The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 . . . 828 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Sunset | January 1st

Angelus | Caim | GabrielleKokoa | Jake | Kalastryn | Teri: Drop Group #1

Teri smiled and dusted herself off while she watched after her charge, "It doesn't matter if she's a vampire or not, Sadei. She's still Gabrielle, or should I say, Kokoa..."

The vampire looked at Teri with confusion, but shrugged. Obviously, if the brunette wanted to hurt her, she would have already.

"Feeling any better, Kokoa? You really had us worried there... Now, as to Akane... She ran off, but others are looking for her. No-one's going to hurt you, I promise."

Cadolbolg | Ton Ton: Drop Group #4 Team Cute Bruisers!

As they banked towards the red lights; the duo could see that the Knight Errant was recovered, but with a few more faces than anticipated.

Aftan | Alashi (Ella) | Akane | Devon: Group #5

As Ton Ton and Cadolbolg closed in, the group gathered heard a childlike voice coming from a pale blue light, "Hey, is everyone okay? We saw a lot of flashing lights, so we came to investigate."

Kokoa looked at the group that surrounded her, particularly Caim, Angelus and Kalastryn. Up until that point, they had only known her as Gabrielle D'arcangelo and she had only blown her cover as a vampire once to Akane and Aftan when she felt that it would be best to tell them the truth about her true self.

Looking at the three mentioned, she gave them a bit of a nervous smile before waving weakly...

"Ummm... hi?" She said, looking for the nearest exit... which she would have headed to if it weren't for the fact that she was still in utter pain from the burns, which were healing nicely thank you for asking.

"So I guess I owe you all an explanation?"

Kyre | Mark | Tajuh: Drop Group #2

Mark scoffed at Tajuh and his threats of ending the other Writers that had helped shape the world into what it was. He still didn't understand things from a different perspective... which was always a problem wasn't it.

"You're not looking at anything other than your own perspective. No one else's opinion of views matter do they? You, like Lucifer and God ... yes the Boss is God, have a small reference. You want a permanent peace. Do you know what that's called? Stagnation. Mankind has only progressed due to conflict or hardships. Do you think that the Puritans would have settled the New World if it wasn't for religious oppression at home? Would the creation of Nuclear Energy have even been possible without World War II? You think what we're doing it bad? Think again... sure we put them through pain... misery... death. But in the end you all come out for the better of it. Do you think Puce would have been happy in his village? Would he have met the love of his life it wasn't for the fact that M.Bison razed it? Would Elena have been with David without the Russian's being thrust into the conflict by Red Mage? Would Aftan have learned humility on her own or was it her DEATH that helped her see what it was to be humble... to be a true knight?'

There was a bit of a pause as Mark found himself ranting.

"Drama, conflict, pain, these are powerful stimuli and motivators. If someone is content with their life, they will never try to make it better. They'll stagnate... just like you, your boss, Lucifer, his boss... want them to. What if something not of our creation comes some day. Will you all be ready for it? Or will the lasting peace that you're asking for be worth it when you're trampled into the ground like so much dust?"

Okay... so that was a little over dramatic... but hey... he meant those words...

David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis: Drop Group #3

As David, Saya and Slindis talked, Elena reappeared from the forest and sat down next to David, leaning her head on his shoulders with a smile.

"Diapers huh? Sexy..." She said softly... as her eyes slowly closed. As she fell asleep, her hand fell away from a patch of blood that had soaked the inside part of the left thigh of her pants, though in the darkness, only those with the sharpest eyes could have seen it.

Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Rugal: Drop Group #4

The group trudged forward, following Rugal as he made enough noise to attract every forestland creature in a 10 mile radius. Clearly his brashness and disrespect of the woods would come back to haunt him sooner or later.

Aftan | Alashi (Ella) | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ton Ton: Group #5

Aftan continued to run towards the safety of the forest, running past Akane, past Altea and Devon. She was determined to find a spot safe enough to purge the poisons out of her system so that she would be more than just a damsel in distress.

"CLEAR!" She called out as she hit the relative safety of the woods, looking around her to get her bearings as well as recon the area for immediate threats.

Satisfied that there were no immediate threats, she sat cross legged in the middle of the dark woods, her eyes closed. There was a shriek in the wind as a light enveloped the Knight and the Sixth Phoenix tattoo took flight from the middle of Aftan's exposed back.

Alashi continued blasting away at the female Mimic-Roaches from the safety of the skies about the ruins, never considering the fact that roaches can in fact fly. At least she didn't know until she heard the fluttering of wings behind her and felt the sharp pain of a razor sharp blade like appendage ripping through the flesh of her arm and punching a hole in the membrane of one of her wings.

"Auuugh." She screamed loudly as she began to plummet from the sky.

Cadolbolg and Ton Ton... the Bruiser Cuties as Friend Teri would probably end up calling them arrived on the scene to see nothing but chaos. Knight Aftan had reached the safety of the woods. Friend Devon was fighting a rather large bug whose spittle seemed to cause the ground to smoke every time it dripped. Friend Altea and Friend Akane were fighting the Roaches with another lady that looked like Construct Sister Kurumu, though it was not her.

"Shall we join the fray, Friend Ton Ton?"Cadolbolg croaked. But instead of waiting for an anger, he started a dramatic dive towards the single Male Mimic-Roach, his mouth already filled with fiery spittle.

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri: Dmitri's Home

There was a bit of a frown that came from A.I. Vermilion as Dmitri revealed his feelings about her master and creator.

"I believe that you are misjudging his motives. He believes that he is bringing about evolutionary changes within the group. He wishes them to be the best people that they could be. He senses that some day, all this pain will pay off when the group encounters an evil greater than any they have faced thus far. He believes it will not even be caused by one of the current writers, but an outside force."

Disasterchild:
snip

Kalastryn shook her head at the supposed need of an explanation. Pointing to her horns with her tail in her left hand she said. "Believe me when I say I don't care what you are, if it makes you feel any better. I'll show you the kindness no one used to show me and acknowledge the fact that you certainly don't fit the part of bloodthirsty parasite. I've met, and more often than not, fought vampires that do fit that bill, but I figure myself a living testament to the philosophy that there are honorable people among all walks of life." she said seeming very little, if at all effected by Kokoa. "I'm just glad your burns are healing nicely... geez I just hope there aren't any more friendly fire incidents in the future." she said as she picked off the last of the dried blood from her face and hands... wow, how much did she bleed? There don't seem to be any cuts, but the blood is still there, which is evident from the crimson puddle Kokoa is standing in. "You needn't be afraid of me for simply being what you are, but if you feel the need to explain, feel free."

Disasterchild:
[quote]

Sadei chimed happily in Teri's mind. Yay, she's okay! She's okay! I kinda wanna talk to her, but I dunno...

Tajuh looked at the man, still frustrated that the man wasn't quite getting it. "So you think that your guiding hand will ensure everything will be perfect? This constant need for conflict only serves to inflate your ego. And I've seen the exact opposite before. It does work for a select few, but it's the exact opposite. If you really mean the best for these people - and that's what they are, not characters - try interfering less in their lives. And for how small my perspective is, I've seen a hell of a lot more than you have, so don't go on preaching to me. Or perhaps you can tell me how one would stop an apocalyptic scenario where everyone on the planet forms into a formless liquid, for an example."

Mark's words sounded nice, but they were ultimately hollow sounding especially considering the man hadn't even dealt with the multiverse in person for a year.

Slindis picked up on the scent of blood and moved over to Elena. "Elena, how long have you hidden this?" She took a closer look at the area to see how bad the damage was.

Melethia smiled. "Hmm, looks like there's a place for us to stay for the night. How about I take a closer look at it?" She focuses intently on the house, trying to notice anything off about it.

Devon jumped out of the way of the blast, proving to be an evasive little bastard as he slashed at the roach, getting lucky with a few deep slashes on the insect as Cadolbolg joined the fight. "You're with the rising Dawn? THanks for the help! Now then, let's see how we'll nail the sucker."

Devon cast Know Vulnerabilities! The enemy's weaknesses, resistances, and immunities are now known by the bard.

David West
"...Eh?...How long as she hidde-...." David stopped dead when he saw the blood.
"....What?...Aw crap, ELENA!" He said to try and wake her up, afraid she was going to bleed to death.
It took some doing by Slindis to clam him down.
"Dammit, must have cut something when we were running...Christ, Give it to me straight, how bad is it?!" He pleaded, his joking demeanor all but gone now.

Rugal

Keep an eye out. Nature Calls" Rugal said to Puce as he backed off for a moment to take a pee.

Not!Rugal
As Teri tended to Kokoa, she could have sworn she heard something:
"-Yes, took some doing but they are right where I want them. Viscus, bring the Airship back to AIM, that accursed thing has brought me nothing but trouble. Wesker, bring some men for stage 2-" said as voice that sounded extremely like Rugal's.
She wandered away from the group to a clearing and found the crimelord, decked out in a purple(?) suit suit was talking into his PDA.
"-Once I'm done on my end, They'll all be dead before they even know I betrayed them....Good, I'll call you back, Rugal out." He finished as he turned around with a set of eyes in his head.
A set that was now looking at her.
"Oh......well.....how long have you been standing there?..." he asked in a causal voice.

Rugal

After the crimelord wandered off and did his business, he thought he heard a sound of snapping twigs and leaves and readied a stance. There was a pause, and then a cry; "Mr Bernstein, Thank God!"

Rugal felt a force crash into him, and a pair of arms wrap around his torso in a vice like grip, the girl shaking in sobs, "We were attacked! My group was scattered by a hoard of terrible things and I- I-"

She shook a little more, no doubt out of sheer terror, and Rugal had realized that it was only Teri, if a bit shaken. With an awkward movement, the King of Fighters pushed the girl away, and... Didn't detect anything? Well, he could hear the girl's sobs clearly shaking her.

"Teri, er... Speak clearly. Tell me what happened? Where is your group?"

The girl shook her head again, her sobs still filling the air, "UWAAAAHHH! I'm so scared! I saw Caim go down from a giant cockroach! CAIM of all people! Please don't leave me alone..."

Not!Rugal

A laugh (that sounded far more like a gasp) escaped the tablet as Teri looked at Rugal in shock.

"Mr.. Bernstein?"

She tried to change the conversation to a far more sane topic; hoping she could stall for time as she tried to make sense of the scenario,

"Er... I just got here. I heard your voice and I... Well, when did you get here? I thought you were with another group. At least, that's what Angelus told Caim. Where did you get your eyes?!"

Unfortunately, her mind being synched with a Tablet did not bode well for hiding her quickly racing heart, or for the threads of doubt forming in her mind;

"He wants to kill us all. I shouldn't have trusted him. God, why? Why?!"

The Cartel Lord began to walk towards the girl, his eyes still fixed upon her, even when she was slowly stepping back, and slowly removing a bottle of water from her satchel...

"Let's do this!"

As the duo speed towards the cockroaches with vigor; they did not notice a shadow passing over them.

Time: Nighttime | January 1st

Angelus | Caim | Jake | Kalastryn | Kokoa | Teri: Drop Group #1
vs.
Not!Rugal

Kokoa looked over at Kalastryn and smiled a bit, a bit embarrassed at her current situation. Whatever the case, it was true that her wounds had almost completely healed by the time the woman had reassured the little vampire that it was going to be okay and she would be accepted no matter what her story was.

"To be honest, I'm not really that blood thirsty... it's only recently that I've started having a hankering for blood but only then, it's been from just one source. I dunno why though it's just that his blood tastes ... so good." The Black Knight Vampire said as she tested her legs before standing up.

"I should... probably... introduce myself, though Teri and Jake already know who I am. I'm Kokoa Shuzen, a vampire and a Knight... I guess you could call me a Knight, since my alternate personality is that of one." Kokoa said as she tied her hair back in two pony tails.

"I should probably also thank you for the blood... I'm assuming that it's your blood that you gave me?"

There was a bit of a pause as Kokoa measured whether or not she should be telling a stranger her whole history... or whether it should be saved until they were in a safer place. It was after all a very, VERY long story.

Ego? Please. Clearly Tajuh had no understanding of what Mark was truly about. But first there was the question about how to fix a liqui-pocalypse.

"Agar." He said simply, an absurd answer for an absurd question.

"Otherwise, create an A.I. in charge of scanning the entirety of the planet population, sort of like a planetary backup. If the planet as salvageable after the apocalypse has abated then restore the population back to its previous state before the event. This can be accomplished via a nano-swarm array. Otherwise, the data and the A.I. can be sent to a habitable planet where humanity can be restarted. Emphasis will be given to people who are able to restart civilization. Scientific minds, Engineers, Farmers, Military Personnel. It's simple and not unlike an ark."

Now there was still explaining to Tajuh what his vision was for this world.

"Look Tajuh. I've probably thought more about this than your writer's been alive. Sure you're up for a natural progression of the species while I'm a Forced Evolution Virus, but when it comes down to it, the Boy Scouts are right. Always be prepared. You never know what's out there... and I'm sure YOU don't know what's out there."

"Also... you should know that I know that they're people. I gave birth to them ... I released them into this world... and I sold my soul to Lucifer when one of them was critically injured. When I die... I'm going to be one of you... except I'll be in Hell."

As Kyre looked up at the sky and wondered aloud what Kurumu was doing, she heard a beating of wings that grew closer and closer until the sound was right on top of her.

"Woohoo hoo! Hi Kyre!" A familiar voice said landing right next to Kyre, looking at her with through purple eyes before the Anti-Mage was pressed against the softness that could only be Kurumu's bosoms.

"Miss me?"

vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

Elena was still passed out, a smile on her face as she continued leaning against David. Despite the amount of blood, Slindis discovered that the bleeding was not as bad as it looked, however when the wound was examined, it was discovered that there wasn't one wound but 5 small cuts running in parallel on the inside of Elena's thigh.

She'd been cutting herself.

"Wow. That looks like it hurts. Don't you think Devon?" Said an unfamiliar voice coming from above the group.

As the group tracked the source of the voice, they saw a woman, curvy and filled with sex appeal, not unlike Kurumu. However unlike Kurumu, her hair was blonde and her eyes were red, shining brightly even in the darkness of the night. A Succubus... that traveled in the company of a Human.

"Looks like she's been cutting herself. I hope she'll be okay." The woman said, a note of concern in her voice.

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

As Puce, Kurumu and Melethia waited for Rugal to finish his business, there was a rustling noise behind them that seemed to be headed in their direction. Remembering that they were in enemy territory, the trio prepared for the attack.

"SLINDIS?" Puce exclaimed as the source of the noise revealed itself.

"Slindis! What are you doing here?" Kurumu asked as she saw the Drow Paladin.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

So... yeah... about the male bug. It would have been a challenge if it weren't crushed under Angelus' heavy foot.

"Mother! Father! They have joined the fray and defeated the male." Cadolbolg croaked as he banked over and hovered in front of Angelus, giving her a friendly nuzzle as was his habit.

"Mother! I though that you and father were with Friend Teri and Friend Jake. Where are they?" The former turtle asked, his curiosity perked.

Alashi impacted the ground roughly next to Devon, the sting of the bug's attack having knocked her from the sky. The Succubus rubbed her arm slowly as she watched the new comers interact with each other. It seemed like they knew each other.

After a few moments, she turned to Devon.

"Well... I guess since you're safely out of Hell now, we can part ways. I'd tell you it was fun but... I'd be lying."

N.A.

Rugal
....Something's wrong with this picture.... Rugal thought, but Teri sounds like she was in a bad state.
"Alright...Now listen to me: Caim is a lot harder then you think. It'll take a lot more then a mere cockroach to take him down. So here's what we are going to do, We are going to get Puce and Kurumu, They are going to help us and we'll get rid of the cockroach. Understand?" He said, the writer nodding as she sniffed.
"I understand. Thank you Mr. Bernstein"
Rugal smiled and lead the way the way towards the others, holding her hand as he did.

Not!Rugal
"...I'm guessing....Too long..." The self proclaimed Lord God said as he advanced on Teri.
"I was hoping we'd settle Later, Was going to be a wonderful party, Wesker, Bison, Viscus, Bruiser. Oh the fun we could have had..." He smiled as he advanced closer, his massive frame becoming more and more apparent.
Teri soon found herself backed up to a tree as the man in Purple knelled down to come face to face.
"Don't be like this, You know full well what kind of a man I am. Mmmm....Bruiser went into great detail about what he did to you, what he would've done to you. And I have to admit..."
An unsettling grin appeared on his face.
"...Some of them sounded rather fun..." He finished as his hands glowed a blood red as he brought up his slashing aura.
"Try not to bleed too much....Mm?"
As Rugal was talking, Teri poured the bottle, giving her a moment to escape.

Time: Night

Kyre

The Anti-Mage smiled happily and threw her arms around Kurumu, "I did... I missed you. I never should have left alone." Her hands snaked along Kurumu's skin until she reached Fang's cold hard hilt. Kyre was crying now, this girl had been like a mother to her, seen the depths of darkness with her. Yet, at the same time Kyre couldn't recall how she knew, but she did.

"I love you friend Kurumu," she pressed deeply into the Succubus' chest, "I won't leave you again."

The strike was fast and hard. Kyre was a good meter away, and Talon was in her right hand, leaves rained down upon the two as crimson droplets filled the air around them, the Anti-Mage's eyes were crazed, and her toothy smile shone in the blue moonlight, "I'll make sure you'll never be able to leave me either!"

Kyre had cut off Kurumu's wings, and covered herself in the Succubus's blood. She gripped Talon with both hands and charged forward, intent on severing all of Kurumu's limbs.

---

BlackHarte

"Coffee with lots of caramel and sugar is really the best," he sighed to himself, slinking back into his chair, "I wonder how the young master is doing..."

vs.
Not!Rugal

Sadei yelled in Teri's mind. Teri, it doesn't matter what he tries, I won't allow it! The silver staff seemed to give itself just enough weight for the author to defend herself, and a light steam began issuing from it.

Tajuh laughed dryly. "That could have worked were it not for the main group that was to be defending the planet wanting the destruction. But you think Devon is my author? You really do? You're sadly mistaken, as he only penned the Eberron children. From what I've done, I'm certain we'll be seeing plenty of each other in the afterlife. And you know what? Considering the fact that it's all held up as well as it has, I'd do it all again. I'll gladly be the man that does what needs to be done if it will ensure the safety of the whole."

The man had shifted off of his ranting to a tired tone, not wanting to deal with the man that had such corrosive ideas.

vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

Slindis turned to the succubi with what could only be her author after casting a few Cure Light Wounds on the cuts, glaring at the two after Elena's cuts were mended. "It's not enough that you have to destroy my home with your writing, but you also have to consort with succubi that are as horrid as you are? You sicken me."

The young man held his hands up in a non-threatening manner "Now hold on here, Slindis. You were reunited with your daughter, weren't you? Sure, I had to work with Lucifer to do it and spend some time at his to do so, But I'm looking out for you. C'mon, David, back me up here."

Not!Devon is casting Charm Person on David! He has to roll a 10 or higher to avoid the spell.

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

The Paladin nodded. "I was aiming at rounding up the groups that were split up by the fall. I've already reunited with Teri, and the two of us have set up a small campsite. Would you mind following me?" Melethia ran off to her mom, waving the group on. "C'mon, guys! My mom's been out lotsa times. I'm sure she's already got something really awesome set up!"

The Paladin smiled to herself mentally. Even if she couldn't get them all, she could take them apart one by one into the ambush Teri had set up.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Devon shook his head. "Hey now, all of this without knowing each other's names? Plus, I'd kinda like to stick with you and see why you weren't supposed to be in hell. Is that so much to ask for?" He went over to her, hoping that she'd stick around for longer.

Rugal

The False Teri leaned happily against Rugal's arm as she was being escorted back to the group, her sniffles lightening up as they walked, "I'm glad I found you, Mr. Bernstein. I don't know what I would have survived if it wasn't you I found. You're super strong and everything... Hee hee!"

Were Rugal able to see, the girl's face was a bit red, "Er... Forget I said that! Hee hee. You've even done well, despite the ponies. Hmn, makes me wonder... Did it change Everything when you were sent to that hellhole? Was it good penance for some of things you've done? I'm sure Tomoya isn't too happy about that power drain you did to him a while back. Maybe he got some of your crazy."

Rugal looked (HA) towards the girl in confusion, "What did you just say?"

Teri smiled again, "You heard me Mr. Bernstein. Maybe Tomoya got some of your crazy. Maybe that's why I like being around you; I've been told I got my own brand of crazy... A shame though. If you were a bit younger and I was a little older, things would work a little better between us."

That was when Rugal Bernstein felt something literally and metaphorically hit him in the gut; as a sharp piece of metal was jabbed in his stomach.

There was a distinctly cruel cackle, and "Teri" said, "I suppose like your ponies, you're all whinny and no bite! Hee hee hee! Get it?! Ah, such a shame... The good ones always die young.. You're like wine, you know? Perfectly aged~!"

That was when the metal was jerked from his stomach; and the sound of it coming was quickly upon the Fighter.

Not!Rugal

The Water Elemental appeared quickly to it's shaken Mistress, and caught the impact of Rugal's strike in it's hands. The Fake!Rugal was stunned at this development, to the point that Teri was able to break away and open another water bottle on the ground, causing another Water Elemental to raise from the ground. As Rugal fussed with the first Water Elemental, the second slammed into the Fighter from behind.

Teri would have ran for it, but sheer shock and terror rooted her feet to the ground. Bruiser. The bastard was involved with Bruiser. The girl couldn't take this. The betrayal was bad enough, but the mere mention of that monster, as well as ALL that Rugal implied was too much.

"Sadei, I think I'm going to be sick."

"Don't just sit there, use magic! Or did you forget that?!"

Teri shakily held her hands up at the command by her staff, and moved them in a practiced motion,

"Of course... My Lord, My God, Calamity befalls me. Please, send your Divine Justice upon the one who brings me ill."

At the end of those words, a ghostly Longsword appeared, and began to attack the Fake Rugal as well.

Alarms ran off the charts as Teri's vitals appeared in the book in Dimitri's hands. With a deep frown, The AI's eyes flashed as different protocols of emergency were activated.

"This will have to wait, Vermilion. Teri is in extreme danger! ALL MESSAGING HANDS, TO ME!"

Several books appeared around the butler as they floated around Dimitri; messages of SOS being sent out to various PDA holders. Ironically, Rugal Bernstein's absent PDA was on that list.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Angelus bowed her head, and said, "They were captured by natives. We came looking for any who could come with us to help them. I even heard the both of them were going to be sold as breeding stock if we didn't hurry..."

Caim only remained mute; his eyes piercing the group even moreso than usual.

As Cadolbolg cavorted about his "Parents", Ton Ton looked at Caim in confusion; a familiar feeling of anxiousness filling him, and he whispered to Cadolbolg, "I don't like this... Something's wrong."

vs.
Not!Rugal

Spotting Teri wandering off, Jake followed. He could only watch in horror as Rugal showed his true colours, attacking the young girl. But she came back, managing to summon two water elementals. Tough, but they would not be enough. Jake tapped Caim on the shoulder and ran off towards Teri, sword drawn and ready for the charge.

"Teri! We're coming!" he shouted as he ran in.

Teri held her staff up and spoke words that Jake ignored, as he saw an opening from Rugal knocking back the first elemental and then being hit from behind by the second. Jake's sword glittered light blue in the twilight as he swung it from low to high in a massive gutting swing.

Rugal blocked it by grabbing the blade. A trickle of blood ran down it. Jake grinned and followed through, impacting against the King of Fighters and simply stopping.
"Oh shit."

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Akane breathed a sigh of relief at their save by the Pact duo, immediately sheathing her sword and running over to Aftan. She waited fretfully for Aftan's Phoenix to heal the Knight. It had someone else to heal as well.

Rugal
Rugal stopped instantly at the mention of his time spent...in that place.
But things quickly took a turn for the weird as she kept talking.
...What the hell did Bruiser do to this ch-UGH!!?
His train of thought was derailed by the blade that dug itself into his gut.
This combined with the other wounds was a fatal combination.
Blood starting pouring from the stab wound as he dropped his staff and fell onto the ground as the imposter stabbed him again, this time in the spine.
"YOU.......SPINELess....WHORE!" He shouted in pain and anger before Fake Teri pulled the blade out again.
"Tee-hee-hee..."Spineless" HAHAHAHAHAAH!
A small blot of rage fuelled his next move, grabbing the Fake's leg and pulling her to the ground.
He was able to get her in a Ankle Lock hold and began twisting her foreleg, hearing a good Snap as he rotated it 360 degrees.
Something told him to ease off the leg, he didn't listen.

Not!Rugal
"Indeed." The Lord of Fighters said before grabbing Jake by the neck and lifting him several feet off the ground.
A quick smirk later and Jake found himself flying towards a tree, impacting with enough force to cause it to uproot.
Turning back to the Water Elementals, he merely said "Kids, eh?" before casually blocking and dodging their swings and attacks.
"Come on, REALLY sock it too me this time!" He taunted as he allowed one of the guardians to land a hit, right in the face no doubt.
"...That all?" He remarked before he returned the favour, hitting with enough force to cause to revert back at a puddle for a moment.
He was merely counting down until they disappeared.

David West
David was more concerned for Elena, but when Devon spoke....
"....He kinda has a point, Slin...I mean...A lot of us have questionable pasts..." He said as he walked beside his new friend.
"But the Past is the past...Right? Come on, He's sorry, right?"
It was rather clear that something was done to David, Elena was still out and yet his mood changed completely.

vs.
Not!Rugal

Of course... just as she was about to tell a story, something had to happen. The sound of Teri's chanting could be heard in the distance, though it seemed a bit more muted that it would have given the distance.

For her part, Kokoa could tell that something was wrong... and given that she had just had a run in with the False Aftan...

"I guess the story's gonna have to wait. I think we're under attack again." The Vampire said as she grabbed handfuls of shadow and balled it up in her hands until she had one very large, very over sized spiked hammer. She missed Ko-Bat sometimes... even is he was a perv.

"I think that Teri girl's in trouble..." She called out to the other as she charged recklessly towards the sound of Teri's struggles.

Hmmm... Do what needs to be done to ensure the safety of the whole.

"If you're willing to do whatever it takes, then we're not so different you and I. Look... despite the control that the other and I have over this dimension, we're still human. That means that my time is limited here and I want to ensure that after I'm gone, this place keeps on going. If that means that I do what I need to in order to ensure it's prolonged existence, then so be it. We're both determined to see this thing through... to see it survive and thrive. But at this point, we're at a stalemate as to where we see things going."

There was a silent pause in the air as the words hung in the air... and then it was shattered by a noise that came from the roof.

"Ugh... Kyre. You think we should check on her? She's probably howling at the moon or something."

Kurumu backed away slowly from Kyre, still smiling as she felt the spots on her back where her wings had once been. She looked unphased by the pain that she must have been in however as she licked her fingers, cleaning them of her own blood.

"Kyre... if you wanted me to be more like you, then all you had to do was ask." The Succubus said as the nails on her right hand extended into claws. Reaching back to her tail, the succubus grimaced slightly as she amputated her own tail.

"You know we're a lot more alike than you know. I know that you enjoy the taste of human flesh while I enjoy the life force of men. We can't deny what we both are, predators and so when I realized that you were just like me, I felt relief that there was finally someone on that god awful airship that understood what I want. Not even Puce can share that with me." The now mutilated succubus said, stepping forward with open arms towards Kyre.

"I'll never leave you as long as we share this together..."

vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

The Succubus stepped forward in defense of the the man that had saved her from Hell.

"Now listen here! He didn't have to save me but he did. Lucifer told him that I didn't belong down there and who are we to question him? I think you're being too hard on him... It wasn't him that made you abandon your daughter to her own devices while you were out trying to save the world. It wasn't. That was your choice... you should be thankful that you even have a daughter thanks to him." The Succubus said with a challenging smile on her face.

"Now... why don't you concern your self with your friend instead of your anger... unless you're one of those fake Paladins that go from town to town whoring themselves out for a few coppers.... unless you whored yourself out in other ways too." She continued as she looked down at Elena and touched the wound and brought her finger to her lips, smearing a bit of Elena's blood there.

"Or maybe you should just forget the past and spend more time with your kid."

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

Puce and Kurumu looked at each other and shrugged.

"Why don't you wait for Rugal and I'll follow Melethia, love. I'll come back to find you after they've shown me this campsite." The Succubus said as she gave Puce a kiss.

"Don't think that I haven't forgotten about the other night. Even if this place is creepy, we can still make the best of it." Kurumu said as she walked off to follow Melethia.

Watching his lover leave, he stood there for a moment... and then another...

"Hey! How long does it take to pee? Slindis says she found a camp site!" Puce asked Rugal, unaware that the man was in any danger.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Aftan's system had finally been purged of the poisons that had left her groggy and disoriented. It took a moment but The White Knight's eyes finally adjusted to the darkness of the space.

"Akane?" Aftan asked hesitantly, "Is that you?"

Cadolbolg looked over to his rider in disbelief for a moment.

"There's nothing wrong. They're Cadolbolg's parents. Why would you think that anything was wrong?" The little dragon asked as he approached his "Father" and prepared to land on his shoulder.

There was a bit of an eye roll before she simply shrugged. He did help her out of a tight situation.

"Alashi. Alashi Rockwell. But I prefer Ella if you don't mind. I don't know what my parents were thinking giving me those combo of names. It sounds like the name of a retarded Bond Girl."

The A.I. simply nodded and observed Dmitri in action. For her part, she had already sent the alert to her master. Knowing that he was already fully aware of the situation at hand and the existence of the Not!s

vs.
Not!Rugal

Jake groaned as his vision swam. "Oh fuck that hurt. Shit, Teri!" Jake struggled back to his feet, glad to not have anything broken, though his ribs hurt from their earlier break in the Rising Dawn. Making his way over to Teri, he took a defensive stance in front of her and looked back at her. "You've got some offensive magic right? Anything I can do to help, or is keeping Rugal away from you best?" he said, keeping an eye on the King of Fighters ahead.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

"AFTAN!" Akane cried, falling to her knees before the White Knight. "I thought we'd lost you, then you attacked us, then I killed the fake you, but I burnt Kokoa, oh Gods we have to get back you have to help Teri heal her oh Gods I burnt her so badly in my rage oh Gods how can I be forgiven!" The distraught Kitsune babbled with tears flowing fast down her face. She jumped to her feet and grabbed Aftan, dragging her back towards Kokoa.

OOC~Ladies, first - I think not Captcha, bitches be trippin'! Get back in the office and make me money bitch!

vs.
Not!Rugal

Teri gasped as Jake was thrown against the tree, but gave an inward sigh of relief as he stood back up and asked a question. "Give me a water bottle! DIVINE JUSTICE, HAVE AT IT! Elementals, Rise!"

As the blade jabbed at the fighter and the elementals rose to attack again, tears ran down the girl's face as she began to chant in a language not known to any but the Divine (Celestial) and a dog appeared by her side. The creature was beautiful, and looked similar to a golden retriever; but it's fur was more of a glowing medium brown. It growled at the being before it, and Teri said through her sorrow; "Caramel, SIC EM!"

The dog growled, and it's teeth began to glow before bounding between the Water Elementals and jumping towards the King of Fighters with it's teeth bared.

Teri too, had her teeth bared in the assault, and choked out of the tablet, "I fixed you when you were as broken as I was! I didn't mock you for your infirmities! You promised me my safety! I WAS YOUR EQUAL! I TRUSTED YOU! WHY?! What is possessing you to do this?!"

Angry static erupted as a scream of ferocity tore from it; and the dog's teeth dug into the Fighter's Leg.

Thankfully, the sound of footsteps heralded the oncoming arrival of Caim and the others...

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

The mad laughter of the girl did not cease, even with her leg broken, but she frowned for a moment when she remembered what Berstein said to her, "Aw, I'm not your type, huh? But "Whore"..? Now that's just cruel! You shouldn't talk that way to a lady! I WAS NEVER A WHORE! THAT BASTARD WANTED ME TO BE! BUT I SURVIVED! Not like you did, Mr. I-Have-Backup-Bodies! When I'm through with you, you'll wish you could go back to one!"

And with her shaking arms, she moved to plunge the blade again.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Caim frowned at Ton Ton, and said, "Awfully presumptious for one so small. Do you not care about the Author? Do you want her to be taken away and never seen again? Then come with us, for we shall save them!"

The dragon laughed, and said, "I'll even let the rest of the humans rest in my claws for protection..."

Lights flashed on and off as the girl outside waged magical war with a Fake; her storming emotions threatening to blow the place sky high if Dimitri wasn't watching over everything so carefully.

vs.
Not!Rugal

"Water bottles in me webbing belt right in front of ya!" Jake said as his attention returned to the fight. He felt weak just standing there, letting the Elementals do all the work, but he was way outmatched against Rugal. But if he could even delay the King of Fighters for but a moment against Teri and give her time to flee, he was doing something worthwhile.

"Gods give me the strength to protect her..." he muttered aloud.

He nodded. "How about we agree on the goal, even if the finer details are areas we may disagree. If you'll excuse me, I'd say that checking up on Kyre would be a good idea. I don't trust this forest one bit, and there's already been attacks by clones. There's nothing stopping attacks from others."

As he walked outside, he saw Kyre and Kurumu embracing. "Mark, head outside. Either option for what's happening out there isn't good."

vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

Devon grinned as he talked on. "No, she wouldn't. After all, she's to scared of what would happen if her daughter saw her mark. Oh wait, You didn't tell them yet, did you? David, are you comfortable with allowing a person who's attached to cutthroat mercenaries tend to the woman you made a deal with Death for to reclaim? If it would bring her home back, she'd make a deal with anyone to do that. Maybe even the Hammer Empire. Did you do so much to have a self-righteous bitch sell the woman you love for her own selfish desires?" The small smirk grew as he looked to David for his response.

Slindis began drawing her blade, slowly growing angry at the man. "Who in Khyber are you to say that, you callous bastard?! You're the one that caused the destruction of our home!"

He laughed at the indignant response. "Oh, did I? I was just sitting comfortably at home when it was destroyed because of your inaction. But wait, you're the knight. Clearly you can do no wrong...Besides that time you let your brothers and sisters in the temple die. Or how about that time that you ransacked the holy place of your religion? Or maybe it was heading back to that same area you lost your brothers and sisters and throwing the events into motion that caused your planet's destruction?"

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

As they made it deeper into the forest, Slindis touched her left arm, causing a dense fog to coat the area which made it difficult for Kurumu to see. "I'm sorry, Melethia."

Melethia was confused by this and tugged her mother's leg. "For what?"

Before the girl had a chance to react, Slindis horribly skewered her with both rapiers. "This."

The young girl let out a sharp cry of pain as the drow twisted the rapiers around, making sure that the acid and frost got into as much area as possible before she ripped the blades out. The stench of blood couldn't be smelled by Puce from this far, but Kurumu could easily smell it.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

He gave a genuine smile. "It's a great name, and I really do appreciate you helping me so much, even if I did guilt trip you. How about we check up on the two that just landed?" Devon made his way back to the group, playing a small melody on his guitar as he did so.

Rugal
Rugal felt the blade cut his shoulder and the cries of pain reached Puce as he made his way over.
"....Go....to...helllll...." He managed to say before he passed out, a bloody wreak on the ground.
It was around this time that Puce found Teri trying to free her broken leg from Rugal's hold.

vs.
Not!Rugal

If footsteps heralded the arrival of Caim and the others... they did not give away Kokoa's position as she leaped from the shadows towards Not!Rugal.

"Surprise asshole!!" The Vampire screamed, a glint of madness in her eyes as she swung the black spiked mace... one that was as tall as the Faux-Rugal... and swung for the bleachers.

Mark took a step outside as Tajuh requested... pausing as the cold of the night caused him to shiver.

"Tajuh. It's cold out here and that girl is crazy. What in the hell could be so wrong right now that you ... have... to... drag...shit." The Dramatist said he looked down on the ground where he saw a set of batlike wings coated in coagulating blood.

"So either Kurumu or the new Succubus was around here... and they're hurt" He thought to himself as he looked at Tajuh... and followed his gaze to the roof where he saw Kurumu in an embrace with Kyre.

"This isn't going to end well is it."

vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

As Devon worked on to twist the metaphorical knife in the drow's gut, Ella worked on Saya...

"Well aren't you the pretty one... so full of yourself. So in need of attention that you butt your way into every conversation. I would say that you're compensating for something... but you know.. they have surgeries for that now aways." The Succubus said as she pulled on the Siren's shirt and looked down it, but before Saya could respond, Ella was back on the offensive.

"Jeez. Look at those... smaller than Slindis' morals." She said laughing as she looked at Saya in the eyes once more.

"Hey Devon! Do you think that Slindis actually remembers them, her brothers and sisters that is. I mean she's been away for so long that she's probably forgotten about them... or maybe she was just so embarrassed of her mark that she figured that it would be better to let everyone die, rather than there being a chance that anyone letting her secret out. What do you think she'll do if Melethia finds out? Do you think she'll act all motherly and try to explain things... or do you think she'll sacrifice the brat the next chance she gets. Just like she'd sacrifice everyone on this hill now that they know what kind of person she is." She looked back at Saya.

"Hon. If I were you, I'd blast a cap in this grey skinned bitch before she takes all your hard earned treasure. You did hear Devon right? She ransacked her own temple to get out with the goods. Is that the type of person that you want on your team?"

"I won't... but then again... Slindis... you know that this bitch here is out for herself and only herself. What's going to happen when you get in her way?"

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

Kurumu stood there for a moment frozen as Melethia hit the ground, her wound smoking from the acid and steaming from the frost effects of Slindis' blades.

Blinking hard, as is she couldn't believe her eyes, she rushed over to Melethia, leaving a trail of Phantasms that charged towards Slindis.

"Get her out of here Mistress" Ku cried as she and Ru grabbed Not!Slindis' arms while Mu and Bazooka Girl grabbed the fake's legs.

"We will see this traitor gets what she deserves." Mu said as she and the other struggled with the insanely strong Drow.

Puce broke through the brush...

"Teri? When did you get here and why ... Rugal? What happened?" Puce asked in confusion at the scene.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Aftan gave her Kitsune lover a strong hug as she and Akane prepared to rush back towards where Kokoa was... at least they would have had Aftan's Phoenix of Elemental Air tattoo started shrieking as it imparted knowledge to Aftan.

"It says that... Kokoa is okay. But they're in danger... as ... as are we! Master Caim? Mistress Angelus?" The White Knight muttered as she turned to look at the Mistress and her rider, he eyes seeing the terrible truth.

Time seemed to slow as Aftan raced towards her true team mates, her mind hoping that it wasn't too late to save them from the false images that she sensed before her.

Cadolbolg smiled as he settled on his Father's shoulder, looking rather comfortable as he nuzzled his father as well. Clearly the stress of the day was getting to Cadolbolg's rider.

As he prepared to settle in for a nap, his eyes caught Friend Aftan running towards them

"Look, friend Aftan is coming to greet you!" Cadolbolg croaked to his "Father."

Ella nodded and started heading towards the couple, taking note that they weren't the only ones going to great the dragon and her rider. Nearby, they saw Aftan rushing to see the Dragon.

"Look at how excited that White Knight is to see the Dragon and its rider. Are they lovers, that Knight and the Rider?"

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

"Wait what? Aftaaaaaaaaan!" Akane shouted as she ran after her partner. Something did definitely feel wrong about the Dragon and her Rider's spirits...

"Angelus and Caim are fakes! Evil spirits of the forest! GET CLEAR!" the Kitsune shouted to everyone as the realization hit her.

Tajuh looked again at the situation, quickly trying to break down what was happening. "Mark, split them apart. Either Kyre's lost her mind or something else that's very wrong is happening here." Mark saw that the man was stretching, getting ready for combat again.

vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

Slindis was drawing her blades more, aiming at attacking the succubus. "Who the hell are you two to say those things?"

Devon laughed as he continued. "Oh, she'd try apologizing, but it wouldn't do a bit of good. After all, she is a freak. And you know the best part of this? She can't kill me, because she'd be killing herself and her daughter by doing so! Goddamn, I love it when a plan comes together. Don't you, my dear?" He whistled a small little ditty as Slindis tried her best to contain her fury.

"Devon, We're done here. If you escape here, I will hunt you down. And although I may not kill you, there are an incredible amount of ways that I can make your life completely miserable. I think I'll start by getting rid of that succubus there." Slindis charged Alashi and stabbed in the same motion with the speed of someone that's fought for years.

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

Melethia was nearly lifeless as Kurumu rushed her back to where Puce should have been with a nearly blank face of shock. The wounds that Slindis had delivered were grave, and Kurumu knew she couldn't hold on for a good deal of time without immediate medical aid. "...why?..." The young girl's feeble plea was crushing, and it was filled with a mixture of disbelief and despair.

Meanwhile, the Drow flicked her wrist to stab the two holding her arms in the faces, and they loosened their grip for long enough for the well-trained paladin to break the grip and jam a rapiers through the eye socket of Mu, flicking the wrist a few times to thoroughly destroy the brain. "Succubi, you feeble tricks will not work on a knight that's lived their entire one hundred plus years on the battlefield."

Slindis was outnumbered two to one, and from how easily she killed one of the illusions, it was clear that this made the fight almost fair.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Devon nodded. "I'd say more of close friends, although I've never been good with picking up on this sort of thing." He made his way to the rest of the group when Akane called out her warning.

"Fakes, then? I'll take a look and see to make sure about that." he focused on the two, detecting a strong aura of magic around the two.

Devon casted Detect Magic.

vs.
Not!Rugal

Teri did as she was directed, and grabbed a bottle of the stuff from Jake, and dumped it out on the ground; causing another Elemental to be born. Sending after it's siblings, the dog and the Divine Sword, As well as Kokoa and Caim coming in for the charge; Teri could safely say that things were about to get messy. That didn't stop her face from being any less messy than the situation. Tears were flowing heavily down a red face contorted in anger and grief as she concentrated on keeping her spells up and running.

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

Before Puce arrived

As the False Teri twisted the knife and pulled it out the man's shoulder, and whispered to the fading man, "that's where you'll be going, asshole. Don't worry; your little friend will join you soon. It'll be fun hearing her curse your name as she falls from grace."

When Puce approached, the facade of the weak and helpless Author kicked in again, and she gave a gasp of relief, "Puce! Thank God! AH~!"

She weakly tried to get out of Rugal's grasp, but the "dead man's" grip held strong. Another sharp cry echoed from the fake's mouth as she twisted around, "Help me, Puce! He won't let go, even when he's passed out!"

As Puce moved to help Fake!Teri, he asked again, "What happened here?!"

Fake!Teri let out another sob of pain as Puce moved to free her leg, and said "I was separated from my group during an attack. I even saw Caim get downed by a giant cockroach! Anyway, I was able to escape; and I ran into Mr. Bernstein. Naturally, I was relieved, but then he attacked me! I've no idea what prompted him, maybe he something funny, I dunno; but I got a lucky shot in, and he fell. So... Well.. I... I..."

The girl broke into sobs again, "I didn't want to do it, but I was scared of what could happen if he got back up! I... I killed him! God forgive me, I did; most likely..."

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

The False Angelus frowned at the interlopers seeing through their guise so quickly, but did not fret. Instead, the red dragon spread her wings and took in a deep breath...

The False Caim, on the other hand, lightly patted his son, and took Ton Ton from his back, "You're a bore and an interloper. I hope you get roasted."

With a simple throw, the Tonberry began to fly through the air at uncomfortable speeds.

vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

Saya was observing the situations, not wanting to cause any trouble. Like she said, nothing was her business and as the group worried over Elena, she was eating a left over beef jerky. A bit heartless, but she has seen worse wounds inflicted before, physically and emotionally. Then a succubus and a man come along, bullying the group practically and this chick has the nerve to grab Saya's shirt.

Insults are typical, but when you get physical with her... well...

".. The f***? You stupid @$$ b****-"
As Ella was done speaking to David, she turn to insult Saya more until-

Ella was actually sent back, rolling a bit until she scrambled up with her nose leaking blood. As strong and perhaps swift as this succubus could be, Saya did what she assumed wouldn't happen. And it didn't stop there, Saya's eyes slightly burned a yellow with her tattoos lighting up yellow.

"First of all, who the flying s*** are you to come here, in our camp, and start drama? You're like one of those lousy @$$ girls at some f***ing high school, it's so pathetic and immature I f***ing pity your sorry existence. AND YOU."

Saya points at Devon, her eyes like daggers.
"Go ahead and mess with me, but don't you pretend to have the balls to insult a warrior like Slindis and bring up her personal past. I may feel like she's a b**** at times, but she's shown to be more capable of handling herself then someone who looks like a joker chocking on feces mother f***er."

And that's when Slindis charged at Ella.

Mark simply stood there, unmoving... unsure of what to do. For one thing there was the existence of the Fake!s. Another was the amount of blood that he had seen on the blood soaked wings on the ground.

"Are you sure you want to do that. It might be better if we just wait for this to sort itself out."

Ironic wasn't it... it was Mark who was pushing for intervention earlier but now he was settling for allowing nature to take its course.

vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

There was a laugh as Slindis charged Ella as well as an Amused style as she called out to Devon.

"Hey Devon. This girl wants to get feisty with me. You think I can takee her?" She said as she waited, apparently standing there and waiting for an answer. It came soon enough. There was a crackling of energy that traveled up and down the Succubus' arms, encasing them in what appeared to be armor. And still the Succubus stood there waiting... and then the real response came as she pushed the tip of the blade aside and allowed the Drow to come to her, where Slindis found her wrists bound in the vice like grip belonging to her new enemy. The pain did not last long as the Paladin found herself airborne, flying towards Saya.

"Bye bye." Not!Ella said as follow it up.. the crackling of energy returned... dancing between the Fake!Ella's finger tips ... before it was unleashed on both Saya and Slindis

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

Ku and Ru backed away from the Fake!Slindis carefully with their claws drawn, looking at each other in silent debate as to what do before once again running towards Slindis, this time one took the air as her arc took her and her boot flying towards the fake while the other attempted to stab her with 10 12 inch razor sharp claws.

"How dare you attack the friend of our Mistress and your own daughter!?!" Screamed Ku as she went in for Not!Slindis' guts.

"You're not Slindis... who are you?" Asked Ru as she closed in for the kick.

Even though the two Phantasms fought, they new they were outmatched. All they could do was but their Mistress more time to help out her friend Melethia.

The drow smiled and flicked her rapiers in the air... causing Ru to scream in pain as she dispersed into a flash of smoke, leaving poor Ku by herself.

"Even if you kill me... you'll not defeat the Mistress and her lover."

Kurumu was still cradling Melethia in her arms as Bazooka Girl followed behind her, carrying the Model 1216 Shotgun that was Kurumu's pride and joy.

"Hold on Mel. I'll find Puce and we'll patch you right up... and then we'll find out what the hell is wrong with your mom." The true succubus said comfortingly as she breached a thick wall of bushes.

"PUCE!!! MEL NEED HELP!!!" She called out as and found Puce trying to help Teri out of the grips of a bleeding Rugal.

"Kurumu? What happened?" Puce asked as he saw the unconscious Melethia in Kurumu's arms.

"Slindis! She went nuts and stabbed Melethia. She's still back there tangling with some of my Phantasms. But you found Teri!" Kurumu was excited by this... maybe Teri could help heal Melethia.

"Free Teri and I'll start helping Melethia out... Rugal's grip is pretty tight. It looks like he went crazy also." The Ener-Mancer said as he went into his back and pulled out a simple looking wooden cup that was filled with blood.

Looking at Melethia's wound, Puce splashed the contents of the Grail on the wound, hoping that it would be enough to help the betrayed elf.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

There was a sigh of annoyance as Ella jumped and unfurled her wings heading towards Ton Ton and caught him.

"Gotcha!" The succubus said to the Tonberry, holding the creature gently in her arms.

"Devon! What's going on?!?! I haven't met these people but they seem like a buncha jerks if you ask me!!" She yelled as she landed and looked towards the Dragon and her rider.

"If this is what you wanna call friends, I don't think I want to be one of your friends... you dig me?"

Disasterchild:

[quote]

Tajuh looked at the man. "Intervene. I know the one up there's real, and I highly doubt the real Kurumu would allow herself to be mutilated like that." He climbed up onto the roof, ready to fight the Kurumu he highly suspected was a fake.

vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

The Paladin contorted in midair, avoiding the blast and setting herself up for a roll when she landed. "Tira, guide my blades as I get rid of this succubus with your blessing."

Devon laughed at the chant as he began playing an energetic song. "You know she's dead, right? Because of your colossal fuckup, everything you know and care about is getting killed... including your own daughter, it seems. By your own hand, no less. Tragic, really, but that's what your whole life has been. Nothing but finding out how you can fuck everything up in every step that you take. David, would you kindly help my dear Ella get rid of those two? The fight could harm Elena if it continues, and it would be such a shame to lose her to a cutthroat harlot and a foulmouthed wench."

Although it was hard to tell, the fake Devon could tell that his words were affecting the paladin.

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

The way she was fighting was unreal, and the illusion accessed a memory off Slindis telling Kurumu her high rank as a Paladin. From the way she was holding them back, it was clear that she wasn't casually given this rank.

No, this was a Paladin forged in war. And the frightening thing was that she wasn't even breaking a sweat under the combined assault.

The splash from the wooden grail did little to repair the horrible injuries. It was clear that the chaotic energies of the rapier were heavily interfering with the grail's capabilities. Puce looked down at Melethia to see the face of a utterly devastated girl, and it seemed the girl was beyond crying as she seemed to have lost all hope.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Devon began playing an old song to help the group focus as he talked to Alashi.

"Hmm, both the rider and the dragon are basically all magic. It could be the forest picking us off group by group. You don't have to be like that. Hell, I hardly know them! Still, would you mind sticking with me until we at least get this done?" He was visibly concerned as the two began to focus in on attacking the group.

TheMehKingdom:
Titania: "This bag holds one thing, something you will need most at your most dire time. When that time comes, open it. And do not open it before that."
(Click on Meh for post)

Rugal Bernstein
This was it.
This was how it was going to end.
Back in his prime, he could take a few deep stabs, but his blindness and his wounds from earlier, it all added up.
He was fading in and out of consciousness, There was only so many times he could escape death.
So as Teri escaped from his grasp, it seemed that he man he met when he was 18 was finally righ-
....The bag! He thought as he fought back from death's embrace and reached into his pocket for the bag.
He undid the string on it, then for once, the empty bag had something in it.
His bloody hands reached in and felt what appeared to be a glass eye.
....No....th-this is.... He thought in disbelief as he examined it in his hands.
The Groves, the weight, the shape, It was what it was.
"....Feng....Shui...Engine!?...." He gasped in surprise.
Tears of joy and blood were shed as he stuck it in his right socket.
It rebooted and soon he began to make out the sky above, all though a red tint, but still, He had vision again.
He felt it power up, enhancing his power level, the pain fading away.
He sat up and gasped, his wounds hurt, sure, but he was now able to get back in the fight.
He picked himself up off the ground, looking at the bag still in his hand.
"...Like Magic....Heh...." He said as he stared at Puce.
"Puce, Listen to me, That...Is not Ter-...Melethia?....What happened?..."

Not!Rugal
Despite all his power and his skill, at the end of the day, the efforts of the team working in union with a combined goal soon acting against
By the time he got the dog off, Caim was in the air with his sword drawn and ready to take Not!Rugal's head off.
Despite bring his arm up to block, He soon found his arm cut clean off at the elbow.
This followed by a series of attacks from everyone else soon pacified him:
"...Damm..it....I didn't...even want to be this one......I wanted to be the dragon...." the imposter said to himself as he wobbled a little.

David West
David Nodded as Not!Devon gave his commands.
"Slin, Saya, Don't want to do this. Just Stand down before you force me to do something I don't want to do..." He warned as he pulled his Revolver out and took aim at the Drow and Siren.
For a moment, it seemed like his arm shook a little but he could regained his deadly aim and opened fire, 2 shots towards Slindis's leg and 1 for Saya's shoulder.

"Fine." Mark said as he started to move towards the top the side of the cabin and began to climb.

"You know... nevermind... I'm on my way up." The Dramatist said as he continued to climb and finally reached the top of the roof only to witness what he had seen on the ground but much much worse.

"That's... A LOT of blood." The Writer said as he pulled out one of the Custom Flintlocks he had created earlier. So what was the big plan? Separate them and then what? Kurumu was the perfect choice out here. Kyre was obviously in love with the Succubus and Kurumu could control any of them with Allure.

"I know that's not the real you Kurumu... why don't you back away from the Anti-Mage so that I can get the fuck off this roof? What do you say?"

What did she say? Well... one word.

"allure." The Fake!Kurumu said to Mark, a seductive glint in her eyes.

"Crap... not again" The man said as he looked at Tajuh, raising a pistol at the warrior.

vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

Not!Ella laughed at Slindis' prayers to her God as she took to the skies, her wings keeping her aloft as she rained iridescent beams of death on Slindis and Saya.

"You know... Slindis. It must hurt to know that you're not the one who's the pure of heart that's going to be the one to carry the Stone of Light against Tomoya. That'll it'll be one of these kids. All these years of being miss goody two shoes... only to have the truth revealed that you're not good enough to hold a rock. But you know... if you take care of Riki and Kud yourself... maybe you'll be good enough then." The False Ella cackled as she dove towards Slindis, a magical barrier in front of her.

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

"What... what in the? What do you mean it's not Teri, you son of a bitch. I don't care what it takes I'm going to see you burn for this you son of a..." There was a pause as Kurumu put her hand on Puce's shoulder.

"He's right... look at her baby. Slindis stabbed Melethia. That means that something is either driving us all mad or it's impersonating us." The Succubus said.

"It won't even let the Grail work to patch up Mel." Kurumu pointed out, noting that the wounds on Melethia's body were still bleeding at an uncontrolled rate.

"Shit." He cursed as he went through his bag and pulled out a needle and thread. If he wasn't going to be able to heal Melethia with a miracle, he was going to be that miracle.

"So... how do I know it's you Rugal and you didn't attack Teri?" Puce asked as he started sterilizing the needle with his powers while applying pressure to Mel's wounds.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

There was a grunt of dissatisfaction and annoyance as Ella agreed to sticking around a bit longer.

"You know... I've dumped guys for a lot less and we're not even dating. You better at least get me a nice drink after this... because shit-howdy... I need to get plastered after all of this." The Succubus said as she landed next to Devon and started scrawling a series of symbols on the ground.

A moment later a large crimson cage surrounded the Dragon and its rider.

(Writer note: Basically I'm going to do this until I'm done moving n etc. We won't move forward in the arch until it is over, but I'll still be posting. So characters can join in this or not. Your choice. :D)

- Shaun~

Riki & Kud.
Location: Corrupted Forest/Jungle | Corrupt Temple of Light | South America.
Time: Night.
Weather: Raging lightning & Light rain.

Before the whole group was confronted why the clones, the couple RIki & Kud were resting in an area separate from the group. They had thought it was a good idea to set up a tent near a scenic spot overlooking the area, though the clones were not the only problem that were around.

"Riki, is this the tent?" She asked, the two had obviously not had gone camping before in the wild, but they had set up a tent on a hill behind their school so they could test the water rocket they had made for a competition. "Ah yeah, that is it. Doesn't this remind you of that summer?" Riki asked a question back to her, Kud thought for a while but a energetic smile had appeared on her face.

"Ehehe, it does." She lightly chuckled. Riki was making a small fire to cook their food on, but a group of locals were spying upon the younger girl and eventually took action. They slowly crawled out from the foliage near them and gagged Kud, she couldn't say anything as she was scared for her life. The corrupted dark warriors of a nearby collected her in a bag before they jumped off the cliff and into a lake below it. The splash was the only thing Riki could hear.

Rushing towards the cliff the only thing he could see was a group of people running off with a bag. He came to the only conclusion, "Kud!" He yelled after the group. A angry scowl appeared on his face as he pulled out the gun but did not open fire due to the hostage. Riki did the only thing he could, he jumped off the cliff and fell into the lake hoping for the best. The only remains of them were an unopened tent and a small fire.

Riki crawled out of the lake and began to follow the kidnappers which were almost far away, but not too far. The anger from within Riki fueled his goal to get her back, but the tribes goal is the temple itself.

Dark Tomoya..
Time: Early Morning.
Weather: Cold and cloudy.

Tomoya stood in the center of the town by a large bonfire, he hugged himself due to the cold as he ate some stew he found in one of the houses. The scythe he had used was good but broke after the last time he used it, yawning Tomoya threw the empty bowl into the bonfire. "This fire smells like chicken!" He yelled out loud. Surprisingly no villagers heard him or came out. Turning around Tomoya could only see the large bonfire made out of all the villagers as they were crackling like burnt chicken.

"Oh... that's right." He chuckled as he looked around at his handicraft. The houses were filled with the blood of their owners and even Tomoya was covered in the red liquid. "Time to move on... maybe a diner?" He laughed as he grabbed the sherif's car keys in his post and left the town quickly because the bonfire was spreading and eventually burning the whole village, leaving no evidence of the slaughter.

The car head south towards the center of America. Rock music started to play as Tomoya equipped a nice pair of sunglasses. "Nice..." He simply said before he sped off on the nearest highway.

"How perfect~"

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

The Fake Teri balked at Rugal's burst of strength; and did her best to scuttle away from the truck that was Rugal. "Good God, how are you still living! Puce, do something, before he does something to us!"

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Ton Ton hugged the lady as best as he could without gripping her breasts and said, "Thanks! I thought I was done for! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks something funny's going on here!"

That was the truth; but it became all the more apparent when the dragon's breath of fire expelled out onto the grass, the fireball destroying anything that touched it.

Not!Rugal!

After Caim cut off the Fake!Rugal's arm, and the fake bemoaned it's fate, everything hung in the air for but a moment, but the warrior called out, "FINISH HIM!"

That was enough for Teri to finally tip over the edge, and her ensemble of elementals, dog and sword went together for the final assault; with the blade of the divine sword dealing the coup d'tat via decapitation. After the fake's head hit the ground, her spell-creations slithered back to their mistress and surrounded her as she slumped to the ground and curled into a little ball.

The dog licked the girl's face before disappearing in a poof of light, the three water elementals blubbered in Aquan before returning to their respective water bottles and the sword saluted it's summoner before disappearing with the dog. However, despite not being physically hurt, the girl looked the worst from that battle.

Rugal
Rugal looked right in the imposters eyes as tried to think of anything that could prove she wasn't who she said she was.
"......Bruiser says that Next time, He's going after your whole damn family. And He'll make sure you get a front row seat and a DIY Manicure...." He flatly said, the normal Teri went mad at even the mere mention of Bruiser, so a imperfect copy wouldn't react as much.
He silently prayed this would work so they could worry about Melethia's condition.

Rugal

The fake Teri winced, and said, "Ew.... That's really messed up. Thanks, Rugal, I needed that. Look, just get away from me. I can't believe you even talked to him."

Despite the fact that the Fake was playing off the statement and being non-nonchalant, she clearly looked paniced at the sight of the man getting up and walking again. Her constant attempts to back up were no aid either.

Rugal
Rugal smiled as the imposters ruse was revealed.
"....Now, the Normal Teri would be a sobbing wreak right now..." He said as Puce and Kurumu saw though the fake's act.
".....Puce....No, Please....Don't look at me like that! How can you believe him over me!?" The copy pleaded, hoping to retain her cover.
Rugal merely walked over, towering over her size wise as he laid a hand on her shoulder.
".....I have one question: If you are a copy of Teri, can you use Cleric Magic?...My friend over there, Melethia, She needs help."
The imposter didn't even bother using the Tablet anymore "....Go to hel-URK!?!."
She was cut off by Rugal using his Slashing Aura to slit her throat, the body falling lifelessly to the side.
"...Puce, that's how you know I wasn't lying..." He answered as he walked back by Melethia's side.

bluerocker:
The A.IM Team

Despite the best efforts of Inuart and his Men, the Mech soon managed to push them back out of the building into the desert night.
Viscus had gotten the data he needed and was working on erasing all traces of his being there.
"Sir! I got an idea! That Turret! You break the ice on that, we might be able to use it!" one grunt said as the others began prepping X-Factor shots just in case they needed them.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 . . . 828 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here