The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 . . . 809 NEXT

Rugal

Phew...That was close... He thought, Last thing Slindis would want is rumours of a possible suitor.
"No, I'm fine. Just between the hiking and the Clones and everything else, Takes it out of you. Anyway, what do you say to something to eat? Hm?" He answered before picking the elf up again and moving to the supply drop pod.
However...

David

David was still in a daze for a good while after reading that message and the attachments in it.
Even now, Rugal was using all of this to line his own pockets, The fate of the fucking world and he was team-killing.
Between this, The time he attacked him, all the evil he brought to this world, what his men did, He was now more determined then ever to ensure Rugal never left this jungle alive.
He heard the pair walking past not far from where he was, glaring at Rugal with the eyes of a killer.
....Sooner or later you worthless bastard.... He thought as he pointed his fingers like a gun and mimicked pulling the trigger behind his back as they went for the supply pod.

Rugal

Melethia looked through the stuff there, eventually finding some military rations. "Wheathair, how do you eat one of these?" She held the largeish pouch in confusion, not quite sure how it was supposed to work.

Not too far from them, Rugal could see Devon eating one of the bagged meals, muttering a small curse when he burned himself on the heating pouch. "Of course I manage to fuckin' burn myself when I go to get a bite to eat..." The bard glance over at them and gave a polite wave while waving his other hand to cool the burn.

Rugal

Rugal settled on a fresh apple, pondering how the hell it survived the trip, as Melethia tore open the the ration's packaging and finding...More packaging and tin cans.
From what she could make out, it contained Roast Beef and Vegetables with sauces and even a dessert section.
"A MRE? Didn't think we had those. There a heating packet with that?" He asked before Melethia handed it to him.
"Hey, Devon, Come over and you might learn something!" He shouted him over as he set up the heat packet around the meal.
Propping them against the base of the drop pod, he activated the heat packet and within a minute, meal was piping hot.
"Not 5 star, but it'll do. Hey, might want to bring your one over while this heat pack is still hot."

Rugal

He went over with his meal, having just started on the chili macaroni that had been warmed up. "Hm, I could stand to learn a bit. Besides, if my older sister can get these right, I'm sure that you could show me." Devon pulled out the drink mix and put some water in the bag to get the mix right.

Melethia looked at the bard with curiosity. "Wheathair, how do you know him?"

Rugal

"Being perfectly honest, I don't. He just seemed to show up, but he seems to know Teri so I'd say he's on our side." He answered, choosing to omit the part about him literally going to hell for the sake of simplicity.

(Writers Block)

Melethia | Rugal

As the two enjoyed their meal, there was a rustling noise and Angelus' head popped out of the brush, followed by Teri. The dragon gave a small nod to her author, and said something along the lines of "Tell somebody when you go somewhere", and wandered off to regroup with Caim, Cadolbolg and Ton Ton.

Teri turned to the supply drop, and made her way past Rugal and Melethia; "Sorry about the temporary cramped conditions; but when I heard about this drop I figured I could re-fill my medical supplies while it was here. Don't mind me."

After a few minutes, the girl looked over her satchel's contents and gave a contented nod, "That should do it... Ah yes! Ms. Melethia; it's good to see you up again. You really had us worried. However, that doesn't mean you're quite out of the woods yet; no pun intended. Come see me in that tent over there; and I'll give you a check-up, kay?"

When she wandered away, Rugal couldn't help but wonder why she acted like nothing had happened... Did she have something up her sleeve?

Melethia | Teri

She grabbed her stuff and nodded. "Okay, Miss.. Teri? Yeah, that was the name. Wheathair, I'll be right back!" She followed off to the tent and sat on the cot that had been put up in there, swinging her feet from the floor.

Melethia tilted her head while she waited fr Teri to pull out the equipment only to notice that she hadn't taken anything out of the bag yet. "Is there somethin' wrong? Tell me if I can help ya find somethin!" The author couldn't quite tell what Rugal had said to the girl, but it had gotten her back into a good mood.

Rugal | Devon

Upon seeing the girl walk off with Teri, Devon cleared his throat before talking to the mountain of a man. "I'm guessing that you're still curious about me then, right? Ask a question and I'll see if I can answer it for you."

Rugal

....Oh shit...
Rugal became clearly un-comfortable when Teri arrived, completely calm despite him nearly killing her.
"....Yeah...You go and do that, I mean, I'd like to think I'm fairly decent at white magic but I'm not fully qualified." He said as he got up and stared at the group.
"...Well...As you were..." He said before walking off away from the group.
It was then Teri realised she had spooked him.

Once he was out of view from the group, He went to pick up the trail that Slindis and her group used to reach the camp.
While Elena's portal did cut it off before the end, he was still able to pick up some notches that Slindis left on the way over and from there get on the right track.
Ok, Focus, get the orb, get out, then I'll make Viscus rule the day he thinks he can have me assassinated. He thought as he went on his way.

David

That'a boy... David grinned to himself before he began to trail the crime lord, keen on making him pay for the countless US soldiers and Civilians he ordered to be killed.
While he was hoping Elena would have been there to help him, this was his best shot, no pun intended.

Melethia | Teri

Teri had lasped into thought when she realized how Rugal had reacted to her appearance; and remembered that while she did not send the mail herself, Dimitri did; and it had set the man on edge since. She'd have to apologize about that later. But first, "Is something wrong? Lemme know if you need help finding something!"

Teri sighed and instructed Melethia through the various motions of checking on someone before equipment came into need. Finally, she sat down in front of the young girl and 'said', "Before you ask, I know I'm not done. However, I must admit to something. I have deceived you via omiting information. I do intend to complete this checkup; but I also need to tell you something..."

It was at this point Teri gave Melethia the skivvy of the whole situation; how Dimitri had found the footage, the drop nearly killing her, the plan, and all the things in between.

"...I know this all sounds crazy; but if you want to make sure Rugal isn't hurt for something he didn't do, I will need your help; especially once our plan moves towards the endgame. Do you think you can manage this secret until then?"

Melethia | Teri

She nodded and explained her her situation, then finished with extending her pinky finger to Teri. "It's gonna hurt havin' to attack him, but if it's gonna help him, I'll do it... What about Miss Slindis?" The fact that she referred to her mom by name didn't go over Teri's head, but Melethia would follow through on her promise.

Slindis

The Paladin slowly made her way back to her camp, still thinking deeply about what had happened that day by her hand or what appeared to be her hand. Because of my actions today, I might not ever have the trust of a good half of the crew. Nontheless, it's better that I don't explain what happened to anyone else. After all, what would they think? Teri wouldn't want me to teach her any more, Elena already thinks that I've overreacted to that slaughter back there, David doesn't know the first thing on subtlety and likely thinks I'm out for myself, and even Rugal thinks me weak.

But no, I'll show them that I can hold up. I won't collapse, especially when what we're doing is so important...

Melethia | Teri

Teri could not help but feel saddened that Melethia had reffered to her mother in a similar matter as she did; but decided not to push the issue. It was between her and Slindis after all... "Yes, Ms. Slindis is to be informed as well. All the other players in this gambit are readying up as we speak. Dimitri and Vermilion have already begun the preparations for the offensive, and Mark has begun programming another version of the Time Bubble for Mr. Bernstein. As for everyone else not in the know.. We'll be relying upon them acting as a lynch mob; so you nor I will actually have to harm Rugal. If all goes well, Viscus will be booted from the ship before we get back from the Temple; but there are contingencies in case things go wrong."

She began to start the checkup after saying this; leaving room for any more questions from Melethia.

Slindis

As Slindis wandered about; she found Angelus watching over a sleeping Caim and the two newly bound pact partners (Ton Ton and Cadolbolg). Upon hearing her approach, the dragon looked up, "Ah, there you are. Teri's been looking for you."

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Nighttime | January 1st

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Devon | Elena | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kud | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Riki | Rugal | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

Elena was in fact there with David, rather she was watching from a distance as he stalked the crime lord and while she could understand his anger towards the loss of life, weren't they just as responsible for the slaughter of those villagers, corrupted or not?

"The deaths will never stop. The cycle will keep going and going and going" She thought to herself as she turned around and headed into the camp, looking for an empty tent (a rather simple process given how active the encampment was at the moment.)

She looked down at her finger and saw the ring that David had given her as a gift while they were in New York... while she was getting treatment for her issues at being Ekou's doll for so long. She looked at it and saw a spatter of blood... a spatter that seemed to stay no matter how hard Elena tried cleaning it off and in the end, she gave up and pulled off David's gift to her.

Attaching the ring to the tent's zipper, Elena made the call.

"Charlie? Yeah... I'm coming home. See you soon. I've had enough of the human world and we've got a Mad Angel to stop."

A flash of light... Elena was gone.

Elena is now inactive

"Goddamitall!" Mark cursed as he tried to reduce the size of his latest module so that he wouldn't have to strip all of A.I. Vermilion's capture scripts out of active memory and while VISHNU and SHIVA required that Dmitri and Vermilion combine their processing powers together, the storage size alone was making it an issue.

Looking around he noticed Ella in the distance looking down at Puce and Kurumu and while she didn't know it, he did see a smile on the Half-Succubus' face.

"It would be good for them to get to know one another for real... instead of this bullshit that's been going on. But if Viscus realizes that everything's a ruse... he'll end any chance of that." The Dramatist said to himself.

Perhaps it was fate or frustration but the Writer took out his emotions on a tree, his fists smashing against the blackened bark until he felt .... nothing. Surprisingly, nothing felt like a broken knuckles since that's what the outburst had gained him... and perhaps a little more.

Looked down at his cut hands, he saw the blood seeping from his knuckles... blood the color of crimson... almost Vermilion.

>>init tranform writer.AA.Mark nanomites
>>install nanomites -t ai.Vermilion
>>load SHIVA
>>load VISHNU
>>load HALUD
>>load DRYAD
>>load SHAKESPEARE
>>load WILLARD

Run? |Y|N|
>>Y

AA Mark deleted from AA Simulation.

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

A.I. Vermilion's eyes seemed to almost burst out of her head as a flood of information was uploaded into active memory, causing her to fall to her knees and as Dmitri checked on his companion A.I., he noted that there were two additional program runes etched into her arm.

Looking up to Dmitri, A.I. Vermilion paused:

"My Master... he is gone.

The (Un)real World
Time: January 17th

Mark | Armageddon

"In all honesty," Armageddon sat up and leaned forward, his orange eyes gleamed brightly and the look on his face was remarkably serious, "if Kyre Cwanuld would to become truly unstable, and Red Mage's master gambit actually becomes reality. I fear for the lives of my master, my friend, and all the creators of this realm."

He burned the core of the apple he was eating into ash, "Not only would we have to face the fury of a woman scorned, we very might face down she who gleams like gold in the sea of chaos. The Golden King, the Lord of Nightmares. And her intervention is something that even Titania's annoying plots and plans seems inconsequential."

Armageddon stood up and turned around before disappearing in a ball of flame.

---

Time: Night

Kyre

A maiden's heart is a fragile thing. It can jump between phases of admiration, love, obsession, possession, and then destructive envy. The young Anti-Mage sat atop one of the obsidian bark trees and continued her observation of Mark and Kurumu.

Yet it was not long before the child dropped from her perch and tried to enter the tent, "Ku-ru-mu~! I'm bored."

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kud | Kurumu | Kyre | Melethia | Puce | Riki | Rugal | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

An amused laugh echoed in Kyre's ear canals as she attempted to enter the tent belonging to Puce and Kurumu, who were actually not there at the moment but had left earlier due to an incident with Slindis and Melethia and were now sleeping in a completely different tent since no one had bothered to mark what tent belonged to who. However, as Kyre looked towards the source of the laugh, she spotted someone who had a familial resemblance to the Anti-Mage's beloved Succubus but was not Kurumu.

From where she sat on the bough of a nearby tree, Alashi "Ella" Rockwell, laughed at the lovesick little child but really it wasn't one of the mean HAHAHA! laughs, it was more of those, Awww-haw-haw-haw! laughs like something cuter than kittens had come to the attention of Kurumu's older half-sister.

"If you're so bored, why are you looking for my boring younger sister?" Ella inquired looked down at the Anti-Mage with her piercing blue eyes.

Kyre | Ella

"I am to assume that you are the source of Kurumu's vexations," she put her hands on her hips and looked up at Ella, her emerald green eyes shining brightly in the blue moonlight, "I do not think of Kurumu as boring, I find her a source of radiance that has done the greatest blessings by gracing me with her presence. However she now abandons me in the cold, when I only wish to embrace her warmth again."

She drew Talon and raised it over her head, "You... you are quite promiscuous as it were, would you do me the favor of stealing the Puce Magus from Kurumu?"

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kud | Kurumu | Kyre | Melethia | Puce | Riki | Rugal | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

There was a moment where Ella didn't know whether or not she should feel insulted by the little Anti-Mage's comment or if she should have started laughing at what that would entail. It was an interesting proposition, especially since Kurumu had found what she had always craved as a young Succubus... and to take that from her would have been interesting indeed.

"I could do that for you... but... what's in it for me?" The Succubus asked, her eyes looking as if the results of such a task was not already reward enough.

"And more importantly... if find her such a blessing... why would you want to destroy her?"

Time: Time:

Mark | Kyre

"Because I wish to have her pleasure to myself only," Kyre mused, "and for your reward, I'd wager anything within reason of my capability." The young anti-mage laughed and stepped up to the Succubus in the tree, "mischief for mischief's sake."

A brief thought passed through the Older Succubus' mind but failed to take hold in any meaningful manner. Perhaps it was guilt? Perhaps it was a warning? Perhaps it was her conscience telling her that this task should not be undertaken?

*burp*

"Pardon me. Alright. Mischief for mischief's sake. The next time I see my sister's mate of fate... I'll ensure that he's mine. You can have my sister all to yourself after that. I assume that this Puce is disposable?" Ella thought aloud.

"He's human and a man... of course he's disposable." Ella concluded finally as she looked down to the Anti-Mage with a smile.

"Back out on me... and I'll be drinking your soul little girl."

Kyre | Ella

Kyre smiled and sheathed Talon before pulling on her chainmail shirt and letting the metal ring in the night winds, "You would find me... most indigestible, especially for a common whore like you." She stuck out her tongue and started to turn around, her shoulder length red hair blowing in the small breeze.

It was a brief moment, but it was still there, a sudden all-consuming suffocating blackness that hit Ella. The touch of the null-magic field, twisted by something even more sinister. A heart of darkness filled with lust and envy. Pain hidden behind a smiling facade. She was a girl so lost in her emotions, that it permeated to the environment. She loved Kurumu, because she reminded her of what she once was, what she had lost. And Kyre would do anything to be rid of the nagging feeling of insubstantiality.

"Common whore indeed. Big words for a flat chested little runt." Ella said as she launched herself off the the tree bough, taking to the skies above the encampment. She was bored and found the challenge of taking her sister's pet away did little to ease this... nor did it ease the guilt that she felt for being part of this little plot

"Stop it. You're a succubus not some uppity little human twit." Ella told herself as she kept watch over the encampment from the air.

Rugal

By breaking into a sprint, Rugal quickly reached the village or what was left of it.
"Oh god...The smell..." He retched as he forced himself past the bodies David had made.
Still, he pressed on and up the steps of the old Mayan Temple and soon found himself at the enterance gazing into a pitch black hallway.
"Try and stop me now Tomoya..." He smirked to himself as he entered, grabbing a torch from the wall and lighting it up to show him the way.

David

All the while, David was panting not far from having to keep up with the King of Fighters.
"Ah....Ah....Next time....Ah....I'm getting one...Ah of those super serums...oyyyy..." He groaned as he kept hot on Rugal's trail.

Viscus
As the team prepared to move below him, Viscus watched Rugal and David enter the temple, just as he predicted.
It was only a matter of time now.

*YAAAAAAAAWWWWWN*
*STRETCH... STRETCH*
*TAIL HUG*
*SNIFF... SNIFF*

"Eww... What's that smell? It smells kind of like... blood"
Gabrielle muttered to herself as she found herself comfortably nestled between Akane and Aftan. Wiping the sleep away from her eyes, she slowly sat up and looked about the tent.

"Everything looks normal. Something just smells kind of off." She muttered once again as she unzipped the "door" to the tent where the Kitsune and Knights had been sleeping and once again she looked around. It was this time that she spotted something nearby.

"Hey... Akane? Aftan? Is there any reason why Mark's clothes would be laying on the ground near our tent??"

No response...

"Akane?! Aftan?! GUYS!" Gabrielle yelled this time, waking up her two slumbering lovers.

"Gabrielle... are you aware of what time it is? We are not supposed to be assaulting the Temple complex until morning." Aftan said as she too sat up, missing what Gabrielle had said about Mark's clothing laying on the ground covered in what smelled like blood.

"Aftaaaaaaan! It's just Mark's clothes are out there covered in blood. You think something happened to him?"

"*YAAAAAAWN* Ano who stopped stroking my tails? I was having such a good dream... What's that smell?"

"Aftaaaaaaan! It's just Mark's clothes are out there covered in blood. You think something happened to him?"

Akane bolted upright in shock. "WHAT? What happened? Quick! Raise the alarm! Find the other Authors and make them safe!" Akane said in a panic.

If Mark had been hurt, what would happen to the other Authors? What of her Author, Jake? Despite him thinking th contrary, she had an attachment to him too. He was kinda semi-family, being her creator after all.

The Knights and the Kitsune sprung into action... that was... after they got dressed of course... and started checking on the statuses of the other Authors.

"Jake are you-" Gabrielle started to say as she checked his neck for a pulse... that was until she was promptly taken down to the floor as once again Jake's senses were on high alert.

"Teri! Oh thank goodness you're-" Pause... Almost hugged the poor girl but she seems fine.

"MASTER DEVON!!! MASTER DEVON!!!! MASTER DEVON!!! Aftan screamed though he was unable to hear her over his own music.

Defeated, the three lovers rallied around Mark's clothing.

"It appears that all the other Authors are safe and accounted for, with the exception of Master Mark." Aftan said as she looked at the pile of clothes that were laying in not only a pool of blood but what appeared to be bits of bone and teeth.

"It looks like he was digested by something!"

After he had finished eating, Devon planned on getting two more hours of sleep to make it a full 6 that he had gotten that night when Melethia rushed by him. "The heck is that about? May as well see..." He grabbed his guitar and went over to Melethia standing near the Knights.

"Um, Miss, why'd ya... yeah, if he was eaten, he'd still have his shirt..." The elf was looking the shirt over, trying to see if there was anything off about it.

When Devon saw the shirt, he was clad that he'd already eaten. Managing to hold the contents of the meal down, he went over to the knights. "Any clue how this happened?"

Akane stood there, looking hard at the mass of gore. "...Little Mele is right. That is not the remains of something having a meal. Why does he have odd coloured sharp edges on some things? Like the, what is it called, Ekeltriks?"

"Mark has been derezzed. A term from the Tron movies, where a program, pieces of information are reduced to their most base chunks of information. His blood looks off as well, more of a Vermillion. I'll shoot him an email in the world above us, see why his avatar here derezzed." Jake said grumpily yet quietly as he joined the gathering.

His eyes were bloodshot and he looked dead tired, but he figured after being woken twice in two hours, he was better off being up. He would struggle through and rely on adrenaline. He'd be right. He figured.

New Message:
TO: Disasterchild
SUBJECT: AA Avatar

BODY: G'day Mark, Jake here in the AA. Knights, Mele, Devon and meself just found your derezzed remains outside a tent. Care to explain mate? Were ya attacked?

Hope you're doing well and not neglecting your (un)real body out there, thanks for looking out for us.

Jake.

"Alrighty, sent. Shouldn't take too long I hope."

Dimension: The (Un)Real World

Time: Daytime

The Beach: A.I. Vermilion | Mark

DING!

Mark's head perked at the sound and silently questioned what exactly that sound represented. It had been quite a while since he had heard the sound of someone PM'ing him from Avatar Adventures that he nearly forgot about it. He laying out in the black sand, with a few of the Fae that Klaara had summoned, catching a nap in the sun after the exit of Armageddon from the area had left his bungalow smelling of a mixture of Brimstone and Manure.

"Oh... it's Jake." Mark exclaimed to the motley assortment of Faeries, Brownies, Sprites and Water Spirits.

New Message:
TO: Disasterchild
SUBJECT: AA Avatar

BODY: G'day Mark, Jake here in the AA. Knights, Mele, Devon and meself just found your derezzed remains outside a tent. Care to explain mate? Were ya attacked?

Hope you're doing well and not neglecting your (un)real body out there, thanks for looking out for us.

Jake.

"Oh... well I guess I'd better explain it to them." Mark said as he started writing a response. In truth, he'd forgotten about his little Ghost in the Machine that he had sent into Avatar Adventures and the fact that it had sacrificed itself for a mission wasn't surprising.

response:
[code]Subject: Re: AA Avatar
To: Sgt_Jakeman214

Body:

Shit... I totally forgot about him. I checked up on the event logs and sure as shit he decided to de-rez himself into a pile of nanites for A.I. Vermilion to use. Seems with this whole Rugal business happening the A.I.s are gonna do a number on Viscus given he's parked above you all with guns primed.

I'm fine and my double was not murdered or anything like that... sorry to worry you!

Cheers!

Mark

The message was sent... and after a moment, Mark returned to waiting for his room to clear of Armageddon's stench.

As Jake sent the message, Gabrielle and Aftan waited... wondering that if Mark had turned out to have been killed... what would their fates be. Sure he had given them their freedom but would it have actually worked in the event Mark died? Would they cease to exist?

And so they waited... because that's all they could do.

DING!

Jake looked down at his Compact PC. New mail, from Dissie. He breathed a sigh of relief. "Dissie is fine, his Avatar was on autopilot with it's own routines, a copy of himself, and it sacrificed itself to beef up the A.I. Vermillion. The AI's, whatever that means, are gonna attack Viscus in the airship, who has guns pointed at us. He also says sorry."

"Rugal Business? What?"

Melethia nodded on the response. "Yup, it's definitely not blood, but all that other stuff ya talked about doesn't really make sense..." She looked the shirt over some more, trying to find out exactly what that stuff meant.

Devon turned to Aftan and Akane and gave a casual wave. "Good to see that you two are doing better, and I'd like to introduce myself properly. Name's Devon, and it's good to meet you two." Although he had met Akane before, he felt it would be appropriate to greet her again considering he had changed since he last met her.

Okay everyone, I am now back and now lets get this arch back on!

- Shaun~

Diablo1099:
You mind making Rugal scream to attract everyone? (Also I'm not taking control of him or anything.))

Rugal.

Post contains Temple details.

Time: Night | January 1st.

As Rugal entered the temple, he noticed that the entrance was like a long tube but the temple definitely presented something ahead of the angry blonde male. As the tube went further it was clear that the temple look on the outside was just for show or a different reason. The end of the tube had many cobwebs everywhere but it looked like they were recently disturbed but changed. Rugal stepped into the dimly moonlit main chamber of the temple.

It was already clear that the temple was not made by man or nature, but by something otherworldly. The main chamber held many door and paintings along the walls which contained the history of the temple and "The Servants Of Light". The strange pact was that the main chamber was more set up as a traditional Christian church more then the temple, and the alter at the very end had trickling water which was compliantly black but glowing. It was corrupted holy water and the temple was a building made for man and angels.

The temple was decorated with cracked pillars ready to come down at any moment to cobwebs in every corners.
There was no light or signs of human life.

There were multiple passages aligned along the walls. There was no indication to where they went.

Riki, Kud & everyone else.
Location: Corrupted Forest/Jungle | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America.
Time: Night | January 1st.
Weather: Dark clouds.

Camp Site.

Most of the time everyone was around they could clearly see the couple snuggled up to a fire within range of everyone's sight. The luck thing is that Riki hasn't killed anyone yet or spilt blood and yet he managed to rescue his beloved with everyone's help. The two were still scared of the terrifying event they went through, but they were glad that they were together again. Alas but sometime in the future they will become separated again, so they will need to become stronger to prepare for that time.

In a short time everyone could hear something coming from a temple, not an object but a scream from a man. Everyone could clearly hear the voice (Which was Rugal but I'll let El Diablo come up with what happened to him if he wants) which echoed through out the area.

The couple immediately regained their senses. "What... was that?" Riki quickly said, "Or... who was that." Kud said still terrified.

Dark Tomoya.
Time: After Midday | January 1st.
Weather: Sunny.

Tomoya left the diner, he was fed and his thirst was quenched. The fuel he carried was not to his police cruiser, but to the truck he came into. Chucking the fuel cans in the passenger seat Tomoya paused to smell the air and gasped in satisfaction. "Mmm, smells like chicken." He said to himself as he turned back towards the diner.

Unfortunately the peace was not kept long and it was now up in flames with every occupant alive but unable to escape. Sure Tomoya didn't kill them, but he left them to a worse fate. The screams ripped through the air which left a frown on Tomoya's face. "Ahh... I should of killed them... but they did deserve this for overcooking my steak." Tomoya's smirked once again as he saw the flame consume the restaurant and about to spread towards the gas station next to it.

Tomoya quickly jumped in and drove off just about as the explosion engulfed the area. "Hmm cool guys truly do not look at explosions." He laughed as he drove south east to Mexico.

Rugal
Rugal looked at the strange temple, the unusual design, the almost alien feel, This was clearly what that ghost of Tomoya was talking about.
It has to be here somewhere.... He thought as he advanced though the hall, making note of the several different passage ways and the corrupted Holy Water.
He kneeled down and dipped his fingers in the black liquid, examining and feeling it's composure.
It was then he noticed the basin at the alter was leaking due to wear and that it seemed to flow in it's set own path, ignoring physical restrictions on it's flow.
He followed it and noticed it was heading down one of the temples passages.
Must have corrupted the orb, This water seems to be attracted to it... He concluded as he followed the trail like bread-crumbs deeper into the temple.

He followed it for several minutes until it ran dry.
Dammit! I need to get back, can't get lost here, I'm so close! He cursed to himself as he went to turn back.
That's when he saw it.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Everything dropped from his agenda and he began running deeper into the temple as "it" was blocking the exit.

David
David eyeing up the strange black water, part of him wondering if he could get drunk on it and the other part asking "Why the hell am I thinking this?"
Thus he was startled when the scream of pure terror from Rugal echoed from the passage he walked down and out to the jungle outside.
"....Whoa.........Calm it down, Dave, calm down..." He said to himself before he went down the trail to investigate.

After Melethia left the tent, Teri went off to find her mentor before things were too late for Rugal. As she began to search, she encountered the pact family suiting up for battle; and Angelus pointed in a direction; "Your mentor is that way. We're going on ahead. See you there."

"Right! Thanks, Angelus!"

As she began running off, Teri was certain that she could hear "Be careful!" being shouted at her.

---

A few minutes later, Teri found her teacher wandering aimlessly. "Ms. Slindis, I need to talk to you!"

Dimitri's Room: Dimitri | Vermilion

As Dimitri and Vermilion readied for their mission; Dimitri saw that the Database (AA) had updated. The beginning phases of the plan had begun.

Looking to his companion, Dimitri asked: "Rugal Bernstein has entered the Temple. I shall be ready in 5 minutes and 23 seconds. Yourself?"

It took a moment before Slindis acknowledged Teri with a stoic look on her face. "Go ahead, Miss Gravel. Shall we head to somewhere with a bit more privacy, though?" She made a strong pace over to one of the unoccupied tents as some of the group got ready to move out.

AS she sat down, she did her absolute best to act as if nothing was wrong with her, although she rubber her left arm unconsciously while she waited for the Cleric to talk to her.

bluecrimson:

It took a moment before Slindis acknowledged Teri with a stoic look on her face. "Go ahead, Miss Gravel. Shall we head to somewhere with a bit more privacy, though?"

Teri was a little confused when she heard her teacher refer to her as "Ms. Gravel", but like Melethia, she decided against prodding her teacher's thoughts on the matter.

When they reached the tent, Teri sat down and began explaining the situation in the same way she had for Melethia; starting with the email and ending at the point where she, Mel and Slindis would all play in this game.

"... So, does all of that make sense? I know it'll be a bit hard to let these things happen to Mr. Bernstein; but if want to save him and ourselves, then this is the way to go. Will you help us?"

Time: Midnight | January 2nd

Rising Dawn Encampment: Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kud | Kurumu | Kyre | Melethia | Puce | Riki | Rugal | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

As the Knights and the Kitsune were gathered around the remains of what used to be Mark, Akane's sharp ears perked at the sound of screaming in the distance coming from the direction of the Corrupted Temple.

"Aftan! Gabrielle! Someone has entered the temple! I can hear them... it sounds like they are hurt!" The Kitsune said as she called out for the attentiom of her Knights.

"Who... who entered the damnable temple without telling the rest of us?" The Shadow Knight asked as she drew one of her blades, prepared to rush headlong into danger.

Aftan, was standing still with her eyes closed, the green glow of the Forest Phoenix bathing the group as she tried to sense who was close by.

"I sense that Master David, Mistress Elena and Master Rugal are no longer nearby... though I fear that Elena has disappeared altogether as there is nothing indicating that she has been here recently." The White Knight said as she opened her eyes.

"Come! Let us make haste towards the temple. I fear that Master David or Master Rugal are in grave danger."

Puce and Kurumu awoke to the sound of questions being shouted above their tent.

"Hey Knights! Kitsune! What the hell is going on?!?" Ella's voice asked rather loudly from the skies, while the sound of rushed footsteps trampling the folliage outside their tent told them that the team was on the move.

"David or Rugal went into the temple we think! We're on our way to check it out right now!" Responded Gabrielle's voice from nearby the tent.

"Serves em right if they're runnin in there without backup!" Kurumu's Half Sister responded her voice fading in the distance as she too moved towards the temple, though it was most certainly not to back Rugal or David up.

"Did you hear? Everyone's headed towards he temple now. Kurumu... promise me you'll stay outside when the team enters. I need for you to be on patrol when I go in." Puce said as he started grabbibg his gear.

"What? No way! What about you?" Kurumu asked with concern.

"Please, Kuru. Just listen to me, please. I need to make sure you're safe and you're the only oneI trust to make sure of that."

The Succubus frowned and but conceded defeat.

"Fine... but you better keep yourself safe."

The. Bruiser Cuties, Cadolbolg and Ton Ton, were bapping after a nice meal when the alarms went off. Looking at each other excitedly, not a word was said as they prepared themselves.

With his pact partner mounted on his back, Cadolbol let out a roar as he launched himself into the air, determined to prove himself and his decision to form a pact with Ton Ton.

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

The Vermilion A.I. looked at her companion and smiled, as she revealed her arms and the digital runes that glowed up the length of pale flesh.

"My Master has already prepared me. I am ready whenever you are, Dmitri." Vermilion said as she took a look around Dmitri's home and as she did, an unknown feeling crossed her digital mind. She hoped that she would get to spend more time here with her companion.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 . . . 809 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here