The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 . . . 874 NEXT

Where's he gone? :O.
Time: Evening | January 1st.
Weather: Cloudy.

While he didn't reveal his hiding spot, Hiryu was extremely concerned with Tomoya's disappearance.
"...Damn...Hiryu to HQ, Target has gone dark, Repeat, I've lost contact with Tomoya. Send word to all units Globally, We need to keep him away from the Rising Dawn!" He spoke into his radio to HQ.
I hope I bought them enough time... He thought as he checked his surroundings.

After a good hour had passed, Mostly him making sure Tomoya wasn't going to re-appear and strike him down, Hiryu finally made himself viable, coming out from behind a rock formation, as he went to organize a Teleport out of the desert.

David, Rugal, Slindis, Riki, Kud, Devon, Teri, Melethia

"I'm afraid you'll have to ask Devon about that, Miss Melethia. It's not really my place to say..."

Following that, Teri could only sigh as she applied a cure spell to David's neck. Even if she was mad at the soldier, that didn't mean she wanted anyone dead, Devon included. However, she was also glad that Rugal and Slindis were there, even if they weren't in the best of moods. Even so, beggars can't be choosers when it came to surrogate parent/mentor figures.

"There we go... Come on, I think it's only a little further till the stone of light."

Doing her best to remain the 'bright light' that was alluded to by both Lucifer and Jake, Teri helped the soldier up and kept an enthusiastic face; even if the events of this place were wearing her thin. Melethia could see the effects on the Cleric, even through the false cheeriness that Teri had placed over herself.

Angelus, Caim, Jake

Caim growled, and punched a wall, "Gods damn it all! Of course it's an Author! IT ALWAYS HAS TO DO WITH THEM!"

It was time for Angelus to play voice of reason again, "Caim... They're not all bad. Our friend here just said he's looking to aid the cause of stopping Tomoya; and even says he wants to stop interfering after that. Furthermore, Teri and Devon have worked hard to be here, and to gain use among our ranks. That has to account for something in your eyes."

Caim gave a grunt, and shrugged, "That's three of em, compared to the whole we've had to deal with. outliers in groups happen from time to time. Doesn't mean that most of em aren't a pain in the ass."

Captcha: i'm sorry dave

"He's not so bad when he's not punching things or having a huge ego..."
"So, all the time?"
"Damn."

Devon nodded at the response and recast the Light spell on his shortsword as he went over to Melethia. "If you need to know, I'm the guy that helped Slin find you. If you need me to help you out any more, just ask."

For her part, the young girl grinned. "Mister, ya really need to relax. Ya messed up. So? You can always do better as more stuff happens. I mean, ya can, but if ya keep goin like Miss Teri is, you'll collapse. Same goes for ya, Miss Teri. I'd like it more if you let yourself really smile, but your eyes just feel really sad. Cheer up? For me?"

Seeing her pupil's stress, Slindis put a hand on her shoulder. "Teri, it seems tat you've earned some more training of mine when we leave here. No equipment, but if you're doing what I think you're doing, you're far too inexperienced for it." Teri could tell that Slindis was genuinely concerned as they closed on the Stone.

Teri laughed nervously at Melethia's question: "I don't know what you're talking about, Miss Melethia. I'm just fine. We've just been at it for a while; you know, with time bubbles, spell casting and whatnot. If anything, these goggles probably mess with the lighting on my face; which might make me look sad! I promise, I'm okay!"

Ah, another bold faced lie; at least, to those experienced with them. Teri recast Light on her staff again, happy to see the gloom banished by the light, and patted her faithful dog on the head. It was probably going to fade soon, so she might as well enjoy the dog's presence while it didn't need to attack. The creature proved an ample distraction as Teri put her facade back together, and decided to ask her mentor what she was talking about (and hopefully change the subject), "Training? Sounds great! I'd like to be as much use here as I can."

However, the girl was concerned about what her teacher meant by "inexperienced". Perhaps she meant all her spells? Sure, it was a bit hard getting Frostburn into her list, but the studying she put into them made it worth it. After all, Snuffles had proven to be an extremely helpful ally in combat. She could only hope that Helga would be the same way; for she had yet to summon the dire-badger...

Angelus, Caim, Jake

Jake's voice boomed and interrupted Caim's rage. It was full of anger and regret.

"Caim! When this is all over and the world has been brought peace once again, I promise you that I will personally destroy the links that any Gods have with this world. Even if I must sacrifice myself to do it, I will use my Author powers to seal this world... Well seal might be a bad word to use. I will cut this world from outside intervention, make it it's own reality, unable to be affected by anyone outside it. And if I fail, I will fall upon your sword, if only to give you the peace of mind of one less Author to ruin things. And if I succeed but live, I expect to fall upon your sword so I may not write again and cause another round of suffering."

Jake stopped his little speech to take a deep breath. He pointed dramatically at Angelus then spoke again, his eyes locked upon the Bloodknight. "Do not think I am doing it for you, Master Caim. I shall do it for Angelus, who has saved my life thrice now, if only to give her peace of mind that you are not raging over it. Now, let's fucking go and find this Gods-damned Stone."

Jake stormed ahead, drawing his sword and letting it hang outwards.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Time: Morning | January 2nd

Teri's Mindscape: Lucifer | Teri

A room... was it a room? No, a room is more than four walls and a door, especially considering where they were. This was something else... something of a greyish existence, a grey desert if it weren't for the fact that desert sands would have given the ... expanse some sort of personality. Even the single circular pool of water seemed to be dull and sapped of life. The air had the same tinge of greyness to it, as if its owner was unsure what would fill this void.

A lone figure stood in the grey nothingness and stared into the small pool of water... could you even call this grey liquid water? Giving the grey liquid the title of water would have meant that it had the capability of bringing life to the land that surrounded the pool, however the barren "land" around the pool was proof that this liquid was not water.

Blue... Blonde... Black... the figure's eyes, hair and tailored Italian suit stood in contrast to his stark surroundings and while this man... this demon... represented death and decay it seemed ironic that Lucifer brought a splash of life to the landscape of Teri's mind.

"*Tsk tsk tsk* Kiddo, you are not doing yourself a service by keeping yourself locked away in this place." The Visiting Prince (of Lies) said as he looked around at the "environment."

The Arch-Daemon of Hell and former Archangel Archangel was not talking to himself however and showing signs of a febrile mind at work. No... he was speaking to the girl who was seated at the edge of the pool, her face somber and composed. She had gone into hiding from the outside world and yet here was the outside world barging in on her.

Teri, Cleric to God, found that seated next to her was the Arch-Nemesis of her Patron, the very "man" that she had been taught to despite and shun. However, she did not sense any malice in his words. She did not sense any malignancy to his purpose for being there. She didn't sense anything from him, except for a bit of concern.

Angelus, Caim, Jake

Angelus only shook her head at the men before her, one of whom was pushed to his limits mentally, and the other who was always at his wit's end. Both were fueled by their anger at the world; and there was nothing the dragon could do to stop it. Lightly smacking Caim on the back of the head, the dragon decided that attempting to talk to Jake at this point would be fruitless, as the man had already decided how he wanted to live and die. And knowing humans, their plans always ended up changing at some point.

David, Devon, Kud, Melethia, Riki, Rugal, Slindis, Teri

To those who looked at the Cleric, she seemed to be on auto pilot; her steps echoing quietly with the rest of the group. Perhaps she was meditating with the staff as before? Rugal could certainly attest to the girl blanking mid-conversation from time to time.

The Cleric continued to stare into the pool, her mockery of the concept of tranquility still upon her face as she spoke, "I have read that you entreat upon mortal minds to mess with them; but I see no reason for your coming here. There is nothing of interest about me to catch the eyes of a devil."

As she said this, brief flashes of virtuous people sped around the two: souls full of honor, beauty, grace, virtue, kindness, yadda yadda yaddah. These were replaced by equal parts of what these people could fall into: disgrace, vanity, sloth, vice, cruelty....

When they faded, she continued, her voice filled with a hollow monotone, "If anything, one of your minions should be here instead, yet, here you are." An image of an imp sprang from the pool, and skittered by The Morning Star's side, only to vanish as all the other constructs did. Her face ever unmoving from the pool, the features on her face remaining vacant, she continued, "Not trying to sound rude, sir; but I can't help but be a tad on the confused side. Why are you here?"

It's not often that the Devil found himself struck dumb... as if The Boss herself came down from the clouds and snatched out his tongue. Running a hand through his hair, the Daemon could only look around as if embarrassed as he pulled out a silver coin and skipped it across the surface of the pond.

"Well... kiddo... I'm not here to mess with you. At least... I... ummm... don't think so. I mean... this is the third time that I've visited you when you've been ... erm... in need... right?" Lucifer stuttered as he looked around for something else to keep his hands occupied and finally settled for sitting on them.

"And... I really... think you're wrong about you not having anything interesting about you... I mean... you are pretty spunky for ... erm... a human." Lucifer said as he started approaching dangerous territory.

"I guess you could say I... I'm here for you... and by you I mean you, not your soul." The Eternal Adversary said as he looked up towards the "sky."

"Seriously Boss? You had to make it this difficult?"

A tiny prick of a noise filled the air, as the Devil saw a crack appear on the girl's 'face' as she became more rigid than usual (if that was even possible in this dead land), "What."

Before Lucifer could explain himself properly, he saw that she had stood up, the liquid pool beginning to agitate as she did so. Ah! She had life in her yet! However, something seemed to hold her back, as she paused and put her hands to her blank 'face', "You may be the Prince of Lies, but that was just cruel!"

An emotion? No, she forced another shard back onto the mask, and sat herself down to the wavering pool. Thunder rummbled in the distance as deep, dark clouds began rolling in, looking ready to pop any moment.

"Forgive my impudence, sir. Even the Devil deserves respect. But I digress... State your real purpose, please. I am not in the mood for games. Then again, I am not in the mood for anything."

Ah, the monotone returns. Lucifer shook his head, wondering why she kept shifting too and from this robot of a persona. Where was the fire? The ice? The Venom? She had it all, it was just a matter of being pushed. Perhaps that was where the key lied?

*blink blink blink*

What in the bloody hell was wrong with this girl? She was going to take this whole route of thought, a fire in the middle of the pool formed as the Devil's indignancy took hold in Teri's mindscape. Of all the times that he could have chosen to lie, he was hard pressed to think that she actually believed that he would have chosen to lie right then.

What was even worse was the fact that Teri was barricading herself within this barricade that she had built for herself, sort of like a pair of Teri nesting dolls.

So let us see here. We have Lucifer sitting next to a representative of the opposition, telling said representative that he was there for her and we have Teri, sitting next to the leader of everything that she had been told was wrong with the world.

"Look, Missy... I might be the Prince of Lies, but you've chosen to believe me abot everything else so far... and look at how far you've gone." The devil said rather angrily as his fire rose higher and higher as it tried consume the grey of Teri's hideout.

There was a pause and within the span of an instant, Lucifer's fiery anger was doused. Looking at the young woman sotting next to him, Lucifer could look at the young girl.

"Listen Kiddo... I mean it. If I was here to mess with you, you think that I would do so now or before those pep talls lf our's" The daemon asked helpfully.

Placing a hand on Teri's, the demon turned to the girl with a smile.

"Teri... I mean it. I really... really mean it... I'm telling you the truth, I'm here for you because I ... I..." and here Lucifer found himself tongue tied.

"If I'm lying then... I guess we'll both have to sit here in silence..." and with that, Lucifer smiled and he pushed the young woman into the pond.

David/Rugal

"He's not so bad when he's not punching things or having a huge ego..."
"So, all the time?" David responded after Teri helped him up,
"Damn."
"My point exactly..." He added as he freed himself from her grasp and proceeded onwards behind Rugal.
Steady David...Wait for the shot... He told himself as he spun the chambers on his M500 to calm himself, causing a audible *Click Click Click* sound.

Rugal meanwhile overheard Slindis's mention of further training for Teri.
He then thought back to the time she locked him and her in a pitch black room and shot arrows at them like one of Wesker or Cortex's inhumane experiments.
"Well, so long as you give me some warning before you try to turn me into a pincushion again, I am I right Teri?.....Teri?..." He asked, surprised by the lack of answer.
David picked up on this and noticed the cleric in some kind of trance, waving his hand in front of face and snapping his fingers.
".....Kids these days..." The Marksman commented as he awaited for her to snap out of it.

"Wait, what are you-"

Before she could say anything else, the girl was shoved into the clear pool of liquid. To Lucifer's surprise, the pool was much deeper than it initially appeared, and Teri had begun to sink in it; despite how desperately she was trying to keep herself afloat,

"NO! GET ME OUT OF -"

The water, well, if you could call that black sludge the liquid became "water", closed over her head; a deep cracking noise was heard, and the gray reality broke. Literally, it had broken, deep cracks edging themselves into landscape, and the place fell away in sections, leaving only the black pool and Lucifer floating in the air; his wings unfurled to prevent himself from falling into the nothing below. Or was it above? It was a bit difficult to conduct spacial relations when in the construct of a mind.

Silence overtook the place for a moment, and in that instant, chaos took it's part on the world. A sun and moon rose, set and changed phases at a rapid pace; Magma flowed, gas swelled, an explosion! Water, life, rock, earth and everything in between began to overtake the place, the mental landscape creating and destroying itself. It made sense that there wasn't just one way for her world to make and unmake itself; she had read so many stories about how the universe was formed, it was only natural her world took on that same process multiple times.

Finally, after a final permutation of creation and destruction, the world around them finally settled upon orange rock and streams of light. A cavern of sorts, it seemed, with it's creator seated by a pool of water. Her arms clutching her sides, she looked cold in this distinctively warm place, a contradiction the Fallen was amused by; but did not voice. Kneeling down next to her, he quietly asked, "What was all that, kiddo?"

Teri buried her head in her knees, and shuddered, "I was trying NOT to feel anything. You just had to go do the one thing that made that impossible, now didn't you?"

Ah, so the pool was where she stored emotions and memories... No wonder it was so blackened when she fell in.

Riki & Kud (Plus Slindis, Rugal, Teri, Melethia and David).
Time: Midnight | January 2nd.
Weather: Dark clouds.

As the group entered the Stone Chamber they could clearly see the light given off by the stone, even though it was encased within a small box with the rest of Tomoya's past weapons beside it. "The stone is up there... well I doubt this will be easy." Riki sighed as he looked around. The chamber itself was covered in darkness and cobwebs, who knew what lurked within it. Piles of bodies also were lined along the pathways, some were old skeletons and some were recently killed spiders. The light boxes which contained the weapons and stone was on top of a main pillar over to the back of the room, it was surrounded by multiple statues. One even looked like the past Tomoya.

Quickly though a loud roar was heard from one of the statues. It was the corrupted Guardian, "Multiple life forms detected. Light origin detected, protect the stone!" As it launched a darkness missile which blew up the bridge in front of them.

The guardian itself was bigger then a (Halo) Spartan, it had dual mini-guns on both it's arms which could easily switch to dual double toothed chainsaws. On it's shoulder it held a small missile launcher, it's armor was made of angelic metal which intended it to be the worst thing in the temple.

Storm-178.

The ships were already gone as the all the pods were launched. All 40 of them.
As Ton Ton leapt from the already darkened and dead pod, Storm noticed his dead soldier quickly.
"FUCK YOU!" Storm said as he jumped and quickly used his super strength to boot the pod directly at Ton Ton in mid-air.

Meanwhile 15 of the pods had already landed and were attacking the temple defenders.

Dark Tomoya.
Time: Evening | January 1st.
Weather: Cloudy.

Flying at a decent speed, DT already knew that his men were already attacking the temple. He also felt the presence of some people get closer to THAT. He wasn't worried though, both his men and the guardian were giving him enough time. "I wonder how my little prisoner is doing... hehe. I wonder if he knows?" D.T said to himself as he flew past the desert and into Central America. He wanted to blow up the Strider HQ after this for laughs, but first things are first.

DS Shaun.
Universe: The Stormverse.

The VIP prison cell turned back to normal. A group of different angels came around and replaced to the nice angel he was used to guarding him. Cursing himself, Shaun looked around. He still had the ordinary stuff, a bed, a toilet, sink and mirror. The mask on his face had broken from the torture and some how the other half still manage to be attached to his face. Gazing up at the metallic fan spinning around in the room he thought about the time DC had him, the only thing he could see was the gun... and the real demon.

The killing intent he felt was strong, but the worst part is that Shaun didn't know if it was fake or not. "Crap... maybe I should of talked it out. Though... if I die... they die." Shaun said to himself, the last thing he was going to let die was his characters from which his cherished through out this whole thing... especially Tomoya. The thing he knew was that Tomoya could be redeemed and sent back to his world before he was hurt.

"(You could of killed them...)" A voice said in the deepest darkest corner of my heart. Shaking his head, he mentally locked the voice back in it's cage. "(Their blood could save them.)" It said once more, the dark voice in his heart was weak, but it was there. "No... no... FUCK YOU!" He said to himself. "(You know who I am... you know who makes me stronger.)" It said once more.

Staying silent, Shaun knew what the voice was... it was the dark him... the one which gave birth to Dark Tomoya. Dark Shaun...
The one who wanted the world dead and those who hurt him dead.
Getting up and walking over to the mirror he called once more.
"(They hurt you just like the others... let... THEM BLEED!)" Dark Shaun said to him.
"NO!" Shaun yelled out and immediately bashed his head against the mirror multiple times until it was oozing blood.

Shaun fell onto the ground and just laughed until he passed out.
"You won't... win"

bluerocker:
/quote]

[quote]

*Thwoomp*

A sound that sounded much like the unfurling of something else, however it was not sound of wings being unfurled, it was the sound of The Fallen One doffing his jacket and shaking it out briefly before wrapping it around our still shivering Writer/Heroine. This sound was briefly followed by silence, broken only by the sound of liquid dripping from the cavern's ceiling back into the black pool. Finally, Lucifer spoke.

"That IS part of my job, you know. To make you feel emotions, that is." The Devil stated as he sat back down next to Teri, the natural/unholy heat that his body gave off serving to warm her.

He was impressed and yet concerned. Her mind had been crammed with so much information regarding creation, it impressed him.

However, there was something else. An pulse of power that he had only felt an echo of once before... the day he was created. His body reacted to this power on a cellular level.

*THWWOOMP*

This was the sound of wings, wings older than his familiar daemon wings, unfurling. Suddenly there was a softness that seemed to surround the formerly distraught and now annoyed Cleric as The Morning Star wrapped white feathered wings around her.

"So... Teri... is your mind always this dark and gloomy or are trying to make me feel at home?"

David
"EVERYBODY GET DOWN!" David shouted before the bridge was blown up by the guardian.
He was knocked back by the blast but was otherwise un-harmed.
"...Oh...sweet....fuckberries..." He stated as he took in the sight of the entire beast as it revved up twin Chainsaws.
"Melethia! Get the kids out then get me the strongest acid you got! Devon, Teri, Do whatever it is that you guys do to kill something! Slindis, Rugal! Get up in it's face, I'll cover you!" He ordered in a attempt to organize the group before the real fight begun.

Rugal
While he wasn't one to take orders, he decided to follow David's commands for now.
He brought up his Slashing Aura and rushed into battle, searching for a weak point as David took potshots at it's face.

Devon

He looked at the guardian and laughed as he looked at it. "Well, this is nice. Let's see what makes you tick, Mister Roboto." His eyes took a golden hue as he saw multiple runes runes floating around it. Can't be poisoned or diseased, likes fire and electricity, needs good and chaotic aligned blades to fully punch through the armor although either would weaken it somewhat, acid can partially eat through the armor, cold will slow it down, Light based spells won't work, and there's some more here...

Devon cast Know Vulnerabilities! He knows all weaknesses, resistances, and immunities of the guardian.

"Good and chaotic aligned equipment or acid rounds will hurt, cold will slow it down!" He began singing to rally the group as the fight started.

Melethia

She moved Riki and Kud over to a safer area then tossed David a small glass bottle filled with dull brown liquid. "Toss it at the thing then shoot it unless ya want to lose that weapon of yours!" Melethia then went for a bow that looked a bit too large for her then fired a few arrows at the guardian to weaken it.

Slindis

Slindis chanted a few defensive spells to improve her defenses all around against physical attacks and elemental blasts then jumped across to where Rugal was then drew her blades to start attacking the guardian. "Divide its attention!"

Tajuh

The first landing attackers encountered a single man on the ground. For a moment, they laughed at the incompetence of the invaders. Why the hell would they only have one man guarding the ground? That line of thought was quickly quashed as he pounced on the ones nearest him and tore through their ranks with no scratches. "You've grown weak in your position, and you've underestimated your foe. Fortunately for me, that's the last time you'll make that mistake."

David
Once David had the bottle, he quickly switched his ammo to Acid rounds for good measure.
"HEADS UP! ACID INCOMING!" He shouted before he threw it towards the Guardian.
Once it was entering it's downward arc, David took the shot, shattering the glass and freeing the acid within...

Rugal
...Just as Rugal received Slindis's instructions.
Once the acid splashed into it's face., The Guardian turned it's attention to David and Melethia, the source of the corrosive goop, and brought out his Mini-Gun.
This allowed Rugal to climb onto the back of the creature, focusing on keeping it distracted as the others attacked, keeping a wery mind of future Acid Attacks.

Teri would have responded, but the sudden appearance of the wings threw her out of a loop. She had always heard of the beauty of angels, and their wings; but to see one (even if it was THE fallen angel) was a new experience in of itself. Without really thinking, she slowly reached out to feel the texture of the wing. To her pleasant surprise, it was as soft as a kitten's fur, and a small smile appeared on her face. That was when she realized what exactly she was doing. Retracting the arm like a hand from scalding water, she apologized profusely, "Oh god! I didn't even ask if that was okay! I'm so sorry!"

Her face warming with embarrassment, Teri remembered the question asked to her, and softly nodded, "Yeah, it's usually like that. But it changes with my mood- When I'm not feeling like crap. You know, I never really like this whole feeling thing; its never lead me anywhere good..."

She expected a quip from the Morning Star, but found that line of thought changed when the very foundations of the cavern shook violently. Her body was under attack! Gritting her teeth, she closed her mental eyes for a moment, "I won't be -"

The Rest of Reality

The Cleric's eyes cleared, and she 'spoke', "gone long. If you still want to talk, I can still hear you here, I think."

"Good and chaotic aligned equipment or acid rounds will hurt, cold will slow it down!"

Thus, she poured out a water bottle, and began to chant as Squishy rose from his home. A moment later, Helga, the Ice Construct Dire Badger appeared; and Teri set it towards the guardian. Snuffles would be next. Moving to a slightly safer location; the Celestial Chanting began again as she readied the incantation for Snuffles (Ice Wolf Construct) to appear. If it was ice they wanted, ice they would receive.

Devon

He switched the singing over to his instrument as he began casting another spell. "Look, we've got this! that Hot Topic angel doesn't have crap on us, Especially when his defenses can't hit us!" As he spoke, the others around him saw the man blinking in and out of existence as he tried to get a better look at the battlefield.

Devon casts Blink! For the next 48 seconds, all attacks have a 50% chance of missing him, and he can move through solid objects with a 50%chance of materializing within it every 5 feet and being forced out to take damage

Melethia

Melethia pulled out a few more acid phials and threw them at the guardian, rolling to the side to avoid the gunfire and shooting the phials when they were just about to hit the guardian for a double dose of acid damage. "C'mon, we've got this tin bucket!"

Slindis

Slindis began jabbing her rapiers at the guardian's legs, and the rapiers shifted to pierce through the angelic metal with ease. "Doing good, Rugal!" She chanted to provide Rugal a major amount of protection against the acid that was coming their way.

David
As David was going his best to not hit Rugal or at least hit him without LOOKING like he was trying to him, he heard Devon's strange little ditty and watched as the Bard seemed to phase in and out of existance!
"....Why am I even surprised anymore?..." He sighed before returning to the task at hand.
He watched as the Acid flowed across the front of the Guardian before adding to Melethia's Brew with his own brand Acid RoundsTM.
While it'd be some time before any real damage would appear, it certainly seemed to piss him off so they were going something right.

Rugal
"Just!...Let me know when-! it's safe to strike!" Rugal managed to get out as the Guardian attempted to get him off his back, while he wasn't using his key strengths in combat, the fact that the Guardian was more worried about him then everyone else was good in of itself.
Though he could have sworn that David was trying to hit him the whole them.

Devon

He moved over to Teri and flickered as he watched the Badger's attacks slightly hinder the guardian's speed. "Good move Teri! That'll give the bastard a hard time!" the phasing in and out distorted his voice, making it a bit hard to hear him well as he continued to play the energetic song that helped the group focus.

Melethia

Melethia kept the acidic assault, and the guardian was slowly getting hit by more of the attacks as the slowing effects of the cold seeped in. "Wheathair, watch out! It's hard to get direct shots in, so we might hit you!" It was clear that the girl was trying to avoid hitting the large man, but with the movements it was making, it was difficult to do so.

Slindis

Slindis sidestepped more attacks from the guardian as she began working in concert with the Badger to harass the guardian from multiple sides. Gunfire from the guardian went close to Devon and Tri's positions, but the distractions made the accuracy less than expected.

Teri's Mindscape: Lucifer

What a strange thing, leaving the Devil to play around in you mind as you leave to fight a corruption would you mental visitor feel right at home. However Teri did leave Lucifer there to watch her and her companions battle the terrors of the Corrupted temple of Light.

As he watched the Cleric summon her constructs and battle beasts, he could help but wince in reflex to the Holy Powers she summoned.

"In the Boss's name... did you really have to summon all of them at once... ouch." The Fallen One called out as he looked. At the motley crew that was assembles with the Cleric of God.

"How in the Pit did you get stuck with these poor sods?" He said as he pointed started going through a list of the crew's transgressions.

"You've got Mark and Devon... Damned... One sold his soul for power and the other for the life of someone that he tortured to death and let's not forget that one of them is rather sociopathic with these new friends of yours. Your creations, Caim... Angelus? Psychopath and his enabler? Rugal? Criminal is simply a word compared to what he really is." The Devil said... leaving a momentary pause before he started chuckling.

"Kiddo... I think I see why you think that emotions aren't worth it, but I think that you're selling yourself short. Are you smiling yet? Because I'd like to see something other than this muck." He said, chuckling once again trying to pull some sort of feeling from her.

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Nighttime | January 1st

Corrupted Temple of Light: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kud | Kyre | Melethia | Puce | Riki | Rugal | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

There was an explosion in the Stone Chamber as another group of Rising Dawn members entered the fray, sending a cluster of large stone flying a couple feet before they fell to the ground as if their will to move had been sapped. Let's add to this flash of crimson energy that flew through the thrown dust and stone to strike the Corrupted Guardian in its face.

"HEY BIG AND FUGLY! FORGET ABOUT US?" Ella's voice called out as she flew through the hole that Puce's stone Golem had made in the side of the chamber, her hands holding what looked like a crimson crossbow that fired bolts of energy rather than traditional bolts.

"Attack" Puce ordered, sending the stone golem lurching forward as Puce acted as support, absorbing incoming attacks that came from the Guardian and using the stolen energy to rip chunks of metal from the Guardian's hide.

The light from Mark's torch barely illuminated the darkness as he lead the pack consisting of the Knights and the Kitsune through the halls of the Corrupted Temple, following the sounds of fighting. As they progressed ever closer to the point at which the group of heroes would eventually converge and take the stone, The Dramatist requested an update of what was going on around Avatar Adventures Universe.

As he read through the updates, he got to Shaun's section and got thoroughly pissed off.

"That son of a bitch." The Dramatist cursed suddenly, startling the trio behind him.

"Excuse me Master Mark, is something wrong?" Aftan asked from behind the Writer.

"No... it's nothing." Mark said through gritted teeth as he clenched his pistol with white knuckles. He was going to have to reveal Shaun's particular brand of egocentric martyrdom.

"That asshole things that he can place emotions on me? He thinks that he can read my mind? Is he so full of his own shit that he thinks that he's the innocent in this whole affair? He's clearly never sacrificed a goddamn think in his life for something that didn't involve stroking his own narcissistic dick? I'll give Tomoya a good send off alright... to the void of erasure where he belongs and probably Shaun with him. We could have settled this like adults... made him see that this place wasn't a realm for playing anymore... that his actions were having consequences and that I would kill him as a last resort... if it looked like the whole ordeal was lost. Instead he ran and we lost New York... we lost Jenny. People have been broken... and he's still out there in a luxury prison cell while we're in the shit, getting shit." Mark fumed as he entered another chamber and turned. They were only a few more rooms from the sounds of fighting and already the tremors of battle could be felt through the stone floors.

Kurumu watched as more and more of the Drop pods were taken down by her, Cadolbolg and the concentrated fire of the Airship Rising Dawn. Seeing Storm send a Drop Pod towards Ton Ton, Kurumu swooped in and opened up on the distracted Spartan with a hail of explosive cluster shots from her Model 1216 shotgun, using her Succubus strength to keep the shots within a tight group.

"Hey asshole! Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" Kurumu screamed as Cadolbolg swooped in as well to grab his rider out of harm's way.

A.I. Hell: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

A.I. Vermilion watched the sensor logs and cheered as she watched Dmitri's shots getting more and more effective as he progressed in his on-the-job-training session with the offensive systems of the ship. Turning back to her own console, Vermilion accessed the missile grid and unleashed hell upon the drop pods and the carriers themselves.

"Back to out previous conversation... if Mister Bernstein proves that he is unable to change his spots, how do you propose we handle the situation? I believe alerting the authorities to his location would be a viable option should he choose to betray my Master and your Mistress."

"Are you smiling yet? Because I'd like to see something other than this muck."

As soon as he had said that, he noticed there was a tad bit more light in the cavern; and an opening to a layer above the caves. Following that path with a flap of his wings, he came to an empty grass field, an environmental impossibility anywhere but the mind; and looked to the skies. Divided in two they were, as the bright patch where the light derived from was being obscured from an oncoming front.

Was this her expressing joy in battle? The front only rumbled with thunder in response to the thought, leaving things up in the air.

The Rest of Reality

After sending Snuffles (Ice Wolf) barreling after the guardian, Teri tapped Devon's shoulder to indicate a need to change in position; as the Guardian was starting to advance their way. As they did; Teri waved a hand, and cried out, "Incoming downpour, watch yourselves!"

As she ran, Teri answered Lucifer's mockery (at least, that was as she saw it); "Hey, those are my friends you're talking about! You think I haven't thought about what has happened with them? You think I forgot that Rugal runs a Cartel, that Caim and Angelus have slaughtered thousands, if not hundreds of thousands; or that the rest of our party have done their share of bad things?

With the frontline fighters out of the way; an orb of water appeared (10 gallons, to be exact) and washed over the guardian from the waist down, the body of the water running off the Guardian's body and onto the already wet floor. While it seemed like an inconvenience, there was a method to this madness. When the group re-approached the beast, they found that Teri's constructs moved a tad bit faster, especially where Squishy and the wolf was concerned. With every step it took; ice sprang from it's paws around the water. Teri had prepared for this, as the wolf had a cold aura about it.

"I will whole heartily admit to destroying a world, so I'm just as guilty as the rest of them! Sure we've screwed up a bunch; but we all still have a chance to get better so long as we are alive! That's why I even came to this realm. I did so to fix the problems the Writers have caused! Even if my own creations loathe me for what I've done, I intend to bring balance back to this place; with this God-granted power!"

As her spells were recharging, she used this chance to hold aloft the cross necklace, and call out, "Oh beings of water, take arms for the Lord! Be strengthened in His Holy Name!"

The water itself trembled at the girl's command; and from what could be seen, Squishy the Water Elemental shivered by the girl's words and charged with the battle-like prayer; brought itself against the Guardian with renewed vigor.

"Call me a fool if you will, Mr. Accentuate The Negative; but I think that people ALWAYS have the chance to fix their issues, so long as they're alive and kicking! Even if I feel like crap because my friends are tearing at each other throats, this I will ALWAYS believe in!"

Ninjamedic:
Rise and shine Mr. Preacher!

Riki & Kud (Plus Slindis, Rugal, Teri, Melethia and David).

Guardian.

The Guardian was worried about the large steroid man on his back, but the weapon on his soldier proved to be a big benefit. The shoulder mounted missile launcher turned around and introduced itself to Rugal by shooting him point blank with a missile. The explosion made a strong gust of wind and the fireball wasn't very big and did not affect the Guardian in the slightest.

The metal ripped off from the guardian would only grew back.
This would happen with angelic metal bound with souls of all the dead.
This also reacted to the acid attacks.

Another missile flew out of the launcher, but was aimed at the golem made out of the temple's weak and decaying stone.

The efforts of Teri were managing to work, the combination of both ice and water made the Guardian's legs almost immobile. Though the Guardian was trying it's least hardest to move with it's legs.

Riki.

The two kids were in a safe spot from the battle, but the boy didn't want anything bad to happen... even to the Guardian. Noticing the chucks of black on it, it was safe it say that the Guardian was corrupted. Riki switched his scared view to the stone of light. Riki tried to play the situation out in his head but it all said "Don't do it?", ignoring the voice in his head Riki ran surprisingly quick and jumped off the platform where everyone was and the guardian was focusing on.

Managing to latch himself on one of the statue's strong cobwebs, Riki was climbing up to the Stone of Light.

Kud.

Seeing her stupid boyfriend do what he did, Kud was immediately worried about him. Though she knew what he was trying to do and decided to help backing everyone up... but with what?

A lone gun was on the ground, it was Riki's, it was wet from before but now it was dry.
Aiming the gun at the guardian she managed to shoot a round which went underneath David's legs and almost hit Puce on the other side.

"Umm... my fault." She said as she resumed and tried to shoot the guardian. In half a clip's time she was actually managing to land hits on the creature. The danger climbed for the group on the main platform as gigantic spiders climbed up to meet both groups.

"Everyone!" Kud yelled as she pointed at three spiders climbing up on their side.
Well... two.
She managed to hit one a second later.

Storm-178.

The group outside.

The shots were tight enough to head straight to Storm who was distracted and had not used his suit power.
Alpha did inform him of the bullets but it was too fast, time started to slow down as Storm was thinking about everything. "Death would be better then serving evil." He thought as the bullet were a meter from him with lightning crackling in the sky.

Lightning...
Not just lightning.
Evil and the most unholy lightning created.

A dark scream was heard as the dark sky covered Storm.
One lightning bolt crackled in the background.

The dark light given off from it outlined two people.
One standing in front of the other.

"No..." He said looking up. If anyone could see the figure it had many holes in it's face.

"NOOO!!!"

He screamed as he was suddenly gone by the next lightning strike.
The darkness of midnight covered him.

The Dark Archangel.

Another lightning bolt struck the temple and he was already in front of the succubus.
"Go back to your lover, you demon bitch!" He smirked right in front of her before he launched an unbearable punch on the girl. The unholy force made her flew into the temple, the girl was unfortunately strong and would definitely live as long Tomoya didn't get a hold of her again.

A dark laughter filled the skies.
"All of you should die... " He looked down upon them.

The angel soldiers took notice of their Lord and ran back to cover for the best.
Dark Tomoya then floated down on the ground with Storm.
The Dark Angel's wings were huge and had dark lightning outlining them.

The one thing he noticed was the bullet holes inside Storm, who was kneeling on the ground.

"So anyone want to battle me one V one... or can I just kill all of you?" He smirked as he offered an option.

"*cough* Thanks... " Storm managed to say to Tomoya. The Dark Angel turned around and gave him his iconic thumbs up.

>Corruted file.<
Time: Never.

A chamber made up of Complete was lit up by only one screen.
Looking from his own view he saw Mark's reaction.
"What a antagonistic little bitch..."
It said with no emotion.

He could hear the crying nearby.
"I will carry it out."

StormShaun:

"So anyone want to battle me one V one... or can I just kill all of you?"

"Well, that's a very interesting offer, child. Am I to assume you will holding one hand behind your back? ". A voice, gentle yet powerful, echoed across the forest. The Fallen Angel turned to see a tall, slender figure emerge from the forest, eyes glowing behind his glasses, book in his left hand. It was The Preacher, having arrived at the temple to check on the expedition. "Good Evening son. I trust you are well at the moment?" He sat down on a stone, folding his legs. "This is all a bit too far isn't it? I thought you were taught to play nice with others." His calm demeanor masked the man's fury, this was the stray child that destroyed a city and killed millions of people for a laugh. Yet, he waited for an opportunity.

Ninjamedic:
One thing I do have to admit is that I do like Preacher. :D

Tomoya didn't know the Preacher was there, turning around he saw the calm, cool looking man looking directly at him. The other point Tomoya was really impressed about is the he could keep calm under this kind of situation unlike the author Mark. The fact that he is a powerful human servant of God is also true which delighted Tomoya. "Ah good morning Father, I am well and I hope you are as well." Tomoya said as he gave a respectful bow.

To people... or humans like Preacher, Tomoya could keep calm and civilized. "I was nice, but then something... actually someone made me." Tomoya said in a weird sense, he just wanted to kill the old man already but deep down, something respected this kind man. "Okay... how about a game? A game of human checkers!?" Tomoya said loudly with a smile. Suddenly his men actually moved into a checker board formation.

"The funny thing is that I also like board games, it's... different from killing." Tomoya said with an uncertain look on his face, the memories of his daughter had flooded into him. "If you don't want to play we can just do the usual. Though if you do..." A smirk appeared on the angel's face as though he had an obvious plan.

StormShaun:
"If you don't want to play we can just do the usual. Though if you do..."

The Preacher shook his head subtly, the Dark Angel's demeanor was a jarring combination of a teenager granted absolute power determined to enjoy it, and a reluctant harbinger of death. While he could see that Tomoya had a strange respect for him, he knew it was more to do with his status, less of his character. He could briefly see the human side of Dark Tomoya, determined to use it to stop the bloodshed. "Will this be another game where our player pieces will be at risk? Because I have a far simpler offer for you. It involves no violence or suffering, I'm quite fond of it myself". He continued to sit, waiting to see if Dark Tomoya would listen.

Tomoya was disappointed he discovered his rules all too quickly, but he didn't care. "Eh... I was going to suggest that my pieces were the ones to die. But whatever, I'm listening..." Tomoya smirked to himself as he waited eagerly to hear the Preacher's offer. "Lets try to do this quickly, I know they are down there... but it wouldn't be bad if we were longer so..." Tomoya said with a more human face but suddenly coughed into his hand.

Preacher could only see black liquid on his hand before Tomoya wiped it away from his coat.

Devon

The man stopped blinking in and out of the Material Plane when the spiders popped up. "Hmm, that's no good. Better slow those bugs down before it gets sticky up here." He pointed at the ground in front of the spiders, coating the area in a thick grease. No matter what, it'd buy them time.

Devon casts Grease directly in front of the two spiders climbing up to attack the group! A DC 10 check will allow them to climb at half-speed, and failing the check means it has to make a DC15 check to avoid falling. Failing the first roll with a 5 or under means the spiders fall.

Both spiders rolled a 3... oh dear.

Melethia

She continued to fire arrows at the Guardian with each blessed arrow colliding with small acid vials to burn small holes in the armor. Even though the creature could regenerate, a focused attack from multiple people all nailing it with its weaknesses was sure to wear it down.

Slindis

The Paladin increases the stabbing, separating the left chaingun arm with a good number of stabs to cripple the arm before finally tearing it off.

Tajuh

Tajuh looked over at the Preacher and nodded, showing he wouldn't let Tomoya's allies interrupt the fight as he kept the shortswords out and looked at Storm. "Hm, a Spartan. I've heard a bit of your talents. Are you going to be declared MIA, though?" He knew enough through conversations with Gilliam to know that a Spartan was never declared to be dead.

Riki, Kud, Slindis, Rugal, Teri, Melethia and David).

Guardian.

Teri felt a twinge of sadness when Squishy finally disappeared, but held firm. Her constructs were still up and kicking; and with their efforts, had frozen the Guardian in place. However, she also noticed that Devon seemed to have found himself in a bit of a pickle with the spiders, and called out her beasts: "Keep attacking that thing, but if the Paladin says otherwise, follow her lead!"

Turning to Devon, she asked him where the spiders were exactly and chanted in Celestial, Conjuring a 20 foot layer of ice that wrapped around the sides of the ledge.

Teri Casts Ice Slick to wrap around the sides of the ledge! The Spiders must now roll a Balance Check to cross the ice! Given that they are now covered with grease (and failed at that, for that matter), They must roll a higher DC of 17 instead of the standard 15.

The group outside.

"Ms. Kurumu! Cadolbolg, get us over to where she is, and make it quick! We don't know what's in that temple with her!"

The mechanical turtle/dragon gave an angry growl, but followed through with his pact partner. Even with their newfound strength, charging the Corrupted Archangel would not prove to bode well for their lives.

Captcha

"You're welcome"

"Damn straight!"

StormShaun:
"Lets try to do this quickly, I know they are down there... but it wouldn't be bad if we were longer so..."

The Preacher smiled very slightly, he could see the human side of the Fallen Archangel was still there. Hopefully, he could buy the group enough time at least, if not end the carnage once and for all. "Have I ever told you my favorite quote of this book?" He held it up to let Dark Tomoya see it, he opened it and flicked through it until he came to right page. He began to read:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you shall know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." Finishing the excerpt, he closed the book and put it back into the inside of his coat. The Preacher now looked back to Tomoya.

"Now, you may think that passage is something impressive to say before kicking someones arse, but I consider it to be a great summation of my purpose." He used his right hand to provide gestures, punctuating his argument. "You see, I am the shepherd." He pointed to Tajuh, ""And the good pilot there is the righteous man, a true brother." then he pointed to Tomoya "And you are a lost child." His face became far more serious now, determined to avoid any more deaths. " I have seen what truly evil men can accomplish, and what it is to be completely irredeemable, and you are neither. It is not too late to stop now, to end this pointless violence. You may not be a Man of God anymore, but surely you can see the futility in this?" He extended his hand to the Archangel "I offer you one last chance to stop, you are not completely lost, you can still be forgiven."

Rugal
Rugal was doing a good job of playing Human target with the Guardian, allowing the others to deal some damage to the creation but it was clear it wasn't working.
Goddamn Angel Tech! He cursed as he did his best to rip strips from it when he could, only to watch them grow back again near instantly.
"...GOD FUCKING DAMN-" He yelled before the rocket launcher appeared on the shoulder, aimed right at his face.
"-It..."
Before he could do anything, he was blasted clean in the face and into one of the chamber halls, leaving a massive dent.
He then fell seemingly lifelessly into the seemingly bottom chasm below.

David
He watched the scene unfold and shouted "RUGAL'S DOWN!" as he was nearly shot in the back by Kud and Riki took off on his own for the umpteenth time.
"JESUS CHRIST! YOU HAD ONE JOB! ONE JOB!" He shouted at the pair of them, every-time he tried to get them to not get themselves killed, they just did the opposite.
It was then that Devon took care of the spiders and Teri froze the Guardian in place.
....I'm not dying like this...
"SLIN! DOUBLE BACK! NOW!" he warned as the Dorw saw him change ammo type.
"...Please for the love of god just die..." He begged as he fired an entire clip of explosive rounds at the guardian's legs and the platform he was standing on, hoping to blow his legs off and cause his platform, and him, to fall into the abyss below.

Slindis
She rolled back as the impacts hit and watched as the Guardian struggled to get up with no legs, a good bit worse for wear but not out for the count. After seeing Rugal get thrown down the cliff, she became serenely calm as she drew her second rapier. "I do not care what you are any more, but you represent everything that has gone wrong in the last few weeks. I promise you that this will be over quickly."

The Paladin then began tearing the guardian apart, capitalizing on the damaged areas from David's attack with a surgical precision. Angel Tech or not, there was only so much it could regenerate, and the guardian hadn't been built with an enraged Paladin giving their all with Rapiers that constantly shifted to exploit any weakness they could find. The sheer amount of damage that was being put out through each and every harsh blow to the Guardian's body began overwhelming the defenses, and the Paladin chained together multiple Smite Evils to rend through the armor bound with the souls of the undead.

It tried to flee, but the attacks from the Ice Badger and Frost Wolf slowed its already sluggish movement to a crawl.

Devon
He watched the paladin viciously dismantle the guardian with a bit of fear, knowing that could have been him had he not explained his remorse earlier. "Teri, remind me to never make Slindis angry."

Melethia
As the guardian was being harshly assaulted by the paladin, Melethia looked down at the pit that Rugal had fallen into. "...Wheathair?...Did that really happen?..." It was clear to anyone that could see her that she planned on jumping down there to check on the man and see if he was okay.

The Fallen One actually took a moment to smile as the storm front appeared before him and did something rather strange; he took off his shoes and allowed himself to walk bare footed through then field that existed only within the Cleric's mind. It was only moments later that he found himself in the middle of the storm, as the thunderheads unleashed their payloads above him.

"Did I ever tell you that I met Zeus? He was a pretty likeable guy but had a penchant for dating younger women." Of course when you're a God thar seduces mortal women, younger woman was sort of a given.

"Towards the end though, he just kept getting stranger... I guess the loss of so many followers was too much for the guy." There was a twinge of regret in the Devil's voice as he admitted this however the echoes of battle and Teri's thoughts finally reached the Prince of Lies' mind.

"Hey, those are my friends you're talking about! You think I haven't thought about what has happened with them? You think I forgot that Rugal runs a Cartel, that Caim and Angelus have slaughtered thousands, if not hundreds of thousands; or that the rest of our party have done their share of bad things?

"I think you're misunderstanding me. I just wanna make sure that their darkness doesn't stain you." He said, sounding concerned.

"I will whole heartily admit to destroying a world, so I'm just as guilty as the rest of them! Sure we've screwed up a bunch; but we all still have a chance to get better so long as we are alive! That's why I even came to this realm. I did so to fix the problems the Writers have caused! Even if my own creations loathe me for what I've done, I intend to bring balance back to this place; with this God-granted power!"

"If you think that killing alone is why I mention them, then we've got a ways to go, kiddo. The next time you see one of your friends kill someone, just look into their eyes. Do you see it, that glint of pleasure that shows up in their eyes? Your soul sings because you're useful to your friends, but it's not screaming for blood. If there's anything I'm a good judge of, it's character." There was no pride or hubris behind that statement, it sounded matter of fact and there was something else there... a warmth?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 . . . 874 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here