The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 . . . 875 NEXT

Diablo1099:
Hmn, which one's Mr. T?

"Good thinking, soldier, now come with me! I'll defend your path to the turret!"

And defend he did, throwing waves of ice after the mech to slow it down some while the soldier made his way to the turret. The stuff was thick; so he (the soldier) began to attack at the turrets icy cover while Inuart continued to distract the mech.

bluerocker:
\O_O/

"SIR! YES! SIR!"
"Great! Just the thing I wanted to hear before I die!"

The Soldier did as he was told, chipping at the ice with a knife and was soon joined by several others.
The Mech itself was now out of the building and being sprayed in all directions with gunfire, having little to no effect.
The ice blasts DID slow it down though, but the operator took note of this and refocused on Inuart, opening fire with his twin RPG launchers.

Diablo1099:
"Oh gods, really?!"

AIM Soldiers

Inuart gulped as the missiles shot straight towards him, and decided that a good defense would be far more productive at the moment instead of offense. After all, he was just playing bait for his soldiers to be able to use the Turret. But this was where Inuart had the benefit of speed on his side of the conflict; and used that to his advantage. He would take his time in dodging about the machine, and trying to hit it from behind to loosen a bolt or some other related bit of machinery. That did not seem to affect the machine, but if anything; it allowed his magic to recharge between blasts. Realizing that his attacks would do nothing; Inuart leaped onto the mech, and landed on the top of the damn thing. He would have stabbed through the glass, but a jerk from the mech made him hold onto the thing for dear life.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Nighttime | January 1st

David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis: Drop Group #3
vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

Seemed the punch to Ella's face didn't phase or bother her, which seemed unusual but it only followed up with Ella trapping Slindis, and Devon saying more typical insults. But, David shot a bullet at Saya's shoulder which of course, depleted her shields for a bit, making the Siren ticked off more.

At that time, Saya was having her emotions surface, the tattoos and her eyes glowing more yellow, brighter. And of course, Saya wasn't holding back her anger .. she took advantage of it in fact for when Ella was flying down to strike Slindis- Saya was in the air with a very fierce expression, her body swayed with a leg stretched out.
"I've had enough, of YOUR BULLS***!!"

Ella was able to block in time crossing her arms, but the kick was strong. Made the succubus land with her legs sliding against the dirt, while Saya landed pulling out her pistol and began firing at Devon and Ella.
Despite that they were handling themselves, Saya was more then happy to contribute to these little chats they've been having.

"You guys just won't shut up, it's more annoying then anything on this god d*** planet. I'm going to be dancing in your chest cavity if you don't just shut the f*** up already." A few more shots were deflected, making Saya put away her pistol. Seems that wouldn't be enough to take care of these two.

She only did that though to let their guard down, as Saya then did a phaselock on Devon. He was floating in the air, arms and knees bent as his mind was sent to view the universe itself, the effects healing everyone in the party very slowly, enough so that Elena's cuts were slowly being healed too.
"I'll just start with you, because f*** you that's why." Saya wiped out her shotgun, and this shotgun was some rare loot she picked up. When she aimed, it shot 6 barrel rounds at the same time which hit Devon, though it didn't hurt him very much.

Ella just laughed, but before she could say anything the bullets started to beep.
"Oh yea, those bullets aren't just to kill s*** .. it's to tear down solid metal walls."

The bullets exploded, since three landed into Devon his body basically took a lot of infliction, since you know explosion on the body tends to tear flesh and bones up. Blood splattered, his mouth mostly busted up and his body went limp as the phaselock ended, him falling to the floor. Saya was coming towards them, pumping her shotgun. But she also heard Riki call out Kud's name .. surely this was all going to heck.

David West
Once Devon was down, David snapped out of the trance the Not!Author put him under, exclaiming "What the hell just happened? I mean...I fired but....Sorry..."
He checked his M500's ammo, 3 shots were fired.
"Right....Who'd I shoot?" He asked, unaware of what he did under Not!Devon's influence or that Ella was still around.

Not!Rugal!
Jake let out a giant sigh as Not!Rugal was defeated. He sheathed his sword before falling to one knee, hand upon his chest. "Ow fuck that really hurts..." he groaned before glancing back at Teri. "Oh shit, here we go..."

Jake crawled closer to the crying girl, making sure not to touch her before lying up against the tree she was curled up under. "Hey Teri... Thanks for saving my arse. Your powers helped out so much in that battle. I'm only wondering one thing, how did Rugal get his eyes back? And why would he turn against us, he knows we need to defeat Dark Tomoya, wasn't he sprouting off that he was the only one of us strong enough to beat the archangel?" Jake said softly to the girl, coughing a bit as he finished. His fingers probed his ribs, but he couldn't feel any breaks. He decided he was still winded now the adrenaline had stopped.

"Why are we here Teri? Why did we enter the AA, rather than just force reset it from outside and be done with it? Ow fuck I hope I stop hurting in a minute..."

bluerocker:
snip

Kalastryn noticed something that wasn't right about the Rugal they had just taken down... she then asked Caim a simple question, but the reasoning seemed out of reach. "you can communicate with the dragon above us correct? Forgive me for asking but could you ask them to come to our current location, on ground level... I have something I need to test on "Rugal's" body... that I will be needing her help for. Or rather... a drop of her blood for." she said pulling out an empty vial no larger than her thumb. "You see, there is a certain spell I need, but I can't simply rest for a while and obtain it from a book or anything, I could only exchange the ability to cast one of my spells for another every three days... any more attempts could destroy me... with the exception of if I drink any quantity of a dragon's blood, then I can switch them at any time for the next 24 hours. I know it's a bit much for a stranger to ask you for, but keep in mind there is a very good reason for it." she said... then chuckled a little at the irony that they have a vampire in their group and SHE'S the one asking for blood!

Not!Rugal!

Teri shook a little and shook her head, "I don't know, Jake. I really don't know why he attacked, or why he said those terrible things, or why he could see! I don't know! It just happened so quickly, and the next thing I know, I'm calling up Water Elementals and swords and dogs and..... He wasn't kidding."

"'He wasn't kidding' about what?"

"'The first kill is satisfying' he said, right before we jumped here. And I think he's right. For just a moment, I felt strong and unstoppable when I cut off his head. I'm a little worried, Jake. What if that is a sign that I'm going crazy too?"

Her head remained buried in her knees for a moment, and then she said, "As for your second question... I kind of came on a mission. Right before we left, we were visited by Lucifer. It was really scary, seeing the Morning Star before me. He told me that we've been abusing resets, and that I needed to make sure we didn't use them wantonly. Apparently, according to him, I can keep people in check, or something like that; and even God believes in me on this mission... But that doesn't stop me from doubting me. I just killed a man out of spite, Jake. What morals do I have?"

Not!Rugal!

"Keep people in check... Yeah, you can. You're our morals, the guiding light I reckon. Rugal is a dangerous foe and even worse ally, don't feel bad we killed him. His eyes stood out, how did he get them back? Rigal ain't the kinda guy to hid that, it annoyed him greatly being blind, something's off there. That thing attacked you, that didn't hurt your morals to fight back, and don't worry about being crazy, we all are in some little way. And how many times do I have to tell you, little Teri? Believe in the me that believes in you, and you will be unstoppable! Even if I have to beat that into ya!"

Jake's hand dropped to the ground by Teri. "Hey Teri. When you get up, can you pull me up too? I'm still hurting from playing silly buggers with that tree..."

Caim frowned at the notion but relented, "I'll ask, but I cannot guarantee anything."

There was a moment of silence from the warrior; to which we, the readers shall get a glimpse....

He looked back to Kalastryn when the conversation ended, and nodded, "She's coming, but it'll be safe to say that you will need to go back to the entrance of this clearing. She doesn't want to change to her human form until you collect the blood. Jake, keep a watch on things... Teri... Good job with the spells. You fought Rugal Bernstein and kept him from laying a hand on you. That is not a feat one can commonly attest to."

As the warrior and tiefling left the area, Teri couldn't help but feel another knot of guilt twist in her stomach, "Please don't remind me..."

However, Jake's musings about her being a guiding light made her laugh, "PFFT! You gotta be kidding me. But... Mr. Bernstein was my friend; even if was kind of a jerk. I guess I kind of latched onto him because he promised not to hurt me when I was having a freakout and thought Bruiser was on the ship. He didn't treat me like I was going to break, even though I had plenty of issues to go around. And during shifts in the Med-Bay; I will admit I enjoyed the company..."

She sniffed a little, "Maybe it's safe to say that I hoped I could bring out a little bit of good in him every once in a while. Everyone has a little bit, I think. Even Bru- No, that'll be a maybe.

You know how much he fakes being tough? It's crazy! The man was as stubborn as a mule; even after getting beaten to hell and back. So... Yeah. That's how it was. I mean, what should I have expected? Him becoming a hero? I really am childish."

captcha: cheese steak

Damn am I hungry...

Character Sheet Repost pt 1

Our charactersheets have literally been clogging up the Front page of the group and causing it to crash. Thus, Me and Diablo decided that posting here, and linking to the post specifically will allow some of the clutter to be cleaned up.

Happy RPing.

Another Note: Poor Teri's spell list is getting cut off, so I'm splitting and reposting here.

Characters of bluerocker: Caim and Angelus, Ton Ton, and Teri

Color Codes for Speech:
Caim = Dark Blue
Angelus = Dark Red
Sword = #7C75AB
Comet = Indigo

bluerocker:
snip

as Kalastryn enters the clearing and Angelus descends into it, Kala bows her head and does a quick pin prick with a scalpel she took from Teri's medical bag, puts the vial to the extremely small wound, and then... bottoms up. she starts to glow very, very faintly blue. "thank you, if I'm right about this assumption then it could help with numerous similar situations if there are any."

and done. Again you have my apologies, anyhow, I hope this wasn't a waste of time and that I happen to be correct. making their way back to Teri and "Rugal's" body, she waves her hand and the body vaporizes in a plume of smoke. "I figured as much... the "Rugal Bernstein" you saw before you was an impostor crafted by the corruption's magic to deceive and destroy us. At least now we have a trump card against such an attack. Tell me if anyone is acting suspicious to you and I'll toss a dispel magic their way, If they don't disappear to oblivion, then they are the real deal." Kalastryn then looked to Teri "Your not childish by the way, Mr. Bernstein doesn't look at all like the heroic type. However, he'd probably never lash out at you as this impostor had, your right in your assumption that EVERYONE has good in them... except maybe Tomoya because that's why were here, but you get the point. she said with a smile to try and cheer Teri up a little.

Character Sheet Repost, pt 2

"A fake..? Well, I would be lying if I didn't say that was a relief..."

She forced herself up from the ground, helping Jake up along the way, and wiped her eyes, "Okay... Thank you Kalastryn, Caim, Angelus; for putting the matter at ease. I'm sorry you had to deal with me being, well... Me during that fight. I will try to remain stronger from henceforth.."

The dragon-turned-human rolled her eyes at the notion, and waved the girl over, "If what Caim told me was true, you are doing well as is. Come now; perhaps we should all rest a little before going on. I'll build us a small fire..."

The Cleric smiled at the thought, and tugged at Jake's arm, "Come on, let's get ourselves toasty..."

"Hey, we're in strange times kiddo. Any port in a storm, and Blind Rugal is a pretty strong port eh? Be you and never be anything else Teri. Ahh, thanks for helping me up."

And then Teri dropped her afwul pun.

"'Let's get toasty?' Oh gods thats hilarious, I'm holding you to that, hahahahahaaa!"

Sitting down around the small fire Angelus created, Jake pulled a small flask out and took a swig. He offered it to Teri first. "Glenfiddich scotch whiskey, best single malt out there. The flask is self refilling, and this might just ease your nerves. Oi Caim, do you drink Scotch?"

Kyre | Mark | Tajuh: Drop Group #2

Tajuh sighed and grinned inwardly to himself. If this succubus thought her Allure would instantly work on him, there was something that he thought could help with that.

"No hard feelings." He lunged and went for a strike on the same exact knee that had been horribly fucked up earlier.

vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

By this point, Slindis had had enough of this talk. When Ella was still recovering, she pounced on the succubus and pinned her to the ground with her offhand rapier piercing through the succubus' sternum like it was tinfoil for the resistance that it provided. "You have no right to be saying those things, whore. Now go back to hell where you belong." If Saya looked over at the paladin now, she would see the unbridled fury that was coursing through the knight.

Meanwhile, Devon coughed weakly as he bled out. "...good job fucking it up, shit for brains...now you just killed the knight and her daughter..." One last smirk was accompanied by the man flipping her off with both hands as the light fled from his eyes.

Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Rugal: Drop Group #4
vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

The acid from the girl's injury kept eating at the stitches being used to try and patch the girl up. "...was I not a good enough daughter?...Kurumu, I think you won the bet..." These were the last words she spoke before losing consciousness.

Slindis parried the feeble attacks from the succubus and pierced one lung with her offhand rapier while gutting the illusion with the second. "You'll be seeing your mistress and her lover soon." Having rid herself of the last problem, she made her way to the camp.

Aftan | Alashi (Ella) | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ton Ton: Group #5
vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

He laughed at her response. "I'll take you out to dinner after this, if that's what you want!" The song Devon was playing served to inspire all his allies that could hear it as he got a bit closer to Caim and Angelus.

Devon began to Inspire Courage in all his allies, making it harder for them to be scared or charmed and increasing their attack at the same time

Time: Night

BlackHarte | Armageddon | Nessaj

BlackHarte cross his arms and leaned back in his chair as he stared at the game board. Black and ivory pieces littered both sides. This was by far the most harrowing game of Chess he had ever played, and his opponent someone so intelligent that no human player had ever come close to matching his strategic intellect.

The Technomorph put down his hands on the table and laughed, "I concede! You got me! Good showing, shall we go at it again?"

Armageddon gave a gruff grunt and nodded his head, quickly moving his mouth to reset the pieces. Nessaj sat in the corner by himself, woefully stuffing his armor with what sweets he could find, evidently still overwrought with his sudden sense of insignificance.

Taking the time between games, BlackHarte looked out the airship window at the moon and the stars, "To answer your earlier question Armageddon, a maiden's heart is a fragile thing...

---

Kyre | Not!Kurumu | Mark | Tajuh

...it is something that jumps between states of affection, love, obsession, and hate. It's something best not toyed with," Kyre had dropped Talon to the ground when Kurumu promised to stay with her forever. And for a good while, Kyre was perfectly fine with that, to be lost in her warm embrace and smooth skin, to be around that tantalizing sweetness. It would have been an experience beyond pleasure. Her hands fondled the stumps of what were once leathery wings before dropping from them and to her sides.

"Allure...?" she said suddenly, pushing Kurumu away slightly so that she could see the Succubus fully with her emerald eyes, "...but I want you to myself."

---

Red Mage | Titania

Two Ragna Blades crashed into each other in the dark storm clouds over the temple of light. Chaos lashed out at each of the combatants. The wind blew furiously, and the sky wept acidic tears that burned the skin and eyes of both RM and Titania. Yet neither relented.

"Why would you think that little girl would help you with anything!?" Titania screamed over the roar of thunder.

Red Mage replied after pressing on harder with his blade of darkness, "Her love, I will exploit her affection for the Succubus. That will drive her into the Sea of Chaos."

"You know that love is a fickle thing, it has the power to persuade people into selfless deeds, but it also has the power to turn someone into a envious monster. Alas, it is just another roll of the dice, as is everything, and you bid thy hopes on...

---

Kyre | Not!Kurumu | Mark | Tajuh

"madness."

It tasted awful, her guts tasted awful. Soft, warm, and slick, they hung from her teeth like string and sinew. They slid between her hands, between her fingers, leaving the foul stench everywhere. Kyre chewed slowly and dug deeper... there was the liver, the pancreas, the gallbladder, the stomach and the intestines. Yet they didn't taste the same, not the same at all.

She bit down again and felt the soft meat spread warm blood through her mouth, bitter, salty, and not sweet at all. At most it tasted a bit like molten cream.

Then suddenly the cold night air hit her in the face again, her love had stumbled backwards, clutching her abdomen to stop her intestines from falling out any further than they already had. Yet she couldn't get far, Kyre had her hand tightened around Kurumu's womb, and her nails dug deep.

"You said you wouldn't leave me..." she swallowed, "I'll make it so we will never part again." Kyre looked up at Kurumu, her eyes dull, calm, and serious, "I will devour you."

Kyre rolls 17 for intimidation.

vs.
Not!Alashi | Not!Devon

"...good job fucking it up, shit for brains...now you just killed the knight and her daughter..."

Saya took her time walking over, and even when the man was obviously going to be dead- Saya stomped onto his head with little care. The way she did it though, was to put him out quickly rather then the urge to do so out of anger. "She'll live, and whatever becomes of her daughter is her responsibility. Right now, all I care about is to see you finally shutting the hell up. So sleep tight-" As the foot pressed into his skull a bit more, Devon was finally done with.

Saya indeed caught a glimpse of Slindis's wrath. That look however, brought Saya back memories, in which left the Siren to watch with a saddening look. That was me back then.. I haven't even changed much. But, not that long ago I was doing the same thing.
The Vault Hunter also noticed David being himself, as he commented about not knowing whom he shot. The look Saya gave him was enough to confirm which target he shot, as there was a bruise on Saya's right shoulder.

Saya walked over to Slindis, as Ella was pressed with her smile as wicked as beforehand, the knight putting more then enough effort to have her razor shoved on the other side touching the floor itself. A pistol was on the side of Slindis's head, Saya offering her the gun. "If you want her dead, just shoot her... torturing her like this is just going to piss you off more, like a crazy @$$ animal. Or use something to end it, because I believe Riki and Kud are in trouble."

bluerocker:
snip

Kalastryn felt comforted by the heat of the fire on such a dark night, not that lighting was an issue, but rather the weight of the mental burdens. Altea and Akane not having returned yet was on her mind, but even more pressing were the clones they had encountered... after all, if there was someone who looked like her screwing people over, it wouldn't spell well for her conscience knowing someone died assuming SHE killed them. then a thought struck her, surely if the jungle had been so wise to use such a trick, they couldn't be the only ones in this scenario. she got up from the group and said. "you can take your rests if you wish, but I figured since I could make myself so useful against these impostors, I should find the other drop groups and see if they've come into a similar scenario. If you think the impostor Rugal was bad... I've fought beside two of the people who were on the airship, and honestly, they could be a lot worse, especially if the jungle could mimic their equipment. then anyone who comes across an impostor of either of them would be Right F**ked!" she said as she started a quick, but alert and cautious stroll through the jungle towards group #4. After a long period of time she arrives to see Melethia unconscious and bleeding on the floor.

bluecrimson:
snip

she ran over to Melethia and asked what the hell happened. but it wasn't really any use considering she's unconscious. she could still feel some warmth on Mele's skin, signifying she's still alive she got up and wondered where the hell Slindis is, and more importantly who did this to her, she picks up Melethia's unconscious body and starts a haste filled walk back to Teri and the others. probably going to meet Caim and Teri on the way back, as she assumed they wouldn't let her go alone.

Around the Campfire

Teri shrugged, and took a small sip of the stuff. She nearly spat it out, but swallowed it all the same, the burning of the alcohol nearly making her gag.

"UGH! This is awful! How do you manage, Jake?!"

Caim smirked as he grabbed a sip for himself, swallowing the bit he drank like a champ. Nodding with approval, he handed the flask back to Jake, "Very smooth. I like it."

The little group sat quietly as the fire provided a bit of comfort, and then Kalastryn walked off after giving a spiel about their allies and saving them. With a slight sigh; Caim got up from the fire and pointed at Angelus, "You stay here and watch the boy. Aftan and Akane could return at any time; and we don't want to lead them astray. Healer, come with me."

The dragon gave a serious nod to her pact partner before he and Teri wandered after Kalastryn. As they did, Caim changed to Reaper's Scythe and prepared for the worst.

"How many of those water elementals or summons do you have left?"

"6. However, doing so burns my attempts at turning fire things or undead; and I want to keep the undead ones ready. So... Two."

"Anything else?"

"A shielding spell, the longsword, and two spells to create fog. But I burn the former two, I can't heal anymore; so I've been stingy."

Caim nodded, "Either way, you have use yet. Prepare that staff of yours. You're going to need it if you run out of spells."

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Ton Ton struggled to get a proper view of the Fake! duo when he saw Caim standing from the dragon. Readying his blade, he jumped high into the air, and was ready to bring his sword down on Ton Ton and Ella.

Angelus | Caim | Jake | Kalastryn | Kokoa | Teri: Drop Group #1
vs.
Not!Rugal

Kokoa looked at the corpse of the False Rugal, kicking it a few times before dipping a finger in the pooling blood that was spattered about the corpse like a Pollock painting. The consistency of the blood was a bit curious as it seemed to flow more like sap than blood. Even more curious was the scent of the blood. It did smell human... but there was an underlying scent of rotting flowers as well, as if Fake!Rugal had ingested a dozen dozen bouquets of flowers before he arrived.

Sighing to herself, she wandered over to the clearing where the campfire had been built and Jake was in the middle of getting drunk with Caim.

Checking the group, she took note of Teri, the Writer/Cleric who had tried to save her life, though in an admittedly naive fashion. She also remembered what Akane had said about the girl's propensity to vomit after being touched...

Approaching her slowly, with arms in the open, Kokoa looked at the girl directly in the eyes, a hint of kindness surrounded by the typical madness.

"Umm... Cleric Teri? Are you okay? You look a bit nuts..."

Takes a nut to know a nut, Kokoa, takes one to know one.

Even as Mark's finger started squeezing the trigger if the flintlock pistol shaped Railgun, Tajuh could see that the Writer was struggling against the Not!Kurumu's mental commands.

"Tajuh... I'd really appreciate it if you retreated. Really... I would." Mark said as the pistol trembled in his hands and discharged. There was a loud wave if sound the screamed past Tajuh's head, as the projectile hit the sound barrier and blew it away.

However, rather than striking his ally directly, the projectile belonging to the Charmed Dramatist grazed the Hell out of Tajuh's cheek. Of course... that's when Tajuh decided that he wanted to wreck Mark's knees again!

"Oh...shit... really?" The Dramatist said as he felt his body tense and jump over the low strike, performing a back flip, which his body had never done before, and landed on the roof.

Not!Kurumu rolled a 20 against Intimidate

"Kill him Mark! Kill him! Do it and I'll make your fantasies come true." The Blood soaked Succubus said as she continued holding Kyre close to her chest.

There was a bit of a crackling sound underneath Mark's feet as the roof buckled underneath, sending bits of it as well as the whole of the Writer, raining into the Cabin.

"ow." Mark muttered as he found himself on the ground floor of the cabin... with bones jutting from each of his shattered legs.

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..." Yup... the typical reaction of a man who just realized that his legs were shattered by a fall right before he passes out from the shock.

"There there Kyre... We can be together forever... I won't let anyone take you away from me." She whispered into the Princess if Prybat's ears, ignoring the pain that she was in... as she stepped back towards Kyre, her claws extended from her right hand... intent on burying themselves inside Kyre's brain.

vs.
Not!Ella | Not!Devon

As the New Succubus closed in on Slindis, laughing like a banshee on Nitrous Oxide, there was a flash of light as she was impaled by the Paladin. Curiously, no pain registered upon the Succubus' face as she looked at Slindis, her wings beating against the ground as she attempted to free herself.

"Listen you little C**T... when I'm through with you... you're gonna wish you died with the rest of your world." Not!Ella ranted as she braced all four of her limbs against the ground... and forced the blade to cut through the lower portion of her body.

The newly freed Not!Succubus spotted her downed partner and rushed to him... her entrails dropping all over the open ground as she plucked him up and sped off into the night.

"See you soon..." She called out before she blinked out of existence.

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

Puce watched the death of the False!Teri from his position of applying pressure to Melethia's wounds, his eyes opening slightly at the death of someone who he had almost aided. The lessons taught to him by Dillon and Tomoya returning back to him doubly as he took in the feeling of betrayal.

"Perhaps if you were more trust worthy we wouldn't be in the position that we find ourselves in Rugal. Perhaps if your power mongering didn't drive you to attacking me, we wouldn't find ourselves lacking in the trust required to work as a team." Puce spat those words as he reached into his bag and pulled out some healing salves, bagged blood and sodium bicarbonate.

"Puce! STOP IT! Work on helping Melethia... NOW! Rugal! I have a Phantasm keeping Slindis at bay at the moment. Help Ku. She doesn't have long."

As the fight to save Melethia started, the fight to stay alive was ending for the Phantasm known as Ku. Her battered body landed hard against the jungle floor as Not!Slindis landed a brutal strike against the summoned Succubus.

Looking up, she saw the Drow Paladin standing over her, looking down upon her, a smile on her lips.

"AAAUUUUUUGH!!" Ku screamed as Not!Slindis lifted her to knees by her blue hair and placed her crossed rapiers on the Succubus' shoulder.

"So sorry mistress... So sor***"

As Puce witnessed the dissolving of the sutures, he grabbed the baking soda and threw a liberal handful into the wound, the resulting reaction causing the acid and base to fizzle as they neutralized each other. Applying another handful, he attempted to keep the acid from spreading any further while Bazooka Girl started the blood transfusion.

Of course... when Kalastryn picked up Melethia's unconscious form... there was definitely going to be an issue.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!?!?" Puce called out as he watched Kalastryn disappear into the woods."[/color] Kurumu in chase.\

"Kala! Stop! We need to get her stabilized before we can move her!!!" The Succubus screamed, surely bringing the attention of Not!Slindis.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Cadolbolg looked at the scene from his "Father's" shoulder in outrage as his "Mother" commenced her attack on their friends.

"Mother!! What are you doing?!?" The small dragon asked as he tried to launch himself off of Not!Father's shoulder, his taik swishing back and forth in anger and confusion.

It took a moment but Cadolbolg was able to launch himself into the air, his wings beating quickly as he tried to talk some sense into "Mother."

"Mother! Please stop! These are our friends!!!" Cadolbolg pleaded as he watched Father attack Ton Ton and the new Succubus.

Deep inside his body, the bomb which had never been removed clicked to life.

BOOOOOOOOM!!!!

For Ella's part, she saw the coming of the warrior and dropped the Tonberry, sending him crashing towards the ground. The telltale cracking of the crimson energy that she had control of wrapping her arms in armor and as Caim's blade came crashing down... he found himself staring in the eyes of the Succubus that he was targetting.

"Bad move Mister. I don't even know you but I can tell I'm not going to like you." Ella said calmly as she attempted to snap Not!Caim's blade.

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri: Dmitri's Home

The Red Hooded A.I. observed as the signs of distress within Dmitri's home started to die down as the crisis outside in the world had been averted.

Looking at the Butler, the vermilion A.I. returned to the overstuffed chair, her face now calm, and spot to her companion.

"We were speaking of something before we were interrupted. Forgive me but in this limited form, I have already needed to purge my RAM, clearing out our previous conversation."

Time: Night

Not!Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Tajuh

Kyre rolled a 15 for Sanity Check

Kyre licked Not!Kurumu's sternum lovingly before biting down through her flesh and bone. For a human, her teeth and jaws were remarkably strong... monstrous even. The blood streamed down from her mouth and down her face, dripping and coalescing in a dark spreading pool across the dusty roof.

As she chewed through Not!Kurumu's chest, the Succubus placed her claws on the back of her head, preparing to press those claws through her brilliant red hair and end the creature's pitiful life. Then she lost all the feeling in her arms.

The thing about trying to endure pain for an extended period of time was that eventually you lose the ability to recognize new pain. Everything just blended together eventually, and while Kyre was burying herself between Kurumu's chest, her hands had snaked from her abdomen and pushed aside much of her internal organs and found their way to her spinal chord. It was simple to break her spine, and sever all her connection with the rest of her body.

Not!Kurumu's body fell limp and collapsed backwards onto the ceiling and Kyre fell onto of her, working her merry way toward the Succubus' fragile, still beating heart. Then Kyre raised herself from the wreck of a body and smiled, "I knew you weren't the same... you taste too much like shit. Too much like a beast." Yet the Anti-Mage placed her hands on the Succubus's chest and parted it forcefully. A sickening crunch later, her heart and lungs were exposed to the cold night air, and the beating of her heart quickened in pace. Working away behind the soft velvet of her lungs. "Yet all the same, I want you..."

Kyre smiled and cupped her hands around the beating heart before lowering her mouth to it, "(I hate liars.)" It was a final farewell in her native tongue before she bit down into the doppelganger's heart, tearing a hole in the tough stringy muscle and letting the blood flow out of it and into the open chest cavity.

The Anti-Mage merely sat there afterward, covered in the hot blood and staring at the broken corpse that lay before her. The moonlight skies above began to rain, not the cold harsh rain of a winter's night, but a warm rain, as if the sky was crying. For these teardrops from heaven above mixed with Kyre's own as they washed away the blood of the mimic, leaving behind only the smooth white skin and shattered bones.

Then she collapsed into it's broken embrace, crying.

Angelus | Caim | Jake | Kalastryn | Kokoa | Teri: Drop Group #1
vs.
Not!Rugal

Teri gave Kokoa a blank stare for a moment and stuttered, "Excuse me? Look, I understand I broke down back there, but I had just thought I killed somebody important to me! Sue me if I get a little upset!"

Clearly, she was still a bit on edge after the incident with the False Rugal; which led Kokoa to wonder why the girl cared about the Cartel Lord so much. He was a dick, at least in Kokoa's eyes.

Caim only shook his head in disdain, "Look, little vampire, Kalastryn wandered off. If you're here to help us find her again, that'd be great. Otherwise, antagonizing the Healer will slow us down. Are you here to help or not?"

Back at the Campfire

Angelus played with the fire with a lazy finger, making the flame swirl and dance at her will as Jake silently sipped his drinks. After another moment of being idle, the dragon looked up from her work and asked, "Is that beverage particularly strong? I'd hate to see you lose your life due to drunken impairment..."

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

The false Caim gritted his teeth as the blade in his hands disappeared, and he fell to the ground. His pact-strengthened legs were used to the distance; so his landing was not painful. Calling in a new sword to his hands (Red Fear), he pointed at the Succubus with furrowed eyes.

"Come and get it, whore."

The last thing Ton Ton saw before hitting the ground was the explosion of the metal turtle beside Angelus' face. Yellow eyes widening in horror, Ton Ton screamed for his fallen friend, "CADOLBOLG! AUGH!"

When ground met Tonberry, Ton Ton gasped in pain as the drop left him seeing stars. However, like all of their race, Ton Ton was resilient. Although he ached, nothing was broken; although he couldn't move properly, his muscles were fine. But the pain remained all too clear for the little creature. He watched helplessly as the false Caim and Angelus began attacking his allies.

"I gotta move... I gotta move..."

That was when a dark chuckle and a large shadow towered over him. The false Angelus had moved her immense head over the little lizard, and grinned with nasty pointed teeth, "A snack... How convenient. Try not to struggle too much, it'll only make it worse."

As the maw moved down over Ton Ton, the lizard gripped his knife carefully as the tongue snaked around him and began to lift him into her mouth. When the jaws started to close, Ton Ton's plan came to action, and he drove the knife deep into the Dragon's Tongue. An unholy shriek filled the area as the beast began to shake it's head from side to side in pain.

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri: Dmitri's Home

"We were speaking of something before we were interrupted. Forgive me but in this limited form, I have already needed to purge my RAM, clearing out our previous conversation."[/quote]

Dimitri shook his head, and kept his attention to his books, "Pardon my course language, but it is irrelevant for the moment. Her vitals are picking up again. She has not completely recovered from the shock of that event..."

With a sigh, he said, "Forgive me... My home almost comes crashing down on me has made me a little testy. Speak."

After seeing Kyre killing the woman, Tajuh went and picked the princess up along with the dissipating body of the false Kurumu. "There you go, dear... Just let it all out." Since the clone was eliminated, Mark was freed from the allure and he could see the bizarre sight of the relatively callous man doing his best to be a father figure to Kyre.

David | Elena | | Saya | Slindis: Drop Group #3
vs.
Not!Ella | Not!Devon

Slindis took a great deal of time to calm down after the two left, but from how Saya crushed Devon's skull, it was clear that he was dead. So why was she still alive? There was an eerie silence as the paladin wiped her blade clean and checked her leg armor, which had held up under the shots.

"...someone check on Riki and Kud. NOW!" David might be able to mistake this as Slindis barking orders, but Saya could see that Slindis was putting on a mask that was starting to crack.

vs.
Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

Puce could see that even with the stitches there wasn't all too much that he could do. If nothing else, he could see that the illusionary Slindis knew how to kill. By far, these were the worst injuries that he had seen in a long time.

However, when Kalastryn tried to run with her, the mere act of being grabbed caused the girl to thrash around, reopening the stitched wounds and causing her to fall to the ground. And the scream had drawn the Fake Slindis' attention, and she came over to the group looking like she was on a nice jaunt instead of having destroyed three of Kurumu's illusions.

"For harboring multiple succubi and the murderer of millions of humanoids, I sentence you all to death. Make your final peace, because this will be over swiftly." Puce luuked into Slindis' eyes and saw absolutely no remorse in them, only the ice-cold stare of someone that wasn't going to stop until she slaughtered each and every one of them.

vs.
Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

When Ton-Ton stabbed the mouth multiple times, she roared in pain and thrashed around, causing the blood and spit soaked Tonberry to fly out. Devon saw the little guy that was a bit dazed from the thrashing and picked him up to give him a pep talk. "Come on, Ton-Ton, you can do this! I understand that fighting those two doesn't feel right, but think of Teri. What would happen if they were to attack her? If nothing else, think of that. I'll touch you up, so let's get this done." The stuffed warrior noticed that although he wasn't repaired, the man had cleaned him up which bolstered his morale a bit.

Devon cast Prestidigation! It can do many minor effects, cleaning up Ton-Ton in this case.

Rugal
Rugal watched on at Puce and Kurumu tended to Melethia, it was clear she didn't have much time left.
Then Not!Slindis appeared and a plan formed.
He shook his head at the copy and tutted lightly.
"You want to know what I find strange? The fact that for all his power, all his men, all his ego, Tomoya would rather kill innocent people rather then look for a challenge. It was Tomoya who made you, was it not?" He asked as he stepped between the fake and the group, trying to draw aggro away from them.
"Still, a fight with a rather poor imitation of years of training and experience would be a better fight then anything your so called "Master" could ever provide." He taunted as he cracked his neck.
"Show me everything you have to offer...." He finished before motioning for the imposter to "Bring it".
As per tradition, Combat Music!

Rugal and Not!Slindis

The paladin laughed dryly as she layered multiple defensive spells to mitigate the damage of elemental effects and make her harder to hi. "Oh, Rugal Bernstein. Is it not enough that you're envious of the gods, but you have to lust over the abilities of their servants as well? No matter what you do, to me you'll always be that crotchety old horse that I first saw in the Everfree Forest on one of your many attempts to escape. You relied on me to aid you then, so how should being a human change the inevitable result?"

She began the fight with a few rapid thrusts of her rapier, aiming to force the brisk sh*thouse to the side so he could pick off the people that he was guarding - including the mortally wounded Melethia. From what he saw, Slindis hadn't been lying when she had said a bear would be no problem for her.

Drop Group #2: Kyre | Mark | Tajuh vs. Not!Kurumu

Indeed, Mark was moved by the sight of Tujah doing the best he could to comfort Kyre. As he laid there in a puddle of his own blood, his shin boned jutting out through his knees, Mark couldn't help but feel partially responsible for the actions of the day.

>>get status.aa.team.risingdawn

As A.I. Vermilion reported the current stats of the others, Mark frowned. They weren't the only ones that had been hit. Melethia was down for the count... with Not!Slindis on the way to finish the job as well as take out Puce, Kurumu and Rugal. Not!Angelus and Not!Caim were rampaging... and well... it appeared that there was other stuff going on as well that he wasn't even about to touch with a 10 foot pole.

>>set self.hp 100 | restore movement | noclip

*CRACK!*

And just like that the Writer had healed the wounds that he had sustained and as he gently float up through the ceiling, he landed next to Tajuh and Kyre.

"Uhh... Kyre. Kurumu's still alive. She's still out there. It's gonna be okay." He said as he rez'd in an umbrella and covered the gruff man and the crying girl.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis vs. Not!Ella | Not!Devon

Elena's eyes fluttered open as she heard Slindis bark orders at the group. She had been passed out from the self-inflicted wounds throughout the whole ordeal and was not witness to what had transpired. The signs of battle were everywhere though... the blood, the holes in the ground, the scorning of plants and trees.

"What... happened?" The Soldier asked as she got up quickly and looked around, not spotting either Riki or Kud.

"Slindis... what happened?" She repeated.

Drop Group #4: Caim | Kalastryn | Kokoa | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Rugal | Teri vs. Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

Kokoa frowned for a moment as Caim challenged her intentions for asking if Teri was okay.

"Look... Mister Swordsman. I'm just checking on the status of someone who tried to help me, okay? If she's broken... then it's best that we get her to where she needs to go before she breaks down all the way. Trust me on this one..." The Vampire said as she looked up directly into Caim's eyes.

"Besides... I'm sorry if I come off as a little bit rude but you sure are treating me awfully well for someone who just found out that his team member has been hiding something for well over... how long have we been part of the same team?" She said, with a puzzled look on her face as she scratched her head for a moment... before shaking off the distracting thoughts.

"Sorry... I've just been burnt to a crisp and blew my cover because I was fighting some sort of fake. Forgive me if I come off as a little antagonistic."

As Not!Slindis made her appearance, Puce stopped, setting up to act as backup for Rugal, despite his feelings towards the man.

"Kuru. You go with Melethia and Kalastryn. Rugal and I'll take care of this imposter." He ordered as he pulled out his staff, twirling it as he prepared himself.

"Okay... you might think this'll be over swiftly, but you'll be dead wrong. And what the hell do you mean by multiple succubi?" Puce asked, clearly confused as he had yet to meet Ella.

Drop Group #5: Aftan | Alashi (Ella) | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ton Ton vs. Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Ella looked at the sword that Caim had in his hands and smirked as she joined her hands together, producing a pair of Kama in her hands that were linked to her wrists by a length of chain.

"Whore? You're awfully assumptive aren't you?" The Succubus countered as she twirled in a quick circle, using her centripetal force to lash out with the Kama in her left hand, followed by an upward slash with the Kama in her right hand.

"Besides... I'm not the one with compensating for something by riding a giant dragon into battle."

Aftan and Akane finally reached a position where they could flank Angelus as she kept focus on Ton Ton and Devon. Opting for the range, Aftan opened up on the Giant Red with her pair of Shrieker pistols that she had loaded with armor Piercing Rounds.

"I do not know what has gotten into you mistress but I must take you down." The White Knight yelled as she emptied the clips and quickly paused to reload.

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

The A.I. paused for a moment as she watched Dmitri attempt to stabilize his home.

"Perhaps there is something that I can do to assist you? I would hate to see the first construct that I have had a chance to converse with be rendered homeless." The Red Hooded A.I. said as she stood up and waited for instructions on what she could do to assist.

Rugal and Not!Slindis
"If that really was the case, Then why did you cast so many defensive spells?" Rugal smirked before the fight began.
Off the bat, He brought up his Slashing Aura and used it to parry her attacks, sparks flying on impact with his hands and feet.
The second he got a opening, he smashed a elbow into the clone's face to break her guard and go on the offensive, going with several sword-like swings of his arms and legs, switching up between high and low attacks in a bid to keep her guess and hopefully land another hit.

Drop Group #4: Caim | Kalastryn | Kokoa | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Rugal | Teri vs. Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

The second Rugal got a opening, he smashed a elbow into the clone's face to break her guard and go on the offensive, going with several sword-like swings of his arms and legs, switching up between high and low attacks in a bid to keep her guess and hopefully land another hit.

Meanwhile Puce advanced towards the Not!'s flank, hoping that the "woman" would maintain focus on the Crimelord. Crouching, Puce reached out with his mind and made a connection to Not!Slindis' life force and began the process of siphoning out what energy he could from her expansive energy reserves. Touching the ground, he channeled her life force and began manipulating the ground underneath the drow's feet, causing it to take on the consistency of quick sand, slowing her down and throwing off her balance. while ensuring that the man facing the clone would not be hampered by his actions.

Drop Group #2: Kyre | Mark | Tajuh vs. Not!Kurumu

He nodded at the information. 'Mark, we need to rendezvous with the others. If so many came after us three, they haven't been unscathed. It'll be a long night, but it's what we will have to do." Tajuh continued to rub the girl's back as he moved through the forest, listening for any signs of combat.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis vs. Not!Ella | Not!Devon

Slindis merely gave out the order again. "Where are Riki and Kud?! Someone, head to their tent!" The tone the paladin used showed she was more than a bit on edge.

She jumped out of the quicksand, fighting the two equally. It would take far more than that to catch her off guard. In the middle of her combat, she touched her left arm and pointed at the energy conduit, coating his arms with a slick grease while another stab from one of her rapiers lit the grease on fire. on rugal's part, she continued with the swift jabs, trying to pick his defense apart.

Drop Group #5: Aftan | Alashi (Ella) | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ton Ton vs. Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Devon looked up at Angelus, just now noticing that maybe being noticed by the big fuckoff dragon was a bad idea. "Whoa whoa whoa, Hold up! My meat's real stringy and tough. Plus, I come from the Southwest. Would you want indigestion?" He did his best to dodge the attacks, aided a bit by small gusts of wind.

Drop Group #4: Caim | Kokoa | Teri vs. Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

Caim's face remained stoic for a moment, and then he looked away, "You needed only say that you were checking in on the Healer, and I would have relented. As for why I accept you; you are the same as you were before you exposed yourself. You have not tried to kill us, and aided in protecting my Author. Your guise may have been 'Gabrielle' and your appearance is different; but that does not change that you remain at our sides. I'm not picky when it comes to allies. I'll leave the moral quandaries to those who care about them."

Teri listened to all of this, and bit her lip anxiously, and said, "I'm fine Kokoa. We've more important things to deal with than me at the moment..."

Ton Ton gave his thanks, and an eerie black shadows started swirling out from the Lantern,

"Thanks! Now I know for sure; these aren't the real Caim and Angelus. They're not so stupid! Or mean for that matter... Devon, I need your help with something! I need time to charge up the Chef's Knife; do you think you can keep these guys off my back while I do that? I know it sounds crazy, but it's really powerful! TRUST ME!"

That was when Devon dodged a homing fire, and Ton Ton began to concentrate on his attack...

The false Caim only smiled, and as he dodged the Succubus's attack, he said, "It's not a matter of compensation,"

Their weapons locked for a moment, and broke away, only for Caim to thrust the Steel-Cutting Blade at the woman, "She is utility. War is not fair, it is not kind. It envies and boasts, as you do now..."

"Perhaps there is something that I can do to assist you? I would hate to see the first construct that I have had a chance to converse with be rendered homeless." The Red Hooded A.I. said as she stood up and waited for instructions on what she could do to assist.

Dimitri continued running his hands over different floating books, and frowned, "I do not know if I can do anything about this, let alone you; and I mean that in the kindest way... It's just that as I am a construct of the Madam, if she goes down, I do as well. The most I can do is prevent this place from falling apart while she's not looking..."

Rugal
Puce's attempts to slow Slindis down didn't seem to be working as Rugal went back on defence, summoning up a Dark Barrier on his forearm to act as a shield.
During a larger swing, He did a motion like a back hand and smashed the shield in the drow's face before following up with a quick back kick to her torso, knocking her back several feet.
But thanks to her armour, she was mostly unharmed, Rugal would need to get rid of it in order to get anywhere.

Slindis was slightly dazed by the attack, but came back in swinging with the rapiers chipping at the dark barrier. Rugal's Dark Barrier could defend against a lot, but when it was rapidly attacked with a weapon that was searching for any vulnerability it could find, it could only hold for so long. meanwhile, her thrusts aimed at Puce continued, also aiming at tiring that man out.

Her plan was simple yet effective: Fight them both, make them waste their energy, then pick one off. It was reliant on her being able to hold out, but the total amount of movement in her attacks was very little compared to the two there. And if something did happen, she could always use Lay on Hands to restore an enormous chunk of her energy.

Devon nodded to Ton-Ton "Hmm, that sounds like it could work. Count on me, little man!" The author began playing an old song that was reminiscent of one Inuart had played far too many times back before he had made the pact.

"I don't know why you're wasting your time with him. After all, I'm an author. I could go and write you out of existence if I wanted with a simple 'rocks fall, everyone dies' or some contrived bullshit like that. Why worry about anyone else here?" Between the two, it could test the patience of even Furiae.

The military training took over her body as Elena suddenly found herself sprinting towards the Tent that Riki and Kud had been sharing and ripped open the entrance, only to discover that it was empty, though the insides of the tent appeared a mess.

Looking around, she noted a series of tracks the went away from the camp site.

"SLINDIS! THEY'RE GONE! LOOKS LIKE THEY'VE BEEN TAKEN AGAINST THEIR WILL!" Elena called out as she started following the tracks.

Kokoa nodded at Caim's explanation of why on Earth it was that she had been accepted. However there was still one last thing that needed to be addressed.

"Could I ask you two for a favor? I'd really consider it awesome of you two if you could hide this from Kurumu. She and I... we've got a bit of a history... and the last thing I need is for her to know that I'm around." The Vampire said as she pulled the ruby earring out her pocket and placed them on her ears.

A moment later Gabrielle was in the very spot where Kokoa was standing, looking at the two for an answer.

The fire that threatened to confuse Puce's arm did not burn but instead died suddenly as its released energy was absorbed by the Conduit, save for a tiny ember that remained lit in the palm of his hands. Once again, he channeled the energy he had stored via absorption into the element.

A fire sprung to life in the palm of Puce's hands, whose face showed signs of strain from the mental exertion, and began fluttering as they began to spawn into a kaleidoscope of fiery butterflies that fluttered towards the Drow, enveloping her in fire, as each one attempted to burrow itself into her skin.

The summoning complete, Puce retreated a couple steps and pulled out his bottle of La Mort D'amour and took a drink, feeling the sensation of weakness evaporate even as the alcohol in the potion hit his stomach like a bomb.

There was another clashing of blades as the Succubus brought her blades down in an X fashion, sending sparks flying as metal rubbed against metal before the Swordman and the Succubus were once again locked in struggle.

"You know... if it weren't for the fact that you were a jerk you'd actually be quite handsome. Let me fix that for you." Ella said as she released her grip on the handle of the Kama and sent a fist flying towards Not!Caim's face, intent on making it match his personality.

A.I. Vermilion looked around the place before she issued a command to a remote server somewhere and suddenly there was a knock at the door to Dmitri's home. Walking over to the entrance and opening it, she revealed a daemon, an automated program, not a demon, that looked rather bookish.

"This is the Librarian. He's a backup utility that can save a copy of the information stored here on a remote server. That way if you crash, he will be able to rebuild you. Also... we can work on reinforcing this structure... perhaps a new Foundation (Kernal) would be the first place to start."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 . . . 875 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 40657)