The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 . . . 874 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Nighttime | January 1st

Drop Group #1: Angelus | Jake vs. Not!Akane | Not!Kokoa
The false Akane giggled once more, voice the sound of honey yet strangely distorted, as if it were really a wasp lying in wait for the beekeeper. Her sword flashed in broad powerful strokes, coated in the blue foxfire. Each powerful stroke was a flash of flame, strong enough to keep Angelus' whip from latching on and yet weak enough that each swing allowed the fake Kitsune to reverse the blade as if she were dancing with it.
"Ara ara, BURN me? I am a Kitsune, master of fire! You think your puny Dragonfire has what it takes to hurt me? Lazy, stupid, greedy Dragons, their fire only burns orange, mine sparkling blue! Oh but what is the matter Miss old hag? Did I caress a nerve? Perhaps just like how He does it? Hmm? If He is that good perhaps I shall take Him for myself after I am finished with you... I am half your age and oh so much prettier... Tee hee hee! How could he resist my tails, such a warm, fuzzy change from your cold, hard scales...And Heart!" the Fake!Kitsune taunted, catching the flame-whip and rushing the Dragon into a blade lock duel.

Rugal
As he was having stitches put in, Rugal rolled his eyes(?) at Teri's comment.
"Teri, unless you were the one to plunge the knife into my back, I have no reason to bear a grudge against you. And when a man of my temperament can say that, you have nothing to worry about." He answered as Teri closed up his open wounds.
".....Tell me though, A clone of me attacked you? How did you and Caim fare? just I can't imagine fighting an extremely scaled down version of the King of Fighters was easy...." He asked, both wondering how close of a copy his was and what, if anything, he might have done.

Angelus roared (quite literally, it was kind of terrifying) and sent a jet of flame from her throat at the Kitsune, the flames dancing with their mistress' anger. This forced Fake!Akane back, lest she get burned.

The dragon, although still very angry, gave a harsh laugh when Akane dodged her flames. Re-invigorating the whip; she growled, and launched it at Fake!Akane again, "Dragonfire? PUNY?! You've never met a true dragon then, girl! All dragonfire burns orange because the Gods feared our power and limited us! Think of it this way, little girl! If I can stand toe to toe with you, and my fire is orange, whilst yours is blue; what does that have to say about the Kitsune?"

The fake Akane growled as well, and thrust her blade straight at the dragon's heart, to which Angelus swerved away from, and spun to throw fire at the Kitsune's back. As she dodged, she laughed,

"So, you do not deny that He prefers them young? Are you so happy to give him away to me~?"

The dragon gritted her teeth again, and lashed the flame-whip; "He would have no interest in a child! Cai-..Caim deserves better than that!"

The realization of what she just said made her pause for but a moment. Who was she to care about what Caim felt for others? They shared minds, yes, but that did not mean she HAD to share his emotions. She meant well for her partner and she wanted him to be happy; which is partially why she didn't answer him when he told her.... Well, more like showed her, the depth of what he said he wanted. But would it bear fruit? Dragons and Humans never blended well in history. History repeats... Right?

However, Angelus was brought back to reality when she felt a sharp, burning pain in her arm. Instinctively, she had dodged a slash by the Kitsune, but her arm was clipped as a result. An angry burn began to grow where the fire had touched her weak, human skin, and she redoubled her efforts. When she brought the flames to the Kitsune again, she cried out,

"You cannot influence how he feels, but I know one thing. He deserves better than you!"

Diablo1099:

Rugal
".....Tell me though, A clone of me attacked you? How did you and Caim fare? just I can't imagine fighting an extremely scaled down version of the King of Fighters was easy...." He asked, both wondering how close of a copy his was and what, if anything, he might have done.

Teri paused in her stitching, and took a few deep breaths before starting her work again, "... Caim wasn't there till the battle was almost over. In fact, I fought a portion of it by myself."

She was glad that she was working on his back, because the expression that took root was something she didn't want anyone to see. Shame, fear and anger were what she remembered most about that battle. However, Rugal could already hear her breath becoming a little unsteady as she started to talk again, "When my party showed up, Gabrielle, the Shadow Knight over there, was hurt. It was tough, but a cure spell and some serious aid by my allies and she pulled through. However, when I was finishing up, I heard a voice. I told her to stay there, and I wandered on ahead. You see, I thought that maybe we could regroup with some more friends. However, I saw that it was 'You'. He had finished talking on the phone, and I heard him say that he was planning to kill us all and take the Rising Dawn for AIM. Then he noticed I was there."

She shook a little, but forced herself to finish the suture before continuing; setting the needle in some disinfectant.

"I'm sorry, my hands are getting a little shaky. I'm going to have to work a little slower..."

"Take your time. But you were saying?"

"Yes sir. Well, he advanced towards me, and said that... That-That after he killed us all, himself, Viscus, Wesker and Bruiser were going to party. And not just that; but- "

The images flashed in her mind, the way she was cornered, how scared she was when he closed in, and what he had said,

"Don't be like this, You know full well what kind of a man I am. Mmmm....Bruiser went into great detail about what he did to you, what he would've done to you. And I have to admit... Some of them sounded rather fun... Try not to bleed too much....Mm?"

Rugal heard his own voice escape the Tablet (no doubt, to Dimitri's despair), and listened as the girl opened a water bottle, mutter "Sorry friend, I need you right now...", and gulp copiously. After she took a moment to calm herself down, she continued working,

"I am very blessed, for during that encounter, I had grabbed a water bottle while he was talking. I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I did. Opened it up, and a Water Elemental appeared. They're such sweet-hearts. I think I'll call the main one Squishy."

She laughed again, "But that's beside the point... I had summoned Squishy, and he kept him away from me. Pouring another one, another appeared. That's when Jake showed up, and did his best to fight him off. That landed him in a tree. So, I was kind of on my own again; and I used some spells and another Water Elemental to keep him away long enough for Caim and the others to arrive. After that... It was my sword that ended him. You were right. The first is satisfying; but it still made me feel like trash when all was said and done."

It was now time to work on the wounds on the front of the Fighter, and when he saw her face, Rugal could already see that she was ready to say sorry again.

Rugal
Rugal listened to Teri's encounter with his clone, from the meeting, to the fight, to the kill.
"....Well....All things considered, that was a rather good outcome. I was worried my Clone would do more damage..."
Then the recording slipped out from the tablet.
"....I see..." He added, clearly each of these creations played off the fears of others, If this was anything like that breakdown on the ship....
Then she spoke of the kill.
".....Just like that?....Really? 2 Elementals, you, Caim, a few others, that's all it took?....Really?....
Sorry, just....That's not right..." He said in a brief episode of vanity, he was MUCH stronger then that.

Then she starting tending to the massive gaping hole in his torso.
"That was her handi-work, all of this. She ran towards me and told me that Caim was under attack and badly wounded, so I went with her to get aid, as you do. Then she started....raving on about things she couldn't have possibly known. Blade cut deep, though I managed to break her leg before I went down. Had it not been for a favour..." He said, pointing to his Red Eye.
"...That would have been that. She attempted to trick Puce and Kurumu, though I managed to trick her out by bringing up more....un-enjoyable memories. The mask faded and I slit her throat. And you already know what happened to Melethia...."

Not!Akane kept up her barrage of attacks, keeping the Dragon on the defensive. "Ara ara, so you do want him~! ALL for yourself! Now, that wasn't hard to say now, was it ^.^~?" she taunted, laughter always following each strike.

Angelus simply roared again, sending forth a massive gout of Dragonfire at Not!Akane. The Kitsune grinned and stepped into the flames, sheathed in her own blue foxfire. Angelus' burst ended, revealing the Kitsune unscathed and coming for a strike. A flick of her wrist and Angelus' whip made contact with Not!Akane's sword, wrenching it free of the Kitsune's grip. Not!Akane grinned and licked her lips.

Too late Angelus realized her mistake. In disarming her enemy, she had left herself wide open and with Not!Akane right there. The Kitsune pounced, grabbing Angelus' arms and forcing the Dragon's hands into her tails, grinding her body up against Angelus. Only a supreme act of willpower could save the Dragon now, her pride wounded at letting this harlot touch her in the flesh after wounding her soul so, not to mention that soft, warm, fluffy feeling of those beautiful golden tails...
"I'm going to melt your icy heart deep beneath your fiery shell, An~gel~us~! Maybe then Caim will really see who you are, and then he'll certainly choose me, tee hee~!" Not!Akane whispered lustfully into Angelus' ear as she started to glow bright blue.

The Foxfire started at her tails and began to spread, ever so slowly across the Kitsune's body towards the trapped Dragon...

Angelus gasped for air as the fire around her was starting to consume the oxygen about her, and the flames began to grow closer and closer to her skin. It was not the first time she had experienced a burn, but it hurt all the same. Her mind began to swim as oxygen was slowly being deprived. Her thoughts wandered, her muscles weakened, and her will slowly dripped away....

"Am I going to die here?" She wondered, "Death by Foxfire? It's better than dying of being elderly... But... It's so inferior to dragonfire..."

But would dying be so bad? Liseth almost convinced her of that notion. Death was a release from the pains and drudgery of life; a slumber for the weeping living. Even a dragon as old as her could understand that. But... Would her loss of life affect anything? She tried to ponder the ramifications of it, but rational thought was a hard thing when one's mind was ebbing away. Grasping at straws of thought, she thought of things she had done, seen and cared about. But did she care? That was another good question. She had made her pact to avoid a humiliating death; yet here she was, prostrate and ready to accept it. It was unbecoming of a dragon to submit to anything, much less humanity or it's varying forms. And yet she made a pact...

That was the funny thing, pacts. They're almost like marriage contracts. "Till Death do us part" and all that business. Pacts could be broken, just like marriages could end in divorce. But, unlike marriage; 90 percent of all pacts ended with death, not dishonor. Of course, if she died, Caim would too.

Caim.

The dragon found herself returning to reality when she realized the full gravity of the situation; her life was worth two now. She had said so herself outside of the Union castle the day they made their own,

"If I die, then you do too."

The False Akane looked at her with confusion, "What?"

Angelus laughed, despite the flames closing in, "There is no way for you to have him through this method. If I die, he does too. That's how pacts work. They're like marriage contracts. Death ends them, or the beast breaks them. But I do not want to do either now..."

The False Akane laughed, "But Angelus, there's no point for you to live. Nobody or nothing wants you."

It was the dragon's turn to laugh, as she remembered times she spent in the Realm of Avatar Adventures; all the friends made and sometimes lost, as well as the enemies. She remembered the good, bad and ugly of it all; and even though the bad tended to outweigh the good, it made those few golden moments that much sweeter.

Her "son" learning to fly properly, the few moments of peace shared in a hangar, being rubbed on the nose again... All these things made it that much worth it. Even her fool of a human pact partner, with his rash, thickheaded, brutish, rude, insensitive, unemphatic, mass-murdering, smelly, overbearing, domineering, overconfident, blood-lusty, (and god knows what else) self there were the few moments of perfection; regardless of the flaws over the surface. And she wouldn't have him any other way.

The dragon continued to laugh as her own fires began to cover her body and repulse the false Akane from her.

"What is this?!"

As Angelus stood up on her own too feet, the burns from the Foxfire still smarting, and her eyes glowing red, she said, "You're right. I have been too cold for a being of fire. He has seen me for what I am, and has not abandoned me. And I shall do him no disservice by abandoning him! I share his irritating human emotions, and I shall embrace them for a brighter future! ONE WITHOUT YOU!"

Her maw (oh yes, it did not look human the way it opened), and runes appeared around her before ribbons of magic inlaid with dragon-fire shot from her mouth, tore through and destroyed the false apparition of Akane in a pyre of red.

After all that was done, all that was left was ash.

Jake blinked just before the impact of the hammer... and felt the world drop under his feet.

The reflections that glinted off of Jake's sword was no longer there... in fact he found himself floating in an empty abyss or at least it seemed empty at first. The sound of a husky laugh was his first clue that he was not alone... a laugh that was as glee-filled as it was psychotic. He was in her realm... the realm of Shadows.

"Little human... little human... let me in." Kokoa's voice echoed in the darkness, bouncing about so that the Writer couldn't get a fix on her position.

And as he struggled to place her position, The Mad Little Vampire's mocking laugh came to attack him again.

"I know why she left youuuu." The voice said, but this time Kokoa's warm breathe tickled the back if Jake's neck.

"Left you but didn't even have the decency to do it face to face did she? Left you to your own devices... Left you alone... all alone... in this world most cruel. Maybe because she found you too foul to touch? Maybe because you're such a flawed creature? Or maybe she just didn't understand you... just like the rest of the world." Kokoa said sadly in Jake's ear... Eventually receding in the darkness.

"You know maybe they were wrong... maybe you should have been locked away forever so that no one would have to suffer your presence... your madness."

The darkness closed in on Jake... as the voice retreated furtherand further...

"So what should I do little human... Should I put you out of you misery... and let everyone else live happily without your influence... all those Kitsune slaves released from your tyranical yolk? Or should I just leave you here... Alone... Living in the darkness where people like you and I belong..."

Her voice was low now... sweet... charming... but then it grew silent.

Drop Group #2: Caim | Gabrielle | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Drop Group #4: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ella | Ton Ton

Ella looked at Devon for a moment and shook her heard as she watched Cadolbolg and Ton Ton glide through the air like a couple of old friends... like comrade in arms.

"I ... I think he's the real deal. I think he's gone this many times. I know it actually. He used to have another person in his head too... Someone's father. I think we can trust him." The Blonde Succubus said as she sat down amid for a moment, letting her aching legs rest.

"This walking stuff is for the birds, Devon. I don't know how you humans put up with this." She said with a smile... She was making fun of him.

Cadolbolg nodded quickly at his friend's statement.

" I will learn to listen to you better Friend Ton Ton. I wish I was a real dragon like mother... I could have a pact partner like her and father are. I would like to knkw that I would have the responsibility of more than just myself." The dragon said as they buzzed over the top of the heads kf their groul members, Cadolbolg laughing as a couple of them ducked.

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

A.I. Vermilion nodded and accepted the tea, taking time to add a bit of honey to her's.

Once again, the silence was brokeb by her query.

"Why are you called Dmitri? Do your files say?"

Jake sheathed his sword, knowing it would be useless now. "Kokoa, you are a fake. Even though your words are poison, they are also antidote. Truth in Lies, Lies in Truth. But they are just that. Words. You can not break what is already broken, this mirror has long since shattered. Come and face me, and we'll settle this quickly, I have no time for your little shadow games. Why don't you enter my mind and we can discuss the terms of my release over a nice cup of tea? Hmm? What say you? Dare you enter my Magical Realm? BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAA!!"

Though he started shaky, he let his insanity to the surface and take him over. He drew a pistol and placed it to his temple, waiting for the Shadow Vampire to emerge.

"You'll get no fun if you hide, and I blow my brains out. Won't you come out and play?" Jake taunted.

Had he finally broken and was Kokoa right, or was he merely trolling?

Whatever his motives, it mattered little to the Vampiric Facsimile of Kokoa. What did matter was that there was a sweet smelling human in her Realm... his blood ripe for the taking. As Jake pressed the pistol against his temple, he felt two pricks of fire enter his neck as Not!Kokoa succumbed to he Vampiric side.

"mmmm... You taste better than I imagined... And while I feast... We can discuss your terms of surrender to me."

"Surrender? Why would you want me, broken useless me, to surrender to you? Is there any reason to go on? Maybe you're right, here I am no danger to the others. They do not care, just that the mission get done, the world saved. I can't even protect any of them. What good am I doing up there? I'm not, only harm."

The gun clattered to the ground and Jake relaxed, accepting his fate to become imprisoned here, even to die.

"I... Surrender. Jake said in a heaving sigh. He whispered aloud, "Checkmate."

Teri laughed a little, and to ease her patient's pride, she divulged another detail, "There were three elementals, a celestial magic dog; AND a divine sword of force from your's truly; on top of a pile on of the others! Trust me, Mr. Bernstein, it was no easy feat! I... I was very tired when it was all done."

It was after that Rugal began to talk about the False!Teri. The real thing listened intently as Rugal told her of what had happened with her Not!self, and said, "Well, I'm glad you got your favor. You shouldn't even be walking around! Heck, I'm surprised you're still living... This wound is deep... Maybe a minor could help out a little... Or..."

She looked around carefully and scribbled something, causing a green potion to appear. Sweat appeared on the girl's brow as she did so, but the treatment continued. By dabbing bits of the potion onto his wound (after making sure it was clean) it aided in sealing it up a little bit, allowing her to suture it up properly.

"I try to avoid doing that, but it'll have to do for the moment... How does it all feel, Mr. Bernstein? Does anything hurt?"

Angelus stumbled a little after the flames on her burned away; leaving her clothing almost completely in shreds. Now was the matter of Jake and the bratty vampire; but they were naught to be seen.

"Jake?! Where are you?!"

Drop Group #2: Caim | Gabrielle | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

There was a moment when Caim thought he could feel his blood boiling under his skin, but it passed just as quickly as it left. Instead, he felt... At ease; strangely enough. It was almost like a storm had passed and he hadn't even noticed it.

"I wonder if I ate something funny..?"

Ton Ton laughed happily as he flew around on his friend's back, and wondered aloud, "Hmn... I think, Cadolbolg, that you're as real as any other dragon. You just happen to be made of metal and stuff. But you live, you breathe and you do stuff. That means you're alive! I heard these pact things are powerful, but you lose something precious in exchange for them. Would you be ready to give up something for that level of power? As for myself, I'd do anything to get back to the Mistress..."

"Why are you called Dmitri? Do your files say?"

Dimitri only smiled, and looked up from his book, "It's very simple, Ms. Vermilion. Since before my sentience was conceived, I had a name. I am this computer that we inhabit now. If one attacks it's mainframe or it's components, it attacks me. This new form just gives me flexibility of movement."

Gabrielle sat on the ground sharpening one of her tonfas when her whetstone broke, causing the Shadowknight to frown as she attempted pick up a piece of shadow in order to form a new one.

"What?" She muttered to herself as piece of Shadow that she tried to pull on gave must more resistance to her manipulations than it usually did. Which meant only one of a few things, the first one being:

"There's another Shadow Knight in the area?" The Knight muttered as she stood up briefly and called out to the Swordsman.

"Hey Caim... I'll be right back." The Knight said as she disapleared into her own shadows.

Not!Kokoa laughed to herself as she found herself winning this battle, something the others had failed to do.

"Seems someone let themselves into my home without asking" A familiar voice said as Gabrielle looked at Not!Kokoa with her shriekers drawn.

Cadolbol nodded eagerly, knowing that he'd even give up his ability to reform himself after bejng destroyed if it meant that he could have a pact partner.

"[code]I would give up anything to have a pact partner like my parents.[/code"

"A fair enough answer... But did she chiise the nane dmitri for a reason?"

Rugal
Rugal seemed un-flinching as Teri finished up on his wounds.
"Good, if someone if going to imitate me, they'd want to do it right. Atlas-like build, flawless features, Red Suit, cannot stress that last one enough, without the Red Suit, you aren't even trying!" He explained, making the fact he was wearing a purple one somewhat amusing.
On the topic of his wounds, he smirked, causing his eye to glow a little.
"Ah but the power of the Feng Shui Engine. Now normally, I use my intense focus to work though the pain, even before your clone attacked, I was just after a disagreement with some of the local wildlife, which I won. But for these more fatal ones, I require extra energy and that is what the Engine does: Greatly increase a users energy. I can also see again so that's good." He explained as he stood up, scarred, topless and minus a leg of his trousers from all the Forest threw his way.
"....I don't know about you, but after all that, I can't imagine the temple being any worse..."

David "I was totally sidetracked and I am SO sorry" West
After he was free from Devon's control-
*SCENE MISSING*
David was now with Saya, Slindis and Elena tracking Riki and Kud.
As they were walking though, he did took the first chance he could to say "Psss, Hey Slin...Err....Sorry about the whole "Shooting you" thing, Just I wasn't in control..."

Rugal | Teri

Teri covered her mouth in mock horror, and said in a jovial tone, "Then forgive me for mistaking you for your fake, sir. He wore purple!"

When Rugal's face fell at the thought, digital laughter emitted from the Tablet; and Teri had to hold onto a tree before calming down. After a few moments of gathering herself again, her face creased as she fell into thought, "I hate to be down and contrary, Mr. Bernstein, but I fear that the temple may be worse than here. If this is the preemptive to our objective, then I'm really worried... Tomoya may have something far worse locked away."

There was a moment of silence, and Teri forced herself to smile a little, "But with us gathering together again, hopefully things'll be a little easier; right?"

Caim

"Hey Caim... I'll be right back." The Knight said as she disappeared into her own shadows.

Caim gave a little wave and said, "Careful out there. Angelus's been acting funny."

However, by the time the statement was finished, she was probably long gone.

Angelus continued looking for Jake throughout the campsite, calling out the boy's name as she looked about. However, even with an improved vision and sense of smell, the trail would stop cold when she reached a certain spot in the ground... Where was he?

Ton Ton pondered for a moment, and then asked his friend, "How about you and I make a pact? We're kind of outclassed on our own, but with our combined powers, I think we could be just as powerful as Mr. Caim or Ms. Angelus! Besides, we'd both benefit. I'd get more strength and ability to find the Mistress, and you'd prove you're a true dragon to your parents! Everyone wins!"

Little did the Tonberry know there was far more to a pact than just making an agreement. Things were given up for such powerful procedures...

Dimitri mused quietly over the thought of the name and shrugged, "I have always had that name. I do not believe the Madam ever had any personal significance for it aside from being a name she liked for a computer. However, a simple internet search finds that the name is derrived from Demeter; goddess of grain, the harvest and fertility. A an unintentional meaning; but one that I cannot dislike..."

Tajuh grabbed a long jacket from his Wallet and draped it over the girl as she stirred in her sleep.

Devon smiled as he turned to Ella while Ton-Ton was bonding with Cadolbolg. "Yeah, the walking probably does suck for you. but can you fly with that damaged wing? It's better to have sore feet than some broken bones. But if you need someone to lean on while we walk, I'll be here for that." His feet were hurting as well, but he didn't want to annoy the Succubus with his issues.

David, Slin, Elena, Saya

Slindis didn't even bother turning around as she kept an eye on the trail. "Your attacks didn't breach the armor, so you didn't harm me. If you don't mind, we have two children to track down."

It was happening subtly, but the Drow was shutting herself off from her companions, hoping that they wouldn't ask about all the words that had been thrown around in the fight.

However, it would take someone that knew her very well or a Telepath to figure this out.

Jake was powerless to act, even if he wanted to. He had given up. He had lost the will to fight, to fly, to even bounce. He could feel his life force leaving his body as the Not!Vampire sucked his blood, her becoming stronger and stronger, more a reality than a warped spirit of the forest.

"Seems someone let themselves into my home without asking." A familiar voice uttered.

Not!Kokoa looked up, seeing Gabrielle standing there, her pistols drawn. She smiled ferally. "Oh, your realm? The Shadows belong to all, and you are in MY little slice of darkness. So, that makes you the intruder, doesn't it?"

"Give him back. I won't warn you again."

"Then why don't you come and get him~?"

A pair of bladed tonfas flashed bright green, and a giant hammer glowed deep crimson, and the fight was on. Neither could land a blow on the other as they flashed in and out of the shadows, a dark dance for the life of another.

"Gabrielle... Why are you here?" Jake called out weakly.

"To save your stupid ass, that's why" came a whisper into his ear, despite Gabs being on the other side of the battlefield.

"How did you know?"

"I didn't, shadows felt wierd... Hey Faker, eat this!"

"You'll have to do better that that Bitch! It's Ha~mmer TI~ME~!"

A resounding thud caught Gabs in the chest, sending her flying across the ground to stop at Jake's feet. He looked down at her sadly.
"Don't waste your strength on me, I'm not worth it. Go. Go and live your life to the fullest with Akane and Aftan. I'll be out of the way here, where I can't hurt anyone or cause anyone to be hurt. Leave!"

"Aha ha ha ha! See! Even he knows it! Why fight him, why fight me? Let me have my little snack, and maybe I'll let you live..."

In the middle of this combat, Jake saw a midnight blue portal appear as a man with long purple hair wearing a suit walked out of it, picking up Gabrielle and tossing a small bottle filled with a pea-colored liquid to Jake. "Drink up. You'll need the stamina when you get back to the forest, and losing an Author, especially with your talents, is something that shouldn't happen. If you think you're worthless, stop pitying yourself and change it."

Without waiting for a response, the man looked at the false Kokoa. "You are wasting valuable time, falsehood. If you wish, we can skip to the point where the True Shadow Knight has defeated you, or you could spit this man out now.

(Insert by Disasterchild)
Shots rang out in the darkness as Gabrielle fired on the crazed vampire, the Phoenix shaped muzzle flashes showing Gabrielle's position to Jake in flashes of action, as if the realm had been lit by a single strobe light.

There was an even brighter explosion of sparks as Not!Kokoa's hammer impacted against two crossed shrieker pistols... Kokoa's laughter echoing in the darkness as the two Knight's separated for a moment.

"You think you can win against me? I know all you moves... I have all your powers... I know all your secrets." The Not!Shadow Knight cackled with glee, reveling in her form.

Gabrielle's smirk died for a moment in the dark as it closed in on her mind... and remembered... Tsukune... Moka... Fairy Tale. And then inspiration.

"You think you're a good copy of me, but you can't even break Jake. You couldn't even save Tsukune... You could even save your sister, Moka! You let those bastards in Fairy Tale trick you so easily into betraying your friends... YOUR FAMILY!!" Gabrielle screamed into the Shadows... Unleashing another barrage of Shrieker rounds , the muzzle flash of the Pistols being echoed by sparks as they impacted on Kokoa's hammer.

"What... What are you talking about... That wasn't me... That was y...you." Kokoa's voice came out... Sounding a bit unsure of herself.

"If you were such a good fucking copy, you'd see that Jake's made more people happy than he know! You'd see his madness... it's the price we pay... but it's what rules us... Not like YOU Kokoa!! Or did you forget that when you killed me when we were both Hammer Empire prisoners! When you selfishly drained me of my blood!

"But I am you... A better you?" Kokoa's voice was weaker still... Weaker than a mouse... Weaker than that.

"If you are a better me... Why are crying in the darkness... Alone... Without love. Why do you glomp on Akane's tails all the time like you're about to lose her... I'll tell you why. Because you ARE undeserving of love... Undeserving of LIFE... don't take out your shortcomings on someone who knows their worth. Because no matter what you think you can do... FUCK YOU HE'S A Pilot with ZERO FUCKS GIVEN! You're just slime on everyone else's boot heel... You're deceitful... You're unworthy... You're wasteful... You're a betra-"

*BLAM!*

"-yer." Gabrielle said, as she looked at Jake, his pistol drawn and he somehow standing again.

Shots rang out in the darkness as Gabrielle fired on the crazed vampire, thr Phoenix shaped muzzle flashes showing Gabrielle's position to Jake in flashes of action, as if the realm had been lit by a single strobe light.

There was an even brighter explosion of sparks as Not!Kokoa's hammer impacted against two crossed shrieker pistols... Kokoa's laughter echoing in the darkness as the two Knight's separated for a moment.

"You think you can win against me? I know all you moves... I have all your powers... I know all your secrets." The Not!Shadow Knight cackled with glee, reveling in her form.

Gabrielle's smirk died for a moment in the dark as it closed in on her mind... and remembered... Tsukune... Moka... Fairy Tale. And then inspiration.

"You think you're a good copy of me, but you can't even break Jake. You couldn't even save Tsukune... You could even save your sister, Moka! You let those bastards in Fairy Tale trick you so easily into betraying your friends... YOUR FAMILY!!" Gabrielle screamed into the Shadows... Unleashing another barrage of Shrieker rounds , the muzzle flash of the Pistols being echo'd by sparks as they impacted on Kokoa's hammer.

"What... What are you talking about... That wasn't me... That was y...you." Kokoa's voice came out... Sounding a bit unsure of herself.

"If you were such a good fucking copy, you'd see that Jake's made more people happy than he know! You'd see his madness... it's the price we pay... but it's what rules us... Not like YOU Kokoa!! Or did you forget that when you killed me when we were both Hammer Empire prisoners! When you selfishly drained me of my blood!

"But I am you... A better you?" Kokoa's voice was weaker still... Weaker than a mouse... Weaker than that.

"If you are a better me... Why are crying in the darkness... Alone... Without love. Why do you glomp on Akane's tails all the time like you're about to lose her... I'll tell you why. Because you ARE undeserving of love... Undeserving of LIFE... don't take out your shortcomings on someone who knows their worth. Because no matter what you think you can do... FUCK YOU HE'S A Pilot with ZERO FUCKS GIVEN! You're just slime on everyone else's boot heel... You're deceitful... You're unworthy... You're wasteful... You're a betra-"

*BLAM!*

"-yer." Gabrielle said, as she looked at Jake, still floating in her realm of darkness.

Puce spotted Kurumu in the distance, craddling the still crying Kyre and walked over to her, smiling at her as he closed in. The fake Slindis was destroyed and Melethia was saved... All and all not a bad day, right?

"How is she?" The ener-mancer asked as he sat down next to the Succubus and her charge.

"I... I don't know... But she's falling asleep." Kurumu said as she looked down at Kyre's face.

"That looks natural to you... Like you were meant to do that." Puce said with a chuckle, not realizing the can of worms he had just opened up.

"Yeah? It does feel natural... But could you see yourself doing something like this... With our own kid?"

DUN DUN DUN...

Mark was surveying the makeshift camp when he spotted Kalastryn, the demon lady who had carried Melethia the distance.

Waving at her, Mark spoke.

"Hi. You're Kalastryn right? Good job carrying Melethia."

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis

As the group progressed with the search, Elena turned to Saya and asked her a question.

"What happened... I closed my eyes for a moment... And then I see a guy floating in the air... Right before you shot him. Are you some sort of telekinetic?"

[hr

Ella showed Devon her previously wounded wing, it was now fully healed.

"Thanks to that Dragom rider..." she said as she made a decision.

"Hold on tight." The succubus laughed as she took off.

Cadolbolg nodded.

" I agree. We will be pact partners then."

The A.I. Nodded at Dmitri's response.

" I agree appropriate indeed."

While Gabrielle looked for a way out, Jake felt something heavy arrive in his left pocket. A quick checking of the pocket revealed a small note and what appeared to be a very high-tech pocket computer.

Time: Night

BlackHarte | Nessaj | Armageddon

"What do you know about the young master," BlackHarte inquired his opponent in Chess as he moved his knight forward to capture the ebony pawn. Armageddon neighed softly before moving his bishop to take the ivory knight.

"You're trying to say that she's unconsciously trying to cope with the fact that eventually everyone will leave her?" BlackHarte mused, he dropped the ivory queen on the bishop and clapped his hands joyfully, "Checkmate!"

Armageddon bobbed his head up and down before beginning to reset the game board.

"At any rate, you're right. All of these are just wild guesses, I still don't know how to fix her. She just seems to personally not want to be well-adjusted at all," he sighed, "this is the problem with organics. They are always so fragile. A little bit of trauma and they just break."

---

Caim | Gabrielle | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Kyre was smiling through her tears before embracing Kurumu tightly, "I'm not asleep... I was just thinking." The Anti-Mage laughed lightly before pushing a little bit away from Kurumu, "I was just thinking that I'm so happy to have you. As my friend. I wish I could be with you forever."

Yet wasn't it her that kept running off? It came to this, how could a bird be bound to a single place, caged and locked down, be happy? Yet how could a human leave the only one she loved?

She glanced at Puce, perhaps a little enviously, before placing her head on Kurumu's chest, "I hope no one got hurt while I was of."

Drop Group #1: Angelus | Jake | Gabrielle
While Gabrielle looked for a way out, Jake felt something heavy arrive in his left pocket. A quick checking of the pocket revealed a small note and what appeared to be a very high-tech pocket computer. Jake pulled the two items out of his pocket and began to open the letter when Gabrielle shouted.

"Oi! Found the door she used, this will pop us back out at Angie. Comere and grab my hand and you can leave."
Jake turned and hugged the Shadow Knight tight. "Thank you."

Taking her hand, he had a very odd experience as Gabrielle pulled him out of the shadow realm. He stepped out into the AA world again, right in the spot he had disappeared from. Jake looked down at his his hand, still holding the letter and pocket PC.

Drop Group #1: Angelus | Jake | Gabrielle

When he opened the note, Jake could see very clean handwriting stating:

Now that you're out of that demense, I think I should start off by saying that you should trust in your own skills, and I apologize about the horrid taste of that drink. Sure packed a punch, didn't it? However, there are a few things that you should know.

First being that the temple will push you to your limits, as the defenses set up there are tailor made to the invaders. I've seen the talents of the Rising Dawn, and they will get through no matter how difficult it is. Second involves yourself. It's clear that you feel outclassed by the people aboard, but that ship attracts men of talent. And concerning your talent, the small computer has the blueprints and manual for a small present. Study them well, as you will be using it soon.

A quick check of the handheld computer pulled up this image:

Sadei chimed in after Teri finished healing up the King of Fighters. Teri, why does that man feel like the Aberrant Paladin? Teri could see Tajuh still tending to the young girl in the distance, acting much more like a father than the strict man that had been taking control of the ship.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis

Slindis still didn't bother turning around as she followed the trail. "Look, we've got a hot trail. We should stick on it before it gets cold."

[hr

Devon called to Ella. "Hey, shouldn't we try to meet up with the rest of the group? I'd rather meet up with the others before that can come to pass." The succubus was slightly annoyed, but she grudgingly lifted the man and flew out to see if they could see if there were any other major people from the Rising Dawn grouped together.

After Jake reappeared in AA and read the note, he heard, "There you are!"

Swirling around, Jake saw the dragon breathing heavily; clothes next to non-existent and with burns on her arms and legs. And yet she looked at ease. Of course, when he smelled the smoke, he knew that the fake Akane had been burnt to a crisp by the red dragon. As she approached, she looked over the Author carefully and asked, "Are you alright? Where did you disappear to? One moment, I was wrangling with the false Akane, and the next you are gone... It was disconcerting..."

As Ton Ton and Cadolbolg circled down to land, Ton Ton spoke up, "... One question, Cadolbolg. How do we make this pact thing work? I don't know how we start it at all..."

Teri's brow furrowed a little at the monkier and then the lightbulb 'dinged' when she realized who Sadei was talking about, "... Aberrant Paladin? Oh, Ms. Slindis! Well... I don't know. I don't know him very well, but I understand he's been running the ship under Mr. Bernstein. He's not too bad though. Before, well, before I really referred to Mr. Bernstein as such, I was scared of him because of who I am, a Writer. It's the same reason that I was attacked by Bruiser. However, it's because of Tajuh that I was sent to work in the Med-Bay without any incident. I could tell he did it to protect me and my identity from someone who, at the time, I assumed would abuse that. So, I bet he's not all that bad. In fact, it would probably be safe to assume he's a good guy; if a little rough around the edges.

Unfortunately, I don't know him personally; so if you wanted an audience, you'd know as much as I would."

Drop Group #1: Angelus | Jake
Jake looked up at the Dragon and grimaced. "I was taken to the Shadow Realm. I... I broke. Were it not for the intervention of the Real Gabrielle and a mysterious man, I would be dead now. I didn't think it was possible for me to break any further, but I guess I could. I'm ashamed at myself for it. But enough of me, are you alright Angelus? I haven't got healing skills, but I can at the least summon you up some new clothes and apply some first aid to the burns..."

Angelus could clearly see how shaken Jake still was. He was shaking completely from head to toe.

The two flew through the night sky, avoiding the larger groups as they made their way through the sky. "Thanks for this. there's no way that I could travel this far on my own." They saw a somewhat larger group without much campfires and made their way down to the group, trying to not provoke the group which had an imposing blond man and a short woman holding a silver staff.

Teri could feel the staff mentally nodding. This author that you talk about sounds kinda interesting. Mind if I take a look-see into your mind to get a bit more info on them?

Meanwhile, Tajuh could hear the landing of some people on the outskirts of the camp.

Rugal
Rugal gazed blankly with the expression "What?" written on his face.
"Purple? THAT'S what he was wearing?!.....I do certainly hope it hurt when you killed him...." He said coldly as if his clone had committed some kind of mortal sin.
"...Speaking of suits...I'll need a new attire...This one has seen better days..." He added as he took a look back at himself, a mess of mud and dried blood.
When Teri brought up the temple, He smirked.
"Relax, see, now that the group is coming back, Why they bothered the split up in the first place is beyond me, We will not be taken off guard by such attempts to break us. We'll be alright..." He said, Teri unable to tell if it was Ego or he was trying to comfort her.

David West
David merely nodded somewhat embarrassingly to Slindis's kindly phrased "Shut up!"
"I dunno, whoever brought those kids to us most likely knows something we don't. I'd say they're alright..." He reassured the group, though the idea of a school boy being their best hope after that asshole Rugal was strange.

Angelus gave a soft laugh, "Clothes would be nice. If I'm going to be in human form, I might as well be sensible about it... A shame my true form could not fit here well enough. I'd have crushed that fake much quicker that way. Thank you."

As Jake worked to scrounge up some proper clothes for the dragon, she turned her head and said, "Do you remember a while back, before we re-entered this realm? We had a talk about... Well, Caim. I... Well, the Akane I fought prodded deeper in my mind than I thought."

The dragon frowned, as she was trying to grasp at a concept she wasn't entirely sure how to define, "The point is, she was able to play with my feelings as the fake you encountered did... Er, what I mean to say is; you are not alone in those wounds. If you feel the need to speak with me about it; I will not penalize you. After all, you told me that these emotions were hard to deal with, even for humans who have lived with them for years."

She smiled faintly, the expression more bittersweet than usually applied, "I have come to realize, Jake... What many around me have tried to force in my stubborn mind were right. I... I... When it comes to Caim, I think I understand what he told me now... Completely. Do you understand? Or am I misunderstanding it?"

Rugal | Teri

Teri lite up and pulled out her tablet, "I can fix that! Hmn.. Popping in clothes is a lot easier than a potion, but I need to make sure the measurements are just right... One second..."

She walked in a circle around the Cartel Lord, and did her best to sight it just right; but gave up when she realized she would have to take proper measurements (and did not have the tape, nor the lack of shame to do so). What was she, a fashion designer?! After a quiet giggle to herself, she pulled up a search on Dimitri; looking for a general idea of what kind of suit the man would wear, and decided that the first stock image she found would work out.

"Here goes.."

She unhooked the stylus, and scribbled, "A properly fitting suit for one Rugal Bernstein. MUST be red."

There was a pause before a package appeared at Rugal's feet, and Teri shifted in anticipation, worried that the clothing may not fit properly... Which drew her back to what the staff asked her,

"Well, I AM the Author I mentioned before... It's a complicated story, and I'll tell you about it, because I trust you, but I don't wan anyone else, barring those already in on this, knowing anything about it..."

To those outside of her mind, it looked as if the girl simply froze in place as she began to show Sadei the beginning of her journey as an Author. When she first placed Caim and Angelus in the world, building friendships, and what would come of it. Red Mage's attack, and Slenderman after that, alongside why Bruiser would target her for that same reason. Sadei learned how Teri and her friends (as well as those before her) had shaped this world in their image; and did their various deeds to it; be it in creation or destruction.

However, she did learn that Teri's part in all of this was to help fix to mishaps caused by the Writers, as well as her struggles to work to attain higher levels of understanding in the process. She had worked to get where she was, and had hardly relied upon her powers as much as she used to, for she was aware of the toll upon her when they were abused.

Rugal
"Oh?...." Rugal merely answered as the writer began sizing him up as he watched, somewhat confused.
It then became clear that she was going to phase in one.
Thus he waited until she was finished and the package arrived.
Opening it up, he said "Thank you. Even at times like these, appearances are everything." before moving away from the group to get changed.
Having being in such situations before, he was able to clean himself up quite well, by the time he returned, it would be hard for anyone to believe that he was just in the jungle.
He was completely immaculate, all things considered.
"Well, I must thank you again for that, These usually retail for quite...a high..."
He paused as he noticed Teri wasn't exactly...moving...
".....Teri?....Teri?...." He asked, snapping his fingers in front of her.
"....."
Second I get back, I'm bringing in new Mental Health guidelines because I am NOT dealing with this at work.... He thought as he awaited to see if she'd snap out of it.

Jake also smiled softly, bittersweet as well. His feelings and the Dragon's seemed to match perfectly.
"Angelus the Dragon. Despite your disdain for humanity, it is a human who has made you see truly. I understand completely what you are saying about Caim and yourself."

He struggled to stand up for a moment, and a package appeared in his hands. He stepped forward and gave it to the dragon. "Here are your clothes. A deep blue button up blouse, underwear and black pants. I had to guess at the sizes, they might be a bit small. All my ex-girlfriends I've bought clothes for have been short and lithe, heh. As for my issues... I... I did exactly the same as before, when we flew together. I was alone, with no allies beside me, and I broke. But yet, I was saved by allies, one I never even knew I had. My self-doubt has always been an issue, but this is driving me even crazier than I already am. I know it is a problem, and yet I overcome it before and it just keeps coming back! Even right bloody now, after I've helped you I feel like I'm useless and I know I'm not! IT IS FRUSTRATING! I HATE THIS ANXIETY! I HATE THIS FEELING IN MY CHEST, LIKE IT IS GOING TO BURST! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!!"

Jake stood there, clutching the air in pain, wanting to hit something but there was no one to hit, wanting to DO something but with nothing to do. A tear fell down his cheek.

"Why Angelus? Why am I this way? Why am I so strong yet so broken..." his voice shook in sadness and pain.

Slindis and David

She merely nodded as she made a hard pace tracking the trail. "Only thing that matters is that there's two children out there that might not make it through the next two days."

Drop Group #2: Caim | Gabrielle | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri | Devon | Ella

Sadei was fascinated at the events. Wow, that's unexpected. I don't really know what I'd do if I found out something like that, but I'm really happy that you're here! Otherwise, I'd be stuck in the Aberrant Paladin's bag still... she wasn't bad, but I could never get a good connection with her or anyone else from there. Really, it's kinda lonely when it's like that...

It was easy to tell that the staff enjoyed being around Teri. The fact that it always seemed to be just the right weight no matter how tired Teri was added to that fact, and for some reason Sadei just felt right being held by Teri.

As they were having their mental talk, Devon cautiously approached the group. After all, he'd seen a lot on the brick sh!thouse known as Rugal, and there were a few people he really didn't want to piss off here. Completely lost on what to do, he began playing a song as Ella waited in the background, walking to the group playing a relaxing guitar melody.

"So, how is everyone?" He looked around at the group, hoping none of them had any reason to be mad at him.
Devon got a 20 on his Perform check, making it a Great Performance.

Drop Group #2: Caim | Gabrielle | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri | Devon | Ella

Teri smiled inwardly as the staff's joy washed over her, and slipped out of the trance, which had her realize that her friend had been waiting for her to say something. And happy day! The suit was perfect. She blinked a few times before blanching and a chorus of "Sorry!"'s tumbled out of the Tablet. Clearly, the trance had been just that, a trance. Rugal quietly noted that based upon how the girl reacted (her usual over-apologetic shtick), she had probably fell into a meditative exercise of some kind, which was why she wasn't upset, or melancholy. However, it was amusing to see her stumble over her words to explain what happened,

"Whoops! I don't know what came over me! You know how this staff talks? Well, I pretty sure you know, being that it's enchanted and everything... Anyway, it kind of wanted an info-dump from me, and I complied... I didn't mean to ignore you. Sorry again! By the way? Is the suit up to code? I did my best to size it up and...."

She paused when the bard appeared behind Rugal, and held her staff at ready (and in an inexperienced grip at that) "Mr. Bernstein... There's someone behind you. Hey you, show yourself..."

When Devon stepped into the Moonlight, Teri tilted her head in confusion as something... Familiar, echoed in her mind.

"Believe me when I say this, I feel like I've seen you before. But who are you?"

Rugal
Rugal merely stared at Teri with a slighly confused look until he recalled the talking staff.
"Oh, I see. It's perfect, stitching is correct, fits like a glove, silk is high quality, the works..."
It was then she directed his attention to Devon.
Great...this is going to be like meeting Saya...
"You there. Identify yourself..." He said in a part threatening tone, These clones were starting to piss him off...

David
The marksman nodded at the Drow's statement.
"...Ever wonder why it's always the kids that get the "Great Big Destinies" and such? Just between Tomoya, Those Writer types I hear about, Riki and Kud, I mean, why do they always pick someone so....Ill-prepared. I'm not jelous or anything, but why not the like the Dragon or something? They do this shit daily." He asked, leaning on the forth wall as he did.

He stops the performing slowly, trying his best to appear calm. "Teri, you last saw me in your dorm room, but I'm Devon. Could you please calm down a little bit? I'm a little worn out after the past few days." It was a bit odd for Teri, as Devon wasn't this in shape the last time they had met, and he definitely didn't have an electric guitar or a shortsword. Judging from the marks on it, he knew how to use it, too.

In the distance Tajuh turned to look at the Author enter the area and looked him over. At least he'll be of use here. Inexperienced, sure, but he'll not actively hold us back.

Slindis and David

She looked out at a faded point of the trail and sighed. "Some joke from the gods? Honestly, I don't know. If they interpret 'pure' as 'never used a weapon in their life' then sure, they're pure enough." She remained unreadable as she searched for where the trail led from here.

Angelus thought for a moment as she redressed, shame not really being a thing to cross her mind. When she was properly covered, she looked back at the sorrow-filled human, and thought again of Fake!Akane's ability to mess with her emotions. If she, the strong and stoic dragon could be affected, then Jake's already fractured mind would not be good for him. Her anxieties about her emotions would have to wait...

She turned back to Jake, and tried to remain calm as she spoke, thinking that the violent approach she took earlier would not help here, "... Jake, I find it a common factor in human behavior to feel as if one is lacking use in their groups. I understand that you feel a similar way. But, perhaps you are trying to force yourself into a niche that is not suited for you. You've professed a lacking in swordsmanship before. That might be because the sword is not for you. Have you ever sat down and think clearly about what you want to do to help? Or did you just charge ahead with the first idea that sounded like a good one?"

She waved her hand over the remnants of their campfire, and it burned again. She lead him to the flame, and sat him down, "Look into this flame. Focus upon it's shape, it's texture, the heat. Focus upon everything about that tongue of flame, until all your thoughts are burned away in it's cleansing pyre. Perhaps with a clearer mind, you may find the answers you seek. Do not try to rush it, but don't expect an answer the first time you peer into it. It is alright to look away if it is too bright; but it will ruin the point of this exercise. Now, look. Do you see anything?"

Rugal | Teri

Teri's staff did not falter, and she spoke, "You've certainly changed a lot since I've last seen you. But before I can know for certain who you are, answer me this. What did I ask you and you alone before I left my dorm? I only told the Real Devon that..."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 . . . 874 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here