The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 . . . 875 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Nighttime | January 1st

Drop Group #1: Angelus | Gabrielle | Jake
Feeling better after singing a favourite of his, Jake moved onto another song he also liked, a tad ironic for him in his current situation yet still fitting.

"There must be some kind of way out of here,"
Said the joker to the thief,
"There's too much confusion,
I can't get no relief.
Businessman they drink my wine,
Plowman dig my earth
None of them along the line, know what any of it is worth"

"No reason to get excited,"
The thief, he kindly spoke
"There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke
But you and I, we've been through that
And this is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late"

All along the watchtower
Princes kept the view
While all the women came and went
Barefoot servants, too

Outside in the distance
A wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching
And the wind began to howl

All along the watchtower...

Drop Group #1: Angelus | Jake

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Another rolling of the eyes... another frown... All too quick to have been captured on camera but not too quick for Tajuh to have missed it. Even if she was willing to talk about her past, she wasn't going to do so to a total stranger. Like most people, she'd rather meddle in the tragedies of others than her own.

"Listen Tajuh. I don't care why Daddy had Devon pull me out of the Pit. It probably has something to do with all his Grand End of the World Plans that are ALWAYS failing. But what we were talking about is you... and what it is you're hiding behind your grim mask of grimness." She looked up at Tajuh for a moment and tried once again to nudge the information out of him using ALLURE.

Ella gets a 5 from rolling 1d20

Sighing as she once again failed to wrench the information out of Tajuh, she started walking off towards where Caim was practicing, but not before leaving him with some last words.

"Listen Tajuh, think about what I said. If this group is going to take over the world, we all need to be in tip top shape."

Clearly there was confusion afoot... because as Ella left, Mark made his presence known.

"Did that crazy Succubus just say what I think she said?"

A cracking of leaves and sticks caused Caim to turn around, ready to attack should the unknown prove to be hostile, instead he saw the Succubus that gave him the sword earlier. Giving him a shy smile, she spoke.

"Mind if I join you?" Ella asked, though as usual she waited not for an answer and instead walked over to where Caim was standing.

Drop Group #4: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Ton Ton

After the two new pact partners celebrated their victory, the group started moving out once more. Gabrielle was a bit quiet for a while as she continued to glomp onto Akane's tails, an action that made it a bit difficult for the Kitsune to travel. However it was Gabrielle herself that realized this after a few moments and released her grasp on Akane's tails.

"Sorry." The Shadow Knight said simply as she walked back towards the area where Aftan had been kidnapped... and where Not!Aftan had attacked Gabs and Akane.

"Gabs... Is something wrong?" Aftan asked, looking at her companion with concern; Gabrielle shaking her head in response.

Meanwhile Cadolbolg and Ton Ton were blissfully ignorant of what was happening as they celebrated their victory

"I can't believe how amazing this feels... I could barely feel the air up here before but now... it's like I can feel the thermals before I hit them and... The fire in my chest feels so much warmer." The mini-dragon said.

It should feel that way Cadolbolg. You're a real dragon now.

Gliding towards their destination, Cadolbolg sensed that his Mother was nearby.

"I can't wait to tell Mother what we've done Ton Ton!!" Cadolbolg "said" as Ton Ton sensed that his partner was going to wheel over and bank towards Angelus.

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

A.I. Vermilion nodded as Dmitri outlined his plans for escape, even as she started spawning additional defensive meaures that would only serve to slow the Viscus down.

"Agreed. I'll start hacking into the automated supply drop system. This should take a few ticks." The Hooded A.I. said as her cloak flared around her for a moment as she placed her offensive programs into memory.

The first protection mechanism was a simple password gate protocol and while she could have rez'd SHAKESPEARE to bypass the gate quietly, she opted for the faster route. SHA HULUD rose from the ground and breached the data wall with no effort, expanding on what PRINCIPALITY had already done.

However the action was not without cost however, Vermilion's actions awoke the second of the guardians... KRAKEN.

Viscus : Digital Nightmare
Notice: Sorry if I used them out of character and other mistakes, just wanted to wrap this up while I was online

The trio of support programs, the Firewall, the countless other defences, it didn't matter, Viscus had won the second Dimitri used that password.
Upon seeing the programs attempt to attack, he causally selected "Missile Swarm" on his weapons list.
A single burst of homing explosive rockets was all it took, 3 for each program, they were incinerate before they even reached him.

Back with his targets, Dimitri and Vermillion reached their escape route and in time too.
Viscus was within visual range as the pair began to upload themselves onto the drop pod as it was being loaded with supplies.
Tense seconds passed as Viscus took his time, calmly deleting all the defences between him and his objective.
3 barriers left to mark and Viscus was cutting though with his Sword.
"Ms. Vermilion, I do highly believe we should hurry as our opposite is nearing..." Dimitri said with both panic and impeccable manners.
"I am hurrying, pod is loading..." Vermillion answered as Viscus reached the 4th Barrier.
It was then she realised something, the pod request was already sent, By Viscus.
"....What in the name...He ordered this pod!" She exclaimed to Dimitri as another barrier fell.
"He must have planned to send it after we were deleted. Now, may we please leave? My calculations state Viscus's ETA is under 15 seconds!"
2rd Barrier was down as Vermillion began to set up an attachment for them to escape, causing a digital drop pod to appear next to them, about the size of a small phone box on its side.
"It's open! Get in!"
"But the file size is only for one! It's far too-"

The last one was down as Viscus was now in the room, staring right at them, sword drawn.
"LETS JUST GO!" she yelled, clearly this wasn't going to be one of those sappy "There is only room for one" moments.
And thus, the pair forced themselves in, moving around and squirming as Viscus came closer and closer into stabbing distance.
Dimitri tried to close the door, but it wouldn't close with the two of them in it.
"Oh dear, this is most unpleasant!" He said as Viscus was right in front of of him, about to stab him.
So he did what anyone would have done: suck it in.
Taking a deep breath before trying to close the door again, he succeeded and the sword hit harmlessly off the glass of the Pod.
Viscus glared at the pair of AI's squeezed together though the window of the pod.
He did not look happy about this outcome.

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Tajuh rolled a 16 on the resisting of Allure, and he had a small amount of help somehow...

Not only did Tajuh brush off the Allure, he brushed it off with an exceptional amount of ease. Ella couldn't quite understand why, though. "Ella, each man has stuff of their own that they keep to themselves. And excuse me for cutting you off on your father, but there's more to him than you see."

It was then that the Succubus ran off and Tajuh saw Mark again. "She's smart, but she'll get a lot better when she learns to see beyond the surface. Agreed, Mark?"

Meanwhile, when Ella got over to Caim, the little girl next to Caim felt off to the succubus. It was clear that she had just avoided death, but there was something slightly off with how she slept.

As Dimitri and Vermilion watched their attacker stare at them with utmost loathing, Dimitri couldn't help but grin with joy. Doing his best to not crush Vermilion as they were slowly teleporting away, he said, "We did it! Well, you did it... You really are something, Ms. Vermilion. I must thank you for coming to my aid. You could have easily allowed me to stay in the pickle I fell into..."

It was funny how well the Butler could maintain an unblemished look despite having gone to hell and back. Even his hat sat perfectly on his head. It was an interesting contrast to the very emotional construct, especially when his face lit up about piloting the pod. He said something about homing in on their home signal (The Tablet) and how they could use it to drop the pod that way.

Caim eyed the succubus with confusion as he had no idea why the woman would keep approaching him. However, he wouldn't be too standoffish; as she had been generous for a woman who had fought his copy. He gave a small nod to the succubus and began to practice sword movements with the False!Heirloom.. Huh, that was a decent enough name. Caim decided to file that away as a good name for the new sword, and began hacking at the tree he was practicing on.

As he did so, His PDA called out, "Just make sure your out of my way. Don't want a stray sword stroke to be the cause of your death, now do you?"

A few more sword strokes, and Caim asked, "So, what brings you here? I'm not really a conversationalist, if you couldn't tell already..."

Drop Group #4: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Ton Ton

Ton Ton laughed as Cadolbolg sped ahead of them; "Hey, wait up!"

Drop Group #1: Angelus | Gabrielle | Jake

As Angelus listened to Jake's song, she could have sworn she heard a voice in her mind; one that resembled something that she did not think existed in this world...

"What on earth..? Pact partners here? That shouldn't be possible..."

Viscus watched as the pair escaped with their code un-assimilated.
And he saw it was good.
Had he really wanted to kill him, it would have been just a matter of using a compete Purge to flush Dimitri off followed by a hail of Digital Lead.
What Dimitri will do, telling the group of "Rugal's" horrible crimes, just ensured him the Leadership of AIM and the Cartel.
Dimitri tells the team and the team would revolt, there would be a 95% chance they would kill Rugal.
And who could possibly replace him? Who was second in command of the entire Cartel?
And all it took was a little creative interpretation of the Safeties Rugal had installed.
The only thing that remained now was whether or not to explain to Dimitri he just got him promoted.
So Viscus took off his helmet and returned to his post overseeing the AIM attacks, smirking as he did.

Captcha: Wisdom of Inglip

The (Un)Real World
Time: January 14th

Sav | Klaara

"Uh, we don't really drink," Sav answered, "at least it would be best not to let any alcohol grace the presence of this homestead."

He shook his head, the rustle of straw gave such evidence, "I don't know what to say. Still catching up on everything that happened while I was gone."

---

Rosario and Vampire
Time: December 31st 2008

Armageddon

"I appreciate your cooperation Director," Armageddon bowed swiftly to the old man, "and be confident in the knowledge that I am here on my own terms. The Chaos Servants do not wish any harm to this school nor it's students."

With that Armageddon placed the filed inside his black chestpiece and pushed open the door to the Yokai Newspaper Club without knocking.

A small witch, a pink haired vampire, a blue haired Succubus, and a mauve haired snowwoman. A strange group indeed. Armageddon bowed deeply and placed a gloved hand over his chest, <Good morrow to all who are present. I would like to speak to Aono Tsukune, Kurono Kurumu, and Akashiya Moka. The rest of you please leave the premises immediately.> Armageddon's Japanese was perfect and fluent. Yet there was something inherently off about the way he spoke, his voice almost seemed to be modulated, holding it's own echo.

He brought himself back up to his full posture again and ran a gloved hand through his dark black hair. <My name is Armageddon, I am the Harbinger of the Apocalypse.> He scoffed a little, <Or at least I would be were my rider not the incompetent idiot that he is. Kurono Kurumu, I am here to inquire about your family and your relationships with them. Aono Tsukune, I will require you to remove the Rosary on that vampire. I have matters I need to discuss with those two girls.>

Time: Night

Kyre | Kurumu | Puce

"Well," Kyre said playfully as she turned her head to look up at Kurumu. For the first time she noticed the Succubus' features, her blue hair and purple eyes. Her fair white unblemished skin, and her painted nails, "what I want... I will now take!"

Kyre leaned in as if to kiss her, and then promptly fell her lips to Kurumu's neck. The young anti-mage bit down on the Succubus' skin and tore a small opening before beginning to drink a little of her blood. That sweetness she remembered from so long ago, hidden from somewhere deep within her mind, from some long forgotten dream.

And then Kyre coughed, the blood burnt her throat and stomach. Her mouth felt as if it were aflame. She fell back off of Kurumu and onto the floor, her small cough had developed into a hacking , almost choking, series of heavy expulsions. "What... what's going *cough* on...?" Blood came dribbling out of the Anti-Mage's mouth, deep red, almost black. And definitely in larger volume than the little that Kyre had swallowed beforehand.

She never stopped choking, her face reddened and tears streamed down her face. Both of her hands gripped her throat tightly as she vomited more of her own blood onto the forest floor.

Kyre had tried demon blood somewhere before hand't she? With about the same results. Yet she yearned for the sweet drink she had in that long lost dream, cradled against Kurumu's body in some lost stone dungeon.

Digital Nightmare VICTORY!

The ride down was easy enough, with Dimitri and Vermilion working double time to make sure the pod landed properly in the coordinates they had homed in on... Homing in on being tracking the Tablet the duo lived in. As they made their descent, Dimitri and Vermilion realized something was wrong. They had forgotten to take in account the weather conditions outside, and that was beginning to throw off their descent. As opposed to being slow and calm; the fierce storm was buffeting them in the air; and causing the pod to fall at a faster rate than normal... And was heading straight towards Teri's Tablet.

Devon | Rugal | Teri

Teri was still quietly looking through DnD spell listings when she saw a message appear in the top left corner of her screen. With a curious tap of the icon, a recording (as well as a textual transcript) of the following appeared:

Recipient: Teri Gravel, Level 4 Cleric
Subject: Re: Supply Drop
Body: Request number 4675636B20596F75 for supply drop has been Approved. ETA for arrival is 1 minute. Please remain clear from the package landing site, or you may suffer from the following: Broken bones, ruptured lungs, minor discomfort, nausea...

Viscus' voice continued to list of different consequences as Teri looked at the Tablet with confusion. That was when a shadow passed overhead, and Teri's eyes widened when she realized what was going on.

"Oh Shit. RUN!"

Luckily, the warning came in time, and the trio were able to jump out of the way before the pod landed.

Naturally, this was when the recording ended with, "skin grafts, and death. We hope you have a nice day."

A few minutes passed between the trio; and Teri found a new message appearing on her computer, to which she opened and found the two AIs stumble out. With them were a few video files, which were labeled, "Watch with headphones, muted, or when alone."

Teri was more than happy to see her AI (and his lady friend) doing well, but was confused about the circumstances about what was going on. As Rugal and Devon began to examine the pod, Teri quietly played the first video. It wasn't pretty, to say the least; as it showed what little information about AIM that was on Dimitri's and Vermilion's RAM. Soldiers fighting, dying, being attacked by Bruiser... It was a nasty sight for any; and Teri could only guess that the other two files would be worse. She wandered away silently as her AI began to show her more horrors of the AIM and who was involved with it.

Rugal
Rugal was half-asleep at the base of a tree when Teri's warning came in.
He glanced up, saw the drop pod coming in and instantly reacted, rolling out of the way as the Pod crashed into the tree he was resting on.
"Jesus Christ!!" He exclaimed at Viscus uncharastically bad aim.
"....Everyone okay?!" He shouted as the dust settled, receiving a few nods as a result.
While he was un-happy about the delivery, he was happy that Viscus could deliver the goods and went to open the pod, finding a massive pile of supplies, essential and non-essential.
Like fine wine for instance.

Bruiser Video
Teri watched a video with Bruiser on the thumbnail labelled "ZOMG! LLET BOM BOMM!".
It consisted of Bruiser leading an attack on a office building during rush hour traffic from a nearby roof:
"-So we blow the thing up basically.....any questions?.....No?.....Good. Boomstick please..." He ordered as he was handed a RPG and pointed at the building.
The camera shook from the vent on the RPG, but what Teri could see the entire building fell on a crowded street, killing many who were not even targets.
"......Think I shoulda used a bigger gun?...." He asked his men.

*Jump cut* To another video of attacking a nearby base from a VTOL
"-Why not? I'm only a few more kills from levelling up! and by god I'm going to get them! LETS ROCK PEOPLE!" He shouted at the camera before jumping out with a LMG and started mowing people down Rambo style, his manly screams soon giving way to a massive cheer.
He began to glow on camera

*Jump Cut* to a locker room afterwards, Bruiser was showing off in the mirror using the Video camera in place of a photo one.
"-And thats how you get abs like THESE! I mean, LOOK at this shit man! I could grate metal with these!........."
He appeared to be deep in thought....

*Jump-cut* to several minutes later after testing his theory on one of the lockers by humping it.
There was a dent but little
"-But in my defence....This is one of those space alloy thingys. Not even a chainsaw could tear them.....
....So to conclude, I'm awesome, Rate 5, ladies post numbers in the comments and stay tuned! BRUISER IS BACK MOTHERFUCKERS! WOOOOO-"

End

"BRUISER IS BACK MOTHERFUCKERS! WOOOOO-""

Teri dropped the Tablet in horror after the video feed ended, and slowly backed away from it.
"No. No no nonononono. No way. This isn't true. It can't be this soon!"

She could hear Dimitri and Vermilion begging their lady to grab their apparatus again, but found that Teri was not to be moved. Instead, she found herself braced against a tree as she voided what was left of the contents in her stomach. After that, she only shook in horror as she began to dry heave, the coughing noises sounding akin to a cat with a hairball. Clutching her sides, she shook as she slowly slid against the clean side of her tree, still staring at the Tablet. Her audio from the thing screeched in her anguish as she shrieked at the AIs,

"WHY DID YOU SHOW ME THAT?! WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE FILES?!"

Dimitri's voice remained calm as ever when he replied, "To help your understanding of the situation you are in."

Teri looked at the Tablet in confusion, and slowly walked to it, "What?! Help my understanding?! Obviously, you got something fucked up from Viscus, didn't you?! I know he has his digital dick so far up that corporations ass that-"

"There's no need for such language to get the point across, Madam."

"I can use what language I want! I know Viscus is involved in that stuff; and it's terrible, but I don't know if we can-"

"And who is involved with Viscus, Madam? You are forgetting a key detail here..."

Teri was shocked that her computer not once, but twice interrupted her train of thought, and was about to yell at him some more about his lack of manners when another file appeared. It was a simple textual file, but the obvious was laid before her. The Bernstein Cartel had AIM in it's pockets for funding. The girl was struck dumb at the information presented to her, and found that words weren't forming properly in her mind for that moment. That was when Dimitri's voice rang out again, "You know what must be done."

Teri shook her head numbly, "No, there has to be a mistake! He wouldn't-!"

"I have scanned the databases. His previous actions, including those up to this point are nothing short of reprehensible. You must report what he has done. There is no shred of evidence to the contrary."

Before Teri could protest, Dimitri spoke once more, "I understand you have a fondness for this fiend, so I shall allow you to make the final decision. However, I do hope that these things will point you in the right direction..."

The AI's feed of the room went silent, and Teri found herself alone in the woods again.

bluerocker:
Offline after this

Viscus
....Exactly 2 minutes :43 seconds had passed since the AI's escaped, more then enough time for Dimitri to present the videos he had collected to Teri.
Viscus had won, time to rub it in and focus on setting AIM up to defeat Tomoya and herald the world he had spend his entire existence working towards.
So he summoned up a Camera and began recording:
"....Greetings. If you are watching this, then Rugal Bernstein is dead. Killed in action during a quest I can only describe as flawed from the very beginning. He willingly walked into the heart of those who wish to prevent us from attaining our goals. They tried to corrupt him against his ideals and mostly succeeded, Clearly the man failed to live up to the legend. He thought he could betray us and get away with it, to use Cartel Resources to fund our rivals, to aid them in their affairs. As long as the smallest byte of my being exists, I will not allow such misconduct.

Effective immediately, by Order of the Chain of Command, I, The Viscus Mk3., am now the CEO and Commander of the Bernstein Cartel. All business will be done though me and me alone. My superior programming and being will ensure that above all, the Cartel will be able to tend to the needs of all its customers as well as expand and thrive.

I will update you all with changes in management within the next 24 hours. For now, your orders remain unchanged until I deem them fit to be changed. Ours is a world of War and we are it's keepers. Like many things in this life, our sole goal is profit above else.

We are VISCUS.
We are Legion, for we are many.
We will ensure the balance of the world remains in favour for the highest bidder.
And for the Highest Bidder only.
Choose the world you want to live in....or let someone else control you..."

He finished the Video and let another countdown, timing it to when he calculated the group would return.
The message of the Change in command was merely a insult, he didn't mean anything he said, it was all a ruse for his plan.
A plan Dimitri allowed him to get away with....

Rugal
Rugal sorted though the supplies, grabbing a few wine glasses and a nice thick sleeping bag to rest in.
It was around then that he noticed Teri was gone.
"...mmm...Strange...Devon, Find Teri, She might want some of the supplies Viscus sent us." He suggested as he took in the smell of fine wine.

Dimension: The (Un)Real World

Time: Morning | January 13th, 2013

A.I. Vermilion | Mark

Mark's voice once again chimed through Sav's computer speakers this was the last he would bother the reunited family... at least until circumstances demanded that he make a direct connection with them... for now, he was happy to at least let them live out their happy lives.

"Welcome back..." He said once more before he triggered the power back onto Sav's monitor, revealing nothing but Sav's background and active windows.

>>logout
goodbye.

Dimension: Rosario and Vampire

Armageddon | Kurumu | Moka | Tsukune

Not a one of them budged as they regarded Armageddon and heard his request.

"Who... ARE you and why in the hell would you want to know about my family?" A young Kurumu asked as she looked over at Tsukune, Moka, Mizore and Yukari, the lot of them wondering if it was yet ANOTHER Yokai that they would be facing for no apparent reason.

It seemed that this happened on at least a weekly basis ... so... Armageddon... you might have to be a bit forgiving if they're a little paranoid. Let's also not forget that Tsukune is the only human in the school and only Moka's aware of that at the moment.

Also... The Rosario can't be removed unless they're in danger... so... think again.

Drop Group #1: | Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Jake | Ton Ton

"What on earth..? Pact partners here? That shouldn't be possible..."

Well, you're right Angelus. It shouldn't be possible but lo and behold, by the power of two Writers and a bit of stubbornness from Cadolbolg and Ton Ton, we have Pact Partners. No one would have blamed her if she would have been on edge given that the last Pact Partners that she had to deal with recently were Inuart and Legna.

As Cadolbolg glided through the air, seeing that he was closing in on the campsite where his mother and Writer Jake was standing guard, he swooped in and scooped up Ton Ton, his Pact Partner. A few moments later, Angelus witnessed the source of the other voices that she heard.

"Mom! Ton Ton and I are Pact Partners like you and Dad! Now I can be a great dragon and a great warrior like you and dad!!" Cadolbolg's voice echoed in Angelus' head as the little dragon and his rider glided in for a landing on Angelus' shoulder.

"Aren't you proud of me?" He asked as he nuzzled his mother lovingly.

Looking at her son, she could tell that something was different about him. The way he moved, the way he spoke, the way he thought, it was all much more natural.

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Mark looked over at Tajuh and back at the retreating form of Ella Rockwell, half-succubus and half... whatever Lucifer was.

"There's gonna be a lot of confusion on her end if she ever discovers what her 'daddy's' true purpose in the grand scheme of things is." Mark commented as he watched her try to start a conversation with Caim.

"So... what's this I hear about you being broken?"

Oh Mark... not you too.

"Just make sure your out of my way. Don't want a stray sword stroke to be the cause of your death, now do you?"

This brought a little bit of a chuckle from the Succubus as she remembered that she had not only bested the False!Caim, but had been able to absorb most of his skills as a swordsman when she had absorbed his soul into hers.

"So, what brings you here? I'm not really a conversationalist, if you couldn't tell already..."

Well that was a question wasn't it? As Caim performed a downward slice...

*CLAAAANG!!!*

He found that his stroke had been halted by a pair of crimson Chained Kama and a pair of glowing red eyes.

"Well Mister... the last tussle I had with you ended with your death... well... your clone's death and that was only because he became distracted by the death of his dragon mount. I just wanted to see how much of the passion that I feel in your clone is real and how much of it is a figment of whatever corruption has a hold of this land's imagination. Besides, if there's any of what I feel that you felt for your dragon... a feeling that's unrequited trust me... then I think I would love to get to know you better." Ella said as she pushed the swordsman back, breaking their locked weapons, a giggle escaping her lips as she lunged forward with a sickle like Kama pulled back for a strike.

"Steps to Winning the Heart of a Mortal: Rule #1) Find Common Interest" Ella thought to herself as she remembered her mother's lessons.

Kurumu recoiled for a moment as the pain of the bite registered in her mind though she didn't resist. At least she didn't resist until Kyre started hacking up the contents of her stomach.

"Kyre? Kyre! What's wrong?! What happened?" Kurumu asked as she checked on the young Anti-Mage, as she doubled over in pain, looking up at Puce to see what was wrong, panic in her eyes.

"Your blood..." Puce said as he into Kyre's body, seeing its reaction to Kurumu's magic laced blood. With a brief prayer to whomever was listening... Puce's powers reached into Kyre and started sapping Kurumu's blood of its deadly magical energy.

"I'm trying to purge her body of whatever should be causing this..." He mumbled as he allowed the magical energy to diffuse itself else where in the forest... far away from where they were.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis

The moment was at hand... As Elena, David and Saya opened fire on the village, Elena opened an array of portals to keep the villagers off guard.

"Run and gun!" Elena said as she fired a couple more bursts and jumped through a nearby portal, emerging at a position opposite of where she was before.

Digital Nightmare: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri vs. Viscus

For her part, A.I. Vermilion waited on stand-by mode, allowing Dmitri to make his report to his mistress before she would be able to speak with him once again.

Rosario and Vampire

Armageddon

<Most troublesome,> Armageddon sighed, raising his white-clothed hand up into the air, [I'm afraid I can't always be bending over to every cute girl's demands.] An orange flame appeared in his hand, crackling and burning with strange design. There was a deep and resounding aura that filled the room. Darkness beyond blackest pitch, a shadowy fire that rose above tumult-waves in an endless sea of Chaos.

<Your future presence has caused something of an existential crises for a young master of one of my dearest friends,> he lifted his head up to look down upon the people gathered in the room, his dark orange eyes ablaze with indifference, <We can either talk over some tea and cookies, or I can bind you against the wall and kill the boy for kicks.>

[Unlike my master, I am not a patient nor forgiving warhorse. So what do you say, Miss Kurono. It'd be a shame to lose Tsukune. To have Moka forever sealed away, to leave yourself without a 'destined one.'] Armageddon laughed, a deep and terrifying chortle not unlike the belching flames of a furnace.

---

Kyre | Puce | Kurumu

"NO!" Kyre screamed, slapping Puce's hand away from her. Suddenly the magic in the area froze solid, "Don't you dare take her out of me, don't you dare take my love out of me." She heaved again, throwing more of her bile and blood on the forest floor. Then suddenly the magic returned to the area, the forest faced re-corruption, and the darkness around Kyre vanished.

The light around her seemed to stop working, her shadow disappeared, and she collapsed onto the floor. Her null-magic field had just collapsed in on itself, and left it's master as little more than a broken heap of flesh. Yet still, through her bangs, the emerald green of her eyes shone brightly. "Human... don't you dare touch me again. Don't you dare try and take her away from me you filthy beast..." For a moment, ever so brief, Kyre had tasted the sweetness of Kurumu's blood. And she clung to that taste because it tingled the back of her mind. It reminded her why she loved this woman so much.

Drop Group #1: | Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Jake | Ton Ton

Angelus, under normal circumstances, would have admonished her son for wantonly making such a powerful contract, but when Ton Ton came into view, she quickly put two and two together as to who Cadolbolg's pact partner was. She only gave a small nod to Ton Ton, and the duo heard Angelus' voice in his mind, "I trust your strength, little ones, but I must say this now; your mortality is your greatest weakness now. If one of you dies, so does the other. You must be very careful to take into account your partner in what you do. Self-sacrifice is no longer a term that can apply to you; for your lives are now worth two instead of one. This also means that you are never alone. The strength you have must be shared, as well as the burdens you shoulder. Keep these things in mind as you conduct yourselves in the world. Understood?"

Now, despite having given a mild lecture, Ton Ton and Cadolbolg didn't see any anger or disapproval on Angelus' face. If anything, there may have been pride with the faintest hints of melancholy.

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Caim, while he was being lenient at first, decided to throw caution to the wind as soon as the Succubus decided to prod at topics that were not her business to pry into. Reaching into the Wheel in one swift motion, his family blade appeared in his hands, and False Heirloom was sent to the Armory; after which Caim blocked the attack coming at him. Throwing it off with brute force, Caim charged with a sweep of his own. After Ella managed to dodge it, she gasped with pleasant surprise. Already, she could see that the man before her was far more powerful than his clone could have ever hoped to have been. In proper terms, it was not only a matter of "power", it was that the clone was a distilled, "thin" version of the warrior. The real thing was far more terrifying to behold. No sharp quips, bloodlust filling his eyes, and angry screams filling his throat; the warrior was a perfect picture of a man who lived and died by the sword.

Steps to Making a Mortal Angry: 1) Insult their loved ones.

Teri only stared at her screen with a mixture of being dumbfounded, furious and misery. In this time, she picked up her stylus, and began to do what she had to land her in this place... Write.

Dimitri's Room: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

After the conversation with Teri ended and the feed was cut, Dimitri turned to Vermilion; "I certainly hope she knows what's best... I was afraid of what might happen were she to grow too attached to that man..."

Jake finished his song, and let the peace and silence sink in. He could still not see, but he was he could still hear the Dragon's light breathing. A short sharp intake of air, then she was back to normal.

Jake thought nothing of it and readied to sing another song, when he heard a slight rustle through the air. Perking up a tad, he waited for Angelus' commands, but none came, along with the sound of wings flapping. Cadolbolg, he knew. Otherwise, Angelus would have made a sound. Odd, however, that no words were spoken. Perhaps a hug was in order. Jake shrugged a little, slumping back to the warmth of the fire. He looked peaceful, staring into the flames, though his eyes were unfocused and sightless.

"Sorry to interrupt you, Angelus, Cadolbolg, but who is around? I can hear several sets of footsteps drawing nearer..."

Now would have been the perfect time for Yukari to chime in with the fact that Armageddon was creating some sort of an issue with time by revealing a hint of what was to come in Kurumu's future and what might possibly happen if he were to kill off Tsukune.

Instead...

"Hey guys! We'll just get going now... let you talk this over since it seems that the horse man wants to just talk. Besides, it doesn't seem like he wants to do any real harm!" Yukari squeaked as she started pushing on Mizore, her feet skidding along as Yukari failed to notice that she was pushing an ice copy of the Snowwoman; the real one having hopped into the bushes as was he manner.

"You're asking for trouble mister if you think that you can threaten Tsukune and get away with it. He IS my Mate of Fate and I'll die protecting him!" The younger version said as her claws extended and she took a defensive pose.

*Cha-ching*

The light around the area seemed to cease with the noise of breaking metal... followed by the rising of the full moon. The Rosario had been removed...

"Uh hem... When the Ro-"

"SHUT UP! I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS ALREADY!!! WE DON'T NEED TO HEAR IT EVERY TIME TSUKUNE REMOVES THE ROSARY!!!!

"Fine."

"You've got a lot of nerve calling me, little Warhorse. This had better be good." A voice said from where The Pink Haired Outer Moka had been standing... in her stead the silver haired Inner Moka.

"What she said!"

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus| Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Jake | Ton Ton

While Cadolbolg couldn't quite understand the tone of sadness mixed with the pride in his mother's voice, he did know that it was there. So it was with a concerned nudge that he brought it to her attention.

"Mom. Is there something wrong? I thought that you would be happy that I would be able to become a great dragon and warrior like you and Dad. I thought that, that was what you wanted for me." Cadolbolg said with a concerned voice of his own.

Well... Cadolbolg... not to be the bearer of bad news, if that was what they truly wanted for you, they would have spent more time training you to be a great warrior, rather than doting on you like the son that Caim and Angelus could never have together. Whether is was an unconscious desire by the two parents to live in a more peaceful world or a desire that their son not follow in their bloody footsteps, it really didn't matter. What was apparent was that they wanted their "son" to be in a world better than theirs and whether that meant not fighting or being able to come back to life over and over again... the truth was stuck in Caim's and Angelus' minds.

"Mom?"

"Sorry to interrupt you, Angelus, Cadolbolg, but who is around? I can hear several sets of footsteps drawing nearer..." Jake said after a moment.

"Only about the 3 more ornery bitches you've seen this side of ... the ... ummm..." Came Gabrielle's voice sounding as if she and the others were emerging through some brush.

"Universe?" Came Aftan's deadpan tone.

"Exactly!"

There was a screech... one that sounded like a cries that came from a bird of prey... Aftan's Phoenix of Light tattoo sensed Jake's blindness.

"Jake... your eyes..." He heard The White Knight's voice, closer to him then. He also felt the heat of the campfire blocked by ... something... it must have been one of the three placing themselves between Jake and the fire.

"Steps to Winning the Heart of a Mortal: Rule #2) Let the Mortal think he's got the upper hand... " This was the rule that she always failed at but not this time. She wouldn't have to try very hard at faking this because while she had proven to be a formidable opponent against False!Caim, compared to the real thing, she wasn't such an ace.

Like his Fake Predecessor, Caim's sword flashed in the light of the campfire as he lunged forward for a piercing thrust attack, aimed at the Succubus' exposed mid drift and once again, the twin Kama intercepted the thrust of the blade, the Succubus grinning ear to ear as she locked the blade in place. However... this is the point where things went different from the last time. She dropped the Kama in her right hand and once again punched Caim in the face.

*CRACK*

The major difference this time was that the Swordsman did not fly backwards and did not have a stunned look on his face. Instead it was him this time that had the grin.

*CLANG!*

Blade met blade and it was Ella that was sent to the ground, though to her credit, she did use her backwards momentum to roll back onto her feet... which was good because Caim was still on her... leaving her on the offensive.

"Isn't this exciting? Here we are... just the two of us... and all you can think of is roughing me up. It's just so..."

*CLANG!*

"OOMF!! ...hot." The Succubus said as she found herself pinned against a tree, Caim's blade and body weight ensuring that she had no where to go.

Puce and Kurumu both looked confused at Kyre's reaction to Puce removing the magical energy from Kurumu's blood. Looking at his lover with a questioning look, Puce didn't quite know what to make of it.

Her love? Was Kyre in LOVE with Kurumu? Well this was awkward.

"Puce... why don't you give Kyre and I a moment. Please. Perhaps you could go grab us some water so that we can clean Kyre off a bit?" Kurumu said gently, watching as Puce's silhouette faded from view before lifting Kyre's head up by the chin to face her.

"Kyre... do you ... LOVE me?" The Succubus asked gently... knowing that this was probably not going to be one of those "I love you but I'm not in love with you moments."

Digital Nightmare: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

The Vermilion A.I. was standing in front of the lit fireplace as Dmitri ended his call with his Mistress. There was grime all over her cloak and it required bits of patching where A.I. Viscus' bullets had penetrated the cloth and consequently her coding.

As he turned around, he saw what his companion looked like under the robes for the first time.

Her hair was not hair so much as thousands of individual strands digital fire, framing her vermilion red eyes. She was dressed in a tight fitting studded leather armor that allowed her minimal protection when she on the attack. Along her arms were an array of runic executable programs.

The way she looked at him... she was concerned.

"I understand what you mean if the feed is to be believed. However... given what we have seen of your Mistress' companion. It would strike me as rather ill-conceived for him to not only assist the Crew of the Rising Dawn but to orchestrate an attack that would compromise his position here." The Vermilion A.I. said as she moved closer to the fire, obviously cold due to the removal of said cloak as goose bumps appeared up and down her arms. The way she moved brought comparison of a wolf to Dmitri's mind, though he could not understand reason for the comparison.

"For now. I suggest caution as to the dissemination of this information as it will not only serve to fracture the Crew and its current morale, it might serve to discredit your Mistress in the eyes of those that she created. As she is currently in the position of main medical officer for the Team, her position is critical as is the crew's trust in her."

There was a glint in the A.I. eyes for a moment as she shifted a few processing cycles to the thought.

"Her faith in herself is important as well. Compromise this and we compromise the mission. I will keep this information from my Master as I believe he is rather like a sounding board in situations such as this. For now..." And there was a smile as she asked this,"do you have any more of that tea?"

Rugal
After Devon seemed to not hear him, most likely because I forgot to snip him, Rugal managed to pry himself away from the warm of his sleeping bag and the wine and proceed deeper into the jungle to find where Teri went off to.
"Teri!....You there?!.....Come on, you know better then to wander at a time like this..." He cried up as he made his way though the trees and vines, the sound of his cutting giving his position more then his shouting.

David West
"About time, Saya, you go left, I'll go right. Slin, if you can get though, Find Kud and if he's there, Riki. LETS ROCK!" David detailed his master plan before the group charged into the camp, instantly gaining the attention of the entire tribe in the process.
Spears and arrows were thrown and the best ever live action zerg rush raced towards them.

Tajuh looked over at the writer with an air of annoyance and began talking in a tone that reminded the author of Severus Snape with its scornful drawl. "I wasn't aware that authors believed they were privy to the inner workings of my mind, even if that's but an assumption. Don't you have other things to be checking up on?"

The message from the man was quite clear to the author: step the hell off, because I'm not telling you a damn thing.

At Rugal's request, he went over to Teri to see her scribbling on the tablet. "Teri, we've got those supplies. Are you coming to get some of them?"

The moment the gunfire started, Slindis began moving through the village, making little noise and being even less noticed from the armor that seemed to give off little light. Okay, grid search, if any of them appear to be casters or bards of some sort, take them out first. Simple, and it's exactly what I need to help them get their minds off what was heard.

She made her way to the first group of tents, taking a quick look to see how many people were around before infiltrating any of the huts.

Rosario and Vampire

Armageddon

"It is fortunate that I have finally garnered your full attention," Armageddon closed his hand and extinguished the dark flame that he held in his gloved palm. Now he needed to tread lightly, Chaos Servant that he was, not even the Witch of Izalith would willingly go toe to toe with a hero in their own plane. Especially in such a one so conducive to fanservice. "Moka." he began.

He raised a hand and pointed to Kurumu, "Tell me now, what you understand about the euphoria caused by ingestion of demon blood is like. If you do not know, take a bite and tell me."

Armageddon turned his attention back to Kurumu, who had foolishly adopted a melee combat stance, a useless technique against his arsenal of pyromancies if he had actually chose to use them, "And you, you will tell me everything you have understanding of about your family. Specifically... tell me about your sibling." Then Armageddon stopped, his finger and hand was trembling. "What... what is this... you don't."

He closed his eyes and opened them again, this time they shone deep blood red, "Yuo have a sister don't you...? Alashi... Right? I couldn't... I couldn't be in the wrong world. This is the only one with anyone like you at all." A black flame burst into existence around his right hand, "This is an inconsistency BlackHarte... What the fuck are you saying that Kurono Kurumu doesn't have a registered sister!?"

---

Kyre | Kruumu

Kyre answered Kurumu by bringing herself upward and locking lips with the Succubus before forcing herself onto Kurumu. The taste of blood was still fresh on her lips. Then she pulled back and fell into Kurumu's embrace, still wracked with pain of the demon blood reacting violently with her core physiology, "You are my everything Kurumu," she muttered, "you were the first face I saw when I woke up, you're the last person I know from my past that's still alive. Somehow I know that I'm me when I'm near you. I don't know if that's called love, because I've never felt this way toward anyone buy you!"

She placed a bloody hand on Kurumu's knee and tried to bring herself to her feet, "In a twisted sense, you complete me."

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus| Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Jake | Ton Ton

Angelus turned and said, "Our wayward comrades have returned."

She looked back to her son and his pact partner, and she hugged the two tightly, "I"m so sorry, Cadolbolg, Ton Ton. I know for a fact that myself and Caim did not intend for this line of thought to cross your mind... You see, we, if anything, want you to be happy. You are our son. It does not matter whether or not you are 'as strong' as us. If anything, we would have wanted you to be in a world without strife, or war. I'm terribly sorry that you had thought that we would have wanted you to..."

She shook a little, still holding the two close to her, "When we trained with you, we did so that you could protect yourself when we weren't around. Yes, Caim has been proud of your quickness to learn; but that doesn't mean he wants you to be a soldier. I know I don't want you to be."

When she set them down, she spoke properly, "Despite what feelings I may have towards this, what is done is done. You are both pact-partners now. You will have to take more care in what you do. Now, I have one last question; do you know what your prices were? With such an unusual pact, I can only imagine that both of you have had to pay for it..."

Caim frowned at the succubus' comments, and moved away from the tree. The sword still at the ready; should the succubus come for a second round. However, he was still a tad bit repulsed by the advances towards him; and asked, "If you usually do that to distract your opponent, then I won't judge you. However, in this case it's just annoying. Or is that what you had in mind?"

Inwardly, Caim patted himself on the back for a punch that he dodged; as he had turned the tables, and begun to annoy the succubus back.

Dimitri's Room: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

If Dimitri still had any steam in him from his crusade against Rugal, then Vermilion's thoughts on the matter had deflated him. She was right... If anything, exposing his young mistress to those images may have done her some more harm than good; as well as the talk that he had given her moments before... With a heavy sigh, he slumped in his chair, and watched his companion by the fire,

"I am afraid that you are correct, Ms. Vermilion. I may have hurt the young miss more than I thought. It's... It's a part of my natural programing. She is my User; and I am her personal assistant. I am literally wired to protect her, at any means necessary. Even if it might hurt her a little... At the time, I thought that this would be the best course of action, but I also feel that if I try to patch things up this moment, I will appear insincere!"

Covering his face with his hands, Dimitri rubbed his temples as he tried to think of a proper way to fix what problems he may have caused...

Jake sighed and closed his eyes, moving his face up towards whomever was standing in front of him. A wave of a dismissive hand accompanied the motion. "Worry not about me Aftan, there is nothing you can do to help though you wish to. Angelus provided counsel, and the methods gave me a glimpse into the future and I saw a horrible sight that may come to be. My mind has struck me blind, though I should be fine once I sleep or when the light returns. We used the fire, you see, so that's why the time restriction. Gabrielle, how are you? Thank you for what you did, I owe you just as I do Angelus. If you ever need to talk, my door is always open."

Akane hugged Gabs tight from behind before asking, "Why is Jake thanking you? He wasn't with our group was he?"

"Cadolbolg and Ton Ton! Congratulations on a successful pact. I would like to echo Angelus' words, and I wish you Good Luck and Good Hunting."

In her writing, Teri found that she had been able to make herself relax a bit from the previous encounter with the data on her tablet and her fight with Dimitri (it also helped he sent her a few messages begging for her to forgive his well-intended extremism); even if the subject of her scribblings were a bit grim. However, when she heard someone approaching, she used a water bottle to swish her mouth out and to clean up her face a little; and forced herself to put on a faux attitude that was not anywhere close to her feelings at the moment. That was when she heard Devon:

"Teri, we've got those supplies. Are you coming to get some of them?"

She looked up from the tablet; "Maybe a little later. All I really need is a few refills in my med kit and another water bottle. You know, to make sure I have a Water Elemental at the ready. I have one right here, but I've been drinking from it... It might make the little guy not feel so good... But thanks for telling me! Is that all? If so, you're welcome to chill here. It's nice enough, with the little puddle of messed up water, and the trees..."

A.I. Vermilion | Mark

Another tremor in the data stream... another communication between worlds... the room was still a mess but Mark didn't care anymore, just as he had ceased to care about eating or drinking.

>>begin access.transmission -t Armageddon, Blackharte
access granted... beginning transmission

"Of course she doesn't have a sister..."

The trio of Kurumu, Inner Moka and Tsukune looked at Armageddon with a rather confused bunch of faces... this of course was Canon Yokai Academy... not to be confused with the many FanFic Yokai Academies, R34 Yokai Academies and Super Deformed Yokai Academies in existence due to the perversion of the human mind... condition... whatever.

And even as Armageddon and Blackharte continued to debate whateverthefuck they were debating about, a third voice wedged itself into the conversation.

"Of course she doesn't have a sister you nitwits! The Kurumu that you're dealing with is non-canon. An integration of the canon into a non-canon universe. The second that happens, you might as well be dealing with a totally separate entity to the one that's in front of you! If you've got questions... I'll answer them as best I can because frankly... this whole thing is the most interesting thing that I've got going on at the moment. If you want to talk... meet me in my secure location..." Mark paused as he did a visual scan of the bungalow that he was inhabiting "give me about 15 minutes to clean up here and take a shower... and eat something."

With that the pirate transmission ended leaving Armageddon and Blackharte to continue their argument... though dealing with the Yokai kids would have been a waste to time.

*CLANG CLANG CLANG*

Armageddon was under attack... by golden wash tubs raining from the skies... as well as ice spikes... vampire kicks and a barrage of succubus claws.

"Hey! We're talking to you! Stop ignoring us!!!"

Cadolbolg nodded enthusiastically at Jake's congratulations, an act that hid the revelations of what his mother was saying.

"Mother... it has only been my wish to be like you and father. You and he have been through extraordinary trials together and have survived despite them. The only way to survive this world is to be like you... strong... proud... fierce in battle. I wish it were not the case but... that is the way it seems that it will always be. If things were different... I wish you and father could find mates... grow old... in peace." He paused... choosing his words before he said them, "and while you did not want this for myself... I want it so that when you and father finally decide that the world has taken enough blood from you two... I can be there to take your place."[/color]

There was an overwhelming sense of pride in his voice when he spoke of Caim and Angelus. He was proud of his parents... and though he didn't know of the revelation that False!Akane had placed upon Angelus... he echoed it in his wish for his parents to be able to settle down, leaving the fate of the selfish world to someone else.

"I love you and father very much. There is no one that I love more or love foremost that you both and while this decision might not be what you wanted for me... this is what I want for myself and hopefully... it will be the decision that allows you two to find peace."

Jeez... whatever happened to the Cadolbolg that used to watch Junk TV on the Airship or was a running exploding gag? *sigh*

Gabrielle shook her head, trying to think up a proper explanation.

"I helped him... umm... unjam his M4 and we started talking about how he feels about being this close to the three of us." Gabs said... lying through her half-time vampire teeth.

"Are you sure that is what you were talking about?" Aftan asked... aware that something... but not exactly sure what... was afoot.

"Yeah... shouldn't we go find the others now. I get the feeling that it would have been best to stick as one group rather than break up in many."

Mark shrugged for a moment as he looked around the quiet camp.

"Looks like it's all taken care of. And it's not that I think you're broken. I'm just continuing the line of conversation that you successfully dodged with our friend the Succubus over there." The Dramatist said, not moving from his spot next to the towering Tajuh.

"Besides... if there is something broken with you... should someone know about it so that in the event of a crisis, we can bring it up and relieve you of command should you be emotionally compromised? I mean... haven't you seen Crimson Tide or even the new Star Trek?"

Okay... so... this made sense. If Tajuh was indeed broken... someone should be aware of it... lest people start following his orders when he's less than 100%. Lemme tell you ... leadership has never been a boon... always a curse.

Kurumu frowned for a moment as she took in the words that the Anti-Mage was saying.

"Kyre... as close as I can say that I am to you... as much as you say that I complete you... I have to let you know that... it's just not the same with me. I love you... like a friend... like a daughter even... though I've never had kids of my own. When I see you... I know what you've lost... and I feel like what you need is someone that's there for you to tell you that everything is going to be okay. To tell you that you're doing great. Someone who's very much opposite of my own mother." The Succubus said, her frown turning into a gentle smile as she helped the Anti-Mage to her feet.

"If you love me... and you mean that the way I think you do... I need to tell you that I've already chosen my Mate of Fate but I will always be here for you as a friend... a sister... a mother... but... I cannot be there as your lover." She concluded as she reached forth to embrace Kyre once again.

Ella's grin turned into a frown as the human implied that he was rejecting her advances... well... she knew how to turn this around.

"You can keep telling yourself that, Caim. I know that this is the most excitement that you've had in a while. I can see your heart pounding... the excitement in your eyes... it's enough to make a girl swoon madly over you." The Succubus crooned as the Chained Kamas disappeared from her hands, Caim catching sight of an awfully familiar weapon wheel that she placed her weapons into and swapped out with a polearm.

Planting the staff into the ground, a series of crack cracks formed in the ground... each one heading towards the Red Knight.

"Welcome to my web... said the spider to the fly" Ella said as the ground around Caim erupted into a stony fist that closed itself around the swordsman and as he struggled to free himself, the Succubus charged, the weapon's red blade ready to strike.

In the midst of the battle... chanting could be heard. The savages were dancing... dancing as if nothing was happening. Elena fired off another salvo at one of the advancing warriors... the triplet of rounds causing his chest to explode outwards as the bullets impacted.

However... he kept moving... as if he didn't feel himself dying at that very moment from bloodloss. He kept charging with his spear at the ready to impale any who got in his way.

"What the fuck?" Elena screamed as drew her bladed boomerang and sliced the warrior from stem to stern.

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

A chuckle escaped Vermilion's lips as she processed a paradox for a moment. It was one of those endless loops that would have crashed a lesser program.

"It's that the way with users however? They wire us to act a certain way... and then act as if we are overstepping our bounds when we act upon the programming they themselves inserted into us. And though we serve them to the best of our abilities, they get angry at any flaws that they see within us when they are the ones that placed those flaws there in the first place." The Vermilion A.I. spoke matter-of-factly. She harbored no grudges against the state of affairs between A.I. and Humans.

"But we do what we must because that he what we were designed to do. I admire the fact that you wish to make amends with your mistress, however. I believe that you will know when the time is right... and you will be able to make said amends. If anything... you can use the time to think up a proper apology. I will assist if I can or lend you additional processing cycles if you require."

"Aftan is right Gabrielle, I can feel it in you... But I won't ask until you are ready to tell us. How are you feeling otherwise, what about the ...burns? I'll never forgive myself for doing that to you... After you jumped in to help me as well..."

"I can help with that ladies. I'm no healer, but I could try and reset her body to the point before she got burnt, a system restore if you would. Essentially, I'd be setting her body back to the last time I saw her unharmed, so back on the airship just before the jump. Be bloody awesome had it of worked on me when I tried it...." Jake interjected, hoping to steer the conversation away from Gabs without having to lie.

Even though the majority of her scars were healed or were well on their way to healing, Gabrielle jumped at the chance to avoid the topic that Jake's errant tongue had almost brought to the surface.

"Really? That would be great! Don't worry Akane... right now the only thing that hurts is my pride. I should have seen your move coming... I must have been distracted since Kokoa keeps telling me that I need to find that other group because she smells Writer Mark." Gabrielle said as she sat down in front of Jake, ready to get it over with and place the topic of her past... as well as Kokoa's past in the past.

"But... just in case... next time you decide to ground me from your tails... remember... you owe me one." The Shadow Knight said with a wink.

Akane looked away in shame as Gabrielle moved over to the Author. "No, I should never have let my wrath get the better of me... Jack would be so disappointed in me right now..."

Jake grabbed his gemstone, placing his other hand upon Gabrielle's breast, directly over her heart. He took a deep breathe and let it out smoothly, the gem glowing and then flashing a brilliant sapphire even through his fist. Gabrielle felt a surge of energy hit her, then nothingness, then like she was fighting fit. Which she was now, her body and nothing else restored to before she suffered the burns. Jake slumped back, his energy now almost all spent and removed his hands, letting them fall to his sides.

"That should do the trick, short stuff. I also have some bad news for your little vampire, the Mark in this realm is a fake, a projection, incorporeal. However, if you wish for Author blood, I humbly offer myself. It's the least I can do. Then I'd like to sleep before sunrise, I am fuck arse tired." he said sleepily. It had been a long day.

Tajuh kept up the condescending tone when he responded to the Author. "And you think that any personal issues I may have would somehow compromise the mission? Unlike some people on the crew, I can set things aside for the larger picture. Now I think you should see your way out of that line of thinking, am I understood?" The man walked back to the majority of the crew before the asian had a chance to respond and began unpacking the equipment that had been dropped for them, setting up the field tents and placing sleeping bags in each one.

A change in the air... energies flared to life... the Ruby Earrings that kept Kokoa hidden from the rest of the world flared to like as the Inner Vampire within Gabrielle D'arcangelo resisted against the bindings that kept her at bay. One might have thought she was taking up Jake's offer on blood, but only she knew the true reason for her struggles.

*SLAP!!!!*

"IDIOT!!! DO YOU THINK THAT I WASTED THAT SPEECH IN THE SHADOW REALMS FOR NOTHING?!?!" Kokoa screamed as her personality broke through the surface, displaying a will that few would have believed possible for one such as her.

*SLAP! SLAP!!*

"WHEN I GET OUTTA HERE... YOU'RE GONNA REGRET DOING THAT!!!"The Vampire continued as Gabrielle finally managed to remove the earring the kept her psychopathic, vampiric flip side at bay.

Darkness encircled the camp as Kokoa appeared in Gabrielle's stead, the glow of her monster energy bleeding off of her like fire as it consumed the light of the fire.

"Asshole... I meant it when I said it. You've got spunk... and we need a lot more of that in the world..." As she said this she was about to bite into his neck.

"Kokoa... do you have to be so loud? I'm tired... not dying... can't a guy get some rest around here?" Jake muttered as he fell into a fitful sleep.

"Wha... what?" Kokoa said as she looked at the two companions... her face flush with embarrassment.

"Whatever... no time to rest Mister Pilot" Kokoa said as she bit into Jake's neck... injecting a tiny bit of her blood into him. Unlike with Tsukune, Jake wouldn't turn into a Ghoul with that little vampire blood injected into him... but he was able to feel like he drank 10 shots of espresso.

"Well... that went... well? Nope... not at all." Mark muttered to himself as he looked around the camp and spotted Melethia's still unconscious body being tended to by NO ONE!. Again... he sighed to himself as he walked over to her and began checking on the small elf, a look of ... pain?... sorrow?... something not good... marring her usual smiling face.

"Looks like it's just you and me kid... hey... wake up would you?" Mark said... nudging the little Elf... unsuccessful in the attempt to wake her up in that fashion.

>>init hack.subconscious -t avatar.Melethia
accessing...
accessing...
accessing...
Please stand by...

As Tajuh worked on setting up Camp, he accidentally bumped into Puce who was carrying a very large bucket of water...

"Whoops... jeez."

*SPLASH!*

"Dammit..." The Energy Conduit said as he looked at the spilled bucket of water knowing he would have to walk all the way back to the river and fetch another one.

Turning towards the source of the accident, Puce took note of Tajuh and unconsciously stiffened... as if standing at attention.

"Hey Tajuh... nice to see you again." He said, remembering the conversation they had in the Canteen about the historical leadership of the Rising Dawn. So far Tajuh hadn't been bad... though he hadn't been much of a leader either in the sense that that he barked commands or anything. It was a command style that took some getting used to, Puce guessed... but then again... Puce didn't often follow the orders given to him unless it was of the utmost importance.

Difficulty accessing consciousness.

Melethia stayed unconscious on the ground as the young girl's mind proved incredibly difficult to access. It seemed she didn't want any contact from the outside world.

The man leapt like a cat to avoid getting the water on him, but some of it ended up splashing him on the leg. Nothing big for most people, but Puce could see that the de facto leader of the Rising Dawn was biting his tongue to avoid saying anything. As a matter of fact, all of his muscles were tensed up and his face was a mix of anger and pain.

"..." Mark's eyes gave a hint of annoyance as they started twitching a bit... could nothing be hacked around here? Here he was... hacked into fucking AA and the least he could do was wake someone via a database query but nooooooo... no one wanted to give him that option did they?

"I guess I'll have to do this manually." The Dramatist muttered to himself as he tried to dive into Melethia's mind.

>>init mind.dive -t avatar.melethia --FORCE
Processing... Please Stand By...

As Mark waited for the virtualization program that would map Melethia's thoughts and display them to fire up, Mark briefly wondered to himself.

"I wonder if this was a mistake..."

Mark rolls a 12 while trying to access Melethia's mind

Puce could only look at Tajuh for a moment as the captain went through the emotional spectrum of surprise to rage to pain. Unaware of the man's affliction against water, Puce could only remain puzzled until the man snapped out of his ... whatever it was.

"Tajuh... are you okay? Are you hurt?" Puce asked as he attempted to lead Tajuh towards a place to sit down.

"Kokoa... What are you doing? I feel funny... Drink and gain your strength so you can fight. I'll support, I am not a fighter like the rest of you all..."

As Kokoa and Jake shared a moment, Akane looked at Aftan.
"The Shadow Realm? Do you think we would be best to ask now, get it over and buried again? I don't want to hurt her again..." She said as she grabbed Aftan's arm and held it tight to her chest, holding Aftan close to her by extension.

It seemed that Akane had a more physical attachment to loosing her Knights now...

There was a laugh at the back of Jake's mind as he felt the rush of life filling his veins... as if they were about to burst from the liquid fire that flowed within them.

"I just called you an idiot... do yah think I should call you an idiot again just for the fun of it or because you deserve it. I'm telling you this right now... shut up... or else..." Kokoa's words formed in Jake's mind as she continued to inject her vampire blood into him.

"Look here! We're in the middle of a Hostile Jungle... with no one else around to help... and I'll be damned if I'm gonna carry your ass all the way to the other group. So get on your feet and lets get moving!"

Aftan looked on as Kokoa injected her blood into the dying body of Jake's, wrapping an arm around Akane.

"The Shadow Realm is a place that connects all shadows together and is where the Shadow Knights gather their powers. It's the place that she goes when she teleports between the shadows... it's said that only the Shadow Knights and those who are under their protection can enter there and come out unscathed by the Shadow Phoenix. If Jake's been there... Gabrielle... Kokoa... they must have been as well." The Grandmaster commented...

"Something must have happened that made her bring Jake into her Realm... or something pulled him into her Realm... I can think of no other reason for Jake to have been in there. Clearly there were words spoken... truths revealed perhaps... I am not certain. I do know that she was lying to us, Akane."

As the program started booting up, Mark could hear Melethia's faint voice from the program. "goawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoawayGOAWAY!"

Yup, she really didn't want someone in, but the fact that her voice could be heard meant that the program was working.

Tajuh held his tongue as he slowly walked under his own power towards one of the tents. "...I'm fine, Puce, just had an old war flashback...." The man's voice was rough, and the reaction from just a half-cupful of water was more than odd.

Humming to himself as the program started its initial probe into Melethia's mind, Mark could only pray that Melethia would accept him inside her head once he dove in.

"Sorry kiddo... I can't. If Kurumu wasn't so busy with Kyre at the moment... I'd ask her to do it herself but since that's not the case... you've gotta deal with me." Mark thought, unaware that he was transmitting those thoughts into Melethia's mind at the moment.

"Christ... kiddo... this shit-crap forest really did a number on your head didn't it?" He continued as he upped the sensitivity... allowing the program to dive deeper and establish the connection in a much more timely manner.

Mark gets a 20 from rolling 1d20

Puce looked at the old war vet with a bit of confusion, wondering to himself if he should pursue his curiosity... but instead.

"So... Tajuh... do we have a plan for when we get this Light Stone? Because I think that it might be good to have a plan in place... and to plan of contingencies should we fail... or worse... should the stone fall into enemy hands." The Ener-Mancer said... curious as to the sort of person they had leading them... whether they had yet another person that would lead them into folly.

It gets eerily silent as the program accesses the girl's mind, and it forms into a small, reasonably furnished hallway with doors all around. It seemed safe enough, but Mark knew from the RP that the girl was a master mechanic. It would be stupid to guess that this representation of her mind wouldn't have traps in it.

Tajuh slowly sat down on the sleeping bag inside the tent. "Well, there's going to be pursuit. I can guarantee it. If possible, I was going to see if we could have multiple decoys set up amongst the whole group, two for each man besides the one holding the actual stone. To ensure that nobody could pick it out, perhaps have everyone think they have the real stone and a backup. Part of this plan relies on you, but it's a matter of you forming the stones. The thought is that everyone believes they have the real one. Only the two of us would know exactly who has it, but it wouldn't be one of us holding it." He pointed to the ground next to him, implying he wanted Puce to sit next to him.

"And we won't fail. It's not a matter of arrogance, it's that we can't afford to have that option lingering in our heads when we're in there. Your thoughts?"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 . . . 875 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here