The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 . . . 874 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Time: Timeless

Alashi | Devon | Fire Imps:

"1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10."

There was a brief moment of silence as everyone in the arena took a look at the 14 foot tall image that seemed to have sprouted in the middle of them all before a whole mess of people, men included, started clamoring towards Devon. As the crowd that numbered in the now few hundreds surged forward, the Fire Imps took positions around their captain and started desperately fighting them off or at least attempting to buy the Writer more time.

The chittering of Imps continued as they encouraged each other to hold the line so that Devon could complete his mission... but when it came down to it... what's a handful of hims against a sea of humanity desperate to get the hell out of Hell.

One of the remaining three was picked by several hands and carried off into the storm of gaunt faces where it was finished off with a large rock to its head. Another was skewers on a spear while reloading its rifle. The finally one... was at Devon's feet, looking up at its Master whilst holding a trail of intestines... a sword having done the deed. It chittered pitifully before its eyes remained opened and unfocused.

The man... the innocent man... was given no quarter either. The greedy were also covetous of one who was to leave their midst. He too was carried off by the masses until Devon stood alone in the middle of it all.

And Lucifer? He was gone, leaving his protege to fend for himself, his training completed.

Above it all, Fortuna laughed at Devon's turn of luck... friendless and alone, the Writer was about to become one of the damned... or so one would have thought.

A pair of soft hands gripped Devon by the shoulders and seemed to lift him out of the horde, as if The Boss herself had intervened and scooped him out of danger.

"Hey... what kind of crazy stunt was that?" A melodious voice asked, barely audible above the roar of the mass below.

Devon remained silent, however. The training having taken its toll on his body and mind, he was relieved to fall into the dark depths of unconsciousness.

"Some kind of man you are... fainting like this... Damnation... you're heavy too."

Light... at least it would have been light had there not been a blanket of clouds covering the sky from horizon to horizon. Devon found himself... somewhere... somewhere corrupted by darkness. Looking around he saw a figure looking through the rotten brush at an unfolding scene.

Before Devon could say anything the figure spoke.

"Shhhh... I'm watching these bugs about to turn this brown haired lady into a meal." Devon's apparently female savior said.

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Midday | January 1st

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle: Drop Group #1

Gabrielle looked around the surrounding forest for any signs of where Aftan had been taken but Akane's frantic movements and the fire blasts had all but scattered any sign of Aftan to the wind.

"Akane... calm down. We can find her! I know we can... just... we need to calm down. Please" Gabrielle begged with tears forming in her eyes. Once again it was her fault that something happened to Aftan. Had she not been so unprofessional, perhaps Aftan would be there.

"AFFFTAAAAAN!!!" Akane continued to yell, looking around frantically and wide eyed.

Additional russling in the bushes brought the Black Knight to high alert as she pulled out Aftan's old bladed Tonfas, waiting to see what was about to emerge... and as the figure started to appear, she pounced like a cat on a mouse, pausing in mid air as she realized that it was Aftan that was coming through the bushes.

At least ... she thought that until Aftan punched her in the chest, robbing her of air, before the White Knight turned to Akane, blades drawn...

Kyre | Mark | Tajuh: Drop Group #2

*THUD... CRACK*

The sound that Tajuh had been waiting for... the sound of ribs cracking on a tree trunk and also... he heard a hissing noise as one of the fractured ribs jabbed itself right into Fake!Mark's lungs. Causing it to deflate.

Tajuh heard the gasping for air as Fake!Mark struggled to get back up but could only manage to get back on all fours...

Following the sound of the wheezing, Tajuh's boot hit the Faux-Dramatist in the side and with a swift motion.

*CRACK*

Tajuh reached down and snapped the fake's neck... restoring his vision while killing his enemy.

David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis: Drop Group #3

Elena and David kept up with Slindis' pace, having spent a majority of their lives as professional soldiers. However, Elena was concerned about Kud and Riki, the two teens that seemed to be having trouble keeping the pace.

"Slindis. I think we need to slow down for them. If we keep this up... the forest won't need to kill them... you will." The Former Russian Soldier said as she looked around the terrain for a safe spot to rest.

Cadolbolg | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Rugal | Ton Ton: Drop Group #4

Kurumu smirked as she glided overhead and overheard Melethia's compliment before yelling down.

"She's just being modest. She could easily kill an abyssal dragon with her bare hands!" Kurumu said as she resumed her patrol.

Meanwhile, Puce began the process of building the bridge out of stone... pulling the dark energies out of the very air and environment and channeling it into the earth. It was strange but the corruption seemed to stain the earth and crystallize itself, turning the bridge into an onyx looking stone as it was being built.

Time: Timeless

Alashi | Devon | Fire Imps:

The Author slowly got up, not liking the feel of the area at all. "Oh man... what happened?" The messenger bag that had been his only company was nearby, and he saw his laptop, a chain shirt that glistened like a sapphire, and a small notes. He unfolded the letter to see that it contained his current spell layout and that the chain shirt was a gift from Agehea. He put the Chain Shirt on underneath his button-up shirt and looked at the person that had helped him out of Hell, noticing that she looked like a Succubus. "Excuse me, but are you one of Agehea's people?"

It was clear that the man was still a bit groggy, but he was starting to wake up very quickly.

After he finished the man, Tajuh drank the second Guard potion, quickly and painfully closing the hole left in him by the round and made his way over to Mark. "You'd better be the actual one." He approached the battered man with caution.

She sighed. After all, she was going at half-time, and the two kids couldn't keep up then. "Come on, my daughter could do better than that! If they're so tired, I'll carry one of them." The Drow turned around, looking at which one of the two was more tired.

The watch for attacking enemies was aggravating, but Melethia used the time to mentally prepare herself for another combat, including planning out attack strategies.

GM Update:

Hello everyone! I'm going to add another element here so you guys can hold on for a little longer until we get to the temple. Why you ask? Well recently I haven't been posting as much due to packing, so that all my stuff is ready to move to a rental property (for most of this year until the new house is built, so I'll be moving twice. :/). So I may not be able to post much...

Actually , I have my laptop so I can post a few and keep updated. I know this sucks but I hope you guys can hold on for a little while. I'll probably post the entrance to the temple late this week (Friday maybe).
So I hope you guys can understand, thanks.

EDIT: Crap I forgot that I might not have internet in the new house for a couple of days or whatever. D:

- S.Shaun

Story progression/Detour.

Kud | Riki | & The rest.
Drop Group: #3
Time: Evening.
Weather: Black clouds and lightning.

The third drop group managed to reach a nice hill with an open space at the very top. They could clearly see most of the jungle and forest, in all of it's darkness and corruption. Though the most interesting landmark was the large temple several miles ahead of them, it was right by a cliff face and had multiple rivers surrounding it. The group could also see several other strange landmarks, such as smoke, fires, strange sounds and cut trees.

Riki & Kud were the last ones to arrive at the top. Everyone knew it was now a time to rest and set up camp because the sun was setting fast and who knew what horrors there would be at night. The good thing about the hill is that it was mostly free of the corruption which made the open space the ideal camp ground. There was even a nearby waterfall for showering, river for drink and trees surrounding them for firewood. By the time the young couple were done taking in the surrounding they had put down their packs. "There, there. You can stay here Kud and have a drink. I need to talk to everyone." Riki said as he patted her through her hat, shortly after he had his drink he walked to where everyone was. "Everyone I think we should make camp here. Who knows what there is in that forest at night." Riki suggested towards the group with a worried face.

Meanwhile.

The strange smoke, fires, noises and cut trees could only lead to one thing, there are people in the forest. Not any kind of people but tribes from around the area. They have gathered to the dark and corrupt forest to live in it and worship the temple and it's master. The tribes danced around the fire in a weird way, offering the dead which includes animals, insects and even each other most of the time. The forest and temple had already corrupted all of them.

Dark Tomoya.
Time: Early morning.

The house was painted red, not with paint, but with blood. Dark Tomoya easily slaughtered the old couple living in the house right next to the farm. A dark whistle was sung as Tomoya was cleaning the scythe he killed them with. The bodies were right by the door, the man was slice from toe to head and the women was giving a better death and instantly decapitated. "Arh... such a mess." He sighed as he looked on the bloody wall. Looking towards the bodies he smirked. "Time to take out the human trash." D.T said as he dragged the bodies outside and began to pose them like scarecrows on a couple of pole.

Shaun.
Time: N/A.

Shaun was not hanging by chains anymore, he had already gotten everything he needed. He had received a burger, pepsi and a bed. The only way he did this was constant complaining to the guard outside of his weird cell. In due time the two even began to become friends. "*Nom* Hwey... *Gulp* Angelo, how about you get me an xbox and we can play co-op together. It would get some time off our hands." Shaun said as he finished the burger. "Sorry friend I can't, the Commander will kill me if I'll do that." Angel the guard smirked as he heard Shaun's request. "Darn... ask permission for it later then." Shaun frowned as he laid on the bed.

"If they wanted me to help them they should of got Ryan instead." Shaun complained as he fell asleep.

(Before Main Event)

As David explained his M500 without pausing or showing any aggression, Saya assumed he didn't have the gun because he worked or was involved with Hyperion. Her tensity eased a bit, but she wouldn't forget about them regardless. "It's a fantastic gun, but .. if it has anything to do with a company called 'Hyperion', that gun is worthless to me. A bloody mirror that even when you clean the blood off and the mirror is good as new, that blood was there staining it. Personal reasons I f***ing hate Hyperion..."

However, Slindis suggested they move forward and Saya wasn't the one to sit around being lazy- so she agreed and without a word as David pondered about what Saya said, they walked. Elena and Slindis were concerned for Kud and Riki, thus when Slindis offered to carry one of them onto her back, Saya got anxious.
"Hey Slindis, I totally bet I can beat you at a race .. say, of piggy-back riding. First one to get tired loses~ i'm totally going to kick your @$$ in this!" Without another word or exchange of thought, Saya came to Riki who seemed to of not heard- and was suddenly placed onto her back, which he was trying to find as to why this was happening.
"Shut up, we're totally doing this! Slindis, take that girl for she seems to be lighter so you can have the handicap in this bet."
She teased, a confident smirk and suddenly Saya was power walking in front of the group, Riki still not sure why to God this was happening, his face like 'o_o'.

At the end, nether won. It seemed Slindis and Saya never grew tired, and Riki and Kud got their rides so they didn't have to be worn out.

(Main Event)

"Alright, so we're camping here? .. Seems legit."
She brushed the back of her hair, feeling satisfied to actually see a nice spot out of the gloomy and dark-as-heck forest.

Also Riki seemed worried, but Saya patted him in the back confirming, "I've camped out at nights before. Monsters and bandits would always try to assault us in our sleep, or least f*** up our supplies. But, what we did was hilarious. Booby trapping some 'obviously revealed' items just so they would explode and we'd laugh as the others still try finding out what went wrong. If it makes you feel better, i'll night patrol this s***. Shoot a few rounds into the air as a warning, though these b*****s may not know better then to stay away."

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle: Drop Group #1
"Aftan! ...GABS!"

The shaken and confused Kitsune looked at Aftan then back at the winded Gabs then back to Aftan, slowing walking towards her with blades drawn.

"You are not my AFTAN!" Akane screamed as she drew her blade and charged.

The soft hum of plasma joined the sounds of battle. Akane replied by coating her sword in flames, and the incessant green glow met the intense burning blue in a shower of sparks from steel striking steel. Fire burned in the Kitsune's eyes and mixed with the tears flowing, crafting a fearful sight at any who looked at her, corrupted or not.

The two were a blur of strikes and parries, turning warfare into an art, gracefully deadly, deadly graceful.

Time: Midday

"BOOOORRIIIIING!" Kyre cried out from her perch in the treetops. talon and Fang were already appropriately cleaned and sheathed, and the rattling of her chainmail sounded strangely like wind chimes. The leaves blew around her, and the soft wind and sunlight seemed to highlight the young Anti-Mage. She dropped down from the tree branch and sat down next to Mark's body before looking up at Tajuh. "I'm just going to sneak in a quick bite. I hope that's okay with you Sir Tajuh."

She smiled sweetly and placed her hand on Mark's wound... only to have it phase straight through. Kyre whined loudly and stood up, putting her hands on her head and started walking toward the temple again, when she spoke again, there was an absolute air of disappointment, "Where do you suppose Kurumu is..."

Ton Ton waited quietly as Puce built his bridge. Unease filled him when he was idle. No longer was his cheerful friend nearby to take his thoughts away from the depressing. Despite this, as always, he was ready for a new battle, should it appear.

Altea | Angelus | Caim | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri : Drop Group # 5

The red dragon; despite being constantly battered by fierce winds, was able to hold on by hovering in the skies. While keeping a close link with Caim at all times, she was able to get a somewhat clear view of what was going on; and could make out bits and pieces of what was happening below. That was when she received word from Caim asking,

"Hey, you got our position? We seem to be lost..."
"Hmph. I had gathered that when you walked in a circle the third time. Took you long enough. Yes, you have been. The ground slopes a little where you are, so that has been naturally leading you astray. Fight against the natural inclination and head North. That'll take you towards the temple... What's this? What's Cadolbolg doing here?"
"Cadolbolg? Probably about to ask the same question as I did... Speaking of, the idiot Author student of mine is freaking out about the threesome Knights. How're they holding up?"

The dragon took a deep inhalation of the dirty air, and snorted in displeasure, "Foxfire and filth fills the air... They're further ahead than you. Do as I said before. Go North and avoid the slant. That'll take you to them."
"Understood. I'll let them know. I'll keep in touch."
"Of course. Now go, the fires grow larger..."

The dragon gave another flap of her wings to stabilize in the air, and when her son arrived, she gave the baby turtle a pleased nuzzle, "Hello little one. I take it you were sent to ascertain your allies' positions?"

She gave a quick summary of what she had witnessed, as well as reassurance that everyone was heading towards the temple, albeit slowly and in their own ways.

"Your group is the closest. But be careful, they draw near a campfire of some sort. I do not expect anything living here to be friendly... I will need to land soon, for the parties grow closer to trees I cannot ward over. Furthermore, I do not trust the air near that temple... The storm will be much worse there for these wings. Now hurry, they may need you yet."

---

As Caim relayed everything to the group, and they began foraging ahead towards Aftan, Gabrielle and Akane, Teri gripped Sadei in anticipation for the coming battle, "Get ready to beat some heads, looks like we're about to...."

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri: Dmitri's Home

As the Dryad drew close, Dimitri only smiled. With Shakespeare gone, the configuration for CERBERUS rebooted, and the dog shaped guardian was ready for action again. As NIDHOGG began to crawl up the book cases, the unholy dog advanced upon the Dryad, the snakes hissing in anticipation at the sight of their newest meal.

Time: Sunset | January 1st

Not!Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle: Drop Group #1

There was a momentary pause between charges when the False Aftan and Akane were staring each other down and it was then that the fake spoke, he voice quite familiar to Akane and Gabrielle who could only watch from cover, tears streaming down her face as her mind tried to comprehend the situation.

"'I am are not your Aftan?'" The False image chuckled as she adjusted her grip on her Tonfas,"]" How could you even say that after all that we have been through, after all the time that we have spent together and *shiver* after how many times you have caressed me?"

There was another clashing of blades as the two went at it again, the Faux Aftan laughing as she fought, fully engulfed in her own blood lust or perhaps just simply lust.

"I remember the first time we were together before we were so rudely interrupted by the Black Cloaked Bitch... and then... you let her kill me. How could you do that? And then you let fell in love with her? You are undeserving of me. Just like you were undeserving of Michael's love and went for the better woman in Chiyo." The White Knight laughed mockingly as she charged once again, this time disappearing before her strike...

And reappearing behind the Kitsune, her foot already lashing out towards Akane's exposed back.

"Your tricks will do you no good, Tomoe Akane. You will die... as will Gabrille. You two who let me die."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, C**T!!" A new voice yelled followed by a strike that bowled F.Aftan over into the mud, staining the White Knight's Uniform. Kokoa had come out to play.

Mark, the real one, continued laying on the ground as he looked at the approaching Tajuh also unsure if it was the real one or not.

"You'd better be the actual one." The man said, looking as if he could snap the Dramatist in half with just one hand (and he probably could have in the battered condition Mark was in).

Now Mark could have said something like "Yup, it's me." or "How do I know you're you?" or any number of other lines that had been pulled from John Carpenter's The Thing but instead he went for the Talladega Nights line instead as he reached into the front pocket of his pants and pulled out his middle finger.

"'It's real nice. I got it at Target. It's on sale.'" The wounded Dramatist said as he watched Kyre bound off, wondering where he surrogate Succubus mother was.

"Maybe she could use a peace offering?" He thought to himself as he rez'd a glass in his hands and pressed it against one of the two bleeding wounds that Kyre had given him, filling the glass before making it disappear.

As Kyre continued moving towards the Temple, a glint of red caught her eye allowing them to focus on the glass that Mark had filled with his blood. There was even a note attached to it.

Note:
Let's start over.

As the group looked around the top of the hill, Elena shook her head at the location.

"I don't think that this is a very good spot. The trees surround us on three sides while the fourth has a river running through it. A large enough force could eliminate us without issue." The former military commander said as she ran a hand through her hair.

Even the thought of a fire was a bad idea in hostile territory.

"And no fires either. The light and the smoke would give our position away for miles. That's the last thing we want. Our best bet would be to continue until we get to the temple or we find a spot that's more easily defensible... unless someone has a fortress in their pockets."

While Kyre was wondering what Kurumu was up to, Kurumu was wondering where the others were as well. The air was starting to get cold... cold enough that the Succubus could have started cutting diamonds with certain bits of her body.

As she continued her patrol, she kept watch over Puce and Melethia and noted the bored look on Melethia's face as she swooped by.

"Hey Mel! Cheer up! At least we're making progress towards the temple and we're not under attack!" Kurumu said as she swooped by once again. She noted that her own boredom seemed to mirror that of the elf's and so it was in the next swoop that Melethia found herself no longer on the ground but being carried above the chasm that separated the group from the temple.

"Quit squirming. I don't wanna drop you!" The Succubus said with a laugh.

Alashi (Ella) | Devon: Group #6

"Excuse me, but are you one of Agehea's people?" Devon asked only to be ignored.

He followed this up with a gentle nudge to the Succubus who, he discovered, had put on some ear buds while Devon was getting dressed. As she pulled off the ear buds, Devon caught a hint at what she was listening to.

"What do you want, human?" The winged woman asked as she continued to look through the bushes towards the bug nest.

"Are you one of Agehea's people?" Devon repeated once again, only to be met with a sigh.

"No." She responded, though whether this was a lie or not, Devon was unsure. But she continued to ignore him mostly.

"Hey look the chick woke up!" The Succubus silently exclaimed as she leaned in closer to watch the gathering of giant cockroaches.

"Unhand me, beasts or face your doom!" A voice called out, prompting Devon to look through the brush as well.

Beyond the bushes was a rock outcropping that might have once been a temple but had been converted into a series of slime covered egg cases looking as if they were ready to hatch. While that might have been interesting to some people, Devon saw the woman who had threatened the humanoid looking bugs, what else could they be since they had 6 legs, a head, a thorax and an abdomen.

The woman was wearing white tactical armor, her brown hair framing green eyes. He could tell from her mannerisms and her muscle tone that she was some sort of fighter... perhaps a Knight? given the appearance of her

"Man... someone's gonna get a hurtin'" The Succubus continued to watch.

The Dryad looked at CERBERUS and smiled a moment before she pulled out her weapon... a tin watering can... and began watering the ground in front of her. While it didn't look like much of an attack, the reaction was sudden and swift.

A few dozen tree roots began sprouting out of the ground like so many wooden tentacles, each one writhing as it sought a target... CERBERUS. A half a moment later, all of them sought to entangle the three headed hell hound.

"Dryad... a root kit entity designed to gain root access to any program, root being the highest login possible, granting you access to all routines within a given program. If caught, CERBERUS will be integrated into and controlled by the Dryad program."

Disasterchild:
[

Tajuh looked at the Mark then tore off strips of his shirt before tightly binding the author's wounds. From the man's attitude, it was the real one."It's better than nothing. Now grab on so we can get to a camping site tonight. I'm not counting on any caves or cliff walls, so we'll have to go by one of the larger trees." He grabbed the man's left arm and wrapped it around his shoulder, allowing the Author to keep his weight off the injured knee as they moved through the forest, eventually finding a tree with large enough roots to provide a semblance of shelter.

The drow looked the site over and sighed. "That river doesn't provide much of a defense with how shallow it is, and the site's probably well-known by locals. However, the two schoolchildren are exhausted, and I doubt my eyesight could be passed onto the whole group, and the fact that it's a moonless night means our visibility is extremely poor. I say we camp here, low fire, and a revolving watch." If it weren't for the two kids with the group, the paladin would easily keep moving until she could find something more defensible like a cave or a hollowed-out tree.

"Hey, tell me before ya do that, Skyhair! And what are those things poking into my back?" The young girl was shocked by the sudden move, but the vantage point allowed her to see for miles, and it looked like there was a small enough cave a way ahead for them to stay in for the night.

"Wanna take a bet to see who can get by the most traps in the temple, Skyhair? I mean, if I made something like that, I'd trap it up. Y'know, make someone trying to get my stuff really work for it." Kurumu could tell that the girl enjoyed the flying after the first shock of it.

Sadei responded to Teri. If we can get rid of some of this taint here, I'll do it... Teri could hear Sadei mentally heaving. It looks like the staff wasn't feeling too good with all the corruption here.

Alashi (Ella) | Devon: Group #6

Devon looked at the woman over there, wishing to help her. Now that he'd picked a good bit up from that training, maybe his presence would help...

"Look, I just want to thank you for helping me there. It was a bit crazy, wasn't it? Still, what do you say about helping out that person down there before she's food? I mean, it wouldn't hurt to, and it would be wrong to watch her die." The man pointed to the knight and whispered, transmitting a message to Aftan. "You want help, don't you? Make your way to the bush line and I'll back you up."

Devon casted Message, a level 0 cantrip! This spell allows a whispered message to up to seven targets at his current level with little chance of being overheard, and the recipients can talk back to the sender as part of the spell.

Ton Ton only watched as Kurumu ferried people across, and continued to wonder where his wayward friend had disappeared off to.

At Jake's consistent urgings, the group had been able to hurry to the position that Angelus outlined to Caim; which sub-sequentially placed him at the head. He was far more used to engagements of this sort, and had Moonfire ready for the assualt.

It did not take long for them to reach where the screams came from; and they saw chaos unfold infront of them, as the knights fought with the false version of Aftan. Not that anyone in the party would know that... Would they?

Caim stopped dead in his charge in confusion, and loudly asked, "What the hell?!"

Teri, despite being near the end; thought something was fishy; given the ferocity that Akane and Gabrielle attacked Aftan. Running ahead of Caim, she called out: "Allow me! God, give me insight to what arcane trickery may lie here!"

If any were looking at the Tablet, one would have noticed a message appearing for a quick moment:

User Spell Deploying: DETECT MAGIC. SCANNING NOW.

Dimitri only shook his head again, "Nidhogg is a root-eater for a reason, and a Fail-Safe. His protection extends to any files, even converting ones. However, I note that Cerberus certainly needs upgrading..."

At the sound of that, the aforementioned Root Eater already began its assault on the Dryad, wrestling with the wooden-woman on the floor as it started to destroy the roots from Cerberus in it's wake.

Altea | Angelus | Caim | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri | Not!Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle/Kokoa : Drop Group # 5
Jake too stopped in his tracks, voicing the same as Caim. He couldn't rush in, this was their fight by looks of things. But Teri did.
"Teri, wait! Stay back!" Jake shouted as he ran after her, slinging his M4 and drawing his sword for the close quarters fight.

~~~~~

Akane spun round, thankful Kokoa had joined the fight. "Aftan would never say those things! We love each other, all of us and we have forgiven and it made us stronger! You die... now."

Both Kokoa and Akane charged, each covering the other as they struck, overwhelming the Fake!Aftan, who was only managing to strike back every third or fourth blow through liberal abuse of teleporting. Then Caim's group arrived yet Akane paid them no heed. She had to kill this imposter and move on, she had to find Aftan!

A ring of fire erupted around the combatants, roughly 30 feet in diameter, trapping Fake!Aftan, Kokoa and herself inside and the others outside. The flames burned a bright blue, nearing white at the base.

Time: Sunset

Kyre

The young Anti-Mage skipped over to the small glass and picked it up, she felt her heart flutter with something... appreciation perhaps? But it mattered little to her at the moment. The sweet lifeblood was still warm as she pressed the container to her lips and let it dribble into her mouth.

Immediately she spat it out and threw the glass against the ground, shattering it into a million tiny shards.

"He didn't taste very good. Not very good at all," still she found herself smiling, and holding her hand over her chest. Kyre closed her eyes and started to talk to herself, recanting the things she had tasted up to this point, "the blood of the warg girl, the entrails of Witch Beatrice, Marie of Althion.... all of her, then the blood of Kurumu..." she drifted into fantasy for a moment, remembering the time she sucked the lifeblood directly from the her ample chest, "Sir Edward's innards, and the Writer's blood."

Kyre twisted her wrist around and flung her light body back toward the two men, "Kurumu still tasted the best," she assured herself.

It took merely moments for her to catch up with Tajuh and Mark, and then she landed in front of them and hugged Mark, tracing her hands across his wounds, "I accept your friendship," she said playfully before kissing Mark on the cheek, however ethereal he might be.

Not!Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri: Drop Group #1

*FWWOOOOOOSH*

The light of the of the fire made the duel between the combatants all that more surreal as the False Aftan fought against the two others.

"We have forgiven! We have forgiven!" The thing mocked as Teri's detect magic spell lit her up like a Halloween Pumpkin, revealing that the false was totally crafted of magic rather than just Aftan's Phoenix Tattoos. The false Aftan, however was either unaware nor did she care that her cover had been broken, as she continued to mock both Kokoa and Akane.

"And YOU little vampire. How does it feel to know that you were never the favorite of Tsukune... HELL you were NEVER IN THE RUNNING!!! How does it feel that you're getting sloppy seconds even now? HOW DoES it FEEEL to know that Akane will never FAVOR you as MUCH As she Does MEE! And what's this with your WRiter?? DoN'T YOu KNOW THAT YOU'RE PRETTY affECtions are as GRating as YoUr ConStANt DEsIRe foR AkaNE's TAiLS?!?!?[/b]" Not!Aftan screamed, her voice distorting as the heat from Akane's flame wall was starting to affect it somehow.

"I SAID SHUT UP!!!" The little vampire screamed as she dropped her weapons and opted to go after her False Lover with bare hands, a move that cause Not!Aftan to smile victoriously, even as patches of her skin began to show signs of browning... like a plant that withers from lack of water.

"Am I going into shock or did Kyre just kiss me on the cheek?" The Dramatist asked as he and Tajuh made headway towards the shelter that Tajuh had spotted before being stopped by the manic Anti-Mage. He also couldn't help but flinch as Kyre traced the her hands across the very wounds that he had caused and grimace at her kiss.

"I accept your friendship"

"Hehe... greeeeat." He let the words trail off, a sure sign of not knowing whether being Kyre's friend would be a boon or a curse that would haunt him later, before he disentangled himself from both Tajuh and Kyre.

"I can't take this shit anymore! ARRRRG!!!" The Dramatist's voice said in frustration as he fell to the ground. He was slowing the group down to an absurd pace and what was even worse, he was as good as dead of they were to encounter a group of enemies... any group an enemies really... even a pack of field mice was more than enough to finish Mark off.

>>edit stats.hp 100%
>>init shelter.fortified.Camo.cabin
>>init defense.thermoptic.drone

"Shaun's not the only one who can live in the lap of luxury." Mark muttered as he felt all of his wounds quickly, violently and painfully heal themselves in one gigantic combo of the words CRACK and SHLORP

*CRSHLOCK!*

Of course that wasn't the only thing that he did... few off the side of the path was a cabin... a cabin that had been fortified be a perimeter of sharpened stakes... a cabin that had been disguised to blend in with the rest of the the corrupted forest... a cabin that was defended by a Drone that was invisible to sight and thermometric readings.

And as Tajuh looked at Mark with what was most likely a disapproving look, Mark simply responded with:

"It's better than a hole in the ground. Believe me... my people know holes in the ground."

Elena nodded in agreement with Slindis' assessment of the situation and volunteer for first watch with Slindis while David, Kud, Riki and Saya rested and before long, Elena and Slindis found themselves sitting at the fire, keeping first watch.

"So... hi." Elena said, not knowing what to make of the rather gruff Paladin.

Ton Ton didn't need to wonder and further as he found himself in the air in much the same manner that Melethia had found herself airborne: Totally by surprise.

Cadolbolg was back... though he had seen not one sign of Mother anywhere, the cloud cover being too thick to make it remotely easy.

"Greetings friend Ton Ton." Cadolbolg croaked as he placed the Tonberry on his back.

Kurumu could only laugh at the small elf's enthusiasm as they continued the patrol, Melethia's far-seeing eyes making her better suited as a scout while Kurumu's mobility made her an ideal... mount? NO NO NO... partner.

"You've got a wager. What did you have in mind for a prize, Mel?" Kurumu asked as she looked down at the bridge, which seemed to be half way complete.

Alashi (Ella) | Devon: Group #5

The Succubus started to shake her head as if to say, "What's the fun in helping someone out?" before she seemed to remember the fact that...

"Look if it wasn't for me helping a stranger out... you'd still be down in hell."

The woman looked at Devon for a moment with a look that screamed "Guilt... trip... much... asshole?"

Now... believe it or not, Succubi can actually feel guilt and right now this one was feeling particularly guilty that if she didn't help out her human savior, she'd end up feeling like she should have done something and that was not the way she operated. Happy... relaxing... like summertime. That was her Modus Operendi.

"Fine... what do you want me to do?" She asked while in the distance Aftan responded to Devon.

"I do not know who you are but thank you for your assistance. It is most appreciated. Before we attempt this, I request that should this go wrong, go find a Kitsune named Tomoe Akane and a Knight named Gbarielle D'arcangelo and tell her that Aftan al Said loves them but died a Knight."

There was a brief moment where the Knight seemed to disappear before reappearing a few feet from where she was trapped, the poison that had knocked her out having not fully worn off... but she began running... running towards Devon's position.

Interesting... a root eater...

"Your creator should be commended for her foresight into creating a program that counters root kits. However... no code is flawless as we can see." Vermilion said as she rez'd in a second program to assist Dryad.

init willard

There was a brief paused as the program was loaded into memory... a pause that might have been imperceptible early but was very noticeable now. Willard finally loaded and revealed a man in a trench coat... a writhing trench coat and as the man with short brown hair opened the trench coat, a flurry of rat poured out onto the floor and charged Nidhogg clamoring up its sides and began biting him.

"A SQL injection attack... also like a root kit, it'll allow willard to control NIDHOGG."

Not!Aftan | Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri: Drop Group #1
"I SAID SHUT UP!!"

The flame shield dropped and all could see the fight as about to end. Kokoa dived in for the kill, brutal and full of emotion with her bare hands. She never got there. The Fake Aftan's smile dropped as she saw a horrible horrible sight descending upon her.

*CRACK-BOOM*

Kokoa was knocked over by the force of the sonic boom, her ears ringing from the air trying to catch up to the object that had passed through them faster than the speed of sound. She looked up from the ground. Her eyes widened in disbelief.

Akane and Aftan stood together, Aftan draped over the Kitsune's shoulders, Akane's blade emerging through Aftan's back. A trail of fire lead to Akane's starting point, her tails still glowing white hot rather than the usual orange flame. Everything seemed to stop for the moment, the birds, the leaves rustling, even the storm above.

"I said, Die. Burn in hell." Akane near whispered yet everyone heard. Her voice dripped with an unnatural hatred and wrath.

Flames spread up her sword and the Fake!Aftan did not even have a chance to scream before being burned alive, incinerated by Akane. As the ash blew away, Akane dropped to her knees and cried, great big heaving sobs.

"AFTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

~~~~~~~~

Jake silently sheathed his sword and walked up to the wrecked Kitsune, placing a hand upon her shoulder.

As the construct faded away, Teri's hold on the spell disappeared, and she wandered over to see if there was any damage of the physical kind. Holding up her hands in a yielding gesture, she asked, "I know this isn't the best of times to ask, but is anyone hurt...Er, physically? Any cuts or anything that need attending to?"

She held back from actually getting close to Akane, lest she get glomped again.

As for the rest of the group, they filtered in quietly and still on edge, lest they be attacked by something else.

Ton Ton froze a little upon being brought in the air, but when he realized that his friend was back, he relaxed again, and said in a friendly tone, "Man, aren't you a sight for sore eyes? How did the talk with your mother go over? Is everyone alright?"

Dimitri looked up from his book with a frown, and waved his hand, sending in PRINCIPALITY and SEIRYU.

"I am calling a cease-fire. I am guessing as she made those programs with only a little thought, they were not as well made as my friends here. Thus, I will alert her of their... Lacking. You've made your point Vermilion, now I only ask 'why'. Do you intend to see these files? They are not yours or your creators to view. I care not who this Mark is, he is not privy my Mistress's private files."

After the Author gave his feeble justification, Tajuh sat down in one of the simple chairs as he collected himself. "Since it looks like the two of you fought my doppelganger, we'll have to do a revolving watch. I know er have that machine outside, but relying solely upon that is a fool's move. Kyre, you'll take first watch. Mark, you take last watch. I'll do the second." The way it was set up, the two with him would have uninterrupted sleep, even if Kyre was still someone he was not fully comfortable around.

Slindis looked out around the area, her well-trained vision helping out. "I believe we met at the wedding shortly after I joined your crew, Elena, even if I wasn't fully there at the time. It's hard to forget a face like yours." She went into her Bag of Holding and pulled out a pouch of jerky. "Go ahead, take some. It's not made for the upper crust, but it'll fill you up." The new moon would make it oppressively dark outside, but being a drow brought with it the advantages of enhanced sight in the dark.

Melethia smiled. "Hmm... whoever loses has to do whatever the other says for a week after we finish. No giving up our stuff, though, cause that'd be stupid." The young girl couldn't see much movement on the ground indicating an ambush, although it was starting to get dark. It looked like they'd have to set up camp as soon as they got across at this pace.

He looked at the succubus with dark red hair and said, "Grab her. I'll make a distraction for us.." He grabbed a handful of the soil and grinned, throwing the handful as the succubus flew with the woman. "Eat my dust... or look at it, in any case!" When it got to the newly hatched insects, it turned into a gleaming golden dust that was blinding as it coated everything in the area, including the insects. Right when the flash hit, Devon made sure to start running like hell to catch up with the two.

Devon used FairyGlitterdust! All pursuing insects have to make a save against being blinded with a mod of 14, and they're still incredibly easy to spot even if they save.

Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | GabrielleKokoa | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri: Drop Group #1

"I know this isn't the best of times to ask, but is anyone hurt...Er, physically? Any cuts or anything that need attending to?"

There was a moment of silence where everyone looked around to see if anyone stepped forward to report an injury, however, not everyone was in a state to report that they were injured. In the middle of the former circle of flame a red haired figure lay... still.

The majority of the group gathered there had never seen Kokoa nor had they truly met her so it would be absolutely understandable if they were confused why there was a Vampire in their midst... even more confusingly... why was it that this vampire that most had never met was wearing Gabrielle's uniform.

If anyone were to have turned her over, they would have seen the scorch marks on her skin... a side effect of being too close to a Kitsune's fury.

Mark nodded at Tajuh but stopped for a moment... unsure as to whether or not he should speak to the prick known as Tajuh. In the end, curiosity won out.

"So... I notice you have an issue with me. Care to explain?" Mark asked as he sat down next the Rising Dawn's acting captain.

"Because you're about as subtle as an elephant driving an Earth Mover."

Elena's face darkened for a moment as she remembered bits and pieces of the wedding, neither her body nor mind having been fully hers at the time.

"Of course... how could I have forgotten?" The woman said, hiding behind her well trained mask that she had put up after her release from Ekou.

Cadolbolg glided through the skies and pulled up next to his former construct sister and waved at her and her friend before responding to Ton Ton.

"Cadolbolg is afraid that her group was not able to make it far through the woods. Things have been rather... what is that?" The little dragon said as he banked over to get a better view of something in the darkness... noticed a flash in the distance... as if someone was unleashing beams of energy on the ground.

Kurumu laughed at Melethia's idea before nodding.

"Deal! When I get through more traps than you... you have to do what I say!" The Succubus said in a voice filled with mirth. As the darkness finally settled on top of them, Melethia noticed a something in the distance... it looked like a village of some sort... the cooking fires having just been lit for the night, displaying it for all to see from the air.

"Seriously? I pull your ass out of hell and now I'm your personal rescue chopper?" The Succubus stated as she took flight, her hands pulsing with a red energy that reminded Devon of the iron rusty color of blood.

"Why am I even helping this guy? I've known him... what... 3 minutes and he's already a pain in my ass? Who does that? Becomes a pain in someone's ass 3 minutes after introductions" The Girl thought to herself as she intertwined her fingers, save for her two index fingers and pointed it at a cluster of bugs... unleashing a beam of blood colored energy on them.

"COME ON YOU SLOW ASS BROAD! GET A MOVE ON!" She screamed at the White Knight as she closed in on her, focusing on the grab... So focused that she would have been jumped by a couple of bugs were it not for Devon's Glitterdust spell, causing the bugs to shimmer.

"Eat this." The woman said as she pointed her index fingers at both the bug and impaling them with more crimson beams.

She was almost there... of course... the single male that appeared in the area made it a tad more difficult. A monster that put the females to shame...

"You've got to be kiddin' me." She said loud enough that Devon could hear the previously unnoticed Southern Accent.

A.I. Vermilion bowed briefly and de-constructed her hacking routines before sitting down in the chair.

" I did not mean to overstep. I was designed to assist with the strengthening of System Security. It is a bad habit of mine to go overboard. That's a strange thing to say... habit. We are nothing but code. How could we have a habit unless it was programmed into us... but then that would make it a function of us and not a habit correct?"

Did Vermilion just start of a philosophical subroutine?

Akane | Altea | Angelus | Caim | GabrielleKokoa | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri: Drop Group #1
Jake felt a soft hand touch his, then squeeze it before lightly removing it. Jake nodded and stepped back, noticing Kokoa laying motionless upon the ground. Akane was already moving towards her, and scooped the little vampire up in her arms. She could feel the heat radiating from Kokoa... The wrong kind of heat. Her skin blistered and raw, Akane shrieked in horror at the wounds on her lover.

"H-h-h-h-h-heeeeelp!" she spluttered out between renewed sobs. "Oh Gods help her I've burnt her! I've burnt her so badly oh Gods what have I done...... Oh Gods...."

Teri took a deep breath, and, shakily, touched Akane's arm, "Akane, I am a medic. I can fix her up. But I need you calm down, and put her back down for me so I can work. Can you do that for me, please?"

Akane was about to sputter something else, but the Cleric did not break her gaze with the fox.

"PLEASE, Akane. It will help her more to let me work. I have medical supplies with me, as well as a spell or two. Just let me do my work. If not, she could hit critical status.. Or worse."

The Kitsune numbly placed the Vampire on the ground and backed away with horror when Teri began to do her work. The girl had already begun to give orders to those around her,

"Caim, I have a book in my satchel with a blue flame on it; get it out and turn it to page 324. Somebody get me some clean water. Dimitri; search for Kokoa Shuzen in the Avatar Adventures files as well as files from Rosario Vampire, and look for allergies and the like."

"Of course, Madam. Scanning...."

"Wait, what's wrong with the- Hey, what is that?!"

As Dimitri scanned the aforementioned files and sent what was relevant, he smiled at Vermilion's tangent, "Even though I have thought of such things myself, I thought that perhaps our creators programmed us to think. At least, that much I know my creator did. She gave me complete artificial life created via 0's and 1's. However, that does not mean I do not matter, or my thoughts are not significant. I can show you files that show her sympathies to robotic life forms. She thinks that we are able to feel and think as a human does... Even love. I am still learning what these things mean entirely; but the fact that I CAN learn is what makes me different from a simple computer. I am certain your creator is similar. He is a Writer too, after all."

Jake rushed forwards, hearing Teri's orders. He opened one of his canteens and placed it by her tools. "Fresh, clean. I've got a small first aid kit as well if you need anything." he said tersely, standing back a bit to give Teri space.
He kept an eye on Akane, who kept walking around aimlessly in circles yet her eyes never leaving Teri and Kokoa. She was a wreck, first Aftan, now Kokoa, by her hand...

"!!! I can feel her again! Aftan is nearby!" Akane said, her voice shattered yet a glimmer of hope still shone in it. She sped off into the trees, and as Jake watched her he could even see small flashes of red light.

"Oh Gods please be safe I'm almost there....."

Akane broke through a line of bushes to see what was basically chaos. She spotted Aftan running for cover not far from her, backed up by a Succubus and a human.
"AFTAN! I'M COMING!" she shouted as she broke into a run towards the three.

Rugal Bernstein
As Puce and Kurumu got to building the bridge, Rugal found himself drifting in and out of a long nap.
Keeping in a recent theme he was going though, what with that Ghost of Christmas Past hallucination and Teri asking about his first kill, he found himself recalling his childhood days yet again.

Berlin Streets: Rugal Age 17
In the years after he watched that man die at his hands, he soon grew less and less concerned with the value of human life.
The News spoke of a unknown spree killer, every night someone else was found dead and robbed naked.
Rugal soon found himself living the standard he had always dreamed of, And yet, he found himself working every night to put food on the table, his table.
But the police stepped their efforts, stings where placed, Hiding spots were cleaned out, He found his lifestyle was slipping from his grasp.
He need a big score to ensure he could rise above the streets, lest he remain a petty mugger forever.

And that's when they met.

It was winter market morning and he was getting breakfast, a few apples, maybe a breadstick, what ever he could get away with.
He watched as a beggar heckled some rich person who was clearly repulsed at the fact he was asking for a handout.
He'd seen this before, They always go for the rich ones despite the fact they never-
The Beggar fell as it looked like the Rich Man stuck him in the gut, This was a new one to Rugal, Most don't bother smacking around the poor.
"There....Now get out of my sight, Worthless Human..."
The Rich man walked away, The Beggar cried out, He was just given a Platinum Bar!
Rugal dropped his apple in sheer shock as the man was walking past.

Present
He awoke with a bit of a fright as he checked his right eye, the one he lost when he was 18.
Still Gone, Then he remembered where he was.
He picked himself up and shouted "That damn Bridge up yet?! Come on, I've seen Chinese Children work harder then you! For even less too!"

Teri's staff sighed upon looking at the burns. It looks pretty bad... do you need my support to heal them up?

Tajuh stretched, pulling out a small note from his wallet to read it before talking to Mark. "You authors are amusing, thinking that there's no relative danger in what's done here. I can respect Teri Gravel, since the girl's working her damnedest to fix the issues caused by your lot. Hell, even that Devon Hauxwell is getting off his ass. Honestly, you'd be best off ensuring that Klaara doesn't bring back the former creator of the Red Mage."

He watched as Kyre got into one of the small beds in the area as he went on. "However, it doesn't resolve the issue that your collective hands were the main cause of the massive instability, and that corrupted Archangel won't stop at this plane. I'm still debating whether or not I should tell my boss to have the whole lot of you killed, especially considering any one of these people could go down that path and cause this to happen all over again. Before you say anything like 'Oh, they can fix it themselves,' know this: even if a area's saved multiple times, the fact that the scenario happens on and off again messes with so much that it would make your head spin."

Although he spoke casually, the content of the statement showed that he was dead serious. And what was with the way he referred to Devon as if Tajuh had no connection to him?

She hands over a piece of the jerky, tearing it in half and eating some of it. "Still, thank you for what you two did earlier with that centipede. I was starting to get concerned for the Soren's well-being if the fight continued any further, and it was a bit much to handle." Slindis looked over at David doing some maintenance on his weapon, taking note of anything unusual.

Melethia pointed out the fires to Kurumu. "We should probably avoid about a quarter mile around those fires, Skyhair. And let's get it straight: you'll be working for me, mmkay?" She smiled impishly, knowing that there were few traps that would hold her.

He looked at the male, immediately a bit worried. "Well I'm sorry that I haven't been able to thank you. Maybe that could wait until after we get out of here?" He grabbed his shortsword and tossed it in the air once, catching it. "If there ever was a time for luck, it's now!" Right as he caught it, he heard the light, rapidly approaching footsteps of...Akane? It was hard to hear, but he remembered the sound of those tails from when he had first met with the Kitsune in Wyoming.

Devon cast Improvisation! This spell grants luck, allowing the caster to distribute said luck in his abilities, accuracy or skills

David West
Shrugging off Saya's underwhelming reaction to his awesome gun ("Oh come on! You know you want it!"), David spent much of the journey running point for the group as they made their way though the jungle, giving Slindis and Saya a break after that Giant Enemy Bug.
He overheard Slindis asking about the wedding and he said "Hey Slin! Mind coming over here? Need those Elf eyes of yours for a sec."
Slindis was a little confused by what he meant by Elf Eyes, but walked over none the less.
Once she was over, he began speaking in a hushed tone.
"I heard you two were talking about the Wedding. Yes, she was there, but...she was....brainwashed. Just it was a very rough time for her so just watch what you say. She can be...unstable at times....Kinda like everyone in our merry band actually. Still, you know what I mean, right?"

Altea | Angelus | Caim | GabrielleKokoa | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri: Drop Group #1

Floating... Kokoa found herself floating in the air above her body as she looked down on it. It was strange to see herself from this position.

"Is that even me? She looked kind of... crispy if you ask me."

"Caim, I have a book in my satchel with a blue flame on it; get it out and turn it to page 324. Somebody get me some clean water. Dimitri; search for Kokoa Shuzen in the Avatar Adventures files as well as files from Rosario Vampire, and look for allergies and the like." Teri... (that was her name right?)... yelled at her Tablet, a tablet that looked a bit familiar.

"Hey! Hey you! Teri! I've got no allergies!" The Vampire screamed, though it appeared that no one could hear her...

Of course, Madam. Scanning....

And then she suddenly remembered why the Tablet seemed so familiar.

"I wonder if Mark's near by... maybe I could find him and ask for a bite. They do say that a blood transfusion is great for vampires... it helps them heal and stuff." Of course that didn't really pertain to Vampire Spirits... so it probably would have been a fruitless trip to find the Dramatist... but at this point, she had all the time in the world

Mark's jaw dropped for a moment as Tajuh listed the reasons... many of them false... as to why Writers were useless incompetent baffoons (to put it mildly).

"You're kidding me right? If you kill off all of us... this place ceases to exist. You, Slindis, Melethia, your Guard buddies and Gillam... gone... and like it or not... it takes our collective to keep this place running. Sure some of us get all power crazy or bored and create a massive tsunami of shit, but for the most part, what we've been trying to keep each other on the up and up since we found out that this place is real." Mark said as he felt something familiar in the air.

"As for Klaara and Sav, I'm keeping my hands out of their affair. I'm not the fucking cops here but the girl wants her brother back and at this point, someone like Red Mage to get us out of this situation." The Dramatist continued as it suddenly felt like someone or something was gnawing on his neck.

"And what do you call this? I'm off my ass... trying to keep the world safe same as you." That was that.

As Kokoa floated near the ceiling, one could see the look of disappointment in her eyes as she headed back to her body.

Elena once again nodded as she accepted Slindis' thank you.

"I was nothing. We were on the run from a few hostiles ourselves when we ran into you. I think we helped each other out." She said as she stirred the fire a bit to keep it from dying. She watched as David called out to Slindis and maintained watch.

Puce looked over at Rugal and nodded silently forgetting that the man was blind.

"It's finished. I don't think and child Chinese are could have finished the bridge any faster than I did. Looking at his handiwork Puce hoped that it would hold Rugal's massive ego.

Looking up in the sky, he called out to Melethia and Kurumu.

"Bridge is done! Let's get to the other side!!" He yelled as he started the long march to the other side.

Kurumu nodded at Puce and wheeled down towards the ground, making sure that she dropped Melethia softly to the ground before she herself landed.

"So what now, boss?" She asked Rugal... before noticing that Cadolbolg and Ton Ton were missing.

"Hey guys? Have you seen Ton Ton or Cadolbolg?

Aftan | Alashi (Ella) | Akane | Devon: Group #5

Aftan continued to run towards the sound of Devon's playing until she head Akane in the distance.

"AKANE!!!" Aftan called out as she felt a surge of strength within herself and started running towards the sound of the incoming Kitsune.

"Hells alive... where does she think she's going?" The Succubus asked Devon as she took a few more pot shots at the female roaches, opting to clear out the weaker ones and then help Devon take on the male.

For its Part, the male was playing the role of male rather well, as it sent its cadre of female roaches towards the interlopers, while it opted to lurk in the shadows should anything come within its reach.

"Devon. Get the male... I'll finish off the Females!!! Alashi called out, though Devon had still never asked her her name.

A.I. Vermilion chuckled for a moment as she revealed something that no one had ever known save her Writer and herself.

"I believe the only similarities lie in their affiliation with this world. Otherwise, he does not seem to hold this area in the same esteem as some of the others. Prior to learning of its existence, he called this place the Divine Comedy. It became his inspiration for harnessing Lucifer." The A.I. stated as she looked around a bit more.

Rugal Bernstein
Rugal was hesitant to step onto the bridge and took small steps to ensure he didn't slip or trip due to his blindness, tapping his staff off the surface of it much more often then he would to get an idea of width and strength.
It took him a full minute to walk over and he seemed pleased to be back on solid ground.
Then Kurumu was kind enough to ask him if he "Seen" Ton Ton or Cadolbolg.
".........No....I've haven't..." He flatly answered with a tone of extreme annoyance in his voice.
"Last I heard Cadolbolg was sent to relay our position to Angelus. As for Ton Ton.....Mmmmm...."
He then shouted back towards the otherside "Ton Ton! Bridge is up! Lets Go!"

Even though Saya volunteered for being the first one to stay up for night watch- it would seem she was asleep, and everyone else (almost) was up. However, Saya was a light sleeper for good reason, and hearing about 'The Wedding' made her curious. Getting up from her spot, she got over to Elena and sat down, arms on her legs and eyes almost closed but only due to having them shut for awhile.

".. Mmh, mh- you're all up still. Talking .. about, mmmhh- weddings and s***. What is this wedding?"
Saya rubbed her eye, not aware of how personal the wedding was (and oblivious as to how David called Slindis over..)

"I'm never getting married, you want to know.. why?"
"Because guys are f***ing morons. They'll ask you to make them a sandwich while having your sister over in the room with him-"
"Nah I kid.... but the real reason is- I am not cut out to be a house wife. I'm to, adventurous and a 'Vault Hunter' who has no regulations. I'm not some cold hearted b**** who'll shoot you down for looking at her wrong only to loot you after, but I am no hero."

That's when Saya noticed the pieces of beef jerky that Slindis and Elena were having.
"Hhheeeyyy- I had a piece earlier too. Holy nutballs Slindis is really into beef jerky.."

"Oh yea, so .. what's this wedding and s***? Is it personal, because if so-"
Saya placed her hands up as if someone was holding her at gun point. "None of my business. You live however you'd want. I'm just here for my own reasons."

Time: Night | January 1st

Elena smirked a little at Saya's spryness despite the length of the day, she was a pistol, alright. However inside the smirk lingered a bit of what appeared to be sadness.

"Oh... We all attended a wedding not too long ago for our team members Dillon, at that time the Airship's Captain, and his now wife, Amaya. Slindis mentioned that I had met her for the first time there... But I didn't remember. *Nervous laugh* I must have been too drunk trying to keep up with David." Elena said as she lied through her teeth.

"*Damn you Tomoya, I might have been over this if ... Jenny ...*" There was a brief moment of silence before Saya found herself no longer looking at the Former Russian Officer, rather she was looking at Elena's silhuette receeding in the distance towards the treeline.

Elena soon found herself safely away from the rest of the group... Safely alone... Just her and a blade.

There was a bit of a grimace as she made the first cut but it soon disappeared as she felt control returning to her

Altea | Angelus | Caim | GabrielleKokoa | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri: Drop Group #1

"No allergies were found, Madam. However, might I suggest a blood transfusion of some sort? She is a vampire, after all..."

"Good. As for your question, Sadei, I'll need all the help I can get here. Hang on Kokoa... Wait. Blood transfusion! I'm an O+! I bet she could have a nibble without a problem. But that involves needles... Or... I do have sterile needles... I could prick a finger.. Yeah, that's it!"

After taking a deep breath and casting a minute healing spell, she pulled out a needle and pricked her pointer finger, to which she audibly winced to.

(The Spell, 'Magic Stone' has been replaced by a casting of Cure Light Wounds)

She then placed the bloody finger to the Vampire's lips and silently prayed that Kokoa would take a sip.

Cadolbolg | Ton Ton: Drop Group #4 Team Cute Bruisers!

The pale blue light of Ton Ton's lantern added an interesting effect to the already red wash that befell this area; to which the Tonberry did not note or care. What did matter was that they were closing in quickly on a group of three persons, one of which the two did know (Aftan), and two which they did not... Or did they?

"Wait a second... That guy looks familiar..."

The other AI frowned, and said, "Aside from the Morning Star, I must regret to inform you that the more I hear about this 'Mark' character, the less I like him. Holding the lives of this world as if they were puppets, his negligence and uncaring for those around him.... But no matter. I shall remain by My Lady's side so long as she needs me; so I needn't worry. As we've both learned with our creators, sometimes the flesh does not prove satisfying as amiable company."

bluerocker:
snip

"Teri, that probably isn't going to work, they are going to need a lot more than that... needless to mention also that they aren't going to be able to take a sip while unconscious so bleeding would have to be a lot more intense to the point where it could flow down her throat... I can't believe I'm doing this, but could you all look away for a minute or so?" the group all had rather puzzled looks but after glaring each one of them in the eye the others looked away and Teri moved away from the body and did the same. you could hear something rather light flop to the ground, and it sounded like a faucet was running then after a minute or so they got the ok to turn around, Kalastryn caked in blood and a puddle of it on the ground but it seems a good ammount got into Kokoa's mouth from the look of her face. "Don't ask, and don't ever mention this again, understand?" Kalastryn said with a rather harsh tone of voice to get the point across... strangely while she started to pick off the dried blood from her face... her robes were pristine and void of any staining. She then sat down and took a few deep breaths. "I feel kinda dizzy, I don't think it a bad idea to wait here and rest for a while." of course she was dizzy... who wouldn't be after giving up so much blood.

Teri's face remained a puzzle of confusion as the horned woman began to feed Kokoa the massive amount of blood, and felt a wave of shame for the stupid notion that a pricked finger would awaken the wounded Vampire. However, regardless of her lack of thought, she could already tell that Kokoa would be alright. Thus, she began to pack her materials away carefully, sterilizing her tools and items as best as she could with what she had. When she moved to take the book from Caim, she saw a small message on her screen,

"Do not feel ashamed, Madam. You did well, under the circumstances that befell you."

Teri smiled faintly at that and silently patted herself on the back for creating an AI that gave her confidence boosts.

Akane called out to Aftan even as the knight began to run towards her. "Head towards the others, I'll catch up and get the rear!" she called out.

Steeling herself, she threw a single small fireball into the glittering cloud of bugthings. it was not the torrent of flame she had tried to blast. Hating herself and her eyes tearing up, she drew her sword and charged in after Aftan, slicing away as she went. She hoped she was still worthy, not even able to save Aftan now.

Kokoa awoke and looked at the two women standing over her. She licked her lips and gave a small smile even as her wounds began to heal, slowly and painfully. "Heh, Mark still tastes sweeter. Thank you." the little vampire said softly. "Hey wait, where's Aftan and Akane?" she asked a bit louder, attempting to get up, only for Teri to interject.

Jake cut in over the top. "Kokoa, Akane is chasing after Aftan as we speak. Listen to Teri, she healed you. Kala helped alot too." he said before turning back to the trees where Akane left. He had a bad feeling about this whole thing.

Sadei seemed to glow after Teri helped the vampire. That was really nice of you to do. Even though she's a vampire, it doesn't look like she's inherently bad. Just don't have her touch me, okay? I might hurt her because of what I'm made of...

Tajuh just shook his head and sighed. "You think the Guard is tied to that author that just had that training? That just shows how little you know. Even those two from Eberron lost that connection the moment that Slender ripped him out of his plane. Now, call me heartless if you want. I have to watch over much more than this, and if the call's made, I will do what needs to be done."

Slindis went over to David. "I can understand. We all have our problems, and those that seem perfectly fine are just keeping it buried. Still, thank you for helping with the watch."

After David talked to Slindis, she went back to Elena and Saya. "Oh, it's no problem. I know the jerky might not be to your liking, but I wouldn't trust anything we could hunt here. Besides, the meat holds well in my bag's conditions, and it's a lifesaver. That wedding was nothing important for right now."

Melethia pulled out her bow and drew an arrow, keeping watch on her side as they made the crossing. "C'mon, it's not that hard to get across, so hurry up. I'll keep an eye over here..."

Devon made his way over to the male, casting a small spell that caused the tip of his shortsword to light up. Soon enough, he met up with Akane, who looked like she'd seen better days. "I'm glad to have some help here, Akane? I think that was the name. If you can cover the hatchlings, I'll get the male."

bluecrimson:
snip

Sgt_Jakeman214:
snip

Altea pondered for a moment on Akane's running off. She didn't know Akane, or why she should care, but decided to run off after her to give any assistance she could. They were all allies in this after all, at least that's how she took it, I mean she did jump off an airship less than 20 minutes after she woke up unconscious on board so you can't exactly blame her for any lack of understanding. "well with all of this solved I do think it a good idea to go after the one with the fiery tails... being alone out here isn't a good idea, and there are strength in numbers." she then walks through the foliage to find Devon's glowing sword trick, and rushes past Akane, clearing a path to Aftan for her with blue, fiery breath, which the insects seemed to... "drop like flies" when they came into contact with. With steam billowing from her mouth and nose she then said to Akane. "If your going to get over there now would be the time." she then takes out her hammer and swats one of the flies which was moving to bite Devon. It gets crushed to the floor with an impressive *crunch*.

Time: Night

Kyre|Mark|Tajuh

Kyre got out of bed and tagged out Tajuh and Mark from their shift before climbing onto the roof of the small cabin. The trees above them parted to let the moonlight dance upon the falling leaves, the dark night sky was filled with stars, millions and millions of twinkling stars that each burned with the intensity of the sun. The lunar body hung high in the sky, small and lonely.

"This isn't the same sky I used to look up to is it?" she asked herself softly, the twin moons of Midas still hung in her memory, and the brilliant streaks of color that ran like ribbons through the blackness were absent here, "It's too boring to be."

The young Anti-Mage yawned and stretched herself out. The night air was cool against her skin, and the insects brewed a beautiful melody. She reached outward with her hand as if to grab the twinkling lights and smiled, "Kurumu, I wonder if you're looking up at this night sky. I wonder what you're doing. I miss you so much."

David West
David nodded in agreement with Slindis before they headed back to the camp-fire with the others.
He sat down and leaned back on a tree, his hands behind his head with a somewhat relaxed look on his face.
"...You know, I kinda like this....Camping I mean. Couple of friends, Us, the night and a fire, Take away the wildlife wanting us dead and add some booze....Yeah....That'd be awesome..." He signed happily.
"You've never went camping before?"
"Oh no, I used to camping, but that was in the "Isolated, Lining up a head-shot, wearing diapers" sense."
The women of the group couldn't but let out slight chuckles at the "Wearing Diapers" Part.
"....Fuck you." He laughed back with a smile.

Rugal Bernstein
After a few more moments of waiting, Ton Ton didn't return.
"....Right, Time to move out, It's getting dark. Either he's dead or dying, All I know is waiting here isn't getting us to the Temple." Rugal ordered before setting off, He was never too keen on that weird lizard thing anyway.
So he returned to hacking and slashing at the trees and vines in his path.

EDIT: Elena wasn't there.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 . . . 874 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or