The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 . . . 874 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Nighttime | January 1st

Rugal | Teri

Devon rubbed his chin for a moment then spoke up. "You wanted me to look after Ton-Ton because he was injured, if I remember correctly. Sorry if it's a bit off, but as I said, I've been real busy. And what's with the outfit? It's nice, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen you wearing anything like that." Devon's clothing smelled slightly smoky, almost as if he had been near a campfire for a long time.

Drop Group #1: Angelus | Jake
Jake felt the warmth of the fire, the comfort and safety it provided. He soaked in the words of the wise old dragon, he voice low and harsh yet full of care. Before he looked into the fire, he gazed into Angelus' eyes. "I ain't the brightest of sparks out there Angelus. I jumped at the chance to be taught by Caim as I thought it would be the best skill to learn in such a short time for the fighting on the ground. I'm a pilot and marksman, dunno why I figured a sword would help me. Perhaps because my own sword was the only thing I had with me when I was brought across when Red Mage collided the worlds?"

Sitting down at the fire, he gazed into it. He felt the flames wash over him, the heat, the raw and unchecked power radiating. His eyes glazed over and he started breathing deeply. His voice completely calm, he began to speak softly. "Sword... A wolf. A Starship. ....The wolf returns."

Jake leant into the fire, his face inching closer and closer until it nearly touched the flames. "Angelus. I see a wolf. Standing guard? ...Or over somebody?"

He stopped talking and merely sat staring into the flames, lulled by them.

Rugal | Teri

While he waited for Teri's response, he looked at Rugal and laughed to relieve some tension before introducing himself. "It's good to meet you, Mister Bernstein. I'm Devon, and I guess I'll be working with you for the time being. Is there any way we could get some rest tonight?"

Although the man was trying to avoid stepping on any toes, the King of Fighters could tell that Devon was still fairly new when it came to combat compared to any other member of the crew. Teri was right around this man's area of experience, and he seemed slightly uncomfortable in his body.

Rugal
Rugal stood to the side as Teri and Devon talked, deciding to stay out of it, at least until Devon addressed him.
From what he could gather, he seemed to have some form of power in him, on par with Teri's, though he still seemed green.
"...The pleasure is mine. Personally, I'm not certain if we can afford the time or if we even have the means to set up a camp in this area. At this point, I'd almost be tempted to call Viscus, but with all that lighting in the sky...." He said as he gazed up at the storm above.
"...Still, from what I've gathered and experienced, at lot of the crew do need to recover from the battles today.....*Sniff*.....Ugh, you smell like you just came out from a fire..."

Rugal
Devon looked down at his clothes, glad that they hadn't been burned. "Well, they never do tell you how much spells drain a man. They got me through that fight with Angelus, but I hope I'll never have to play that badly again." A quick glimpse to the trees showed that the succubus was getting a small amount of rest, and the man stifled a yawn.

"...For fuck's sake, if Slin could hold out in worse, why am I wimping out so soon?..." He leaned against one of the trees, making sure to not damage his instrument.

Rugal
Rugal remained gazing up at the hostile sky as Devon talked.
"I'll assume that was a Clone, you're still alive..." He said, mostly commending the Dragon's power rather then bad-mouthing Devon.
Mostly.
He perked up slightly at the mention of Slindis.
"That would be because Slindis has years of training and experience on you, She'd want to be able to hold out in worse..." He said as he finally looked away from the sky and towards the writer.
"You didn't happen to see her did you? Just I'd like to talk to her before she meets Melethia, something happened that I need to debrief her on."

Writer's note to everyone~!

Hello everyone, I hope you have been well. I am prepped for the last of the moving stuff tomorrow, the crap thing is that when I have moved all the stuff it means I will have no internet until the 17th. Sorry to everyone since I'm GM-ing this arch and it had to happen now, but I will try my best to find a connection and post.

The worst part is that I will be disconnected from not just the internet but you guys and the AA. It makes me sad how such a little thing as no internet can effect people.

Hopefully I can see you all soon and I hope you can do a little something within the AA while I am gone.

~ Shaun!

Riki & Kud.
Time: Night.
Weather: Black Lightning & light rain.

The group of tribal warriors were executing their escape perfectly, they ran through the environment perfectly, this may of granted them swift legs and fast speed but they also left many clues from where they were going. The temple was their destination, but the question is what for? What do these tribes want with the young girl and what will the heroes do to stop them. Everything lies at the corrupted temple of light, where most of the tribe's light comes from. It seemed that there was more then one tribe camping at the temple, it looked like a celebration more then a camp.

The young girl Kud was trapped in one of the rucksacks two warriors carried, she was gagged and couldn't let out a squeak. The fortunate part is that they had left her weapons on her, the unfortunate part is that they also tied her up. "(Riki...)" She could only think as a few tears streamed down her face thinking of her lover as her kidnappers kept sticking to their trail.

Meanwhile, the other half of the girl was following the pack. The boy Riki was behind their trail, anger and fear dwelled inside him and it almost felt like he was going to combust into a million pieces, this warmed him up as he was soaked from top to bottom from the jump. The thoughts of saving his younger lover were the only thing pushing him on in this dense and unknown place. The dark provided obstacles to slow him down, but the clues left behind by the pack were allowing him to follow swiftly.

"(Riki...)" Suddenly a voice called for him. "KUD!" He yelled out feeling Kud's sadness and worry. "I will get her back... I will get her back... " He kept repeating to himself as he pulled back the slider of his gun and kept on following the everlasting trail. The worst part about this is that both parties were attracting predators and dangers behind them.

No one knew what lurked within the night.

Everyone from group 3.
Time: Night.
Weather: Black Lightning & light rain.

Everyone back at the camp could clearly see the tracks leading to the cliff and beginning again out of the water. Two types of prints were left behind, many feet and a single pair of shoe prints left in the sand, both led to the forest. Everyone knew were the trail was leading to, the corrupted temple of light had multiple fires surrounding it and strange noises coming from it. It almost seemed that there was more there then a simple tribal camp.

The dangers are of course the predators that lurked in the night and which have been attracted to both the trials and Riki.

Dark Tomoya.
Time: Midday.
Weather: Clear.

The tough desert air gently touched Tomoya as he window was open. The police car he borrowed from the recently deceased sherif was running low on fuel and pretty much lasting on the last vapor of the gas. A few minutes later and the car came to a complete stop. Bashing his own head on the steering wheel multiple times, Tomoya sighed to himself as he got out of the car still equipped with his attire and patrol sunglasses.

Sighing for a while, Tomoya decided to stick his thumb up on the side of the desert road, waiting for some poor sap to drive by. I mean... who wouldn't pick up a broken down cop sticking out his farm?

Well if he was wearing that kind of attire... you must be crazy.

Luckily for Tomoya a truck driver pulled over for the Dark Archangel, not knowing how much trouble he is into. "Thanks a lot sir." Tomoya said politely as he hopped into the passenger seat of a trucker named Fred. "Howdy friend, who are you?" He said in a slick american accent, "I'm Officer Davids... I was just driving my car to the new county I'm working in." Tomoya said with a smirk and a toothpick in his mouth, he also tried to pull of an american accent.

"Well buddy, where are you going?" The trucker asked him, "Nearest diner and gas station please." Tomoya responded. "Okay, I feel like some lunch anyway, Hehehe." The Trucker chuckled as the truck sped off onto the desert highway once more. The trucker did not know that he has done the worst mistake of his life.

Rugal | Teri

Teri's eyes slit a little, but her staff was lowered, "Half credit. There were two reasons I wanted you to keep Ton Ton back. I'll be expecting the other half at some point tonight. Too many fakes to deal with to be getting careless."

She returned the staff to a walking stick and looked him over, "I don't remember you having all that gear... Dimitri, did I forget him with all this stuff?"

A posh sounding voice came from her tablet, to Devon's surprise, and said, "The Archives were combed and nothing was found."

Teri made a satisfied noise and then continued, "As for my uniform, Ms. Slindis gave it to me. She's training me in the art of being a Cleric. Which makes me wonder; you're a DnD fan, guitar... Are you a bard now? It would explain a few things about your getup."

Angelus nodded with the same stoic and calm face, and spoke, "The fact you see anything at all is progress unto itself. Now, as for what you are seeing, that will be up to you. What do these items mean to you? What do you think they mean? Do they have a personal significance to you? Think out loud about these things you see; and keep your mind open to possibilities..."

Rugal | Teri

He yawned, and Teri could see that the man was worn out. "Rugal, I haven't seen Slin. And Teri, I know that little guy means the world to you too. Wish I'd kept a better eye on him then, but I didn't have to worry about that this time. And I did get a bit of Training from Hell. I'll be able to deal with the price, especially since it gave such a good start."

"But what happened to Melethia?"

Rugal
Rugal sighed as he glanced over towards the sleeping Elf.
"So, Tomoya, our enemy, has put some class of curse in place here. One of the side effects was creating clones of those in the forest. As a result, A fake of Slindis arrived and pretended to be Melethia's mother.
Then she stabbed her in the chest with her rapiers.
It was touch and go for while, but I managed to save her using some of clones power once I ended her." He explained to Devon, looking at his hand and clenching his fist as he did.
"I'd rather break the news to her myself before she meets with Melethia because I believe that it might be hard for her to trust her mother again after that..." He finished, saddened by the turn of events, little Melethia was one of the few people on the crew he could stand.

Devon | Rugal | Teri

Teri gasped at the reveal of who had rendered Melethia in that state, "No..."

Although she didn't know the girl well, she did know that her teacher cared about Melethia more than life itself. Nothing about that situation would be easy, as, unlike her experience with "betrayal", there was nothing for Kalastryn to de-mystify or reveal. Melethia would go on thinking that her own flesh and blood had the capacity to do something so cruel to her. The mere concept of it brought a heavy feeling on Teri's heart; and her own went out to the child.

As Rugal and Devon continued their discussion, Teri bowed her head and gave a silent prayer for the mother and child. She wasn't entirely sure who her God's hand extended to, but decided that if no other gods would, she might as well try to beseech her own.

Rugal
"It's a sad state of affairs and it might make getting though the Temple even harder. Despite her age, she knows more about traps then the rest of us..." Rugal added as Teri prayed.
"....I'm going to tell her it was a clone, but I don't know how much that would help..."

AIM Soldiers
"CAN SOMEONE GET THIS GUY OFF ME! I CAN'T SEE!" The pilot shouted as he attempted to remove the bard from he top of the mech.
He began spinning the Mech around in circles, hoping to get Inuart dizzy enough he would let go.
His back up was about to shoot the bard unless several dozen bullets cut them down from AIM guns.
"KEEP HIM BUSY SIR! TURRET IS NEARLY ONLINE!" one shouted as he threw a grenade into the main building to discourage re-enforcements.
From the second's look he got in, Inuart saw the ice was cleared on the Gun turret and it was merely a matter of turning it on, a feat made harder by the water damage.

AIM Soldiers

Inuart continued clinging for dear life as the Mech spun out of control. However, that did not mean he was without any fight left. Slowly, he crawled to where the faceplate could be reached with his free hand and began bashing at the visor whenever he got a free hand into it. The armor on his hand was helpful in keeping the reinforced glass from harming him; but that didn't make the work any less miserable. It wasn't completely without any fruit; as a small crack began to work it's way on the visor.

"JUST! DIE! ALREADY!"

AIM Soldiers
"HAHAHAHAHA! THIS IS FUCKING RE-ENFORCED METAL! YOU CA-*Crack*.....Uh oh..." The Pilot exclaimed as the crack grew larger and larger.
The serum Viscus gave him was working and soon, the managed to make out part of pilot's face as a small shard broke off.
Clearly un-nerved, the pilot stopped spinning and brought the arms of the mech up to start bashing his forehead, hoping to crush Inuart in the process.

Drop Group #1: Angelus | Gabrielle | Jake

Jake was not the only one who was in the midst of struggling with their identity. Gabrielle floated in the darkness of the Shadow Realm, her body curled into a ball, her hands holding her knees to her chest, as she stared at the body of the False Kokoa Shuzen.

Her gambit to save Jake had been successful but it had also had consequences; the skeletons in her closet had been found, taken from said closet and thrown out into the streets for the world to see.

Looking about the darkness, she wondered if she could stay there, locked away until everyone forgot about her, until they were bits of bone buried in the ground.

Looking at Not!Kokoa's corpse, she was thankful that she would be alone.

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Kurumu looked down at the Anti-Mage that was making herself quite at home against the Succubus' chest and smiled a bit, even more so as Puce started looking like a fish out of water.

And while this talk of futures and children had made it clear that Kurumu had visions of a future with Puce, it wasn't until that point that Kurumu also clarified that perhaps some room had been made for Kyre.

"Kyre... Puce and I'll probably stop all this travelling one day. Maybe when we do you could..." Kurumu's words halted in midsentence as she spotted the arrival of Devon and Ella; her body seeming to stiffen not due to Devon mind you, but the Succubus companion that carried him in.

Ella Rockwell had been quiet while Devon had been conversing with Rugal but when she spotted a face that she knew in the crowd of people that were gathered at the encampment.

"Hey Devon? I'm going to go say hello to your friends..." She said as she wandered off without waiting for a response.

Seconds later, she cleared her throat loudly as she sat next to Caim.

"Hello Caim. Fancy seeing you still alive." The Succubus said as she tapped into Not!Caim's memories.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis

Elena looked about as the group traveled, seeing nothing but darkness. At this rate they would become lost themselves without light, the downside being they would be visible to anyone lurking nearby.

"I'm starting to lose the trail... we should stop until sunrise... Or if anyone has a lightsource..."

Drop Group #4: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Ton Ton

As the dragon and the tonberry tried to figure out how to become pact partners, on the ground Aftan and Akane watched in amusement.

"Do you think they will be able to enter such a powerful contract?" She asked her lover.

Cadolbolg tried again, this time concentrating on binding his being with Ton Ton's

"Our souls bound, Our fates entwined... Ton Ton I accept you as my partner... These words bind us our pact... *pause*... did that work?"

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

As A.I. Vermilion and Dmitri conversed over tea, a question...

"When I came into being, I sensed a number of other programs in existence on the Airship. One called itself Blackharte and another was on the verge of entering... It called itself Viscus. Do you know of them?"

AIM Soldiers
Inuart's head reeled a bit from all the spinning, and decided he'd rather not risk being crushed. The moment he saw the mech's hands come up, he jumped off the back of the Mech, and watched as the pilot hit himself in the face and destroy what protection he had left. This boosted the morale of Inuart's men, and a few of them attempted to start making shots at the pilot while others attended to the wet turret.

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

"Hello Caim. Fancy seeing you still alive." The Succubus said as she tapped into Not!Caim's memories.

Caim looked at the strange woman with confusion, and said, "... Well I should be alive, or else I wouldn't be here. Who are you, and how do you know my name?"

His grip on Reaper's Scythe tightened slightly as he was addressed by the woman; especially since she seemed aware of who he was without his prior knowledge.

Ton Ton frowned again, and shook his head, "This is a magical ritual thing; so I bet some action is involved with saying something. Hmn... I wonder if has something to do with hearts. They say you put heart into something, you work hard on it, right?"

Placing his hand on his heart, and raising the knife in the other, he solemnly spoke, "I, Ton Ton: Guardian of the Mistress, humbly accept this honor given by the Dragon Cadolbolg. Let the pact begin and our battle-strength reflect the bonds of brotherhood!"

There was a pause, and Ton Ton felt incredibly silly... Until the hand on his heart started slipping inside of him. With a somewhat horrified expression, Ton Ton looked to Cadolbolg, "I think it's working! Something's happ- OH MY GOD THIS REALLY HURTS!"

Of course it does, Ton Ton, for when one makes a pact, one removes their heart and joins it with another. One heart is burden enough, let alone two.

Dimitri's expression grew hard at the mention of the AIs, and nodded, "I have encountered this Viscus character before. He is quite rude, and very strict about where I am allowed to go. I am only permitted to be in my Lady's quarters of the ship; when I'd like to be everywhere. There is so much to explore, and I'd like to take a look..."

He sighed, and swirled his cup; "I know he is preforming his duty; but I cannot help but feel a hint of arrogance in the air about him. It was very... Unsettling, for lack of a better term, to meet the first of another like myself, and to know that he could delete me, with him flaunting that detail clearly, without a moments thought."

AIM Soldiers
The Mech reeled from the impact, the pilot instantly regretting his poor judgement.
He used the mech's arms to protect his now exposed head from small arms fire, preventing him from attacking.
"SIR! TURRET ONLINE! YOU WANT THE HONOURS?!" One of his men shouted as the turret hummed to life, offering the seat to Inuart.
The turret had enough punch to take out the mech and possibly even the main building of the base.

AIM Soldiers

If there was something Inuart was good at doing, it was using charisma to his advantage. Knowing full well he had absolutely no idea how to operate a gun, he smiled and yelled back, "Have at it yourselves! You've earned it!"

There was a cheer among the men as the turret began to tear into the Mech and utterly destroy the piece of machinery. Inuart could only sit back and laugh as his soldiers cried out as jovial school children. He had done a fine job indeed.

Destroyed transport: 40,000 dollars.
Used Serum: 100,000 dollars and climbing.
Playing off the inability to use a gun and win the hearts of your soldiers with wanton violence? Priceless.

AIM Soldiers
Inuart watched as the remaining US soldiers were lined up in front of the turret, most of them pleading to the disguised AIM Soldiers.
"Look, Mr. Angel sir, I'm on your side! Look, LOOK!:
*Ahem*
Jesus is a friend of mine~
Jesus is my friend~
Jesus is a fri-
"
The horrible singing was cut short with a single shot that reduced the soldier to Red Paste.
And the next man was brought up and the cycle repeated.

"Sir! Transmission from HQ!" One of his men said as he handed him a PDA with Viscus on it.
"I am classifying this Mission as a success : Teams similar to your have been sent out to other bases : I am arranging a Transport to retrieve you and your team : ETA : 15 minutes : You have ensured the future profits of AIM will be vast and shall be rewarded : Viscus out."
And so the Bard watched as the enemy was finished off.

Rugal
As the night began to set in, Rugal looked up into the sky and frowned.
"Teri, can you contact Viscus on the ship? He may be able to set up a supply drop, This night might be stormy..." He asked, recalling the drop pod he summoned right on Dillon's Room, that was a good day...

AIM Soldiers

Inuart smiled, and called out to his men, "Finish it up quick and clean, our transport's in 15 minutes."[

The cries and screams of the enemy soldiers meant nothing to the bard; save that their deaths were instrumental to his goals. And that made everything that much sweeter.

Rugal

Teri looked up after being acknowledged by Rugal, "I don't think I'll be able to establish face to face contact, but I can send Dimitri with a message attached. But first, I'll probably need your signature to authenticate the message. Viscus is super territorial and threatened to delete him on the spot. Just tell me what you want sent and I'll type it up and bring up the signature input. Then, Dimitri can take care of the rest and I'll delete the cache when it's all over. That's simple enough..."

She sat down on the grass and put the tablet in her lap for typing, she looked up at the man towering over her,

"The exact message, sir?"

As Teri was talking to Rugal, Dimitri received a prompt about his mission, and looked to Vermilion when he finished, "Ah, duty calls. I hate to impose, but do you think you could keep this place safe any intruders that might try to filter in? You are very good at what you do, but that Viscus character has a nasty attitude towards me; and if he were to track me back here... I loathe to think of it."

AIM Soldiers
"......"
".....What?"
"....You know...."
"....*Sigh*...Ju-just say the fucking line."
"Yes! SIR! YES! SIR!"
And there was much rejoicing in that soldiers heart!

Rugal
"Yes, Viscus's main priority is protecting the Cartel. He does this by protecting himself, he's actually quite valuable." Rugal explained as Teri when to type the message.

"Rugal Bernstein : Access Code : Combofiend
Report back if you are able to send a Cartel supply drop to my location.
Contents : Out-door shelters; Food; other survivalist materials.
If you are unable, report back accordingly.
End Message

PS: Access Code : Combofiend is now invalid."

He then added his digital signature and allowed Dimitri to do his thing.

Viscus
As the AI watched over the ship, he was also monitoring 63 attacks on US Army suppliers following the success of Inuart's mission.
The air around the airship was flooded in coded messages to AIM Teams all over the US.
For a machine like him, the deaths of all these people was merely a chore.

Rugal | Teri

After Teri had finished typing, she waited patiently for Dimitri to import himself into the message, and hit enter. Little did she know that Dimitri had compacted his three allies and THE_NINE_IRON for safe keeping (that is to say, once a certain phrase was inputted, they would be unzipped for use; the same worked in reverse). Signature or not, he did not trust Viscus.

The Rising Dawn's Computer systems

Dimitri arrived in the mail room without incident, and began to look around for the unpleasant program known as Viscus. Messages were being sent and released all over the place, which was a little disorienting compared to the humble mailroom in his home Tablet. In fact, the comparison between the two couldn't really compare. In terms of sizing, Dimitri would have guessed that an appropriate approximation of size between the two would be like comparing a cottage to the whole of New York City.

Clutching the message that ensured his safety from Viscus to his chest, he called out,

"..Hello? Viscus? I was sent here to bring you a message from User: Rugal Bernstein : Access Code : Combofiend?"

Devon | Rugal | Teri

If Devon was about to fall asleep, he immediately woke up at that reveal. "Oh fuck." He took a moment to think of the consequences, face getting darker as her did so. He looked over at the unfamiliar older man tending to what seemed to be a coat and realized Melethia might be under the coat. Devon cleared his throat before saying in a worried tone, "Teri, if this is what I think it is, Slindis and Melethia are all they have left. When they find out about this, it's going to hurt them both really badly. Has Melethia even stirred since the attack?"

Tajuh took a keen look at the succubus as she got near him and Melethia when she went to talk to Caim. The fact that she was still sleeping was comforting and concerning at the same time. "Succubus, if you're not careful, you could end up harming the girl here. If that happens, I would have to ask you to leave."

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis

Slindis didn't even bother to turn around again. "You mean to tell me you humans didn't bring torches down here when you knew that we were going to be heading into a temple? Just because I can see here doesn't mean you can." The drow looked out for a decent campsite in case the humans wanted to sleep, her vision not failing her in this light.

The Rising Dawn's Computer systems
Viscus froze for a instant as the Code was said before shutting down his feeds to the AIM operation and locking the programs until he got rid of the inferior AI.
This was a long drawn out process as he had to inform every team that he was going offline for a brief period.

Back in the mail room, Dimitri couldn't help but notice that the messages seemed to increase in number once he arrived, what was Viscus up to?

Rising Dawn Computer Systems

Dimitri looked about in interest when the messages increased in number; and wondered to himself, "Hmn, I wonder if that term does something around here? It certainly increased the number of messages..."

With nothing else to do, Dimitri cleared his throat, and said, "Access Code: Combofiend."

That was when all hell broke loose. Every single message that was available opened, revealing interesting bits and pieces of many different kinds of operations; particularly of the military persuasion. Troop movements, orders, profit margins, a video of Bruiser jumping for joy as he got the EXP needed to evolve by killing US soldiers.... BRUISER?! What?! What was this he was looking at? After a quick scan of the area; one thing held a common thread for it all: the letters AIM in sequence. Reviewing his memory, Dimitri realized that this is what Viscus had his digital self waist deep in. And if Viscus was connect to Rugal...

"The Madam! No, not just her, all of us could possibly be in grave danger! I have to leave here... But I must also deliver this message... Um... Combofiend! Sort yourselves out! SOMETHING!"

Devon | Rugal | Teri

Teri kept her gaze away from Devon as she spoke, "I am aware of what that implies, Devon. I destroyed a world once, remember?"

She sighed and rubbed her temples in an attempt to soothe an oncoming headache that was the product of stress, spell expenditure and Author Power use.

"She hasn't woken up yet, but according to Ruga- Sorry, Mr. Bernstein's story, she should be alright by physical standards. Do you have any other questions?"

Digital Nightmare
As Dimitri went to sort out the now opened messages, another one came it, it was a video.
The Thumbnail had Viscus's Face on it.
Within the space of a few seconds, every message he had opened had that same Thumbnail, over 100 Viscus faces staring at the Low Level AI.
Then the intruder alarm blared, the entire ship's system took on a blood red tint as alerts went off by the truck load.
*Thud*
Then it got far worse: the man himself was there.
Dimitri turned around and saw the avatar of Viscus standing there.
"........Security : Deactivate..." He ordered as the maddening light show ended and the messages returned on their way.
"So now you know the full extent of AIM's operations for the date of January 1st 2013 : Before I delete your small privative program : I have a query :
What do you think?"
He asked, almost like one would ask their opinion on a painting or a sculpture.

Rugal
Rugal was zoned out for the main duration of the conversation, not hearing the part about destroying worlds.
"I'm going to explain it to her straight when she awakes: That low quality fake was not her mother. I know, it'll be hard, but well begun is half done as they say." He answered as he gazed towards the elf in question.

Keeping his eyes on the fire, Jake responded slowly. "I have always felt a connection to wolves and dogs, and my old friends used to say I was either. Stupidly Loyal, Loyally Stupid. I always looked out for them, going to ridiculous efforts for them, in anything. But solving the issues of teenagers is so much easier than protecting warriors and mages. A few words, a slap to the face, and things could be worked out back home. But here? Here I'm the one being protected and saved. Thank you, by the way. Now, the Wolf. Powerful, fast, cunning, sneaky. A pack animal... Territorial. Highly protective of family. Depicted in fiction as an honourable beast, families that have taken the Wolf for their crest are known for being highly intelligent and honourable, cunningly dangerous when crossed and in war. ...That actually does sound like me. So now, how to put this into action...

Jake sat and mused silently for a bit, flames dancing in the reflection of his skyblue eyes. He wasn't sure if the Dragon would respond, but he hoped she would. Her advice was proving to be the only thing keeping him going in this world. And Teri and Slindis healing him.

Devon | Rugal | Teri

Devon looked at his watch before continuing. "Go ahead, Mister Bernstein. It could be worse, though: We could be attacking Goenitz while one of us is being held hostage." Devon said this, not knowing that A.) Bruiser's actions still lingered in Teri's memory and B.) Rugal knew about Goenitz, the Archangel.

In his trying to be casual, he'd possibly set off two landmines.

Rugal
Rugal was about to answer until:
Goenitz.
A name he'd thought he'd never hear from again.
He froze still for a moment, recalling that time in the market place where he first saw him.
Shaking it off and dismissing what Devon said as him mishearing it, there was no way he could know about him of all people....right?
"....Yes....I guess it could...." He said, some what absently, trying to hide his little flashback and doing a bad job at it.

Digital Nightmare
When Viscus arrived, Dimitri hid the message behind his back in a desperate attempt to delete the PS from Rugal's message as he was addressed by the ship's AI. That didn't stop him from being any less nervous about being addressed by the AI, however.

Upon being accused Dimitri stammered, "I've no idea what you're talking about! You have no need to delete me! And What do you mean "What do I think?!" What are you even addressing?! A sentence with a lack of a subject will only lead to confusion!"

Here Dimitri was, knee deep in trouble, and yet he was lecturing a far more superior AI about writing sentences and communication. Yup, Dimitri finally agreed to himself, he had lost it.

Rugal | Teri | Devon

Teri looked up at Rugal when he spoke up, "All we can do is wait then. Just try to be gentle with her..."

At Devon's mention of hostages and attacks, Teri shifted ever so slightly and rubbed her arms in an attempt to warm herself. But this is South America, it wasn't cold at all.

Angelus nodded slowly, "So you feel a desperate need to aid and protect your allies. While this good, a passion without a direction is chaos. Now, would you like to explain what the wolf is returning from? Or would you like to move to another topic? There is still the mystery of a sword and a ship to attend to..."

Ella looked up to Tajuh, holding up her hands in innocence, after all what harm could the admission that a creature borne of hell holding the memories, albeit, corrupted memories, of one Swordsman have?

"Look, Tajuh..." and she knew his name because Not!Caim knew his name because Caim knew Tajuh's name," I'm not here to cause any trouble... I just wanted to know how much of the memories that I received from the impersonator are real and how much are false."

Now there was a bit of lower lip biting as she remembered some rather spectacular scenes involving aerial fighting, conflict and ultimately Caim's survival. It was all... so... Exciting!

"The last thing I want to to cause any fric-"

*THWACK!*

And that was where Kurumu punched the otber Succubus in the jaw.

Kurumu sat there staring hard at the new succubus... Pausing long enough to ease the Anti-Mage away from her and over to Puce who had sat down, the blue haired Succubus marched over to Ella and punched her in the jaw.

"WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE ALASHI!! DID SHE SEND YOU TO SPY ON ME AGAIN?!?" Kurumu roared as she stood over her counterpart on the ground, who was at that point smiling and rubbing her jaw.

"Jeez... Kuru... Nice way to say hi to your sister."

"HALF!! And not a very good half either!!"

Oh brother....

As Dmitri left, A.I. vermilion nodded and started the process of bouncing Dmitri's signal across multiple servers, satellites and government networks.

Digital Nightmare
Viscus motioned his hand and brought up live camera feeds from several of his on going operations.
"I asked what do you think of what you see : Horrified? : Disturbed? : Imtimadated?" He asked again as he advanced toward, Minigun still revved.
"I ask you because I want to know if the contents of these files were worth your life : I would like a answer before I kill you." He asked again, now standing eye to eye with Dimitri.
"Because that is what's going to happen : I've locked all access to this vessel : Output and Input : I am present in all systems : There is no way out until I assign resources to kill you : Was it worth it?"

A hand waved nonchalantly as Jake continued to gaze into the fire. "The sword is of little importance. A tool, a weapon, it is no more than that. I saw this sword in the flames, encased in ice." he said as he patted the blade at his side.

"But the ship... Tomoya has an Angel Fleet, based on EVE ships out there. We are talking about colossi vessels, the smallest several hundred meters long to his flagship, the Blackhawke that is several kilometers long. And it is heavily armed and shielded, a force to be reckoned with on it's own, not to mention his fleet. This attack of ours here, is only the opening stage of war. We need to take the Stone of Light, and destroy it, to rob him of access to it's powers. Then we only stand against a fallen ArchAngel, not the Guardian of the Stone of Light as well. But to kill him, we shall also need a fleet. The ship I saw is one I have used in Roleplays before, that is, similar activities to the Avatar Adventure. That was back before I knew as an Author I was playing with real people's lives. Before it all changed.... But I digress. The ship, is a mammoth in her own right. She is just over a kilometer long, bristles with turbolaser batteries and can carry many fighter craft. She is well armoured and shielded, fast and agile yet a battleship able to stand and fight. And now, even as I describe her, I can see the battle in the fire. Shots being traded, shields flaring and dying, armour breaking, ships cracking and exploding... AAARGH!"

Jake screamed out and clutched his eyes as he fell away from the fire, curling into a fetal position.

Akane smiled briefly. "I hope they do. They fight well and make a good team, good friends. I suppose it might be the same as our wedding gift to Amaya, Dillon and Luna. Did you think we would be able to make what we did? The power of the heart is the strongest I know. It even affects Jack, did you know? Kokoa should be here... I just don't know how I am going to face her after what I did..."

Rugal | Teri | Devon

Devon looked over at Teri. "You need something a bit warmer on? I can toss you my shirt for now, if you want." the man started unbuttoning his top shirt, revealing a sapphire-colored mail shirt over a white body shirt and tossed it to her.

After that, he turned to Rugal. "Still, never thought you'd go for Slindis. Then again, she's never had luck with her personal life at all." Rugal could see that the mail shirt was well made, and it was a shame to hide such a fine piece of armor underneath a shirt one could buy at any major retailer.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 . . . 874 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here