The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 . . . 830 NEXT

bluecrimson:

Team Shaun

Dillon shook his head his Id was clouding his better judgement, Devon's more calming voice being respectful as opposed to the how the others arrogantly dismissed and rejected him was helping Dillon get a grip on his reality.
"So basically what you want is his good half and dark half to mix so they'd become like me."
Devon looked at him.
"I'm having a pretty bad day, the stress is really piling up plus I can sense the hostilities of what's supposed to be my allies, it's making me really agitated with a short temper. That's partially why I freaked out I got some more bad news.

But my point is dark Shaun was fighting my id we were both the dark halves of a soul, but mine's internal and I have to learn to accept that dark side as a part of me. You want us to get those two half's together."
Dillon held his pounding head, he counted three Elites left.
"If that jackass hadn't given me such a headache this wouldn't be such a problem." he admitted

Team Shaun

Melethia waved a thanks to Teri as the brawl continued, as the Dragon keeping the heat off her made the fighting much easier. "Thanks, Miss Angie! Ya really saved my butt there." She moved over to help Devon out, as she could see that he wasn't in any real condition to fight.

Devon smiled as he saw the young girl backing him up and realized that she didn't know who he was to her. He needed to talk to her after this was all said and done, but he proceeded to sing a rallying song to get the group going.

Devon Inspired Greatness in the group! The song gives a +2 competence bonus to attack rolls, a +1 competence bonus to Fortitude saves, and 20 temporary hit points to his group. Duration: 4 minutes before boosts.

Team Dark Tomoya

Slindis Took a moment more to read Tomoya's actions while Tajuh coordinated with Caim, balancing out the Silent Swordsman's practiced and refined rage tempered with years of experience with his own long amount of combat experience and collected precision, and Caim could see in the way that Tajuh fought that he clearly respected Caim's expertise with the blade.

Team Shaun

On the other side of the core of the Blackhawke was Team Shaun. Before the battle Shaun had a large grin in his mind, but his body did not allow him to give any emotion except rage and anger. The Dark Shaun took these emotions away with him deciding that Shaun was too cowardly to use them and locked them away in his heart. Though now Shaun only wanted to take them back and save his friends, he only wanted to kill himself.

Though the problem is ... one cannot kill another part of themselves.

In the middle of the battle, Shaun could only stand at the back of the room.
His brain didn't know what to do. He knew no magic or had no combat knowledge or technique except the fact that he had swung a fake katana a few times and had confidence in his fists.

Running passed most of everyone in a flash, Shaun picked up a sword and gun which laid on a dead elite.
Everyone could know it was him from his weird glowing body.
One elite stood in his way, but it was no more in a second because of Dillon, though the area was replaced by one of the others.

Shaun stood before his other self, which wielded the fake Dark Excalibur which was not real.
"You came ... finally" His younger but dark self said.
Gripping the sword and gun tightly he knew that his other self had the same kills as him, no experience in swords and little experience in guns.

Striking forward his other side easily blocked. "Do you really- He was saying but had to dodge a bullet from Shaun too.
"Those skills are fake ... because ... because, YOU ARE NOT-" He was about to say the magic words which everyone who had played Persona 4 or watched it should know.

Team Tomoya

Whilst most of the group battled the raging but yet descending former Archangel, the two young adults known as Riki and Kud were at the back of the room with a single book open. This book was something Michael gave them when they were on their way to the Blackhawke. This one book was called "Libro de Lumine (Book of light)" and it was a guide for the Stone of Light, Michael managed to pinch it from the last Archangel of Lightning's library.

Kud held another book close to her but that was for her own profession.
The book was wide open and the two were searching it frantically to find out what they can do to help the real Tomoya, the one which dwells inside of that thing known as Dark Tomoya.

"Light bullet ..." Riki said quietly and looked to one of his guns named as "Light Seeker". He nodded to himself and the two began to do the instructions to make this weapon and hopefully do something to help.

Dark Tomoya in the meantime was on the defensive but managed to spot the two kids at the back of the room.
Remembering the book instantly he aimed his gun towards them and fired, but for it to only hit a solid metal armor. Storm knew he didn't belong in the other group and he also wanted to save his best friend which also resides inside the body of that Dark being.

Pulling out his dual guns, Storm spend his time shooting out the dark tentacles and blocking his bullets which made few large impacts on his body, but the spartan did not care.

"All I need is blood, give ME blood!" Tomoya yelled as he lightning lashed out towards everyone but also worked together with the testicles.

The Best Autocorrect Ever MUST be saved for eternity or Tomoya's got BALLS OF STEEL:
"All I need is blood, give ME blood!" Tomoya yelled as he lightning lashed out towards everyone but also worked together with the testicles.

Team Shaun

Devon shotued at Shaun immediately when he heard what the Australian was about to say. "Just accept him! It's going to save a lot of time in the long run!"

Meanwhile, Melethia prepared herself for the fight that was coming.

Team Dark Tomoya

Slindis was grazed a few times by the lightning blasts as she moved around the tentacles, but the buffs earlier did much to mitigate a large deal of the damage as she delivered punishing chops to them which were felt due to her Handwraps keying in on their vulnerabilities. Small jolts of electricity helped relieve some of the damage, but due to the shifting nature, Tomoya was unable to drain her Wraps of their power.

NEVAH FORGET Tomoya's Balls of Steel... How he never shocked himself, I've no idea.

Team Shaun

Teri's eyes widened in panic when she heard what Shaun was about to say; given that she experienced a Shadow of her own not too long ago, with her Tablet screaming as loud as it's speakers could handle, she cried, "SHAUN, NO! DON'T SAY IT! IT'LL ONLY MAKE HIM WORSE! I know it's hard, but you have to accept him! Otherwise he'll keep baring down on you!"

However, before much else could be said, the Cleric had to deal with fire coming her way, and directed Garm to rip and tear while she held onto the wolf's fur for dear life.

Team Dark Tomoya

Caim swapped weapons to his familial blade, and began setting work on the tentacles before him; using his fire and iron to make short work of the false imitations before him. However, their multitude proved to be their might; and Caim found himself distracted enough to be hit by the lighting a few times; and was thankfully not harmed due to the spell work placed earlier.

However, Tomoya did not take into account two Cuties in the air; and Ton Ton had already dived off from Cadolbolg's back, knife poised at the ready to sink into some shoulder. Speaking of the talking turtle-turned-dragon; he winged around and began approaching Tomoya from the opposite side, spewing fire at the Lightning Archangel-turned-Demon Prince as his pact partner continued his descent.

StormShaun:

Team Shaun

Dillon flew next to Shaun he had to give Shaun the truth.
"Shaun Look I know you hate him I understand how you feel, I fight with my darker side and it always gets the better of me, to be honest I hate myself. I feel like I'm a machine missing an important part, I was lonely all my life.
I never fit in anywhere, my rash actions my short temper they'd get the better of me. When they do I turn everyone I meet against me, I feel resentment towards them, but it's not their fault they only see someone who will hurt them.
The worst part is when you turn it on your friends, the people who never deserve your anger but it happens on them, and there's no Band-Aid to speed the healing all you can do is hope for you won't be cast away.
but that dark side, it can't be rejected the more you fight it, the stronger it gets, you have to learn to accept that side because sometimes that side is just concerned about your own survival. There's a way to allow the shadows into your heart as long as you have a light in the center."
Dillon's soul resonated to Shaun and Shaun could see an image Of Dillon's super ego, memories of the girl he once loved.
If you have a light in your heart the shadows will never consume you."
Dillon said his piece then sighed.
The sad truth was he felt he was once again an outcast.

Team Shaun

Melethia kept a sharp vigil on the scene as she anticipated what was going to happen next, but she was still incredibly wary of Shaun and Dillon there.

Devon nodded as he understood the man's sentiments. He'd lost quite a bit in the last few months, and it was difficult for him to keep going. Still, he'd had to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. He could only feel pity for the man, because in his lashing out, it seemed that he likely pissed off a few people from how he talked.

"Shaun, Dillon. Please, listen to me. Life sucks. It's the kind of thing that constantly beats you down and looks for a moment of weakness that it can exploit. But you know, it also has a lot it can teach you. Heck, I'm still learning every day, and every time I think I know it all, it just shows me that I'm wrong. So you know what I've done? Even though it sucks at times, I've had to learn to adapt to the situation. It's not easy, but if I'm stubborn and don't accept things for how they are, I just end up getting hurt in the long run."

Team Dark Tomoya

Slindis worked over to Storm and backed him up with her fighting, and her Aura of Good did many subtle things like helping those around her focus more on the battlefield and fortified them as Fionn tore viciously into the tentacles.

Meanwhile, Tajuh shifted over to back up Caim again, letting the warrior know that he was not alone in the fight while seeing Rugalweave his way through the arttacks and take a mild impact from the ones that connected..

Team Dark Tomoya

Tomoya was defending himself from frontal assault from most of the heroes. Though thanks to this, Ton Ton was easily able to stab Dark Tomoya directly in the back, he continued to stab the Dark Angel multiple times in the back, luckily enough the knife wielding Ton Ton jumped off before Tomoya could react ... but more importantly to dodge the fire which came from Cadolbolg.

The fire lit up Tomoya and the tentacles coming out from his back.
Though shortly the flames were wiped out, but they left most of his clothes burned and highlighted some of his previous wounds, including his left eye, his arm and most importantly, the black hole which was in his chest.

"Why is there a problem with killing? Isn't it natural ... all I want is the blood." Dark Tomoya said to himself. If anyone payed enough attention they could see both a weird color change in his eyes, one was red (The glowing one) the other was blue, both were glowing.

Meanwhile in the background the two teens were starting a spell to change the stone into a weapon, which will aid everyone. "Laudate Deum ... et omnes ... luce eius." Both of them started to chant. The stone which was on the book started to glow. With this Tomoya started to focus more on the two.

Actually leaving Rugal a small chance to fit in with his charge.

Team Shaun

All the words coming from everyone impacted Shaun.
Not just mentally, but also physically. The wounds which were healed had become open again and we slowly bleeding, Shaun fell quickly and slammed on the ground. Tears were coming out but not before they could be turned into blood.
Dark Shaun look upon his grim looking counterpart and smirked. "Funny ... I thought I cared about you. But ... I don't. Death should be a gift from me, you wouldn't do the same thing for me." He said quietly to Shaun as he took a swipe at Dillon with his large Dark Excalibur.

Dark Shaun was about to take his final strike at Shaun, to end everything. To kill everyone without touching them.
"DIE!"
Meawhile in the head of Shaun everything was spinning, EVERYTHING.
His memories, his morals, his information and his life.
Everything around him was crumbling.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

As Shaun's mental state started to falter, Dark Shaun went for the kill with his sword.
Luckily for him, Luptio took the chance given by his attacking Dillon to rush in and grab Shaun before the sword hit, causing Dark Shaun to get his sword stuck in the ground and struggled to pull it back out.

The remaining 3 Elites re-enforced their position around their master, the efforts of Angelus and Melethia taking down 2 of their number beforehand.
Fueled by the hatred of Shaun for his other side, soon a dark flash of light covered his evil side from behind the cover of his men, transforming him into a more Demonic-yet-Also slightly Angelic form. (Note: I'm assuming he'd still have his clothes on though :/ )
Taking a moment to examine his new self, The Dark Author began to chuckle "....This...I like..." before effortlessly pulling the sword from the ground and motioning for his men to attack.
In his new form, he'd be better able to fight as well as fly.

Poor Shaun meanwhile was completely out of it as the battle raged on.

Team Dark Tomoya

As Dark Tomoya saw Riki and Kud prepping some kind of enchantment, Rugal had finally got his opening.
Leaping though the air and grabbing the Dark Angel from behind, He began to get the angel in a choke-hold, holding on for dear life as his tentacles did the same to him.

Thanks to this though, it forced Tomoya to focus on him rather then everyone else, allowing Fionn to get a good look at the glowing "Shoot Here" marks all over his body.
It took him all of 0.32 seconds to put two plus two together and he fired 3 volleys from Sandy at Tomoya's Leg, Eye and the massive hole in his chest where his heart should be.
He reacted as a Final Boss would, reeling in pain as each shot hit their mark, the pain being bad enough to force him to retract most of his tentacles, allowing Rugal to keep his stranglehold up.

Least until the Angel managed to grab his leg and flung him into one of the bridge's computers, giving him a nasty shock as Tomoya shouted "WHAT PART OF DIE DID YOU NOT ALL UNDERSTAND!? IS THE PART WHERE YOU STOP LIVING?! IS THAT IT!? THAT'S THE EASY PART! LET ME SHOW YOU!"
Opting a new strategy, He took flight and began to use electromagnetism to bring down large parts of the bridge's roof down on top of the crew like a large "Whack a Mole", bringing each stab up again after every whack.

Dillon was forced to his knees from the Dark Blade cutting at his side he placed his hand over the wound; the negative energy in the blade was like an electrical shock to his body. He gritted his teeth trying to suppress a scream.
He then noticed something was wrong he looked at his hand and the wound.
"Blood?"
His blood was spilling from the gash, normally this wouldn't be a shock but it was to Dillon, Excalibur had many properties and one of them was in the scabbard as long as one had the scabbard, which he did, the legend stated you would ever bleed.
Dillon had learned small cuts would bleed a bit like the one on his forehead, however such a large Gash shouldn't be bleeding so rapidly, that's when he realized how dangerous the negative energy in the blade was it somehow was overpowering the magic of the Scabbard, he clutched at his side and tried to move away. he slumped intpo a corner, his winmgs forming a protective barrier around him. he couldn;t fight, not with that gash, he groaned in pain.
A small irony was he caught the blade in the supposedly missing rib, the one that (as he had been told a long time ago) all human males lost during the creation of eve.

If you have any questions, please ask! The system my characters were pulled from has a decent amount of documentation involved, but I can explain it fairly easily.

Melethia's character sheet.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

"Dillon! Teri, get over to him, I'll cover you!"

With that, Angelus' flames burned brighter, and with the grit of her teeth; she made a wall of flame between their enemy and the Cleric's mount. Garm quickly wandered to Dillon's side, and stood guard as Teri began to prepare her treatment, the healing aura making the presence of the Dark Excalibur duller by comparison.

Teri casts Cure Serious Wounds on Dillon, healing for 30 points of damage! 12 seconds before the next 3rd level spell can be cast...

After Teri cast the spell, she shimmied up the wolf's side again, and yelled to Angelus, "He's good! You can drop it, Angie!"

An audible sigh of relief escaped from the dragon as the fire wall was dropped, but it didn't look like the forces were terribly affected by it. However, the wall was intended to repel more than harm; so that was fine in the dragon's eyes. However, it still took quite a bit of effort to keep that up, something the dragon would make certain to note if asked. Following the drop in the wall, she backed up a little to gather herself, and Garm readied his fangs for another assault, his pup already chanting up another spell....

Teri makes a concentration check at a DC 12 to cast Spiritual Weapon! She rolls a 24! DAYUM GIRL! It will be 24 seconds before Teri can cast another 2nd Level Spell.

Team Dark Tomoya

Caim gave a nod of thanks to Tajuh for his support, and continued ducking and weaving around the various chunks of ceiling who didn't appreciate him being three dimensional. As he did so, he 'sent' his congratulation and support to the Cuties who were managing to harm Tomoya, given that most were being detained by tentacles or falling ceiling blocks.

Speaking of said Cuties; Ton Ton had shimmied up Tomoya's leg in all the fuss, and noticed that the glowing spots on Tomoya were probably a good indicator of where to hit. Thus, upon coming to one such spot, he made it his personal business to begin stabbing the Angel's glowing leg spot as many times as he could before being thrown off.

Cadolbolg, on the other hand, tried to latch himself to Tomoya's face, in an attempt to rob those glowing eyes of their visibility. Whether that'd work out, was up in the air.

Team Dark Tomoya

"WHAT PART OF DIE DID YOU NOT ALL UNDERSTAND!? IS THE PART WHERE YOU STOP LIVING?! IS THAT IT!? THAT'S THE EASY PART! LET ME SHOW YOU!"

Fionn began to dodge the slabs of nutritious ship bridge as they each fell, hopping around in random directions. He kept loading Sandy while avoiding one of the more humiliating deaths you can have, noting The Fallen Angel's attack patterns. While extremely erratic, he was repeating himself, or Fionn hoped. This trick hinged on a shot in the dark.

He leaped back and cocked Sandy, now fully loaded. "Sorry, my German is rusty, I don't fully know how to 'The' something", he quipped as he raised the shotgun to his shoulder. Tomoya reacted to this taunt in the usual fashion, bringing down a large area of the roof to flatten Fionn. As I hoped. He sprinted forward at the Angel, a white glow running down the barrels of his gun. Tomoya attempted to swat him aside with a pair of tentacles, thinking Fionn was an idiot for trying to charge him. Fionn then proved the contrary by sliding below the angel, unloading Sandy (now enchanted with Blizarra) into him.

Dillon gave a weak smile. he was pale, his hair had returned to being Dirty blonde, his face was even patched up from the healinbg spell.
he stood up ut stumbled a bit before steadying himself.
he picked up his blades
"Allright I'm not fooling around anymore." he said he took a deep breath and let out a feral scream
the others could see his soul a glowing blue ball of light near his heart a golden ball was inside Excalibur, but the blue soul was expanding
the golden soul was along the surface reinforcing it.
The glow on his wings and Excalibur became harsh to look at though oddly while the Elites (who were aligned to evil) found it nearly blinding, but charcters liek Teri and Slindis (who weren't good but were close) found the light was very harsh to their unworthy eyes. Dillon looked for the closest target, he found another Elite he moved swiflty to swift to be seen, and thrust his blades into the elites shoulder, he found the right spot where there was an opening in the armour. the Elite wqas about to scream in pain when dillon Swung red fear and decapitated teh ELite, another Elite made to attack him from behind but dillon perfomred a backflip and kicked the Elite from behind knocking him over. he sheathed red Fear holding the glowing excalibur in both hands he got ready to plunge it into the elties heart.
"To hell with you." he screamed and plunged it deep into the Knights armour. The blade was hot burning the through the armour and scorching the flesh the Elite was fortunate to die quickly.
Dillon looked around he imagined eyes of the other heroes were gazing at him judging him.

Dillon gave a weak smile. He was pale, his hair had returned to being dirty blonde, his face was even patched up from the healing spell.
He stood up but stumbled a bit before steadying himself.
He picked up his blades
"All right I'm not fooling around anymore." he said he took a deep breath and let out a feral scream
The others could see his soul a glowing blue ball of light near his heart a golden ball was inside Excalibur, but the blue soul was expanding
The golden soul was along the surface reinforcing it.
The glow on his wings and Excalibur became harsh to look at though oddly while the Elites (who were aligned to evil) found it nearly blinding, but characters like Teri and Slindis (who were close to pure good) found the light was simply bright only slightly irritating to their eyes. Dillon looked for the closest target, he found other Elite he moved swiftly to swift to be seen, and thrust his blades into the elites shoulder, and he found the right spot where there was an opening in the armour. the Elite was about to scream in pain when Dillon swung Red Fear and decapitated the Elite, another Elite made to attack him from behind but Dillon performed a back flip and kicked the Elite from behind knocking him over. He sheathed red Fear holding the glowing Excalibur in both hands he got ready to plunge it into the Elites heart.
"To hell with you." he screamed and plunged it deep into the Knights armour. The blade was hot burning the through the armour and scorching the flesh the Elite was fortunate to die quickly.
Dillon looked around he imagined eyes of the other heroes were gazing at him judging him.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

Lupito dragged the badly bleeding Shaun over to where Devon was, and the Bard looked the man over while the fight raged. This Author had been the main reason that Tomoya was created and therefore an indirect cause of all that had happened. It would be easy to just let him die from him bleeding out, and it might also get rid of Tomoya in the same sweep, saving everyone a lot of trouble.

Still, that would be the easy way out, and a look down at the haggard Author reminded Devon that at any point, he could have turned up just like him. Besides, he hadn't had the cleanest past when it involved what had eventually come from what happened with Eberron, and yet the people that he had created had forgiven him mostly when they had no right to. Keeping that in mind, he tried straining to access some of his magic... only to find that he couldn't quite access it. Apparently summoning up a large amount of magical equipment wore someone out.

Well, nuts.

Meanwhile, as Melethia fought, she radiated a large amount of negative energy which was focused on one of Dark Shaun's guards, sapping the man's energy quickly and spreading to rejuvenate the group. It could possibly make those attuned to positive energy immediately curious, but the transfer of energy has an odd synergy with the Magical Healing Teri was using.

Team Dark Tomoya

Slindis went and rolled to the side of a few of the dropped slabs then looked around at the electronics in the room as an idea formed in her head. Immediately acting on it, she moved over to one of the computers filled with electronics and waited there just long enough for Tomoya to drop a slab from above her. A quick dodge was enough for her to get out of the way as Tomoya pulverized one of the computers.

Closer to Caim, Tajuh dodged another one of the slams and sliced the block as it went back up, then responded to Tomoya's threat. "Fionn, most Archangels are supposed to be smarter. At least they're supposed to be fluent in all languages, but there are exceptions to every group. Then again, it could be Affirmative Action at work."

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

The Elites were warded off by the Fire Wall set up by Angelus, This ensured that they were all in close quarters when Dillon attacked, ensuring max damage.
As Dillon glanced back, Devon saw the last standing Elite raise his sword to kill Dillon.
Until Melethia used her Deathmark to drain his life energy, causing him to go from killer to killed, slowly resulting in him becoming light headed to fainted to dead.

Watching his men all fall like flies, the Demon Author rushed in to attack, allowing Teri's Spiritual Weapon to get stuck his shoulder.
"GAH!...SCREW! YOU! PEOPLE!" He shouted as tried to get the weapon out with no success.

Panting from the pain of getting stabbed, he pulled out a cell phone and began to text in:

And then, the turrets came on...

"Lets see you dodge this!"
On Cue, 5 gun turrets spawned on the roof and opened fire at the group below to the tune of Demonic Laughter as he worked on dislodging the weapon.

Team Dark Tomoya

As Tomoya focused on trying to smash the group, Huge bolts of pain shot up his leg as Ton Ton used his EXTREMELY sharp knife on one of his weak spots as Cadolbolg made like a Facehugger and...Hugged his Face(???).
Either way, the crushers were silenced as Tomoya let go of the ceiling.
However, large chunks of the ceiling began to fall, namely over Riki and Kud.
Hugging each other as their fate was sealed, Storm stepped in and shouted "ALPHA! ARMOR LOCK!"
He covered the children as his armor froze into place before the roof fell.
A few moments later, Storm lifted off the rumble before adding "GET OUT OF HERE! IT'S NOT SAFE!" to the un-harmed, though slightly dirtied children before returning to the fight.

Back with Tomoya, he managed to pull Cadolbolg off his face, resulting in him biting his fingers.
"I HATE TURTLES!" He shouted before sending millions of volts though his body, blasting him back and causing Ton Ton's grip to loosen from his partners pain, allowing Tomoya to dislodge him and bicycle kick him away.
"HE SHOOTS! AND HE S-"
"And he scores!" Fionn finished as he unloaded freeze shots into Tomoya's face from below, causing his surprised expression to be frozen on his face for a moment until he broke off the ice.
"ackkkk...HEY! WHERE YOU GOING!?" Tomoya shouted as he emitted a Charge into the metal floor he was sliding on, turning it into a massive electromagnet, sticking the Gunner in place.

He laughed then touched his ear like a News Reporter "HAHAHA! OH Wait! This just in! LIGHTING STORMS HEADING YOUR WAY!"
He funneled lighting into the Lighting Fixtures in the roof, blowing the bulbs all over the bridge and setting up countless points for him to shock everyone, if they were under a light, there was a chance to get shocked.
While there wasn't that many lift thanks to his Whack a Mole Games, It did limit movement and made reaching him even harder.

Rugal meanwhile had climbed out of the computer he was sl-
"AH AH AH!" the Dark Angel shouted before striking him down with a bolt lighting, keeping him down.
"You sit there in the corner and think about what you did while the Adults are killing each other, Okay?...Awesome."

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

As the group began hiding behind various bits of debris to avoid the turrets; Angelus began shooting concentrated shots of fire at the turrets in an attempt to dismantle them; already feeling the magical energies within her preparing themselves. If she could hold out for a little longer; she could dismantle all the irritants in one feel swoop.

In the meantime, Teri told her Spiritual Weapon to keep doing it's thing against the demonic Shaun; sweat shining faintly on her brow. Things were beginning to take their toll after such a long night of emotional turmoil, spell casting and Authoring. But she could not quit now! Teri gritted her teeth as fingers began flying over tablet keys, calling up a small well of her energy (much more manageable than that incident with the darts) to enact her Author powers in the world:

4 light healing potions appeared, one to each of the Cleric's conscious, humanoid, allies. Drink up! They'll make you feel a bit better.

and was able to deposit 4 small potions into the hands of Devon, Angelus, Melethia, and Dillon; each of the bottles having a small label entailing what the potion could do.

Team Dark Tomoya

"NNNNGGGGAAAAAAAHHH!!!"
"Ooof!"

The Cuties were flung far from Tomoya's grasp; and both hit the floor with a hard THUMP! elicting another groan of pain from both pact partners. Tomoya's concentrated shock on Cadolbolg, which would have normally been deadly, had instead drained him of what magical protection he had from lightning. That didn't make the rest of the attack hurt less for the both of them, nor the fall any easier.

As Ton Ton wobbled, and collected his Knife and his Lantern; he called out to his partner, "You hanging in there, buddy?"

Cadolbolg nodded and shakily pulled himself off the floor, "Yeah, just got smarted a little..."

That was when he noticed his pact partner was poised in a strange stance, black shadows beginning to lick from his lantern and being absorbed into the knife; making the blade look crueler and more sinister than normal. Before Cadolbolg could ask properly what his friend was doing, he felt Ton Ton's 'voice' tug at his mind; and a quick explanation of the Chef's Knife was dropped in, as well as it's limitations,

"It'll be potent, but I'll only be able to sit here while it charges. Can you make sure Tomoya doesn't hit me in the meantime; and after that, give me a lift?"

Cadolbolg gave a determined nod, and helped Ton Ton back onto his back. Following that, he waited for the Tonberry's signal to move.

---

Now Caim, in seeing his 'son' and his pact partner thrown across the battlefield, forgot completely that magical enchantments were involved to protect them. He forgot that he would have a general awareness of what was going on in their minds. He forgot that pact partners could communicate with one another mentally. All he did remember in that one moment, was the pure unadulterated rage of a father when his brood was struck down.

Swapping to the Angel Killer once again; Caim charged towards Tomoya; the aforementioned (and forgotten) enchantments absorbing what lightning damage would have come from the array that Tomoya set up; a bloodcurdling sound pouring out from his mouth as the blade impaled the Former Lightning Archangel in the gut; a sonic blast going forwards in his wake and knocking Tomoya off the blade after it had it's way with his insides.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

Melethia noted the ceiling-mounted turrets and switched over to her longbow, firing volleys of three arrows at the Turrets while moving around and punched through the armoring of one, dealing quite a bit of damage to the internal components.

Melethia activated Manyshot! For the next 20 seconds, she can fire 3 arrows per shot.

Meanwhile, Devon gave some of his potion to Shaun, hoping that it would help stabilize the man. After all, Teri had created it, so it had to help somewhat!

Team Dark Tomoya

Slindis took the opportunity to brush her left arm with her right hand and focused her Ki, condensing it into a single orb as she fired it off at Tomoya. Even if it missed him, it would set him up for Fionn to get some more solid shots in.

Slindis expended 10 Ki to use Lily Petal, projecting a bolt dealing 80-120 + 8-12 dmg per character level to one target. Costs 10 Ki.

Ki left: 88

Tajuh noted that the Cutie Bruisers were up to something, so he did his part to ensure that the attention was kept off them by leaping up and slashing at Tomoya where he could, scoring the legs of the Dark Angel.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

While they were busy fighting his Turrets, Demon Shaun took the chance to regain his focus a little, between the weapon and summoning the guns, he was starting to get a little weak.
Still, he had enough fight in him to last him another good while and he proved this by texting in:

A Uzi appeared in his hand...

And it was so and he began to unload it at Angelus, spraying and praying from the recoil, but which the amount of lead he was putting out, one of them was BOUND to hit, right?

Melethia meanwhile was able to take down one of the turrets as Angelus took out another, however, this brought her into the cross hairs of the others while Shaun fired at Angelus.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

Angelus cried out as her shoulder was grazed by some fire, and she ducked back behind her cover; but not without lobbing a fire ball at the turrets again. With a hiss, Angelus picked a little at her wound to try and get one of the bullets out; only to be rewarded shrapnel for her efforts. She knew for a fact that bullets left in human bodies never ended well; and if Teri's potions were as good as they appeared, then perhaps she could use that to fix some of the ill...

Speaking of the Cleric, she knew things were looking grim; and began typing on her tablet,

And then Dark Shaun's Uzi was promptly corked, rather like a wine bottle; ruining the gun and causing an explosion of confetti the moment the gun jammed! How embarrassing!

When she hit enter, she silently prayed that things would work... Of course, the scream of:

"FUCK!" and seeing confetti fly everywhere was a good sign.

Team Dark Tomoya

Ton Ton continued concentrating on charging the Chef's Knife; but let his partner know that he could begin taking to the air. Breathing a little heavily, Ton Ton could feel the influx of Karma and Adoration from the Mistress flow into his Knife; after all, the thought of Her was what kept the little creature going.

Dillon looked at Dark Shaun misusing his author powers,
Far off in Canada a young boy read this and had his own ideas forming clever intricate ideas.
However Dillon did get an idea, he ripped out a turret and started to use his iPod to hack into its computer. It took a while he had to shield himself from bullets using his wings but the payoff was worth it.
"ha-ha THIS IS SASHA" he shouted as he aimed the turret at the other turrets he rounds pulverised the others, Dillon had made the Turret fire it's rounds faster and with more force the one danger to this is it would damage the turret, however this weapon was one use only.
"Angelus are you ok?" he asked the Dragoness, he glared up at Dark Shaun.
"Are we sure we shouldn't destroy him?" he asked not exactly to thrill with this new development.

Warnign this post has NO AFFECT on the plot, and exist for a hypothetical amusment

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

The Demon Author was swearing as he landed and showed of his fake but impressive angelic/demonic form. "Are you kidding me!" Dark Shaun said as he looked towards the authors and smiled. "Don't you people have a bad side of your own. Don't you wanna just tear someone's head off and tell them to get out of your life. I do know THAT person lurks in every single one of you!" The evil smirk appeared on his face as he talked hoping to appeal to their dark side.

Hoping to get them thinking, Dark Shaun summoned yet another sword.
A katana which had lightning coiling around it. If anyone could recognize it, it was Tomoya's original sword called "Lightning Cutter" which Riki had on his back at the moment.

Meanwhile for the actual Shaun whom was lying on the ground, the wounds were healing quickly thanks to the other authors and everyone. Though if he moved too much he would bleed once more and the wounds were weird already, glowing bright green and blue. More importantly the mental state of Shaun was much worse.

The infinite blackness in his mind was wiped out by a almost blinding white room appeared in front of him.
A table held four people around it.

A slightly younger version of himself with red eyes. (Dark Shaun)
Tomoya whom was his normal self.
A man similar to Tomoya except a bit older and had wings wrapped with lightning.
A shadow, a thing made out of complete darkness.
And himself.

These were the five kings of the moment.

"What the hell IS this place!" He yelled out and a dark chuckle only responded.
"I know who you are child." rumbled the shadow on the end of the table, who held no shape.
"Tell me ... WHO ARE YOU!"
"I am darkness, a thing made in the eternal void known as Hell."
As the Shadow spoke a angry frown came to Shaun, he had finally known was had taken hold of Tomoya.

Team Tomoya

The former Archangel was getting hit and missed from all sides, though he felt no pain ... only the feeling known as pain. "Why do you resist ... WHY WON'T YOU FEED ME!" The dark version of Tomoya yelled out but to only be attacked by Ton Ton once more. The attack pretty much stabbed him in the hole in his chest, but it had no other effect from the pain and stunning the Dark Demon Prince, allowing him to freeze for a short time.

In the middle of the group was Riki & Kud whom was preparing the last of the spell. Everyone was thankfully protecting them from the incoming attacks of Dark Tomoya, but thanks to Ton Ton the two managed to finish
Suddenly the stone of light had become a bullet
and Riki loaded it into Tomoya's previous magnum (Which they picked up in the Temple) called "Light Seeker".

(Hopefully that picture got posted, cause I can't see if it worked)

The two were not accustomed to a battle situation still and had sweat on their brow and were rushing.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

Angelus gave a weary smile to Dillon as she made another attempt to get the bullets out of her arm, "Thank you Dillon, but I'm alright... As for that mockery of the Author, it seems similar to any enemy we fought in a temple a while ago. That being will only be able to be properly dissipated when it's source, the passed out 'Shaun' over there, comes to grips with it. Until then, all we CAN do is provide cover fire. An annoying process, certainly; but it is what we must do..."

With that, the dragon began throwing more fire at Dark Shaun with her unharmed arm; the rate of fire greatly decreased as a result.

Teri glanced over her covering and directed the Spiritual Weapon to attack once more before it dissipated. Following that, she summoned her Ice Hippogriff once more; hoping that lightning didn't really do anything to ice creatures. As she sent the beast after the Demonic Shaun as a distraction, the Cleric began a hasty move to Angelus' location, Garm covering her from sight as she made her way to the Dragon's side; and began the delicate operation of cleaning out the wound. As she did so, she gave a light shooing motion to Dillon and pointed at Dark Shaun,

"Keep him distracted while I fix up Angie! The last thing we need is an assault on the wounded. Garm, go with him. You'll be more help with him than me."

The large wolf gave a nod; and looked to Dillon to begin their coordinated attack.

Team Tomoya

After stabbing Tomoya with the Chef's Knife (and stunning the Demon Prince) Ton Ton gave a little laugh before letting go of his spot on Tomoya's chest, knowing full well there would be others who would attempt to attack that spot... Like Caim, for example. As he did so, he went back to the leg that he found had the most effectiveness and sent to the mute warrior, "We're still okay, Mr. Caim. Promise!"

The mute warrior in question was surprised in seeing the Angel Killer had no better effect than any other blade in his arsenal, and swapped back to his family blade. Following that, he resumed his normal method of dealing with enemies; mainly, ripping and tearing, and had at it with the blade, taking care not to nick the leg Ton Ton had made his perch.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

Melethia felt that the battle was shifting and rapidly swapped her Longbow for her acidic kukri and her acidic handaxe after dodging the majority of the rounds, gritting her teeth and ignoring the few rounds that hit even though it was clear that she was bleeding. "Look, if Teri says we have to make them accept each other, then that's what we're going to do. Even if we have to bash their heads in first!" She rolled and slashed at Dark Shaun's legs, getting a notable deep gash in with the handaxe which burned with acid and the sheer power of good.

Devon shook as the energy that Melethia had drained went to revitalize him somewhat. It was still nowhere near what was needed to do any real fighting, but if it came down to it, he could at least defend himself. So, as he regained his energy, he spoke out with a bit more energy even though he was still drained. "It's just like in the Temple... Hopefully we can talk some sense into it, because it won't be going away any other way. Just like Angelus said, you know?"

The rather large wolf that Slindis had sent to keep an eye on them noticed the fatigue that Devon and Teri was experiencing, and he knew that Garm's aid wouldn't be enough. This Dillon might be a bit more trustworthy, but the man had opened hostilities to his pack earlier. A few good actions did not correct a flawed Alpha.

Thus, Lupito let loose with a loud howl for assistance, one that any wolf would recognize immediately as one indicating the pups of the pack were in danger. He knew that unless they could get some reliable aid soon, the group would be worn down through attrition.

Team Tomoya

Tajuh glimpsed out of the corner of his eye and made sure that his feinted slashes along with whatever Caim was planning on doing to give the children the opening they needed, while Slindis stayed close enough to let the young couple get the full benefits of her Aura of Good. At this point, they had the feeling that the tide of this fight was shifting in their favor.

Hadrian ground his teeth as he stared across the seemingly endless field. He tried remembering when and how he got there, but was unable to do so. The least he could remember was helping his comrades fight those wizard truckers, or whatever they were, along with their summoned creatures. After that was just a haze of white. Now, he's standing in the middle of nowhere, with all of his weapons still on him.

"Damn it," He growled. "Where the hell is this place?" He ground his foot on the grass in irritation before coming to a pause. He looked up to the sky, as he heard something. Something akin to a cry for help. But the sound was incredibly faint. He couldn't tell for sure, but it seemed to be coming from above him, and some distance away. Bewildered, he stepped forward, only to find himself tumbling once more through an inky-black abyss.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun
Hadrian managed to right himself the moment he shot out of the portal. He landed on the ground with a loud clang resounding all around the room, signalling everyone to his arrival.

Hadrian raised his head and stared at the occupants of the room, a frown slowly appearing on his face.

"...This again?" He said, sounding mildly annoyed.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

Lupito took a deep whiff of the newcomer and smelled the strong scent of a wolf on him as he let began speaking in Lupan. "You're not an ordinary man, even for this group... You've the scent of an Alpha on you. You were the one to respond to the call? Out with it, then. Who are you?" The Dire Wolf, which was larger than any normal hound many in the room had ever seen, moved to put himself in between the newcomer and the exhausted bard still trying to tend to Shaun's injuries the best he could.

To anyone else that had no understandings of how wolves spoke, all that could be heard was a series of intermixed howls, yips, and growls. However, to any that understood the language, the wolf spoke quite well even if his tone was more than a bit stubborn and cautious.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

When Hadrian was unceremoniously deposited by the portal to their side, Angelus took a good hard look at Hadrian and sniffed the air, *sniff sniff* "... A werewolf? I know that scent... I have seen you before..."

Teri rolled a 16 on her heal check! While it's not the best job she's done, the bullets will be extracted from Angelus' arm.

Teri looked up from her work with surprise, especially after what Angelus had said about a werewolf. Thinking silently to herself, she sent a silenced command to Dimitri to scan the AA database for any friendly werewolves to the Rising Dawn. When she looked to her Tablet in a mock gesture of checking a medical chart, she saw that Hadrian's name came up; and dismissed the search. As she did so; her 'voice' came through the Tablet, "A friend of yours, Angie?"
"I'm not certain... But he is familiar somehow..."

It was strange to hear a girl's voice come from a machine at her hip rather than her lips, but Hadrian found the little group was guarded by two large wolves, the grey Alpha being flanked by a smaller blackish wolf. The aforementioned black wolf, Garm, gave Hadrian a hard glare instead of going out to fight with Dillon; the scent of a foreign alpha, especially one near his Pup, taking priority over Dark Shaun.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

"Where did he come from?!...Bah! Nevermind. You'll die just like they will!" The Demon shouted as he landed on the ground, Katana in hand.
"Alright....who wants some of this?..." He asked as he unsheathed his sword and cut across the air, sending a horizontal wave of lighting towards Hadrain and the ones greeting him.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun
Hadrian raised his arms in a show of peace (though it didn't seem to help much, considering what was strapped to his arms), and responded to the two wolves in their tongue, though his Lupan sounded fairly rusty.
"Hey, easy now! I'm no enemy. The name's-"
"Alright....who wants some of this?..."

Hadrian turned and stabbed Soul right into the floor. Within the instant of his invocation of "Frigus," a giant barrier of ice came jutting up from the floor, shielding them from the attack. The wave of lightning dispersed all around the ice, before vanishing completely from it's surface. The mildly annoyed wolf-man gave the barrier a kick that dislodged it from the floor and sent it speeding through the air to the Demon. He looked back over his shoulder and finished answering the larger wolf's query.
"...My name is Hadrian Selene."

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

The Large wolf communicated back to the werewolf in Lupan as he shielded the Bard trying even more to heal the Australian on the ground, although the nature of the injuries made it like scooping water with a sieve. "I've never known a hairless ape have the scent of the pack as you do, Wolfblood. If it wasn't so disturbing, I would ask how! I am Lupito of the pack headed by the Scarlet Knight." He moved the two humans out of the way of the bolts to give Hadrian, Angelus, Dillon, Teri, and Garm more room to work with.

Meanwhile, as Devon struggled to keep the Author stable, the Shadow's words joined up with a snide little voice in the man's head. Hey, just let the man pass away. It wouldn't be all too hard, would it? None of them could bitch you out for it, either. Just tell them that you couldn't save him in time. The Healbitch is off doing Healbitch stuff, after all. It's not your fault that you were trying to be the hero and keeping the Healbitch fully geared. He shook his head as he massaged the last bits of the potion into Shaun, hoping to God that it'd work.

What a fucking joke, hoping to God. After all, would She want some fuckwit that sold off his soul for some strength? Start thinking for once, you sack of dead weight.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

After getting the last bullet out of Angelus' arm and disinfecting the wound, Teri put a hand over the wound and concentrated for a moment, allowing the combined energies of her healing Pool, Melethia's strange magic and her Aura to heal over it:

Teri expends 4 points in her healing pool, and is aided by her Aura and Melethia's Drain Life to fix Angelus' arm. 28 points remain.

The dragon moved her arm a little, and gave her thanks to the Cleric before readying her fires for the frontal assault on Demon Shaun. As she did so, Teri moved to Devon and Shaun; looking over the other Author with distress, "How's he holding up, Devon? I know I dropped a potion in, but I don't know if it's strong enough..."

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

Oh, here comes the Healbitch now to fix him since you obviously can't.

Seeing the fellow author, Devon waved her over. "I'm trying, but the potion really isn't doing that much. I don't know what it is about these injuries, but they're really stubborn!" He let out a lighthearted laugh to ease the frustration he was feeling at not being able to help the man and basically being-

Useless. That's basically what it boils down to, isn't it? After all, you can't fight here, you can't knock any sense into these chucklefucks, and even that little blond whorebiscuit told you to sit the fuck down because you'd be in the way.

Of course, even though the voice was stronger in his head, he kept up the same cheery attitude, but let it slip into a bit of frustration feigned at the whole situation.

Team Shaun Demon Shaun

Teri nodded quietly, and slapped her hands together, chanting a healing spell over Shaun before filling the Australian full of Positive Energy;

Teri casts Cure Serious Wounds, healing Shaun for 49 points of damage! 24 seconds before another level 3 spell can be cast.

After doing so, Teri wiped her brow of some sweat, and looked over Shaun again, then to Devon, "He should be alright now. That was my strongest spell... Devon? Are you okay? Look, I know that Demon over there is right about all of us having a darker side to us; but you can't let his words demoralize you!"

"Oh don't start acting like a hypocrite. It was no easy task getting ME under your thumb. What makes you think they'll listen to you so easily?"

Teri forced that nasty thought to the back of her mind; and kept her gaze on Devon. If he was in fact falling under the Demon's spell, she wanted to make sure she caught it now instead of later.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 . . . 830 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here