The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 . . . 873 NEXT

Rugal
Rugal took a moment to fully react to Devon's statement about him and Slindis.
...What?....Did he mean?....What?!
He slowly turned to face Devon before asking in an extremely annoyed voice "Excuse me? Go for? Would you mind repeating that, there seems to be a joke I'm not getting..."
It was at that moment Devon realised he made a MASSIVE mistake.
He was going to need more then chain mail...

Digital Nightmare

Dimitri gulped, and held his purpose to the far more intimidating AI, "I was sent with the objective of giving you this letter From User: Rugal Bernstein. You might want to read that, he thought it rather important. As for your question? I shall not answer it, for I do not intend to die today."

He gave a weak smile, "There is far too much work to be done, and I am necessary in that work. Access Code: ComboFiend."

With that, the letters all opened again, and chaos resumed. Dimitri decided that now was the time to unzip his files; and his 3 companions as well as one NINE_IRON, appeared to his aid. Bringing the weapon down on Viscus's head, Dimitri did not expect to have incapacitate him; but it certainly took the AI by surprise. In the wake of this, Dimitri and his entourage began to flee to other corners of the ship. As they did so, Dimitri called out, "Access Code, ComboFiend!

Recipeint: Tablet Dimitri
Subject: SOS
Vermilion, I've been trapped on the ship by Viscus. If by any means you can help me get out, that would be most helpful, for he intends to kill me; and I must deliver some information to Madam Teri!"

Time: Night

BlackHarte | Armageddon

"Troublesome, jealous, clingy, masochist, cannibal, nymphomaniac," BlackHarte sighed, "what am I going to do with the young master?" The game was going badly for him. Somehow the fiery steed had managed to promote not one, but three of his pawns, and now was poised to pull one of the most ridiculous manuevers he had ever seen.

Armageddon bobbed his head from side to side and gave a gruff huff.

"I don't think I can accept her for who she is, at least not yet. Master Cwanuld is a broken bird, she needs to be fixed. Overindulgence is a threat to her health, and the lives of all those around her."

---

Caim | Devon | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

"What's... what's going on?" Kyre got up from the soft forest floor and walked up behind Kurumu, tugging gretfully at her shirt, "Kurumu... don't hurt your sister. Treat your family well because they are all you ever have in the end..."

Kyre started to tear up again, but held it back before pulling harder on Kurumu, "Sisters aren't suppose to hate each other..."

---

BlackHarte | Armageddon

"Could you get me a list of Master Cwanuld's family members? It would be beneficial to understanding her resolute obsession over that Succubus girl."

Armageddon nodded. But first the game needed to be finished.

Rugal | Teri | Devon

Devon backed away from the man as a small wind began to blow between the two. "Well, with how you're really concerned for Melethia and all, that's the first thing that jumped to my mind... Look, I didn't mean to piss you off here, and my memory is a bit shot right now. So could you try not to kill, maim, severely injure me, or keep me locked me away in your mansion to act as a Duracell battery?"

Tajuh | Ella | Kurumu

Tajuh gave his best condescending fatherlike stare as he spoke to the two in a scolding tone. "Do I need to break the two of you up here, or are you going to stop this and talk it out like sane people?"

Digital Nightmare
Viscus allowed the lower level AI to flee, it was no matter to him as he was already counting down the seconds to his target's deletion
Resuming the mail flow before he left the room, he began following the tracks of Dimitri, switching from Mini-gun to his wrist mounted shotgun
"You can only delay your deactivation for so long : But go ahead and try : I wanted to compare my simulation data away..." He taunted as he took his time, 100% assured victory.

Rugal
Rugal walked up to Devon and gazed down at him, his size almost making Devon wish he was still in hell.
But he was merely doing it to let the author know he wasn't going to listen to such rubbish for a moment longer.
"....You imply anything of that nature between me and woman, you will not wake up the following day...." He flatly warned before returning to his side, his red eye still locked onto the writers face.
That is the LAST thing I want to have to deal with right now... He thought.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Nighttime | January 1st

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Caim gave a small snort when he saw Kurumu assail the succubus, and silently watched as the two were pulled apart by Tajuh's words. However, the nagging thought remained... To the unknown succubus, Caim repeated, "Who are you exactly, and why are you asking me these strange questions? I've never met you before."

Teri looked up from her computer when she heard Rugal and Devon start to have at it, and walked between the two. This would not do; especially when there were far bigger fish to fry.

Teri rolls a 22 Diplomacy check!

Taking a deep breath, she said, "Cool it, both of you! Devon, stop with the jests. You said so yourself, you're not feeling too good and I understand that makes people say things they may not mean. I might be able to help you with that, but if you keep running your mouth in this state, somebody's going to get hurt."

Now for the hard part. She took another deep breath and looked at Rugal dead on, "As for you, sir; getting into fights just because your pride is hurt is no way to keep things running smoothly! You have proclaimed yourself our Captain! You need to act like it. That includes side-stepping verbal barbs instead of threatening to kill people for them! Yes, it makes sense you want your authority known, but that doesn't mean you need to hurt anybody who so much as sneeze at you funny. I know you don't like a lot of the people here. That's understandable; but if we're going to work together, then we need to put aside our differences. Okay?"

She looked between the two men nervously, but did not back down; "All of us feel like crap right now, and that's not going to change until this is done. Understandably, that makes people act far more irritable with one another. But that does not mean we need to jeopardize our mission for wounded pride. Will you two stop acting like children and make up?"

Big words from a small girl; especially one who's heart was pounding at the thought that she was doing this now. But with Tajuh distracted with Melethia, who else would?

Digital Nightmare

Dimitri silently watched as his message went with the flow of the others out of the Rising Dawn, and silently hoped that AI Vermilion would be able to get to it and possibly help him out of this fix; as ashamed as he was to admit it.

Drop Group #1: Angelus | Jake

Angelus bolted up from the fireside, and took forced Jake's hands away from his face to see what had happened to his eyes. From the looks of it, nothing had changed, save for the fact that they were not focusing upon her. The dragon bit her lip, and a huff of air exited her nose, "That'll be enough for today then... That vision must have been powerful, for your mind has struck you blind. You'll get your sight back by sunrise. Come, sit up again. I will make sure you don't hurt yourself..."

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

As Vermilion sat in the chambers, she saw that a book floated towards her with "New Message!" inscribed on the cover. What intrigued her the most was that the book was addressed to her...

Rugal
Rugal listened to the young cleric's speech, Rolling his eyes at the idea of such slander being allowed to slide.
Still, he remained quiet afterwards and it didn't seem like he was going to kill Devon.
Though a quick glance at the writer spelled out "Soon."

And thus he merely sat with the pair of writers as they waited for word of Dimitri and Viscus

Digital Nightmare
As the message was sent out, a wall to Dimitri's left was cut open by Viscus's Laser Sword.
Then he managed to do something most AI struggle to: Pull off a one liner
"Ctrl + Alt + Delete" He said as he switched back to his shotgun and fired on the AI, advancing as he did.

Jake shook visibly as he sat up with Angelus' help. He drew his knees up to his chest and rested his head upon them, wrapping his arms around his legs. A small flash of sapphire glowed under his shirt, and then Jake sighed. "I can't even use my Author powers to return my sight. I... I... I saw bodies, drifting through space, their eyes open yet blind, mouths twisted in pain as they couldn't breathe. I saw droplets of blood impact the view screen... *Shudder* I saw my beauty, my Gracemeria, I saw her break apart as explosions ripped through her hull. I saw the fire consume her, and all I could do was watch."

As he pensively sat there, face towards the fire again, he shook his head. Determination creased his face. "No. No more of this shit. I will not let that happen. We will triumph, we will beat that bastard and set things right. New York, an entire city was destroyed because of him. We must stop him lest he does it again. We will prevail... Angelus, thank you. I believe this is the third time you've helped me. Three favours I owe you now. Hopefully I can repay my debts to you before I die, as my lifespan is far shorter than yours. Well, seeing as I'm not going anywhere, is their anything that you wish to talk about? Oh Gods I just made that pun, didn't I?"

Rugal, Teri, Devon

Devon nodded before sitting down by a tree near Teri. "Seriously, what the fuck? I misinterpret one thing and suddenly I'm an asshole? I even tried apologizing, and the man looks like he wants to mount my head on a bayonet! How the hell do you guys work with him?" The man was clearlt worn out from the day.

Rugal, Teri, Devon

Teri rubbed her temples again, and dropped her audio to a low whisper; "I understand you're upset, but please don't take my actions the wrong way. Mr. Bernstein is... An interesting character; to say the least. He is a man of pride, and grudges. I didn't get the gist of the conversation, but from what I saw, you pissed him off and a fight was about to break out. If I didn't step in, I was afraid he was going to mount your head on said bayonet. I know I yelled at you both; but I was trying to keep things under control. We can't fight among ourselves, or else Tomoya wins."

Angelus shook her head with a soft chuckle, "I do not ask of you to owe me anything. I am glad that you are able to work your way out of your cloud of self-loathing. As for what I'd talk about... Well... I did mention what Akane had me realize, but now that I have an understanding of these emotions, I do not know what comes next. I am woefully unaware of human rituals of these kinds. With dragons, mating was purely for the purpose of creating wyrmlings. The pairs would stay together to ensure the survival of the children, and then leave once the last one was able to take care of itself. I do not think it works in the same way for mortals..."

Digital Nightmare

Dimitri gasped as the shot missed him, and YAMATA-NO-OROCHI hissed in retaliation of the assault, charging at the AI; to which SEIRYU followed. Dimitri looked around desperately, as he did not want the programs to go alone against Wesker. He spotted spare bits of data, and sent PRINCIPALITY after those; to which it began converting it to Dimitri's command. The data flowed through the 'air' like a current, and Dimitri watched in fascination as it moved to protect his programs from minor bits of damage.

"If I can get data converted to my side, then maybe... PRINCIPALITY! Try to build up some walls between us and that madman!"

The false angel nodded, and in a motion of it's staff; walls began to grow upwards and between Viscus and Dimitri's programs. However, the walls would not last long. Dimitri called to his main attackers, and the little group of programs exited the mailing room in favor of more expansive quarters. The kitchens perhaps? Or maybe the private quarter sectors?

Rugal, Teri, Devon
Rugal refused to re-enter in this conversation, not really one to admit his own faults, but taking the moral high ground at this point would be hypocritical.
So his mind more focused on what made him say that and thus he asked "Just Slindis? Really? What makes you think that a man of my...."Alignment" would take to a Paladin?!"

Digital Nightmare
Viscus quickly broke down the walls Dimitri has ereacted before returning to his slow terminator style advance, he knew that nothing that waste of processing could do would come close to hurting him and it didn't even matter if he got the word out.
1: He tells the heroes, they go after Rugal the REAL mastermind and as a result, be unable to find AIM
2: They tell the states, he could easily replace that data before it reached anyone of any importance.
3: They delete him here, he'll just use one of his other active AI's
This was the thing about being a villain, make sure every outcome is a good one

Jake chuckled back to the dragon, lifting his head and relaxing a bit. He looked almost at the dragon, his head still turned a bit to the flames as he replied. "The funny thing about Favours is you don't get to say I don't owe. It would be a stain on my honour to allow you to save my arse that many times and not repay you. To some, it would also be a grave insult as well. As for the issue of your feelings... Well. There are many different sets of rituals, but both you and Caim are happy as long as you are together, so that simplifies things. Humans and dolphins are the only two animals on this entire planet that mate for pleasure as well as for procreation. Trust me, it's one of the best feelings ever when done right, with someone who loves you just as much as you love them. But you and Caim already have a son, so I'm sure you would have noticed the feelings there, that of family. That is why humans stick together. My grandmother always said you partner would also be your best friend, someone you wanted to spend the rest of your life with. For you and Caim, well, you are Pactmates, but I see it has grown on you both. So, you two are a special case. Roll with it, it might be awkward at first, but I have faith in you Angelus. You'll figure it out, and if not, well, you've got all of us, your extended family on the Rising Dawn to help you. At least you've got someone to care for, and cares about you. I have rotten luck with girlfriends, but I manage. That's not even a worry anymore, heh!"

Rugal, Teri, Devon

Devon lazily lifted his head to Rugal and looked him in the eye. "I must have gotten something wrong, seeing how you reacted. As for why you might like her, maybe because she usually doesn't try to judge people harshly when she first meets them, her caring nature, or her natural confidence? Besides, you've met up with her a few times before where she helped you out while asking nothing in return." He finished the statement, mentally patting himself on the back afterwards for not spouting off too much about Blank Slate's events.

After he finished, he started reclining back against the tree, trying ti find a way that he could try to get a little bit of rest. But had he answered the tightass correctly?

Rugal, Teri, Devon
Rugal retained his sceptical shell through-out Devon's reasoning, avoiding giving the Writer any points for guessing correct, though that was hard when he hinted at....
My litt-
He quickly shook his head before that episode could even begin.
"....Mmmm...haven't thought of it that way....Still, I feel nothing for the woman and that's BEFORE we get into the topic of her profession, I recall hearing once that one of the trials is a Vow of Celibacy, So it's over before it even starts!" He lied skillfully, he even did get a straight answer on that topic.
"Bottom line though, Saving a child and being attracted to her mother are two completely different things..."

Rugal, Teri, Devon

The man remembered the whole bit on Rugal being in Equestria and did his best to keep a straight face as he responded. "Bit odd that you shut it down so fast, but who am I to say anything else? In any case, dealing with oversized roaches, greedy and lusty bastards, Kurumu's mother, and the fake form of Caim and Angelus is a bit much for one day, wouldn't you say?"

Rugal, Teri, Devon

Teri tilted her head in curiosity, and decided to lightly play along, "We'll see about that! Dimitri; I need you to find - Oh! Right... Airship. I wonder what's taking him so long..."

The girl frowned a little, but decided to content herself with watching the playful verbal sparing that began between her friends.

Digital Nightmare

Dimitri continued running down the halls, glad that his processing power was of adequate level; or else he would have felt tired. Principality was a god-send in this situation, as it was able to convert data into stairways, create false paths, or even lower levels. However, no matter how hard Dimitri and his entourage seemed to hide; it looked like the Viscus fellow would find them soon enough.

"Need to think... What can I convert against him?"

That was when Dimitri saw a set of lasers blocking off a room filled with... Wedding photos? A quick view of the room showed that it was the ship's first captain, Dillon and his wife, Amaya. Dimitri threw a loose piece of Data at the lasers, and found that it was burnt to nothing. Dimitri didn't want to hazard touching anything else, so he ordered Principality to convert the lasers and direct them to lay in the hallway floor instead of the family photos. If this was done right, as soon as the murderous AI touched those floor tiles, he would be impaled by the lasers. One could only hope. After setting the trap, Dimitri and the group continued on, hoping to find SOME way off of this death trap.

"So, I just do as I did before? Hmph! No wonder I could not think of the solution. It was so simple..."

David "STOP FORGETTING ABOUT ME!" West
After what seemed like forever, David, Elena, Slindis and Saya managed to reach the location of the temple of light.
And a horde of blood-thirsty tribals.
David watched their camp from the tree line, noting their numbers, the location of Kud and the absence of Riki.
"Right, good news, bad news.
Good: Got a visual on Kud and the Temple.
Bad: Massive tribe and no sign of Riki." He shouted down from his tree before Elena ported him back down.
"I'd say it'd be best if we get a move in now before Riki get's the chance to get himself killed, though personally, anyone who runs off like that most likely had it coming, Least in my line of work. Ideas?"

Viscus
As Dimitri and co worked on setting off the death trap, the distant sound of doors opening heralded Viscus's arrival and acted as a count down for them to get the trap set.
They managed to compete it before the Soulless Machine entered.
He kept up his steady march towards the AI, stepping on the tiles and triggering the death trap.
Something was wrong, that was TOO easy.
And they were right, though he was now minus a arm, it didn't seem to slow the killer down the slightest.
"Run the calculations yourself. You will be assimilated..." He mocked as he began walking with his sword drawn.

Jake nodded before turning his head back to the fire. The words all spoken, he sat in silence, brooding. One day, he would find that girl to call his best friend, but until then, he needed to forget past pains. A small smile cracked his face, and he spoke up.

"Hey Angelus. I'm no bard, my voice is shit, but I feel like shit thinking about past ex-girlfriends and them being bitches. Mind if I sing to meself quietly? I know some great campfire songs, but I don't reckon you know any of 'em, heh."

Drop Group #1: Angelus | Gabrielle | Jake

As Jake was haunted by visions of the future, Gabrielle suffered from visions of the past. The gnashing of teeth, the hunger that had taken her cellmate over... the pain... the gasps of pain and then... darkness.

As she touched the body of Not!Kokoa, it dissolved into ash... however it did not blow away, it remained.

"How can you not just accept this... that we should just lock ourselves away from the people we love?" Gabrielle's voice was venomous, wanting to break the spirit of the little Vampire that resided in her head.

"Because... no one's given up on us yet. So... why should we give up on ourselves?" The Vampire Knight's voice said after a moment as she showed Gabrielle a vision of what was was going on at that very moment.

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

The punch that her Half-Sister delivered on Ella wasn't all that bad, though it was a much harder hit than the she remembered Kurumu being capable of. Watching as Puce pulled Kurumu away, followed by the Anti-Mage, the Blonde Succubus could only smirk at Kurumu's initial reaction to seeing her.

Wiping away a bit of blood from her lips, she turned to Tajuh.

"Sorry 'bout that, Tajuh. Kurumu and I have a bit of a past. Like Kuru said, we're half-sisters with all the baggage that goes along with that. Same mother... different fathers. She blames my Father for being responsible for the failure of her Father and out Mother's marriage." She explained before returning her attention to the handsome Swordsman, Caim.

"So... where were we? Oh yeah. I was just about to tell you that I faced you in battle less than an hour ago. You called me a WHORE and I sucked the soul out of your body." There was a bit of a smirk on her face as she remembered the taste of Not!Caim's life force.

"It was all quite exciting... and I've got some memories of his... yours... floating around in my head now... as well as a few other things." And it was at this point that she opened up her out Weapon Wheel, one that looked eerily familiar to Caim, and pulled out a crimson blade... one that mirrored Caim's own family sword.

Planting the sword in front of Caim, she turned to smile at the mute swordsman...

"I thought that you should have this. It didn't belong to that clone of you... and it definitely doesn't belong to me." Again... she flashed another smile to Caim as she meandered on to a new topic.

"So... I figure that since I know so much about you and you know so little about me... we might even out the playing field... any other questions... before sis decides to deck me again?"

Kurumu struggled against Puce as he pulled her away from her the other succubus that was apparently her sister, they were both followed by Kyre.

"Sisters aren't suppose to hate each other..." Kyre said as she followed Puce and Kurumu to a clearing.

"She's no sister of mine, no matter what having the same mother means!" Kuru said as Puce forcefully sat her down on a log that had been knocked over by the strong winds of the Corrupted Storm.

"Kuru. Listen... we can't have this going on now. We've gotta focus on the bigger picture... saving the world... again." Puce said calmly, looking into Kurumu's eyes... using his influence to calm her down a bit.

"That f**king bitch deserves more than a punch to the FACE! She's lucky I didn't have my claws out or..."

"KURU!" The Succubus' lover raised his voice and gestured towards the Young Anti-Mage's presence... the result calming Kurumu down significantly.

"*sigh* Sorry... sorry Puce... sorry Kyre. My family just brings the worst out of me sometimes." The Blue-haired Succubus said as she settled down and enfolded the Anti-Mage back in her arms as Puce sat down next to her on the log.

"I take it this is a long story..."

"...one with a lot of intrigue and sexual innuendo. I'll tell it to you sometime." She said to Puce as calmness set over the trio.

"So... we were talking about you being a dad one day..." There was a slyness to the Kurumu's voice and the smile that accompanied it.

"*gulp*"

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis

The group paused for a moment as they tried to get a handle on how to not only scout out the village but rescue Kud and Riki should either of them be in the Corrupted Village.

"Well... if he had a distraction on one end of the village, someone could do a hut to hut search of the village and locate Kud or Rikie." Elena suggested as she looked at their current group.

"David, Saya and myself could cause the distraction while you perform the search Slindis. We can attack the North side of the village at range, using my portals to stay on the move and flank them and pull them away from your position." There was a slight rustling as Elena pulled out a flare gun.

"When you locate Riki and Kud, pull back to this position and fire off the flare. That'll be our cue to get the hell out of here. I'll create a portal at this location and we'll all rendezvous back at camp."

There was a pause to see if anyone would interject.

Drop Group #4: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Ton Ton

Okay... if bracing for the pain was the first thing that was part of the whole pact ritual, the second part should have been to brace for impact.

As Ton Ton felt the pain in his chest of his and Cadolbolg's hearts merging together, Cadolbolg on the other hand was feeling something else entirely. While he had been a synthetic life form since his creation during the Bison takes over Japan arc, he was currently close enough to the real thing to enable the pact with Ton Ton... the pact only solidifying his position as a creature.

Cadolbolg suddenly felt a pain in his head as his way of thinking was altered and his mind became linked with Ton Ton's... this caused him to:

1) Croak out in pain...
2) Crash land...

The former metallic flying turtle, turned cat-sized dragon, turn Ton Ton's pact partner lost control and his bearing and started plummeting to the forest floor where both he and his pact partner went:

*THUD*

"ow." Cadolbolg croaked as he wobbled to his feet, not noticing something different about his voice.

"Kokoa should be here... I just don't know how I am going to face her after what I did..." Akane said right before she and Aftan witnessed Cadolbolg flight number 1 go crashing down into the forest floor.

Looking at one another, The Knight and the Kisune ran towards the scene...

"Looks like they were able to pull it off." Aftan said as they closed in on the crash site, relieved to find that both Cadolbolg and Ton Ton were unharmed by the crash. Well... mostly unharmed as Cadolbolg had a bit of a cut on his hind leg... a cut that bled.

"ow." Cadolbolg croaked as he wobbled to his feet.

"He's... real now?" Aftan said as she moved towards the Dragon and the Tonberry, her Phoenix of Light Tattoo lighting up the forest as it sensed injuries nearby.

Akane would have approached to if it wasn't for the fact that she was suddenly under attack.

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIILLLLSSSS!!!!" Gabrielle screamed as she jumped out from the Shadows... clearly Kokoa being the voice of reason had some effect on Gabrielle.

A.I. Hell: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri vs. Viscus

"Run the calculations yourself. You will be assimilated..."

"You've forgotten to compensate for all variables in the equation." A new voice stated as A.I. Vermilion rez'd next to Dmitri in a haze of digital fog... her cloak swirling around her as she landed.

"It seems that you two have started the part without me. Apologies for my rather fashionable lateness. I needed to route myself through various servers to ensure that this Viscus character would have a difficult time tracking down my source." The Vermilion A.I. said as she looked at Viscus, her gloved hands dancing in front of her as she erected a digital fire shield (firewall) in front of them.

"Access Denied: Viscus" She said, her Vermilion eyes glowing in the darkened confines of her hood.

The Sea of Chaos - Planetary Subdivision 1 - Continent: Midas
Location: In-Transit between the Great Swampland and the Wood Elf principality of Althia
Time: The fifth of the Solar Year. One year after the disappearance of the Eden Gate.

The Hundred Years' King | Varden | Armageddon

If Balwen could still see, he would have nothing much to observe. The long dusty road stretched before him was covered with nothing but occasional tumble weeds that lightened the dreary beige of the prairie. The wind blew hard across this flat land between the Capital city of Candor and the forests of Althia, and that wind carried the song of the land.

The soft rustle what sparse trees stood tall in the heavy air, to the cresting waves of the tall grass. Even down to the soft calls of wild dogs in the middle distance. The sounds of the world kept Balwen aware that he was alive. That and the constant clinks and rattles of his old and faded golden armor, the sunburst of Candor faded to white over the hundred years that he had worn the armor. He tightened his left and and heaved the Dreamslayer greatsword to his shoulders to ease his burden.

King Balwen was a hundred and twenty eight years old, and having traveled alone for the past fifty or so years after losing his vision, he has been accustomed to seeing things with his ears. A king with a duty to his people, an anomaly in a world of absolute bastards, where even the richest nobles are no different from cutthroats and pickpockets. Balwen has spent the twilight of his life journeying around his country, and to those of his enemies, helping each wayward son or distressed daughter he came across.

Yet even for all his good deeds, and his iconic armor, sword, and travelling partner, no one ever seemed to recognize who he was. All they would say about him was that he was an old man travelling the world, helping everyone he met. In other words, a wandering hero, the only true knight of the age. But of course, the reason for his actions was simple. He was indeed not part of this particular age of expansion, war and mistrust. Balwen Faerie Goldhollow was raised as a knight in the age of chivalry, when the Central Human Kingdoms were still what they were called, a coalition of human kingdoms, instead of the tyrannical power that called itself the Kingdom of Candor. He was given the name of King only because he had outlived his brothers and sisters, and even their children. And even so he only fathered his heir after three attempts because of pressure from the other noble houses. Now it was without a doubt the Knight sworn to celibacy had a grandchild dancing around somewhere in a marble palace on the White-Gold Hill.

Balwen looked up and smiled, his lips thin and wrinkled with age, and his hair white and balding. A pair of leathery wings beat down beside him and landed on his shoulder. His Black Dragon, and his vessel of contractual immortality, Varden the Small had returned from his hunt in the golden fields. Then the Old King was confused, his partner gave a long and distressed call into the sky. A deep and high warble that warned of malicious creatures.

Then too soon he realized why. The smell of sulfur and ash filled the afternoon winds, and the black iron horseshoes rung against the plain dirt road. Balwen stepped backward and drew his Greatsword, keeping it pointed at the Chaos Rider with his last good arm as his right arm lay useless to his side.

"Speak! Who does ride against the Wandering Knight! I have done no ill toward any man nor woman of human, elf, nor beast, call thy intents before I take Dreamslayer to thee," Balwen backed up from Armageddon and dropped into a low stance. With a broken arm it would be near impossible to fend off a Chaos Rider, but it seemed to just be a steed, for the rider did not announce his presence immediately when appearing from the shadows. Perhaps he had a little chance against a mere horse.

Armageddon stepped forward and neighed. King Balwen relaxed and placed Dreamslayer back upon his shoulders, "You wish only to know about a girl? The daughter of one of my slaves?"

Armageddon nodded, but how the blind Knight could figure that out was indeed a mystery.

"A Prybatian with red hair and green eyes... yes, I think I know what you seek to understand. Come, I will talk if you walk with me. I'm on my way to Althia anyhow. I'm sure I can find records of the Fracture Tree in the Wood Elves' grand library. They owe me greatly for my services."

---

BlackHarte | Armageddon | Nessaj

"A brother and two sisters," BlackHarte repeated, his hands were clasped in front of his face and his eyes were focused on nothing but the great book open before him. It was a massive history of what little people knew about the Prybatians, but it did have a compiled tree of the surviving royal family after they were either killed or captured in the first sacking of Prybat, "Did you get anything that goes into deeper detail about her sisters? Her brother we know killed himself in front of the young master."

Armageddon shook his head.

"Troublesome indeed," he closed the book and got up to make himself another cup of coffee, "we're a little father than where we started, but we are still not anywhere near figuring out the root of Young Master's obsession."

---

Kyre | Puce | Kurumu

Kyre darkened. Or rather her shadow darkened as the null-magic field became much more active than it had been recently. It was suddenly jarring to see what Kyre had been seeing, her hallucinations, suddenly come into reality. The trees turned black, and the leaves turned brilliant green. The storm winds became little more that a summer breeze and the dark clouds parted. Where Kyre stood, the blue moonlight followed. "No! You must make amends with your sister, no matter how much distaste you have for her!" The young Anti-Mage's voice seemed different. Deeper, more mature. He posture was better too, and her eyes, her eyes were fiery and brilliant. It was almost impossible to tell that they were such a tranquil shade of green.

"Half or not, you two share the same blood, you are kin," Kyre growled angrily, "you will realize that violence between siblings hurts beyond what you can comprehend."

Then Kyre collapsed into Kurumu's arms again, weak like a child, "You don't know how much it hurts me to see."

---

The (Un)Real World
Time: January 13th

??? | ???

"Maybe you projected a little too much... don't you think?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," the boy titled his straw hat backwards and smiled.

Akane turned at the sound of Gabrielle's voice and caught her partner mid glomp, hugging her back so tightly. She began to tear up and started babbling uncontrollably in Japanese.

A little taken aback, Gabrielle melted into the hug, shhing the Kitsune. "Oi, oi. I can't speak Moonspeak, calm down!"

Akane took a few deep breaths and looked at Gabrielle. "Thank the Gods you are alright! I'm so so so so sorry! Just this once, let me cling to you...? Wait! Cadolbolg and Ton Ton! They made a pact!"

Clutching her Partner tightly, she turned them to face the little pair, Aftan arriving to help the pair.

Disasterchild:
[

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Tajuh nodded at the succubus. "I think I understand. Just try to keep it civil and I've no issue working with you." One odd thing Ella felt when she talked with Tajuh was a strange emptiness for some reason, but she couldn't quite place why.

After she left, the man kept tending to Melethia. After all, even with the healing she got from Rugal which likely saved her life, she was still a child. The fact that she hadn't stirred yet was more than a bit concerning.

Slindis nodded. "Good plan. I've done this type of operation before, and I can handle myself quite well in a fight. If you happen to see a fog appear in the village, you'll know I have company. " She was secretly glad this came up, as it gave her space from the rest of the group.

Dimension: The (Un)Real World

Time: Morning | January 13th, 2013

A.I. Vermilion | Mark

There was a tremor in the data stream that connected the (Un)Real World with the Avatar Adventures Universe as a new/old consciousness made itself known. Mark sat in the middle of the dusty Bungalow, long since abandoned by the others as A.I. Vermilion and he monitored the situation, like an eye in the sky whilst his Ghost muddled about.

>>Backtrace the new signal
Affirmative... Commencing Trace Route... Account TheMehKingdom...
Earth
Western Hemisphere
North Western Hemisphere
United States
California
Red Wood City

>>Access terminal.monitor
Access granted

It took a moment but the two unknowns suddenly saw Mark's face pasted on their computer monitor.

"Sav? Klaara? Have you returned?" Mark said through the computer speakers... his brown eyes now flecked with spots of red, a sign that the nano-mite, assimilated from a bit of Blackharte by A.I. Vermilion, had been busy altering the body of Writer Disasterchild.

Ella looked at the man with a bit of a puzzled look, her senses rarely failing her when it came to what she could and could not sense from people. Emptiness... void... loneliness.

"Hey... mister Tajuh... lemme pull you this way for a moment. Caim can hollar... I mean... he can signal for us if anything changes with the kid here. Let's talk shall we?" The Succubus said, making it clear that there was no way that Tajuh would be able to steer clear of this talk, as she pulled Tajuh, albeit unwillingly towards an area far from the main body of the group.

"So... either I'm going to assume that you were once a father or... you've got something broken in your head. You've got this father-like air about you... especially when you were addressing Kurumu and especially when you were just talking to me right now... in fact you remind me a bunch of my dad." Ella said as they walked.

Well wasn't that something... someone that appeared so young having so much wisdom for her years. It was a bit ... unnerving to see.

"Kuru... she's right. If your sister..."

"half" Kurumu interjected as she stroked Kyre's hair.

"Half-sister is here, she's here for a reason. Maybe this is fate telling you to put some of your baggage down and leave it in the dust. Maybe what she did is serious in your eyes but you're here... you're alive... and best of all... you're you." Puce said as he pulled Kurumu closer, allowing her to lean her head on his shoulder.

"Look... it's ... hard... okay? She and my mom... they made things hard for me growing up. They always went out of their way to prove to me that I wasn't good enough or pretty enough or smart enough to be a real Succubus. Well she's not even a full blooded Succubus!" The Blue-Haired woman said, spitting out the words from her mouth,

"That's ultimately why I decided to go to Yokai. Because I couldn't hack it as a Succubus. I was always looking for the one that would stop me from needing to feed off the love of others instead of reveling in it like they did. And Yokai's where it all changed... where I lost everything..." There was a moment when her mind took a step back and looked at the scene that Her, Puce and Kyre made.

"And gained everything back..."

"See? Maybe that's why she's here... so that you can show here that you're a better person now the way you are instead of the way they wanted you to be."

Nice thought Puce... a little naive... but nice thought.

The group split off, David, Elena and Saya heading for the opposite side of the village.

"Wait until you hear the sound of gun fire to start your run." Elena said as she checked her ammo levels, leaving Slindis alone in the darkness.

Drop Group #4: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Ton Ton

Gabrielle gave the Kitsune a great big hug in return as the Knights and the Kitsune were reunited.

"Cadolbolg and Ton Ton did what now?" Gabs said as thy rushed over to the crash site.

"They entered a pact like Mistress Angelus and Master Caim!" Aftan said as she started healing Cadolbolg's wounds.

"Oh man! That's awesome!" The Shadow Knight squeed!

"Not if they are unaware of the consequences of their actions... Then they might be in trouble... Cadolbolg! Can you head me? Is anything broken?"

"I think the ground rose up and hit me...*Wurgle*

Tajuh gives a dry laugh as he's half-dragged along. "Keen senses you've got there, I have to say. First person I've seen that's actually called me on it as well. Headstrong, too. So then, our little therapist succubi, why would you call me broken? No person's perfect, but that doesn't mean they are damaged." As he was pulled along, Ella could feel that the hands had calluses all over them. In addition, the emptiness she felt was more like something had been forcibly removed from him.

"I've met your father before. I'm guessing Lucifer's kept busy with the whole mess right now, then?" It was odd to see how detached the man was, even when he did his best to be a father figure. He certainly put up a strong mask, that was for sure.

Slindis stayed in wait, the naturally dark shading of her armor making it easy for her to stay unnoticed by those in the village.

The (Un)real World
Time: January 13

Sav

"Uh, you've reached the home of Savasaan Todaro. I am not here at the moment, if you'd like, leave a message after the tone and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Kay, thanks bye," Sav then immediately turned off his monitor.

---

Rosario and Vampire
Time: December 31st 2008

Armageddon

"Could you please direct me to two students?" It was a young man dressed in black armor standing before the white-robed director of the school. The red moon shone in the background, tainted by the red sea and the dead forest outside, "I require to meet Aono Tsukune and Kurono Kurumu, and also request any information the school has on the Kurono family."

Armageddon bowed, his eyes a brilliant orange. He might not looked like it, but he was every bit as powerful, if not more so, than his master Nessaj.

---

BlackHarte

He thumbed through the elvish book again, yet it was completely pointless. He had already memorized the book the first time over, and it brought him no extraneous information. "This is what they must call frustration and stupidity, to keep doing the same thing over and over again with the hope of achieving a different result." BlackHarte sighed and picked up his mug and quickly downing all of it's contents in a single breath.

"Armageddon, I hope you can get me something from that Succubus. The king's books and anecdotes tell us noting about the young master. However, that might just be half the puzzle... if we're lucky."

---

Caim | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

"Indeed," Kyre whispered, "all tragedy comes with some sort of blessing. After all, aren't Calamities and Miracles simply two sides of the same coin?"

The shadows around the Anti-Mage died down, and the null-magic field once again became passive, those illusions that Kyre saw were now once again only visible to her. Her armor still chimed beautifully in the wind, and her shoulder length red hair blew in the cold night. "So be happy Ku-ru-mu. That way your short life might be imparted with some meaning." Kyre smiled, "and when you're happy, I will be too."

---

Red Mage | Titania

"Aren't you getting tired at all little girl?" Red sneered as he flew backwards and erected a barrier to prevent the incoming fire storm from consuming him.

Titania teleported in front of the Mage in red and kicked him in his face, launching him back toward the forest below, "I am a physical god, I do not tire." Then she fell toward the earth as well, after being struck by an overhead blow with both hands. Red Mage floated right above where Titania was, a grimace plastered over his face as blood trickled from the side of his mouth.

"I am an illusion. I also do not tire... Dil Brando!"

Angelus waved a dismissive hand, "Do as you will, Jake. That vision was more than enough for you today. If anything, you should be proud. You've made a great deal of progress in understanding your limits. That alone will aid you in taking a step in the right direction. As for myself, I'll keep guard until the Knights return. If I recognized those shadows that brought you back, Gabrielle will have no doubt have found Aftan."

Teri was idly reading DnD files on her computer (hoping that she could find a new spell or two to try out later), and found interest in a PDF called "Frostburn". As the name implied, it focused heavily on water and ice based things in DnD campaigns, and as she had an affinity for Water, she took to the book well. An alert tore her from her interest, and when Teri brought up Dimitri's Room, she found it to be empty, sans the guardians placed earlier. The girl frowned and wondered to herself where the other AI could have run off to.

"Dimitri did ask her to do maintenance..." she muttered, and kept a small window of the Room open while she purused the aforementioned file.

Caim looked at the foreign blade curiously, and gave a nod of thanks to the succubus. Even if the blade turned out to be terrible, one does not act rudely about being given a weapon. After going to an unoccupied area a bit away from the crowd, he did some practice swings and found it to be as just as balanced and easy to use as his own. However, he did notice something... Different about it, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Replacing The Angel Killer in the Wheel, Caim returned to camp to keep his post as a watch.

Ton Ton wobbled faintly as he got up from the impact, and rubbed his face with a groan. "OW... Man, that really hurt. Remind me to ask you to land before we do anything that stupid again!"

When he moved to pick up his lantern and knife again, Ton Ton noticed something odd about his hands... There were tattoos on them.

Digital Nightmare: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri vs. Viscus

Drawing THE_NINE_IRON, Dimitri flashed the new AI a goofy grin, "Ms. Vermilion! You got my message! Goodness, by the time this is over, I will owe you so many favors!"

"You say that as if you are you going to survive. Such foolishness."

That was when Viscus came crashing at the shield; and PRINCIPALITY waved it's staff to bolster the defense. However, there was still a distinct crack in the wall between them. Dimitri's smile faded, but he looked determined, "I think I know a way we can escape, but it requires our combined hacking prowess and some time. Do you think it doable? Or did I just condemn you to die with me? If so, I am TERRIBLY sorry."

Dimension: The (Un)Real World

Time: Morning | January 13th, 2013

A.I. Vermilion | Mark

Despite the fact that Mark couldn't see Sav through the monitor any longer, he could still hear him rustling in the background.

"Sav... I can hear you moving around AND Klaara told me that she was going to bring you back so my assumption is that you're back. I just want to say welcome back. Oh... and tell Klaara that I want my soul back... otherwise I'm coming there." Mark said through Sav's still active computer speakers.

Solence folled Sav's room as the voice paused before Mark's voice sounded off once more.

"I hope you like champagne."

a knock at Sav and Klaara's door... Mark had sent a bottle of Dom Perignon to the brother and sister to celebrate Sav's return.

Dimension: Rosario and Vampire

Time: December 31st 2008

There was a bit of a pause as the director wordlessly pointed towards the Yokai Gazette meeting room. There was a bit of a pause as the Director pulled out a file from his robes, one label Aono, Tskune and the other labeled Kurono, Kurumu.

"I assume that this is important to warrant that an agent of Nessaj would be asking, otherwise I would not be handing these files over, nor would I direct you towards those... students. They have been nothing but trouble since their arrival on campus." The Director said as he sat down on at an empty bench.

"As for the Kurono family, I can tell you that it is very complicated. The Kurono Matriarch is Agehea Kurono, one time mistress of Lucifer, while her father has been not been filed with the school. According to her blood work, Ms. Kurono is the product of a Succubus and an Incubus, making her a pure blooded Succubus."

Armageddon waited for a moment as the Director looked into the distance, as if someone was whispering something to his ear.

"She was raised with one Half-Sister, Alashi, daughter of Agehea and Lucifer. It has been reported that while Alashi was treated well as a child, taking to the lessons that her mother taught her very well, Kurumu was not such a quick-learner. This is the reason listed on her application that Mr. Kurono is a student here. It was thought that she would be happier blending with the Human world rather than the living in the Monster World." The Director explained before he started walking off.

"Any other questions that you have, I would recommend asking Ms. Kurono herself."

A bit of a surprised look marred the face of the blonde Succubus when Tajuh correctly identified her father and had not only done so but mentioned that he had met Lucifer. He suddenly found himself stopped, Ella planting bkth her feet in the ground. It should have come as no surprised that the Succubus was strong, though her lean body hid that fact well; she was able to stop Tajuh dead in his tracks.

"You know daddy?" She asked, her voice going cold as she thought about the Prince of Lies, though her demeanor suddenly changed as she tapped her forehead with the palm of her hand.

"Duh. Of course you know him. He's probably tried the whole corruption-soul-contract thing with you." She added as she rolled her eyes.

"Always up here on business corrupting the souls of mortals... Never enough time for his daughter..."

Clearly she wasn't in on his secret because if she was she would've know that she was really part Succubus part Angel and not part daemon, though clearly her succubus genetics shined through.

"But you're avoiding the topic... talk... you're missing something in your life... and my Succi Senses tm tell me it's love..."

Okay... Unfortunate choice of words but you get the gist.

Kurumu looked down at Kyre briefly and smiled. Perhaps she was right... perhaps she was wrong... only time would be able to tell them which.

"You're awfully smart for a little girl." Kurumu said as she squeezed the Anti-Mage, happy that she was in the presence of people that truly cared about her welfare.

"So... Kyre... while we're waiting for the rest of the team to rally... is there anything that you would really like?"

The group consisting of David, Elena and David were able to successfully advance towards the other end of the encampment where Kud or Riki was being held. As the trio looked around, they spotted the village occupants performing a tribal dance.

"Okay... I'm set... how about you two?" Elena asked as she pointed the business end of her assault rifle towards the closest village guards.

Cadolbolg's tail, once the bones were reset, started wagging back and forth as he realized that it worked. He now had a pact partner with which he could stare his experiences with.

As Aftan, Gabrielle and Akane looked on, Cadolbolg tackled Ton Ton and licked him in the face.

"Ton Ton! It worked! We're pact partners!" There was a bit of a pause as he tried something.

"Ton Ton! Can you hear me?!?!" Cadolbolg's words formed in Ton Ton's mind.

A.I. Vermilion looked at Dmitri and nodded.

"Whatever you have in mind, I'm game." She said as touched the ground with her hands... causing lines of light to expand from where he fingertips touched the floor.

"I've reinforced my processing power. It should be doable if I slave my processes your commands and we work in parallel." The Hooded woman said as she started an obfuscation protocol, making it look harder for Viscus to track their position.

"I am ready. He is breaking through my Fire Wall... so we should hurry."

Ton Ton looked at his friend with amazement, and (if he were able) would have grinned ear to ear; "I can! What about me?!"

Cadolbolg nodded his head excitedly, and the two rejoiced for their successful foray into Pact-Making. If only such a thing were so easy on everyone...

Dimitri waved Vermilion and his creations over as PRINCIPALITY began to carve a path to a new section of the ship: Storage. As they made their journey, Dimitri laid his plan out:

"Alright, so what I have in mind is that Viscus has locked all the entrances and exits to the ship... At least, those conventional to our kind of lifeform. However, I don't think he included functions that go into the Users realm. For example, if a User plugged in a USB, then we'd be free. However, he almost certainly has the Wi-Fi under watch, so he could preform a wireless hack in. But... If we are able to take something out of the ship, then his sphere of influence couldn't reach us. Thus, I propose we follow through on a letter."

He held up a copy of the very letter Rugal had sent with him;

"As I am a personal assistant, backup chaches for sent and recieved mail is natural to me. This copy is only temporary, but it gave me an idea. I was sent to deliver a request for a supply drop to the Users below. Accuracy would require mechanical assistance, or in this case, us. You are good at hacking and protection. I am good at directing and receiving information. Thus; we can escape and resolve the request without being detected or Deleted! If I know Viscus' kind, which I sort of do, he'd have backups ready.... We need to hack one of those."

Tajuh finally made his way to one of the trees, moderately surprised that a succubus had this much strength. "I've had a talk with him, and there's nothing he can do that I haven't already done for myself. It's easy to tell that you've got some tension when it comes to him, but he does care for you even if he doesn't show it all that well. After all, if he didn't, he wouldn't have had that man back there get you away from where you were." The odd thing about that last statement is that although he implied it, the man didn't feel damned, which she could pick up on due to being raised in hell.

"But you think I need love? Really? I'll not stop you from believing that if you wish. You're smarter than that, though." A small prodding with her allure powers felt an odd resistance to them, one that her mother had told her a mortal man shouldn't have. Also, for all he tried to hide it, Ella had seen him tending to that elven girl which revealed that stern showing was an act. A fine one, but an act nonetheless.

Devon looked over at Teri as she looked at the PDF with his shirt placed haphazardly on her shoulders. "Trying to pick up a few tricks, huh? Sounds interesting. And I didn't mean to piss you guys off earlier. Guess it must've been Lucifer rubbing off on me." He still remembered the ordeal with Bruiser and decided not to surprise her.

"Any songs you want me to play for the group? It's kinda like that Inuart guy that followed Caim around, except I'm sure that I can do more than just that.."

Teri looked up from studies and nodded, "If we're going to be camping here, then I need to look over spell listings and see if I can do something more than summoning little water elementals. Don't get me wrong, I love the little guys; but I need to be more effective than just sitting in the back and patching up people. If I can get a Fighter/Sorcerer to level 6 and have decent spellcasting than I can make myself just as helpful, dammit!"

There was a pause as she perused another spell, which gave Devon a view of the dark circles under her eyes. It seemed all the Authors were being put through the grinder in the Avatar Adventures universe, regardless of what plane they were working under. She didn't look away from her studies when she asked,

"What made you decide to be a bard? I was an accident, which can happen, but you REALLY gotta decide you want to play music for battle. Also, if you know "Every Me and Every You" by Placebo, that'd be awesome."

Jake smiled a bit at Angelus' words. Softly he spoke. "Thanks Angelus. I feel bad I can't repay you at the moment, but I should look on the bright side. One of my Guardian Angels is a Red Dragon. That's pretty awesome. If you don't like my singing, smack me upside the head, don't sit there and let me be painful. Uhh... The song is called Khe Sahn, and it's about a battle and a war my people didn't want to fight but did because of our alliances."

He took a deep breath, calming a little before singing lowly, crooning the soulfull song.
Well I left my heart to the sappers 'round Khe Sahn
And I sold my soul with my cigarettes, to a black market man
I've had to Vietnam cold turkey, from the ocean to the silver city
And it's only other vets could understa-and
'Bout the long forgotten dockside guarantees
How there were no V-day heroes in nineteen seventy-three
How we sailed into Sydney Harbour, I saw an old friend but I couldn't kiss her
And she was lined, and I was home to the lucky land
She was like so many more from that time on
Their lives were all so empty, until they'd found there chosen one
And their legs were often open but their minds were always closed
And their hearts were held in fast suburban chains
And the legal pads were yellow, hours long paypackets lean
And the telex writers clattered where the gunships once had been
The carparks made me jumpy and I never stopped the dreams
Or the growing need for speed and novacaine
So I worked across the country from end to end
I tried to find a place to settle down, where my mixed up life could mend
I held a job on an oil-rig, a-flyin' choppers when I could
But the nightlife nearly drove me round the bend
And I've travelled round the world from year to year
And each one found me aimless, one more year the worse for wear
And I've been back to South East Asia, you know the answer sure ain't there
But I'm driftin' north to check things out again
Well the last plane out of Sydney's almost gone
And only seven flyin' hours, till I'll be landin' in Hong Kong
And there ain't nothin' like the kisses from a jaded Chinese princess
I'm gonna hit some Hong Kong mattress all night long
Well the last plane out of Sydney's almost gone
Well the last plane out of Sydney's almost gone..."

Devon rolled a 24 for his Perform check, managing to not butcher the song!

Devon looked over the spells with her as he started to play the song. It was a bit clear that he hadn't really heard the band much, but he still managed to play the song with a deal of success. "Well, it kinda happened. When I was with Lucifer, I guess I had to take a quick trip to Heaven because apparently having someone that transfers injuries in a hospital is a bad thing. Stuff happened, I didn't want to be useless anymore so I asked Lucifer to help me pick it up, and I went through literal Training from Hell. The training was hard, but I did pick up a lot there. I even managed to play enough to keep that fake Angelus off Ton-Ton's hide while he offed her."

He finished the song and grinned. "Still, it looks like I'm not the only one that went through the wringer. At least you didn't have to defuse what could've been a nasty fight between Lucifer and his ex-wife. I don't care how you cut that one, it had so many ways it could've ended badly."

Angelus kept a bemused expression as she listened to the bitter tale of a war veteran, but said nothing. It almost reminded her of the times in her home world, or at least, at the points before Furiae was taken by the Empire. Closing her eyes, she could almost see it again, the small campfire erected, her fool human and his entourage gathered as the bard sang. Even if the song was a tad repetitive, it was comforting in those times. The same applied here as well. Even if the vocal quality wasn't perfect, the dragon could appreciate the moment of peace...

A.I. Vermilion | Dimitri

As Dimitri and Vermilion rushed into the Supplies Chamber, they could hear Viscus right on their tail; to which Dimitri's three programs stopped moving. Dimitri whirled around to question them, but only saw their backs turned to him, as well as three glowing orbs of light at each program's feet. That was when it hit Dimitri:

"You're going to hold him off, aren't you? And these are your source codes..."

The three programs nodded solemnly as Dimitri moved to compress the files given to him. YAMATA-NO-OROCHI's heads nuzzled the two AI, SEIRYU bowed it's horned head and PRINCIPALITY saluted to the two, before a disembodied voice from the trio emerged: "We were honored to serve you, Master. May our copies aid you better in the next cycle.".

Dimitri gave a deep bow, "The pleasure was all mine, friends. Take off a leg for me, if you could?"

The creatures gave their various methods of acknowledgement, before moving back in the direction of the Cruel AI. When Viscus came into view, the trio cried out before charging the enemy of their beloved Master.

Teri gave an appreciative nod at Devon's performance, the song being a small reminder of a normal life. Funny how one craves the opposite when they get what they "desire".

"Ah, that gentleman... Next time you see him, could you give him a thanks? I think he's partially to blame for my Cleric powers coming about. Without that speech of his, I don't know if I could have come here whole-heartily. I mean, sure, I wanted to come here to help, but I didn't know just HOW. Now I have a purpose here, aside from Writing from time to time."

She smiled faintly, "Mild gratitude or not, I don't envy you one bit. You'd have to come up with a REALLY convincing argument for me to want to descend to Hell."

Devon stretched after the performance and looked down at the guitar. "Well, you have to hand it to Lucifer. He certainly knows how to get someone ready, and he's one hell of a teacher, no pun intended. I mean, learning the basics in hell was more than a bit unusual, but I picked it up pretty quickly. It wasn't until the hurricane in Lust where it started to get difficult."

When Teri made her comment on descending into hell, he laughed. I gotcha. A year ago, if you told me I was going to hell, I'd have called you crazy. Way I see it, I messed up a lot of things. It's high time I start fixing them. So what's a 50 year stay in hell when I die if I can be useful right now?"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 . . . 873 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here