The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 . . . 875 NEXT

Slindis
Riki and Kud nodded as he carried his lover while following the drow.
David was still firing at the remaining Tribals, sending them Elena's way as the Fog appeared.
"And about damn time!" He exclaimed as he tagged along with Slin and Co to safety.
All and all, it was a rather successful rescue.
Though David was going to punch Riki in the face for racing off like that and making things harder for the group.

In those vital moments before Rugal was about to close in for the kill; Dimitri found an anger of his own rise in his breast; filling his body and digital soul with pure hatred for the man that made his Madam suffer so. Thus, the send was made; and everyone on the Rising Dawn who had something digital on their person now knew of what Rugal was involved with. Even if his home were to be crushed seconds after this; he would be happy to know that his Madam would be avenged. No one hurts his Lady and gets away with it. In his haze of anger, he did not notice the new message on the screen until things had calmed down again.

"What now?" he wondered to himself as he began to open the message.

Teri didn't move from the spot even after Rugal had gone back to camp; being frozen in shock from the ordeal. Why didn't he kill her? He was clearly about to forgo on his promise a moment ago. What made him stop? Teri shook her head in confusion, and numbly forced herself to get her staff and hide under a nearby tree. If Rugal was back in camp; she didn't want to be anywhere near him. Shivering under the tree in question, she sniffled as she was crying again; the full pain of everything that just happened washing over her. No connections to her creations, the realization that one she looked up to was a phony, and Bruiser being back to his former glory. Everything was too much. As she started falling asleep; she wondered if the death would have been such a bad thing after all...

bluerocker:
Offline now

After the moment had passed and Rugal had fled, Dimitri opened the Message

Subject: Thank you

To: Dimitri

On behalf of the Viscus Mk3. and All of AIM's personnel, I would like to thank you for ensuring that once Subject: Arch Angel Tomoya has been defeated, VISCUS will be the driving force in the new world.

As we speak, I am taking steps to have AIM save the world, something the Rising Dawn is unable to do it seems.

Why am I sending this to you?
Because even from the moment of my formation, I was never a program, I was Brain Scan of one of the most intelligent men in the history of man.
So I can do the one thing very AI's can dream of:
Lie

Rugal Bernstein didn't order the attack, I did.
The messages you have sent will result in a 99.9% chance of a fatal incident that will result in the death of Rugal Bernstein.
There is nothing you can do to stop it.

I thank you for your persistence.
Persistence in Failure.

/Viscus
The second he processed it, the Message deleted itself.
There was nothing he could do to stop Viscus now.

Dimension: The (Un)Real World

Time: Morning | January 13th, 2013

A.I. Vermilion | Armageddon | Mark

*THUD... THUD... THUD*

Mark's eyes opened as he heard the repetitive thumps of Armageddon's head bumping against the door to his bungalow... a sound that was slowly getting more and more annoying as the moments wore on.

"Hold on! Hold on!" The Dramatist called out as he looked around the room, making sure that the place was clean and ready for his guest. Of course... it wasn't the most ideal place to be meeting but Mark had seen what the Warhorse had done to the Canon-verse of R+V. He hadn't been able to damnable episode since the Chaos steed had been there and knocked it out of its Canon status.

*Blink*

Oh it was back on... except something was different... Wasn't Tsukune supposed to be male... and weren't Moka, Kurumu, Yukari and Mizore supposed to be female?

"Oh jeez..." Mark muttered to himself as he realized what had happened. Since the original Canon-verse had been destroyed by Armageddon, the powers that be found the next closest thing to the original... in this case it was the same except Gender Bent.

*Clunk... SQUUUEEEEEEEEE*

The door was opened and Mark found himself face to nose with the very entity that had destroyed the R+V-verse.

"YOU have some splainin' to do... come in. Hay? Grain? Water?" He asked... trying to be a good host.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Nighttime | January 1st

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Jake | Ton Ton

Excitedly, Cadolbolg launched himself into the sky with his new Partner Ton Ton, taking great care that he didn't lose his rider as he did so. If there was one thing in the world that he wanted to see at the moment, it was his Dad's reaction to the news that his Son was now a full fledged Pact-Partner with Ton Ton.

As he glided through the air, the main encampment for the Rising Dawn in the distance, visions of Cadolbolg swooping down to roast would be evil-doers with his fire while Ton Ton leaped from his back to bring pointy justice to the very same villains danced through his head.

Eager... he rose into the sky... enjoying the new sensations being truly alive afforded him.

"I ain't no doggie! Oh wait yeah I am, nevermind... *Sigh*, collar me..."

"Okie dokie!" Gabrielle said with a less than reluctant tone of voice. Jake could tell that the Shadow Knight was going to enjoy this... pause...

*THWIP*
*Jingle Jingle*

Jake felt an actual collar being fitted around his next, the material feeling strange against his skin... he couldn't quite identify it.

"Perfect. A Shadow Collar and a Shadow Leash for the Author shroud in darkness" Gabs chuckled as she gave Akane the leash.

"Gabrielle, was this necessary?" Aftan's voice said in the distance as she took point.

"Soi'inly!"

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

*CLANG!!!*

The two weapons clashed against one another once again, except this time, Ella had positioned the staff of her weapon between her legs, giving her the leverage to stop Caim's attack with just her right hand, leaving her left hand free. An amused smile graced the lips of the Succubus as she looked deep in Caim's eyes, even as he struggled to bring the tip of the Scythe closer to the Succubus, the Succubus reached out with her left hand and grabbed Caim by the front of his armor.

"You pine over a woman... scratch that... a DRAGON who doesn't love you in return. You two have always been forward about what you want and what you need. If she felt the same way, wouldn't she have told you by now? How long are you going to fool yourself into believing that there is a chance in HELL that this will ever work out between you two." The Blonde Succubus said as her pulled him closer to her.

"I want you Caim... I see the passion that you've got inside of you... I see the man that you are." She crooned.

"But if you can stand waiting until your deathbed for her to tell you that she doesn't feel the same way, then by all means... do so. Prove that when it comes to her you're nothing but a fool." Ella said as she shoved Caim backwards and dashing towards him with her weapon at the ready.

Puce watched as Tajuh left to make the arrangements for the attack on the Temple. Grabbing his bucket of water, he headed back towards where Kurumu and Kyre were still seated, smiling as he saw Kurumu and Kyre hugging each other.

"Well, I'm glad that the topic of kids got avoided." Puce muttered to himself as he sat back down, producing a clean towel which he dipped into the cool water.

As he prepared to help clean the blood off of Kyre's face, she gave him a look... a very serious... deadly look that told him not to touch her. Blinking, in disbelief, he saw that the expression had disappeared.

"Here Kuru... why don't you clean of Little Kyre." The Energy Conduit said to his Succubus partner as he handed her the towel.

As Mark moved to defend himself against the attack, a beep broke his concentration.

*BEEEP!*

"ow" The Dramatist said as he looked at the stump where his hand used to be.

"Vermilion... this had better be good. I just lost my hand in this simulation because of you." Mark said as he started back pedaling away from his attackers and springing yet another trap, this one being a series of pendulum blades that swooped in from the sides of the room.

"Whoa!"

"Apologies, Master but there is a situation. Rugal has been accused of orchestrating an attack on a military base while keeping the Rising Dawn busy with this Stone of Light business. If an someone objective does not intervene at the moment, it could spell disaster for the mission."

"Are you saying that I'm objective?"

"This A.I. would never dream of it, Master. However regardless, it is my belief that you are needed now. Please commence log out of the girl's mind."

"Alright..."

>>Logout
goodbye.

Once again Mark found himself in the corrupted Forest near the temple...

"TERI?!?!?" Mark called out, hoping that he would find his Clark before someone slipped her more Kryptonite.

*Darkness*

That was what Teri saw in her dreams as she slept... the emotional and physical strains of the day finally catching up to her as she slept in the middle of the woods unguarded by anyone.

*Chik... PSHHHHHHH*

A match was struck and a single flame lit the dark eternity of Teri's mind... before it was brought to the wick of a candle and blown out. The single flame illuminated a single face that Teri instantly recognized.

"Hey Kiddo... long time." Lucifer said as he stood in the darkness, his business suit a glimmering white rather than the black that she had seen him in last time.

"Looks like you've had a long day as well." He said as he sat down next to her prone form.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis

"David! Sit Rep!" Elena called out as she continued to rain lead upon the village, using her portals to send the incoming arrows back on the archers that sent them.

"We should get out of here... if you've got the kids..."

Dmitri's House: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri vs. Viscus

A.I. Vermilion stood quietly as she watched Dmitri face contort in anger and though she had tried to argue with him against sending out the mass e-mail regarding Rugal's apparent betrayal, she was not able to intervene in time.

He stood there silent... as if some unseen process was stealing his CPU cycles... as if he was caught in some endless loop of calculations.

"Dmitri... report status." She said... hoping that on some level his programming would hear her and he would become a bit more verbal.

Dmitri's House: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri vs. Viscus

Dimitri remained frozen as the full gravity of what just happened filled his digital mind, the final paragraph:

The messages you have sent will result in a 99.9% chance of a fatal incident that will result in the death of Rugal Bernstein.
There is nothing you can do to stop it.

I thank you for your persistence.
Persistence in Failure.

echoing painfully as he understood what had happened. His breath quickened, a motion entirely unnecessary in AI programming, but still remaining in his, as he leaned against a wall of the room.

"I've signed his death warrant... User: Rugal Bernstein is dead because of me."

Vermilion looked confused at Dimitri as he contemplated this. "Dimitri? Report status?"

Dimitri looked at Vermilion; horror coloring his face paler than usual; "Viscus. He's played us as Mozart does the piano. It's because of me... I led to Rugal Bernstein being framed and spreading chaos to my User! I am no personal assistant! I am a Golden Apple aNd... AnD.... I... Do... noT... I... DOES. NOT. COMPUTE!"

Digital static tore at Dimitri's form and Vermilion realized what was happening. As Dimitri felt he failed his functions; he was trying to destroy and reconstruct himself into what he believed to be a better form of himself. The "New Dimitri" would be a different entity entirely; even if the base data was the same. Essentially, it was an AI's form of suicide.

Drop Group #2: Caim | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Teri looked at Lucifer in surprise, but realized this was indeed a dream, and decided to take it as such; "Tell me about it... I almost died two times today, and by the same man no less..."

To Teri's pleasant surprise, she could talk properly here... Yup, definitely a dream.

She buried her head in her knees, and her shoulders shook a little, "I'm so stupid."

"Why do you say that?"

"I trusted a man who could have easily cut my throat; I... I looked up to him when my heroes wanted nothing to do with me. All because he promised he wouldn't hurt me. How pathetic is that? Are you sure God wanted me to help save the world? Because I'm doing one shitty job at it."

"THEN A FOOL I WILL REMAIN!" Caim screamed through the PDA as he switched to Slaughterism and attacked back in one fluid motion. The green longsword's glow was a good contrast to the rest of Caim; light from the blade dancing as he swung it back and forth at the succubus.

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Jake | Ton Ton

"THEN A FOOL I WILL REMAIN!"

Angelus was torn from her reverie of watching the children when she heard that familiar voice scream through her mind. She had forgotten that she had set up the block between them. When she reached into their minds to remove it; she found that a similar one was erected by Caim in place of the one she had. She focused her mind for a moment, and then began tearing through the woods. If her fool of a human was in trouble, then she would be there to aid him. That was part of the deal, after all.

Dmitri's House: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

The realization of what her companion was planning forced A.I. Vermilion to act quickly. It was, after all, part of her programming to protect all members registered as Rising Dawn. If she failed at her task... the Master was not known to be kind towards his failed programming projects in the past... though she was his first foray into D.L. (Digital Life).

Vaulting over a chaise-lounge, she approached the block-like structure that used to be Dmitri as the reformatting of his programming was starting to affect his self-image algorithms.

new dmitri.hack.bat
Execute... A.I. to A.I. patch
load backup.dmitri into active memory
access root.dmitri.personality.core
halt.ai.suicide
halt.ai.reload
halt.ai.recode
verify halt of processes
exec code.inject -f backup.dmitri -t root.dmitri.personality.core

Looking at her companion A.I., she saw that she had only a few more CPU cycles left before it would be too late to save Dmitri, leaving her with yet another strange and potentially hostile A.I. This was not what she wanted. She wanted to keep him here... the same... not "better," not "shinier," not "new and improved."

>>compile dmitri.hack.bat
>>allocate.all_CPU_cycles -t compile
WARNING! Allocation command not recommended. De'rez of A.I. is pos-

"Can it! FORCE COMPILE!" The A.I. screamed as the room started coming down around them, Dmitri's formatting reaching the environmental render suite.

Compile Complete!

It was done... time to see if this would work... A.I. Vermilion reached into the digital storm where Dmitri once stood until her hand locked on something familiar... it was part of his uniform. She began pulling on it... until she saw the the A.I.'s familiar face, his eyes closed as he too had allocated all of his CPU cycles into reforming himself.

Here went nothing.

Pulling him towards her... A.I. Vermilion's lips touched the lips of A.I. Dmitri, the world falling down around them ... collapsing into digital dust.

Darkness enfolded the two... until the only thing heard was two heartbeats.

Lucifer looked at the child... for what more was she than a child compared to him... and barely hid his smile. Mankind... Womankind... it seemed like where ever he went, self doubt was in their nature. Even Junior had his bouts of self doubt when he fasted in the desert for 40 days and 40 nights. But in the end, he survived and he thrived despite it.

"Look kiddo." Lucifer started out, sounding rather paternal as he gestured towards the darkness as starlight began to cut through.

"She doesn't ask us to do what she knows that we're not able to do. You know that whole Omniscience thing that she's got... that means that she knows everything... and so she KNOWS that you've got IT... whatever you want to define IT as being." The Devil said looking towards the clear night sky... the first night of creation... before mankind came into being.

"Now then... your pride is hurt... I can see that. But then again... pride's the first thing that she tests isn't it? 'Pride before fall' isn't that what they say, kiddo? HECK! Isn't that what they charged me as being in that Good Ole Book? Being too prideful went to war against the Heavenly Host?" Pause for clearing of throat and wiping of dust from Lucifer's eyes.

"I'm going to reiterate what I told you when you started this path. She believes in YOU. It's never mattered whether or not you believe in her but she has faith in YOU. If she didn't... if she knew you couldn't hack this... she would have just sent you packin' straight on back to North Carolina where you'd be playin' video games or whatever. But instead... she's charged you with this. And as blasphemous as this might sound... but hey this is me you're talking to... Junior wasn't always the picture of confidence." Lucifer said as he remembered something in the past.

"This pep talk reminds me of that time in the desert... Teri... this is your desert... this whole ordeal with Rugal... this is your temptation to quit. Of course she gave you the free-will to quit. But ask yourself... when you're up there with Old Man Peter looking at you... do you know the question that he's going to ask you that'll hurt most of all?"

"It's not going to be... have you done anything to let your Lord God down... no kiddo... it's going to be have you ever done anything that's caused you to let yourself down. So don't make it so that you have to tell him yes... I watch those people passing through the gates every day... and they're some of the saddest I've ever seen."

To her credit, Ella did a masterful job blocking Caim's attack... though she was still not as skilled as the man. Another pass at each other... this time Caim sent Ella's weapon flying through the air. And as he moved to follow through... to shut the impudent Succubus up once and for all, she stood there... a smile on her face as she stood waiting for the stroke of his sword.

"Caim... I believe in us." She said standing there.

Cadobolg heard his father's outcry as well. Beating his wings in the air... he hurried to see if his father was in trouble and to see if there was anything that he could do to protect him.

"Mother... I'm behind you. I've got your back!"

Disasterchild:

[quote]

...Light... There was light. Heat. There was heat. Heat? Wasn't that bad for processors? That needed to be rectified right away. No.. The heat was in front of him... Him? Ah yes, 'him', the pronoun used for male entities; such as himself. Self? Yes, his name was Dimitri. Dimitri was.. "Me. I am Dimitri."

Opening his eyes, Dimitri noticed that the source of the heat was the fact that Vermilion had herself attached to him via oral contact; an impractical process of humans that should have no place with AI. However, he could not deny that the sensation; despite lacking several key anatomical parts necessary; such as hormones, to properly imitate how humans engaged with one another; it was... Nice. However, as much as Dimitri wanted to revel in the situation that was upon him, he also realized that he had not changed at all. His data was very much the same as it was before. Not a hair was out of place, and not a single book had moved from the shelves he used to collect all of his data. Everything was as it was.

It was after noticing all this, that Dimitri finally moved away from Vermilion's face, and with a questioning tone, he could only murmur, "Ms. Vermilion?" in wonder. She had stopped his reprogramming. But why? He was a flawed model.

Teri's face lifted ever so slightly, and she looked upon the face of the Prince of Lies. In that instant; a pit of shame filled her stomach. As much as she accused Rugal of being self centered, she too had been wrapped up in her own thoughts and feelings. She was no different than her accusations.

As she contemplated this, Lucifer noticed that the landscape of the area had changed; and lo! he had invoked the story well. There they were, sitting in a desert with several figures barely visible in the distance. One with a sword, another with long hair and the last in Red. Their backs were turned for the moment, save for the Red-clad one. Lucifer didn't even have to think about who it was that began to approach them. It stopped, and loomed overhead the duo as it cast a shadow over the girl.

She looked back up at the figure that stared her down, and asked, "A trial of confidence? That is fitting; as I have little of it to spare... Except for those few moments before I was charged. Looking back, that was incredibly stupid of me."

She laughed a bit, "Kind of like a BB gun versus a tank! Well, that's not my skillset; but it wouldn't hurt if I knew how to wield Sadei properly. Now trust me, Sir, I want to fix this; but I've no idea where to start. No doubt, Dimitri's set the files and he might be killed for all I know!"

Clutching herself a little closer; she said, "I just want us all to be friends again; even if we fight and snap at each other's throats every once in a while. Now, I have to ask, Sir... Is it bad that I even want that to happen, despite what circumstances have just come to pass?"

Caim's face, despite not moving an inch from it's normal scowl; showed so much more in his eyes. Confusion hide behind those eyes as the Succubus said those words, and could be heard when he asked, "What? There is nothing for you to believe in like that. I have told you multiple times already! I do not care what you say, my feelings will not change! Even as impossible as it seems, Angelus has never denied me; and that is reason enough to hope!"

"What?"

Caim turned in horror when he heard that voice, and realized that Angelus was standing right there; most likely the whole time he said all of that. Caim's face blanched upon realizing this, and began to back away slowly from both of the women.

The A.I. known as Vermilion regarded Dmitri with inquisitive eyes as she backed away from the other A.I. that resided in the library simulation with her.

"Greetings, Dmitri. I am A.I. Vermilion. I do not believe we have had the pleasure of meeting." She said, a familiar voice attached to a familiar face. Dmitri could only stare at her dumbfounded as she wandered over to her cloak and donned it, once again becoming an entity shroud within the darkness of her cloak.

"Error Log Found... log has been corrupted... deleting. The A.I. reported as she ran through a series of self diagnostic routines.

"Error: ai.vermilion.personality.core ... 45% corruption... repairing... repairing ... repairing"

Sacrifice... that's what she had done to herself to keep him the same... but why... why would she...

"Repairs complete. Rebooting."

There was a slight fizzle as the Vermilion A.I. completed a reboot... and after what seemed like an eternity... at least to a highly sophisticated A.I. like Dmitri...

"Dmitri? Are... are you okay?"

Apparently modular programming and having multiple backups was indeed a good thing...

Lucifer watched as the girl put herself through her own trials... yeah... she was going to need all the luck she could get... for now... all he could do was watch as she faced down each of them. However... he did leave her with a few words before he would allow her to face this trial... to which he would be witness.

"It's never bad to want something like that... even if it seems unrealistic right now. You can work towards that goal... and remember that you're not alone in this task." The Devil said as he stood up and took a few steps back.

"Alright Kiddo... this is your trial... you ace it"

Ella's world came crashing down around her when the Dragon revealed itself... she knew right away that whatever the False!Dragon and False!Rider's memories had told her was false. That there was obviously love between these two and no matter what she did... she would never break it.

But she what would she do... save face... save the team... if they were going to take over the world... was that even the goal of this team? She was so confused.

"Pardon me... ummm... I'll just be over there right now." The Succubus said as she started moving back towards the camp... only to be stopped by a mini-dragon and its lizard rider.

"I think you should stay, ma'am." Cadobolg hissed... making it apparent that he wouldn't take no for an answer.

The (Un)Real
Time: January 15th

Armageddon | Mark

Armageddon nodded his head and snorted at at Mark. The heat of his breath filled the small room. It was unfortunate that he could not communicate in this world with as much ease as he could in the previous one. To try and get the point across he placed the bottom of his head ontop of Mark's head and neighed, the black iron armor upon his skin rattled slightly.

---

Time: Night

Kyre | Puce | Kurumu

"Well," she said softly as Kurumu wiped the blood from her face, "are we going to be moving soon? I'm really starting to get... ah... stir crazy."

Akane led her Author on with a mixed look on her face. She was helping him, but it was so demeaning for him! "Jake, how can you stand being bound? And Blinded as well! Can't you do anything for him Aftan?" She asked.

For what it was worth, Jake displayed his utter lack of shame with regards to his dress and look by standing tall and proud. He looked really friggin creepy to be honest, a Blind Man walking with eyes closed and wearing a Shadow Collar that jingled with every damn step.
"Gabrielle, when I get my sight back, you are fair game. These bells are right FUCKING with me hearing. Thank the Gods someone SENSIBLE has the leash, cos I got no situational awareness right now.... And there is nothing to be done Akane, this is all in my mind."

"But you told me, you showed me that you're insane! I didn't think the insane could be broken!"

"Yeah, I thought that too, but part of me evidently missed the friggin' memo. Now, everyone shut up, I think I just heard Caim shouting."

The four crossed over the path and into an opening, standing on the edge of the fight going on between Caim and Ella. The three girls stopped, but Jake did not. His strong steps tugged the leash out of Akane's hand as she gasped and took in the situation. Jake stopped after a few more steps, noticing the lack of tension.

He was right between Caim and Ella.

"Oh fuck me. Alright, everybody stop moving so I can get me bearings when these damnable bells stop jingling. Or someone come get me. As long as I ain't standing in a minefield or some shit. Oh bugger, I am aren't I?"

Dimitri slowly walked to Vermilion's side, his approach making it seem as if he was afraid she was going to disappear or shatter into a million pieces. Taking her hands softly in his gloved ones, he looked her over and gave a sigh of relief; "Everything is accounted for... As for myself... I am as I was."

His brow furrowed, "But you were almost lost, Ms. Vermilion. Why did you do that? I was re-configuring to a better model; one with less errors and malfunctions. One that could better imitate human life than before! Why did you stop that? I could have made myself a better aid for the Madam..."

After Lucifer disappeared in her mind, Teri found that the desert and the darkness faded away as well, leaving her in nothing. She had slipped into a dreamless slumber; finally. One without torments or terrors to attack her mind. As for her body, that would be another matter....

The once serious atmosphere had been broken as soon as Jake walked in bearing his "regalia" for the gathered group members. Surpressing a laugh; Caim waved his hand, and allowed for Ella to leave the increasingly awkward scene. After she did so, Angelus approached and in their shared mind, asked, "You still haven't answered me. What was all that I just heard you say? Come now, no one can hear us."

Caim fidgeted a little in his spot, and reached a hand for her shoulder, "They say actions speak louder than words... And I'm not entirely good with words. Would it be alright if-"

"By all means..."

Caim gave a cocky smirk at the interruption, and slowly leaned towards Angelus' face, the hand that rested on her shoulder moving to cup her cheek instead, blue staring directly into red as he approached. The dragon did not move as she felt breath on her face; ignoring any scents that threatened to overload her sharp sense of smell as his li-

"Hello? Where the hell is everyone? Why's it so quiet?"

The approach halted, and with an exasperated sigh, Caim's forehead lightly tapped Angelus' instead of the original plan he had in mind. However, the smile on the dragon's face was more than enough for him, especially when her voice that entered his mind; "Understood... But, perhaps this can be discussed a little later with fewer distractions?"

The lightest of grunts escaped Caim as the two broke away, and Caim tapped his wayward student on the shoulder, "Boy, what the hell are you wearing?"

To the side, Cadolbolg and Ton Ton watched the whole spectacle with equal parts surprise and joy.

Jake turned to the sound of Caim's voice, and his voice elicted surprise. "Fucked if I know Sir, a collar that fuckin' jingles every step I take and a leash so I can be led. I'm still blinded, Angelus can fill you in, basically Fire therapy gone wrong after a Shadowy fight. Didn't realise we were right on top of you, figured one of my 'companions' would stop me getting into any trouble, but here I am."

Akane ran up to him and grabbed the leash dangling loosely and giving it a good tug. "Come on Jake, we should really get you set up in a tent for the night! Sorry Caim, Angelus!" she said in a rush, not exactly stupid. She grabbed Gabrielle and Aftan on the way through, dragging the Shadow Knight as Aftan followed with the slightest of smirks on her face.

"No protesting I'll explain when we get there and HAVE SOME DINNER!" the Kitsune said loudly as they left the Pact Partners alone and entered the camp.

"I already know Akane, heh heh heh... I wonder what Teri will think of when they break the news?

Dimension: The (Un)Real World

Time: Morning | January 13th, 2013

A.I. Vermilion | Armageddon | Mark

"I don't speak horse you know... not even Philly or Shetland Pony." The Writer joked as he accessed the environmental variables for the Writer's Beach.

>>set location.writers_beach.Realistic_ Realm 0
confirmed... removing Realistic Realm Properties
-Hyper Physics Enabled
-Magic Enabled
-Unlimited Ammo Enabled
-Super Happy Fun Time Enabled
-Gibs Enabled
-50 Pints of Blood Enabled
-Hangovers Disabled

Turning around and taking a seat on an overstuffed chair, he saw Armgeddon... no longer the warhorse but rather in the form he had taken before he destroyed the Rosario + Vampire Canon-verse. In front of the chair was a glass coffee table, upon which had been laid some apples, a bowl of trail mix, water and a bottle of tequila.

"So... if memory serves me... you want to know about Non-Canon Kurumu and her family so that you can understand what Kyre's fascination is with her." The Dramatist said as he leaned back against the cushions getting a bit more comfortable... this was going to be a story.

"So let's start where all good stories start... at the end. Let's just say that in the time map that I have laid out for Kurumu, she's got a kid named Jac, named after her and Puce's friend from the Enclave... Fallout Jack. Jac was actually recently born in the world of Anime Highschool... in a little town called Domino. Anyways... that's a bit of a digression." Mark paused to pour himself and Armageddon a shot of the Tequila.

"Ella... or Alashi Rockwell... born to Agehea Kurono and Lucifer... who was at the time going under the assumed name of Lucius Rockwell. Kurumu's half sister through her mother, she's her mother's pride and joy. She excels at the seductive arts... at least on paper... and has the motivation to do well as a Succubus. She's got a bit of a Daddy issue since Lucifer was never around. She and Agehea used to gang up on poor Kurumu for not being Succubus enough. Seems that Kurumu never really had a thing for wooing men and stealing their souls. She was more or less determined to find her Mate of Fate from the get go... something totally frowned upon by proper Succubus/Incubus society. It wasn't until Yokai that she tried to get the whole school to like her... until Tsukune came along." Shot!

"Now... we both know what happened in Yokai Academy... weekly monster battles... yadda yadda yadda... oh and thanks for Gender Bending the anime... but outside of the Anime, in the Manga, there's a group of Yokai known as Fairy Tale. They're a bunch of monsters who are against what Yokai stands for, which is peaceful coexistence between monsters and humans. Let's just say a little Red-Haired vampire was tricked into allowing her white haired big sister and her Ghoul boyfriend into getting captured... the result is that Yokai Academy was left rather defenseless. Big battle ensued... Yokai was razed and many... MANY Yokai were either killed or sided with Fairy Tale." GULP!

"Kurumu was one of the Yokai that got away, though she was hounded by a certain trio of stalkers. Crossing the ocean to Mainland Asia, she was able to lose them... but instead found herself outside of a certain village in the mountains of Vietnam. A village that was about to get turned into a pile of kindling by one M. Bison, a former resident of said village. Let's skip ahead since we know what happens after that... soul ripped out of her body.. stuffed into a doll... spends three years in Hanoi scraping by until they scrape enough money to get to Japan. This is where they meet up with the Rising Dawn." SHOT! GAG!

"I'm going to assume you're wondering why Kurumu treats Kyre the way she does. Well she's at that time in her life where she wants kids. She sees Kyre and Melethia as surrogate children until she can get one of her own. I'm also assuming that Kyre isn't going to take this very well..."

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

Kurumu looked down at Kyre and nodded. Perhaps it was time for them to get a move on.

"Puce, any word from Tajuh about when we're going to start moving into the Temple?" She asked as he helped her to her feet like a gentleman would.

"We're still waiting for Kud, Riki, Elena, David, Slindis and Saya to show up, especially since Kud or Riki seem to be a key element in all of this." Puce reported before getting a bit of a mischievous look in his eyes when he saw the tents that Tajuh had set up and started leading Kurumu towards one of the empty ones, the furthest away from the center of the encampment.

"Kyre... why don't you go get some rest... Kurumu and I are awfully tired as well... we'll see you in the morning... okay?" Puce said as he opened the tent flap for Kuru before entering it himself and zipping it closed, leaving the world outside of their realm of concerns for at least an hour or two.

"Oh fuck me. Alright, everybody stop moving so I can get me bearings when these damnable bells stop jingling. Or someone come get me. As long as I ain't standing in a minefield or some shit. Oh bugger, I am aren't I?"

"Uhhhh... no... I think we've just put ourselves in awkward central." Gabrielle said as she tried to beat a hasty retreat into the confines of Akane's tails.

"Grab me when it's over." The Shadow Knight commented as she covered herself up in order to remain hidden.

"It does appear that we have put ourselves in a bit of an awkward position, as Gabrielle stated. Caim, Angelus, Ella, Cadolbolg and Ton Ton are here... though it looks as though this tension started before we arrived." Aftan said, outlining the scene for the blinded pilot.

Mark shook out his left hand, it having felt quite numb since logging out of Melethia's mind and finally picked himself up from where he had been sitting, the little elf that he had tried to assist having not budged an inch since he had last seen her.

"Vermi... could you please locate Teri for me? Use Dmitri's location if needed" The Writer ordered as he looked around, seeing Caim, Angelus, Cadolbolg, Ton Ton, Aftan, Akane, Jake and Ella in the distance.

"That looks like an awkward moment." Mark muttered as A.I. Vermilion finally outputted her findings with a big arrow on a map overlay of the area.

"Thanks." He said as he started following the directions towards Teri's location and the location of the Tablet.

"Vermilion... can you hack into the e-mail server that Dmitri used to mass e-mail everyone and remove all traces of the e-mail?" The Dramatist inquired as he closed in on Teri's location.

"Negative. Further, it is this A.I.'s belief that Ms. Gravel handle the situation before it escalates."

Ugh!

Finally Mark reached the location on the map that indicated Teri's location and found her asleep on the ground.

"Teri? Teri? Are you okay?" Mark asked as he shook Teri a bit but receive no response. A brief thought of entering her subconscious passed his mind but remembering what a pain Melethia's had been, he discarded the idea and simply sat down until Teri woke up.

"She'll be fine... she just needs to get over it this little hiccup with Rugal." A voice said behind Mark, the Writer knowing exactly who the voice belonged to without even having to turn around.

"I take it you've made sure of that..." He said, turning around and meeting Lucifer's eyes.

"Don't trust me, huh? Not even after I saved Elena for you?" The Devil asked as looked around at the environment.

"How cliche. Well... you let our friend know that whenever she needs something... all she's gotta do is pray."

Cadolbolg did indeed look watch the outcome of the event with joy. He had never seen his parents come so close to showing affection it was maddening to see it halted by Writer Jake. Landing behind the chained writer, Cadolbolg puffed a small ball of fire, heating Jake's ass but not singing it... punishment for his lack of senses.

"Mother... Father... I am glad that this revelation has come between you two. I hope that I do not spoil it when I tell Father about the fate that I now share with Ton Ton." Cadolbolg's words formed in both his parents' minds, much to Caim's surprise.

"I've created a pact with Ton Ton"

For Ella's part... she ran... she ran as fast as she could... away from the embarrassing spectacle that she had made of herself... away from Caim... his lover Angelus... and it wasn't until she reached the edge of the camp that she stopped... and heard...

"Kurumu..." She hissed as she heard her half sister in a tent with her human lover.

"She's probably laughing at me right now... but I'll show her... I'll..." There was a pause as she found herself grinding her teeth together.

"Who am I kidding? I might as well have joined a convent at this rate? Why is it that the men that I always go after are emotionally unavailable or not-single."

I'll tell you why... Daddy issues...

Never the less, the Succubus found herself with nothing to do other than sit alone in the darkness next to a log and an.

"elf? Hey... you... are you okay?" Ella asked as she shook Melethia's unconscious form.

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

A.I. Vermilion could only smile as she felt Dmitri's gloved hand encircling her own... it felt... comforting.

"I'm sorry to have done that to you Dmitri but I had to let you know that you weren't broken... that you were fine as you are now. Like we discussed earlier... you are how your Mistress Programmed you and while you might think that you're flawed, who are we to second guess our makers?" The A.I. asked as she brought Dmitri over to the Chaise Lounge that she had vaulted over earlier in her attempt to save her companion A.I.

"Besides... if we are to face Viscus once again, I need someone that I can trust to be my partner when that time comes. I trust you... you have already proven yourself when we got away from him. I don't want to place my trust in anyone else." She said as she sat down, doffing the cloak that she had put on earlier.

"Do you trust me? Trust that I did the right thing for the both of us?"

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

Ella shook the girl to find that she wasn't moving outside of the bare minimum to keep alive, and from the way her tunic had two large holes in it, she could see that the young girl had recently avoided a brush with death. The feelings were nonexistent from the girl, much like any person she'd seen that put themselves into a coma.

How seemingly nobody in this camp had noticed this in the entire camp was surprising, especially since she was the youngest person there by far. Unfortunately, since Caim hadn't dealt with her at all, the Not!Caim that had absorbed her couldn't give Ella the girl's name.

bluecrimson:
Let's try this again?

Ella, concerned that a girl would be left alone by the rest of the camp, or maybe perhaps there was the fact that she was Lucifer's kid that made her concerned over the girl's state, looked about and saw that everyone else was occupied.

"Hey! Kid! Are you okay in there?" She said verbally and once again received no response for her troubles.

Gingerly, she extended her tail and let it lay on the Girl's head... and started speaking... not entering her dreams but attempted some sort of communication.

"He...hello? Is anyone in there?" She asked through her tail, the words forming in whatever part of Melethia's brain that would have been conscious.

"I hope you don't mind me talking to you..." she added as she waited to see if there was a response.

She heard a young girl's voice echo through her head. "leave me alone. it's safer in here." It was pretty easy to guess it was the elf's voice, and it was tinged with a deep sadness. Even at this base level of contact with the girl, she could feel that her mind was filled with dangerous thoughts that would quickly overwhelm the unprepared. If Ella was going to try something, she knew she'd have to be ready, and she felt the stench of her father's interference in the girl's head as well.

What kind of girl was this child to get more attention from Lucifer than she had gotten herself?

"Jeez... aren't you a little young for my dad? What in the hell did he do to you?" Ella asked rhetorically as she looked the girl over and noted that she had in fact been very recently stabbed in the guts by what looked like a pair of blades.

"Is that what's got you all up in a bind? Someone stabbed you? Well kid... I just had my heart ripped out... and you don't see me hiding... so why don't you come on out... unless... you'd like some company? Maybe we have have some tea... or something stronger if you're into that sort of thing." The Succubus added, trying to sound as friendly as possible. The way her day was going, she could use a shoulder... even the shoulder of a girl in a coma.

"So... what do you say... can I come in?"

Caim covered his face with a hand to hide the blood rushing to his cheeks when the rest of the group began to tease about seeing what they had seen. Angelus responded by lightly patting the warrior on the back. Even if he was brusque and somewhat antisocial; the man still had his pride. That was when Cadolbolg broke the news to his father about the pact they made. His eyes widened in shock, and Angelus 'sent' Caim the equivalent of the Cliff Notes version of that conversation so he could have the full context of Cadolbolg's reasoning for the pact, his expression softened and he patted the baby dragon; "Your concerns are appreciated, son; but do warn us before you go doing something else drastic? Next thing I know, you and your pact partner will want matching tattoos, or get married in Vegas... That is the city, right? Anyway... I'll trust you're decisions, Cadolbolg, I only hope that you do not come to regret your pact; be it because you dislike the price or because of any other reason. Now, enough of serious talk. Food is a good thing to focus upon at the moment."

"Do you trust me? Trust that I did the right thing for the both of us?"[/quote]

Dimitri nodded softly and gripped Vermilion's hands firmly but without causing pain, "I agree. If there is one thing that is truly in the fault, it is Viscus. After all, he started this horrible ball rolling; and it has been gaining momentum ever since."

Looking into her eyes, she saw that the despair that had filled them before was replaced by determination, "I believe we CAN defeat him, Ms. Vermilion. I will aid you in whatever way I can; I promise."

"why should i let someone in if they'll hurt me again?" Even with the mind link, Ella could barely feel any emotions from the girl save a small amount of sadness. Whoever this girl is, something had happened to her to make her not ay contact with the outside world again. She didn't seem angry at the succubus, though.

If Gabrielle had been able to hear Caim mention the word food, she would have perked out of Akane's tails and hunted down the camp's food supply without so much as a word... however... in this case, she was fast asleep in Akane's tails.

"Akane... perhaps we should get our beloved Gabrielle to bed... Master Jake will most likely be requiring rest as well given his current... predicament." Aftan said as she started leading the quartet into the camp, seeing that except for a few hotspots, it was mostly quiet.

Seeing Gabrielle off into a bed roll and parting ways with Master Jake for a moment, Aftan turned to Akane.

"Perhaps I am being paranoid but does it seem that Master Jake and Gabrielle have become closer when we were not looking?" The White Knight inquired.

For Cadolbolg part, he didn't quite feel like eating... at least that's what he thought... he had started feeling pangs of hunger when food was mentioned, though he didn't exactly know what it was.

"Mom, Dad... I... don't feel so good. My stomach kind of hurts... not like a stab wound of anything but like someone has beat it was a stick over and over again." The little dragon said as he hovered in front of them... rubbing his little baby dragon tummy.

"I think that Aftan healed me... when I crash landed after Ton Ton and I made the pact... but it didn't hurt until food was mentioned. I think I might be sick...." Cadolbolg said, his tongue slightly lolling to the side as if he did feel like he was coming down with something.

If you thought being parents to an immortal metallic turtle was difficult... you ain't seen nothing yet.

Ella frowned as she listened to the little elf's response regarding letting her into her dreams.

"Bah... people always hurt each other... that's kind of the way the world works you know? I mean when I first got here... my sister... oh sorry half sister Kurumu decked me... why? She says it's because I was mean to her when I was a kid... I think it's because my dad happens to be Lucifer." The Succubus said, trying not to sound like she was bragging.

"But... that's kinda besides the point... I promise... I promise... I promise that I won't hurt you. See? I promised three times... I'll tell you something about us daemons... if we promise something three times, we have to follow through with it or we get punished. That's what the rules say... if you wake up, I can show you the rule book." There was an internal laugh when she said this... it was strange that the Elf didn't realize that she was just a s vulnerable out there as she was in here.

"Can I at least move your body to a tent or something?"

The Vermilion A.I. nodded with a smile, happy to at least have someone that would share her fate if they failed against Viscus.

"With your messages having been sent out to all the e-mail accounts of the Rising Dawn crew. Perhaps we should work to counter the damage done. First and foremost... we should inform your mistress of Viscus' scheme."

The girl's voice seemed disappointed at the mention of family. "family's nothing but a knife waiting to stab someone in the back. why should one even bother? and just because you won't hurt me doesn't mean you won't give me to a kinslayer that will..."

Upon the mention of moving her body, the voice seemed to not care. "why does it matter? no matter what's going on outside, i won't feel it here..." Something big had happened to shatter the girl's view on the world, and it was hard to tell what type of person she was before this.

Akane nodded slowly. "She did shout about giving him a speech in the Shadow Realm, and he says he was having therapy because he broke. If you put two and two together, she saved him, but I'm guessing at cost to herself. Do you know of anything that she would use to pep him up, bring him out of his melancholy? I mean, he's just a human, barely even a man. He spent so much time training on the airship... I don't know Aftan. But I trust Gabs, and Kokoa. I trust them. She will tell us when it's time. I highly doubt Jake is trying anything. I don't feel any happiness about women from him, more bitterness. I can feel his protective love, I think that's how you say it?"

Meanwhile, Jake stood at parade rest outside the tent Gabs was sleeping in. He still wasn't sure what he was doing there, but when the two ladies returned he was going to request a tent of his own, to allow them their privacy. "I've gotten too close to them already. Too close to everyone here. But still, it's nice to call people friends again..." he mused silently, his vacant eyes looking out upon the campsite, both pointing in different directions. Astigmatism sucks, but when you are blind, it doesn't matter so much.

Fine... the kid was broken... what's new with the world. People break... families break... whatever.

"I'm Ella by the way... maybe whenever you feel like it you could tell me your name?" The Succubus said as she stretched to get in a more comfortable position. While it wasn't normally her role to play therapist to people... least of all mortals... at least there was someone that was willing to give her as much a chance as anyone else.

"Also... I don't even know what a kinslayer is... besides the obvious meaning of the word... a slayer of family. Pfft... family... I could tell you stories about my family all day that I bet would put yours to shame kiddo. But I'll spare you the rhetoric. All I can tell you is that I'm just looking for someone to talk to since I got my heart ripped outta me... not 10 minutes ago... can you believe it? A human resisted ... oh... nevermind you can't see what I look like because you're asleep." Ella said disappointed at her current predicament.

"So... care to tell me what happened that was so bad that you've decided to lock yourself inside your body? I'd rather not talk to the other people."

Aftan looked over at the tent where Kokoa/Gabrielle was sleeping, where Jake was standing guard, his collar making him look like somewhat of a guard dog in a way before turning back to Akane.

"There is still a lot that I do not know about Kokoa. At least when I thought that she was Gabrielle, there was a beginning middle and end to our history together but with Kokoa added... I do not know... it feels as if she fooled us for a while. It was something that I tried to ignore for a while and ever since she started up with chasing Master Mark at the beach for his blood, I feel that slowly but surely the person that we knew is dead and has been replaced by something like her but not her. I know it sounds harsh and cruel... I know it sounds like I do not love Gabrielle but I do." The White Knight said as she tried to convince herself of this fact.

"I am blathering... perhaps the recent events with out false selves has made me too paranoid for my own good. I know that we all love each other... I just hope that we are not losing our little Shadow Knight because she has been someone else this whole time."

*SLAP*

Akane looked at Aftan with tears in her eyes. "How could you say such things? I've changed since we fell in love, you've changed even more! How could you? We're family! We love and we adapt... We're family. We won't lose her unless we push her away ourselves... Or hurt her. Did we ever offer ourselves to her for blood to keep her alive? Mark and Jake did it with no hesitation! We never did..."

The Kitsune launched herself at Aftan, hugging her tightly and crying into her chest. "Come on my love, let's go to bed and hug her. I don't wanna let go after today..."

She perked up if only slightly. "i've got a name, but it doesn't matter much... and try me, miss. i'll see if I can show you this way, because i don't wanna say it."

Ella was hit with a wave of information A young girl around many other elves, panic as other elves go to slaughter the family piecemeal as they run across a forested country, being attacked by dozens of those elves as the scene shifts to a ruined temple in a jungle.

Another wave of information brings the girl being tended to by a dark blue skinned elf for days in the jungle, moving to a small hall and being enclosed in there, the girl finding how to get out and working her way to a island filled with pirates and overcoming many challenges there. Ella had a chance to take a breath as the girl moved her way through an area filled with intelligent undead and was called by what Ella could see was a military force after seeing her work through the issue, beating back another style of pirates in a heavily fortified island using an underwater passage to ambush the leader, taking out the pirates at a place called the Sentinels tower and blowing up an airship.

Now came the final wave of information. Her going to an island that was supposed to have some good challenges and getting captured by vampires and a long time being trapped in a cell with no escape, and being tortured to near-death multiple times as a lich that the girl identifies as family walks in and months of being on a pirate ship with someone called Mr. Cage, a friend from that pirate island. A blond haired man appearing on one of those ships and eventually leaves with the girl, forces her to remember the incident that caused her to leave her home, and finally getting horribly stabbed by the dark-blue elf when she thought she was going to be taken somewhere safe.

A few moments passed as Ella realized that the blond man was Lucifer and the memories from Not!Caim told her that the blue elf was called Slindis.

The slap that Akane delivered was stinging but no more than Aftan deserved to have been rattled out of her train of thought. With a nod, she followed Akane to the tent where Gabrielle was already slumbering.

"Good night Master Jake." Aftan said as she passed the blind man and followed Akane into the tent.

"Now that was a bit strange. Daddy being there are all... taking this girl some place safe. Why would Daddy do such a thing? Wasn't he supposed to be the embodiment of evil?" Ella thought to herself as she reexamined the images in her head moment by moment. None of the images that Ella had seen, having been raised in the Pit, had particularly shocked her, though she did understand why the kid was acting the way she did. It did make sense though what exactly it was that this child must have seen.

"So... who was that blue lady... Slindis? was it? What's she to you? She did seem to put you in this predicament, though I bet you that you'd say I was lying if I told you that it probably wasn't her." The Succubus said as she thought about what had happened. The more she thought about things the more they made sense... whoever this blue skinned elf was must have been one of the clones that she and the others had faced... the ones that looked like the crew here but seemed to have different thoughts and lives altogether.

"In fact I bet you anything that it wasn't her that stabbed you and put you in this state. If I can prove it, you let me in and we'll have some tea or something... if I can't prove it... how about I leave you alone?" Ella said as she proceeded to show the girl her memories of the showdown between Not!Caim... the rattling of the chain as it wrapped around the fake's legs and the sensation that she felt when she drank his soul and took it into hers...

She then showed the girl the embarrassment that she had made of herself with Caim not a few moments ago... the way that she had thrown herself at him... the way the others had burst on the scene and made a fool out of her... it was embarrassing enough that Ella had to wipe away a few hot tears... luckily unseen by the unconscious girl.

"So... how do you explain the fact that I killed a man... and then threw myself at him later... unless they were two different people?"

"Good night Master Jake." Aftan said as she passed the blind man and followed Akane into the tent.[/quote]

"Good night Akane, good night Aftan." Jake replied as he began to walk off, only to stop after a few steps. He was still blind. "One of these fuckin' days, I'm gonna fuckin' retire and not have to deal with any of this crap, just tend to tha cattle..." He muttered as he unclipped his sword from his belt, using the sheathed weapon as an impromptu sight cane. He made it outside the few tents that had bee set up before he tripped over the trailing leash that was still attached to the softly jingling collar.

"Ow fuck. Gods dammit... Well, it's all my own fault I suppose. *sigh*, just gonna find meself a nice tree and snooze there I suppose..." He said softly to no-one. Wrapping up the leash around his neck as a very poor fashion yet surprisingly warm scarf, he got back to his feet and navigated back to the treeline, away from the sounds of everybody. He kept walking for a bit until his sword went *THUNK* on a tree trunk. Jake wandered around the tree, nodding in satisfaction at it when he found two of it's roots provided a perfect sleeping spot. He sat down in it, stretching himself and finding a comfortable spot. He reached into his bum pack on his webbing belt and pulled out a floppy army hat and put it on, pulled way forward and covering his eyes. The sword by his side, he cradled his rifle in an uncomfortable looking yet comfortable position and he nodded off to sleep sitting against the big tree. If you weren't looking for him, you wouldn't see him, his long sleeve camouflage uniform making him blend into the underbrush and the tree itself.

Little did he know he was sleeping just a few trees from the other Authors, Devon and Teri.

Disasterchild:

[quote]

The girl lets up for a moment then lowers the defenses. "...come in, miss." Ella went into the girl's mind to see an ancient but well-kept room with tiles all over four raised sections of the room, creating an elaborate puzzle. The young girl could be seen in one corner of the room, moving some of the tiles around to get a blue beam of light to connect to some point. Ella could see that the girl had marked a few tiles with an X, clearly showing that they shouldn't be connected to the source.

"Hi, miss." She spoke up with an unusual lack of energy, especially from what a few glimpses of those memories had shown. After a bit, she sat on one of the catwalks, seeming disappointed that she couldn't get the puzzle.

Ella looked about for a moment and admired the handiwork of the room and waved in a friendly manner towards the little girl who was sitting melancholic on the catwalk. A few flaps of her bat like wings and Melethia found herself looking into the red eyes of Ella.

"Nice to meet you face to face... in a manner of speaking." Ella said as she vaulted over the railing of the can walk and sat down next to the elf.

"Also... nice place you have here... It sort of reminds me of the Temple of Solomon. Lots of puzzles there... but those were to keep the Templar Knights inside the Temple." The Succubus said with a smirk as she remembered the way that her and ... had set it up as sort of a practical joke... those Knights were bound for Hell anyways... might as well have helped them on their way.

"So... looks like you're having a bit of a time with this..." Ella said as she examined the room, noting the angels of the room.

"I could help you if you want... seems like you'd rather get this done than talk... and then if I help you... maybe we can chat... what do you think about that?"

Disasterchild:

[quote]

She nods and starts moving some of the tiles again. "The marked ones are trapped. Avoid them." From the looks of things, she'd spent a large amount of time in here without breaking the challenge. It would take some thinking outside the box to get this done, but she seemed stuck in an endless loop.

If Ella could break the girl out of her mood, it may help the progress.

David West
David and Slin managed to bring Kud and Riki to safety as Elena called to pull out.
"Negative, We've already punched a massive hole in their numbers and once they're gone, we can secure this area for when we enter the Temple, prevent a Angel ambush. Riki, Kud, Take cover in the trees and stay put, this is almost over.
Slin, Keep that fog up, keep them confused and immobile, Elena, Grid of portals alongside the fogged area, One man firing squad set up, you know what I mean. Time to clean up people." He ordered before he switched to Flame rounds.

The idea was Elena would set up a kill zone with portals, shooting Left to Right would result in the bullets passing though the enemy before entering a portal that would send them Top to Bottom, rinse, repeat until they were all downed.

Rugal
Rugal was extremely crushed by his latest defeat, First Rose and lily defeating him in combat, then Viscus out-thinking him on a scale he was only beginning to understand.
He walked past the rest of the group, looking over his shoulder as he did, wondering who would be the first to try their luck.
Before now, he could see himself beating every single one of them, but now his ego was MASSIVELY de-flated.
Stopping only to grab the wine bottle from the supply drop, he wandered around in thought, wondering how to get back at Viscus, unless he got back to the ship, his Vocal safeguards wouldn't work and it wasn't as if he could ask to borrow a phone or PDA.

Then he went past Melethia with some compete stranger he hadn't seen before (Ella) doing something to her.
"You!....What are you doing!?" He asked, his protective side coming up briefly.

"You!....What are you doing!?"

The roughness of the stranger's voice caused Ella to lose her focus for a moment as she opened her eyes and looked directly at the man that was approaching her.

"What's it look like? I'm taking care of the unconscious kid that you and everyone else in this camp has managed to ignore? Now... scuse me." She snapped before she went back into Melethia's mind.

From Melethia's standpoint, her new companion seemed to blink out of existence for a moment before blinking back into existence, however when she returned, she had a rather annoyed look on her face.

"Sorry... some asshole." She commented before she returned her attention to the puzzle. The angle of the catwalks made the puzzle look ... very confusing... and it seemed that perhaps that might be the issue. However... while Ella could get to a new vantage point, the Elf kid was the one who had been spending all this time on the puzzle and would know how best to get it solved.

"Hey... I've got an idea. How about I lift you up and maybe you can take a look at the puzzle from a bird's eye view... maybe give you a different perspective on how to solve this thing?" The Succubus said as she allowed her wings to unfurl.

Elena nodded as she started setting up the portal array with David's instructions in mind. Left to Right... Top to Bottom.

"Roger that. Portals are up." Elena said as she unslung her Tavor Assault Rifle and started unloading it on the hapless villagers who were unprepared for an assault that came from... EVERYWHERE.

"It's working!" She cheered as she noticed that a majority of the War Dancers had been taken out.

Melethia was flown up by the succubus and looked around the room from all angles. "Hmm, this'll be tough." After slipping out of Ella's grasp, she began moving the tiles around while showing Ella a bit on how she could help. The succubus could see how the girl had issues with this room, but it seemed that they would have to light up certain tiles in each corner of the room while avoiding the ones the girl had marked off with an X. She'd already cordoned those ones off, so unless one of them made a path through one of the tiles, they should be safe.

Slindis focused on keeping that fog up while ensuring Riki didn't try to do anything stupid like charge into the killing zone.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 . . . 875 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here