The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 . . . 805 NEXT

Gunsmoke: Saloon

Rugal, David, Fionn, Slindis.

Slindis ordered a coffee and had a drink of it as she talked to Rugal. "The man has made a great deal of effort to be useful since he arrived here, and it takes a strength in character for someone to leave their fate in the hands of someone they've caused a great deal of pain. At any point in time, he could have just fled to the safety of his home, but even with all that happened, he made it through. Could you ignore that kind of effort?"

After the comment about them being unwashed, Slindis finished her drink and laughed. "Really? This smell bothers you? Rugal, you haven't been without bathing for a week in your life, haven't you? If this light smell offends you, it's going to get far worse for you. Honestly, this is nothing, and these people are actually fairly clean."

Upon seeing the extremely out of Place student, she excused herself and put a hand on the student's shoulder. "You're only going to end up hurting yourself if you keep moving around with that sprain. Let me take care of that." After chanting a small spell, the student found the sprain on his right arm healed.

Slindis casts Cure Moderate Wounds, healing the student's (David) sprain!

SP left: 248/266

Gunsmoke: Stables

Jenny, Melethia, Ton Ton

The Bard walked outside to see Ton-Ton walking up to pet the Chocobo while Melethia began talking to it in a soothing tone. Seeing that they were having a fun time with that on their own, the Bard decided to take a look at the outskirts of town, passing by Teri in the process.

Gunsmoke: Outskirts

Devon took a look at the sky and tried to place exactly where he knew the scenery. After all, it felt familiar and the heat didn't bother him all that much. So why didn't he know where he'd been around this before? It was incredibly annoying just because it was something he felt he should know!

Saloon

West, David

David stared at West, a bit dumbstruck.

"...Cowboys? Lady's room What in the world are you talking about? I was just sitting in class. I have no idea where I am now, or how I got here."

Of course, if David had been paying attention to the lecture instead of having his nose buried in a book, he'd know that their teacher, Mr. Thehn was talking about wormholes that lead to alternate dimensions. During the lecture, he provided a little demonstration to the class in the form of a large device that performed just that.
Having noticed David's lack of attentiveness, Mr. Thehn aimed the device at him to suck up his book, as a little joke. As luck would have it, Mr. Gregor, Professor of Applied Mysticism and disciplinarian, slammed the room door wide open, startling the teacher. This threw off his aim a bit, and David got sucked in, along with almost all of his things, and plopping him in an alternate universe, in a Western saloon, in the lady's room.

David looked around examined his surroundings, pointedly keeping his gaze away from the other patrons, until a hand was on his shoulder, nearly leaping out of the chair in surprise.

"You're only going to end up hurting yourself if you keep moving around with that sprain. Let me take care of that."

Before the student could reply, a warmth spread down his arm, and within a few seconds, his sprain was miraculously healed. He turned his head and looked at her nervously. He lowered his head slightly, mumbling a thank you.

Rugal

Rugal shook his head after Slindis's comments.
"Slin, I have you know I once went a year without bathing before I came into wealth. It's not a desirable feeling!" He said before realizing it was a self defeating argument.
"...My point is I'm betting this realm is at least another century away from making the first microchip, so god only knows when they'll have the level of technology that we can use to repair the ship!" He added, showing that spending the rest of his life in this town wasn't high on his priorities, not with all his former servants mucking around back home.

West

"....Well.....That isn't weird at all..." West said, somewhat confused as to what the hell David was on about.
"Well....It's safe to say you aren't there anymore, kid." He said, wondering to let him in on the fact that like him, He also just arrived in this Realm.

Jenny, Melethia, Ton Ton

As the trio contained to pet the chocobo, a man approached the stable to check up on him. "Never seen a Chocobo eh?" He found the group fawning over the creature to be adorable. "I'm guessing y'all have never been anyway near the outlands." He opened the stable to check if the chocobo was alright, as he always did. "Yeah, he's fine. Guess its time then." He hopped on the creature then closed the stable, making sure he hadn't left anything behind.

Jenny, Melethia, Ton Ton

Jenny watched as the Rider went off with it's steed, slightly confused by what he meant by "It's time."
"...Time for what?..." she mused before following him as he went around town, keeping the Chocobo in her line of sight.
There was a rising sense of dread in her system as she did so...

Jenny, Melethia, Ton Ton

After the Chocobo left the stable, Ton Ton noticed a few feathers fluttering to the ground, and hurried to pick them up. Giving them a light pet, the little creature beamed and showed the others his find,

"Lookie here! I bet the Mistress would love these!"

He hugged them lightly, careful not to crush them, "I'll take good care of them till then..."

That's when the idea struck the Tonberry, "Miss Melethia, do you suppose you could make a necklace out of one of these?"

After asking this, Ton Ton noticed Jenny's gaze taking a steely look, and wondered what was going through the Pokemon's mind...

As Devon passed the Cleric, Teri gave her friend a little wave, and called out,

"Hey there Mister Rock Star! I heard the crowd you were gathering in the bar. Must have really knocked them dead, eh?"

From her tone, Devon could tell Teri was in a jovial mood, no doubt on account of the reappearance of Lucifer, but she seemed... Distracted? Almost as if she was trying to get her mind off of something. Then again, the Cleric wasn't really one for hiding things. Comes with being honest; one could assume.

As she helped the student up, She patted him on the back. "You're not from here, are you? It's easy enough to tell. Go ahead and gather yourself up, then feel free to talk to us at the bar." While he got himself readt, Slindis went up to the barkeep.

"So, I overheard there was some troubles recently. Mind explaining some of them?" In this kind of hub, there would always be some kind of trouble going on. Finding out what kind of trouble it was now would make it easier to know how they should take the situation from here.

Jenny, Melethia, Ton Ton

Melethia nodded. ""Of course I can! Somethin' like that would be real easy. So, somrthin' like a pendant or what?" Jenny's running off wasn't an incredibly large concern to the young elf, but she was a bit put off by the man.

He turned to Teri and shrugged. "They certainly seemed to like it, but that could have been the massive amounts of alcohol in their bodies as well. Something on your mind here?" Although the man was still annoyed with how he couldn't find out why the desert felt so familiar to him, he decided to brush that away to see if he could hear Teri out.

Jenny, Melethia, Ton Ton

""Of course I can! Somethin' like that would be real easy. So, somrthin' like a pendant or what?"

Ton Ton nodded gleefully, "Yup! Just one of them though. I want to give the other one to the Mistress. She'd be psyched to found Chocobos exist somewhere. If you'd like, I could get more for you and Miss Jenny...."

"They certainly seemed to like it, but that could have been the massive amounts of alcohol in their bodies as well. Something on your mind here?"

The Cleric rolled her eyes and gave Devon a playful shove on the shoulder, "Oh come off it! I heard you playing Metallica for Pete's Sake! Did you know that some of the band can't even play their parts anymore? You got some real talent, man."

However her shoulders remained saggy and she gave a soft sigh. As much as she wanted to keep her troubles to herself, she thought of the Shadow that had risen from saying nothing. She shifted around a little, and rubbed her arms with discomfort, clearly having trouble spitting it out. (Wasn't it hot enough? Jeez, she always seemed to be cold.)

Waving Devon a bit closer, she spoke in a quiet tone, "I hate to talk about this, especially to you; as I hate to stress you anymore than necessary, but if you really want me too... Well, I'm just worried about Mum and Dad, er, I mean, Ms. Slindis and Mr. Bernstein. I know they have every reason to be, but I just can't shake the feeling that they're furious at me. I'm just scared to be around them now.... Mu- Er, Ms. Slindis already threatened to bite my head off, and Mr. Bernstein... Oh Jesus. You didn't hear it up close, but the way he poured out his fury in his words... The last time I saw him that angry, I was about to lose my life."

She shuddered at the memory of their confrontation in the Corrupted Forest, remembering what happened when she was rushed headlong by the King of Fighters. She still wasn't sure what caused him to stop him from cutting her throat that day. Even if Viscus was the conductor for that symphony of misunderstanding, the vision of being charged was still a terrifying one.

"So, I overheard there was some troubles recently. Mind explaining some of them?"

Shara was finishing talking to Fionn as Slindis asked her question. She began scratching her head, recalling what had happened over the week. "No, not much going on around here. Well, except for town ravaged by a near unstoppable army of bandits and thieves since their sheriff was killed, the bizarre series of murders of officials and rich folk over the past few months, and all the treasure hunters showing up out of nowhere".

She waited to see which of the events Slindis was interested in. Wonder if this lot can actually do something for that town, Fionn'll will be at least dumb enough to try to take it back by himself.......

"......So, want a refill of your coffee?"

Jenny, Melethia, Ton Ton

"...Time for what?..."

The man stopped to answer Jenny, slightly confused at Jenny's apparent lack of knowledge on chocobos, everyone in the outlands knew of them. "Don't you know what happens to chocobos when they're old enough?" He then turned and rode off to the back of a shop on the main road. He was now puzzled on the strangeness of the new arrivals to the town, and given the usual folk that turn up n the town.....

"......I hope that was sarcasm..." Rugal interjected after hearing the bartender list the troubles of the nearby town.
So this is how they get their Reputation...Where-ever the Rising Dawn goes, trouble follows... He thought as he moved to a seat closer to the bartender.
"So what is so "Unstoppable" about them? Sheer numbers or some god awful magical power?" He asked, feeling echos from their last adventure.

Jenny

"...Well, No. No I don't...What happens to them when they are old enough?" Jenny asked as she followed the man to the back of the shop, starting to understand just what was going on, praying she was wrong.
Please let it just be eggs, please let it just be eggs... She thought as she walked around the corner.

Esia walked into the bar. She had heard some commotion before and decided to follow rugal into the saloon after a while. Sitting in Rugal's general area, she chose a table in the corner, in the dark and just sat down. After a few minutes, she got up and walked over to rugal, handing him his coat back. "Thank you for letting me use it, i'll try to get something in town to cover myself." she said and went back over to the corner she had sat in.

Truth be told, she didn't have any form of currency, so she'd need to find a way to make a bit of cash quickly. Maybe she could fight someone, she was damn good at taking a beating.

She nodded. "Any patterns that these attacks take, such as certain areas they target or don't go after?" She also hoped that Rugal's inquiry would provide some more information.

Jenny, Melethia, Ton Ton

She smiled as she picked up some more of the feathers. "Well, I'll make sure to make somethin' really neat for her!" And with that, Ton-TOn found the elf joining him as the two messed around during the feather collection.

Devon leaned back as he played a small tune on the guitar. "Well, I could have done a good bit better, but I was just trying to earn some cash. Actually made a lot more than a bit. SO, what's with you calling Rugal and Slindis your parents? I know it sounds rude, but it really does sound more than a bit off."

Storm-178 (and Alpha).
Time: ?

Storm sighed as he finished his Root Beer in a matter of seconds.
A loud satisfied gasp left the Spartan's mouth as he placed the bottle back onto the counter.
" Miss, if you be willing ... please give my bill to that man over there." Storm said as he pointed to Rugal before he got up and left.

Though one table caught his attention. It was a card table and from the many Wild West movies had seen, Storm knew that these people would be the ones to cause trouble. Smiling he started to walk towards the table, he had played Blackjack for a long time and it would be nice if he got some money over here. But then he noticed it ... a violin case one of the people had below the table.

Licking his lips Storm was going to try and win that violin. "That guy is going to end up without a violin in a second." He said with a light chuckle before reaching the table. He had plan to make the man bet his own violin and win it over.

Rugal

Rugal took his coat back off Esia while he got the information on the Bandit attacks.
"Thank you, Though if you want you can keep-" He started before she walked off to the corner of the bar.
"...it..." He finished after as he "Saw" her field move away.
A slight pang of guilt filled him as he dusted off his jacket and put it back on, starting to wonder how long he could keep his suit intact.
At this rate, I'm going to need another. Wish some of my bulk supply survived AIM's destruction... He sighed as a bill was handed to him for Storms drinks.
"Wait...I didn't order this. I didn't even get a drink at all!" He protested, not wanting to borrow off one of the other crew members for Root Beer of all things!

Jenny, Melethia, Ton Ton

She smiled as she picked up some more of the feathers. "Well, I'll make sure to make somethin' really neat for her!"

Ton Ton's joy was practically infectious, and he jumped up and down with glee, "Thank you! Thank you very much! This means so much, I'm very grateful! Please, if there is anything I can do, please tell me, and I'll happily do it."

Devon leaned back as he played a small tune on the guitar. "Well, I could have done a good bit better, but I was just trying to earn some cash. Actually made a lot more than a bit. So, what's with you calling Rugal and Slindis your parents? I know it sounds rude, but it really does sound more than a bit off."

Teri looked down at the dirt, and gently pet her wolf's flank as she emptied another water bottle down his maw. Devon could see that he hit a nerve; and not a pleasant one at all. She grabbed her tablet, and began typing, speaking softly as she did,

"You're right. I should stop calling them that. I bet they only endure it because they pity me, at best."

Before Devon could ask, she held up the screen to him, and continued, "My Tablet can access the internet of the UnReal World or AA's network. Consider it a quirk of Mark's workmanship. Here's a google search of my name. The other two tabs are aliases I used on the Internet. What do you see?"

From what Devon could see.... Nothing relevant. Teri took away the Tablet, and began typing again, "There's nothing. No deviantart, no Tumblr, no Facebook... Nothing. Even on the AA forum, there's no name on my posts. Just text. The Fates, you see... I made that deal for Caim, Angie, Ton Ton... All of them. This is what I paid."

She gave a small laugh, eyes wet even when she tried to wipe her face. She tried smiling at Devon, but the effect was horribly lost with the state she was in, "Tajuh told me what happened when I mentioned the Fates. And, I really shouldn't be upset or surprised this has happened; especially when there's people much worse off! I'm sorry, let me just... Oh Jesus, it's just like last time!"

She covered her face with her sleeves, and continue her futile efforts to keep her face dry via pressing herself to her wolf's side in a sad attempt to hide her sorrow from the bard and anyone who cared to look. As she tried, her mechanical voice ran from the Tablet in question,

"Even before finding out, I latched onto them. I was like a scared little kid; in a big world where wanted nothing to do with me, and my only solace was some powers I had gained. They never told me 'no' or 'stop' when I started giving them the moniker of being my 'mum' or 'dad'; even if they didn't want it.

I'm sorry for burdening you with this, Devon. You've got more than enough to deal with... Please, forget I said anything. It's easier that way, isn't it?"

Pandora soon found herself in a bit of a predicament with team rocket on her tail and no team to get them off her back, she through a large sack of "reclaimed" poke-balls down to the town over a small cliff. A favor she was very happy to complete for the poor victims who lacked any form of strategy, she then jumped after them and began handing back what was stolen from it's citizens, though she had to leave the bag to them after a few people... she didn't exactly look friendly, and everyone "knew" or thought they did, what would happen soon. People far to often took an Absol's presence to "cause" disaster rather than to "warn" against it.

she let out a heavy sigh after walking a good distance through the surrounding forest. "Sheesh you'd think them to be happy what with having their "pets" back, not that I agree with it. Still, have to find some room and board eventually what with there not being a hotel for miles, so might as well do a couple favors" she says as she trips over a rusty hatch... falling down the hole that was left open and it shutting behind her. she tries to climb her way back up but the now closed hatch was rusted shut... and locked. She did a quick check around the room and noticed a PC hooked up to a strange device on the floor. The screen said "Destination, Gunsmoke." It wasn't a place she'd heard of, but it *sounded* interesting... she flipped the switch and stepped onto the pad... she was off to the AA universe.

Jenny, Melethia, Ton Ton

After a good sized hunt for feathers, Melethia had a pile of feathers that was the same size as Ton-Ton. A good number, sure, but the Chocobo apparently shed a good deal.

"Eh, it's no biggie. 'Sides, you're pretty awesome, Mister Ton-Ton! I'm sure that I can do a little bit here for ya. Want me to throw in some Byeshk here? It's a nice dark purple, and I know I could do some really neat things with it and the feathers here. So, what do ya think?"

Now, Ton-Ton may not have known much about the elf's crafting skills, but she only offered to use Byeshk for a rare few. It seems that our little Tonberry's earned a friend. C=

Devon whistled, and one of the imps popped up with the sidepack that Devon had entered the AA with. "Teri, you really did that for them? Wow, that's... I don't even know what to say. Still, do you mind if I show you something?" As he sat on a conveniently placed rock, he opened the computer to show multiple places that had been searched out - all empty lots or blank domain names.

"From what I can remember, I think I'm in the same boat as you, although I don't know why I have searches for places in Las Vegas here." He put the computer back in the bag and whistled again, and the imp took the stuff back to the ship in a few poofs - but not before Teri could notice the scent of perfume on the Imp.

He let out a small sigh. "Teri. You helped me out when I was at my worst, so even there's a lot that's really fuzzy about what happened in my past, I'll be here to help you out. I didn't mean to make you mad here or hurt you. Gah, me and my stupid mouth!"

Jenny, Melethia, Ton Ton

"Eh, it's no biggie. 'Sides, you're pretty awesome, Mister Ton-Ton! I'm sure that I can do a little bit here for ya. Want me to throw in some Byeshk here? It's a nice dark purple, and I know I could do some really neat things with it and the feathers here. So, what do ya think?"

Ton Ton nodded, "Whatever you think is best, Ms. Melethia. You're the craftmaker, and I'd trust your judgement. Mind you, I would only like one feather for myself. Just one is perfect for me. Easy to hide under my robe, you know? As for my Mistres... I think you can go as nuts as you like, we've enough feathers for that."

As this discussion continued, Melethia could see that the Tonberry was very much in one of the better moods she had ever seen on the creature; even if they did get in some trouble for blowing up AIM. This Mistress of his had to be important to him, whoever she was...

Teri laughed softly and shook her head to the side, her shoulders sagging further instead of shaking like they were moments ago, "I had no idea what I was getting myself into.. I thought that they wanted the water bottle for what it represented to me. It must have been a focus for their work instead; taking me out of existence like that. So yeah, we're kind of in the same boat; except, instead of losing everyone ever connected to you, I was the one written out of existence. Not to say one or the other is worse, but it's a different method for the same result."

She still leaned into Garm's side; cuddling the wolf in the same manner as she used to do with her pets back home... Or at least, she used to have. After a few more moments, she sat down on a similiarly convenient rock and sighed, "I'm not mad or upset with you Devon. I learned what happened right before the space battle, so it wasn't very long ago... I guess it still hurts a bit, you know? Even if I have Slindis and Rugal to listen to me... They just-... They remind me so much of my old Mom and Dad. Similar physical attributes, the way they act... They're not completely alike, but you see where I'm coming from, right?"

She kicked a stone with her boot and continued patting Garm (who by this point, sat down next to the two Authors), "It didn't help I tended to stick around them alot either. Before long, they were like a second set of parents to me... At least, for me, they were. I don't want think about how they feel about me...."

After this stream of thoughts, that was when it crossed her mind that Devon mentioned something strange, and the Cleric gave Devon a good hard look, "...Wait a minute... What you do you mean you don't remember your past? Did something happen to you recently? Oh shit, defeating your Shadow didn't muck up your memories, did it?!"

Jenny, Melethia, Ton Ton

Melethia nodded. "It'll be easy, Mister Ton-TOn. Just a bit here an' there, and I'll make the best little thing for this Mistress of yours. I'll also make a small pendant for you also..." In a blur, her hands went to her pouches as she began the work on the materials. The elf already had a great idea for what she was going to make, and before long, Melethia finished the small pendant for the Tonberry.

"There's a byeshk-adamantine weave for that chain, so nobody's breaking that. It was a bit harder to get the feather right, but it shouldn't fall off any time soon." She handed the Tonberry the pendant necklace, and the silvery-grey and deep purple chain provided an excellent contrast to the bright yellow pinion.

As she worked on the larger treat for his mistress, Ton-Ton could see that she had made the framework for a fully movable chocobo. This one would take a bit longer, but seeing the elf's hands at work went to show that this was something that Melethia knew how to do.

Devon rubbed his left arm as he responded. "I guess we kind of are, aren't we? I honestly don't care which one of us has it worse, because we're both still standing. By the way, Lucifer's Boss... well, when you see her, it's something you'll never forget. In a good way, of course, but you get what I mean."

Devon took another look up at the night sky, and he scratched the back of his head. "Still, never thought you'd find yourself another family here. I mean, we both know that's a really cool thing, and having Melethia as family would certainly be interesting. Finding that many people willing to be that close to you on this crew sounds like it's amazing."

He rubbed the wolf's fur with his right hand as he enjoyed the cool night air and responded. "It's just that. I mean, there's some things I know, but there's a lot of questions I have that I should be able to answer, but I can't at the same time. Like, where did I grow up? Who was I friends with back home? How'd other people see me? Who'd I grow up with? I still have all my schooling, but I don't remember the how of it, either. I don't mean to go on and talk your ear off, but it's things like the ones I listed that are bugging me."

Yup... his memories had been messed with badly.

David

Glancing over to the young girl disapprovingly, David interrupted the filling of Lucretia's beer with "Hey! Kid was after a Root Beer."
It was bad enough that she smoked, but adding drink to that addition? He'd be burying her before she was 20.
"Man, you pick up bad habits like sticks. I mean, I wasn't no saint, but even I waited until I was of legal age to get my Vice on..."

Melethia, Ton Ton

"There's a byeshk-adamantine weave for that chain, so nobody's breaking that. It was a bit harder to get the feather right, but it shouldn't fall off any time soon."

The little creature's eyes widened when he saw how quickly and easily Melethia had managed to create the pendant, and looked at it with a sort of reverence as Melethia put it on around his neck. Letting his little hands run over the chain and feather, it was very clear to Melethia the little creature was impressed,

"It's so pretty... I'll take good care of it! Thank you, Miss Melethia!"

He then opened the neck-hole of his little cloak, and gently put the feather inside it; giggling slightly upon feeling it brush against his scales.

"Hee hee! That tickles..."

Following that, the little creature sat down and watched with wonder as the elf began making the gift for the Mistress. It was amazing to see the elf make something that looked so complicated without prior planning or drafting. Ton Ton couldn't help but mutter aloud,

"You're very talented, Miss... Where did you learn to do all that?"

Teri perked up a little upon the mention of The Boss, "Oh, Her? Yeah, I saw one of Her...His, whatever... God can whatever gender He or She feels like... Anyway, I saw one of Her female forms once. Gave Luci a downright smack to calm him down. It was at that point he found out about what Bruiser did and.... Well, you can guess he wasn't very happy to hear that. Point is, the Lord showed up; told Luci to stop what he was doing and smiled at me."

The Cleric's mouth creased up a little, a small giggle escaping, "God literally smiled at me. That's not something I'm gonna forget..."

She sighed and continued petting Garm with one hand while the other idly played with a charm of some kind, "But as I told you before, I don't know how Slindis and Mr. Bernstein feel about me at the moment. I'm too scared to really be talking to them right now."

Not wanting to dwell too much on the topics concerning her, she turned to what was concerning Devon, "I didn't get the full skivvy on what happened in your mind, but apparently you Shadow was using tombstones? I remember one of them had my name on it; so perhaps the battle that ensued damaged a few of them. Mind you, their constructs that reflect visually, what happened in there. My Shadow did the same thing by manifesting a tundra when she went rampant.. But I digress. Maybe if I got Jenny, I could work to fix the tombstones in there? I'd just have to prepare some different spells..."

Little did she know that as she thought all this through, she was accidentally sending the whole conversation to her personal Prince of Darkness not too far away. That's what you get for accidentally tapping into mental links, Kiddo!

Melethia, Ton Ton

She continued to work on the piece, even pulling out some leather from her pouch to provide some padding for the Chocobo model she was making. At times, she would occasionally test the limbs to ensure there was full mobility and see if she had got the skin right. A glance over to Ton-Ton revealed the large smile the elf had, and for once, she looked a lot more like the age she was rather than a child that had been forced to grow up far too quickly.

"It's no problem, Mister Ton-Ton. I got lotsa practice with this kinda stuff back home with all the locks and acid traps I had to work around. Somethin' like this just flows for me!" She extended and retracted the wings of the model a few times to see how the feathers would hold, and she nodded in satisfaction. It only seemed like it had been a few minutes ago when Melethia had gathered all the feathers, but the model could already be mistaken at a glance for a shrunken chocobo.

"Isn't it nice to unwind for once, Mister Ton-Ton? And what were those games ya were talkin' about earlier?"

Devon nodded. "Yeah... Kinda took a visit to her after something happened at a hospital in Jersey. Don't remember too much about what happened, but apparently I took the injuries and bad stuff the others there had when they put me under, so he had to take me up to Heaven to fix me up before I went and got myself killed. I never expected the Boss to look how She did, though."

A quick glance out to the area in the night showed something out there moving, but even with the full moon, it was hard to make out what it was exactly. "Guessing it has to do with what happened at the AIM base? I already let Rugal know it was my fault: Didn't want you or Melethia getting caught up in it when a lot of that really was on me. Besides, you have to stick with your family while you've got them. After all, you never know what will happen."

He focused a bit more on the figure, and all that he could tell was that it seemed to be a human. "Yeha, I'm really sorry that you had to hear all of that. I didn't really mean all of that, ald I probably on't deserve to be around people half as good as you, Ton-TOn, Jenny, or Ella. Honestly, I'm surprised none of you punched me in the gut."

Melethia, Ton Ton

"It's no problem, Mister Ton-Ton. I got lotsa practice with this kinda stuff back home with all the locks and acid traps I had to work around. Somethin' like this just flows for me! Isn't it nice to unwind for once, Mister Ton-Ton? And what were those games ya were talkin' about earlier?"

The Tonberry nodded, "It is nice, compared to the chaos we usually deal with! Hmn... Acid traps? That doesn't sound very safe... Now, to answer your question... Uh...."

Ton Ton's brow creased for a moment, and then he tried to explain video games to the elf, "Uh, you know what a TV is right? Well, with these kind of games, you plug it into a TV, and then depending upon what you're playing the game on; that is, the machine that runs them, you could play all sorts of games! Usually, the ones my Mistress played had some kind of story to them; and you fought lots of monsters. At least, the ones I came from were like that.... Er, well, that is, that particular game was so popular, they made merchandising off of it; toys based on the characters in that game, like me!"

He waved a hand over himself, "I used to be a toy myself, remember? Anyway, it seems that, strangely enough, even though the stuff from those games is strictly fantasy back home; it seems to be very real elsewhere; like the Chocobo we just saw... I wonder how much is real? I'd hate to see a Behemoth."

Teri stared at Devon with wonder when he mentioned his encounters with God and Lucifer, and wondered how he was even surviving at all, considering what such a thing probably entailed. However, upon mentioning AIM again, she nodded quietly, and pulled her legs to her chest,

"Like I said, Dad was about to blow his top when me and Mel got to him... And Mum personally told me I was lucky she wasn't around when she found out. I understand her being mad about me sneaking out and Dad being mad about losing the livelihood; but that doesn't make the notion of facing either of them any less terrifying... And you really didn't have to do that, talking to Dad about it. I was just as involved in AIM's. It was my fault Furiae even needed to be rescued. Inuart used to be one of my characters, remember? I should have killed off that royal bag of dicks ages ago... Ah, who am I kidding? If I couldn't have Darren kill off Bruiser, I couldn't Inuart."

Silence overtook her as Devon spoke his apology for his Shadow, to which Teri laughed and gave Devon another shove, "Nah, I'm not that great, really. Hell, I'm surprised God still likes me working for Her..Him, whatever. But really, you're a good guy Devon. You're actively working to fix the problems you've caused, and that's admirable. Hey, you're on good terms with Caim of all people! I'm lucky if he doesn't give me a death glare... Not that I don't deserve it. Anyway, the point is, you're doing what you can; and that effort alone is what matters. The fact that you keep trying at all! It makes you better than Tomoya, by any means. Now, you keep talking that way, and I'll have Squishy show you how well that slam of his works!

Taking a quick glance at whatever seemed to be bothering her friend, and seeing nothing, Teri continued, As for your Shadow, I understand completely. Mine was a bitch too. Were it not for Slindis and Luci... I- I don't know what would have happened to me. But my point is, everyone has a Shadow of sorts. Some of them just manifest like ours did. And even if we have that dark part of us, it only means we're human. What would make things 'bad' or 'wrong' would be to act on the cruel things they say or tell you to do. You struggled against what your's wanted, and I think that's proof enough you're not a bad guy. Don't beat yourself up so much, kay?"

"May we join you?"

Teri scooted a little to the side to accommodate Lucifer, and listened intently as he spoke of many the same things she had moments prior, although the Devil had a bit of a way of making things sound far more eloquent. However, when he mentioned overhearing the conversation via the amulet, the Cleric facepalmed and muttered an apology to Devon; as she felt that this was a conversation he wanted private.

But, that did not mean the entirety of the conversation was serious. When Lucifer brought up the matter of Devon dating his daughter; The Cleric got in on the laughter. That is, until Ella dropped a similar threat.

"You meant the same thing that's gonna happen to Teri if she breaks your heart Daddy?"

Which caused Teri eyes to widen, and she shook her head fervently, waving her hands in desperation, "I assure you, Ms. Ella, I have no intentions of harming your father or his feelings! Really!"

Another round of laughter resounded around the campfire (which Garm was now propped in front of like a lap dog; the cool air now calling for the use of it); and for that moment, all seemed right with the world.

Melethia, Ton Ton

Melethia was moving onto the finishing touches of the chocobo model as she heard Ton-Ton's explanation and tilted her head in confusion. "I really don't wanna sound rude here, but I didn't understand a single thing ya just said. If ya wanted to fight stuff as a game, why not head out an' fight them with someone else? Makes a lot more sense to actually get 'em ready for later on down the road rather than lettin 'em pretend they know how ta fight it." She out in the eyes, and the incredibly realistic model was finished.

"Still, those acid traps weren't the bad ones. I mean, ya got the fire ones and the Electric ones and the slashing ones and the stabbing ones and the crushing ones and the screaming ones and the ones made of pure magical force. After a while, it all becomes second nature, ya know? Adapt an' overcome, then take the people comin' after ya down." From the way she talked, it was clear that the girl had been forced to grow up extremely quickly.

Devon looked at the flames as Teri gave her explanation of his Shadow. "Still, the things it did in there are basically things that I allowed by not trying to calm it down. I mean, it almost completely killed Ton-Ton's faith in his owner, not to mention the stuff that happened with Jenny. Don't really know how they can say they forgave me, but they really are the people to strive after here. And honestly, I have to be my hardest critic, because I'm the only one that can change how I do things if and when I start messing up."

It was then that Ella and Lucifer approached and put in their words. "I understand that I'm not perfect, but when you see things like Tomoya going off and sipping some soda with his family after what happened? Go ahead and call me whatever you feel, but when things like that can happen, I have to hold myself to higher standards than I would anyone else. I know it sounds stupid, I really do. What's accomplished by me saying that I'm good as-is? Nothing, and it'd just make me lazy."

He scooted over so Ella could sit down next to him and responded again to Lucifer. "Look, if I mess up there, go ahead and do what you will. Unlike some people we all can think of here, a person has to be responsible for their actions." An arm was placed around Ella as she sat down, and the Bard did his best to warm Ella up as he laughed at Teri's joke.

"Still, I'm pretty sure that this wasn't where I thought I'd be a year ago. Lucifer, thank you for putting your trust in me when it came to freeing your daughter."

As Pandora struggled to get her footing in the boxcar of a moving train she seems to have teleported onto she slides the door open and sees a town in the distance. It was odd really, some old senses told her something was going to happen sometime there... and unfortunately for her, trouble attracts Absols like honey attracts flies. She jumps, tucks, and... would have rolled if her horn didn't get jammed in the dirt. "SON OF A B***" she says as she pries her head from the ground. "Sometimes I wonder why I don't just saw this bloody thing off! Oh... of course, it'd hurt like hell and then I would seem even more of a freak with it broken I suppose" She says as she can't help but notice the unbearable heat. She decides to find a place to drink and cool off and starts walking to the Saloon.

Rugal, West, Fionn, Slindis, Lucretia, David.

"So what is so "Unstoppable" about them? Sheer numbers or some god awful magical power?"

Shara paused as she tried to answer Rugal's question, nothing specific had been said about the bandit's abilities beyond wild rumors. To her knowledge, no one had fought the towns attackers yet and lived. "I wish I could tell you, but all I hear is talk of the devil walking amongst the bandits, one conjuring the power of the dead, that sort of stuff." She looked over to a group of bards in the corner of the saloon, having been put to shame by Devon's performance. "You all know what the story of what happened to that town, right?"

The group lit up, seeing a chance to redeem themselves. They all sprang up and darted onto the stage, prepping their instruments. They then began to perform, creating a vivid image for the heroes.

With the exposition delivered in the from of an obvious reference (wait, are the bards covering the choir's song?), Shara turned back to Rugal and Slindis "And that's all anyone knows for sure. See, this would be simple if a few bounty hunters teamed up to deal with it, but there's one small issue with that."

"And that issue is?"

"They've all been dealt with. Most of the best gunslingers are either with them, too scared to do anything, dead, or worse. Forgive the cliche, but that town needs a miracle if the folks there want to keep their homes and live." Fionn just stood there as the conversation went on, predicting the outcome. He walked over to West "You finished mate? Lets get everyone together, looks like we got our holiday after all. The two then stood up left the Saloon, spotting Jenny in the street...

Meanwhile....

Jenny

"...Well, No. No I don't...What happens to them when they are old enough?"

"We sell them! That's what most breeders do!" He shook his head at wha the thought was obvious and continued on his way.

Back in the Saloon......

A man at the bar was put off his lunch as he tasted it "Hey barkeep, you sure this is chicken?"

Rugal

"....That's all?..." Rugal said, prompting a stare from the bartender.
"Doesn't really sound too bad, considering what we've dealt with in the past." He added, not really fazed in the slightest at the threat of dozens of people with guns, seeing how they just beat Millions of Angels with superpowers and guns.
However, it soon became clear that he didn't care too much for this town, this wasn't their world and, in his mind, not their problem.

David

Kid's got nerve... David thought as he smirked and raised his glass of Water, having decided that the stuff here wasn't for him.
"Cheers." He said as he took a long drink of his water and watched Lucretia's grin fade.
It was then that Fionn pulled him away, foiling his wicked scheme to ruin Lucretia's fun.
"So tell me why we are leaving the bar?..." He said as Jenny began to raise a fuss.

Jenny

"...Sell them into what?..." Jenny asked as she paled slightly, keeping up with the rider as they went down the alleyway, jogging almost to keep up.
As she walked, she came into Pandora's view as she entered the Saloon, A Gardevoir? Here?
"I mean is it for Racing...or pulling coaches...or..." She trailed off as the realized what it most likely really was.

Diablo1099:
snip

As jenny passed through Pandora's view she made a heard turn left around them and out of sight. By the way it looked, with her following a human, it looked as though he was her trainer. To be honest since the accidental switch was made she had wondered if getting hit in the face with a poke-ball would actually be able to catch her... but she wasn't about to find out. After weaseling past the two of them she lets out a deep sigh. "I really hope this isn't like Hoenn, I mean for the love of god if I have to run into any more people who would consider me or other Pokemon their... "pets" I think I'm going to hurl." She says as she enters the Saloon a couple minutes after the bard's song was over. She gets a few glances from around the place but ultimately just asks the barkeep for a glass of water. Then puts a gold nugget on the table to pay, she presses it to her lips, but after seeing the bartender "spit-shine" the inside of a glass... she takes the nugget back and hands him the drink, with a disgusted look on her face, much to his dismay...

Melethia, Ton Ton

After Ton Ton admired the chocobo replica for a moment, he looked up at Melethia with an equally confused expression. Or, as well as an expressionless Tonberry could muster, "But that's the point. The games are all fake, hence them being 'games'! We don't have monsters in our world like others do, aside from the Dream Daemons. But I don't think many people are aware of them; if they are at all... My point is, the games are just that. Games! They serve no purpose otherwise. Sure, they're not very realistic, but in a world where such things are fantasy, that's where the appeal lies, at least to children. Don't get me wrong, Ms. Melethia; having to fight for a long time in your life is nothing glamorous. But you do know how normal it is to romanticize such things when people know nothing about them? Look at the tales of dragonslayers, for example! We don't know how the dragon feels about being killed, nor is the gravity of the situation truly grasped! Rather, the stories focus upon the bravery of the knight or his cunning! The labor that would be killing a dragon is glossed over with a few words, when in actuality, it's a long and arduous ordeal! Do you understand..?"

He gave a soft sigh, and patted the feather under his robe with a small 'grin' (which was more like his eyes squinting faintly), and continued, "As for adapting and overcoming in combat, I know exactly what you mean. From the moment I was 'born', I've had to fight to keep my Mistress safe from the Daemons. From then on, I had to refine the techniques I use now or I wouldn't have survived. I wonder if she would have made a new Guardian after that...? Mind you, my creation was accidental. The Mistress doesn't even know I'm alive, which was something I intended. A moving doll would be pretty creepy!"

Teri shook her head as Devon gave his spiel, and leaned a little into Lucifer's side, the Archangel proving to be far warmer than she was, "There's always room for improvement, Devon; but that's not what we mean when we say you're 'good'. It means you're a decent human being! You're much better than Tomoya or Shaun in the fact that you ARE taking responsibility for your actions, and constantly working to fix any mistakes you've made to the best of your ability. Now just because you have that task ahead of you doesn't mean you have to constantly put yourself down. That's just as destructive to your health as poison..."

Speak for yourself, Cleric. As Teri relaxed against the former Prince of Darkness (a rare sight for any who knew her) she continued, "But I can agree with you on one thing; I never thought I'd be here a year ago! Especially in my career choices! I mean, who decides to be a Cleric in our world? Really? Stuff like that hasn't happened since the dark ages!"

Jenny

As Caim and Cadolbolg wandered down the street, Cadolbolg finding a happy perch on his father's head, the two saw their Gardevoir friend talking with a man riding a.. Bird? With a shrug, the two walked over and Caim gave a little wave to Jenny, his PDA speaking well enough for him,

"Greetings, Jenny. How do you fare at the moment?"

Cadolbolg lifted his head up, and yawned. As strange as it was, Caim's skull seemed to be his favorite napping spot, especially with the heat warming his scales so nicely. After blinking a few times, he waved to the Pokemon as well,

"Hello, Friend Jenny! What kind of bird is that there? It looks funny!"

Kalastryn:
snip

Esia saw a curious woman walk in, not looking entirely human to her. Being Curious, the Dark Magician Girl got up and walked over to the bar. Standing next to the odd human, she leaned on the bar. "Um.... Hi, You're Different..." She said, not looking up.
The woman would be able to tell that the girl lives the kind of life she once did, probably even worse at that. "I know a place where you could get clean water. It's a bit of a walk through the desert and i would burn up out there..." she said quietly.

Matt was sitting at the bar with a bottle of whiskey but was turned to face a beam. There Matt was casually throwing knives in a straight line up and down the beam while drinking. People eyed him nervously in case he started throwing badly but with each sip of the whiskey his aim and form remained superb. "This town is a little too boring for my taste," he said as he got up to retrieve his knives.

mcpop9:
snip

Pandora says to the rather young looking "magician" "That's fine, I wasn't really that thirsty anyway, but it's pretty hot out there huh? Last time I was in such a humid climate I was buryi- you know what never mind. she says with a chuckle. "Also, while I understand I look a bit... strange, to you, it's a bit rude to point out a person's "flaws" don't you think?" she says as she begins to ask the crowd "Anyone else ever get that sense of impending doom? Because right now, I feel like sh** is going to hit the fan soon." she says in a manner as though she was seeking an answer to why, rather than giving a warning... hell, people here don't seem to know about an Absol's sixth sense of danger, so not revealing it and being called a bad omen in TWO worlds would probably be a step in the right direction.

"I don't get out much... sorry..." She said and hung her head low in shame. "But, from what i've learned, bad news follows the group i'm with." she explained to the other woman. "May i ask what your name is please? It would be nice to have someone to talk to." the girl asked, hopefully.

mcpop9:
snip

"My name is Pandora, a fitting title for someone such as myself, not that I expect you to fully understand what I mean by that. Anyway, there's my introduction, what might your name be?" she asks as she brushes some remaining sand off her horn. "Oh, and... what's with your get-up? Not the typical thing I see everyone around here wearing. Then again, I guess I'm one to talk about appearances aren't I?" she says with a chuckle. then she asks the previous question again seriously to anyone in the saloon. "Seriously though, anyone have any idea what's going on here? When I feel things going downhill fast, I hate to admit I'm usually right."

"Well, i'm not exactly a human. or real even...." The Girl began to explain. "My name is Esia and i'm known as the Dark Magician Girl. I'm essentially the spirit of a card my master wields in battle. But i am still alive and breathing when i'm like this." she explained. "You can touch me and i can think and move and interact with the environment as well. I'm real until i'm de-summonded." Esia explained.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 . . . 805 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here