest might look like...

"Right...Just now we have a bit of a problem. Which direction are we supposed to be heading in now? My sense of direction is really messed up now." David muttered as he wiped his mouth clean.

"Towards that temple over there I suppose, David." Elena said as she looked for a portal that would act as a short cut to it... and found none. That was strange. Of all the infinite mini-wormholes that existed within a single cubic millimeter of space, there was none around her that lead directly towards the temple?

Kurunmu smiled a bit and nodded. She could certainly carry one person across at a time.

"Of course I could. But I don't think that your friend, Wheatbrain would allow that." She said before Puce added.

"Also I don't think it's the smartest thing to bring a person over one at a time. It leaves the first and last person exposed to attack." Which was correct. Any attacking force would chose the transport of the last person to attack."[/color] The Energy Conduit said as he looked around him.

There were plenty of trees that would allow them to build a bridge but that would be fool hardy in this situation, unless Kurumu provided airsupport.

"I could build a bridge while Kuru runs security while we cross. The last thing I would want is for us to be trapped in an ambush half way across an exposed bridge."

"That's funny... I didn't think that you'd suggest that I'd do that Melethia. I thought that you'd assume that I was too top heavy to carry anything else."

*Cah-runcccchhhh!*

Well Bill, if you weren't so busy spinning words, you would have noticed NIDHOGG bearing down on you to take a bite outta you. I suppose it's all for the best... you did manage to get to Z when you were derez'd.

"Zoiks!" The Shakespeare program said before it was munched in half.

A.I. Vermilion watched the dispatching of the Dictionary Attack Daemon through uncaring eyes. The life of a program was a study in evolution as new code quickly became outdated as soon as it was compiled.

"Alas poor SHAKESPEARE, I cared for him not." She muttered as she quickly as she looked forward to crafting a new daemon to replace Shakespeare.

Turning towards Dmitri, she sat down across from him as she rez'd in yet another attack protocol.

>>DRYAD

At first nothing... nothing but the sudden gathering of clouds above where NIDHOGG stood. clouds that were black and full of thunder and lightning... but rather than unleash a torrent of water upon the Guardian, it unleashed a drop of rain onto the floor. A drop that quickly started sprouting a dryad.

Slindis basically scolded her, though it was Saya's fault for bringing it back up. Her pride was honestly a bit hurt, due to not having the medical skills to take care of victims who were poisoned. Still, it was remarkable that Slindis was able to heal herself and remove the poison. Also they managed to kill the beast, which is what they aimed to do.

"Alright, alright.. though it doesn't excuse you from being the monster's b**** now does it?"
She laughed to herself, arms crossed and smirking just to enlighten herself.

She turned to Elena, who told her of the powers to open doors along with portals. To craft such skills in a difficult manner, is also something to impress Saya by. It's not easy doing the phaselock or learning it, but for Elena to have such control as to where these openings lie? Skill my friend. That's skill.

"Y'ha know .. I could look into that. My powers sound similar to yours, but they're complete opposites or. . . they're just different. If I feel like learning how to make a man turn inside out, i'll remember to ask you about it."

That's when David announced to the group on where to go, for nobody was sure. Of course, when Saya's eyes caught sight of the M500 revolver .. it showed signs, no- reeked of being related to Hyperion tech. Saya's gaze grew cold as her tone of voice sounded quite angry.
".. . David, was it . ..? .. Where, the ... f***, did you get that M500? ................"

Devon played a song that seemed to urge the one man over to his position as he looked at the goddess. "I think I'll choose Heads, Tails, Heads, Heads, Tails, Heads, Tails, Tails, Heads, Tails."

Devon casts Charm Person with a DC of 13, and the Heads result is 1 on a d2

That shot failed so badly it won the fight.

Mark's shot was off by about a foot south and 6 inches to the left, piercing the fake's heart. As it died, it flipped the man off with a look of pure venom in its eyes, knowing there wasn't much more it could do.

Tajuh rolls a 13 to save against it, and a 7 out of 10 for how effectively he can still fight under the artificial conditions

Idiot, did it think I was dependent on my vision? The man rushed forward to about how far he thought the fake was and thrust both blades at what should be center mass, half focusing on blocking out the pain.

Devon's blades attack with individual modifiers of 15 and 16, or 9 and 10 after the -6 penalty

Slindis cleared her throat. "If we make a south southeast bearing, we should make it there. The terrain shows it as much, and it'll build into a rapid ascent. It's just difficult to see from the tree cover."

Melethia nodded fervently upon hearing the other option. "That sounds even better. We'll hafta be careful, but it means Skyhair can save her punch for later on. And Skyhair, I saw you flying with Mister Puce there. Those little wings aren't for show." Apparently seeing Kurumu's talents had earned some respect in the girl's eyes.

Rugal
"Sounds like a plan then. With any luck we'll regroup with the others before long.....Well?....What are you waiting for?" Rugal commanded after Puce explained his plan.
He then sat at the base of a tree and awaited for his servants to make the bridge.
"...heh, Here's hoping Kurumu can fight. Succubuses are usually known for...other talents." He said in a hushed tone to Melethia as the pair got to work.

David
David nodded in agreement with the Drow's directions
"Good call, Slindis. It was better then my idea."
"Which was?"
"Wander around until we find it, basically. Right, best get going then." He admitted before he set off in that direc-
"".. . David, was it . ..? .. Where, the ... f***, did you get that M500? ................" Saya asked, stopping David dead in his tracks.
"...What? This one?" He said as he pulled it out.
"Personal Project of mine. See, I like Revolvers, but in a age where you can fire 1000 rounds a second, I had to step it up a notch. Not a bad piece of work if I do say so myself. And I do." He said as he spun it around on his finger.
"Added a crap ton of extra power onto this. Chopped and changed the materials, Can add a detachable scope, Almost as keen an shot as me and I have several different Ammo Types, Blast, Flame, Acid, Shock, Ice.
So yeah...It's a nice gun." He bragged as he holstered it.
"Why you ask?"

Fortuna nodded and flipped the gold coin in the air, the glint of the metal catching the eye of every man and woman in the arena where Devon, the Fire Imps, the Goddess and the innocent man stood.

"Heads!
*SNAP!*
"Heads... Very good. It's a she." Fortuna said, eliminating about 50% of the contestants on the field.

*FLIP!*
"Tails"
*SNAP*
"Heads... So sorry dear."

*FLIP!*
"Heads"
*SNAP*
"Heads... Well... congratulations... She has never been a mother." The Goddess said as she eliminated another unspecified number of women on the battlefield. At this point, the men were starting to grumble as they started viewing this little exercise in fate as being torturous to them. A few of them looked at the weapons in their hands and looked to each other.

*FLIP!*
"Heads"
*SNAP*
"Tails... Better me next time."

*FLIP!*
"Tails"
*SNAP*
"Tails... She has a tail... That's sort of a tricky one because all humans have tails don't they? All you 'evolved' primates."

*FLIP!*
"Heads"
*SNAP*
"Heads... Well aren't we on a roll here? I should really start looking at this coin. Maybe I grabbed the wrong one? She likes ice cream and long walks on the beach."

*FLIP!*
"Tails"
*SNAP*
"Tails... Three in a row? Statistically speaking we're at one in sixteen that you got three in a row correctly. So... I'll give you a good clue. She's a virgin despite her calling and her name starts with the same letter as the Scarlet Letter."

*FLIP!*
"Tails"
*SNAP*
"Heads... Glad I didn't bet that you'd get that one right. I know better than betting on a 1 in 64 chance of getting four in a row correctly."

*FLIP!*
"Heads"
*SNAP*
"Heads... Oh me oh my... How she loves to fly."

*FLIP!*
"Tails"
*SNAP*
"Heads... I hope you've not grown too attached to your imps. Because I really despise them." Fortuna finally said as she prepared to start the fights back up again... perhaps this time with a platinum swords. These bunch of freaks would enjoy that.

"And out of courtesy... I'll give you 10 seconds to find your innocent lass before I start the show back up."

There was a sigh of relief and possibly surprise as the shot pierced the Fake!Tajuh's heart and killed him. Of course it didn't matter very much since he was effectively dead if he couldn't get a hand here. It also didn't help that he was laying on the ground, disabled and near a girl that was looking to feast on his entrails not an hour ago.

"Keeks... umm... could you maybe go find me some help please? This hurts pretty fucking bad. Especially where you stabbed me... twice." The Dramatist said as he laid back against the ground hoping that he didn't passout and die... or passout, die, get eaten and get converted into Prybat Princess fecal material.

Fake!Mark... for all he was really worth as a fighter... was able to dodge the first attack and deflect the second, though the impact of the block caused his arm to go numb as it rang out against the ax blades attached to the grip of the pistols.

Continuing his retreat for a moment, the Fake!Writer paused before lunging forward, lashing out with a round house kick that would be followed by a chop with the ax.

Elena could only roll her eyes as David talked about his gun. She swore... sometimes she felt like he cared more about his M500 than he did about her. Of course that was all crazy talk...

"David. Don't bore her with your stories of how you could take down a T-Rex from a mile away with that thing."

Kurumu and Puce both sighed as they got to work... building the bridge and starting patrol. If it wasn't against his nature... Puce would have thrown Rugal over the edge.

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle: Drop Group #1
Akane followed Gabrielle's lead but only with foxfire, blue balls of flame seeking the vulnerable flesh of the attacking things. Several fireballs in, Akane notice the distinct lack of the sound of Aftan's Shrieker pistols, or even her bladed tonfa's plasma emitters. Glancing around, she saw no trace of the Knight, nor the lizard Gabs had found.

"GIVE HER BACK YOU BASTARDS!!" the kitsune shrieked, her attacks intensifying and obliterating the remaining 4 mimics. Their shrieks of pain alerted all the other groups to their location, they were that loud as they burnt alive.

Akane looked around desperately to find her lover. "Gabs! That lizard! It must have been corrupted as well, and now it's got Aftan! We've got to find her! I'LL BURN THIS WHOLE FOREST TO THE GROUND TO FIND HER! AFTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

Jake walked around the group, energy still in his system from the flight. He had silently taken up the rearguard position during their march, and he was sure they had nearly forgotten he was there, or he had simply ceased to exist for a bit. He wasn't sure himself, the forest felt so off. His M4 had never left his shoulder and even now he was constantly scanning the trees for any signs of anything.
"Whilst we're all stopped, take a drink and a bite to eat if ya brought it. If not, I've got a fair bit of water on me, 3 canteens 2 litres each, and some wrapped sammiches and snack bars from the canteen. Shout out and I'll throw ya something."

He perked up at the should of fighting and then a series of shrieks, followed by a scream that chilled him to the core.

"Akane.... Oh no. CAIM! Ask Angelus how far it is to the Knights and if I can get there! Something very bad just happened to them! I can feel it!"

As he thought up the pieces, he unconsciously began forming the image at a decent height in the air of a winged and tailed female holding up a large sign that said in very visible and neat writing, Hi, I'm A----- and I'm still a virgin. Suck on it or take it up with that prick Devon~ Since he had been around Agehea Kurono, he thought more along the linesof a succubus for the image's tail and wings. Said image was large enough for every woman in the area to see, and it rotated around slowly so everyone could see the sign.

Devon raised his voice to be heard over the clamoring as he made his way to the man that wasn't supposed to be here. "You all know who I'm looking for. Now, she can either come forward now or stay here in this pointless fight. So come on down!" After grabbing the man, he moved to the edge of the fight.

Devon casted Silent Image! At 14 feet tall and ten feet up in the air, the illusion is highly visible.

The man heard the whistling of the kick, dropped one of the blades, and grabbed the leg, throwing him at one of the trees while he listened for an impact or any sudden movements while he retrieved the blade. C'mon, you greenhorn, learn when you've lost.

Slindis started making her way in the direction she called out, sticking tight with the group to prevent anyone getting lost. "Let's keep a strong pace, okay?"

Melethia did her part by keeping an eye on anything coming out to ambush them while the bridge was being built. "Don't worry, Wheathair, she can fight."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 . . . 874 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here